• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Ouch, that's some bad luck!
Got me 2 Blue Orbs in a single pull today, thus Hera-Is Ulti became possible!
I also got 3 Red Orbs last event!

very jealous, I had to fight for every single blue orb for Hera-is ulti, and I don't think I have ever pulled a green or Light orb. Darks I have gotten lucky with, and I did pull a red once.

Not sure really, I haven't actually used my Ulti Hera-Ur nor Ulti Athena either!

Ulti Hera-Ur can be useful, Red-focused Ronia team she is awesome helps me get the mini-grav and enhance on first Ronia usage, and then Shiva and second ronia if 1 wasn't quite enough... that may be kind of luxury, but she would be the first enhance I would use regardless, mini-grav helps a lot when you are dealing with 4mil hp

NOTE: I realized that I never use my Echidna anymore. Far easier just to kill them immediately

I made a huge mistake changing my Lilith from DD to DL. Now when I'm stalling on round one of Twinlits, every time DL Batman resists a flash bind, the ones on Lilith just continue to build. I'm gonna have to come up with a different team since I want to skill up DKali.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I should start working on Hades, but that damn Gaia is the worst descended to pick >_<

Just looking at this dungeon...i dont think i will ever be ready for something like that :eek:

I did a 10-pull on the PAL Machine today and got both sacred masks.

Damn....congrats man !!!
That was my goal as well to Ult Evo Marine Rider...maybe next time :-D

cw_sasuke

The thing is though, I already had a set. >.>

I have a U&Y already ult-evo'd, and another one still un-evo'd

Niiice....
I dont know how your U&Y team looks...but i Ult evolved both of my U&Y and living the TPA dream right now xD

But if you dont need the 2nd evo just keep the Masks for now....you will need them soon anyway xD

smbu2000

On my secondary account, picked up a red orb from the special dungeon and another when I ran Satan(already had 1), so I was able to make my Disco Hera Ur, yay. She'll be great on my Ronia team.

I made a huge mistake changing my Lilith from DD to DL. Now when I'm stalling on round one of Twinlits, every time DL Batman resists a flash bind, the ones on Lilith just continue to build. I'm gonna have to come up with a different team since I want to skill up DKali.
Why is that? DD Lilith doesn't have any bind resist or anything. DD is the same as DL.

On my secondary account, I use DL Lilith on my DMeta team, but I just skip over the first floor, heh.
On my main one I use LL Ra on my LMeta team when stalling on floor 1. He only has 1 bind resist awakening though.

Why is that? DD Lilith doesn't have any bind resist or anything. DD is the same as DL.

On my secondary account, I use DL Lilith on my DMeta team, but I just skip over the first floor, heh.
On my main one I use LL Ra on my LMeta team when stalling on floor 1. He only has 1 bind resist awakening though.
But when they bind light and Batman resists (he only has one bind resist), they typically do it again. So DL Lilith takes both binds, on top of any dark binds that have been used. Twice today I was unable to stall out the 6 or 7 extra binds she had.

ccbfan

I should start working on Hades, but that damn Gaia is the worst descended to pick >_<

Gaias actually a really easy descend.

The problem is getting the right partners.

A

Unevolved Guan Yinping
Enchilada (5 star)
Enchilada (5 star)
Gigas (4 Star)
Another Enchilada or Fire Attack Ogre to take care of high def trees

Unevolved Guan Yinping

If you have 3 max skilled Enchiladas you can actually turn every enemy into a 4+ counter enemy. As long as you have enough hp its easy win with the RCV.

Good luck finding an Unevolved Guan Yinping partner though.

scottnak

Dang... forgot about the skill change on the devilit, got screwed in a dungeon assuming it would power up my Dark and Light orbs T^T

razterik

Aren't these materials extremely easy to get?

Cost =/= difficulty? If you can run Lolnia's dungeon, I'm sure you can clear all the number dragon dungeons and get their evolution material. The point is that after you spend all of that stamina, you only get a tiny stat boost, a single skill boost, and a bunch of mostly useless enhance orb awakenings. It's a big stamina sink unless you have nothing better to do.

Niiice....
I dont know how your U&Y team looks...but i Ult evolved both of my U&Y and living the TPA dream right now xD

But if you dont need the 2nd evo just keep the Masks for now....you will need them soon anyway xD

I don't even have a proper U&Y team lol. Still trying to work him in. I don't really have a go-to-team I focusing on, because I'm just having fun building up units.

I'd probably have a decent U&Y team if I looked harder haha

Gaias actually a really easy descend.

The problem is getting the right partners.

A

Unevolved Guan Yinping
Enchilada (5 star)
Enchilada (5 star)
Gigas (4 Star)
Another Enchilada or Fire Attack Ogre to take care of high def trees

Unevolved Guan Yinping

If you have 3 max skilled Enchiladas you can actually turn every enemy into a 4+ counter enemy. As long as you have enough hp its easy win with the RCV.

