• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Lyrian

Day 2 pulls:

--Sakuya (new) Umm... light gala ended on Day 1?
--Sherias (new) wasn't expecting a GFE, let alone a semi-useful one. Badly needs an Uevo though; those awakenings are painful to look at outside of the double killers.
--Hanzo (new) Holy carpal tunnel, batman! It's not Akechi, but its one of those mythical dark orb changers. Nearly 700 days of drought for Dark orb changers, and I go and pull Pandora and Hanzo in almost back to back godfests. Dark side has cookies.....
--Freyja (dupe) Bah, that was the roll I wanted the alt to pull. Well, keeping it for the eventual SUevo or reincarnation or whatever.
--Mori (new) Well... maybe GH is trying to pull me over to the blue side? Another desperate Uevo needed here to make this card shine.

Regardless, Day 2 well made up for Day 1 and then some. Rolled more than I wanted to, but can't argue with the results.

b33r

Don't think I'm breaking the top 1% for this JP ranking dungeon. It is apparently the most skill-intensive ranking dungeon created so far; some JP players are able to post multiple crown-worthy scores in a row. I can't puzzle hard enough to hit those consistent combo counts ;_;

I'm not fast enough at making crosses yet, but getting better. I'm at about 40% so far. It's fun though.

I'm not fast enough at making crosses yet, but getting better. I'm at about 40% so far. It's fun though.

I had a similarly low ranking for a while until I watched a video on the dungeon. Most floors fold if you stack enough prongs and combo hard; you're seldom forced to make the cross to oneshot until the Sphinx floor. Kaede->Michael->Frog turns the board into wood+hearts and you get a big damage buff which is used for the max damage score.

Bladelaw

Random Questions.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort to finish skilling up Alcyone. Can someone tell me where he is best utilized? I'm looking at him and thinking Sakuya and ADQXQ. Mzeus could use him in multi. Having played around with Sakuya I think I'd be happy if I ever rolled DQXQ. Right now she's basically the only useful non-collab light card I'm missing.

Otherwise he kind of fits a similar niche as Pollux, who I have two of. Dark-->light is nice but Elia does it better (eventually). Otherwise I think I'm going to waste a shitload of stamina tomorrow trying to skill up Akechi in the dog dragon coin dungeon. Sanada would also be nice to skill up but I seem to be perpetually short on fire tans.

Finally, what is everyone inheriting on their You Yu team? I'm using

You Yu
Scheat
Skuld
Rukia/Nut (depends on my SBR based on flex)
<flex> (Isis, Orochi)
You Yu

I use Alcyone as a discount Yomidra lead on JP, but that's because I don't have a Yomidra of my own. 5x ATK multiplier lets you lazily farm some dungeons and I sub a lot of true damage monsters so I can push button portions of some guerillas. As a sub I find the heartbreaking a liability in more difficult dungeons.

b33r

Random Questions.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort to finish skilling up Alcyone. Can someone tell me where he is best utilized? I'm looking at him and thinking Sakuya and ADQXQ. Mzeus could use him in multi. Having played around with Sakuya I think I'd be happy if I ever rolled DQXQ. Right now she's basically the only useful non-collab light card I'm missing.

Otherwise he kind of fits a similar niche as Pollux, who I have two of. Dark-->light is nice but Elia does it better (eventually). Otherwise I think I'm going to waste a shitload of stamina tomorrow trying to skill up Akechi in the dog dragon coin dungeon. Sanada would also be nice to skill up but I seem to be perpetually short on fire tans.

Finally, what is everyone inheriting on their You Yu team? I'm using

You Yu
Scheat
Skuld
Rukia/Nut (depends on my SBR based on flex)
<flex> (Isis, Orochi)
You Yu

I inherited a dupe Gabriel on mine for now. I might change it to Urd or zeta hydra later on. I have Alrescha on my JP You Yu and that is nice, breaks hearts, clears trash, and has haste.

You know a lead is strong when you can mess up royally by skyfalling into Beelzebub's floor without a board change ready and still clear the challenge 10 with ease.

