• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Jagernaut

Anyone here already max skilled Jize ? Thinking about farming Legelonte so i can maxskill Jize.

Best of Luck - i also just wanna be done with it tomorrow so better safe than sorry - which means ill need to do a couple more runs later.

I don't have Jize but I'm skilling up Mandrake and Laila. Let me know if you want to do some Legelonte runs.

linsivvi

I just got 4.6% on my first try, using ALB. I forgot to turn off the skill confirmations and shave off more time.

ALB hyper
Leeza
Sasuke
A Astaroth
Australis
ALB hyper

All max skilled. 1 skill every turn for kill.

Dios lead would be even faster because as long as you don't heal a row match works on most floors. Problem is it's much harder to find Dios leaders.

Currently stuck at 1.2%. Very tempted to keep trying.

linsivvi

HOLY BALLS! Akechi is getting an ult! WOOHOO! Now my Pandora team will be even....

wat?

He... he's God/Balanced? But what about his Devil type? It's... gone? Well, forget that, then.

It's split ult. What you saw is the leader version. The sub version is generally better with more awakenings.
2016-07-28_212654_zpsn6xpk9hs.png

Jagernaut

HOLY BALLS! Akechi is getting an ult! WOOHOO! Now my Pandora team will be even....

wat?

He... he's God/Balanced? But what about his Devil type? It's... gone? Well, forget that, then.

There are 2 Akechi ults. First one keeps God/Devil types and gets 2 more rows and 1 skillboost. Second one is God/Balanced with 2 dark orb enhance awakenings added and a different leader skill.

W-00

It's split ult. What you saw is the leader version. The sub version is generally better with more awakenings.

There are 2 Akechi ults. First one keeps God/Devil types and gets 2 more rows and 1 skillboost. Second one is God/Balanced with 2 dark orb enhance awakenings added and a different leader skill.

Oh. I'd seen that it was labeled leader version and figured there'd be a sub version, but thought it was coming later. In that case, back aboard the Akechi ult hype train!

Doing some analysis on how many blue fruits to hoard to max skill 4 Sumires from nothing. Based on the data collected from 4 Dios and a Myr I average about 48 feeds for 15 skill ups or a ~30% skill up rate. I need 20 total skill ups for 4 Sumires (I have three bubpys as insurance). To be "safe" I need about 67 Blue fruits to have a reasonable expectation of max skilling the system without dipping into bubpy insurance. So yeah I'll be chain running the daily today until I drop or hit that magic number. All other drops will be fed as hopeful 2x skill ups for Kaede and Tsubaki who I lack systems for. So if anyone wants to run I have a few solid teams but ALB/Dios is the most brainless speed run I have.

Hit me up on discord when you want to run it. I have 2 sumire's to skill and 2 tsubaki's (though 1 is nearly maxed). Going to put together a Sumire team once they're skilled.

Bladelaw

Hit me up on discord when you want to run it. I have 2 sumire's to skill and 2 tsubaki's (though 1 is nearly maxed). Going to put together a Sumire team once they're skilled.

Will do, I'm planning on stoning heavily tonight because I'm going to be working insane hours next week and the week after I'll be on vacation so no other real solid opportunity to farm Thursday before another skill rotation. A ALB/Dios team makes it pretty painless, it's more about paying attention and actually hitting your turn.

Kwhit10

Come on gungho I want to get the skill ups for Spica but the red flame dragon has dropped 6 out of 7 times. I hate split boss skill up Dungeons.

Will do, I'm planning on stoning heavily tonight because I'm going to be working insane hours next week and the week after I'll be on vacation so no other real solid opportunity to farm Thursday before another skill rotation. A ALB/Dios team makes it pretty painless, it's more about paying attention and actually hitting your turn.

Yeah, I've just been running it a few times with my alt to make sure I don't cap my stamina. I might spend a stone or two to refresh tonight. Dios would make it much more brainless. My first Sumire has been a real piece of shit to skill up, though I've never really focused on her completely. A bunch of random feeds and I've gotten one skill up.

Bladelaw

Well Tsubaki and Kaede are max skilled and I've banked 30 blue trifruits. I don't think it'll be enough for the whole system but it should put a good dent in skill ups.

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...a-gungho/island-luau-godfest/1356175671077688
Godfest announced
Forest Gala (Robin Hood)
3x pantheon
4x GFE
Day 1 indian gods
Day 2 three kingdoms
Gremory and ronove added

Parvati, Vritra, shiva, DQXQ, Cao Cao, and another Liu Bei would all be welcome additions.

jay23

Finally we get wood gala during a GF thanks to Robin Hood. Looks like I'll be rolling a couple of times for liu bei.

