• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

J0dy77

Myr is such a love/hate relationship type of card. She's always on the brink of clearing anything or wiping on any given turn due to trolling or bad matching, whatever. I've wiped a ton because of orb trolls, Cooldowns gones or just simply messing up the cross. If any of those things happen the run is over. It's a different and fun play style but I definitely prefer XM over her.

Myr is such a love/hate relationship type of card. She's always on the brink of clearing anything or wiping on any given turn due to trolling or bad matching, whatever. I've wiped a ton because of orb trolls, Cooldowns gones or just simply messing up the cross. If any of those things happen the run is over. It's a different and fun play style but I definitely prefer XM over her.

Just finished my Myr team and i agree with you. I enjoy her a lot but one mistake and you are done. My 50k XM team is a beast at clearing content I normally wouldn't be able to otherwise. Are we friends?

b33r

My teams on my JP account were having problems with Myr dungeon. Finished maxing my 2 Sumires and used them, Gabriel, summurd, and Orochi with a Sumire friend. First time trying a heart cross team on a hard dungeon. It worked though it took a long time. Dunno if I want to farm it with that team.

Now starting the process of uvoing her... Almost done on NA and I guess it gives me something to do on the JP account, but man she's a pain to do. Will need to awaken DQXQ as well on that account. I need a good light team and that will make two eventually.

My teams on my JP account were having problems with Myr dungeon. Finished maxing my 2 Sumires and used them, Gabriel, summurd, and Orochi with a Sumire friend. First time trying a heart cross team on a hard dungeon. It worked though it took a long time. Dunno if I want to farm it with that team.

Now starting the process of uvoing her... Almost done on NA and I guess it gives me something to do on the JP account, but man she's a pain to do. Will need to awaken DQXQ as well on that account. I need a good light team and that will make two eventually.

Yeah I need to chain run Myr on JP too and don't have ALB. Sad times

Quantum

These Z8 runs on stream are painful to watch.

forgot there was a stream tonight - not sure why they have a us stream actually - fake quote - we aren't able to say when this will come to the US, but here is a free thing that was given away six months ago on the jpn server.

as an aside - I'm glad a bunch of gaf players have come to the dark side (running 297 blue myrs) - its a pleasure to play - I agree not as stable as orchid, but so much fun.

given the statistics from my FL its likely that gungho hit a home run with charging 500k mp - it wiped most whales and sets up a new farming clientele.

Lyrian

These Z8 runs on stream are painful to watch.

Nowhere near as bad as watching Mantastic having to endure 4 runs to clear Star Justice with Antonio. Even more laughable that the other team couldn't even make it past the third floor at all, period.

coy

Nowhere near as bad as watching Mantastic having to endure 4 runs to clear Star Justice with Antonio. Even more laughable that the other team couldn't even make it past the third floor at all, period.
Yeah I was gonna edit my post to add that but I was just too dumbfounded by what was happening.

linsivvi

Could've been 4 stones and 4 tamas instead of +297 tama. Oh well.

According to PADX the update next Tuesday will be 9.3.1, not 9.3. That means badges are in, and 11 free stones (from completing missions).

Okamid3n

Damn, I rolled Beach Eschamali on my third roll. My best blue team is I&I/Ryune though, which is outdated by now. But wow.

It's doubly funny since the only reason I'm rolling this REM is for the four-star Goemon. Rolls for a 4-star, gets Eschamali.

Bladelaw

So I finally found a consistent team to solo clear star justice (long ass road trip).

Myr(snow white), academy snow white, wedding Satsuki, Apocalypse, Verdandi.

Floor 1 cross +light combo, eat the awakening bind, match 3 more light or cross and off color match to get him out of burnout.t hen cherry tap once the awakening bind is over. I usually use Verdandi here for the tap kill.

Floor 2 just smack him down. If you have enough hearts you can still take him out while bound.

Floor 3, academy snow white

Floor 4, enjoy the free hearts, he has a ton of HP so just keep hitting him before the shining rail cannon kills you.

Floor 5 kill, cross and TPA should do it.

Floor 6, you can stall for skills here if needed but kill him as quick as you can

Floor 7, cross every turn when able. 3+4 light combo will activate his shield and depending on +'s drop his resolve. From there blow Apocalypse and kill him.

