• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Yea that's what we ended up using it's still kind of annoying having to back out of PAD all the time. There should just be a reinvite option.

I think sharing the room right after beating the dungeon works the best. If you keep refreshing, the odds that someone snipes a room is pretty small. Use discord if you have to clear space or take a break. It's not ideal, but it works pretty well. You can also change your name to something like "No snipe" or "Don't enter", which seems to work.

Did you max skill them or just to 20 turns?

I went #1 max, #2 lvl 14, #3 lvl 13. It's probably overkill depending on how many SBs are on co-op set-ups, I just didn't want to have to think about it.

Bladelaw

Seriously, I don't know that I've ever farmed that hard in this game. I'm almost done with Dios 3 (1 more skill up). Not going to bother with the 4th. I have plenty of flex options that should do fine.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You guys went in...nice heh.

I got further than expected...my first Dios is on 20 turns now which was my goal. Didnt stone all natural stamina, based coop.

I could have farmed more/stoned....but i kinda hate going all in on stuff when there is still a lot of time until the release.

Bladelaw

You guys went in...nice heh.

I got further than expected...my first Dios is on 20 turns now which was my goal. Didnt stone all natural stamina, based coop.

I could have farmed more/stoned....but i kinda hate going all in on stuff when there is still a lot of time until the release.

For me at least, this looked like the best opportunity to get in on it. I've also evo'ed all my Dios, waiting for the ult to drop. As a weird side bonus I can tell you on average how many feeds it takes to max skill a Dios at 3x skill ups. (~40-50 FYI)

cw_sasuke

For me at least, this looked like the best opportunity to get in on it. I've also evo'ed all my Dios, waiting for the ult to drop. As a weird side bonus I can tell you on average how many feeds it takes to max skill a Dios at 3x skill ups. (~40-50 FYI)

Yeah - i doubt there will be a better time to max skill him...Zeus Dios is the easiest dungeon + 3x skill up rate. If i had more time i probably would have farmed more...but as said i still have some time until his arrival.

40-50 per Dios sounds about right since i i need 35 to get mine to 20 turns.

PS. Whats you discord name ? Didnt see you in the GAF group.

Spoit

So looking at these writeups, would it be silly to roll a few times on the bride REM just for the light dIza? She seems pretty good for a silver egg, lots of OE might be helpful for ADQXQ?

cw_sasuke

Yolo pull - Izanami. Never was I more happy about a silver egg lol.

cw_sasuke

The REM was a mistake. 200 stones looking for Akechi. No Akechi was had.
I did finish my dios system though.

At least anything else useful ? I think i read that Akechis rate are more like 6* rate instead of 5*. But not getting him in 40 pulls is kinda nuts...

Bladelaw

At least anything else useful ? I think i read that Akechis rate are more like 6* rate instead of 5*. But not getting him in 40 pulls is kinda nuts...
I don't remember the breakdown but here's what I pulled:
All 4*'s (Liza system is go?)
Ra (only 1)
Bastet (Only 1)
Kano (2)
Ruka (4)

Gold egg rate just over 10%. It sucks because I wasn't chasing anything insane (Eschamali/gadius/satsuki). Ra means I have a full Ra system team if I ever unhitch one A. Ra from Valen so there's that I guess? Bastet is useless to me as I have no Kanna or other light TPA monsters plus I'm sitting on a hyper A. Bastet anyway. At least I'll have a true damage I can inherit on Panda?

I kept 1 Kano and Ruka but unless a clear purpose can be found for them they'll become MP for You Yu who at least is now within grasp. A little Z8 farming and I'll have enough.

Akechi was going to go on Miru, I even have all her mats. Keeping one of each 4* for the art, though lillith is probably going to go away (feels worse than her farmable).

smbu2000

Really? I thought he was pretty common for a gold egg. On all the videos I watched of people pulling on that REM, he dropped pretty frequently. I pulled him on my 2nd pull, although I wasn't aiming for him. I didn't pull anymore after that.

Not getting him in 40 pulls is rough. I could see that with the 8 stars, but he's only a 5 star.

Tried out the ranking dungeon with the Kaede team and... I'm totally not used to trying to make the cross as well as the green matches. I did pretty terrible on it. Probably won't try again as I'll take the stone and whatever reward I get. I don't really have any cross teams (haven't evo'd Miru who is my only one), so I don't really have too much reason to practice with it.

Bladelaw

Really? I thought he was pretty common for a gold egg. On all the videos I watched of people pulling on that REM, he dropped pretty frequently. I pulled him on my 2nd pull, although I wasn't aiming for him. I didn't pull anymore after that.

