• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Okamid3n

Rolled 4 times, got two trash, a Dupe DKali and my first Orochi.

Welp, guess I have a Ra Dragon team now, but I don't think I wanna invest 300k MP on it. Oh well, I'm sure there will be more rainbow teams that want two DKali in the future and I'll be ready for them!

Bladelaw

2 pulls. Shaitan and Rodin

I finally have rodin after who knows how long. I plan on pulling a bit harder tomorrow as now i have everything that's "today" exclusive.

Tomorrow i'm hoping for Ilm, saria, or decent mp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I will pull a couple times tomorrow - not a fan of todays exclusive GFE.

Myr skillup wise i wanted to join the ALB coop trains but its hard to get people to team up with. Did most my clears with Sumire instead - at 10/24 now.

Thought i would need weeks to max skill her but i might finish her in a week - not bad. She wont be a focus for me - but its good to have another coop option and an excuse to work on some light subs after i kinda skipped ADQXQ.

Beat Izanami Descended for the first time today. I'd been trying to figure out the best shield against the first floor, but in the end I just brute forced it with A. Ama and a friend's Yuna. Got two drops out of five wins (out of nine attempts). So that was nice. I also finally ranked up to 250, so I got the memorial pull. Haven't used it yet, saving it for a consolation (or salt-in-the-wound) pull after I inevitably get nothing I want from the Godfest.

Speaking of the Godfest, who's planning to pull? Anything besides the Callers calling out to you?

Congrats - working your way up i see. Izanami was def. one of the tougher desc for me early on...kinda skipped it for months until i needed her as Awoken material lol.
Day 01 Rolll: LKali

Never had a Kali drop before so I'm happy. Going to roll tomorrow as well in hopes of getting a Norn.
Nice - LKali is such an underrated unit. Often when she is mentioned here people are pissed because its dupe number 2 or 3.

PS. Also hoping for Skuld tomorrow - one of the few unit that could improve my YY/Sumire setups.

Bladelaw

How good is Kaede without dupes?

I've played around with a no dupe Kaede team and it's still extremely strong, just not crack the game open strong.

Some key subs:
Vishnu
Perseus
Parvati (Fairy tale inherit)
Verdandi

If you can run the above team it's pretty damn strong. I managed to clear Extreme edless with the above and my Kaede isn't hyper or max skilled (vish, perseus, and Verd were though).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Top Tier - i think multiple dupes is what make her broken thanks to haste...well and those stats.

J0dy77

58. I'm real sick of the bullshit skill up rates. I was up till 4am then continued to farm until 4pm. 5 mins per run.

Edit: I'm about 60+ eggs shy of full hyper for Myr if anyone is looking for that. ID: 359,468,351

I'm now 1 for 18 on myr skillups, this is bullshit.

hermit7

2 rolls today, tsubaki whom I didn't have and red riding hood.

RRH will be a good unit to inherit for XM maybe on to gadius.

Don't know where to use tsubaki her ultimate isn't quote as good as the others.

Kwhit10

2 rolls

Unicorn rider... I see others got this trash
Orochi dupe, which is good so I can use my +297 instead that was skill inherited.

Bladelaw

2 rolls

Unicorn rider... I see others got this trash
Orochi dupe, which is good so I can use my +297 instead that was skill inherited.

If you want to use Unicorn rider, her skill is really useful on a Myr team. I put it on Baal for multi player Myr shenanigans. WedSatsuki and Wukong all convert water orbs so Baal didn't have much of a purpose beyond stat stick otherwise.

I brought my Sumire up to her ultimate evo today; does anyone have an example of a team build for her? These last GF rolls have given me so many potential leaders that I need to reevaluate who I'm rolling with.

Jagernaut

I've played around with a no dupe Kaede team and it's still extremely strong, just not crack the game open strong.

Some key subs:
Vishnu
Perseus
Verdandi

If you can run the above team it's pretty damn strong. I managed to clear Extreme edless with the above and my Kaede isn't hyper or max skilled (vish, perseus, and Verd were though).

I have all of those subs but no Kaede. Myr is my first heart cross lead and I don't have all of the materials yet to ultimate Evo her twice.

MiTYH

Talk about luck :eek:
Just casually pulling the best unit in the game..lawl...congrats !!

Haha, thanks! I'll be honest, it hasn't set in yet. I'm more of a casual player, with a Kali team and almost done with my Bastet team, so this'll fit in nicely since I already have other good green units

Some key subs:
Vishnu
Perseus
Verdandi

Of that list I've only got Perseus (one green orb away from the final awakening).

coy

This REM is tempting. I'd like to believe the 10-stone GFE REM will grace us but that's not guaranteed.