Is light carnival going to be back in the coin rotation any time soon? I haven't had the time to run it during this event but need to MS a couple of things.

W-00

Hm... I'd prefer the Three Kingdoms over the Indian Gods, but I'd prefer the Dragon Callers and the Norns over the Dragonbounds and the Odins, so... I suppose I'll sit this Godfest out and wait for one that more closely fits my needs (or waste my few stones in the Island REM).

So, are some of the Chinese Gods more likely to show up in the Rare Monster Infestation than others? I got Sakuya six times (for five gems, lousy gold drop...), Karin five times (four drops), and Haku once. I'm not complaining, because I finally got to Ult my Sumire and wake my Thor and I'm happy about both of those, but those seem like unlikely rates.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
As expected i got trolled.

Sumire #1

3/5
1/5
1/3

All good.

Sumire #2

0/5
2/5
0/5
2/5
0/1

One away from max skill...dammit.

At least i got Ars Nova and my first Scarlet max skilled - thats something. Even bigger news i freed up like 50 box spots.

PS. Spend around 200stam farming Legolonte with Jagernaut for Jize skillups...ended up getting 2 of them lol. At least i got a skillup from it.

linsivvi

At least i got Ars Nova and my first Scarlet max skilled - thats something. Even bigger news i freed up like 50 box spots.

PS. Spend around 200stam farming Legolonte with Jagernaut for Jize skillups...ended up getting 2 of them lol. At least i got a skillup from it.

I went 2/14 on Jize skillups, at which point I said fuck it and fed 3 piis to it. Happily farming Z8 now.

Went 5/19 on Maeda Keiji and 4/10 on Phact. That's pretty good.

Jagernaut

3/7 on Laila - max skilled
2/6 on Mandrake (don't have Jize)

Also finally made reincarnated Verche and finished Myr's final ultimate evolution. Just need 116 more pluses to hypermax.

Kreed

Decided to jump onto the Myr wagon now that I've started hitting walls with Neptune Dragon/Idunn & Idunna + Ryune/Blue Sonia + Blue Sonia teams. Only problem is I don't have a lot of light + heart makers. Right now my best light sub is Saria and the rest would be a situational/not optimal subs (note, when I list monster names, assume they are Awoken/their highest available evolution, I just don't want to type it out):

Amaterasu
Venus
Thor
Kirin
Light Metatron
Cinderella
Light Kali
Ra
Ariel
Vaan
Alcyone

I do have "free" options/junk like Moogle, Light Fruit Dragon, etc..., but I'd probably be better off working on another Myr.

Bladelaw

Decided to jump onto the Myr wagon now that I've started hitting walls with Neptune Dragon/Idunn & Idunna + Ryune/Blue Sonia + Blue Sonia teams. Only problem is I don't have a lot of light + heart makers. Right now my best light sub is Saria and the rest would be a situational/not optimal subs (note, when I list monster names, assume they are Awoken/their highest available evolution, I just don't want to type it out):

Amaterasu
Venus
Thor
Kirin
Light Metatron
Cinderella
Light Kali
Ra
Ariel
Vaan
Alcyone

I do have "free" options/junk like Moogle, Light Fruit Dragon, etc..., but I'd probably be better off working on another Myr.
Do not underestimate the power of Moogle.

That said, Venus is a super useful sub as a base for skill inheritance. Great awakenings and low cooldown. You're missing DQXQ/Wukong who are both insanely useful for her.

If you skilled Ra or Ariel you could slot snow white or Thumbelina on them as your bind clear. Given your listed options and no inherits I'd run something like:

Myr
Venus
Cinderella
Saria
<flex> where flex options would be Moogle (consistent heart making), Ra (true damage), Ariel (more light orbs and spike damage).

5/30 feeds on Sumire. Fuck skill ups. One done 3 to go. Sigh...

I went 4/5 to max my first Sumire on my first feed, then probably around 3/18 on Sumire #2 to finish one away from max. Not too bad, and definitely good enough to start really building my Sumire team. Up next is Andro skill ups, which have been a complete bitch for months.

Kreed

Do not underestimate the power of Moogle.

That said, Venus is a super useful sub as a base for skill inheritance. Great awakenings and low cooldown. You're missing DQXQ/Wukong who are both insanely useful for her.

If you skilled Ra or Ariel you could slot snow white or Thumbelina on them as your bind clear. Given your listed options and no inherits I'd run something like:

Myr
Venus
Cinderella
Saria
<flex> where flex options would be Moogle (consistent heart making), Ra (true damage), Ariel (more light orbs and spike damage).

