• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

forgrim

Well that cleared out a lot of space. Awoke Liu Bei, max skilled him, fed him +99atk, got the Dios Army readyish (still need 6 tamas for Dios 4 and XP/+eggs). Uevo'd Apocalypse. Had to burn 20k MP for Dios 4 but I can make that back in a couple nights.

I'm eager to try it out. Are the old rogues (Scarlet, Z8, Nordis) doable with minimal plussing? I feel like the flex slot could just be A. Ra's on both teams to cover the predras.

Something like
Team A: ALB, Diosx3, A. Ra
Team B: ALB, Diosx3, A. Ra

So for Z8
F1: A 16x/Row
F2: B 16x or row here?
F3: A Dios Swipe
F4: B Dios Swipe
F5: A Dios Swipe
F6: B Row/16x?
F7: A Dios Swipe
F8: B A. Ra
F9: B Dios Swipe
F10: A A. Ra
F11: A Dios swipe?

Basically popping ALB when you need a row/16x on any non-interesting floor and you're missing orbs.

Any one want to try it tonight? I'll snag the coin version since I still need the stone from it.

If you want a guinea pig partner with perseus, i can try once if it works, unless u find a better partner...i only have one maxed zeus dios and one isnt awoken but the damage is still monstrous

Jagernaut

I think most people would have A Liu Bei inherit Ra and not use Ra as a sub. Unfortunately I only have 1 Ra (that I use on other teams) and no other REM multi target true damage. I do have A Neptune for poison.

Bladelaw

If you want a guinea pig partner with perseus, i can try once if it works, unless u find a better partner...i only have one maxed zeus dios and one isnt awoken but the damage is still monstrous

I don't mind doing some science. We can at least run once to figure out if it's viable. 40x vs 64x might be a problem though to burst through Z8's shield unless we want to eat a bind.

I think most people would have A Liu Bei inherit Ra and not use Ra as a sub. Unfortunately I only have 1 Ra (that I use on other teams) and no other REM multi target true damage. I do have A Neptune for poison.
I know, but I'm looking for no inherit solutions as I'm working on getting this crew set for Myr, so beyond that, dungeon specific inherits are a no go unless I can get double duty out of them.

I'm sitting on enough Ra's to be sure but if I don't need to burn the tans I'd rather not.

forgrim

I don't mind doing some science. We can at least run once to figure out if it's viable. 40x vs 64x might be a problem though to burst through Z8's shield unless we want to eat a bind.

I know, but I'm looking for no inherit solutions as I'm working on getting this crew set for Myr, so beyond that, dungeon specific inherits are a no go unless I can get double duty out of them.

I'm sitting on enough Ra's to be sure but if I don't need to burn the tans I'd rather not.

Im forgrim#8094 on discord or forgrim in line...yeah without max plussed mobs, i do realize we might get punked by the shield at the end but im always willing to try haha

Bladelaw

Im forgrim#8094 on discord or forgrim in line...yeah without max plussed mobs, i do realize we might get punked by the shield at the end but im always willing to try haha

We can just plink him and eat the bind when he drops his shield. Depending on how turns roll we might just be able to pass-->Dios-->Swipe

forgrim

We can just plink him and eat the bind when he drops his shield. Depending on how turns roll we might just be able to pass-->Dios-->Swipe

We also might have to pray that perseus doesnt get bou nd since hes bindable and we probably wont have liubei active

Bladelaw

Ran Bei/Dios vs a few dungeons. Even underleveled and mostly unplussed it's wrecking faces. + farming is going to be swell. I wish my alt had a Liu Bei so I wasn't reliant on randoms in discord (meaning I could do it whenever, not when I'm at my PC).

Still need to run against the Rogue Dungeons to see how it fairs. Only interested in Z8 at the moment since I don't have a present use for the others.

Forgrim, you think we can hook up tomorrow to see if Perseus is strong enough?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
When it comes to Miru farming i think i will go for the AL/3xDios/Drake setup w. Zeus SI on ALB. I dont have Thanatos so ill have to rely on coop buddies.

