• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

linsivvi

So summary for Miru Farming
Team A: ALB(Hades), Dios, Dios, Dios(Ra), Dios
Team B: ALB(Thanatos), Dios, Dios, Dios, Avalon Drake

With passing, the Dios with Ra can go on either team, just need to coordinate when to pass.

Basically 4 elements: Green dual board changers, gravity or counter, direct damage, light shield.

This is what I have seen people do:

Team A: Liu Bei (Thanatos), Dios, Dios, Dios, Leeza (Gravity) or GG Astaroth (both have dragon killer)
Team B: Liu Bei (Direct Damage), Dios, Dios, Dios, Green Sonia (or other board changers)

I can make team A.

I think near all hyper is necessary unfortunately.

Edit: Another thing: Don't max skill Thanatos. A typical ALB team have 18-20 skill boosts combined, so a max skilled Thanatos would override Liu Bei's default skill after a couple turns. All the click team I've seen so far only need Liu Bei in the early rounds, so Thanatos at around 15 turns should become charged when you need it against Miru, but won't override Liu Bei's skill at other dungeons.

b33r

http://m.imgur.com/2dTqz94

I keep getting better scores and the floor keeps raising... I feel like I'm chasing my tail over here.

I'm just using natural stamina after using 2 stones so far, capping off levels with 2x KoG when I can. The thirst is real though, so close.

Bladelaw

Basically 4 elements: Green dual board changers, gravity or counter, direct damage, light shield.

This is what I have seen people do:

Team A: Liu Bei (Thanatos), Dios, Dios, Dios, Leeza (Gravity) or GG Astaroth (both have dragon killer)
Team B: Liu Bei (Direct Damage), Dios, Dios, Dios, Green Sonia (or other board changers)

I can make team A.

I think near all hyper is necessary unfortunately.

Edit: Another thing: Don't max skill Thanatos. A typical ALB team have 18-20 skill boosts combined, so a max skilled Thanatos would override Liu Bei's default skill after a couple turns. All the click team I've seen so far only need Liu Bei in the early rounds, so Thanatos at around 15 turns should become charged when you need it against Miru, but won't override Liu Bei's skill at other dungeons.
Well I guess I know what I'll be doing for +'s thus event. About 230+'s per Dios short lol.

Quantum

http://m.imgur.com/2dTqz94

I keep getting better scores and the floor keeps raising... I feel like I'm chasing my tail over here.

I'm just using natural stamina after using 2 stones so far, capping off levels with 2x KoG when I can. The thirst is real though, so close.

I ran it blind with a farming team and got 96% over time I've actually moved up to 89.9% without running it a second time - yup.

Lyrian

Jagernaut

Anyone want to run some of the Norse Challenge dungeons? I've done Jord and Hel solo, looking to coop the rest. I want to try Aegir with You Yu.

Bladelaw

Trying to skill up acubens and Hamal. Hamal is being a pain in the ass 2/20 on the day with 2 skill ups left. Acubens was easy.

Is Hamal worth the effort? She's basically a more useful Persephone who I have 3 of all max skilled, when I also have eschamali and 2 Castors. I can think of better uses of my stamina otherwise. + farming for example.

Trying to skill up acubens and Hamal. Hamal is being a pain in the ass 2/20 on the day with 2 skill ups left. Acubens was easy.

Is Hamal worth the effort? She's basically a more useful Persephone who I have 3 of all max skilled, when I also have eschamali and 2 Castors. I can think of better uses of my stamina otherwise. + farming for example.

I had both, and maxed them in basically the same amount of time. I like Hamal but I've admittedly never used him. He's a decent lead, but probably not something you'd end up using. I have no clue where I'm going to use him. I've used Acubens more frequently. Probably wouldn't spend too much time on it if I were you.

Jagernaut

I don't have Eschamali or Castor so I use Hamal (1 skillup left) on Yomi Dragon and all attribute A Pandora teams. Otherwise she would be on the bench. I switched my Pandora to Awoken so she lost God type and wood sub color.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
june bride rolls

echidna
passionate ra
lilith
akechi
cinderella

bought 60 stones for june bride, with that 4.99 deal they had awhile ago this is my second purchase. For some reason I thought it was a good idea.

sopdet x2
ruka x2
cinderella x2
echidna x2
lilith x2
satsuki
izanami

well, i guess eshamali and i were never meant to be

W-00

Welp, guess I'm not meant to beat the June Bride dungeon on Happiness Plus, at least not this time around. I've come close a few times, and I thought that the pluses and levels gained from today's star dungeon and blue dragons would be enough to put my Ryune team (sadly neglected, but still my best performing team for the dungeon) over the top. But I only got that performance when partnered with A.I&I, and my only A.I&I friend has switched over to using Noah for whatever reason.

