• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Just starting playing this yesterday. I got to do the friend pull and got a Keeper of Gold that's got 7 stars. Is this good? I can't even put him on my teateam because his cost is so high.
Keeper of Gold isn't really meant to be on a team. It's one of the harder to get evo mats as a new player, so it's good if you have something that can use it. If not, save it in case you get something that can use it. You should also save other harder to acquire evo mats like Angelits, Devilits, jewels, the blue and green sacred masks, and the red, blue, and green dragon fruits.

He might not be meant to be on a team but he's a great stat stick for low rank players regardless. I fielded R.Keeper for a good while back in the day.

Kouriozan

Decided to reroll since Kushina is kinda weak and only got bad pulls.
But then they changed something to the game files and can't find data048.bin, only 000, 001, 002 and 003, don't tell me I have to delete/redownload everytime?

Drop rate for Mystic Masks is so awful, and I have so many monsters ready to evolve NOW that need one (or two!). Instead, I'm going to have to wait for the weekend and hope for more drops. :(

But then they changed something to the game files and can't find data048.bin, only 000, 001, 002 and 003, don't tell me I have to delete/redownload everytime?
How far along are you? Kushinada is a pretty good starting roll so I'd reconsider giving up on the file. She gets tougher and tougher to play but she is certainly not weak. Worst case scenario is you use her as a super sub if you can't consistently hit 7, 8+ combos.

Kouriozan

How far along are you? Kushinada is a pretty good starting roll so I'd reconsider giving up on the file. She gets tougher and tougher to play but she is certainly not weak. Worst case scenario is you use her as a super sub if you can't consistently hit 7, 8+ combos.
I was at Hyperion, had to use stones to beat Satan too :(
I can grind no problem but it was doing it for several days already and didn't make any progress.

He might not be meant to be on a team but he's a great stat stick for low rank players regardless. I fielded R.Keeper for a good while back in the day.
That's true. I initially disregarded using it since Rainbow has similar stats and a more useful active but I guess in the beginning the active doesn't matter much anyway.

Are you sure you're looking at the right folder? That sounds like the folder containing monster data.

Jagernaut

Godfest announcement.

10926785_993132277382031_2349621367465572326_o.jpg

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 1/16 (Fri), 8:00 PM - 1/18 (Sun), 7:59 PM (PST)

Greco-Roman Series 1 Gods and Angels descend at the Godfest! The heavens tremble under the weight of their power.

These two series also include their 6★ evolved forms--that means even more Gods have a chance to appear!

As of this Godfest, Sonia is available at standard 1x Rates. Odin, Metatron, Guan Yu, Zhuge Liang, Kali, and the Norn Series are available at 3x Rates.

- Greco-Roman Series 1 -
122 Minerva
124 Neptune
126 Ceres
128 Venus
130 Hades

- Angel Series -
620 Archangel Uriel
622 Archangel Gabriel
624 Archangel Michael
626 Archangel Raphael
628 Archangel Lucifer

- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia (Standard 1x Rate)
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia (Standard 1x Rate)
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia (Standard 1x Rate)
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hmm am I wrong are those Greco-Roman gods kinda lame?

I would like to have Lucifer, LKali or LMeta... But the chances of getting them are quite low I would guess. I think spending 5 stones to somehow get Athena would be better invested.

With my luck I would probably pull my 4th U&Y anyway Hehe.

Maid

Banned

I would like to have Lucifer, LKali or LMeta... But the chances of getting them are quite low I would guess. I think spending 5 stones to somehow get Athena would be better invested.

The first group (Minerva, Hades, Ceres, etc) are pretty good. In fact I've seen several 10th floor challenge build for Ceres. The second group, not so much, aside from Lucifer.

linsivvi

They used to be, but with the new ultimates they are/will be all very good.

Quantum

Watery temptress on 2x is the best chance in the game of picking up phantom chasers?

While I had terrible drops on Hamahime, I had great luck with the skill ups. I've maxed my second hanzo - now I guess I might as well continue to farm this dungeon today to try to skill up my hakus.

the dream team is still possible 0.o (pand/hanzo/hanzo/haku/haku/pand) although haven't had too much luck skilling pand or my hakus.

day: 666

Watery temptress on 2x is the best chance in the game of picking up phantom chasers?