Good luck finding an Unevolved Guan Yinping partner though.
I wouldn't exactly say that's an easy team to build... well more time consuming than anything. I kept a max level unevolved Guan Yiping because of her potential viability for the dungeon though, I think other people have started to do the same.

zoku88

Man, I tried the mythical spirits today and got my butt kicked. I apparently suck with light meta. Would be easier with the ultimate evolved version, but that's why I was running this... I probably would have lost regardless. Need more practice with this team.

Maid

Banned
I refuse to believe Jewels exist in the PAL machine. You guys are all messing with me.
;_;

Don't worry, I'm with you. I burn through my PAL points, and whenever I see a gold egg, it's dub-something or a mask.

Finally, these 2!

tumblr_nims2lI3wi1srgzyyo1_540.jpg

Still debating should I uevo her or not, since I occasionally use her for my Kirin team, and the thought of raising another Hera Is doesn't sit well with my schedule.

tr4656

Still debating should I uevo her or not, since I occasionally use her for my Kirin team, and the thought of raising another Hera Is doesn't sit well with my schedule.

Honestly, I wouldn't do it. The active change isn't even better for Kirin.

jay23

So how hard will it be to get all those subs for the new Sonia
edit: seems like the descend is what I should be worried about. getting her will be my official goal in this game.

have you guys came up with a dream team for her yet?

I wanna see some suggestions, I know dragon teams aren't usually that great but she should help them a lot.

tr4656

So how hard will it be to get all those subs for the new Sonia? getting her will be my official goal in this game.

And have you guys came up with a dream team for her yet?

I wanna see some suggestions, I know dragon teams aren't usually that great but she should help them a lot.

It'll be pretty hard even if you have hit end game. Threedia and Defoud are pretty annoying even with good teams and you have to evo everything. You need around 4 million exp to level the mats and get a bunch of evo material for the dragons. The new Extreme Dragon Rush should help with trying to get the evo material though.

Still thinking about ideal team personally. DKali/DKali/Orochi/some green wouldn't be bad.

cw_sasuke

Man, I tried the mythical spirits today and got my butt kicked. I apparently suck with light meta. Would be easier with the ultimate evolved version, but that's why I was running this... I probably would have lost regardless. Need more practice with this team.
How far did you come? I guess that's not something you can run with your GZL or U&Y teams right now?

Tobe

thing about lits mythical is stalling for skill, getting a good board on first turn. friday dungeon mythical is probably the easiest.
1f sweep it
2f stall the turns you can then poison
3f delay kill the lits, stall on tama,
4f sweep.

I could really use a Yomi for my Bastet team. I'm one awakening away from 100% skill bind resist. Hera-Beorc would have been a breeze if I could replace my DKali with Yomi. I have a few other options but they all involve losing DKali's stats and time extends.

Edit: I forgot about Lilith's added awakening! Now my team is a little low on HP but completely skill bind resistant, and I only lose one time extend. Hopefully it's worth it.

tr4656

I could really use a Yomi for my Bastet team. I'm one awakening away from 100% skill bind resist. Hera-Beorc would have been a breeze if I could replace my DKali with Yomi. I have a few other options but they all involve DKali's stats and time extends.

Edit: I forgot about Lilith's added awakening! Now my team is a little low on HP but completely skill bind resistant, and I only lose one time extend. Hopefully it's worth it.

What is the point of Yomi there? For the skill bind resist only?

seady

What are you guys going to use ultimate Hera-Is for? I haven't tried to make one, doubt I would use her as a leader. I'm working on making Awoken Neptune and D/L Fagan, I need jewels and a ton of Tamadras.

I saw some videos of D/L Fagan destroying dungeons with double TPA subs (Drake and Arthur) and Sonias for the bosses.

Hera-Is is really useless. Worse than before she Uevo. Okay leader skill but not that many water devil type. Her active is just very so-so. Awokening Skills also mediocre.

Athena, Beelzebub and Hera-Ur make good leaders.

cw_sasuke

TAMADRA Spotted will be back tomorrow - i shall stone my way to success
LLShC.gif

No seriously, would be good to get at least enough Tamas for Odin and Athena.....everything else is extra (Wolf King and Orochi for example).

zoku88

thing about lits mythical is stalling for skill, getting a good board on first turn. friday dungeon mythical is probably the easiest.
1f sweep it
2f stall the turns you can then poison
3f delay kill the lits, stall on tama,
4f sweep.
Yea I should have brought my lilith, but I never use her so she's far under leveled. Don't think I would have broke the minimum hp barrier.

cw_sasuke

Did any of you Gaffer pulled and/or got lucky with the Armored Knight Carnival ?

btw. Im looking for a farmable Dark Unit as leader...i was first thinking of trying to Satan. Than i saw Beelzebuub...am i wrong or is an amazing leader ? Especially his Ult Evo, even though getting all the evo jewels will take a long time.

