• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Man I really need to get myself a M. Zeus...
Anyone got some tips? I have a fully hypered and maxed XM XM Gadius Uriel Uriel Team but I'm afraid of the dungeon....

Depends on how many stones/$$$ you want to throw at the problem. XM team is ok for getting through and taking hits but given there's no native heart drop so you'll be starved for actives. Also Sherospada/Hysferzen could both use delays. The other floors aren't nearly as dangerous.

The reason Sephiroth is so good here is three fold: His leader skill is much easier to trigger with no worries of hearts getting in the way, his machine killer awakenings (pretty much 3x damage through the whole dungeon), and his active serves as a spike.

With XM even with haste, unless you're almost at system level efficiency you're going to run out of actives. You need to stall for inherited delays and have a Maeda Keiji available for the lockdown. Also even with XM's impressive damage you might still need an enhance to straight up kill MZeus.

If you have the cards running the Dacho carry isn't too bad. The trick is finding someone willing to carry you (a streamer does it for $5). You need A. Ra (or possibly June Ra) and 3 delays, a 3 turn, a 2 turn, and a 1 turn with all cards awoken (for skill boosts). The last slot is utility, I hear Tengu and LKali are good choices. Leveled is nice since it adds HP but isn't explicitly required if your carry is on point.

I soloed it for 10 stones with Rukia so it's doable if you want to throw money at the problem. I'll look for where I detailed the floors

raiot

I have all the cards for a dacho carry team and i know how to do it, but my main problem is, I'm from Germany and Yuki streams when I'm in bed... I wrote him on discord, maybe we can arrange a time. Stones are precious for me, as i always have to buy a us itunes card on ebay before i can refill!

Jagernaut

Depends on how many stones/$$$ you want to throw at the problem. XM team is ok for getting through and taking hits but given there's no native heart drop so you'll be starved for actives. Also Sherospada/Hysferzen could both use delays. The other floors aren't nearly as dangerous.

The reason Sephiroth is so good here is three fold: His leader skill is much easier to trigger with no worries of hearts getting in the way, his machine killer awakenings (pretty much 3x damage through the whole dungeon), and his active serves as a spike.

With XM even with haste, unless you're almost at system level efficiency you're going to run out of actives. You need to stall for inherited delays and have a Maeda Keiji available for the lockdown. Also even with XM's impressive damage you might still need an enhance to straight up kill MZeus.

If you have the cards running the Dacho carry isn't too bad. The trick is finding someone willing to carry you (a streamer does it for $5). You need A. Ra (or possibly June Ra) and 3 delays, a 3 turn, a 2 turn, and a 1 turn with all cards awoken (for skill boosts). The last slot is utility, I hear Tengu and LKali are good choices. Leveled is nice since it adds HP but isn't explicitly required if your carry is on point.

I soloed it for 10 stones with Rukia so it's doable if you want to throw money at the problem. I'll look for where I detailed the floors

Which delays work best for the MZeus carry? I have:

max skilled
Awoken Orochi
Sun Quan
2 Echidna

no skillups
Wonder Woman
Batman Remote Claw
Arkham Knight

Bladelaw

Which delays work best for the MZeus carry? I have:

max skilled
Awoken Orochi
Sun Quan
2 Echidna

no skillups
Wonder Woman
Batman Remote Claw
Arkham Knight

Skill ups don't matter (except maybe Orochi) because of shared skill boosts. Echidna/Quan work for just fine. Orochi is even better if he'll be up in time (max skilled he certainly will). The number of turns is key. Okuni works for the 1 turn, Sun Quan works for the 2 turns, and Echidna works for the 3 turns. You could also just have 3 Echidnas. There's a sheet on the pad reddit explaining the carried person's role. There's a couple spots where you need to "no match" which serves as a "free" turn pass to the carry.

Here's the instructions

EDIT: Padx is speculating NA Godfest is inbound featuring Three Kingdoms and Egypt 1 pantheons. I expect a lot of folks rolling for DQXQ or Liu Bei.