This is 3 for 3 on mythical. L+ isn't worth the stress. I have enough Star Justice dupes for a machine Athena evo, another justice evo, and a machine athena sub. That's enough for me. Once I have a solid idea of how I can coop this I'll start looking for another justice.

linsivvi

Star Justice L+ co-op using Myr is pretty safe as long as your partner has a clue of what's going on. I usually use gravity on floor 1 and on floor 3 I just slow grind it since it turns junk into heart every other turn anyway.

I gave up on looking for Another Justice given how rare it drops. Rare boss on descend is a terrible trend that needs to die.

Bladelaw

Star Justice L+ co-op using Myr is pretty safe as long as your partner has a clue of what's going on. I usually use gravity on floor 1 and on floor 3 I just slow grind it since it turns junk into heart every other turn anyway.

I gave up on looking for Another Justice given how rare it drops. Rare boss on descend is a terrible trend that needs to die.
Agreed. I'm just not going to bother unless they become evo mats. And I really hope that doesn't happen.

Kreed

Tried the Star Justice dungeon a few times solo with my blue team(s) (Blue Sonia/Idunn and Idunna, Motonari, Orochi, Midgard, Andromeda, Blue Sonia/Ryune) before finally taking a shot at it with my Myr team and clearing it (almost annoyingly) easily. Moogle (thank you Bladelaw) was the star of the team, with Okuninushi and Amaterasu filling out colors while playing back up when Moogle wasn't active. Thankfully it was the blue one that dropped, so I just got my stone and I can move on from that annoying dungeon.

Bladelaw

Tried the Star Justice dungeon a few times solo with my blue team(s) (Blue Sonia/Idunn and Idunna, Motonari, Orochi, Midgard, Andromeda, Blue Sonia/Ryune) before finally taking a shot at it with my Myr team and clearing it (almost annoyingly) easily. Moogle (thank you Bladelaw) was the star of the team, with Okuninushi and Amaterasu filling out colors while playing back up when Moogle wasn't active. Thankfully it was the blue one that dropped, so I just got my stone and I can move on from that annoying dungeon.

Glad you got blue justice. Ive been running it all day with no luck. I'm half way to a max skill one at least.

Anyone want to run group E star thieves with me US East 10pm. I have either 16 skill boosts or the button team. If I'm running the button team I need a partner with 14 skill boosts or 12 skill boosts and a skilled goemon

Discord is Bladelaw#6504

I can join other groups too just let me know.

Ok so I bought the "one-time" deal thing in the magic stone shop (I don't mind spending money) and got Isis from the machine. I get the sense that she's not very powerful but I should still hold onto her, is that accurate?

I still need to get better subs for my verdandi team as she's the only real leader I have :(

Back in the day Isis was a very beginner-friendly rainbow leader, and her fast-charging "cleric" skill that cleared binds made her a super important sub on many teams.

These days her Awoken form has a very rare color combination that makes her an invaluable sub on endgame rainbow teams, not to mention her cleric ability is still good.

W-00

Ok so I bought the "one-time" deal thing in the magic stone shop (I don't mind spending money) and got Isis from the machine. I get the sense that she's not very powerful but I should still hold onto her, is that accurate?

I still need to get better subs for my verdandi team as she's the only real leader I have :(

Speaking as someone who started off with Isis, her usefulness depends on where you are in the game. She's one of the best "starting off" leaders in the game and can lead a rainbow team quite well until Starlight Sanctuary (one of the last normal dungeons). Pair her with something like Yuna, and she can even lead you through some of the easier descends. I actually used Verdandi as an Isis sub up until I basically stopped using my Isis team.

Even after she stops being a viable leader, her awoken form is still a powerful sub in the right team (she's considered nigh-essential for Ra, for example).

Kreed

If it comes out of the REM, it's a gold egg, and you don't already have it you should keep it IMO. Even if something you pull isn't useful for you now and collect dusts in your box for months/years (looking at you Lakshmi and Vritra) it will probably be updated in the future to the point where it becomes a sought after lead (recent example: The DC collab monsters).

J0dy77

Just finished my Myr team and i agree with you. I enjoy her a lot but one mistake and you are done. My 50k XM team is a beast at clearing content I normally wouldn't be able to otherwise. Are we friends?

Not sure, what's your in game name? Send me an invite 391130292 if not.