WrEs6aA.jpg
n0HGoLm.jpg

Bladelaw

So I saw a solo Mech Zeus clear with You Yu. The team was
You Yu (Sun Quan)
Andromeda
Nut (Sakuya)
Orochi (3 SDR)
Skuld
You Yu (Anything, just need ghetto SDR)

- F1 stall for 2 turns, set up and kill
- F2: use skuld or andro (board must have at least 6 or 7 light orbs to ensure full heal)
- F3: tank hit (must have hp latents and/or resist latents on some stuff), kill on last turn
- F4: stall one turn then kill
- F5: use skuld or andro depending on what you earlier used, kill
- F6: use sakuya inherit, tank skill delay if you don't have enough water, otherwise kill asap
- F7: use sq (if not up, use orochi, must have sdrs on orochi and YY), take up all the turns to stall
- F8: kill asap, use a skill if you must
- F9: orochi or sq, save water, clear locked orbs and jammers, kill when you have enough(andro if you are unlucky with skyfall)
- F10: skuld, count waters and use nut/YY, hopefully get 8 combos

So You Yu owners there's a shot you can get Mzeus on your own (not sure why you would but hey it looks like an option)

b33r

The main problem You Yu has with machine Zeus is the combo shield. It is pretty hard to get his full activation and an 8 combo. The post on Reddit that you are referring to shows the board he used and it is very nicely done. But I don't think most people are able to make such a board so easily. I know it would be hard for me.

Edit: The board he used to solve it:

http://m.imgur.com/a/SjwoM

It's a beautifully solved board, but beyond something a pleb like me would be able to do.

W-00

Played coop for the first time today. Just farming some extra plus eggs from Guan Yinping.

My partner was so much better than me it was silly. They were practically clearing the entire board every turn, and there I was lucky to make four or five combos. But hey, discount plus eggs and a free gem.

Lyrian

Woot!

This week's challenge dungeon features upgraded rewards!

Poverty servers have been upgraded from tan rewards to.... one of each color latent resists.

/sigh

That's as bad as the second NA special stream reward being a queen gold dragon.

At least there's a new ranking dungeon (Satan) to be interesting during the off-bonus period this week.

J0dy77

Finally cleared cleared challenge Floor 10. Kept wiping on Goemon because I want over the 47k threshold. Good set of challenge dungeons this time around. I think I'm finally getting the hang of the xiang mei play style as well.

W-00

Finally got my first +297: Awoken Amaterasu. I'd like to thank Kanetsugu, Guan Yinping, and all the other easy descends and coop partners who helped make this happen.

And she's just one skill level away from being hypermaxed. So I suppose I should get around to thinking about what latent awakenings to give her. Any ideas?

Finally got my first +297: Awoken Amaterasu. I'd like to thank Kanetsugu, Guan Yinping, and all the other easy descends and coop partners who helped make this happen.

And she's just one skill level away from being hypermaxed. So I suppose I should get around to thinking about what latent awakenings to give her. Any ideas?

Congrats! I don't think it matters too much. I believe I went with RCV because they have a greater impact since her RCV is high to start with.

linsivvi

Just had my worst co-op experience so far.

I was hosting God Rush Mythical Plus for the stone and someone with farmable subs and no plus joined. I thought it should be ok anyway so I started the run. The player then proceeded to clear all heal orbs right before Gaia's 99% attack, then killed Athena when hp was less than the preemative threshold of the next floor.

Ugh.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Made more progress than expected with my Dios skillups this event -
first Zeus is max skilled at 16turns, second at 17turns and my 3rd at 23turns. Not bad considering i didnt stone for it and had to finish the Challenges yesterday as well.

Ill try to farm some Bride Heras this week for Beorcs Uevo.
Just had my worst co-op experience so far.

I was hosting God Rush Mythical Plus for the stone and someone with farmable subs and no plus joined. I thought it should be ok anyway so I started the run. The player then proceeded to clear all heal orbs right before Gaia's 99% attack, then killed Athena when hp was less than the preemative threshold of the next floor.