I was planning on making one last June Bride pull in celebration. Should I instead make it in resignation?

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Welp, guess I'm not meant to beat the June Bride dungeon on Happiness Plus, at least not this time around. I've come close a few times, and I thought that the pluses and levels gained from today's star dungeon and blue dragons would be enough to put my Ryune team (sadly neglected, but still my best performing team for the dungeon) over the top. But I only got that performance when partnered with A.I&I, and my only A.I&I friend has switched over to using Noah for whatever reason.

I was planning on making one last June Bride pull in celebration. Should I instead make it in resignation?

June bride is such a troll, I got around 30 Hera - beorc skillups, 3 worked. I did get to skill up L akechi and satsuki. Have 25 skill ups for Eschamali that im not sure what to do with now.

b33r

Guess no crown for me this time...another 1.4%...the blue skyfall is really annoying.

Yeah I gave up going crazy for it. I reached 1% a few days ago and knew it wouldn't hold, but it moved up faster than I thought. You really have to do about 5+ combo average, hit max damage, and get close to 190s remaining at this point. If I was iap right now I'd probably go for it since it's very rng. But not buying stones.

W-00

I thought I found an adequate substitute for A. I&I, and waited patiently for my stamina to recover enough to make one final attempt at Happiness Plus. And... and... I FORGOT TO SWITCH TO MY RYUNE TEAM! I went in with my rainbow team using a water partner! Naturally, I got stomped on.

linsivvi

Finished both challenge descend and hera rush without a hitch. Multiplayer is great when you can find the right partner.

June bride is such a troll, I got around 30 Hera - beorc skillups, 3 worked. I did get to skill up L akechi and satsuki. Have 25 skill ups for Eschamali that im not sure what to do with now.

Yeah I got trolled with Hera Beorc skillup too. Went 1/21 and gave up after that since I don't really need her max skilled anyway.

Quest system details are out. Looks like the +100 team cost badge is indeed the easiest one to get and just requires doing stuff like increasing box space or beating the lowest difficulty of all the weekday dungeons.
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/updates/9_3_1.html

List of batches:
Team cost +100
Time extended +1 second
All attack becomes multi target
RCV +25%
HP +5%
Attack +5%
Skill boost +1
Team leaders 100% unbindable (!!!)
SBR 50%

Now here's the worst part: Besides the team cost badge, all badges are disabled in multiplayer.

Bladelaw

Finished both challenge descend and hera rush without a hitch. Multiplayer is great when you can find the right partner.

Now here's the worst part: Besides the team cost badge, all badges are disabled in multiplayer.

As a "worst" that's not so bad. The lack of unbindable leaders in multi is the only really unfortunate one since multi basically gives you the rest for almost free. In that case there's enough multi friendly unbindable leads to handle that if it really looks like a problem. I know for any solo runs I'll be using that all the time unless I REALLY need that SBR.

Ducarmel

With Team leaders 100% unbindable badge I hope to see it reflected on the meta, would love to play with leads that are normally ignored because they are bindable.

edit: Didn't see that there are disabled in multi, I dont play multi that much but as it gets more popular i imagine that will change.

Those poor baddies! via:pad reddit Kenshin max damage.
https://gfycat.com/UnawareQuestionableHind

Lyrian

Yeah I got trolled with Hera Beorc skillup too. Went 1/21 and gave up after that since I don't really need her max skilled anyway.

I got trolled hard on Mori skillups. Took 31 blue dogs to get his 5 skillups (3x rates my ass). Had to break out the second phone to play multi just because this was taking up way too much stamina.

Reddit is saying that the badges are awarded to clearing tiers of challenges tied to various difficulty settings, from novice (which was the tier provided on the webpage) all the way up to annihilation difficulty. Probably, the annihilation difficulty is the one that unlocks the unbindable leaders badge, making it all but impossible for the vast majority of the player base to achieve (watch it require something like "expand box size to 2000" as an indirect way of requiring massive numbers of stones to "purchase" the feature).

