• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

BTW. Which team do you use to farm KoG? Or are you at a point where farming KoG isn't useful anymore?
Lubu/Ronia is my safest and fastest KoG team atm. Any dark team with multiple bursts should be able to beat it consistently.

I only run it if I need to get my rank exp in range of a rank up to get extra runs of guerrilla dungeons or 2x bonuses.

linsivvi

To be fair the stat increases at higher levels are not that high anyway. I only did it because this was my first major team and U&Y my first leader.

I won't max lvl other units anytime soon, as long as they are good enough. On my GZL team, only the leader is a lvl +50 unit.

BTW. Which team do you use to farm KoG? Or are you at a point where farming KoG isn't useful anymore?

Not for a while. You can probably run it nonstop (as long as you can find the allies) all the way to 150 stamina.

Would be extremely boring though.

Maid

Banned
Not even one skill up, thats hard :/

Whats your Ronia team setup?

Now that you mention it, I was so happy for the long awaited evolution that I didn't remember about the skill up.

I use Ronia/King Baddie/King Baddie/Awoken Hera/Hera Ur (non evolve)/Ronia. Mostly stall for Hera's Gravity, and brute force through floor 8 without using any skill, then King Baddie/Ronia skill for floor 9, and everything else for Zeus. I only have +147 for my Ronia, and +297 for friend Ronia. No others have plus egg. You can safely stall on floor 8 as long as you have 4 combo with 1 heart, but I suggest stalling on trash mob is easier.

razterik

Ooh, neat, an updated chart. I wouldn't say KoG is "always" useful, since you can see how badly it drops off past rank 400, but it certainly is the one of the most useful options before that point.

Heads up for anyone with Valks to evolve to super ultimate evo. Extreme King Metal dungeon coming on Saturday. Pretty sure this also beats King Carnival as the best place to farm exp if you feel like feeding the fatty. Prep your Rodins, Athenas, or defense breaks.

I have no problems stalling on floor 8, the problem is killing flor 9 before i die, Zeus dies easy with Ronia+baddie+dark orb enhances

my team atm

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim....0.0..1781.30.1.0.0.0.1..1645.99.6.99.99.99.6..

Short term solution I might try would be to drop Santa Hera who isn't adding much damage on Zeus and take a second King Baddie to use on floor 9.

Maid

Banned
Heads up for anyone with Valks to evolve to super ultimate evo. Extreme King Metal dungeon coming on Saturday. Pretty sure this also beats King Carnival as the best place to farm exp if you feel like feeding the fatty. Prep your Rodins, Athenas, or defense breaks.

Sweet! My Dark Valk is waiting.

J0dy77

Not yet, Jpn got it in an update. I wasted 500,000 coins once forgetting I had already cleared the dungeon for the stone.

A month or two back I started taking notes on my phone when I started getting serious about Jewels. I kept forgetting what teams I used to clear certain dungeons and forgot which coin dungeons I bought. Keeping a running list helps avoid this until we get a proper update.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Extreme King Metal ? Thats cool, haven tried this one yet...well of course not since i didnt have enough stamina before. Is the Extreme King Metal Dragon at the end a guaranteed drop ?
KoG is always useful.

I can safely farm KoG with double Ronia team, but the stalling for Hera's skill is annoying.

Thanks for the Link, seems like i really should get working on a optimized farming team.
Will have to give it a try with a Healer team and SQ active skill sometime in the future.

Lubu/Ronia is my safest and fastest KoG team atm. Any dark team with multiple bursts should be able to beat it consistently.

I only run it if I need to get my rank exp in range of a rank up to get extra runs of guerrilla dungeons or 2x bonuses.

LuBu/Ronia is a pair i read often about....but since i dont have either unit and wont have them anytime soon i need to look for something else stable.
Not for a while. You can probably run it nonstop (as long as you can find the allies) all the way to 150 stamina.

Would be extremely boring though.
Yup, im done ranking up for now...that was more less all i did the last days just to get to 100 stamina. Now its time to try out some dungeons and get Evo materials.

To be fair the stat increases at higher levels are not that high anyway. I only did it because this was my first major team and U&Y my first leader.

I won't max lvl other units anytime soon, as long as they are good enough. On my GZL team, only the leader is a lvl +50 unit.

I'm still so jealous of your U&Y team. Definitely start running Legendary Seaway at some point to skill up U&Y and Kushi.