I was able to max skill Myr on my main so I'm stopping there. The alt is at sl5 with 23 spare Myrs left to try. If I fall short I'll just wait till she returns.

I'm now 1 for 18 on myr skillups, this is bullshit.

Have faith J0dy! I used a lot yesterday and was rewarded a measly 4 skillups but went 11/21 today to max skill her on my main.

Bladelaw

Haha, thanks! I'll be honest, it hasn't set in yet. I'm more of a casual player, with a Kali team and almost done with my Bastet team, so this'll fit in nicely since I already have other good green units

Of that list I've only got Perseus (one green orb away from the final awakening).

You can make due with some other options but obviously losing effectiveness. Basically you need a few things:
1) board changer to clear hazard or for a burst board Skuld inherit is kind of an option, verdandi is tough to replace here.
2) At least 2 Heart makers, this is crucial, without the cross Kaede is much weaker. Kaede helps of course but the more options you have here the better.
3) Fast orb change, when you really need an extra combo this is huge.
4) bind clearing solution, Thumbelina is a great inherit on an unbindable (susano, A. Parvati) Ceres works too.

Parvati is so good because she makes hearts and enhances a burst board, while being unbindable.

jay23

Day 2 is very tempting but I don't wanna roll outside of wood gala(NEED LIU BEI and some better sub's for kaede)

But then again who knows when we'll have wood gala lined up with a GF again lol.

Maybe I'll do 1 or 2 rolls...

Bladelaw

Day 2 is very tempting but I don't wanna roll outside of wood gala(NEED LIU BEI and some better sub's for kaede)

But then again who knows when we'll have wood gala lined up with a GF again lol.

Maybe I'll do 1 or 2 rolls...

I'm going to pull tomorrow since unless we get the GFE REM this will be the best shot I have at Ilm and Saria. I figure it'll be a good way to acquire +'s and MP at worst.

Okay I'm looking to get back into this with my new phone, but I've forgotten quite a bit.

I came back to me being Rank 80 with 200 cards, most of which are Dragon Seeds and Masks and Mythlits and Sapphire Dragon things. I know that these are used in leveling/evolutions but I don't know why I was hoarding them. I have a ton of Tamadras sitting in my mailbox as well. My current team is Norn Verdandi, Flowerdragon Brachys, King Woodsie, Armor Ogre, and Earth Fighter.

Where should I begin? I know some of my team are common/weak, should I work on evolving them or replacing them? I have 145 stones for reference.

W-00

Nice to see that some people are having luck on their rolls, and condolences to those that aren't. I'll be jumping in tomorrow, as I'd rather have the Norns than any of today's exclusives. Skuld would be great for my Sumire, Urd might finally push me over the edge into having a viable fire team, and even though I already have a Verdandi, she's good enough that another would be welcome.

Congrats - working your way up i see. Izanami was def. one of the tougher desc for me early on...kinda skipped it for months until i needed her as Awoken material lol.

Thanks. I also finally got Aamir today, so as soon as he's evo'd (and I get a red gem) it'll be time to wake Pandora. I recall hearing that Zuoh is pretty popular on her team, so that's one more reason to save my rolls until tomorrow.

I brought my Sumire up to her ultimate evo today; does anyone have an example of a team build for her? These last GF rolls have given me so many potential leaders that I need to reevaluate who I'm rolling with.

Ryune and Skuld both have actives that make water/heal/extra boards, so I expect they'd make good subs for her. Nut + Kraken Rider together guarantee enough orbs to fully activate Sumire's LS even on the trolliest of (standard-sized) boards (just remember to use Nut before Kraken Rider). Awoken Sun Quan would provide a delay and double your already ridiculous multiplier. Scheat would be of questionable utility since she converts hearts, but could be useful if paired with Kraken Rider.

Of course, all of these are vulnerable to binds. So if there's anything that would bind you that you can't kill before the bind, you'd want something like Isis or Snow White.

Where should I begin? I know some of my team are common/weak, should I work on evolving them or replacing them? I have 145 stones for reference.

Long term, you'll of course want to replace the weaker ones, but for the time being the question is this: Is your team limit high enough to be able to afford evolving or replacing them? If your team limit is high enough and by some stroke of luck you have the materials, I'd evolve Brachys into its green/red form right away. If your limit is high enough but you don't have the materials for Brachys, I'd evo Earth Fighter ASAP.