Probably will get Satan first because i dont see myself being able to Ult Evo Beelzebub anytime soon...and the Satan dungeon is probably easier as well (i think). Is Satans Ult Evo worth the Evo materials ?

Are there other Dark/Devil leaders to consider ?

J0dy77

Ultimate Hera Ur is a great sub for a fire Ronia team and Ultimate Athena is really good, one if the best farmable leaders.

Beelzebub would like a word. :)

I refuse to believe Jewels exist in the PAL machine. You guys are all messing with me.
;_;

I finally got a spirit jewel out of the PAL. 2 in my first 10 pull this event, water and dark. Of course it was two I don't need but I'm not complaining.

I had all but given up on getting them through PAL and was just dumping pulls so I wouldn't hit the cap. The game really knows when you're defeated.

Hmmm! Seems I'm missing alot not having a Ronia till now!

Keep trying ZeroAKA, bad luck chain WILL break ;D

Just go for an Ultimate Beelzebub and use the endless sea of Ronia's on your friend list. I can't see a scenario where I'd take the extra RCV and active over Beelzbub 2x HP.

So how hard will it be to get all those subs for the new Sonia
edit: seems like the descend is what I should be worried about. getting her will be my official goal in this game.

have you guys came up with a dream team for her yet?

I've been trying to figure this out myself since they announced the ultimate evo mats. strong dragons seem to be lacking overall. Fagan might be a nice fit.

There aren't many great orb change dragons out there, that might be the limiting factor for her.

J0dy77

Feels good

Looking forward to her ultimate.

Well done George, very impressive.

It seems you have a preference for Kirin over everyone else as a lead. Any reason why you prefer her over the burst mobs like Ronia?

The combo leaders feel really gimped to me after moving to the mono/TP/Row teams. My biggest complaint for the multiplier teams right now is that they have much less HP and RCV and can't control their damage as well as Mono. If I want to clear one mob with a devil team, i can scale it very easily. With the multiplier teams it's all or nothing. Plus the ever looming board trolling is hard to overcome. I was testing out a very strong durga team on KoG and didn't see a red orb drop for three turns. Just nothing you can do with a situation like that and leads to a lot of wipes.

I'm sure having everyone as +297 helps with some of my complaints.

Jagernaut

George has an amazing team there. 8 skill boosts and max skill L Kali means he can't fail to activate Kirin due to first turn orb troll. He also has 60% skill bind resist.

GOdin auto heal + high rcv team means he can stall when he has bad boards.

I'm jealous.

tr4656

It seems you have a preference for Kirin over everyone else as a lead. Any reason why you prefer her over the burst mobs like Ronia?

The combo leaders feel really gimped to me after moving to the mono/TP/Row teams. My biggest complaint for the multiplier teams right now is that they have much less HP and RCV and can't control their damage as well as Mono. If I want to clear one mob with a devil team, i can scale it very easily. With the multiplier teams it's all or nothing. Plus the ever looming board trolling is hard to overcome. I was testing out a very strong durga team on KoG and didn't see a red orb drop for three turns. Just nothing you can do with a situation like that and leads to a lot of wipes.

Kirin is a different play style. Ronia is a easy burst but it's kind of boring to play and with the right subs, you can ignore the effects of orb troll with combo leads, such as with delay, orb changers, or just having a high HP. Orb troll actually isn't that big of a problem in most situations unless you get really unlucky.

Also, Durga is the worst combo 25x lead.

tr4656

The only 25x combo leads I have are Horus and Durga. Do you rate Durga the worst because of her stats, especially her low rcv?

Not including Horus because he is not exactly the same. Durga is worse than LKali, Kirin, and UY because of the RCV and the subs aren't as good. The active doesn't help either.

hermit7

I run a uy healer 2 prong that is very effective. Need some levels on a second uy. Also have sun quan and blue Valk to round out the healer component.

I think the main issue with combo teams is having some consistency on non-compatible boards. This is mitigated by the two prong focus and still has plenty of burst for bosses.

Do the survey dungeons bought with coins have S-Rank TAMADRAs in the JPN version? If it's something that will be implemented soon, I may want to wait until then to buy them.

Also, what are the drop rates like for the master difficulty? More or less stam efficient than expert?

tr4656

Do the survey dungeons bought with coins have S-Rank TAMADRAs in the JPN version? If it's something that will be implemented soon, I may want to wait until then to buy them.

Also, what are the drop rates like for the master difficulty? More or less stam efficient than expert?

For the drop rates, I would run master. It's 15% vs 40%. I forgot if the survey dungeons have S-Rank on JP and I don't care to waste money to check.

I think for the old ones where the drop can also invade, I would go with Expert. You get way more possible invades, so I would think the overall drop rate might be better. I was pretty happy with my results from Scarlet Snake Princess expert (about 33 stamina/drop).

Top Bottom