• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

fek

Tried my luck on Hokuto no Ken gacha a bit but rates were terrible so I used my last rolls on the godfest instead and got Paimon. Looks really strong.
Been running Typhoon Ana these last few days too.

Quantum

As long as you put the inherit on the leader, I don't care which you choose. :)

Saria inherit on Xiang mei is insanely strong, most times you don't even require Uriel active to burst through high HP.

I am so in the minority but I used urd on my XM and run with mamiya.

now the fun is that I have gadius skill on mamiya.

this enables me to do some crazy stuff with persistent 20% dark damage decrease, mamiya can spike urd team initially if needed or gad skill can be spiked by uriel.

xm/gad/uriel/uriel/mamiya/xm

Jagernaut

I need to build a Canopus to evolve Nordis, anyone want to run through the 5 mechdragon dungeons?

Edit. Forgot about Mechdragon Rush, I'll run that.

Got all 5 in 1 run.

Bladelaw

Ultimate God Rush is up all day, I'm hoping to finish Elia. Anyone with the DIos army interested in running with me? All you need to bring is ALB + 3x Dios, fourth sub can be anything (A heal is nice in case I fuck up the Straitos board).

Ping me here or on Discord Bladelaw#6504

6 pulls, not great

Claymore - any use?
Australis - dupe but useful inherit for A Liu Bei
Cyberdragon Shedar
Hatsume - dupe, but might keep for inherit
Lakshmi - dupe, pretty useless
Fire Dragon Swordsman - dupe, useless

You can use Claymore as a base for a more useful skill in multi. I could see him being pretty good there with 2 SBs and multi-boost, and a low enough cool down that skill 2 will be up first turn most likely. I don't run anything other than MZeus, A. LB, and A. Panda in co-op though, so I don't know when a blue team would be needed.

My rolls were all pretty bad. rolled 3 times and got Thantos (which I needed after selling at least 2) and my 4th gadius (sold 1, so sitting on 3). I haven't used any of my gadius, so I don't know if I'll keep the 3rd. I might sell it and buy a couple SBR latents. Alt didn't get anything worth mentioning.

unrealist

Would 4 Kaedes + Bind Clearer be better or 3 Kaedes + Verd + Bind Clearer?

I have seen most people suggesting teams with 3 Kaedes only..

Bladelaw

Wouldn't you rather have a bicolor board changer for a 2nd chance at Stratios?

You're dead if you don't heal unless you get EKMD the prior floor due to Beelzebub or Satan's preempt. I usually have my partner heal on that floor before using Dios. The heal buys you that one turn to do something. I haven't screwed up the Straitos board in a while (muscle memory FTW) but it's the only risk in the run.

Would 4 Kaedes + Bind Clearer be better or 3 Kaedes + Verd + Bind Clearer?

I have seen most people suggesting teams with 3 Kaedes only..

Verd is a 1 button solution to things like Beelzebub, she can bait fire binds to stall?

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Day 1 yolo pull:
LKali

Day 2 pulls:
Denebola
Fenrir (Dupe, #3)
Fuu

Puzzle & Jammers! At least I have both the Kalis now and some nice inherits for further jamming if I ever finish +'ing my main Fenrir. It's a nice skill up and team setup project, if anything?

Day 02 pull: Balboa

*looks up on PADX*

Meh. I've got a couple more pulls saved up, so I might do one more later today. What's the next event with an REM, have they announced yet?

Bladelaw

Day 02 pull: Balboa

*looks up on PADX*

Meh. I've got a couple more pulls saved up, so I might do one more later today. What's the next event with an REM, have they announced yet?

They teased the Kenshin Collab in the stream so that's probably next. Not sure how soon but man that's tempting.

As long as you put the inherit on the leader, I don't care which you choose (for selfish reasons). :)

Saria inherit on Xiang mei is insanely strong, most times you don't even require Uriel active to burst through high HP. I inherit Urd on my XM that gives me three big burst combos using different card, works so well.

Urd Active -> RRH or Mamiya (depending on how urd active shows up)
Gadius -> Uriel
Saria Active -> Uriel

I would really love a second Uriel in place of Mamiya on that team, that's my ideal team over a second Xiang Mei. Can't wait for RRH buffs, she's amazing on this team.