Bladelaw

I got trolled hard on Mori skillups. Took 31 blue dogs to get his 5 skillups (3x rates my ass). Had to break out the second phone to play multi just because this was taking up way too much stamina.

Reddit is saying that the badges are awarded to clearing tiers of challenges tied to various difficulty settings, from novice (which was the tier provided on the webpage) all the way up to annihilation difficulty. Probably, the annihilation difficulty is the one that unlocks the unbindable leaders badge, making it all but impossible for the vast majority of the player base to achieve (watch it require something like "expand box size to 2000" as an indirect way of requiring massive numbers of stones to "purchase" the feature).

I mean yeah it's a dick move, but it also gives people who would otherwise completely skip those dungeons incentive to try and tackle it (by tackle I mean build a carry team). I'm curious if these require single player clears or if you can cheese through them with a multi carry.

ccbfan

I'm trying to decide whethers it worth make this crazy Liu Bei/Zeus Dios team for coop.

The problem is that I never play coop. Its takes a lot of time and effort to coordinate something. Do they make better way to start Coop games in the future?

coy

If we're not friends, feel free to add me:

I have a maxed out I&I that I can put up when needed.

Lyrian

I mean yeah it's a dick move, but it also gives people who would otherwise completely skip those dungeons incentive to try and tackle it (by tackle I mean build a carry team). I'm curious if these require single player clears or if you can cheese through them with a multi carry.

I'm quite okay with Annihilation tier achievements for the exact reason you mention. It is a badly needed carrot to motivate people to attempt these dungeons outside of a carry.

Likely, a player can be carried through the combat portions of the achievement tiers.

What is **not** okay is that line in the Novice tier achievements that states " Increase box size to 30". That's a horrible precedent because its creates a guideline for higher box sizes to be required for higher tier achievements. It is a cash sink and nothing more, representing the true cost of the badge. So, using the example I presented in the last post, if there is a "increase box size to 2000" achievement, then in reality the badge costs 400 stones.

We shall see in two days when the patch lands, but a tactic like this makes way too much financial sense for GH not to do this.

Quantum

I'm not really motivated to play the game via multiplayer - I have a few times, and have carried my nephew through a few dungons -

I keep seeing the word carry - it frustrates me that the main use of the multiplayer seems to be to either farm or to carry (or be carried) - it takes a lot away from the game and really gets me less excited to play.

part of the original appeal was that I could play anywhere, anytime I want - the new meta seems - to have to arrange someone else to play with.

Someone here was discussing the psychology behind the multiplayer - people are more likely to spend stones if they feel they are inconveniencing others - maybe this is why there is such a big push towards the multiplayer system - unfortunately I have been feeling left behind in the meta - I still like playing the things I enjoy but have ZERO desire to make a LB/Dios farm team only then to be dependent on someone else to play with me.

Jagernaut

I still play solo when I need to burn some stamina but can't play the dungeon straight through. But, if you can find a partner (discord is really good for this), it is so much more efficient to farm or run guerrilla dungeons in coop. It will be much better when we can repeat dungeons without making a new room.

linsivvi

I'm trying to decide whethers it worth make this crazy Liu Bei/Zeus Dios team for coop.

The problem is that I never play coop. Its takes a lot of time and effort to coordinate something. Do they make better way to start Coop games in the future?

If you want to be able to buy a MP mob every few months without spending a lot of money, then yes, it's completely worth it. You don't have to play co-op for other things. You only need to play co-op to farm mythical plus dungeons for MP points.

A future version will allow you to remain in the same room and do another run, so that makes farming much easier once you find a partner.

Edit: Actually if you only buy scarlet and run it with natural stamina, you'll have 300K MP in less than a month and won't even lose any gold.

For people at endgame/earlygame multiplayer might only mean farm/carry, but for me who doesn't have any kind of MP whalemon co-op has been invaluable for beating the newer JP myth+ difficulty descendeds.

The idea of putting in a lot of effort-stamina now to make a future dungeon trivially farmable has been part of the meta since pretty much the dawn of PAD, but so too has been players bandwagoning on the hottest new Reddit/PF strat :v Most JP players don't have a Zeus Dios farm team.