While I had terrible drops on Hamahime, I had great luck with the skill ups. I've maxed my second hanzo - now I guess I might as well continue to farm this dungeon today to try to skill up my hakus.

the dream team is still possible 0.o (pand/hanzo/hanzo/haku/haku/pand) although haven't had too much luck skilling pand or my hakus.

day: 666
That's my dream team but with two dmetas. I lack the Hanzos though =(. I still farmed hamehime and have about 20 of her and 12 chasers. Fed two and skilled up one of my hakus. =)

I wouldn't mind a Greco Roman 1.0 god, but I don't have much need for any of the angels, and I'd rather roll with a higher chance to get Ronia. This one's a pass.

Edit: I never thought I would say this, but I have way too many dragon plants, and not enough seeds.

cw_sasuke

They used to be, but with the new ultimates they are/will be all very good.
The first group (Minerva, Hades, Ceres, etc) are pretty good. In fact I've seen several 10th floor challenge build for Ceres. The second group, not so much, aside from Lucifer.
Their new awoken forms are great. I have 4 out of 5 already and don't care about the angels, so I'll probably skip this Godfest.

Ok then, probably just not far enough in the game to see their true potential - wont be anytime soon that i try Lvl 10 challenge dungeon or get those Evo Materials.

Lucifer would be great for me to beat the Wednesday Mask dungeon, but the possibility is too low and i dont wanna have another unit to level at this point. Will try to brute force my way through the dungeon with a GZL team once i leveled the units.

Im about to hit KoG, from what ive read that THE farming spot. Is a 9x farming team enough to farm this one ? I am at Queen of Gods right now and so far its been easy with GZL but the HP condition can screw you up if you arent cautious.

If a 9x team can beat KoG ( which i kinda doubt looking at Zeus HP) i could use a God Team with Santa Hera or a Healer Team with SunQuan/Valkyrie as leader.

16 runs of hera-ur not a single Karin invade.

Is it even turned on still?

I was wanting to run TRi-fruits, but with hera-ur being stingy I don't think will be able too

Jagernaut

Dark Gala is ending today so I decided to make a pull hoping for Persephone or Lu Bu.

Pal pull - gold egg - Tamadra - nice
Rem pull - gold egg - Lakshmi - wtf? guess I'll go for Water/Light ultimate

What is your farming team for Hera-Ur?

Ronia leads, ultimate devil/attacker Luci, ultimate Haku, awoken minerva, and another Ronia.

I stall until the bind wears off on floor one sweep floors 2,4 and hera-ur. Ifrit can be tanked (both colors) so I take it slow on that one.

Tobe

Fuck yes!!!! Finally karin invade had to stone but fuck it its worth it. Now u just need to get s devilit tomorrow. Just hope i dont get trolled and get angelits. My dtron is close to hyper max. Gonna need 3 more badpis and done. My other dtron is already at 70.

got my Karin invade (and of course she appeared first on my stall floor, which cost me two stones because I had to stall again on Ifrit and got heart orb trolled)

Permafrost Hera-Is happened. which is nice. Once her and Awoken neptune are fully awoken, my blue devil's will be pretty good,

So Haku would be more viable, but I have Kirin and Ronia, so...

What stinks is that I burnt through all my stamina free stones, so no farming for Red Fruits (and that Ronia ultimate evo)

J0dy77

Can't decide where I want to put my + Eggs these days. I've pretty much given up on the +297 Horus team and +220 Echidna in favor of Lu Bu and Athena. 2 prong teams are just too strong right now. Sitting on 60 eggs on carbuncles trying to decide.

I have Kirin but have never really used her, she has the same issues that my Horus team would.

Here are my options

Lu Bu - +115 already
Ultimate Beelzeub
Haku - Staple on Lu Bu team and lead options
Kirin
Yamato

Thoughts?

Been less than happy with Supergirl recently, the payoff for her leader skill feels pretty mediocre and I think I had better damage with Ltron overall. Plus I think fewer people have been using her compared to Ltron so the hit to PAL points also hurts. Anybody else ever try her out?

Kinda feeling the same for FA Luci, doesn't seem like anybody ever uses him despite him nominally being good.

Been less than happy with Supergirl recently, the payoff for her leader skill feels pretty mediocre and I think I had better damage with Ltron overall. Plus I think fewer people have been using her compared to Ltron so the hit to PAL points also hurts. Anybody else ever try her out?