As for getting new monsters: draw in the Godfest that's currently going on. If you draw Kaede, that's perfect. Kaede is love. Kaede is life. Kaede is the current top lead. Green Odin would also be good for you. But if either of them just aren't showing up, that's okay, don't blow all of your gems trying for them.

Jagernaut

I need Myr myth clear for stone before dungeon closes in 4 hours. I can bring A Lui Bei team b: ALB(Thanatos), 3 Dios, and Avalon Drake.

Edit. Never mind, found someone.

I have 6 rolls saved up for day 2 and got impatient and rolled once to get a L Meta..sigh...I'm looking for Kaede, Eschamali and Skuld. I have amazing subs for kaede and my Sumire needs some key subs desperately.

Lyrian

2 pulls on Day 1:

Zweihander
Creuse

So frigging awesome... /sigh

Edit: For grins, rolled twice on throwaway second account:

Anubis
Bastet

/grumbles loudly

J0dy77

This REM is tempting. I'd like to believe the 10-stone GFE REM will grace us but that's not guaranteed.

I was able to max skill Myr on my main so I'm stopping there. The alt is at sl5 with 23 spare Myrs left to try. If I fall short I'll just wait till she returns.

Have faith J0dy! I used a lot yesterday and was rewarded a measly 4 skillups but went 11/21 today to max skill her on my main.

I think I'm done for this event. I'll get a few more runs in later tonight but I'm not going to be anywhere close to finished.

As for getting new monsters: draw in the Godfest that's currently going on. If you draw Kaede, that's perfect. Kaede is love. Kaede is life. Kaede is the current top lead. Green Odin would also be good for you. But if either of them just aren't showing up, that's okay, don't blow all of your gems trying for them.

thx!

I still have all the old sites bookmarked so I'll research the stuff I need.

Bladelaw

Anyone interested in spamming Ultimate God Rush for Elia skillups?

I'm planning on using the Awoken Liu Bei setup.
ALB, Dios x3, Tengu (Chad)

A Dios/Chad board makes Straitos' combo shield not a problem. It's pretty brainless but I need Elia up to snuff for Myr.

I'd like to run it sometime tonight while it's still the weekend but I can do it pretty much any night this week.

EDIT: shameless brag
TxMrplG.jpg

Anyone interested in spamming Ultimate God Rush for Elia skillups?

I'm planning on using the Awoken Liu Bei setup.
ALB, Dios x3, Tengu (Chad)

A Dios/Chad board makes Straitos' combo shield not a problem. It's pretty brainless but I need Elia up to snuff for Myr.

I'd like to run it sometime tonight while it's still the weekend but I can do it pretty much any night this week.

EDIT: shameless brag

I can run it. Hit me up on discord and let me know what to bring

Bladelaw

I can run it. Hit me up on discord and let me know what to bring
Sure I'll post it here for posterity.

Player 1 brings Awoken Liu Bei, Dios x3, and a double row changer (Chad, Vaan) or a double board changer like Avalon Drake or Gronia.

P2 can bring Awoken Liu Bei and 4 Dios (or a flex for whatever).

Every floor except straitos is a Dios/swipe. For straitos player 1 Dios then Chad to create a green board with red rows up top and bottom.

Just break up the rows and voila, straitos gets wrecked. Gronia/Drake require a bit more skill than I can consistently employ so I just use Chad.

I plan on loading this team with TE latents to cut down on the stress.

Went through all 4 of my pulls today, since there was more opportunities to flesh out my roster today than tomorrow.

Got my first Lkali
Snow White
Famiel
Gadius

Seems like an OK set of pulls. Snow White in particular sounds like an interesting sub for my fairly solid blue crew.

To the new guy earlier in the page - I have been playing for quite a while and I am pretty casual. Still have barely tackled any descends. I enjoy leveling & collecting & playing around with different teams as I have worked through the normal & technical dungeons.

I figure all the more hardcore stuff is there if I get the urge to dig in.

Lyrian

Don't give up. The dungeon will be in the shop so you still have plenty of time.

Yeah, I wonder how many people burnt crazy stones to max skill Myr on her opening weekend, only now to find out that she is going to be in the coin dungeons for the next 15 days? I would be salty, that's for sure.

Jagernaut

Yeah, I wonder how many people burnt crazy stones to max skill Myr on her opening weekend, only now to find out that she is going to be in the coin dungeons for the next 15 days? I would be salty, that's for sure.

Someone reminded me that the coin version will have latent tamadra invades,that could screw up runs. There is less chance of invade on legend, right?

linsivvi

Someone reminded me that the coin version will have latent tamadra invades,that could screw up runs. There is less chance of invade on legend, right?

