• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Jagernaut

Rolled twice hoping for a Japanese God 1 or Indian God 1, the only monster I have from that group is Ganesha.

Wood Wizard Leeza
Melon Dragon (dupe)

Sigh, why are fruit dragons even in the REM? At least Leeza has potential to find a spot on my GZL team, but I've got better monsters for that.

Leeza is getting dragon killer and attacker killer awakenings in a future update so she could be really good in the right dungeon. I use her now on my Awoken Bastet team.

Rolled hoping for Saravasti, Orochi, Sumire or Urd.

Got Vishnu (second), Ganesha (third), Silk (nice!), silver and Hatsume (4th).

At least my Kaede team looks solid now, only really needing a better bind clearer (Parvati or Ceres).

Kaede / Vishnu / Vishnu / Verdandi / Thumbelina (with Verdandi SI) / Kaede. Swaping in Osiris if bind clear is not necessary.

b33r

Rolled once on main, Sarasvati, nice.

Five rolls on alt, Vishnu, Verdandi (dupe), Lmeta, Skuld!!, and Hatsume.

All in all pretty good rolls. I wish the Skuld was on my main, but I'm not complaining, she'll still be there in co-op.

W-00

Mixed PAD day for me. My new alt managed to roll Kaede on the first try, so I didn't have to reroll the account, which was awesome. Alt then proceeded to roll a Saria, which should go quite nicely with the Thor on my main. Plus the sapphire dragons provided the last boost I needed to max level Zhou Yu and evolve him, so I finally got to wake up my Haku. She should be a good sub for my rainbow and healer teams in addition to being a good leader on her own, so I finally have a new focus on who to +297 next.

On the down side, I missed the PreDRAs because I thought my time was an hour later than it actually was, and when I tried my luck on my main I ended up with Kraken Rider and WoodBahn. I suppose Kraken Rider might have a spot on a Sumire team, but I don't see any scenario where I'd have a use for WoodBahn.

Mixed PAD day for me. My new alt managed to roll Kaede on the first try, so I didn't have to reroll the account, which was awesome. Alt then proceeded to roll a Saria, which should go quite nicely with the Thor on my main. Plus the sapphire dragons provided the last boost I needed to max level Zhou Yu and evolve him, so I finally got to wake up my Haku. She should be a good sub for my rainbow and healer teams in addition to being a good leader on her own, so I finally have a new focus on who to +297 next.

On the down side, I missed the PreDRAs because I thought my time was an hour later than it actually was, and when I tried my luck on my main I ended up with Kraken Rider and WoodBahn. I suppose Kraken Rider might have a spot on a Sumire team, but I don't see any scenario where I'd have a use for WoodBahn.

Those are great rolls to start an alt with. Thoria took me so far. If it wasn't for A. Pandora, I'd still be using it. If you miss your time, you can always look for people in other groups that might have it up. Really easy if you use discord, but I'm sure people on here could help you out as well.

Just saw we're getting a challenge with jewel rewards. That's 20,000 MP I won't have to spend on jewels, since I'm short light and green jewels for my Dios army.

Lyrian

Yolo day 1 pull --> dupe Yomi. Guess I can keep this one for CTW and the new god spike as an inherit?

Predras were amazing today for me. Burning only 1 stone, I got 3 SDR invades on Master. That's insane.

PDX reporting Gadius biweekly skillup dungeon starting Monday (beginning of Contract Dragon skillup series) on top of the XMas dungeon, and Wood Carnival, and the jewel challenge set, and the red py gift dungeon for the last dev stream.

NineH

Haven't pulled in a while and managed to save 50 stones so I decided to roll since I really want a Ganesha. Pulled an Ilm. Since he was supposedly at 1x rate this godfest, I told myself that I just used up all my luck so I stopped at one roll.

Started the re rolling process early today. On my iPad, I got Ra. On my iPhone, I got Lucifer? Keep re rolling or should I just play both accounts. Noob player here.

Bladelaw

Anyone seen blue agni yet? I've burned three stamina bars running agni on legend plus and myth and I always get cu chu instead.

Ra might be a good one to start with. Which lucifer? There's 2 and one is really good while the other is meh.