Ugh.
Yeah that sucks...hasnt happen to me yet - just gotta hope that the other player look up a dungeon before joining.

coy

I am really enjoying the benefits of co-op as it makes +egging trivial. If only my alt was around my main's level it'd be that much more beneficial. The budding XM team on my alt already has hyper XM and now +297 Uriel. Need work on Uriel #2, Gadius, and RRH till it's complete. I also +297 a spare Liu Bei for the upcoming awakening.

My main now has 4 +297 fodders for the future.

All but 1 of the Amaterasu on my FL went full RCV as did I. The outlier has a mixed bag of ATK, HP, and RCV not sure why.

Edit: Guess I'll be buying even more space soon as my mailbox has been full for some time.

Edit 2: Will they be generous and perhaps implement separate box space for evo mats?

Bladelaw

Ran the ranking dungeon with You Yu and got 12% going in blind. Not bad. I might actually push for under 10% this time depending on how the numbers shake out.

linsivvi

A funny thing just happened.

I just checked my padherder for the next sub to get +297, then I saw that little used Liu Bei just sitting there.

Wait what? And to think I largely ignored farming Zeus Dios for the upcoming button madness.

Time to get to work!

b33r

Ran the ranking dungeon with You Yu and got 12% going in blind. Not bad. I might actually push for under 10% this time depending on how the numbers shake out.

Yeah seems easy with him. Might try for sub 10% myself. I did a slowish run, had to take two turns on a floor, and still hit 20%.

So PAD cross anime was alright. Was expecting to not like MC more but he is fine so far. The story telling, they don't spend a lot of time(if any) cramming explanations into everything about the world, people, how shit happens and whatever else. They still remind you you're watching an anime based off of pad at the end, but it's whatever since it was just a small thing at the very end.

Also
Ronia appears for a second at the end, just chillin' as well as in the ED.

jay23

Thank you co-op

You guys think they'll be another farming option for those of us without liu bei? I feel like anyone without him is about to get left behind which is really gonna suck.

Bladelaw

Thank you co-op

You guys think they'll be another farming option for those of us without liu bei? I feel like anyone without him is about to get left behind which is really gonna suck.
Goemon is still an option, mzeus will always be a favorite for those who have him. A. Pandora and the usual strong leads will still work fine. Really the Bei/dios option will only be for super speed farming. Perseus might make a workable pairing too.

A. Cao Cao is probably similar to A. LB, but it doesn't have as good a button option as Dios. Surtr or Goemon are options. I'm sure there'll be a lot of stuff it can button push through, it's just not as good yet.

W-00

Y'know, it hadn't occurred to me before, but with Ama taken care of, I have to decide what to +297 next. I was planning on Pandora because I think I have a decent team for her, but Surtr and Aamir both kick my ass and I'm lacking in red gems, so it'll be a while before I can wake her. I'll be able to wake Haku once I get Zhou Yu and evo him, but I don't think I have a good team for her (though she'd likely make a good or decent sub on two of the teams I have now). I'll be able to wake Bastet as soon as I get Sphinx leveled up enough to evo, but the only classic Bastet subs I have are Verdandi and Ceres. H. Ra has a lot of potential, but I have no Kalis. Then there's Isis, who I was working on before Ama got my attention and has over 180 +eggs on her already. Or maybe I should focus on a sub, like my X. Sakuya, who is on both my Isis and Ama teams. Thoughts?

We'll be fine, I think that there are enough of us without him that we'll just partner up with each other.

smbu2000

They changed the mail expiration date to 365 days lol
Yeah, everybody complained about it. So they re-thought it a bit and changed it from 90 days. I'd still rather have no limit, but 365 days is better than 90 days.

My current oldest unopened mail is from over 400 days ago on my iPad, a woodpy. I generally try and open them from oldest to newest with whatever I need.

Bladelaw

Post event fatigue is definitely a thing. I'm one 297 away from hypermaxing a You Yu team.