Pulled a Second Gadius only to discover he leaves ne without 100$ SBR. Pukled Laila guess she's going in place of Yamato who I've been using. XM, Uriel, Gadius, Laila RRH.

J0dy77

Pulled a Second Gadius only to discover he leaves ne without 100$ SBR. Pukled Laila guess she's going in place of Yamato who I've been using. XM, Uriel, Gadius, Laila RRH.

100% SBR has been the hardest hurdle to overcome with XM team due to her limited sub pool. I would love to use Red Valk on the team but having Gadius and Valk on the team puts you at 80% which is essentially 0%. Mamiya is solid though, with her and Uriel on the same team you get a lot of autoheal, I even put a couple latent auto heal on Mamiya. Healing for a few thousand each round has saved me a bunch of times, especially when stalling and fighting through hits each turn.

W-00

Main:

Red Chester
Cerberus Rider
Sarasvati
Genie
Sharon
250 memoral pull: Ruel

Not a single thing I wanted. Oh well, at least they're all new to me.

Alt:

Water Dragon Swordsman
Sadalmelik
Baldin

Nothing the alt can use. Yet, anyways.

Bladelaw

8 more runs of Ultimate God Rush and it's finally done. Myr team is basically done now, Just need to decide who gets what inherits and skill up wukong who I apparently neglected.

J0dy77

8 more runs of Ultimate God Rush and it's finally done. Myr team is basically done now, Just need to decide who gets what inherits and skill up wukong who I apparently neglected.

Do you like Elia on a Myr team that much? Seems like there would be better options. I'm not sure what my final team will look like. So far I'm debating between, 2x Wukong, Awoken DQXQ, L. Metatron and Venus. Not sure I would put Elia ahead of any of those subs.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough, I need about 15 rainbow keepers for Myr.

Bladelaw

Do you like Elia on a Myr team that much? Seems like there would be better options. I'm not sure what my final team will look like. So far I'm debating between, 2x Wukong, Awoken DQXQ, L. Metatron and Venus. Not sure I would put Elia ahead of any of those subs.

My team is a little unorthodox but It's extremely stable. I'd replace her with ADQXQ if I had them.

Myr (Snow White)
Wukong
WedSatsuki
Apocalypse
Elia

Between Myr leads, Apoc, and Wukong I'm never SOL on hearts, and the Apocalpyse-->Elia burst is up there with XM's non Arcline burst. Everyone on the team has at least one TPA so I could inherit Facet for a stupid high burst.

Bladelaw

Myr, Saria, Wukong,DQXQ, a good base team? Not sure who else would go well but I may make the effort to make one if it Would be worth it.

I'd add something to convert fire like Lakechi or New Year Hanzo if you're saria board isn't friendly to ADQXQ

Or just put Apocalypse on the last slot.

coy

Myr / ADQXQ / Apocalypse / Wukong / A.Venus

That's my base and I have decent inherits to complement the team.

J0dy77

My team is a little unorthodox but It's extremely stable. I'd replace her with ADQXQ if I had them.

Myr (Snow White)
Wukong
WedSatsuki
Apocalypse
Elia

Between Myr leads, Apoc, and Wukong I'm never SOL on hearts, and the Apocalpyse-->Elia burst is up there with XM's non Arcline burst. Everyone on the team has at least one TPA so I could inherit Facet for a stupid high burst.

You just gave me a great idea with inheriting L. Meta on Myr. I'd be much better off than having to run her all the time. This way I can slot in Venus instead. I wish I had a full board changer instead of her, that's my one weakness right now. But pairing DQXQ and Wukong is basically a board change if I have to deal with jammer/poison shennanigans.

Really looking forward to trying this team and play style, it's going to have a ton of time extend. Damage spikes should be pretty easy.

jay23

Well if/when roll roll Liu Bei you can farm and max skill 3 Dios today if you're a crazy person. You're most of the way there and just need a dragon killer sub.

I'm actually already farming Dios skill ups lol this may be crazy especially if I never roll liu bei.

It's easier to find people now then wait till everyone already has their 3 dios max skilled.

Bladelaw

I'm actually already farming Dios skill ups lol this may be crazy especially if I never roll liu bei.

It's easier to find people now then wait till everyone already has their 3 dios max skilled.