Not getting him in 40 pulls is rough. I could see that with the 8 stars, but he's only a 5 star.

Tried out the ranking dungeon with the Kaede team and... I'm totally not used to trying to make the cross as well as the green matches. I did pretty terrible on it. Probably won't try again as I'll take the stone and whatever reward I get. I don't really have any cross teams (haven't evo'd Miru who is my only one), so I don't really have too much reason to practice with it.

I watched a lot of those same videos, which is why my aim was Akechi not Eschamali. I could see missing it in 10 rolls, maybe 20 but 40 fucking rolls? He's a lynchpin in my planned Miru team.

EDIT: based on various postings it looks like the average is 275 stones (55 rolls) per Light Eschamali. How unlucky does one have to be to go more than 2/3's in that and still not get all the 5*'s?

fek

I watched a lot of those same videos, which is why my aim was Akechi not Eschamali. I could see missing it in 10 rolls, maybe 20 but 40 fucking rolls? He's a lynchpin in my planned Miru team.

EDIT: based on various postings it looks like the average is 275 stones (55 rolls) per Light Eschamali. How unlucky does one have to be to go more than 2/3's in that and still not get all the 5*'s?
The same happened to me in JP, I was just looking for Akechi but instead I got 7+ Ruka, 8+ Kano, I finally gave up when I got Satsuki before Akechi.

Bladelaw

For Miru I was thinking of the following:

Miru, Lakechi (keeping the dream alive), Wukong, Apoc, Elia.

With Bei/Dios I can farm Elia skill ups no problem. Elia combos with Apoc for a burst board. also Typhon inherit on Miru to combo with Wukong seems like a decent option.

I mean the team doesn't really need bind coverage (stall through binds with cross shield and miru actives), a shield (cross again), and easily hits 100% SBR. Haste is really the only thing I can think of that adds value and even then Elia and Apoc bring that. If I had Saria she'd be a no brainer.

It'll be nice to have a non tank light team. Just not sure what to do if Lakechi stays out of reach this event.

The same happened to me in JP, I was just looking for Akechi but instead I got 7+ Ruka, 8+ Kano, I finally gave up when I got Satsuki before Akechi.
wow... yeah I end up with Satsuki or Eschamali I'm done.

Akechi definitely has lower rates than the other 5*s, which seems like complete bs. What's the point in the star ratings if they're going to have their own separate pull rates?

I had 2 rolls on my main,
Ruka - Don't have a regular one, so I guess I might use it somewhere
Echidna

My Alt had 4 rolls
Echida
Cinderella
Lilith
Izanami

I really wanted Izanami on my main. I would have been happy with Sopdet as well. My alt will probably find some use for Izanami and Cinderella at least, since I have DQXQ and don't have great light subs for a potential A. DQXQ.

Might roll one more time on my main before the event is over. Akechi is a pipe dream. I thought maybe the REM would be kind, since I've rolled 6 regular Akechi's.

linsivvi

Finally took Awoken DQXQ for a try and wow it's so much easier to pull off insane damage with her than Kirin. Solo'ed both Volsung and Scarlet Mythical Plus without much trouble.

Finally took Awoken DQXQ for a try and wow it's so much easier to pull off insane damage with her than Kirin. Solo'ed both Volsung and Scarlet Mythical Plus without much trouble.

I'm legit terrible with A. DQXQ. Not used to the playstyle. Spent so much time playing rows like Pandora and Thoria and it's making me real bad at color match. I'm decent with Sephiroth, but that's about it.

Alt account rolled 2 golds. (Ruka and Kano). Ugh. Guess I'll roll until silver on this account.

Main account rolled once. L.Izanami. And I'm done!

Who would of thought, 1 silver better then 2 gold rolls.

Bladelaw

Here's an odd problem: I get You Yu I have to make a tough choice about friends list stuff.

Currently I have XM in slot 1, Ra Dragon in slot 2, and I usually keep A. Pandora in slot 3 (active).

I know I have friends that use all of these. Anyone here on my friends list (especially BFFs) that are planning on going You Yu? I'm sitting on a near optimal team for him (Scheat, Orochi, Sumire, Skuld, Gabriel, Nut, Rukia, Famiel, Isis, etc) so I know I could put together a wrecking crew for him. Also after this set of challenge dungeons and the stream gifts I'll have enough bubpys to hypermax him.

W-00

Rolled five times. LBastet, Cinderella, Ruka, Sopdet, and Izanami. I'm not sure what I'll do with any of them. I suppose Ruka gives me a blue option for my A. Ama team other than Sun Quan.

