• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

jay23

Goemon is still an option, mzeus will always be a favorite for those who have him. A. Pandora and the usual strong leads will still work fine. Really the Bei/dios option will only be for super speed farming. Perseus might make a workable pairing too.

Super speed farming is the only thing I care about lol the whole point is to brainlessly farm these dungeons so you can rack up MP or skill up monsters that would have taken a much longer time otherwise. I hate farming so this would have been a perfect setup for me.

PS: A.DQXQ is stupid strong offensively for how little matching skill is required. Not seeing too many reasons to run Lkali aside from nostalgia reasons now...

Her damage is insane any 5-6 floor dungeon is easy mode now. Tho I sometimes struggle matching a full row plus 3 other colors, my team could use some time extend latents.

Bladelaw

The maintenance today has Arena 3 (With radar dragons), Ultimate Descend Rush, and skill rotation.

I cleaned out the rest of the Nordic challenge. Xiang Mei makes Heimdallr and Hel a complete joke with inheritance to get around Skill Delay. I really enjoy playing You Yu but until I finish getting his team up to snuff, XM is my insurance against any serious content. I need to finish 297-ing Isis and Nut.

I know I've asked a couple times but I'm still trying to figure out the best inheritance scheme for You Yu.
I'm thinking:
You Yu -->Mori Motonari
Skuld-->Urd
Nut--><Something with a crazy long cooldown for insurance>
Rukia-->A. Ra(?)
Isis-->A. Sun Quan (?)
Scheat--> Sarasvati
Orochi--> Nothing?

I'm wary of sending Orochi to Isis mostly because I can use Orochi in so many places (much like Isis). The upside is it'll make Isis even better on Ra Dragon and keep her as my one stop shop for utility, the downside is losing four prongs on a B/G monster. I'm planning on awakening Sun Quan and thinking he might be a suitable replacement for Orochi as an Inherit. Skuld will likely get Urd as skill delay insurance. Nut is tough, her skill is vital to keeping things moving and dealing damage so maybe something with a long ass cooldown as SDR insurance? I don't know what if anything I would inherit here. Rukia will likely get true damage to deal with predras. I have enough A. Ra's to kind of distribute them as needed. Scheat's skill is really strong, I'm thinking of putting Sarasvati here to maintain the skyfall buff without flooding the board. Orochi is a situational sub. If I need his skill I almost certainly won't need anything else, He'd likely get SDR latents.

Does this look reasonable? Ideally I'd like to fit a better shield than Isis on somewhere. I have a spare Indra or Susano to cover the shield spot I just don't know who would be the best recipient.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Im screwed - just realized that i need like 9 Green Jewels for my Liu Bei/Dios squad and i have 0 atm.

Damn.

I really hope the next event has Jewels rewards and Invades.

Bladelaw

Im screwed - just realized that i need like 9 Green Jewels for my Liu Bei/Dios squad and i have 0 atm.

Damn.

I really hope the next event has Jewels rewards and Invades.

I'm planning on running the rare monster guerillas as they show up today and praying. Plenty of coop partners in the discord channel for stamina efficiency. I need 6 to make it happen.

Jagernaut

I have 11 green jewels and 13 light jewels so I'm ready for Awoken Liu Bei and 3 ult Dios.

Edit. I need 3 blue Ancient Masks to ult evo You Yu and I'm getting green ones.

Bladelaw

Dailies are super trolly. Never get what you want outside of Monday/Tuesday.

I'm hoping Sumire/Kaede will get skill ups on masks someday. I can use both in that case and for Sumire I need about 20 skill ups for the system team.

fek

Dailies are super trolly. Never get what you want outside of Monday/Tuesday.

I'm hoping Sumire/Kaede will get skill ups on masks someday. I can use both in that case and for Sumire I need about 20 skill ups for the system team.
Sumire has a fixed skill up in Wadatsumi Dragon now in JP. Kaede is probably going to be next.

Okamid3n

Nothing much to spend stamina on so I went to clear the Arena again since I think I can reliably clear it now.

It's my fourth clear and it's my fourth green py.

I use every colors except green, send help.

On a better note, I play co-op with random people from my friend list when I see open rooms, I really enjoy it. I thought co-op mode would be annoying but it's actually pretty fun for me.

Bladelaw

Sumire has a fixed skill up in Wadatsumi Dragon now in JP. Kaede is probably going to be next.

Oh cool, I guess that pulls them out of the skill up rotation. I'm hoping W. Dragon isn't a pain in the ass to farm. 20 skill-ups isn't a small investment.