It might not be Myr safe but Perseus works as a pair for ALB, also another Dios assuming you can keep yourself under 100% hp. You could also just grab a Myr and gradually skill her up via Pys, I'm doing this on an alt account just so I have a Myr BF available.

There's plenty of teams that can clear her it's just nowhere near as fast.

I feel like I really overlooked Myr and should have been working towards getting a team ready for her. I would have easily had a cutting edge meta team. Just figured I had 2 Sumire's and that'd be good enough, but neither are skilled, I don't have the light orbs to evo either of them, and I'm still going to work on subs. So probably more work for a lesser team. I have Sumire on my alt (though poverty subs), so I might at least have a self co-op arena team possibly.

I guess Myr will still be there if I decide to work on it. Subs would basically be readymade.

jay23

It might not be Myr safe but Perseus works as a pair for ALB, also another Dios assuming you can keep yourself under 100% hp. You could also just grab a Myr and gradually skill her up via Pys, I'm doing this on an alt account just so I have a Myr BF available.

There's plenty of teams that can clear her it's just nowhere near as fast.

Yea I heard about Perseus but I don't have him either. I'm missing so many wood monsters by far my weakest color. I'll just continue working on dios and worry about myr later.

I'll carry you through Legend if you need help. 1/2 price dungeon for me and you get Myr. Skilling her up might be another problem.

Thanks for the offer but I'm just gonna focus on skilling up dios this week. Myr is probably not that useful unless I get her max skilled.

forgrim

I'll carry you through Legend if you need help. 1/2 price dungeon for me and you get Myr. Skilling her up might be another problem.

Hey jody, want to carry me teehee.

Ive cleared it a ton and my +38 and 6/16 skillup cries, looking for a partner to clear with to get more runs in.

jay23

x4 skillup during this event would have been clutch. I wonder what's taking them so long to bring that over here.

Hey guys, fairly recent player here. It's been a few months and I am addicted to this game, I hate and love the guy who introduced it to me. There's one thing that I still don't understand though, and that's the wording in some of the leader skills.

For example, I have a King's Gaze Demon Lord, Baal and his leader skill is "4x ATK for Attacker & Devil Types when HP is 50% or more; their HP increases slightly".
So does that mean 4x ATK for anything with Attacker or Devil included in its types? Or is it only for those with both Attacker and Devil types?
I'd be really grateful if anyone knows the answer.

Edit: Also any tips on team building would be appreciated. I've managed to make it as far as I have with just lots of attempts and getting lucky in dungeons, but now it's getting harder and I feel like I'm not using my dudes to their full potential by making a decent team. I usually just use the ones I like.

Im up for it tomorrow night? Why be able to pay much today.

On another note, the power creep is real and getting out of control.

https://youtu.be/QwWE5JvRdt8

Jesus that vid is insane. That guy is incredibly skilled but I didn't think that clear was possible.

Hey guys, fairly recent player here. It's been a few months and I am addicted to this game, I hate and love the guy who introduced it to me. There's one thing that I still don't understand though, and that's the wording in some of the leader skills.

For example, I have a King's Gaze Demon Lord, Baal and his leader skill is "4x ATK for Attacker & Devil Types when HP is 50% or more; their HP increases slightly".
So does that mean 4x ATK for anything with Attacker or Devil included in its types? Or is it only for those with both Attacker and Devil types?
I'd be really grateful if anyone knows the answer.

Edit: Also any tips on team building would be appreciated. I've managed to make it as far as I have with just lots of attempts and getting lucky in dungeons, but now it's getting harder and I feel like I'm not using my dudes to their full potential by making a decent team. I usually just use the ones I like.

That means both attacker or devils get the boost, so you can include either in your team build.

As far as team building its hard to say. Post a pic of your box or set up a padherder account and we can give some specific tips tailored to your box.

wait, reddit says pengdra farming isn't a thing now?

what's the best way to level monsters??

Should I be saving the crystal dragon things for better monsters?

W-00

Scrounged up enough gems for another pull on my alt and got Gadius. Finally something good. The account can't use it yet, but it will be nice to have eventually.

Also got my Aamir ready to feed to Pandora, so now I'm just one red jewel away from having waking her up. So I suppose it's time to ask for advice on team-building for her. In terms of dark devils I have: Awoken Anubis, Akechi (x2), Hades (not yet ult'd, planning on Awoken), Sleeping Beauty, Cerberus Rider, Gravis, Dragon Zombie, Beelzebub, Hera, Chaos, Zeromus, Kefka, fused Hadar, Aamir (an extra), and D/D Lilith. I also have Ronia.