Well invade shouldn't be a problem as long as both players know what they are doing. Just let the player who got delayed charge two turns, pass if necessary.

Bladelaw

It took me three stones total. Fortunately the rank xp is good and the long runs let stamina charge. No regrets, the team is crazy strong and will get a nice boost once I finish Elia.

linsivvi

It took me three stones total. Fortunately the rank xp is good and the long runs let stamina charge. No regrets, the team is crazy strong and will get a nice boost once I finish Elia.

Talk about regrets I fed all Piis to Elia back when I still ran Kirin. Oh man.

Negator

Not a bad haul I'd say. Finally got the elusive Satsuki and a bonus Scheat.

WCzHgR1l.jpg

So If I don't need any of these REM units, I'm assuming fusing the 50 eggs to something useful > 3k MP?

L Meta(yesterday)
Water Wizard Sharon
Fire Wizard Laila
Gadius(Dupe)
Amon
Shaitan Silver.

I have a question.

Current team is Xian mei, gadius, Uriel, Red Riding Hood, Yamato

Just pulled a second Gadius and Laila. Yamato had those 3 skill boosts but is off type. With laila I have 7 with gadius I have 6. Who do I go with?

Nevermind Second gadius only leaves with with 80% Resist. Laila over yamato I guess?

Talk about regrets I fed all Piis to Elia back when I still ran Kirin. Oh man.
I fed her 12 shypys and regret nothing since I still don't have any other use for them. I guess Myr is harder to farm than Elia nowadays but w/e.

So If I don't need any of these REM units, I'm assuming fusing the 50 eggs to something useful > 3k MP?
Unless you're overflowing with MP, seek. +eggs are so easy to farm now, especially with the improved Star Den.

unrealist

I have gotten crap all these while .. But PAD gods decided to be kind to be for once. In 7 rolls I got all 3 Dragon Callers! Sumire! Tsubaki! And my most wanted .. Kaede!!!! Now I finally have 3 Kaedes and 3 Sumires!! I am too happy for words!!!

http://imgur.com/a/Sjc58

J0dy77

Day two pulls:

Shiva ( not sure where that came from)
I&I dupe
Orochi dupe
Karin my third
Baldin

It's almost like they threw Baldin in as a gfe just so they could have these types of events and still have garbage come out.

I was hoping for some strong water cards as an alternative but got all dupes. /sad

Rixa

My EU alt decided its good time to troll. Total of 7 pulls, first Satsuki then second pull Satsuki, rest were mostly trash. Now that account has 3 Satsuki. I might do something TPA blasting for fun. Normally I run Ryune team, but if I get dark to work would be nice addition to water.

Satsuki / Satsuki / Satsuki / GR Vector Finn / LCB.Haku (needs to evolve it). Edit: Awoken Hades it is :p
Main (4 pulls) pulled mostly trash including Balboa & Acubens. Dont like either of those.

MiTYH

Two pulls today:
- Frost-Fanged CyberBeast Alfecca
- Leviathan

Both new for me, so I've got that going for me. I don't really have a good water team yet though.

Jagernaut

6 pulls, not great

Claymore - any use?
Australis - dupe but useful inherit for A Liu Bei
Cyberdragon Shedar
Hatsume - dupe, but might keep for inherit
Lakshmi - dupe, pretty useless
Fire Dragon Swordsman - dupe, useless

Bladelaw

10 pulls mostly for plusses.
Plenty of dupes and junk and finally Saria!

Now the question is do I inherit her on Myr's team or Xiang Mei?

Also once we get that 297 Tama I'll have a hypermaxed Myr team so that's pretty rad.

J0dy77

10 pulls mostly for plusses.
Plenty of dupes and junk and finally Saria!

Now the question is do I inherit her on Myr's team or Xiang Mei?

Also once we get that 297 Tama I'll have a hypermaxed Myr team so that's pretty rad.

As long as you put the inherit on the leader, I don't care which you choose (for selfish reasons). :)

Saria inherit on Xiang mei is insanely strong, most times you don't even require Uriel active to burst through high HP. I inherit Urd on my XM that gives me three big burst combos using different card, works so well.

Urd Active -> RRH or Mamiya (depending on how urd active shows up)
Gadius -> Uriel
Saria Active -> Uriel

I would really love a second Uriel in place of Mamiya on that team, that's my ideal team over a second Xiang Mei. Can't wait for RRH buffs, she's amazing on this team.

Top Bottom