Not sure, what's your in game name? Send me an invite 391130292 if not.

Added you. IGN is Count. Have a penta maxed XM, YomiD and Myr(working on those skill ups).

Anyone else looking forward to Ace Bastet.I miss having a combo lead and though I know she won't be able to clear everything it will be nice to have a fun glass cannon to wreck stuff with.

My team.

Lyrian

The Star Justice dungeon can go die in a dumpster file that is pushed off a very tall cliff.

That dungeon sucks on so many levels and has so many traps that its almost a giant F U to everyone on almost every floor :/

When it debuted I think I called it "literally every bullshit gimmick GungHo has ever made stuffed into one dungeon"

I actually got pretty far solo on Legend+, but I think my NA account is getting to the point where it can't clear endgame content anymore.

If my team is:

Verdandi (not ulted yet, I need the masks, but maxed awoken)

-Wild Flowerdragon, Howling Brachys (lvl/awoken maxed)
-King Woodsie (lvl/awoken maxed)
-Flame Armor Ogre (lvl/awoken maxed)
-Earth Baron (lvl 80, not awoken)

should I replace someone with a lvl 24 max awoken "Soul-Judging God of Dark Riches, Osiris"? I think Flame Armor Ogre is the right call to be replaced because its active does nothing, it's not Balanced so the Woodsie active doesn't synergize, and the two awoken skills are meh comparatively.

Or should I wait and level him more? I don't know, I just wanted some box space so I evolved him to his ult and blew a ton of Tamadras on him.

Lyrian

When it debuted I think I called it "literally every bullshit gimmick GungHo has ever made stuffed into one dungeon"

I actually got pretty far solo on Legend+, but I think my NA account is getting to the point where it can't clear endgame content anymore.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure you did, lol.

It's a fairly soul crushing dungeon, even on "lowly" Mythical. So many death traps everywhere. Enemy autoheals hidden with attacks into restoring deadly resolves. Awakening binds into skill binds into then impossible to win damage races. Rageblows that can't be taken by full pentamax tank teams with a damn ASusano shield up (WTH?). And so on and so forth... meh.

In reality, the dungeon is tuned for multiplayer. Running it solo is completely pain and at least one difficulty tier higher than listed (mythical should be really be L+). Last I recalled, Mythical doesn't have mobs that have 6.6, 6.8, and 8.7(9.5) million HP. Those are L+, if not M+ scaled numbers. (The L+ HP values are ludicrous, with the bosses' two forms totaling 21 million health.)

Never felt so worthless with a pentamax team before. Guess I better get back to working on trying to get a working penta APanda team together before that falls off the deep end too. At leasy 297s rain like candy thanks to power creep.

Cleared Mythical once and not going back anytime soon.

25x with rows is probably the absolute floor nowadays for these descends and probably wants 36x or better to avoid being laughed at. Thanks, power creep.

Ducarmel

If my team is:

Verdandi (not ulted yet, I need the masks, but maxed awoken)

-Wild Flowerdragon, Howling Brachys (lvl/awoken maxed)
-King Woodsie (lvl/awoken maxed)
-Flame Armor Ogre (lvl/awoken maxed)
-Earth Baron (lvl 80, not awoken)

should I replace someone with a lvl 24 max awoken "Soul-Judging God of Dark Riches, Osiris"? I think Flame Armor Ogre is the right call to be replaced because its active does nothing, it's not Balanced so the Woodsie active doesn't synergize, and the two awoken skills are meh comparatively.

Or should I wait and level him more? I don't know, I just wanted some box space so I evolved him to his ult and blew a ton of Tamadras on him.
Osiris stats alone makes it worth replacing any of those subs.

I would work to replace all those farmable subs you have now. The better farmable options for Verdandi team are, RD Chulainn, Armadel, Kaguya-Hime, Reincarnated Ancient Dragon Knight, and Medjedra. These cards have better stats, better awakenings, fast green orb creation, orb enhance, and damage reduction skills.

thanks, I guess I'll just wait for those dungeons to roll around

I got to the Legendary Dragons' Footprints in the Normal section and am blowing through them really easily (and because of the xp boost I've gained 6 ranks), so I'm hopeful that I can do some of these Special dungeons at some point.