EDIT: Padx is speculating NA Godfest is inbound featuring Three Kingdoms and Egypt 1 pantheons. I expect a lot of folks rolling for DQXQ or Liu Bei.

I'll be rolling if day 1 has sumire/skuld as Nut would also be nice to get. Unless day 2 has ridiculous patheon set. Like some combination of Archangels, Chinese, Heroes and Egyptians.

Need more subs for the eventual YY or Kaede teams as well as more flex options for Ryune.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Aamir Desc. tomorrow...finally took only ages. My Pandora is waiting.

Bladelaw

I'm debating rolling for DQXQ, or continue chasing the Lakechi dragon. Either would be used on Miru while ADQXQ has the benefit of being useful as a lead in her own right, and with Indra it solves one of her biggest issues as a lead.

I'm throwing this miru team out there, what do people think?
Miru (Gadius inherit), June Satsuki, Wukong, Apocalypse, Lakechi

There's some overlap in June Satsuki and Wukong but I don't see me pulling June Gadius. I'm planning on slotting Elia in the Akechi spot if the RNG gods continue to spite me.

I'm debating rolling for DQXQ, or continue chasing the Lakechi dragon. Either would be used on Miru while ADQXQ has the benefit of being useful as a lead in her own right, and with Indra it solves one of her biggest issues as a lead.

I'm throwing this miru team out there, what do people think?
Miru (Gadius inherit), June Satsuki, Wukong, Apocalypse, Lakechi

There's some overlap in June Satsuki and Wukong but I don't see me pulling June Gadius. I'm planning on slotting Elia in the Akechi spot if the RNG gods continue to spite me.

Is Miru that much better than Sumire? I see that she's unbindable, but blue has a lot of bind clear options. Honestly don't know, since I've not kept up with the heart cross meta. Cool that there's an endgame farmable lead though. I've got 2 sumires and figure I'll make a team eventually. Would Light Gadius be a top Miru sub? He might be worth a purchase if you want to go all in on Miru, especially since we're going to be rolling in MP once A. LB gets here. Chasing L. Akechi is a dangerous game.... A. DQXQ is a sweet card, and I'd roll this GF if the pantheons are good for you. But I don't know, I'll build a team for A. DQXQ and work on her getting good with her, but I just have so many team options that I'm not that excited about her at the moment. She's a hell of a sub though.

Bladelaw

Well bad choices were made. 10 more rolls and all I got out of it was another Ra. Good news is I have a full button press team for guerillas. Fuck this REM. I'm done.

Miru is more to have a solid non rainbow light team. Thoria relies on my friends list since I don't have Saria.

Either way I blew my wad on this and got very little to show for it. The only money I'll be spending on this game is from gift cards or Google survey money. I have plenty of end game ready teams so while not having DQXQ can be a problem I have enough solutions to not worry about it.

Here's my prize:
PHccU8F.jpg

b33r

I did that for Rukia and regret it never getting her. I do have enough mp for You Yu because of it I guess. But I haven't iaped since and it will be awhile until I do.

Lyrian

Half stamina Tengu is just silly.

I can tolerate not every floor dropping when Tengu only costs 15 to run. When will 9.2 and 10-egg Star Treasure get here?

PADX reporting the end of month godfest starting on Thursday. Day 1 is 3k + Egypt 2. Fun fact: GH is apparently skipping Wood gala and jumping straight to light gala again. Meh.

jay23

Awesome.

/sigh at that feeling when the only 3k gods that I am missing are Liu Bei and DQXQ.

I'm only missing liu bei :( seeing everyone working on that awesome farm team with Zeus dios makes me jelly. Feels like I'm getting left behind lol, probably won't even roll just to avoid getting my 5th sun quan.

Rixa

Can someone guide me to post where is mentioned how Liu Bei team works or tell breafly.
I got 2 Liu Beis (one is enough right?) and kinda curious to see what is needed to the team (4x ZDios?). Maybe I someday start to build one LB team.

linsivvi

Half stamina Tengu is just silly.