Ended up going with Ra and also doing a couple of more pulls. This is my box so far:

DTZtCfp.jpg

Any newbie tips would be helpful. I'm still reading through all the guides.

damisa

Rolled 11 times on day 2:
Chiyome #2
Ronia #3
Horus #2
Saria
Markab
Laila
Chiyome #3
Baal
Horus #3
Verdandi #3
Blonia #2

Ended up going with Ra and also doing a couple of more pulls. This is my box so far:

Any newbie tips would be helpful. I'm still reading through all the guides.

Wow, I actually really like all those rolls. I think eventually you'll want to run Bastet (Ace version when that comes), but early game I'm not too sure what to start with. Maybe lead with Satsuki if you can find some random attackers, since that's a pretty good flat attack stat. When the XMas REM comes tomorrow, it might be worth trying one roll to see if you get one of the XMas healers since they have a delay which would be helpful starting out.

Awoken Ra is great too, but his leader skill looks too hard in his first form starting out.

Lyrian

Anyone seen blue agni yet? I've burned three stamina bars running agni on legend plus and myth and I always get cu chu instead.

From Reddit and PADX comments, Blue Agni is as rare as getting one of Orphelion's appendages to drop. 2% spawn chance per run.

Bladelaw

From Reddit and PADX comments, Blue Agni is as rare as getting one of Orphelion's appendages to drop. 2% spawn chance per run.

ugh, well I guess I'll skip that for now. 4 rolls on day 2,
Dvalk (dupe, not sure if I should save for inherit or sell)
Amon (dupe, sold)
Lkali (5th freaking lkali, sold)
Astaroth (NEW!!!)

Decided to stop there. I'd really like a Saria for Miru but she'll show up in other GF's.

I would have been happy with Bastet, Horus (both for Ace), Ra (more inherits), and Astaroth (only member of the pantheon I'm missing and useful for Bei/Dios as well as on her own).

Bladelaw

Finally done max skilling 4 Dios. Now to just plus them all. Sigh...

I might actually do the math to see if full 297 is required or if I can get by with a little less. I'm sitting on a 297 mule and a 99 ATK mule combined with the passive plusses I've been getting just farming skillups I'm hoping it'll be enough. I plan on running Mille Descended like that at least once to see just how far off I am.

I still need to max level Thanatos and Hades before I can use them as inherits. At least I have the tans ready for them.

linsivvi

Finally done max skilling 4 Dios. Now to just plus them all. Sigh...

I might actually do the math to see if full 297 is required or if I can get by with a little less. I'm sitting on a 297 mule and a 99 ATK mule combined with the passive plusses I've been getting just farming skillups I'm hoping it'll be enough. I plan on running Mille Descended like that at least once to see just how far off I am.

I still need to max level Thanatos and Hades before I can use them as inherits. At least I have the tans ready for them.
You don't really need 4 Dios as almost all teams need a utility sub and can get away with 1 less anyway, especially if you have a great REM sub like green Sonia.

Unless you don't mind using tans all the time. Don't max skill Thanatos if you intend putting it on Liu Bei. You do need to use Liu Bei's active in many rogue dungeons so you want Thanatos to become active only at the last floor. I had it at slevel 6 (15 turns) which is just fine.

Bladelaw

You don't really need 4 Dios as almost all teams need a utility sub and can get away with 1 less anyway, especially if you have a great REM sub like green Sonia.

Unless you don't mind using tans all the time. Don't max skill Thanatos if you intend putting it on Liu Bei. You do need to use Liu Bei's active in many rogue dungeons so you want Thanatos to become active only at the last floor. I had it at slevel 6 (15 turns) which is just fine.

I don't mind spending tans otherwise they just waste space in my box. That said I only plan on using Thanatos as Miru insurance and got terrible luck trying to skill him up so that becomes a moot point. The fourth Dios is insurance in the event I actually need him for some specific reason. I've got most of the utility subs (susano, perseus, gronia, etc) to slot in when needed but the main reason I'm building this team (beyond Rogue farming which I can already do with M Zeus) is to farm up and skill up Miru.

When I say "max level" for Thanatos and Hades I mean actual experience level so I can use them for inheritance. With the plusses on the team I'm hoping I can farm Legend Plus. The predras would be nice given how much I plan on running it but really all I care about is getting Miru.

I'm looking at freeing up 40 slots once the Dios update and Miru hit. So that will be nice.

