• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Lyrian

Yeah I don't chase cards, I did once for Rukia and still regret it. I can clear most content with the cards I have now. The second eschamali will make both my dark teams stronger now too. I do wish I would have pulled a Pandora by now though.

I chased Pandora in all her incarnations practically forever, only finally obtaining one a couple weeks ago after two years. Still need subs for her though. Wish I had an Eschamali, though, or at least an Akechi.

Now on a whim tonight, of all things, I pulled a DMeta. Seriously contemplating Beach Valk all of a sudden, as a complement.

Also, that sour grapes feeling when Dmeta has had the Extreme Tamadra as a skill-up for forever, until this past Tuesday. Now, her skillup is retired to Sevenzard hell :/

I gave up on getting specific cards. heart has been broken so many times and by the time I get up the meta has moved on. Last few teams I've worked on were built around MP monsters, YomiD and XM now I'm going all out on a Myr team. I'm actually having fun gathering the mats and making her.

Lyrian

3 pulls on Day 1:

Fenrir /rude
DMeta !!!
Fenrir again :/

Guess I can't argue with a DMeta and 30k MP in 3 pulls.

b33r

I chased Pandora in all her incarnations practically forever, only finally obtaining one a couple weeks ago after two years. Still need subs for her though. Wish I had an Eschamali, though, or at least an Akechi.

Now on a whim tonight, of all things, I pulled a DMeta. Seriously contemplating Beach Valk all of a sudden, as a complement.

Also, that sour grapes feeling when Dmeta has had the Extreme Tamadra as a skill-up for forever, until this past Tuesday. Now, her skillup is retired to Sevenzard hell :/

Haha, yeah. Congrats on the dmeta! Don't have her yet either. I love the game, but the power creep and newer strong cards make it difficult to commit as much as in the past. The multiplayer push has soured me. Still love playing the game, but not sure I'll invest with the way is headed.

PAD has actually been back on top of the ios top grossing charts for the past week and I am not sure why. The summer gacha can't be THAT appealing, ya know?

Ducarmel

Only gf rolls for me was on my new na alt. Rolled hard for liu bei and green gala. Got everything and anything but Lb and green gala cards.

Bladelaw

40 pulls chasing DQXQ
No love. Why does this game hate me? The wood gala was very strong. 3/40 from 3 kingdoms. 7/40 GFE (sherias is the only new one not a dupe and worth keeping). 10 non gala/gfe/pantheon, and the 20 remaining were wood gala.

Lots of new stuff
Meimei
Ceres (x2)
Michael (x2)
Leeza

Bladelaw

I managed to spite clear Arena 1 with Myr today. The team had 1 inherit.
Myr (Snow White)
Wukong
Wedding Satsuki
Apocalypse
Elia
Myr

All hyper maxed.

Notable Spawns:
Liza
Amon
Kraken
Guan Yin Ping
Awoken Hades
Karin
Ronia
Sopdet
Orochi
Parvati
Olympios
Sonia Gran
Ice Hera
Dkali

CiRNTtx.jpg

Sopdet is super dangerous, cross +3 unenhanced light then a no cross light row killed her. Sky fall wrecked me so many times here and on Kagu. Honestly just fuck this floor.

Parvati isn't actually all that bad with Myr. I stalled for skills here then did the same to her I did with Sopdet.

I skyfalled into Ice coffin on Hera forcing me to use Snow White inherit, fortunately there was enough light for the kill shot there.

Dkali was the Apoc/Elia board, not many hearts but enough to break out a TPA then a giant light blob. Skyfall did the rest.

Taz

Still can't believe the thrash I rolled today

3 silvers, 5th sun quan, and 3rd grodin..smh

Nice, do you have a team for her?

Yes and she's also the perfect sub for A.Panda team, I've watched a few vids of her clearing Arena 1/2 and Mech Zeus, is her multi x64 or x144?

jay23

Yes and she's also the perfect sub for A.Panda team, I've watched a few vids of her clearing Arena 1/2 and Mech Zeus, is her multi x64 or x144?

She's x144 I Didn't know she can clear Mzeus since that's no rcv, I guess if you have a bunch of haste on your team it should work out. Do you plan on buying plum?

Ducarmel

Caved and pulled twice earlier today on my NA main, rest of my stones will got to Summer REM.

Got my first Metatron of course its an L!

Also got Gremory. I have XM but I imagine the eventual Gremory Uevo will most likely surpass XM so I'm happy to have her once the next level power creep comes in. Might buy Xin Hua if Gremory takes off.

b33r

I got beach Pandora on JP account. I don't really run dark teams on that account, but I do have a Lucifer. She seems like a good sub, but mediocre leader.

Bladelaw

18 feeds for the last astaroth skill up. I'm fucking seething right now. I burned my woodpys on Awoken Parvati thinking I could bang out Asty's last skill up in short order. NOPE. 2.5 hours running the dungeon coop with my alt just trying to get the last skill up.