Ran a bar of stamina on the Rare Monster guerilla and snagged 1 green jewel. I'll take it as it's the only jewel I got out of 5 runs.

I really want You Yu. I haven't felt this left out since Yomidra was the hottest team in the game. I don't have a perfect team for him, but I've got enough to make it worthwhile.

Luckily got a green jewel to drop today. Still will probably have to buy 3 or 4 once we get LB and Dios.

Does anyone want to farm june bride sometime? I should really work on my beorc before it's over.

linsivvi

2 separate players used Goemon at the last stage of extreme king metal dragon instead of saving Ra and as a result I lost 100 stamina. Almost lost a 3rd round because the player refused to use my hypermaxed ROdin and instead used Kali to switch away all heal orbs.

How do people who have all these awoken mobs not even know how to play the simplest stage?

/rant

Decided to yolo June bride. Rolled a Sopdet on my main (who I really wanted) and L. Akechi on my alt. Realized I had a gift card so I bought some stones. Got L. Akechi within 5 rolls, my #1 target. Going to live in June bride skilling everything up.

Bladelaw

Decided to yolo June bride. Rolled a Sopdet on my main (who I really wanted) and L. Akechi on my alt. Realized I had a gift card so I bought some stones. Got L. Akechi within 5 rolls, my #1 target. Going to live in June bride skilling everything up.
I'm happy for you and I hate you.

I'm happy for you and I hate you.

I ran co-op today with a guy that had L. Eschmali on his MZeus team. That's what real jealousy looks like. I told myself I'd roll until I got something good, whether it was Ra, Satsuki, or Akechi. Wasn't the smartest move, but since there was still a few silvers that could be useful (Iza), I figured it was worth a shot. I guess I got out of that trap REM relatively unharmed, and the stuff I sold just gets me closer to my You Yu.

Jagernaut

Where are you going to use Sopdet? I rolled one myself.

Where are you going to use Sopdet? I rolled one myself.

Yeah, to s-rank dungeons. You just pair with a combo lead like anibus and you should have enough time to make a ton of combos. It might even find some other niche uses, the way H. Sopdet went on a few Yomidra teams.

Bladelaw

Alright I'm done with seasonal REMs. Another pack, still no Akechi. For those keeping track that's 300 stones (350 if we're counting alts) where I didn't pull a single Akechi.

Only notable pulls for the event (out of all the stones): Satsuki x1, Ra 2x. That's it. So that'll be it for me seasonally. I would gladly trade all three for 1 Akechi.

The good news is between the garbage I pulled today (1 kano, 1 ruka, the rest silver) I have enough MP to grab the green jewels once Super Dios and A. Liu Bei arrive. Given that I don't see me spending MP on anything else until the next wave of MP monsters is revealed I think I'm ok. Now to try to skill up Hamal and Acubens. Any chance we'll get another skill up event before this rotates out?

EDIT: apparently there's an event announcement on EU for just such a thing. Hurray! It'll give me the opportunity to finish off You Yu's team's +'s and hopefully make some good progress on Pandora's.

Alright I'm done with seasonal REMs. Another pack, still no Akechi. For those keeping track that's 300 stones (350 if we're counting alts) where I didn't pull a single Akechi.

Only notable pulls for the event (out of all the stones): Satsuki x1, Ra 2x. That's it. So that'll be it for me seasonally. I would gladly trade all three for 1 Akechi.

The good news is between the garbage I pulled today (1 kano, 1 ruka, the rest silver) I have enough MP to grab the green jewels once Super Dios and A. Liu Bei arrive. Given that I don't see me spending MP on anything else until the next wave of MP monsters is revealed I think I'm ok. Now to try to skill up Hamal and Acubens. Any chance we'll get another skill up event before this rotates out?

EDIT: apparently there's an event announcement on EU for just such a thing. Hurray! It'll give me the opportunity to finish off You Yu's team's +'s and hopefully make some good progress on Pandora's.

That's brutal. Way worse than even the terrible rates would have suggested. This was definitely the biggest trap we've gotten, since there's a bunch of unique, desirable pulls hidden behind atrocious rates. Most special REM have like one card I'd want, which means I completely avoid them.

Bladelaw

That's brutal. Way worse than even the terrible rates would have suggested. This was definitely the biggest trap we've gotten, since there's a bunch of unique, desirable pulls hidden behind atrocious rates. Most special REM have like one card I'd want, which means I completely avoid them.