So whats the + situation on those teams - do you have to +297 all subs ? Or is it just enough to have the+atk maxed on the Dios units ? I mean farming +eggs isnt a mayor issue anymore but obv. the less work the better.

Edit:

Still need to get the Mechdragons for Miru - if anyone is interested in cooping Mechdragons' Massive Fortress text me.

forgrim

Ran Bei/Dios vs a few dungeons. Even underleveled and mostly unplussed it's wrecking faces. + farming is going to be swell. I wish my alt had a Liu Bei so I wasn't reliant on randoms in discord (meaning I could do it whenever, not when I'm at my PC).

Still need to run against the Rogue Dungeons to see how it fairs. Only interested in Z8 at the moment since I don't have a present use for the others.

Forgrim, you think we can hook up tomorrow to see if Perseus is strong enough?

Sure im around to do some testing.

Bladelaw

When it comes to Miru farming i think i will go for the AL/3xDios/Drake setup w. Zeus SI on ALB. I dont have Thanatos so ill have to rely on coop buddies.

So whats the + situation on those teams - do you have to +297 all subs ? Or is it just enough to have the+atk maxed on the Dios units ? I mean farming +eggs isnt a mayor issue anymore but obv. the less work the better.

Edit:

Still need to get the Mechdragons for Miru - if anyone is interested in cooping Mechdragons' Massive Fortress text me.
For myth plus you need maxed attack and maybe hp, not sure about rcv but if you're that deep in might as well go all the way. Legend plus is the real mystery. I'm curious if you can make do with less. I can farm predras in plenty of places. Myr on the other hand...

jay23

These Phoenix rider skill ups seem to be quite rare have only gotten 2 drops.

Edit:

The videos in this link all have a fully plussed team vs miru.

http://lfok.me/pad/liubei (saw this posted on discord, should be really helpful for all you guys with the liu bei/dios team)

linsivvi

- Lv10…Bubpy
- Lv9....Woodpy
- Lv8...Flampy
- Lv7...Woodsie (+99 RCV)
- Lv6…Bubblie (+99 HP)
- Lv5...Snow Globe Dragon Vert Lv25
- Lv4...PreDRA
- Lv3...TAMADRA (+3 HP, +3 ATK, +3 RCV)
- Lv2...2,000 Pal Points
- Lv1…500,000 Coins

Holy shit at the level 6 and 7 rewards.

Wow! Wonder why there's no +ATK. I'm certainly not complaining though.
Probably to balance out the +ATK Flamie we got from one of the streams. We were supposed to get all three stats but the streamer lost some of the challenges. Though I think that was a +50, not +99...

My attacks eggs are ahead so I don't care so much.

linsivvi

PSA: Green jewel does invade at PADZ. PDX is wrong.

Probably to balance out the +ATK Flamie we got from one of the streams. We were supposed to get all three stats but the streamer lost some of the challenges. Though I think that was a +50, not +99...

My attacks eggs are ahead so I don't care so much.
Was it a JP stream? Coz this challenge has the exact same rewards as the JP one.

Bladelaw

If anyone is interested I'm going to be spamming Goddess Descended to hopefully resupply my green jewels. I'd rather run it with people instead of my alt since it'll go faster and I don't have to constantly clear my box. I'm going to be on discord for most of the day (unless parental duty calls).

I'm running Goddess because I'm also super short on Mystic Masks so I can run other things if people want.

Discord ID: Bladelaw#6504

If anyone is interested I'm going to be spamming Goddess Descended to hopefully resupply my green jewels. I'd rather run it with people instead of my alt since it'll go faster and I don't have to constantly clear my box. I'm going to be on discord for most of the day (unless parental duty calls).

I'm running Goddess because I'm also super short on Mystic Masks so I can run other things if people want.