Nut is way more valuable to that team than I initially gave her credit for. The number of brainless activations she can grant with a single haste on the team is insane. It sucks when I need to swap someone out for Isis bind clears. Skuld is irreplaceable, the burst she gives plus the healing is often clutch. Rukia does what Nut does slower and with 2 SBR, but the haste makes up for a lot. Scheat does stupid amounts of damage, but so does You Yu and weirdly one of the more replaceable members of the team. Her sky fall buff is huge, but I hate relying on it. If I need Bind clearing I have to choose between Nut, Rukia, and Scheat. What's worse if I need a bind clear and a delay, I need to swap Nut and Scheat out for Isis and Orochi. Once I can inherit Sun Quan on You Yu that should be less of an issue.

What are you folks doing to patch You Yu's bind vulnerability?

EDIT: I need one more SDR to full on push button the legend predra dungeon. Is it worth burning the SDR now for more in the future?
I don't have any junk for skill inheritance.

b33r

Yeah Nut is great on You Yus team, she has become a staple on mine. I'm maxing out at just over 112k on the ranking dungeon. Max damage is obviously not a problem and I can't figure out if time or combos is the best way to go. Whenever I have a higher average combo my time is lower and vise versa. They seem to both balance each other out at around that 112k area. Maybe I just can't combo fast enough.

That's in the 8% range, so maybe it'll hold.

Bladelaw

For kicks I'm trying to figure out the "optimal" number of runs to farm SDR's. Given the estimated 5% on Master and 12.5% on Legend chances I've mathed out* a ~70% probability of a SDR invade at 9 (full stam + stone) runs for Legend and ~60% chance at 18 (full stam + stone) runs for Master. If I'm at a full stamina bar and don't mind blowing a stone while starting at max stamina the difference is 5%, and I can clear the Master version much quicker. I don't see a reason to run the Legend if I'm hunting SDR. If I'm looking for Latents sure, but I have enough stockpiled that I'm not concerned with them at the moment.

*Math:
Chance to invade = 1 - (1 - Base Chance)^ # of runs

Jagernaut

Data download today was:

Unknown_PC said:
Art for Radar Dragons, Fenrir Viz, Awoken SQ, Awoken Liu Bei, Barbarossa, Robin Hood, Yan Guifei, Nobunaga, ult Apoc, Sheraias Roots, Balboa, ult Sowilo, ult Dragon Zombie, ult Dios

I'm still working on my Dios's for Awoken Liu Bei team, 1st is at 20 turns, 2nd at 26 turns, 3rd still at 30. I'll use Avalon Drake in the last slot.

I'm mostly non-IAP so I'm taking my time with natural stamina.

Bladelaw

Data download today was:

I'm still working on my Dios's for Awoken Liu Bei team, 1st is at 20 turns, 2nd at 26 turns, 3rd still at 30. I'll use Avalon Drake in the last slot.

Well that's exciting. I'm about 6 green jewels short of making the dream come true. At least I'll be able to awaken Liu Bei.

Jagernaut

Are the gala exclusive cards rarer than Godfest exclusives? I would love to pull a Nobunaga, big upgrade in attack power from A Pandora.

Are the gala exclusive cards rarer than Godfest exclusives? I would love to pull a Nobunaga, big upgrade in attack power from A Pandora.
6* rarity is going to be tough either way and if a certain gala color doesn't overlap with godfest, would you be willing to pull outside of godfest for a miniscule chance of landing what you want?

Well that's exciting. I'm about 6 green jewels short of making the dream come true. At least I'll be able to awaken Liu Bei.

I'm a crazy person and might actually buy green jewels. Used a bunch trying to skill up A. Mei Mei, and then we haven't gotten them for a reward or invade in months. I'm fucking 5 short, but I guess I'll be able to make the MP back but I'm still not happy about it. Just puts my potential You Yu purchase that much further in the future.

I think it's about the same. It sucks because you either wait until the gala you want lands on a GF, or roll outside of one. I'd love Nobunaga, he's ridiculous. You can pair Lu Bu with him when we get Lu Bu's upgrade. I'll try that out before I roll for Nobunaga. I'd like Robin Hood as well.