My primary KotG team is a gimmicky LZL setup, but my backup team is GZL. Hearts are an issue, so you have to be very careful, though with Kushi on the team you can afford a mistake on the last two floors. GZL, Marine Rider, U&Y, Athena, Meimei is my team.

ZeroAKA

Would a AA Luci + poison team be able to tank its way through the Extreme Metal Dungeon? I have a Neptune for the last floor.

cw_sasuke

I'm still so jealous of your U&Y team. Definitely start running Legendary Seaway at some point to skill up U&Y and Kushi.

My primary KotG team is a gimmicky LZL setup, but my backup team is GZL. Hearts are an issue, so you have to be very careful, though with Kushi on the team you can afford a mistake on the last two floors. GZL, Marine Rider, U&Y, Athena, Meimei is my team.

Yeah, that definitely a future goal but wont run the dungeon anytime soon because my team doesnt feel ready yet and the Stamina costs are kinda high at this point. But once i got the basics covered skilling up Kushi and U&Y will be the next goal.

GZL is nice and its the team is used to clear KoG, well or more or less all dungeons that arent Fire only. Your GZL team is leagues above mine though - wish i had Athena. Is Marine Rider the Ult Evo ? If i can get the masks he is the No.1 unit ill spend it on.

I need to get Highlander and normally he should take Wonder Womans spot, but man that 1 round delay has saved me so often it will be weird playing without it. Just knowing that you have 2 rounds to get in mayor dmg on the boss makes a huge difference. I hit Zeus on the first round for like 3-4 million and finished the job on the 2nd round. Doesnt hurt that Wonder Woman is an Attacker and has the Skill Lock i need for the Wednesday Dungeon.

Jagernaut

Would a AA Luci + poison team be able to tank its way through the Extreme Metal Dungeon? I have a Neptune for the last floor.

The super kings on floors 2 and 4 have 5000 or 7,777 hp so using Ra/Bane/Darkseid would take them down faster than Lilith poison. You can safely charge up on floors 1 and 3, the regular kings only do 1,621 damage each.

ZeroAKA

The super kings on floors 2 and 4 have 5000 or 7,777 hp so using Ra/Bane/Darkseid would take them down faster than Lilith poison. You can safely charge up on floors 1 and 3, the regular kings only do 1,621 damage each.
I was thinking Luci/Drawn Joker/Lilith/Neptune/Ra/Luci as a safe team.

Jagernaut

I was thinking Luci/Drawn Joker/Lilith/Neptune/Ra/Luci as a safe team.

That would work fine. Charge skills, use Lilith on floor 1, Ra on 2, charge again and use Lilith on 3, Ra on 4. A maxed Abyss Neptune with no plus eggs will kill the extreme king metal dragon in 4 turns.

J0dy77

KoG will always be useful, you never stop running it. It's one of the best experience per stamina ratio and with 1.5x drop on weekends gives good feeder and + egg mobs.

Yeah, that definitely a future goal but wont run the dungeon anytime soon because my team doesnt feel ready yet and the Stamina costs are kinda high at this point. But once i got the basics covered skilling up Kushi and U&Y will be the next goal.
I did the majority of my Seaway runs with U&Y. So if you are comfortable with your orb matching and management skills, you have the team for it.

Edit: a standard Athena team should be fine for Extreme Metal right?

Jagernaut

A month or two back I started taking notes on my phone when I started getting serious about Jewels. I kept forgetting what teams I used to clear certain dungeons and forgot which coin dungeons I bought. Keeping a running list helps avoid this until we get a proper update.

I take a screenshot on my phone at the boss stage of descends and save the pictures so I won't forget my team lineup. Mostly Ronia teams for safe jewel farming.

Jagernaut

Can't decide where I want to put my + Eggs these days. I've pretty much given up on the +297 Horus team and +220 Echidna in favor of Lu Bu and Athena. 2 prong teams are just too strong right now. Sitting on 60 eggs on carbuncles trying to decide.

I have Kirin but have never really used her, she has the same issues that my Horus team would.

Here are my options

Lu Bu - +115 already
Ultimate Beelzeub
Haku - Staple on Lu Bu team and lead options
Kirin
Yamato

Thoughts?

I would finish Lu Bu and then plus Haku (I use her as a sub on multiple teams but rarely as a lead). Kirin is also a good candidate if you like her play style.