Discord ID: Bladelaw#6504

I probably won't be on till this evening but I'll spam it with you. We could dios it I guess, haven't actually used that team yet since I've been away from pad a bit. I'll message you when I have an idea when I'll be available. My guess is 5 pm est.

Lyrian

PDX reporting upgraded 10 +egg Star Treasure tomorrow.

Is it bad when you start wondering if you are running out of decent cards worthy to 297?

Bladelaw

PDX reporting upgraded 10 +egg Star Treasure tomorrow.

Is it bad when you start wondering if you are running out of decent cards worthy to 297?

lol yes. I'm hoping I can get a decent time. Work hasn't been kind lately. Anyone not in group E that wants to spam run the shit out of it? I don't have the Vitra/Devilfish team for 100% button but I have MZeus, Dios, Lucifer, pandora, XM, You Yu, etc.

Was it a JP stream? Coz this challenge has the exact same rewards as the JP one.
NA stream. So if it's related to what JP got, my speculation is probably wrong lol.

lol yes. I'm hoping I can get a decent time. Work hasn't been kind lately. Anyone not in group E that wants to spam run the shit out of it? I don't have the Vitra/Devilfish team for 100% button but I have MZeus, Dios, Lucifer, pandora, XM, You Yu, etc.
Who needs a good time with coop? 😉

2.5 stamina per +egg - my A.Liu Bei is ready!

Jagernaut

I've been running Z8 coop with Machine Zeus and it's really easy when you get used to it. I need to +297 my M Zeus next. I use Raphael as a panic button if I get hit with a preemptive and have a bad board.

I haven't got Machine Hera yet. Are there any dungeons that she runs better than M Zeus? I'm wondering if she's worth getting. I know she can take a small hit and not lose her full multiplier.

I've been running Z8 coop with Machine Zeus and it's really easy when you get used to it. I need to +297 my M Zeus next. I use Raphael as a panic button if I get hit with a preemptive and have a bad board.

I haven't got Machine Hera yet. Are there any dungeons that she runs better than M Zeus? I'm wondering if she's worth getting. I know she can take a small hit and not lose her full multiplier.

A lot of people co-op arena with her. That's what I want her for.

Lyrian

Times are up for STTD, and its a very very late run. Lucky me drew the short straw and is the final run of the night, at 1 AM. Ugh....

Group E is at 11PM EDT.

Jagernaut

Ultimate Devil Rush mythical plus is a cakewalk in coop with Awoken Liu Bei and Dios subs. Got my first clear and Grisar.

I can actually max skill him over time if I find coop partners.

Bladelaw

Times are up for STTD, and its a very very late run. Lucky me drew the short straw and is the final run of the night, at 1 AM. Ugh....

Group E is at 11PM EDT.
PERFECT! So I can coop about 2.5 mins a run and if luck is on my side its 30 runs per 297. So i get 24 runs in for my timeslot then hope i can partner up with someone for another hour. If I can do this i should have the Dios squad hypered in time for Myr.
Any one in group A or D planning on farming it hard? I have no problem stoning to keep rolling.

PERFECT! So I can coop about 2.5 mins a run and if luck is on my side its 30 runs per 297. So i get 24 runs in for my timeslot then hope i can partner up with someone for another hour. If I can do this i should have the Dios squad hypered in time for Myr.
Any one in group A or D planning on farming it hard? I have no problem stoning to keep rolling.

I'm in C so I think I'm at 9 pm est. I'm willing to stone it to get a few +297s. What's the best way to speed through it, Dios? Every button team I see is just goemon and 4 rodins.

Ana Armors are super lit

Typhon is the only one I'm interested in, and I don't know if I'll make it. I love Typhon's play style and don't know how I feel about the heart cross meta. Plus I'm not sure if I can build a dark dragon team for full multiplier.

MiTYH

If anyone is interested I'm going to be spamming Goddess Descended to hopefully resupply my green jewels

I tried this yesterday, didn't even get one to appear!

I need about... 4 green jewels to get awoken some members of my soon-to-be-complete Bastet team. What's the best way to get green jewels now? Wait for it to invade another descended?