I can tolerate not every floor dropping when Tengu only costs 15 to run. When will 9.2 and 10-egg Star Treasure get here?

PADX reporting the end of month godfest starting on Thursday. Day 1 is 3k + Egypt 2. Fun fact: GH is apparently skipping Wood gala and jumping straight to light gala again. Meh.

Wait I thought 10x was disabled for multiplayer? Wouldn't that make it significantly better than Star Den?

b33r

I think so, I had better stamina results from mech dragons and tengu today. Star dens is faster and easily push buttoned.

Depends what you're looking for I suppose. I'm really happy that mech Dragon is often now and can be co-oped. Running that at half stam with my alt is easy plus eggs.

I did run some star thieves to burn off stamina. But being non iap for awhile, the others are better if you have the time.

ZeroAKA

Can someone guide me to post where is mentioned how Liu Bei team works or tell breafly.
I got 2 Liu Beis (one is enough right?) and kinda curious to see what is needed to the team (4x ZDios?). Maybe I someday start to build one LB team.
1 Awoken Liu Bei + 4 Zeus Dios per player in MP gives you a total of 20 skill boosts and a ridiculous number of wood rows and enhanced wood orbs. As long as each of you have Zeuses at 20, 22, 24, and 26 turn cooldowns, you'll be able to have a full wood board at 64x multiplier every turn. Of course, you can replace the Zeuses with other subs depending on the dungeon.

Bladelaw

Thank you a lot!
Yeah it's pretty mindless 99% of the time. There's a couple rogues where a clutch sub makes the difference (true damage for predras) but for pretty much any non annihilation dungeon you can run Liu Bei and 3 Dios with a flex (can also be Dios). If you do this make sure your skill boosts get Dios up by turn 1.

J0dy77

Finally starting change opinion of my XM team. I've swapped in Yamato in the last slot for the extra active and have started to manage the team actives better overall. Cleared challenge 9 with the team and should have cleared 10 on first try but had bad planning (went in blind). Should get stronger once I start to put + into Red Riding hood and Yamato or hopefully pull another Uriel.

Bladelaw

Later tonight I plan on farming Aamir heavily. I'd like to max skill him as my dark bind clear sub (better than Sleeping Beauty IIRC) since I've already ulted him and uevo'd him.

Anyone else plan on doing the same? I can run it with my alt but my alt doesn't really need Aamir, and the only decent team my alt has is dark so stalling at the blue high ninja becomes a chore.

I have almost every decent lead in the current meta (not ADQXQ) but my XM team is hypered and would be the preferred team for me.

jay23

Anyone know what dungeon is best for Baal skill ups? Looking through the list there's a lot of options. Wood & Dark Dog Dragons seems pretty good but I'm not sure if it's available for purchase.

cw_sasuke

Anyone know what dungeon is best for Baal skill ups? Looking through the list there's a lot of options. Wood & Dark Dog Dragons seems pretty good but I'm not sure if it's available for purchase.
Yeah its quite good for Baal skillups and it will be back in rotation in 2 days.

Ducarmel

Later tonight I plan on farming Aamir heavily. I'd like to max skill him as my dark bind clear sub (better than Sleeping Beauty IIRC) since I've already ulted him and uevo'd him.

Have you thought about skill inheriting a cleric skill on a unbindable dark stat stick.

I was looking at some builds for Pandora to take on Nordis and some teams either went off color and took Sakuya, Ama, L.Meta, Isis, etc as a sub or they skill inherited one of those cards on an unbindable dark sub like Anubis.

Don't get me wrong there were teams that did use Aamir, just wanted to point out skill inheritance could be an option for you.

Bladelaw

Any dungeon with a consistent High Light Ninja spawn and drop works on the "Master" difficulty with drops x2. Wood/Dark dog dragons aren't up. If it was I'd be farming Akechi skill ups instead of working.

As you noted there's lots of places that fit that description but aren't always available. I did mine during Zhao Yun in the 3 Kingdoms challenge.

jay23

Yeah its quite good for Baal skillups and it will be back in rotation in 2 days.