Fuck this bullshit skill up system. /rant

NineH

I bought 3 packs today chasing a Liu Bei since his awoken form is pretty awesome. Of course the desire sensor was in full force as I rolled 2 of each in the pantheon except for him of course. I have never been so salty in my life. UGH!

J0dy77

Day 1 pulls:

Sherias - not roots but I'll take it.
Ilm - excited, seems like a good inherit

Day 2:

Silver
Light meta- I did finally Mac skill my original this week but so sad.
Sherias - again? No clue how they happens.

Really wanted a liu bei. Desire sensor was too strong on day 2.

Cleared Myr solo yesterday on after x many attempts but had to burn a stone because I proc'd the wrong board change when I needed to heal up.

Time to board the hype train?

Bladelaw

Day 1 pulls:

Sherias - not roots but I'll take it.
Ilm - excited, seems like a good inherit

Day 2:

Silver
Light meta- I did finally Mac skill my original this week but so sad.
Sherias - again? No clue how they happens.

Really wanted a liu bei. Desire sensor was too strong on day 2.

I wish I could give you one of the three I pulled yesterday looking for DQXQ.

I did a courtesy pull of the Beach REM with the leftover stones from my pack yesterday and got Surfer Goemon. One of the 2 silvers I wanted which is nice. I'm done with the Summer REM, I have enough right now that unless it offers something new or dramatically enhances and existing team I'm not pulling.

All bets are off when Kenshin shows up though. I gotta have those giant damage numbers.

W-00

Four pulls in the beach REM: Kurone, Goemon, Navi, and Armadel. At least Goemon means I don't have to work on regular Goemon and Kurone and Navi (especially Navi) look like they might be situationally useful.

J0dy77

Cleared Myr solo yesterday on after x many attempts but had to burn a stone because I proc'd the wrong board change when I needed to heal up.

Time to board the hype train?

She's amazing, especially as a farm lead. I'm still trying to get the hang of her for running the tougher dungeons. After playing XM for awhile now I'm used to being able to stall a few turns. Myr is almost required to activate her cross every turn and very active ability dependent. If you can't generate hearts almost every floor on tougher dungeons you will wipe you.

Now get working on max skilling her (I have 4 skillups left and using all of my willpower not to use piis.)

I wish I could give you one of the three I pulled yesterday looking for DQXQ.

I did a courtesy pull of the Beach REM with the leftover stones from my pack yesterday and got Surfer Goemon. One of the 2 silvers I wanted which is nice. I'm done with the Summer REM, I have enough right now that unless it offers something new or dramatically enhances and existing team I'm not pulling.

All bets are off when Kenshin shows up though. I gotta have those giant damage numbers.

I wish they allowed a one time trade a year. I know it will never happen since it impacts the bottom line but I can dream.

ccbfan

Man a majority of the game's basically been in sleep wake mode since Awoken Liu Bei.

I have amazing ALB subs.

In addition to having 4x Zeus Dios (2 Max skilled, one at level 14 and one at level 12).

I have
2x Max skilled Verdandi
Max skilled Artemis
Max skilled Green Ninja
2x Max skilled Green Witch
Max skilled Green Valk
Max skilled Christmas Alarune
Max skilled Astaroth
Max skills one of those wizards with 3 SBR

Depending on situation (Number of Floors, how easy to stall), my subs cover everything except for max damage shield.
Main Party is

ALB
Green Witch
Green Witch
A Astaroth
Artemis/Utility

ALB

The green witches are probably the MVP. 5 turn bottom row all green. Insta 4 million damage with no other green orbs. 8 mill if there two other greens. Usually I'm busting well over 10 million.

Bladelaw

Hey I'm going to be looking to farm Blue Trifruits HARD Thursday. If anyone has some Sumires they'd like to skill up (or 3...) and wants a decent coop buddy let me know.

I have the usual coop leads:
ALB/Dios
MZeus
Myr
Pandora
Lucifer

and others, just let me know what you want to bring. Dios is fastest by a fair margin given the risk of instakill if you try to button through it. I'm hoping to come out of this Thursday with a complete Sumire system but who knows if 3x will actually mean anything. I'm asking early because I'm heading out on a road trip Friday and will miss the following Thursday most likely.

divusrex

Is there any use for multiple Navi dupes? I do not plan on pulling or buying Blue Myr, and I would rather take the MP over attempting to skill her with the dupes.

Spent my first pack on beach rem, as blue is easily my strongest color. I also have 3 blue teams, I&I/Ryune, Awoken Lakshmi and Blue Sonia.

Awilda x 3
Kurone x 3
Goemen x 4
Fuu x 2
Armandel x 1
Navi x 1
Chester x 1
Urd x 1
Eschamali x 1

Not the blue 8 star I wanted, but I'll take it!

I told myself I would spend 2 packs at most. Currently debating on if I should buy another pack or not before going back to non-iap.

Awoken Lakshmi and Blue Sonia team should be relatively obvious.

Awoken Lakshmi / Summer Urd / Andromeda / Ryune / Gabriel / Awoken Lakshmi

Blue Sonia / Summer Urd / Andromeda / Ryune / flex / Blue Sonia. With flex being Awoken I&I or Navi with somthing inherited on her.