W-00

Felt lucky and decided to make another pull on the Island REM. Result: Wetatron. I know a lot of people are down on her, but I'm happy to have her. She covers the B/L bind-clearing healer slot better than Shining Isis (one more turn of cooldown in exchange for more healing and more bind-reduction), plus she has the heart-row bind-clearing, so I'll probably finally switch my Isis to her Awoken form.

Also pulled Awilda. At least I didn't have her already.

Decided to go all in on Beach Lak. I'll build the team out, see how it goes and compare it to Sumire. It's a pretty nice not having to make the 5 clear to do damage. I'm going to look for a BMyr to use my BF on. I'm playing a lot more solo than I used to, so I actually have to work on my friends list again.

Anyone runs BMyr, B. Lak, or Sumire, feel free to add me. 302,982,304

My Sumire team is complete shite, but paired with a beach Myr I'm clearing all sorts of content I was having trouble with previously

Cross heart meta the new stall meta

W-00

Akechi skill ups in dark carnival must be a myth. I am not seeing them.

Probably. Dark Shibamaru isn't listed as being in it on PADX. Sure you aren't getting it confused with the Wood and Dark Dog Dragon and Fire and Shadow Dog Dragon dungeons?

b33r

Akechi skill ups in dark carnival must be a myth. I am not seeing them.

Yeah, I checked Reddit and no one has seen one yet. There are some saying they might get added in midway through as it happened before. We'll see I suppose, would like to skill up my dupe Akechi.

Ducarmel

Does anybody else feel like they get a lot of high dragons and almost no super king dragon invades when farming guerilla dungeon in multiplayer.

edit:Of course typical rng, right after I complain about this 2 runs in a row super king dragon invades and king gold dragon dropping instead of high king.

edit: One more Rant

I think the rng for full board changers can get a little ridiculous. Just popped Verdandi and got 3 green orbs that is bullshit and should not happen at all. I think full board changers should guarantee around 7-12 orbs of their main attribute - 2 for 5x4 and + 2 for 7x6 board

Bladelaw

So I had no business clearing the Agni Challenge but Myr is strong as fuck (big shock). I managed to stall through his combo shield because I suck despite having three full board changers up. Stalled through his 10 turn 300k damage shield because combos magically started skyfalling for me pushing me over the damage threshold. Then when it looks like he ran out of tricks I fail the kill shot so he puts up his 50% damage shield. Finally I kill his ass with a Myr/Elia combo. So GG me I guess?

Jagernaut

So I had no business clearing the Agni Challenge but Myr is strong as fuck (big shock). I managed to stall through his combo shield because I suck despite having three full board changers up. Stalled through his 10 turn 300k damage shield because combos magically started skyfalling for me pushing me over the damage threshold. Then when it looks like he ran out of tricks I fail the kill shot so he puts up his 50% damage shield. Finally I kill his ass with a Myr/Elia combo. So GG me I guess?

I just beat Agni with ALB coop, one shot the boss with an Avalon Drake active on the first turn. Easy.

Bladelaw

I just beat Agni with ALB coop, one shot the boss with an Avalon Drake active on the first turn. Easy.
I try to solo challenges first, coop is if I need help or plan on farming. I like when the challenges are legitimate instead of Star Justice level of bullshit. Playing any other team I have I would have been wrecked 3 times over.

I'm on vacation so I'm not being efficient with my stamina (because...well vacation).

Cleared Myr solo with Sumire/Byr, time to farm her till the end of time. Does anybody on JP have one so I can get more runs? None of my BFFs seem to have her.

Also, I am now feeling the regret from neglecting to skill up Snow White for the like three years I've had the opportunity to

J0dy77

Cleared Myr solo with Sumire/Byr, time to farm her till the end of time. Does anybody on JP have one so I can get more runs? None of my BFFs seem to have her.

Also, I am now feeling the regret from neglecting to skill up Snow White for the like three years I've had the opportunity to

Picked up 8 more Myr yesterday with 4 skillups left. I'm eagerly awaiting my disappointment.

Jagernaut

Game is back up, Awoken Cao Cao and ults for Sarasvati, Antares, Pollux, and Castor should be up (don't have any of them myself).

Badges and other rewards are under Other-Quests.

Edit. Rerunning same dungeon in coop with same teams is now possible.

PSA. Linthia is at 1.5x exp today, I got 87k exp from running myth coop for 25 stamina.

Top Bottom