I have only started focusing on plus eggs in recent months. I have a +206 Ronia who will be my first hypermaxed card. I also need to work on my +76 ultimate DTron.

cw_sasuke

KoG will always be useful, you never stop running it. It's one of the best experience per stamina ratio and with 1.5x drop on weekends gives good feeder and + egg mobs.

Perfect, guess il need to get used to it.

I did the majority of my Seaway runs with U&Y. So if you are comfortable with your orb matching and management skills, you have the team for it.

Edit: a standard Athena team should be fine for Extreme Metal right?

Hmm sounds good...did you need or get to stall a bit ? Wouldnt wanna get to the Bosses without having Sun Quan ready. I will give it a go one i have the Awakenings for the 2nd U&Y completed...team doesnt feel complete right now.

And yeah 88 stamina is more or less my whole stamina so i better be prepared xD

Hmm sounds good...did you need or get to stall a bit ? Wouldnt wanna get to the Bosses without having Sun Quan ready. I will give it a go one i have the Awakenings for the 2nd U&Y completed...team doesnt feel complete right now.

And yeah 88 stamina is more or less my whole stamina so i better be prepared xD
Stall if you can, but you really can't afford to take more than one hit. In fact, Sun Quan probably won't ever be charged unless he's max skilled. So you might consider replacing him with Grodin if he is awoken. You shouldn't need the burst damage with all the TPA.

And to avoid any misconceptions, this team is far from foolproof. Orb troll can and will be a problem sometimes. I'd say I had about 2/3 success rate, with 90% of failures being due to lack of colors on the early rounds, and the rest due to user error.

cw_sasuke

Stall if you can, but you really can't afford to take more than one hit. In fact, Sun Quan probably won't ever be charged unless he's max skilled. So you might consider replacing him with Grodin if he is awoken. You shouldn't need the burst damage with all the TPA.

And to avoid any misconceptions, this team is far from foolproof. Orb troll can and will be a problem sometimes. I'd say I had about 2/3 success rate, with 90% of failures being due to lack of colors on the early rounds, and the rest due to user error.

Hehe good, that sounds exactly like what i expected. So Sun Quan is out for this one probably and i can take Grodin one i have his Awakenings. Cant wait for the next Tama event.

What's your LZL setup? I'm rocking LZL, DQXQ, Valk, Echidna, Shynee. And then either LZL friend or Lmeta friend.

smbu2000

Been working on levelling up my Vegeta. Got him uevo'd already and up to almost level 60. Not bad for just a few days of trying, still a ways to go though. Considering giving him the couple of badpy's I have as his only skill up is in the DB collab. and it's tough to get. I pulled my Vegeta on the last day of the collab. so I didn't get a chance to try for any skill ups.

Start of the new JP Godfest:
Secondary account: Nephthys, Apocalypse, and Thumbelina

Main account: Apocalypse, Light Dragon Knight, Shaitan and Hathor

Surprised to pull Apocalypse on both of my accounts. Now I just need to see what I can do with him. His active skill seems pretty good (all drops to light, dark and hearts starting at 16 turns). Not sure if I'd use him as a leader though.

Nephthys doesn't seem that bad with an easy to activate leader skill (3 colors/or heart for 3x damage). I'd probably use her more as a sub though since she doesn't have any TPAs or anything. Active skill is a bit slow though starting at 17 turns (dark damage 1.5x for 1 turn and dark drop enhance)

Hathor could be useful if I can make a team for her. Light cards HP and RCV 1.35x, 5 colors or hearts for 4.5x damage. I'm thinking something like LKali (fire), LMeta (water), Valk or Athena (wood), and L/D Yomi or Vegeta (dark). That would give me every color while still focusing mainly on Light damage and everyone receiving the light card bonus.

cw_sasuke: congrats on the KoG clear!

J0dy77

I would finish Lu Bu and then plus Haku (I use her as a sub on multiple teams but rarely as a lead). Kirin is also a good candidate if you like her play style.

I have only started focusing on plus eggs in recent months. I have a +206 Ronia who will be my first hypermaxed card. I also need to work on my +76 ultimate DTron.

Thanks for the input. I ended up putting +70 eggs on Ultimate Beelzebub. I'm trying to spread the eggs as much as possible in case I move away from one team like I did with Horus. Part of my thinking was that if I ever want to give up on my Lu Bu/Ronia team I can feed away Beelzebub and farm a new one if I really wanted to. Where as REM only guys like Haku and Horus I can't easily obtain again. He also fits into a Durga team I'm keeping in mind that could be really strong.

