• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I really think running Lightning Dragons of the Skies has better benefit than Friday Dungeon. You get fodder to feed, exp, and occasionally a gold dragon/dub-topalit, rather than wasting stamina for shit you don't even need in Friday Dungeon.

Yeah, thanks ...i will unlock this dungeon asap. Same shit as with the Mystic Masks before, seems like the only somewhat reliable weekday dungeons are the Keeper and Plants one.

It's done, Gaia get. Finally cleared master, i even raged and used three stones not knowing if I was going to get the drop (never done anything like that before). That's how much I hate that dungeon. I even rolled back my +220 echidna just for this, freaking nightmare.

Now that I cleared it I realized that two of the stones were wasted on me not knowing the dungeon and making bad mistakes. Don't think I'm ever going to run it again to see if I can no stone.
Congrats! I know much you hate that dungeon. Glad to see you finally beat it.

It's a x1.5 jewel period. That could help with your determination, lol.
Ideally, yes. But I'm not sure I can run the Red Jewel dungeons, which is the one I want the most :(.

I 10-pulled for rare evo mats and only got a green sacred mask out of the 10. I'll need it eventually, but not right now.

I think at this point I just need to level up more units so I can start figuring out teams I can use for descends.

Jagernaut

Congrats! I know much you hate that dungeon. Glad to see you finally beat it.

Ideally, yes. But I'm not sure I can run the Red Jewel dungeons, which is the one I want the most :(.

Thoth & Sopdet is good for Ronia teams if you don't get heart trolled. I ran out of hearts on Isis (2nd to last boss) today and since there was no red jewel invade I just quit.

Hige

Cool, thats nice to hear - you are keeping my flame of hope alive !!!
Lets see if i can handle it with my team without the mass attack active. Could you post a screen of this team configuration ? Just wanna see the stats when it comes to HP/RCV/ATK to see how much leveling i have to do.
I just checked and I have 15711 HP with the team I mentioned (without a friend). All max level and +297 on GZL. I don't think RCV or ATK matter too much, as long as you get enough TPA to break the green mask's 1 mil defense, so only GZL's ATK matters.

You might be able to get away with whittling down the green mask's HP and then attack both if you could keep healing. Then you wouldn't need to break its defense. I've always just OHKO'd them though.

got my red jewel! now to work on my Red Valk... I've got to ultimate evolve her, and then Super Ultimate evolve her...

Stealth Edit: Damnit, I need two rainbow keepers and a dragon fruit... maybe next week

Hige

It's done, Gaia get. Finally cleared master, i even raged and used three stones not knowing if I was going to get the drop (never done anything like that before). That's how much I hate that dungeon. I even rolled back my +220 echidna just for this, freaking nightmare.

Now that I cleared it I realized that two of the stones were wasted on me not knowing the dungeon and making bad mistakes. Don't think I'm ever going to run it again to see if I can no stone.
Congrats! I thought I was ready to finally try it myself, until I realized my Echidnas were the 8 cost versions instead of the 13 cost. I went anyway lol. Had to spend two stones on Gaia and fortunately got the drop on master. Ugh, what a shitty dungeon. I used a Wangren/Gigas/Echidna x2 team.

She can be skilled up 10 times!? Screw that, I'd rather use piis. I only got her so I can evolve Hades.

Maid

Banned
Yeah, thanks ...i will unlock this dungeon asap. Same shit as with the Mystic Masks before, seems like the only somewhat reliable weekday dungeons are the Keeper and Plants one.

There is no reliable weekday dungeon. Wait until you need a specific dark or light one on Tuesday, or in need of Dragon Fruit like me.

It gets even worse when you want one of those colored dragon fruit. Like, I need 4 ones for my Ronia, and now I don't know what I'm gong to do with 4 yellow and 5 blue ones. No red. None.

The person who who listed Wangren as an "easy" team for Gaia on PADX played a big joke on everyone. Fuck that! The first time I saw the team listed, I tried and failed 3 times and it wasn't even close. Once you take a hit, you need to use Menace just to heal back to full, and try not to get hit again. And if you kill everything to avoid taking hits then you end up at Gaia without your skills charged.

I just evolved my Wangren, because I'm not gonna try using it for low-cost dungeons again. I'd rather try Flame Chaser, Asuka&Eva, or Fire Sprite if I have to give it another go. Thankfully, I never needed more than 1 Gaia. She sucks, so I'm just gonna feed my only one which I never even bothered leveling since I evo'd her. Fuck that dungeon.

I guess there are non-Fire leads that could be tried too, like Batman, Darkseid, Purin, etc., but I haven't given any further thought to this dungeon.