Lyrian

I tried this yesterday, didn't even get one to appear!

I need about... 4 green jewels to get awoken some members of my soon-to-be-complete Bastet team. What's the best way to get green jewels now? Wait for it to invade another descended?

Pretty much. Although according to PADX, green jewels won't cycle back around before the end of the event, sadly. That said, there are rumors that there might be a Part 2 to this event of some kind. If so, and jewel invades remain, then green jewels will invade again on Friday.

Fairly big "if", though.

Lyrian

Ana Armors are super lit

Fairly tempting to un-Awoken my ACeres for that. Double killers and a silly high RCV are nice. A shame that this evo would take away Balanced, which would make her unusable with my preferred team.

What is more interesting is the other two cards, not so much for what they do, but for the precedent they are setting with them. Both are 9* non-MP shop gods. Now granted, 36x for a 3 combo on an easily farmable card is borderline ludicrous, but the more important takeaway here is that there are 9* valks in play.

PAD Beach Party is coming soon. Valks haven't had an upgrade in quite awhile; they're due.

I'm ready for 9* Beach Claire and/or other colored Beach Valks this year. The timing and choice of LValk for a 9* upgrade is simply too convenient to ignore here. Remember, farmables get upgrades first to justify upgrades for REM/MP versions of them.

Bladelaw

I'm in C so I think I'm at 9 pm est. I'm willing to stone it to get a few +297s. What's the best way to speed through it, Dios? Every button team I see is just goemon and 4 rodins.

Typhon is the only one I'm interested in, and I don't know if I'll make it. I love Typhon's play style and don't know how I feel about the heart cross meta. Plus I'm not sure if I can build a dark dragon team for full multiplier.

The fastest way is using a Vritra/Devilfish team and nuke your way to victory, but given the teams I have available Dios spam will do. A 5 floor dungeon with time spent turn swapping takes about 2 minutes to clear then another ~30 seconds from rewards to re-entry. If I can get my oldest to bed by 9pm I'll be on, hell even if we're not done bedtime I can press buttons and swipe. I'll make sure I'm on.

My goal is get at least the ATK portion of the Dios army done tonight.

For Myr I want to be available as team A or B so I'll need to max out 4 Dios and then either Avalon Drake, Gronia, or inherit Vaan. Hades and Thanatos are all set.

linsivvi

Pretty much. Although according to PADX, green jewels won't cycle back around before the end of the event, sadly. That said, there are rumors that there might be a Part 2 to this event of some kind. If so, and jewel invades remain, then green jewels will invade again on Friday.

Fairly big "if", though.

Well it's not that big of an if. I'd be extremely disappointed if jewel invade doesn't happen in the next event.

Event schedule is on a steady biweekly routine of 10 days + 4 off days, such that there will be two Godfests a month. But there are more than 4 weeks on most months, so eventually they'll need to catch up to the calendar. This shorter event is exactly that.

jay23

After selling all the predras I had in my mailbox(was at 92k before)

5OkMkJn.jpg

Finally almost have enough for my first mp purchase.

Bladelaw

Looking at AnaXTyphon (AXT) and she could be real strong with the right subs. Sadly being stuck with only dragons makes her life a bit more difficult.

Viable dark subs I see looking at PADx NA:
Typhon,
Satsuki - primary damage dealer, clears hazards
Hel - Makes hearts, combos with Chester/Satsuki for more hearts or more dark
Chester - Makes hearts
Yomidragon - Makes almost enough hearts
D/R Haku - needs an assist to create hearts

Off color options are far more interesting but also cripple her damage. Trying to build a no dupe consistent AXT team looks real hard. Optimal subs have longish cooldowns making them a poor candidate to inherit something like Pandora or Akechi and also gum up the haste stream between AXT, Typhon, Satsuki, and YomiDra. It might do to have an off color dedicated heart maker or just suck up the HP/ATK loss with Pandora (UUevo). It'll be slower than other x-heart leads but relatively safe. It'll also suck at damage control. It's pretty much all or nothing. You can't stall without the cross shield but then you can't attack something like Parvati/Sopdet while shielding either.