Lyrian

Akechi definitely has lower rates than the other 5*s, which seems like complete bs. What's the point in the star ratings if they're going to have their own separate pull rates?

I believe that this is one of the many misconceptions that players take for granted, like skill-up rates.

Players have traditionally assumed that star rating equals draw rate rarity. Anecdotal evidence seems to point to this, but is that really the case? No one except GH really knows. And to that extent, GH has been extraordinarily fierce in defending its right to **NOT** tell players rates on internal game mechanices, not even after 4+ years.

Likely, GH probably threw out any logical ties to star rarity when they threw out most of the dungeon restrictions. Seriously, can anyone be drunk or stoned enough to argue that 9* Awoken Zeus Olympios Armor is even in the same universe as 9* Ra Dragon in terms of power levels? Hell, there are trash mobs drops in collabs dropping as 5* gold eggs (looking at you, FF collab). Collab REM silvers are now sometimes more poweful than many of the 7* cards that are out there.

In reality, the only real purpose of star rarity anymore is simply to designate which overpowered collab silvers cannot be used for skill inheritance and to vaguely point out to newer players that evo'ing a card grants more stars and therefore "must" make the card more powerful.

With any real context of stars = rarity thrown out the window, GH is free and clear to alter the draw rates of cards to whatever they want, whenever they want.. This is probably one of the key reasons why GH is so defensive about not revealing draw rates, as this tactic would blow up in their face very quickly.

Bladelaw

On the topic of blowing up in faces...10 more rolls. I got Satsuki! Still no Akechi. 50 rolls for the record. Satsuki will be alright on miru but so many things change water to light (Wukong, Baal). I really want another heart generator on the team. Akechi fits the role perfectly.

So yeah I managed to pull evey 6* and the 7* but no luck on Akechi, Gadius, or Eschamali. I didn't expect the last two but fucking hell, I figured I would get Akechi before Satsuki.

With any real context of stars = rarity thrown out the window, GH is free and clear to alter the draw rates of cards to whatever they want, whenever they want.. This is probably one of the key reasons why GH is so defensive about not revealing draw rates, as this tactic would blow up in their face very quickly.
Would they even dare try this considering that Granblue/Cygames got raked over the coals for pulling this exact stunt?

MiTYH

Rolled five times

- Hera-Beorc
- Izanami
- Eschamali
- Lilith
- Sopdet

I'll be honest, not sure what to do with them. Probably shouldn't have pulled that much, but I felt strong

Rolled five times

- Hera-Beorc
- Izanami
- Eschamali
- Lilith
- Sopdet

I'll be honest, not sure what to do with them. Probably shouldn't have pulled that much, but I felt strong

Izanami and Eschamali are great. They work on a lot of light teams. I really wanted Sopdet because she's a great leader for S-Ranking dungeons, since you have a ton of time to combo and should be able to clear most boards.

MiTYH

are you kidding me?
Eschamali is lotto ticket rare.

Izanami and Eschamali are great. They work on a lot of light teams. I really wanted Sopdet because she's a great leader for S-Ranking dungeons, since you have a ton of time to combo and should be able to clear most boards.

Oh geez, that makes me feel a lot better! I'm a very casual player so I don't know much of the best units, I mainly work with a LKali team and am only eco-material away from completing my Bastet team (Ceres was a recent pull, finally got the Hera-Borac needed for the final one).

Lyrian

Would they even dare try this considering that Granblue/Cygames got raked over the coals for pulling this exact stunt?

As they say in professional sports, "It is only illegal if you get caught". How much goodwill does GH have to risk?

----------------------

Another popular phrase is "The fix is in."

Enough anecdotal evidence has been compiled today on Reddit that some disturbing trends have been identified. As a data summary dump from the statistical analysis there for those that are interested...

The high level summary:

Gold rate: 25% (1 in 4)
Silver rate: 75% ( 3 in 4)

Seems pretty normal, right?

But when the data was compiled, it was quickly noted that one gold card per rarity tier appears to be listed at a lower rate than what would be suggested by the card's star rating (as was suspected earlier on this page by others). Plus, troll golds are much heavier weighted than other golds in the draw.

The low level summary:

n ~ 2700 (at the time of this post)

Silvers: 5 silvers, at 15% each; equally weighted (75% total)

Troll Golds:

5* Kano + Ruka, 7.5% each (15% total troll gold).

** Take away the troll golds, the real gold rate is 10% (1 in 10).

But, the fun does not stop there. Although there is some room for interpretation, as the percentages become small within that 10% and fit within the margin of error currently, there is a good feel what the rates probably are to add up to the 10%.