Random Astaroth question: If I don't plan on using her as a lead should I go with the awoken evo or one of the other uevos? ALB kinda steals her thunder being a green row unbindable lead.

linsivvi

I don't mind spending tans otherwise they just waste space in my box. That said I only plan on using Thanatos as Miru insurance and got terrible luck trying to skill him up so that becomes a moot point. The fourth Dios is insurance in the event I actually need him for some specific reason. I've got most of the utility subs (susano, perseus, gronia, etc) to slot in when needed but the main reason I'm building this team (beyond Rogue farming which I can already do with M Zeus) is to farm up and skill up Miru.

When I say "max level" for Thanatos and Hades I mean actual experience level so I can use them for inheritance. With the plusses on the team I'm hoping I can farm Legend Plus. The predras would be nice given how much I plan on running it but really all I care about is getting Miru.

I'm looking at freeing up 40 slots once the Dios update and Miru hit. So that will be nice.

Random Astaroth question: If I don't plan on using her as a lead should I go with the awoken evo or one of the other uevos? ALB kinda steals her thunder being a green row unbindable lead.
Astaroth is used at Miru 3rd floor to deal with resolve, otherwise she really isn't useful. I prefer the gravity option as i don't like taking a hit. Either way I would probably wait and see the co-op field for Miru before doing anything.

Yean elemental skill ups are generally a pain. Managed to do it with natural stamina over two days and almost tempted to use piis instead.

Anyway I have my Miru farming team ready. Only need to max level Dios for non rogue dungeon farming.

Got an Ars Paulina and a Holy Lilith from the Christmas REM machine; as I understand it, one makes a good sub for the Sumire I recently acquired and the other is a rare dark turn-delay creature.

Bladelaw

Got an Ars Paulina and a Holy Lilith from the Christmas REM machine; as I understand it, one makes a good sub for the Sumire I recently acquired and the other is a rare dark turn-delay creature.

Yep Paulina is great on Sumire, You Yu, and Rukia. Skilling her up is a pain though, which is important since she's a great base for skill inheritance once she's maxed out. She's also useful on Toshiro cheese teams for a strong damage burst. I'm trying to decide if I should pull on the xmas REM. I'm thinking no. I don't need xKali, santakuya, xHaku or xGenie. xLiu Bei is really the only card in the REM I don't have that I want. If I learned anything from the June Bride REM it's that chasing 1 card is a fool's errand.

Tobe

lately ive been playing less and less seriously the game im out of the meta tbh. whats new and hot right now guys?

also is there a use for double black dragonbounds? ill post my box later

lately ive been playing less and less seriously the game im out of the meta tbh. whats new and hot right now guys?

An upcoming descended is gonna use a Typhon for an armor evolution so keep the dupe

Bladelaw

Co-op farming is the new meta. There's a couple uses for dupe Typhons, the general use is a dark dragon bind clear, with the other as a skill inherited to something (depends on the team). Both could fit on a Xin Hua (plum) team if you're going to try for a heart match leader with an extremely restrictive sub pool.

Hot Teams (based on what I see people asking for in Discord) is
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer, Awoken Pandora, Various MP leads (Yomidragon, Ra Dragon, Xiang Mei, You Yu).

Basically dark rows, tank teams, and crazy burst damage. Then there will come the cross-heart meta of Sumire and Kaede. Miru is coming up as a similar tanky lead capable of great damage.

Bladelaw

How long have pys been part of the rare monster infestation? First time I've ever seen one and had a flampy drop and got a green jewel.

Lyrian

How long have pys been part of the rare monster infestation? First time I've ever seen one and had a flampy drop and got a green jewel.

Always, I believe?

It's just that there is so much junk on the spawn table for floor 1, good luck seeing one let alone it actually dropping.

Jagernaut

Korean version 9.2 is out and has these evos (we should get the same tomorrow)

Awoken Liu Bei
Awoken Sun Quan
Ultimate Apocalypse
Ultimate Zeus Dios
Ultimate Hera Sowilo
Ultimate Zombie Dragon
Reincarnated Fenrir Knight Kamui

I'm ready for ALB and Dios army.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Awoken Liu Bei
Awoken Sun Quan
Ultimate Apocalypse
Ultimate Zeus Dios
Ultimate Hera Sowilo
Ultimate Zombie Dragon

Cant wait for it - this update will free up so much space for me thanks to those uevos... + the option to finally see the mailbox content.

Awoken Liu Bei
Awoken Sun Quan
Ultimate Apocalypse
Ultimate Zeus Dios
Ultimate Hera Sowilo
Ultimate Zombie Dragon

Yessssssss. My body is ready. I should look into SQ, forgot about him. Think i have the mats in my box already for some reason. I'm ready to push button everything.