Shit I should have checked next coin rotation lol thanks.

I'll be farming that a lot maybe I'll get lucky with some akechi/ishida skill ups too.

Any dungeon with a consistent High Light Ninja spawn and drop works on the "Master" difficulty with drops x2. Wood/Dark dog dragons aren't up. If it was I'd be farming Akechi skill ups instead of working.

As you noted there's lots of places that fit that description but aren't always available. I did mine during Zhao Yun in the 3 Kingdoms challenge.

Thanks for the response I'll just wait 2 days for wood/dark dog dragons. I actually need a bunch of skill ups from that dungeon, 7 monsters in total. But iirc akechi skill ups are quite rare to get in there.

cw_sasuke

I'll be farming that a lot maybe I'll get lucky with some akechi/ishida skill ups too.

Same here - i still want to finish Baal and also hope for Akechi/Apocalypse skillups. Maybe we can get some coop farming going on the next couple days.

Bladelaw

Have you thought about skill inheriting a cleric skill on a unbindable dark stat stick.

I was looking at some builds for Pandora to take on Nordis and some teams either went off color and took Sakuya, Ama, L.Meta, Isis, etc as a sub or they skill inherited one of those cards on an unbindable dark sub like Anubis.

Don't get me wrong there were teams that did use Aamir, just wanted to point out skill inheritance could be an option for you.

It is, but I don't want to burn pys skilling up A. Anubis to make something like Lmeta available in a reasonable number of turns. Aamir fits the role and can inherit a more useful orb change for those times I don't need unbinding. He also covers the RCV gap I have since I don't have a second Pandora to uuevo.

Anubis does a lot of the above as well but on a longer cooldown which for bind clearing isn't something I want to risk. The team I'd use is A. Pandora, Aamir, Akechi, Zuoh, D. Valk. This gives me plenty of RCV, decent HP and solid attack and covers a large swath of dungeon mechanics.

If binding isn't a concern I can definitely use other options (DK Cecil, Awoken Persephone, D/D Haku, Lucifer).

Thanks for the response I'll just wait 2 days for wood/dark dog dragons. I actually need a bunch of skill ups from that dungeon, 7 monsters in total. But iirc akechi skill ups are quite rare to get in there.
They are and it sucks but until we get the upgraded Dark Carnival it's one of the only games in town (Takemikazuchi also being a pain in the ass)

Jagernaut

I max skilled Akechi over 2 weeks when wood/dark dog dragons were here the first time. I ran it every day with 2x drops. For my 2nd Akechi I'm waiting for the revised dark carnival, too much of a hassle otherwise.

Jagernaut

I tested ADQXQ on challenge 6 and I'm impressed. Awoken Apollo + Izanagi skills did over 70 million damage.

Edit. How is damage calculated? Awoken Apollo has the 3rd highest attack value on the team but did the least damage?

Edit 2. Forgot that A Apollo did not get the god boost, makes sense. Should have used L/W Apollo.

Bladelaw

Reaffirmed my hatred for Aamir's dungeon. If you bring a dark team you're basically submitting to wasting 5-7 turns, which in coop takes forever if you're trying to be a little efficient.

I get people don't have a great team in every color so I'll definitely run suboptimal colors since a clear is a clear either way, but sometimes I just want to burn stamina. Aamir's damage shield isn't too bad since in coop you have plenty of HP to just 1 match and move on till you can burst. The High Water Ninja's 5 turn dark absorb is super fucking annoying though. But since AALuci/A. Pandora are the current trend finding a partner using another color lead can take as long as just slogging through the dark absorb. In this specific instance lots of folks are wanting to give their new A. Pandora a spin so this problem is even worse today.

b33r

RNG rant... Was playing arena, first with Yomi Dragon and get 3 purple shieldras who I almost stalled out, but they just started taking my hearts every turn. Like literally almost a complete purple board every turn.

Went in again with Luci, and 3 purple fucking shieldras again. Pretty much same thing happened. That floors usually not even hard, even with 2 of those it's doable. But 3 twice in a row... Bullshit.