REAL GOLDS:

5* Akechi - 3% (1 in 33)
6* Ra - 3% (1 in 33)
6* Bastet - 2% (1 in 50)
7* Satsuki - 1% (1 in 100)

*** There are two possibilities for the 8* cards, as their draw rates are extremely tiny. Both theories are listed below.

-- Theory A (less likely, but possible because of margin of error)

8* Gadius 0.5% (1 in 200)
8* Eschamali 0.5% (1 in 200)

-- Theory B (more likely scenario based upon compiled data)

8* Gadius 0.667% (1 in 150)
8* Eschamali 0.333% (1 in 300)

The collab machine is definitely a trap.

Lyrian

I almost feel bad for the person bragging on Reddit today that it took him 402 pulls to get Eschamali (that's 26 packs).

If the 1 in 300 rate is true, his result is only slightly below average luck for pulling her and could be chalked up to slightly below average RNG (not statistically significant).

W-00

Well, if that data is accurate, then I feel very lucky. I made six pulls on this machine (made one more since my previous post) and half of them were gold. And only one of them was a troll (Ruka). The other two were Bastet and Ra.

EDIT: Speaking of Ra, he's just A. Ra with the colors swapped around, right? So pretty much anything that would work for A. Ra will work for Husband Ra, right?

Bladelaw

Well, if that data is accurate, then I feel very lucky. I made six pulls on this machine (made one more since my previous post) and half of them were gold. And only one of them was a troll (Ruka). The other two were Bastet and Ra.

EDIT: Speaking of Ra, he's just A. Ra with the colors swapped around, right? So pretty much anything that would work for A. Ra will work for Husband Ra, right?

Basically. It's a little odd since his main type is fire and aside from Rkali and Horus Ace there's no main red "Lkali" board changers.

jay23

I'm loving coop for guerrilla dungeons, just finished max skilling my Rodin and also have a nice collection of tamadras thanks to the half stamina runs. All I do is post my room ID in the reddit discord channel and someone joins instantly.

b33r

Yeah co-op guerrilla dungeons are great, I've been pairing with people that have different times than me, it really helps to use natural stamina that way.

Messed around with light Bastet a bit. She's ok, about what I think of her green version. I have a bunch of light triple prongers, so at least I have a lead for them. I tried Kanna, Ariel, chibi valk, and Saria. I think I'll try apocalypse instead of Kanna since her active is pointless basically.

Edit: on a side note, Monday is particularly great for co-op. I leveled up quite a few times between other dungeons doing co-op Monday dungeon.

smbu2000

WTF at these new GFEs, max 12x multiplier after matching a heart cross
They do have the heart cross mechanic and can do a lot of damage, although their damage reduction isn't as great as Kaede/Sumire/Miru. Those others have half damage reduction (total 75% when w/friend) and the 2 new GFEs have only keigen damage reduction, which is probably 30% I'm guessing (so roughly 50% w/friend.) Still strong, but not as OP as the others. Although they do have more attack power.

CmB8Bq6WkAAMsr8.jpg
Devil/Machine type
skill: (excluding wood orbs) make 2 random hearts and jammers/poison change to wood. (pretty strong at 3 turns!)

leader skill: Attack w/3 different colors for 2.5x ATK, Attack w/4 different colors for 3x ATK. Making the heart cross reduces damage (30%?) and gives 4x ATK power. i.e. cross w/3 colors: 10x. cross w/4 colors: 12.

Devil/Balance type
skill: create 3 random dark and heart drops. 2 turn bind clear.

Leader skill. When you use a skill devil/balance types have 2x ATK power. Heart cross reduces damage (30%?) and ATK power is 6x. i.e. 12x ATK power when making a cross and using a skill.

They both look pretty good and powerful although they do take some effort for max damage. Especially the green guy, seems like it would be hard to get 4 colors while also making space for the heart cross. Dark ones skill seems much easier.

Also neither has a sub color? Kind of like the latest MP characters.

raiot

Man I really need to get myself a M. Zeus...
Anyone got some tips? I have a fully hypered and maxed XM XM Gadius Uriel Uriel Team but I'm afraid of the dungeon....

cw_sasuke

Next Coin rotation will start in 3 days and include Wood Bowl Dragon...as in Zeus Dios skillups.

Man I really need to get myself a M. Zeus...
Anyone got some tips? I have a fully hypered and maxed XM XM Gadius Uriel Uriel Team but I'm afraid of the dungeon....

I would think XM could clear it, but I haven't seen it. If you have A. Ra you can get carried for $5. Even if you have to stone it, it's worth it. You can farm rogues so easily.

Top Bottom