I don't know where Eschamali fits though.

I should user her on Ryune/I&I but she it be over Awoken Hermes or with?

Something like this?

Ryune / Andromda / Hatsume / Awoken Hermes / Summer Eschamali / I&I. Or should I swap out Hatsume for Gabriel / another Ryune.

Bladelaw

Is there any use for multiple Navi dupes? I do not plan on pulling or buying Blue Myr, and I would rather take the MP over attempting to skill her with the dupes.

A system with unlimited heart skyfall? Not sure if there's a real use for that but it's something.

If Myr was available on every type which typing would be the best: Light, Water, Dark, Wood, or Fire?

Typhon/Akechi is a strong argument for dark. That burst with a 49x cross would blow up pretty much anything. Typhon works as the bind clear. Yomidra is a great sub.

I could see a dark Myr team with Typhon, Akechi, Yomidra, UUEvo Pandora be a crazy strong team. You could basically ignore binds as only Akechi and Panda would be victims. A heart row would clear 6 binds worst case scenario which frees Myr up to be an inherit target for something like Ra. Switch UUevo panda for Awoken if you need the haste and can afford to lose the RCU.

Kaede and Sumire fill her niche for wood and water well enough but a Fire team would be pretty strong too with access to Yamato, Urd, Kiriko, Xiang Mei, Gadius, sanada and Uriel but you're stuck with elemental rock paper scissors which I think gives the edge to dark, also Yomidra makes a much better sub than Xiang Mei unless you need attacker killer.

Ducarmel

Damn now you got me thinking "Should I hold out for Halloween Myr?"

By that point heart cross meta should be pretty much tapped out!

J0dy77

If Myr was available on every type which typing would be the best: Light, Water, Dark, Wood, or Fire?

Light and dark for the attribute benefits and the solid sub pool. Fire would probably work well also, you could basically mirror the Xiang Mei teams and blow things up except yamato would slot in and not have to worry about healer sub type.

Gadius, Yamato, Uriel, Urd. Man that's disgustingly strong now that I think about it. Inherit RRH on Myr.

Bladelaw

Damn now you got me thinking "Should I hold out for Halloween Myr?"

By that point heart cross meta should be pretty much tapped out!

I doubt it, I mean Gremory is pretty much Dark Myr. I'm still hoarding MP in case something stellar pops out just in case though. Once I clear through the new dungeons and challenges I'm going to be burning stamina solely on MP farming till I'm around 500k for the next whatever that comes out.

hermit7

Light and dark for the attribute benefits and the solid sub pool. Fire would probably work well also, you could basically mirror the Xiang Mei teams and blow things up except yamato would slot in and not have to worry about healer sub type.

Gadius, Yamato, Uriel, Urd. Man that's disgustingly strong now that I think about it. Inherit RRH on Myr.

Sanada for the board change with Urd and the orb ehnahce.

I still like XM though personally, and have inherits to blow past pretty much anything, just takes a bit to know stall points.

J0dy77

Sanada for the board change with Urd and the orb ehnahce.

I still like XM though personally, and have inherits to blow past pretty much anything, just takes a bit to know stall points.

Yeah, I'm still learning how to play Myr. The muscle memory clearly isn't there yet the way it is with XM. I jumped to the conclusion that XM was not that good after the first couple days and was drastically incorrect, not making the same mistake with Myr. I'm getting the hang of the cross matching and like you said, learning the stall points is key. If the board goes your way with light and hearts though, she walks over dungeons.

Bladelaw

My biggest complaint about multiplayer is the 1/2 stamina. Sometimes I just want to roll solo, I can clear stuff faster, have more lead and time flexibility, and if I fuck up it's on me.

But with 1/2 stamina costs on anything worth doing I feel like those perks aren't worth the opportunity cost of losing all the extra runs I could do. I like multiplayer in the game just fine, I think it's a great way to meet new folks playing the game (since no one local plays), but the heavy focus on multi makes it tough to enjoy solo when you know you're being really inefficient with stamina.

I like solo clearing tough content. I try to do all the challenge dungeons solo, I'm super proud of my solo Arena 1 clear but knowing I could knock out all the challenges in one go (with careful stamina management) coop versus only a few at a time solo is a real bummer. I'm hoping they'll do something about that. Coop still has plenty of benefits without halving stamina costs. People will still farm coop as it's WAY more efficient than running solo in longer dungeons. The extra HP safety net for annihilation level threats is also a solid motivator for multiplayer. Then there's the extra skill boosts and SBR benefits. All this is a long way of saying make everything 1/2 stamina. Multi has enough perks that doubling solo stamina efficiency on top of it is overkill.

ccbfan

How is everyone starting Coop plays?

Every time I start a game or look for a game there's no one.

Never really cared for Coop before but now when all the new content are near impossible SOLO and me being fortunate enough to have an ALB team, I feel like I need to get in the action.

Top Bottom