This game really pisses me off sometimes.

Reaffirmed my hatred for Aamir's dungeon. If you bring a dark team you're basically submitting to wasting 5-7 turns, which in coop takes forever if you're trying to be a little efficient.

I get people don't have a great team in every color so I'll definitely run suboptimal colors since a clear is a clear either way, but sometimes I just want to burn stamina. Aamir's damage shield isn't too bad since in coop you have plenty of HP to just 1 match and move on till you can burst. The High Water Ninja's 5 turn dark absorb is super fucking annoying though. But since AALuci/A. Pandora are the current trend finding a partner using another color lead can take as long as just slogging through the dark absorb. In this specific instance lots of folks are wanting to give their new A. Pandora a spin so this problem is even worse today.

Want to try MZeus? I kinda want to try MZeus in something other than a rogue so I can really see what kind of damage it does. I could bring a delay for the 2nd floor pre-empt and another for the final floor. Should be over kill, and we could even make fire/water/wood teams. Or we could be boring and use Thoria. I don't really have much to spend my stamina on today, so I guess it's a good way to get plus eggs.

Bladelaw

Want to try MZeus? I kinda want to try MZeus in something other than a rogue so I can really see what kind of damage it does. I could bring a delay for the 2nd floor pre-empt and another for the final floor. Should be over kill, and we could even make fire/water/wood teams. Or we could be boring and use Thoria. I don't really have much to spend my stamina on today, so I guess it's a good way to get plus eggs.

I've been consistently getting 3-4+ eggs (Minus the one for Aamir since skillups). Is Aamir immune to delay? If not then yeah Mzeus would stomp. TPA everything except Theurgia and Aamir which get rowed.

I'd been using XM whenever the opportunity presented itself and that goes quick too.

I've been consistently getting 3-4+ eggs (Minus the one for Aamir since skillups). Is Aamir immune to delay? If not then yeah Mzeus would stomp. TPA everything except Theurgia and Aamir which get rowed.

I'd been using XM whenever the opportunity presented itself and that goes quick too.

He's immune for 2 turns, which is the same time as he has his damage >500K absorb. I could go water and bring sun quan, orochi, mori, alrescha. I think it'll work, and could be relatively fast.

Bladelaw

He's immune for 2 turns, which is the same time as he has his damage >500K absorb. I could go water and bring sun quan, orochi, mori, alrescha. I think it'll work, and could be relatively fast.

lol I could go any color any flavor (TPA/Row), obviously not dark. Just let me know what you want to run. EDIT: I'm bringing blue, Scheat, I&I, Hatsume, Orochi

Just thought about how much damage a prong would do with I&I's spike. Hatsume removes dark so we don't have to worry about it. Also provides decent blind coverage.

jay23

Same here - i still want to finish Baal and also hope for Akechi/Apocalypse skillups. Maybe we can get some coop farming going on the next couple days.

Yea I'm down I need to skillup Apocalypse as well, just have to find out what team clears that dungeon the fastest.

They are and it sucks but until we get the upgraded Dark Carnival it's one of the only games in town (Takemikazuchi also being a pain in the ass)

I max skilled Akechi over 2 weeks when wood/dark dog dragons were here the first time. I ran it every day with 2x drops. For my 2nd Akechi I'm waiting for the revised dark carnival, too much of a hassle otherwise.

Looking forward to when they finally get added to dark carnival I'm hoping that gets pushed up so we don't have to wait for it so long.

Lyrian

Full NA/EU Godfest info:

Standard 3x rates, no new GFEs.

Day 1 (Thurs) is 3k + Egypt 2; Light Gala
Day 2 (Fri) is Samurai + Norse; Dark Gala

Lyrian

Wait I thought 10x was disabled for multiplayer? Wouldn't that make it significantly better than Star Den?

At 5 eggs per 25 sta (on Legend), that's equal to solo 10-egg Star Den.