Bladelaw

I think they occupy the same rarity space. How many Gala exclusives does NA have? Just the Jewel Princesses right? I did a shitload of pulling during a light Gala and dark Gala and got one of each (Facet and Sheen). I wouldn't roll for nobu but if a favorable pantheon showed up during a dark gala I might roll more than if it was a different gala.

coy

Data download today was:

I've got all my ZD to at least 24 turns which is the bare minimum I wanted to achieve. The +eggs are almost collected as well. Now I'm making sure I have all the mats to evo everyone when they drop.

Jagernaut

I accidentally entered the God Rush Mythical plus coop dungeon yesterday with my A Pandora team. I was a little nervous since I hadn't beat it yet but it went very smoothly. Coop makes everything easier if you have a decent partner.

b33r

I got a quicker ranking dungeon run in and scored a little over 115k. That puts me at about 6% which I think will hold. I'll check it towards the end of the dungeon, but I hope it holds. You Yu can clear floors 1 and 3 with just a firework, other floors you need another blue match on top.

Lyrian

I'm a crazy person and might actually buy green jewels. Used a bunch trying to skill up A. Mei Mei, and then we haven't gotten them for a reward or invade in months.

I came to the same conclusion today, myself.

Outside of that one event that practically no one did because Kanetsugu was up constantly for like 10 days with 10x +eggs, there hasn't been jewels given out in ages. PADX even states that it has been two full months since the last time the jewel gift dungeon showed up at all.

At one point, I was swimming in jewels. But now that practically every modern UEvo requires at least one (if not more) jewels, I'm starting to run on fumes on a few colors myself.

Lyrian

Day 700 today.

10 stones were nice for overspending on the last godfest to replenish my stockpile.

Even nicer today was picking up 2 SDRs on badly timed predra hour (on back to back runs on Master no less). Should have bought a lottery ticket instead, lol.

All that said, a key sub with 2 SDRs should allow for cheesing of M+ Z8 for predra farming, correct?

My inbox is filled with jewels (especially blue/dark ones, apparently). I'm glad I can finally use some of them and reduce my inbox size a little bit. Also have several green snowglobes ready for my Dios army. Only about halfway to skilling all of them and I need to start +egging Liu Bei.

PS: A.DQXQ is stupid strong offensively for how little matching skill is required. Not seeing too many reasons to run Lkali aside from nostalgia reasons now...

Bladelaw

I got a quicker ranking dungeon run in and scored a little over 115k. That puts me at about 6% which I think will hold. I'll check it towards the end of the dungeon, but I hope it holds. You Yu can clear floors 1 and 3 with just a firework, other floors you need another blue match on top.
Thanks for that. Got some lucky boards and scored 117k for 3.9%. I'm holding there. I'm not interested in pushing for a crown.

W-00

I shouldn't have done that, and I knew I shouldn't do it when I was considering it, but I did it anyways. Wasted a stone on Arrival Carnival in hopes of getting Zhou Yu to drop, and of course he didn't. I just didn't want the run to be wasted, since I had been doing so well. And then I whiffed it. Had a brainfart and activated my nuke before my gravity. And even though I had a pretty good combo, he had just a sliver of health left. Small enough that if I'd done things in the proper order, he'd've been defeated.

Desire sensor is very real.

b33r

Thanks for that. Got some lucky boards and scored 117k for 3.9%. I'm holding there. I'm not interested in pushing for a crown.

Nice! That should hold up easily I think. I'm not iaping until I get a new job, so I won't stone, but I will try a few more times on natural stamina.

Watching a few streams tonight and talking to better players, speed is more important. Basically if you can average 5+ combos and hit the damage cap, you still need to have 180+ time remaining. I probably won't get there, at about 5% now. But I'll take a few more shots at the crown. I have the team, so why not. Though it will get tighter towards the end.

As always RNG makes the difference, maybe I'll get lucky.

Top Bottom