• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You could just download the apk of the US version like I did, for some reason I can't download the the Playstore version on Android, only iOS.

BTW. Just unlocked Mechdragons Fortress and Forbidden Tower. Wonder which one is better for +eggs? First Dungeon for me without leader skills I think... Weird.

I can still only find a link to the ios version and nothing on the Play Store.
Doesn't seem like there's an EU Android version yet for whatever reason. Could always sideload the NA version; the only differences would be that time-limited dungeons will appear at more inconvenient times.

Jagernaut

Completely forgot about 5x tech rates today. I've been trying for the Light jewel, it's the last piece I need to evolve valk but will put that on hold. Hera-B is a pain in the ass.

I'm waiting for Goemon on Saturday for a light jewel for Beelzebub. Much easier than Hera Beorc.

BTW. Just unlocked Mechdragons Fortress and Forbidden Tower. Wonder which one is better for +eggs? First Dungeon for me without leader skills I think... Weird.
FT4 on 5x/1.5x is better than everything except Starry View Lane on a +egg/stamina standpoint.

Mechdragons is better for +egg/time if you intend to burn many stones on stamina refreshes IIRC.

cw_sasuke

FT4 on 5x/1.5x is better than everything except Starry View Lane on a +egg/stamina standpoint.

Mechdragons is better for +egg/time if you intend to burn many stones on stamina refreshes IIRC.
Alright thanks, I will give FT a go. Sucks that I don't have great fire types for the first stage.

octopiggy

Well you can use the Chrome extension APK downloader which will make the game registered on your play store and you can update it in the future.[/URL]

You could just download the apk of the US version like I did, for some reason I can't download the the Playstore version on Android, only iOS.

Doesn't seem like there's an EU Android version yet for whatever reason. Could always sideload the NA version; the only differences would be that time-limited dungeons will appear at more inconvenient times.

Okay. I'm going to do this. Thanks for the tips. I wonder if Apple have some kind of exclusivity deal?

hermit7

I'm waiting for Goemon on Saturday for a light jewel for Beelzebub. Much easier than Hera Beorc.

Yeah me too. Hopefully the heavy king will come up sooner than that. Need a dark for dvalk too this event after failing g to get an invade against Athena. Luckily Satan is easy for that.

cw_sasuke

+egg hunting drop rate is still abysmal imo. Will stop for now since this seems really end game focused for players who have everything else maxed.

Back to regular leveling, will hit 100 stamina in the next day which will be perfect for the next Tama Dungeon. Need a couple of them for U&Y and Odin....and as well for some Skill Lock Awakenings on other units.

Jagernaut

Fed 4 Neneko to Hatsume and got a double skillup to max skill her (already had 2 skillups from descend drops). No Ltron so I'm done with skillup and S rank in 1 day. Back to Vishnu/Leeza skilling.

zoku88

+egg hunting drop rate is still abysmal imo. Will stop for now since this seems really end game focused for players who have everything else maxed.

Back to regular leveling, will hit 100 stamina in the next day which will be perfect for the next Tama Dungeon. Need a couple of them for U&Y and Odin....and as well for some Skill Lock Awakenings on other units.
God, you're fast. I just hit that two days ago.

DQXQ's final skill up eludes me. After having terrible luck when the dungeon first came around I was super happy to get 4 out of my first 6 feeds from the coin dungeon. But now I'm 0/10 on the final one. Super frustrating.

ZeroAKA

I've spent the whole day farming Lightseeker on Master and only gotten 1 Neneko so far. Should I switch over to Expert if I don't care about the Light Chaser at all?

Quantum

I've spent the whole day farming Lightseeker on Master and only gotten 1 Neneko so far. Should I switch over to Expert if I don't care about the Light Chaser at all?

Not easy to answer but I think farming expert makes more sense - I think the drop rate will be less if you run a lower level.

both the chaser and neneko have really mediocre drop rates - consistent with the difficulty of the dungeon.

*but* given the fact that the expert level is almost 1/3 the stamina I would probably run expert because I don't think there is any evidence to support that masters drop rate is 3x higher than expert.

- probably best advise is just wait for 2x.

edit: I couldn't even make this up - decided to run an expert after this post:

25o42U9.png

and.... no skill up.

Loving 1.5x Jewel drops. Already got 3 from 1 run of Noah and 3 runs of Beorc. So 3/4. Fuck that Noah dungeon though. Had to stone to save the jewel. Rainbow Sakuya is so unoptimal. Sticking with Beorc to skill-up Dios.

Edit: Ha! Spoke too soon. Went the next 0/6 on Beorc invades.

razterik

I think Dios is likely to get skill up in the upcoming green biweekly food bowl dragon dungeon. Zeus Mercury and Vulcan got the blue and red skill ups already.

And there's Starry View coming on the Wednesday after 5x tech Monday again. I'm wise to your tricks now, GungHo.

J0dy77

Yeah, I switched over and did descent on + eggs in the tech dungeons. I'm now sitting on close to 50 + eggs from the last few weeks but not sure where to put them.

I saw the schedule after my post and will just wait for Goemon.

Loving 1.5x Jewel drops. Already got 3 from 1 run of Noah and 3 runs of Beorc. So 3/4. Fuck that Noah dungeon though. Had to stone to save the jewel. Rainbow Sakuya is so unoptimal. Sticking with Beorc to skill-up Dios.

Edit: Ha! Spoke too soon. Went the next 0/6 on Beorc invades.

The rate is definitely much better. I've had terrible luck with Jewels, 0/30 type runs. With this event I got the blue on the first floor, first try and the green on my second run. I haven't seen one since but I'll take what I can get.