See that was my thinking. Odds put Akechi at around 5% so to have a reasonable shot at getting him is 20 rolls. Well I beat the odds, sort of. It sucks because the Miru team I want to build would be so much better with him. A. Venus is basically the only other option I have for Light enhance but she doesn't make hearts. I went looking through my light box for something remotely comparable and the best miru team I can see me putting together is
Miru
Wukong
Apoc
Elia
<flex>

Elia would be Akechi flex could be Raphael (rows/panic button), A. Venus (Light Enhance), Indra (in the off chance I need a shield), June Satsuki (hazard clear), Xmas Archangel (delay), A. Ra (true damage), Baal (multiplayer). All the other good light cards I have eat hearts (L valk, Pollux, Alcyone, Apollo), or don't make hearts and might randomly remove them (Ariel, Leonis)

So they gave that ridiculous new leader skill to a 6 star collab gold... Kenshin Himura. 3x ATK for clearing each cross Fire or cross Light orbs. 2x ATK for Fire+Light combo.

I've never made crosses (waiting for Sumire's ult before I try it out), but is it difficult enough to not completely break the game?

Jagernaut

So they gave that ridiculous new leader skill to a 6 star collab gold... Kenshin Himura. 3x ATK for clearing each cross Fire or cross Light orbs. 2x ATK for Fire+Light combo.

I've never made crosses (waiting for Sumire's ult before I try it out), but is it difficult enough to not completely break the game?

With multiple crosses do you add or multiply the atk?

Bladelaw

I've been playing around with it in endless. It's real strong but without a lot of TE it's difficult to pull off the two. Vaan will be a crucial skill for Kenshin.

The trick is fitting the two crosses on the board without triggering a 6 match in the process. Tsubaki is actually a pretty good lead to test this with in endless. My trial team is tsubaki leads, Vaan, Gadius, Yamato, Kiriko subs. It's doable but not consistently and he'll be a glass howitzer. When he hits, it'll kill damn near anything. A shield seems like a requirement on his team. Gadius will serve as bind clearing.

If I was building a team for him it would be Kenshin, Valen (Yamato), Gadius, Tsubaki (Vaan), Kiriko.

Bladelaw

Multiply. You can get up to 2916x with 3 crosses, with fire and light, but that seems incredibly difficult and you'd need the perfect board. Still 324x for one of each seems possible.

On a 7x6 board it's nowhere near as bad to make 3 crosses. Additional things to consider:

2 fire crosses and a light 3 match also trigger the 324x (based on the wording). Depending on the boards you have to work with this could be vital information. A Gadius-->Yamato board will be heart heavy which makes good spacers for the crosses and also help a bit with Kenshin's glassyness. Kenshin-->Tsubaki is a guaranteed activation. He'll have decent damage control with skyfall trolling a definite possibility given his active.

4x (Fire + Light), 9x (fire or light cross), 36x (fire/light cross + light/fire match), 81x (2 fire or 2 light crosses), 324x (fire and light cross, or 2 fire/light crosses and a light/fire match).

I expect pretty much every dungeon to have a resolve enemy immune to delay from here on out.

linsivvi

Looks like the next event won't have jewel invade either. It seems like jewel invade happens once every 3rd events so it will be the next one.

Given that we are on average 2 months behind the JP server, Awoken Liu Bei won't arrive until the end of month anyway.

Bladelaw

Looks like the next event won't have jewel invade either. It seems like jewel invade happens once every 3rd events so it will be the next one.

Given that we are on average 2 months behind the JP server, Awoken Liu Bei won't arrive until the end of month anyway.

It seems like the game has one major ad one minor update each month. I'll take the time to farm up those sweet green jewels of happiness. Sitting on 21 slots of space (9 green jewels, 3 light jewels, and 9 tamadras) I'm eager to free up though. Then another 10 for Miru. It'll ne nice to have that space back.

linsivvi

It seems like the game has one major ad one minor update each month. I'll take the time to farm up those sweet green jewels of happiness. Sitting on 21 slots of space (9 green jewels, 3 light jewels, and 9 tamadras) I'm eager to free up though. Then another 10 for Miru. It'll ne nice to have that space back.

On the bright side, Zeus Dios for 10 days.

Go nuts!

linsivvi

Wait, where is Zeus Dios for 10 days? Another challenge?

There's descended challenge in this event and the next one in line is supposed to have Zeus Dios. So unless they change the order it will be there.

Edit: The challenge doesn't start until Monday so we only have 7 days.

linsivvi

Are you sure it's Descended Challenge and not Challenge Dungeons? Either way, I hope to finish 2 out 3 Dios' with Green Bowl Dragon.

Yes I am sure.