My perspective is probably a bit different since I don't do pub runs in co-op; I organize all my multiplayer stuff on a semi-public IRC channel with players who aren't gigawhales/newbies.

linsivvi

For people at endgame/earlygame multiplayer might only mean farm/carry, but for me who doesn't have any kind of MP whalemon co-op has been invaluable for beating the newer JP myth+ difficulty descendeds.

The idea of putting in a lot of effort-stamina now to make a future dungeon trivially farmable has been part of the meta since pretty much the dawn of PAD, but so too has been players bandwagoning on the hottest new Reddit/PF strat :v Most JP players don't have a Zeus Dios farm team.

My perspective is probably a bit different since I don't do pub runs in co-op; I organize all my multiplayer stuff on a semi-public IRC channel with players who aren't gigawhales/newbies.

That's very true, but the good thing is that the existing rogue dungeons are here to stay, meaning once you have a Dios/Goemon click team all the existing MP mobs will be obtainable within a reasonable time frame without spending a dime.

I fully expect Gungho to increase significantly the MP cost of the next tier they introduce.

Bladelaw

In a shock to absolutely no one, XM wrecks the current stack of challenge dungeons. Heart Skyfalls made Zera take longer than I would have wanted but other than that it was smooth sailing. I subbed in Wedchidna for Zhou Yu but otherwise I've left me team alone and it's steam rolling everything. I'm planning on farming up Dios#4 skill ups just so I'm ready for any needed team comp. After that I'm plus farming probably for the rest of the event. I'm expecting a GodFest announcement soon too. Given we just had 3k/sengoku I'm not sure what else would get me excited. I'm sitting on optimal subs for everyone but Miru (Saria, ADQXQ or Lakechi would have been perfect...) so unless Heroes 1 comes back around (could use any of them even as dupes) I'm probably skipping this one.

Okamid3n

Man, I've had two monsters skilled through the monday dungeons so far and...

I wish every skill ups were as easy to do. Monday dungeon skill ups are so good, no bullshit 1/3 chance to get what you want and you level up all the time too.

Jagernaut

I ran Monday dungeon legend a lot yesterday and the mechwarriors did not drop on most of the runs. I remember better results on previous weeks.

Bladelaw

Minor personal achievement: Cleared Z8 solo without cheesing through the combo shield. I did bring XM and burst through his 75% shield which was pretty satisfying.

I think I'm finally over choking at the end for a change.

EDIT: looks like quest details are starting to come out.
The important badges:
Unbindable leaders requires: Clear Legendary Earth, clear 35 techs, clear Alt Trilokya, clear 40 special dungeons, get 400 monster book entries, get >20% in a ranking dungeon
50% SBR: 40 techs, Alt Talos cleared, 50 specials, 500 monster books, >10% ranking dungeon

Looks like everything else is easier/smaller numbers

Bladelaw

I guess I should finally get off my ass and finish the alt techs, already have every other badge requirement fulfilled.

That's where I'm sitting as well. You Yu carried me hard to a sub 10% in the most recent ranking dungeon which otherwise would have been my most difficult accomplishment.

Ducarmel

>10% is going to be difficult for me, I literally do ranking dungeon just for the stone. If I do it more then once its because I needed a drop that happened to be in it or wanted to waste stamina.

Lyrian

Wow, GH really went light on most of the badge requirements. I am truly shocked.

I also have all of the requirements already cleared, outside of the ranking dungeon score.

Oh, and bad news everyone. JP has already confirmed that the Unbindable Leader badge is quite literal. The player leader become unbindable if the badge is equipped. The friend leader is still completely fair game for all binds. And of course, the badge does not work at all in multiplayer.

Jagernaut

I got carried through Machine Zeus last week and ultimate evolved him today. It took 22 gold keepers to make his Evo materials. I fed him a light snow globe and need another 13 million xp to max him.

Bladelaw

I got carried through Machine Zeus last week and ultimate evolved him today. It took 22 gold keepers to make his Evo materials. I fed him a light snow globe and need another 13 million xp to max him.

The good news is that for rogue dungeons you can ignore his level. Run Z8 for the super kings, rank xp, and Z8 skill ups and mZeus'll be set.

Awesome. Let me know if you ever want to grind z8 with him. It's so easy. Other rogues are easy too, but that's the one that is super simple.

Top Bottom