There is no reliable weekday dungeon. Wait until you need a specific dark or light one on Tuesday, or in need of Dragon Fruit like me.

It gets even worse when you want one of those colored dragon fruit. Like, I need 4 ones for my Ronia, and now I don't know what I'm gong to do with 4 yellow and 5 blue ones. No red. None.
This is really the way to do it. Unless I only need a single mat or so, I try to stock-up by running dungeons with multiple useful drops. Like, I only have a couple of Dub-topes left, but I figure I'll incidentally pick up a few more while running 5x Monday techs for +eggs. I'll also pick some up running the Angelit/Devilit dungeon, where I'll get multiple Mythlits, Dub-myths, tamababies, and Angel/Devilits even if I don't get any Dub-topes. It lessens the trolling.

As for the trifruits, I have 31 blue and 0 red or green. It sucks not having a Bonia. Anyone know what the trifruit skills are going to change to? I'm trying to max my Gonia before it happens and holding onto the blues hoping it changes to something useful.

Hige

Once you take a hit, you need to use Menace just to heal back to full, and try not to get hit again. And if you kill everything to avoid taking hits then you end up at Gaia without your skills charged.
Yep, that's pretty much what happened to me. I got through most of it quickly, but then didn't have Echidna ready for Gaia after the -99% HP attack.

I tried Gaea with a monofire team but got rocked by the blue half of the sleepy dragon. How did you deal with that?
I got it down to ~60% then killed it with Gigas and a big combo.

I tried Gaea with a monofire team but got rocked by the blue half of the sleepy dragon. How did you deal with that?
I honestly don't remember the team I used for my first and only clear. But I think I 1-stoned it with a Flame Chaser team. Don't know the exact build. But for Fafnir, you'd ideally use the first couple of turns to whittle its life down and/or setup the board without dropping it below 50% health. Then OHKO it before it attacks.

Tobe

This is really the way to do it. Unless I only need a single mat or so, I try to stock-up by running dungeons with multiple useful drops. Like, I only have a couple of Dub-topes left, but I figure I'll incidentally pick up a few more while running 5x Monday techs for +eggs. I'll also pick some up running the Angelit/Devilit dungeon, where I'll get multiple Mythlits, Dub-myths, tamababies, and Angel/Devilits even if I don't get any Dub-topes. It lessens the trolling.

As for the trifruits, I have 31 blue and 0 red or green. It sucks not having a Bonia. Anyone know what the trifruit skills are going to change to? I'm trying to max my Gonia before it happens and holding onto the blues hoping it changes to something useful.

thats my worst fear, that i cant max skill my two ronias (rolled another one this last godfest) just evod my ronia and she got zero skill ups.

razterik

Pretty sure trifruit change to the Norn skills, so you will have a bunch of Skuld skill up material.

Only supposition, but the Flame Insect dragon might be a better lead than Wangren for Gaia? Not that I would ever run low cost during jewel rate up because an invade is essentially game over.

Four T&S runs before my first Sopdet drop and my first red jewel. Now I have to get three more.

J0dy77

Congrats! I thought I was ready to finally try it myself, until I realized my Echidnas were the 8 cost versions instead of the 13 cost. I went anyway lol. Had to spend two stones on Gaia and fortunately got the drop on master. Ugh, what a shitty dungeon. I used a Wangren/Gigas/Echidna x2 team.

She can be skilled up 10 times!? Screw that, I'd rather use piis. I only got her so I can evolve Hades.

Yeah. Same situation for me, I need her to evolve hades and that's it. Just need to evo her now, everything else is ready and waiting.

Pretty sure trifruit change to the Norn skills, so you will have a bunch of Skuld skill up material.

Only supposition, but the Flame Insect dragon might be a better lead than Wangren for Gaia? Not that I would ever run low cost during jewel rate up because an invade is essentially game over.

Four T&S runs before my first Sopdet drop and my first red jewel. Now I have to get three more.
Do Jewel invades even happen for the "optional" descendeds?

razterik

They should although I have never experienced it myself. The dungeon information lists different stats based on the low cost.

Came extremely close to beating Thoth & Sopdet mythical with DQXQ. I'm gonna go back to farming on legend though. Its actually pretty easy with U&Y.

Thoth & Sopdet is good for Ronia teams if you don't get heart trolled. I ran out of hearts on Isis (2nd to last boss) today and since there was no red jewel invade I just quit.

Do you have Ronia or Lu Bu? Really easy with either of them. Any mono team with big burst really.
Completly missed your comment Jagernaut. I do have a Lu Bu. I can try that once my stamina comes back. I still don't have a devil board changer of my own, but Sopdet gives so many hearts that a Vampire might work just as well. Will report back with results.