The only one I really need is the Yellow for Valk. I've evo'd almost everything that needed Jewels, just a few lesser characters like Viper left. Evolving Beelzebub was the big one for me this weekend, he's a beast. My 2 prong devil team is almost complete.

I don't know if anybody has been paying attention to exfat descended, but Karin finally found herself useful as a leader for the dungeon. I run Karin, Droiddragon, shivaballs, UFO ver2, and Marlboro with a friend Blonia for the dungeon. Karin's leader skill requirement lets you easily stall on the first floor until the def breaking actives go up, then sweep.

I was planning to start using the "Alt." coin dungeons as my general farm spot but apparently the upcoming rotation is not ideal. I may end up farming for Echidna skill ups instead. I read about a team for farming Fagan skill ups using L/L Zeus and I think I can adapt it to LZL. It requires two max skilled Echidnas, and I haven't even managed to get one skill up on mine.

Edit: and DQXQ is done! I knew coming on here to whine about my poor luck was the way to go. Got the last skill up on my first run today. I have most of the plus eggs saved up to finish hypermaxing her, but I'm gonna wait until the rest of the 3K ults are announced before I decide whether to go through with it.

cw_sasuke

Tried Tuesday Dungeon - Keeper of the Gold just 4 fun xD
Got wrecked on the 2nd floor didnt expect them all to have a preemptive surprise attack. But if you can heal back in 1-2 rounds and 25x you should be fine. Having a maxed Ult Evo Odin with all Awakenings is probably nice.

Is Green Odin the best unit when it comes to healing/stalling or are there other units with similar high rcv per round ? Heartmaker like Siren would be good as well, but with her my max HP drop to below 15k.

My overall +egg distribution is roughly 237/209/230 HP/ATK/RCV right now. Give me more attack eggs. I'm 3 short of my second 297. :/

Tried Tuesday Dungeon - Keeper of the Gold just 4 fun xD
Got wrecked on the 2nd floor didnt expect them all to have a preemptive surprise attack. But if you can heal back in 1-2 rounds and 25x you should be fine.
Unless you're clearing the board for more hearts and a skyfall kills the current keeper before you heal back up to survive the next pre-emptive. <_<

I'm level 225 and I still don't even have 297 + eggs total accross all my box.

What is farming.

Farming +eggs is pretty boring but all this extra play time got me better at seeing some patterns and movement muscle memory so it's not all bad. I was thinking about egging up my D.meta or Ame teams, they're fun as hell,
rank 216 with only a +179 L.meta lead
Edit:
And gonna turn my 2 Vritra into a team, a terrible team if possible, any suggestions?

Quantum

Watery temptress till it's over.

I have two haku and I'm waiting on a Hanzo. Stockpile time.

having terrible drops in watery temptress, so odd that it just stopped by for two days

non-bitter information: I evo'd 5 grundys and got the final 3 hermes skill ups this morning

zoku88

I'm like a couple of hundred HP away from being able to do keeper of gold dungeon. I should probably level up my Grodin so I can make him push me over the HP barrier.

Quantum

Lucky. My evolved skillup rates continue to suck. 0/3 on Hermes to 1/18 overall. Hoping Watery Temptress is more kind to me.

agreed, 3/5 is unheard of for me. That being said I did dump a metric ton of grundys into hermes over the past two weeks.

I've pretty much tried to stop counting the feed:skill up ratio because its one of the worst parts of the game. I'm still in skill up hell with a bunch of mobs (looking at amon) - just figured I'd post some luck when it happens.

Jagernaut

Is it worth it to roll on the Midnight Gala and hope for Hanzo?

It's pure luck. I yolo rolled on a Dark Gala a while back and got Hanzo when I really needed him. If you have stones to burn you can try it. I'm hoping that we get a godfest by Thursday before the Dark Gala expires. If not I will roll once hoping for Persephone or Lu Bu.

J0dy77

So it looks like Watery Temptress won't get 2x drop rate during its appearance this time around. Very disappointing. Not even worth running without it.

Coins

Banned
Just starting playing this yesterday. I got to do the friend pull and got a Keeper of Gold that's got 7 stars. Is this good? I can't even put him on my teateam because his cost is so high.

So it looks like Watery Temptress won't get 2x drop rate during its appearance this time around. Very disappointing. Not even worth running without it.

Not running a bunch, but its worth the S-rank...

I hate being this close to a rank up on Star Vault days... Absolutely no benefit for running all day until the star vault opens...

EDIT: PDZ and PD- Mario was announced as a dual release for May! Did PDZ come with any exclusive things for regular P&D in Japan?

Is PD-Mario supposed to just be a mario themed P&D-Z or something new?

Tobe

Not running a bunch, but its worth the S-rank...

I hate being this close to a rank up on Star Vault days... Absolutely no benefit for running all day until the star vault opens...

EDIT: PDZ and PD- Mario was announced as a dual release for May! Did PDZ come with any exclusive things for regular P&D in Japan?

Is PD-Mario supposed to just be a mario themed P&D-Z or something new?

dont know about the mario stuff, but im glad we are getting pdz now i just hope we get the collab, that attacker gigas is gonna be the shit for my fire attacker team.

I thought I might have been wrong, thanks for the info. Pad Guide wasn't showing the 2x rate. I'm going to dump a bunch of stones on this and Ruins tonight and skip the Godfest.
It definitely wasn't showing 2x drop in PADX yesterday or this morning. So it must've been updated recently. Good. I can stop farming it today. Regular drop rates are horrendous. I only need 1 more Haku skillup and 2 more on my second Hanzo.

Top Bottom