Would be nice if the chibi DQXQ I have in my box could be used for something. I'll give Moogle a shot along with your other suggestions.

Bladelaw

Would be nice if the chibi DQXQ I have in my box could be used for something. I'll give Moogle a shot along with your other suggestions.

If you have a padherder or a box list there might be some inherits in there that would make solid substitutes. DQXQ is an amazing sub and pairs perfectly for a 1/2 light/heart board, if chibi's active is inheritable it also pairs with Apocalypse and Cecil.

Myr's sub pool is huge but it's not all light monsters. Moogle at 3 turns for 3 hearts is more useful than it initially sounds. Plenty of times I've found myself in a situation where I needed to stall and only had 2-4 hearts on the board and the next attack would kill me. Every time that happens and I'm not using Moogle I curse myself.

Jagernaut

Chibi DQXQ is from a special pal egg machine so she is not inheritable. Her active is great but her stats and awakenings are inferior. Still usable as a sub if you don't have the real DQ or Wukong.

Lyrian

They'll return every now and then, yeah. Luckily the vast majority of the really good stuff is non-collab.

A bit of a clarification here.

GungHo created collabs cycle back around on a regular basis or seasonally.

Non-GungHo created collabs may never leave Japan at all (likely), may reappear at a later date in different forms (ex: DC Universe + Batman Collabs becoming BvS collab, which will surely not repeat again in that form as the movie and DVD have been released), or may not repeat again because of expiring licenses (ex: Hello Kitty, Angry Birds, Evangelion?). Only a very few, like Fist of the North Star and Shinrabansho seem to repeat with any regularity on NA/EU.

Working on a Saria team cause I have some light subs ready to go and I like the play style. Need help on my last slot.
Myr, Wukong, Saria, A DQXQ

Was thinking of ama or Indra but it seems Liene is a popular a choice? I have some pys to burn so it will go to one of them.

Subs
Liene
Amaterasu
Indra
Rei Sirius
Wee jas
Raphael
Pollux
Ars Nova

Quantum

edit:

gonna spoiler post - was just gonna delete it, but I'll leave it - I'm sounding too down on the game, I think I've invested too much money in it and the meta has left me behind - the game is getting too expensive for me to play the way I wanted too, both in time and money and shouldn't have used the board to vent masked frustration.

- Saving stones for PAD island, NOW thinking against spending this year

- While I want to roll, I have to think about the ultimate they gave to Bikinitron, and gungho completely ignoring summer panda. Bikinitrons buff initially made me happy - I actually like the art better, but the leader skill is trash - I was hoping for some use, but as mentioned before even the 27x is locked if you are at full health unless you use an active from a sub. Really terrible design imho, and really is telling about the support gungho is providing to older unique pulls.

- The Special rems are unfortunately pretty useless, over my many active teams I only use one mob I've gotten from a special REM - and one I actually didn't spend any cash on.

- granted I'm hot or cold on the game, and really haven't kept up with the drastic multiplayer shift - while most disagree with me I think its kinda lame of gungho to punish players for not running co-op

before stating the obvious "nothings changed for the solo player", the change occurs when you make all co-op dungeons half stamina and then allow push button systems to farm high amounts of MP - who wouldn't want to change? - a good portion of my friends leads have become co-op leads which just sucks because I have less options.

Bladelaw

4 rolls.
DKali
Cursed Dragon
Parvati
And Tsubaki

Not bad. I don't need a third DKali so yay mp
And Parvati is really all I wanted today.

Yeah, I just got 2 during the 5x GF. I assume you can inherit the evo, since they're 4* base

According to padguide they are eligible.
Thanks!

- While I want to roll, I have to think about the ultimate they gave to Bikinitron, and gungho completely ignoring summer panda. Bikinitrons buff initially made me happy - I actually like the art better, but the leader skill is trash - I was hoping for some use, but as mentioned before even the 27x is locked if you are at full health unless you use an active from a sub. Really terrible design imho, and really is telling about the support gungho is providing to older unique pulls.

- The Special rems are unfortunately pretty useless, over my many active teams I only use one mob I've gotten from a special REM - and one I actually didn't spend any cash on.

- granted I'm hot or cold on the game, and really haven't kept up with the drastic multiplayer shift - while most disagree with me I think its kinda lame of gungho to punish players for not running co-op

before stating the obvious "nothings changed for the solo player", the change occurs when you make all co-op dungeons half stamina and then allow push button systems to farm high amounts of MP - who wouldn't want to change? - a good portion of my friends leads have become co-op leads which just sucks because I have less options.
The ridiculous power creep in the past year (and a half?) has a lot to do with your first point. Endgame viability is getting narrower and until Gungho decides to do a broad wave of buffs to bring older leads back into the discussion, the newer content is basically reserved for heart cross leads, MP cards, or coop play.