Edit: This team worked pretty well. I almost lot on Ra because I forgot about his status shield and tried to poison him. Otherwise, it was a very smooth run.

Anyone with Pandora leads or any leads that pair well with Ronia or uevo Lmeta wanna add me? All are fully awaken but not max level or high plus.

My ID is 379, 038, 299.
I leave pandora up and usually swap between ronia and Lmeta on the other slot.

EDIT: forgot to check out the Google doc

I guess I'll continue hoarding blue fruits hoping for a skillup I can use.

And fuuuuuu I always forget to consider otherwise useless monsters as low cost options. I didn't keep a spare Flame Insect, but at least I'll snag an Earth one to keep. While double-checking my box I also noticed I forgot about the Sanrio mobs. Base Hello Kitty is 2x ATK/RCV for Fire types. Too bad she's Balance type though.

Man, are they really raising Jewel invading rate to x1.5? I've run Sopdet for 8 times and none appeared.
13% chance of no invades in 8 mythical runs
27% chance of no invades in 8 legend runs

Hoping I get lucky with my Sowilo runs so I can use any remaining stamina on +eggs but the odds of no invades isn't insignificant if I don't stone for stamina.

Hige

I hadn't tried the dungeon on mythical before, but I got Thoth, Sopdet, and a jewel invade in two runs, yay! I didn't have Beelzebub last time around and got heart trolled even on legend with a Ronia team, but the HP buffer he offers is amazing. First run was smooth, but I flubbed my second run on Isis and had to stone since I got a jewel invade, though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Single PAL Machine pull.

Green Sacred Mask dropped :eek:

I just checked and I have 15711 HP with the team I mentioned (without a friend). All max level and +297 on GZL. I don't think RCV or ATK matter too much, as long as you get enough TPA to break the green mask's 1 mil defense, so only GZL's ATK matters.

You might be able to get away with whittling down the green mask's HP and then attack both if you could keep healing. Then you wouldn't need to break its defense. I've always just OHKO'd them though.

Ok thanks for the heads up !!!
My teams HP is less than 10k right now and GZL isnt even max lvl, i think ill have keep leveling a bit.

Also true :-/

colinp

Banned
Wow, my last run of Thoth Legend netted me a Leilan. Yes!

Unfortunately, I seem to be missing a Divine Onyx Mask to uaevo my dark valk...

&$%£#!!!

Jagernaut

Wow, my last run of Thoth Legend netted me a Leilan. Yes!

Unfortunately, I seem to be missing a Divine Onyx Mask to uaevo my dark valk...

&$%£#!!!

You could buy the Dark Knight Sword dungeon for 500,000 coins and keep trying expert for 15 stamina until you get the onyx mask.

Quantum

I've been thinking (and saving) a bunch of plus eggs - I was considering putting them into a blodin, but after making a +297 blonia I don't really think the team needs it - even with a +297 blodin I think the damage is lacking.

my question is what should I concentrate or drop + eggs into.

I have a nifty lu bu team which destroys KotG runs and thought about it, but even at level 72 and only 8+ eggs the team is unstoppable.

I have a healer team with a Lmeta - after the hp boost, again - not really so worried about + eggs - added damage is nice, but Lmeta is more about farming than crushing decends.

LKali team - building and a work in progress, but not a large number of people running and just like dqxq I feel its more of a brag team than functional.

while I love the game and still play a lot, I've really felt limited lately in my ability to try new teams - as posted before I think gungho has priced me out of the game - sure the company has got me to drop a ton of money - and I would seriously consider spending more, but I feel so limited now - I have the drops for a nifty new team and now you want me to spend a ton more to level them - screw that.

an added comment - I am worried about my investment in this game, if gungho completely disregards the united states players today I will feel I've gotten my moneys worth so I'll temper my remarks - but - such as it is - and - after dumping a relative large sum (>1000 dollars) into the game I think I can complain. Why the hell is gungho treating the US players so poorly compared to the JPN players - we get shit collabs, shit bonuses, shit updates, shit information and have to pray that updates make it over to our country. I am so tired of reading on forums - I hope this comes to the united states.

Granted I haven't iap'd since we got the chibi's and have lost all future desire to, I got a few gift cards when I changed from android to Ios and have a few hundred dollars that I have been buying some movies, music and games with. I'm very fortunate the I have the ability to spend money on what I like and my comments I realize are coming from a perspective that may be interpreted as entitled - I honestly don't mean for that to be the case and know how hard I've had to scrape to get to this point in my life but feel the need to vent, understanding that non-iap players have a very different view.