&#9632;&#9316; Customer&#8217;s Order
During this event, a new Descended Challenge series will be served as an entrée. Savor its special rewards and monster drops!

7/11 - 7/17: Descended Challenge

Notes:
*Descended Challenge awards are available only up to 7/18 (Mon), UTC-8.

It's different from the EU event, which is the regular challenge dungeon.

I also need to skill up Thanatos by about 5 levels using Black Bowl Dragon for Miru farming.

Ducarmel

So is there any point in keeping low cost silver leads like Batman, robin, etc.

Is low cost dungeon dead and never returning?

Bladelaw

So is there any point in keeping low cost silver leads like Batman, robin, etc.

Is low cost dungeon dead and never returning?

I mean they could always re-introduce the mechanic but it looks like they're breaking away from the team cost thing. The new Badge system has that +100 Team cost badge probably to help newbies overcome the starting hurdle of "can't use my shiny new starter" problem. I know that was a really annoying gap for me when I started and I almost dropped the game because of it.
----------

Is anyone up for burning a stamina bar or two running the Rare Monster Invade tonight at 11pm US East? I'm still hoping for Green Jewels and given the boosted drop rate this seems like the best non-mp method available at the moment.

I can bring solid teams for any of the following leads:
Xiang Mei
You Yu
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer
Awoken Pandora

and I can bring a competent team for almost any other popular leader. You Yu is obviously preferred since it'll go fast but I'm more interested in the stamina discount. I plan on running for at least two stamina bars (~8 runs) since I've got the rank up planned just about right. If anyone is really crazy I'd be willing to stone for most of the hour since I can use pretty much every jewel except light.

Decided to do a YOLO pull on the June REM

HfHJoRi.png

that worked out well

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Decided to do a YOLO pull on the June REM

that worked out well

Awesome pull...im more or less done with Bride Gacha after pulling Izanami and Echidna.....but seeing your result makes me wanna give it one more go. Heh.

Ducarmel

I'm surprised Shishio is a dungeon drop and not some super rare 8* REM pull in Rurouni Kenshin Collab.

I guess they could always make him a REM pull in the inevitable return.

Bladelaw

Awesome pull...im more or less done with Bride Gacha after pulling Izanami and Echidna.....but seeing your result makes me wanna give it one more go. Heh.

It's a TRAP! /ackbar

So looking at the Miru dungeon and some vids A. Liu Bei, Dios x3 and Thanatos looks to be the team to run for farming it. Assuming Bei drops before/same time as Miru I plan on running this exclusively till she's max skilled.

Anyone care to put together a complimentary team for Miru farming?
I'll have available to me:
A. Liu Bei
Thanatos (to inherit to stall through Miru's damage shield)
Uevo Avalon Drake (to create a board to break pulseneedle's combo shield)
Awoken Hades ( to inherit to break the machine dragon's resolve)
3x Dios max skilled
Enough Ra's to field a baseball team (to clear predras)

What I'm not sure of is how close to hyper everything needs to be. The team I'd like to run based on current resources is: A. Liu Bei (Thanatos), Dios, Dios, Dios (Hades), Avalon Drake, A. Liu Bei (Ra). Most floors would be Dios-->swipe with the machine dragons, wee jas, and Miru being the only potential stumbling blocks.

Wee Jas's 75% damage shield could be a problem for a non hyper maxed team.

The strat would be
F1: Dios-->Swipe
F2: Avalon Drake--> 5 combo + at least minimum ALB Activation, RNG troll definitely possible here
F3: ALB(Hades)-->Dios-->Swipe
F4: Dios-->Swipe
F5: Dios(Ra)
F6: Dios-->Swipe (Pray hypermax isn't required to deal 11 million damage)
F7: Dios-->Swipe
F8: ALB(Thanatos), Tank 3 hits, heal up from the next two (need 30k HP minimum), then Dios--> Swipe once her shield is gone

The trick is ensuring Hades is up for F3, Ra for F5, and Thanatos is up for F8.
Assuming the above strat with max skilled ALB leads that means Thanatos can be unskilled (I think). Hades needs to be skill level 4 (13 turn cooldown). Ra I think would need to be skill level 4 (7 turn cooldown).

I think I have enough Pys to do the inherit part and I plan on max skilling Thanatos during the dark bowl dragon anyway.

So summary for Miru Farming
Team A: ALB(Hades), Dios, Dios, Dios(Ra), Dios
Team B: ALB(Thanatos), Dios, Dios, Dios, Avalon Drake

With passing, the Dios with Ra can go on either team, just need to coordinate when to pass.

Top Bottom