Special REMs have always been a whale trap and are rarely the best cards in the game but that's better than the alternative. Only reason I pull them is for the art, lower chances for worthless dupes, and the increasing value of special silver eggs.

I agree that the emphasis on coop has had a negative impact on solo gameplay but I'm not confident that Gungho has the intent nor the ability to reverse that trend. Especially in a game where nerfs are almost non-existent.

Bladelaw

I'm really happy with Parvati on Kaede. I'm looking for a bind clear option for the team as an inherit.

The team is currently:
Kaede
A. Parvati
Verdandi
Verdandi
Perseus

Parvati will inherit the bind clear.

Lmeta, Grodin, fairy tale girls, and a. Amaterasu are my best options to inherit.

W-00

YOLO roll on my alt: Balboa. Might be useful in the future, but not exactly something I was hoping for. Don't think the alt will be rolling again until the next PCGF.

The main, meanwhile, is just waiting to waste stones on the Island REM.

MiTYH

Did two pulls, and glad I did:

- Ceres (dupe)
- Parvati

I'm FAIRLY certain Parvati is the last one I need for my ultimate Bastet team. Actually, who would be best to take along out the following for a double Bastet team? I think I know the answer, but still:

- Awoken Parvati
- Perseus
- Ruel
- Kaede
- Awoken Meimei
- Awoken Ceres
- Awoken Susano

hermit7

Did two pulls, and glad I did:

- Ceres (dupe)
- Parvati

I'm FAIRLY certain Parvati is the last one I need for my ultimate Bastet team. Actually, who would be best to take along out the following for a double Bastet team? I think I know the answer, but still:

- Awoken Parvati
- Perseus
- Ruel
- Kaede
- Awoken Meimei
- Awoken Ceres
- Awoken Susano

Out of those Ceres.

Lyrian

The ridiculous power creep in the past year (and a half?) has a lot to do with your first point. Endgame viability is getting narrower and until Gungho decides to do a broad wave of buffs to bring older leads back into the discussion, the newer content is basically reserved for heart cross leads, MP cards, or coop play.

And that's really the crux of the issue.

PAD is a game that has performed exceptionally well for a mobile game in terms of longevity, but is well past its prime. Although the game still pulls in good numbers overall, it does not pull in anywhere the revenue that it once did, as it is a dated game by today's standards.

As GungHo seems to be unable to establish another game that has the pull of PAD, they have chosen the route of whale chasing to keep the numbers flowing. This logic shows up increasingly in creation of needed cards to clear top-end content that have sub 1% pull rates via gala exclusives, 8* collab pulls, and MP cards that generally require multiples of the same MP card (like XM). Now, GH is testing the waters for the 3rd generation of MP cards, at 500k points apiece to raise the bar even higher.

At some point, the peasants will revolt. I've long personally stopped chasing the rainbow and enjoying what I can clear with whatever I actually pull. PAD life is much more sane that way, even if there are a bunch of dungeons that I can't clear until whatever comes after Awokens (if at all, as GH is really stalling an dragging its feet more and more as they get closer to the end of the current pantheon card upgrade cycle).

b33r

And that's really the crux of the issue.

PAD is a game that has performed exceptionally well for a mobile game in terms of longevity, but is well past its prime. Although the game still pulls in good numbers overall, it does not pull in anywhere the revenue that it once did, as it is a dated game by today's standards.

As GungHo seems to be unable to establish another game that has the pull of PAD, they have chosen the route of whale chasing to keep the numbers flowing. This logic shows up increasingly in creation of needed cards to clear top-end content that have sub 1% pull rates via gala exclusives, 8* collab pulls, and MP cards that generally require multiples of the same MP card (like XM). Now, GH is testing the waters for the 3rd generation of MP cards, at 500k points apiece to raise the bar even higher.

At some point, the peasants will revolt. I've long personally stopped chasing the rainbow and enjoying what I can clear with whatever I actually pull. PAD life is much more sane that way, even if there are a bunch of dungeons that I can't clear until whatever comes after Awokens (if at all, as GH is really stalling an dragging its feet more and more as they get closer to the end of the current pantheon card upgrade cycle).

Yeah I don't chase cards, I did once for Rukia and still regret it. I can clear most content with the cards I have now. The second eschamali will make both my dark teams stronger now too. I do wish I would have pulled a Pandora by now though.

Top Bottom