Bladelaw

Gonna have to burn some MP for the Dios army but I managed to use SKC last night to get Thanatos and Hades prepped for Miru.

With any luck we'll see her Friday. I'll be farming for awakenings that day, then after that I'll be waiting for a skill up event to coincide with her descend for actual skill ups.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks like we will have to wait a bit longer for the Dragoncaller Uevos...im expecting them next week - would also be in line with a skill material rotation. Need to skill up my Sumires.

Bladelaw

Looks like we will have to wait a bit longer for the Dragoncaller Uevos...im expecting them next week - would also be in line with a skill material rotation. Need to skill up my Sumires.

Yeah I noticed the facebook image has Uevo Sumire on it so they must be a "soon" addition. No big deal as I'd rather wait until I can skill them up. Until then let Liu Bei have his moment.

coy

Got Liu Bei on both accounts hypered and fully tama'd 3 Zeus Dios on each. While I have enough +eggs ready for all the ZD, I forgot to account for the +stats received when attempting skillups and don't want a bunch of them to go to waste. It won't be long until that can be rectified.

J0dy77

I've gotten really bored with the game of late, I really don't have anything to do anymore since I don't have the patience to look for MP partners. My saving grace has been dumping stamina into Arena 1 over and over again for the Pii farming. I just cleared it for the first time a couple weeks ago just because I never really bothered to try (dungeon always felt too long to me). It has been a lot of fun, very well balanced dungeon. The one thing I've always been very impressed by wit PAD is the way a dungeon can be learned and practice can improve your game. Really comes to light with the Arena dungeons, knowing when to stall and when to use skills, things to prepare for.

I really should make the effort to find MP friends. If anyone wants to run anything, let me know.

I think most people have migrated to the Reddit discord to do MP runs. Kinda sucks since I think there's an expectation that you have proper farming teams set up and I haven't had the time or patience or REM luck to grind the fotm teams.

Jagernaut

I think most people have migrated to the Reddit discord to do MP runs. Kinda sucks since I think there's an expectation that you have proper farming teams set up and I haven't had the time or patience or REM luck to grind the fotm teams.

I had a terrible time finding coop partners until I started using the Reddit discord. Really frustrating, now though it's pretty easy to find a coop partner.

The ninjas and other cards got their killer awakenings so I need even more tamadras.

Also leader skill and active skill improvements, and skill levels reduced further for some cards

Update info: https://m.facebook.com/notes/puzzle...ions-and-skill-improvements/1339326262762629/

coy

I forgot to mention the mailbox displaying the items in mail. This might be my favorite new feature as I have 140+ unopened and now I don't have to guess what's inside any longer.

fek

5x skill up ending now in JP and I was able to max skill a lot of stuff including a full Sumire system. Still need to evolve them all but can't wait to try it out.

forgrim

Doing more research, for us plebes without liu bei, perseus is an ok substitute, u just have to kodify the strategy slightly for some descends but the firepower remains so it seems most is still clearable

Negator

I like Parvati but Kaede and Awoken Liu Bei are the new hotness.

Parvati is used in Kaede teams though right? I have a Kaede and some decent subs for her.

Also, the game is telling me to update but I have no update in the play store?

Edit2: Hit update all on play store and 7.2.0 showed up. Weird.

Bladelaw

Well that cleared out a lot of space. Awoke Liu Bei, max skilled him, fed him +99atk, got the Dios Army readyish (still need 6 tamas for Dios 4 and XP/+eggs). Uevo'd Apocalypse. Had to burn 20k MP for Dios 4 but I can make that back in a couple nights.

I'm eager to try it out. Are the old rogues (Scarlet, Z8, Nordis) doable with minimal plussing? I feel like the flex slot could just be A. Ra's on both teams to cover the predras.

Something like
Team A: ALB, Diosx3, A. Ra
Team B: ALB, Diosx3, A. Ra

So for Z8
F1: A 16x/Row
F2: B 16x or row here?
F3: A Dios Swipe
F4: B Dios Swipe
F5: A Dios Swipe
F6: B Row/16x?
F7: A Dios Swipe
F8: B A. Ra
F9: B Dios Swipe
F10: A A. Ra
F11: A Dios swipe?

Basically popping ALB when you need a row/16x on any non-interesting floor and you're missing orbs.

Any one want to try it tonight? I'll snag the coin version since I still need the stone from it.

Top Bottom