Can I build anything decent for her?

Said "fuck it" and pulled two more times on the last day.

Sumire (dupe)
Sylvie

Apparently Sumire is a great sub for Sumire, so it looks like that was a blessing. Sylvie looks like she might make a sub for GZL or Artemis, so that's pretty cool too. I think I'm going to cool it with REM pulls for now; I've gotten a ton of monsters recently that I need to find use for.

jay23

wait, reddit says pengdra farming isn't a thing now?

what's the best way to level monsters??

Should I be saving the crystal dragon things for better monsters?

Best way to level up monsters is

1. Super king carnival coop
2. Save pal points for enhance carnival(going on right now)

Scrounged up enough gems for another pull on my alt and got Gadius. Finally something good. The account can't use it yet, but it will be nice to have eventually.

Also got my Aamir ready to feed to Pandora, so now I'm just one red jewel away from having waking her up. So I suppose it's time to ask for advice on team-building for her. In terms of dark devils I have: Awoken Anubis, Akechi (x2), Hades (not yet ult'd, planning on Awoken), Sleeping Beauty, Cerberus Rider, Gravis, Dragon Zombie, Beelzebub, Hera, Chaos, Zeromus, Kefka, fused Hadar, Aamir (an extra), and D/D Lilith. I also have Ronia.

Can I build anything decent for her?

Congrats! I'm not the best at team building since I've lucked into a near perfect Panda team, but for you I'd use both akechis, Anubis, and flex depending on the dungeon. Hades is a good stat stick, sleeping beauty for binds. You won't have a perfect team but you should clear a lot of content with that team, and if you venture in to multi stronger panda teams can take you even further.

W-00

Congrats! I'm not the best at team building since I've lucked into a near perfect Panda team, but for you I'd use both akechis, Anubis, and flex depending on the dungeon. Hades is a good stat stick, sleeping beauty for binds. You won't have a perfect team but you should clear a lot of content with that team, and if you venture in to multi stronger panda teams can take you even further.

Thanks, that's about what I was thinking, so it's good to see it backed up.

i only got saria from the gatcha. is she strong?

Short answer: Yes!

Longer answer: Saria is one of the cornerstones of one of the strongest teams in the game: the Thoria team. Pair your Saria up with a friend's Awoken Thor and a team of light subs, and you'll have a team with 2x HP, 10.5x ATK, and 2.5x RCV that can take on almost anything in the game.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually used this team (because Thor has been resisting my attempts to wake him), but that's what my research shows.

Bladelaw

Said "fuck it" and pulled two more times on the last day.

Sumire (dupe)
Sylvie

Apparently Sumire is a great sub for Sumire, so it looks like that was a blessing. Sylvie looks like she might make a sub for GZL or Artemis, so that's pretty cool too. I think I'm going to cool it with REM pulls for now; I've gotten a ton of monsters recently that I need to find use for.
Sylvie is an excellent inherit for Myr too. Both rolls are great.

Jagernaut

4 skillups from 15 feeds on Myr so far. The good thing is that with coop ALB team on legend, runs only take about 5 minutes if there is no latent tama invade. I'll try to do 10 runs a day on natural stamina and hopefully finish by the end of the week. Had 4 invades on 10 legend runs today.

Lyrian

Pulled mostly garbage from this trap godfest, but pulled one gem: a Saria as well.

Godfest somewhat redeemed.

divusrex

Thanks for clearing that up.

I made a padherder account, here it is: https://www.padherder.com/user/yoko...,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0
Thanks in advance!

From what I see, you can make a good Awoken Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao (A.DQXQ) and Awoken Archdemon Lucifer (AA Luci) team. It depends on what play style you are more comfortable with (Rainbow vs Rows). If I had to choose one team to focus on (in terms of gathering evo materials and hypermaxing), I'd go for A.DQXQ due to easy activation and she can carry you all the way to Arena.

A.DQXQ/Baal/Wukong/Izanami/Akechi

AA Luci/Eschamali/Persephone/Pandora/Dark Metatron

Then again, this is just what I can make right now. Other people may come up with better team compositions and can give better advice than me.

Top Bottom