Watching gungho's penetration into the american markets is also fading, I hasn't broken into the top 100 in a few days and - with each god fest its not getting better but worse - I really enjoyed the holiday bonuses, but the US at large didn't (unless I'm not interpreting the data correctly).

this is a game that we all enjoy - and post and talk about, but seriously - what the hell is up with the terrible treatment given to the US players when compared directly to the JPN players?

before you use the argument that we are a few months behind, I'll both agree and say for a company that brings in more than a billion dollars a year profit and is trying to expand into a market I apparently understand better then they do - I'll say its a complete lack of understanding of US gamers.

there is a great quote in a sig on another forum - paraphrasing it says - US players shouldn't look at other players PADherder mobs with desire, but should be happy with the ones they've pulled. to me this defines the problem I'm both trying to describe and I guess why I'm such a horrible US player - I'd love to try other mobs and teams, but each new team costs about 500 us in either cash or time to set up - why?

TLDR: Another Rant, Gungho hates US people. (Kayne reference, Mike Myers looking into the camera with a lack of words)

Hige

TLDR: Another Rant, Gungho hates US people. (Kayne reference, Mike Myers looking into the camera with a lack of words)
I can't disagree with anything you said, sadly. I'm building up plus eggs for my third +297 and I'm really cautious about where to use them because I want to future-proof myself and not throw them at a card that doesn't adapt to the evolving metagame.

I started a JP account a while ago (106 days, just checked) and the amount of freebies they get is insane. I'm rank 18 with ~30 Tamadras, 1x of each of the Piis (except light) and you can often get 2 stones per day during events because they sometimes deliver Piis and other items through low stamina dungeons. I haven't bothered to really play the account just because of the language barrier, even though I know some Japanese. I think there's a way to swap some data files from the NA version to play a mostly-translated version, but the thought of going through the whole game again and getting friends/box space/evo mats etc. is too daunting.

If you're ever looking to switch over to the JP version, let me know. I'm willing to give my account away since I'm not that invested in it, I just log in for stones and to roll in godfests lol. It has Goku, AA Luci and some other stuff.

Got my blue jewel on 1 run of legend lol. All that stamina I earmarked for grinding descends today can be used for super rubies now. :)

I'd love to try other mobs and teams, but each new team costs about 500 us in either cash or time to set up - why?
It's always going to be that way since that's their entire business model. Either you have the patience to grind your way through or you pay for an expedited path to your goals in the game.

The costliest part of the game (in terms of stones/money) will always be the REM so just lay off that for a while and you'll probably be able to set up another team without too much spending. I assume you have a pretty diverse box and the framework for many teams after all that $$$/time you've spent.

Invest in the team(s) that you enjoy the most.

I wonder if it's a situation like with NOA, where GHUSA has little sway over what they're actually allowed to do in the states.

To contrast look at BraFro, who has TV commercials, web ad campaigns, and a lot more marketing, and despite being a gigantic pile of shit of a game they have a lot more penetration in the NA market.

linsivvi

Finally max skilled Bane again. Took more runs and stones than I would like but at least it's done.

The costliest part of the game (in terms of stones/money) will always be the REM so just lay off that for a while and you'll probably be able to set up another team without too much spending.

Yeah that's what I do too. I roll very sparingly and concentrate on maxing the farmable stuff. Just half a year ago Athena, Beelzebub and Hera-Ur weren't viable end game leads and now they are. I have no doubt that Gungho will eventually make the lesser descend mobs viable in the future.

B64QB6YIEAASMu3.png:small

what do i do help
Die

Rekwest

What is the best Cu Chulain Ultim?
Should i get ignis or noble wolf king? i got everything to evo ignis. also got everything to evo noble wolf king. only got one cu chu...

What is the best Cu Chulain Ultim?
Should i get ignis or noble wolf king? i got everything to evo ignis. also got everything to evo noble wolf king. only got one cu chu...
If you're using him as a sub, especially on a GZL team like I am, then definitely Ignis as that's the one with TPA. The other one is probably a better unconditional leader.

*Lightseeker*
[Duration]: 1/12 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 1/25 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
The sun reflects across the dazzling surface of a lake, and flash! Lightseeker has arrived! This special two-week dungeon features unique opportunities to farm the Lightning Chaser and Neneko.
Lightseeker has four difficulties, ranging from Novice to Master. Use Lightning Chaser as a skill-up for Archangel Metatron, and Neneko as a skill-up for Hatsume no Tsubone!

I stupidly fed away a stack of Light Keepers a little while ago, so this is going to suck

Top Bottom