Kinda feeling the same for FA Luci, doesn't seem like anybody ever uses him despite him nominally being good.

It's hard to find a good monster that people use. Pal points used to flow like water when Valk ruled the game, now everyone is fragmented, and with huge friends lists its hard.

I get more pal Points on the weekend when my Ganesha is up than during the week. Now that he is Evolved, hopefully I will get a few more.

Puzzle Dragon Z dungeon. I am thinking either a Ronia team (Both my Ronia's are still not-ultimate evolved, and I can throw together 6* devils that still rock) or Use Chibi Kirin. Still get that multiplier (and she works with un-ultimate evo'd regular kirins).

Quantum

oh bummer - I was hoping I could skill my dark ripper.

><

I've only had 1 purple chaser drop today, but not gonna be bitter since my second hanzo maxed so quickly.

Hige

I only used a Supergirl friend once with my LMeta for the Guan Yinping dungeon mostly because they were +297 and I think max skilled.

I think the big problem with alternative leaders that are good on paper is that it's hard to find the same quality and consistency (read: skill ups, plus eggs) when you're just trying to farm something quickly (star vault) or need a strong friend for a descend. I sort my friends by ATT most of the time, so I'm trained to look at certain parts of the list for friends and forget that there might be other options available. For example, I have a +297 Beelzebub friend that's near the end of the list that I always overlook because I usually just use my own Beel and pair with my mountain of hypermaxed Ronia friends when I need to farm coin dungeons. I guess the hassle of editing my team to use a Beel friend once versus being able to enter dungeons, including descends, multiple times in a row with Ronia friends is another factor.

I keep screwing up the Lightseeker S rank. First I accidentally brought in 18 total rarity points instead of 17. Then I messed up a combo with DQXQ and didn't manage to break the Mid ninjas defense. It's mostly annoying since they're my own stupid mistakes and this shouldn't be that hard.

cw_sasuke

Yay im part of the 100 Stamina club now
3AQmK.gif

2015-01-16-05-10-59w2sje.png

Also beat KoG, needed 2 hits with my GZL team and a bit of luck but considering the board situation it turned out more than fine. Still wondering if 9x Healer teams can run this one easy...anybody ? Dont know if they could take on Zeus...maybe with Echidna delays ?

2015-01-16-05-49-07pssbb.png

Also have max-lvl every U&Y team member except of Kushi. Still need 4 Awakenings for 2nd U&Y for it to feel complete though, well and Kushis Ult. Evo but that wont happen before i can beat the Mask Dungeon. Will have to work on the GZL team now, still need to get Highlander/Cu Chulainn.

And this happened just after beating KoG xD

2015-01-16-05-47-07k7s28.png

razterik

she's probably going to rot in my box, along with GZL, L.Kali, and who knows what else I don't even remember anymore

Haha, don't even want to build the teams anymore?

I completely forgot about this fest. Hmm, let's see if my luck changed since last time...
Yay, Vishnu? Ronia and Light Kali dupes. Huh.

Still wondering if 9x Healer teams can run this one easy...anybody ? Dont know if they could take on Zeus...maybe with Echidna delays ?

9x healers can beat Zeus, but it's far from easy. 5.3 million HP is generally beyond their punching range. Not recommended.

Also, you have made amazing progress on that team for the stage you are in the game. 100 stamina is enough to start running Legendary Seaway for Kushi and UmiYama skill ups.

Also have max-lvl every U&Y team member except of Kushi. Still need 4 Awakenings for 2nd U&Y for it to feel complete though, well and Kushis Ult. Evo but that wont happen before i can beat the Mask Dungeon. Will have to work on the GZL team now, still need to get Highlander/Cu Chulainn.
I'm almost 90 ranks ahead of you and you have twice as many level 99 monsters in that screenshot than my entire box does. :x

I really should level my subs up

cw_sasuke

I'm almost 90 ranks ahead of you and you have twice as many level 99 monsters in that screenshot than my entire box does. :x

I really should level my subs up
To be fair the stat increases at higher levels are not that high anyway. I only did it because this was my first major team and U&Y my first leader.

I won't max lvl other units anytime soon, as long as they are good enough. On my GZL team, only the leader is a lvl +50 unit.

BTW. Which team do you use to farm KoG? Or are you at a point where farming KoG isn't useful anymore?

Top Bottom