Still my favorite of the Ace/Ana evos (Art).

Lyrian

Way too convenient that Monday dungeon ran today. Saved a couple stones on free stamina refills that way to run STTD.

Bladelaw

Well the Dios army is done. Now the question is who fills in the last slot for Myr? I have astaroth, Avalon Drake, gronia, beorc, and another Dios as options.

Edit: After a little research it looks like G/G Astaroth with Hades inherit is the right move. She has dragon killer like Leeza, a relatively short cool down, and brings 2 SBs to Leeza's one. Just need to skill up Astaroth when the biweekly for her pops up.

Team B is easy and I'm all set there. All that's left is to coordinate with someone to decide if I put Thanatos or A. Ra on my Liu Bei.

J0dy77

Almost done with my xiang mei team, trying to decide what to focus on next, Pandora or Lucifer? Which would you go with and what subs would you use?

L3BROUZ.jpg

Bladelaw

What do you plan on doing with the team? Lucifer's a better bet for Arena, Pandora is much faster in most content. Do you have an unbindable bind clear available to sub in or at least an unbindable you can inherit a bind clear on for either?

Also why not use Awoken Persephone on Lucifer? Her active is strictly better and her attack is also at the cost of a couple hundred HP. You lose 2 rows but kind of make up for it with OE since you're already at 10 rows (3 on each Lucifer, 3 on A. Panda, and 1 on Akechi).

You already have tanky covered by Xiang Mei so if you want to play something faster I'd load up Pandora, if you want stable dark rows I'd go with Lucifer. Either way I'd look into a bind clearing solution (Aamir, Sleeping beauty, Yomidra, Nobunaga, inherits)

Jagernaut

I would go with A Pandora, except for the few cases where Lucifer's god killer awakening makes a difference. A Pandora is my most used team, can handle almost anything from quick farming to most descends.

For Myr legend plus farming with A Liu Bei/Dios army are plus eggs needed? Only ALB is hypermaxed. The Dios's only have some plusses from skilling them up.

Bladelaw

I would go with A Pandora, except for the few cases where Lucifer's god killer awakening makes a difference. A Pandora is my most used team, can handle almost anything from quick farming to most descends.

For Myr legend plus farming with A Liu Bei/Dios army are plus eggs needed? Only ALB is hypermaxed. The Dios's only have some plusses from skilling them up.

I've been investigating this heavily. Without plus eggs and due to the nature of Rogue dungeons Dios wont be leveled enough by the time you hit Wee Jas to overcome his 75% damage shield. The other problem is the team won't be leveled enough to survive Myr's hits until you can pop Thanatos (unless both ALB's are packing inherited Thanatos).

There's a break even point somewhere between no plusses and Hypermax that works but I haven't figured it out yet. It's on the lower side though. Hypermaxed Dios does ~3.5 million by the time you reach Wee Jas using the template team and with no extra combos from skyfall. Same on Myr's first and second form. The key is having enough HP/RCV to survive two hits until Thanatos is up and her damage shield is gone.

The damage targets are ~23 million for Wee Jas and 14 million for Myr second form. If at Dios level 32-34 you can hit those targets in multi you're good to go. ALB will be max level by the time you get to Wee Jas so no worries there.

The real question is do both teams need to be hypermaxed. I think with some creative passing it's possible to have the unhypered team eat Myr's bind and give a favorable board to the Hyper player. Run as normal but have a pass occur after the team with Avalon Drake (inherit or otherwise) is used at Pulseneedle.I think if you follow the script from there it should work out. Wee Jas is the potential sticking point.

Jagernaut

For legend plus the hp is lower so Wee Jas needs about 20.6 million damage to kill. I can hyper 1 Dios but I'd rather not hyper 3 if I don't have to.

Top Bottom