Multiplayer 10-egg Star Den just blows everything out of the water, at 2.5 sta/+egg

Plus eggs were dropping as normal running multiplayer Tengu last night for me.

linsivvi

Max skilled both Ars Nova and Aamir. So good.
Yolo roll: Phact

At 5 eggs per 25 sta (on Legend), that's equal to solo 10-egg Star Den.

Multiplayer 10-egg Star Den just blows everything out of the water, at 2.5 sta/+egg

Plus eggs were dropping as normal running multiplayer Tengu last night for me.

Yeah I don't know why they said "10x chance for +Eggs does not apply to Multiplayer Dungeons." which is obviously false.

We don't have the star den update in the US server yet so it's still at 5 stamina/egg.

smbu2000

Well I pulled on the new GF and on my iPhone I got Phoenix Rider and Arcline (dupe). Both from the Light Gala going on. Not really useful, pretty sure I had Phoenix Rider before and sold it off.

Had much better luck on my iPad. Pulled twice as well and picked up Ronia (15k MP, nice!) and also Ryune. Sweet! Definitely a nice addition to my soon to be YY team. Now I have Skuld and Ryune on it. Just missing Scheat... (my main account iPhone has all 3)

I was checking right now and I didn't see any skillup mats for her listed and none listed as in the upcoming skill change as well. Are they just not available now? I remember I max skilled the Ryune on my iPhone with skill up mats before.
I guess I'll have to use piis then...

I'm still trying to save stones for the upcoming collabs. (Kenshin and FotN again) so I'm probably not going to pull again.

Spent two bars of stamina on Dark Carnival, only got 9 dogs, none of them gave Akechi any skillups qq
That's rough. I managed to get 1 or 2 skill up for every 5 that I fed mine. The same with the D/D Haku on my iPad and I max skilled her. The Pandora I fed had 0 skillups...Don't remember how many I gave her.

linsivvi

I was checking right now and I didn't see any skillup mats for her listed and none listed as in the upcoming skill change as well. Are they just not available now? I remember I max skilled the Ryune on my iPhone with skill up mats before.
I guess I'll have to use piis then..

The next biweekly dragon series will be her skill up and no more dual boss. With multiplayer is should be a piece of cake to max skill her.

Quantum

- yolo trash.

- there should be a "vacation" setting - or a message you can set when you are away for a few days
- its funny - I get players changing there name to "DONTDELETE" or "GONETILLXX"

- I've used it, but as the dependency on other players really only boils down to rare or random leads, my friends that run eclectic leads are generally safer than people who run the current meta.

- also noted from personal play - as Multiplayer picks up in frequency I see less people playing - maybe because the game has gotten very old by mobile standards - maybe because the powercreep has gotten so shitty that they have to fast track new users - but less people playing daily (a huge swatch of my hardcore friends now aren't as active - logging in like 1x per day (20-23 hours since played) versus logging/playing hourly.

- its really bad - my fondest memories of this game were the early levels and content - it was a badge of honor to slowly work through the levels - the dps checks and the new addition of mechanics where you had to think through levels. it seems the game has become more about huge hp pools and throwing every possible mechanic in every possible dungeon - needing RNG and inheritance to line up while minimizing skill needed.

- I get it - if the most skilled players can get through content without RNG inducing rage spending the game would have died long ago. I just don't like the predatory attitude that gungho has towards their biggest supporters (read spenders).

- REM has changed for the worse over time. With diminishing returns for the biggest spenders it has resorted to additional +'s, trolling gold eggs, unpublished roll rates.

enough of a rant for this morning. TLDR: 1) there should be a vacation setting 2) for me, multiplayer has changed the game for the worse. 3) game has lost most of its charm and challenge with the newer dungeons.

smbu2000

The next biweekly dragon series will be her skill up and no more dual boss. With multiplayer is should be a piece of cake to max skill her.
Thanks for the info. I hadn't checked up on what her skill up characters were since I max skilled mine awhile back. I remember it was switching between Wed. Blue masks and something else back then.
Now with all of these new GFEs I guess they had to push it out to something else. Should make it easier to max her though. I'm sure I have enough blue piis to max skill her and YY...

Top Bottom