As a side project I'm going to Max a second Echidna and feed my +220 version to Haku or even Athena.

Tobe

im so close!!!
T9EHVuR.png

What's your LZL setup? I'm rocking LZL, DQXQ, Valk, Echidna, Shynee. And then either LZL friend or Lmeta friend.
That's the same team I use. 100% success rate unless I lose focus and forget to activate Shynee (which has happened more often than I care to admit).

I'm working on skilling up two Echidnas for a team to farm Fagan. The same as my KotG team but with the second Echidna instead of Shynee. The HP threshold is pretty high though so the whole team basically has to be max lvl, and I'm not quite there yet.

Haha, don't even want to build the teams anymore?
It's just that like, my current teams already feel sufficient for killing most of the content in the game, and the amount of effort needed to get any new teams up to where my old ones are is pretty big. Maybe I should switch to rolling in Galas to chase my white whale Hanzo, the only monster I actually need?

Also do people find godfest videos more entertaining than just straight up text/images? The capture program doesn't work too well with my graphics card else I'd stream it.

im so close!!!
This was me a few days ago. 2x Watery Temptress gave me my final few attack eggs though.

Ult evo'd Dmeta, 297'd her, finished max skilling Byakko, and max skilled Hanzo. All in all, a productive couple of days in PAD for me. Now to wait for Pandora skillups to return...

Tobe

This was me a few days ago. 2x Watery Temptress gave me my final few attack eggs though.

Ult evo'd Dmeta, 297'd her, finished max skilling Byakko, and max skilled Hanzo. All in all, a productive couple of days in PAD for me. Now to wait for Pandora skillups to return...

i need to max skill haku too, hanzo already max skill and max leveled. haku still at 82.

im looking at a dmeta team of, haku, hanzo, b.valk but i dont know who to put on the last spot. any suggestions?

Jagernaut

i need to max skill haku too, hanzo already max skill and max leveled. haku still at 82.

im looking at a dmeta team of, haku, hanzo, b.valk but i dont know who to put on the last spot. any suggestions?

Did you mean dark ultimate Valkyrie? IMO the best choices for the last slot are Persephone, Pandora, or Durga. I have Durga and she is great for reducing your health when you need it and also a 2x god boost.

Haku and Hanzo are permanent team members. I also use Ronia, Ares, or a second Hanzo since I don't have Persephone, Pandora or dark Valkyrie.

Pandora would make that an ideal team. Gives you the option to make hearts if you want to heal before a preemptive attack or combo with DValk's heartbreak for another burst option. Persephone also works for another way to burst. Durga/Satan are useful if you're afraid of skyheals. Loki can work as a stat/awakening stick (the active is probably overkill). Vritra is an interesting unorthodox option too.

ZeroAKA

All I need is one more Red Dragon Fruit to busty Ronia...

Nope, 3 Devilits. =(
I've gotten 4 agelit from the pem, wanna trade

I have no use for them maybe I'll just uevo my Lilith. Or should I save them for anything?

I see Athena requires one so I'll save one for her.
I've literally evolved every monster in my box that needs a Devilit and still have 8 of them left. Meanwhile, I've only gotten 6 Mythlits total in my entire PAD career, including PAL pulls.

J0dy77

I've literally evolved every monster in my box that needs a Devilit and still have 8 of them left. Meanwhile, I've only gotten 6 Mythlits total in my entire PAD career, including PAL pulls.

I have the same awful luck with Angelits. Swimming in devils.

colinp

Banned
Aaaaaaah, I need a devilit soooooo bad!!! Hate how you guys are swimming in them. Come on PAL, just one more please please please!

jiggle

Just Saw the extreme Hera rush vid with 100% dark resist
WANT!

Not sure if my 6 stars scrub team can handle farming Padz collab though :(

linsivvi

Just Saw the extreme Hera rush vid with 100% dark resist
WANT!

Not sure if my 6 stars scrub team can handle farming Padz collab though :(

It will be a long term project for me, but being able to avoid all damage of a color should be useful in certain situations.

CmdBash

how do I get around to installing this on my australian android device? I installed the apk but it just kicks me out right when I start it on my nexus 5.

Top Bottom