• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Would it make sense to +297 another ADQXQ? Is she a decent sub for her own team.

I should find another team to play.

I wouldn't think she'd be needed on her own team. Maybe you could use 2 on Myr but I haven't seen that yet.

Really want to evolve my Sumire and start building a team, but I need to skill up both my Sumire's and my andro so it's not really worth it at this point. Just want to get in on the heart cross meta :(.

W-00

Thanks to multiplayer and Awoken Pandora, I've managed to clear the first four dragon challenges. Just Gran Reverse remains. And of course, the light jewel I need for my Sumire is behind that challenge.

Hm, I was under the impression that Gran Reverse was a particularly difficult descend, but looking at it, maybe not. Would a typical A. Panda team-up be enough to clear it?

Really want to evolve my Sumire and start building a team, but I need to skill up both my Sumire's and my andro so it's not really worth it at this point. Just want to get in on the heart cross meta :(.

Remember: the blue fruits will have Sumire's skill after the rotation, so if you've got the fruits, it might become more worth it. I was cursing my luck at drawing blue fruit after blue fruit, but my Sumire might soon be happy. As soon as there's another increased skill-up event, that is.

b33r

Thanks to multiplayer and Awoken Pandora, I've managed to clear the first four dragon challenges. Just Gran Reverse remains. And of course, the light jewel I need for my Sumire is behind that challenge.

Hm, I was under the impression that Gran Reverse was a particularly difficult descend, but looking at it, maybe not. Would a typical A. Panda team-up be enough to clear it?

Remember: the blue fruits will have Sumire's skill after the rotation, so if you've got the fruits, it might become more worth it. I was cursing my luck at drawing blue fruit after blue fruit, but my Sumire might soon be happy. As soon as there's another increased skill-up event, that is.

I used Yomi Dragon too clear Sonia Gran, so I would think panda could do it. I don't have her, but she's rated higher than Yomi Dragon these days.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So yeah...did my first MP hunting day yesterday with Scarlet M+. Worked out pretty well - i have the regular ALB(Ra Active), 3 Dios, Uevo Beorc/Rodin setup to team up with other ALBs - as well as 3x Dios, Unbind if im teaming up with Perseus, which worked out pretty well at the end.

Made a couple thousand MP yesterday, so thats what im continuing to do. Next attempt will be Linthia tomorrow. The only thing that sucks right now...my box is kinda full and i need a skill up event to get rid some of the fruits i saved up for Sumire lol.

Im def. into the MP COOP Meta. Today will be all about exp dragon to max my Myr team. Talking about Myr. My current team setup is 2x Wukong, ADQXQ and Apoc. Is this still the preferred setup ? I really like it so far but have seen a couple people mention that using a dupe Apoc would be even better. So 2x Wukong or 2x. Apocs ?
Glad to hear your PAD problem was temporary even with that workaround.

I like that the new ranking dungeon is rewarding shynpy and badly at only 20%. I'll just go for those and call it a day.
Heh yeah thanks - just made it right in time to finish the Exp Dungeon and Daily Tamadra Dungeon for 1 stone each. Glad that is just reflashed everything...1-2 days later and i probably would have missed out on that +297 Tamadra as well :eek:

PS. Shypys are needed right now with everyone working on their Myr Setups. Ill give the Ranking Dungeon a try this weekend.
I'm debating where to put the free 297. Might just drop it on Pandora to give me some incentive to build out that team. Seems most MP players run her.
True - thats also the only reason i hypered mine....i dont play her often but in Multi/Discord, especially pre-ALB she was always the go to lead if you werent sure about it. Its kinda expected to have her or Luci lol.
I'm sitting on 3 297 mules. I have some choices on where to slot these into and I'm looking for suggestions.
Myr team can absolutely make use of a 297 moogle both as a base for SI and as a low cooldown heart maker. Baal is the only other sub that makes much sense that I have (ADQXQ where are you!?).

Lucifer could make use of a 297'ed D/R Haku, and 297'ed Eschamali for the standard arena team. (Lucifer, Yomidragon, D/R Haku, Akechi, Eschamali) and my alt has a hyper Luci already.

You Yu would benefit from a 297'ed Nut and 297'ed Isis (mostly for HP thresholds)

I have all the parts of a Sumire system (4 Sumires and Isis lol) and none of them are +297'ed. I could burn 1 on Isis and the other 2 on Sumires (lead and one more obv)

Those are my top contenders right now. I'm leaning toward Moogle, Isis, and Sumire as my three, but Eschamali, Haku, Lucifer is also a strong choice.
Obv. im biased because i run Sumire/YY - but you hypering those water units would make sense since they can be used on multiple teams. Nut is a great sub can be used on Sumire/YY, Sumire/Nut/Isis are great subs on YY and so on. So i would agree with those 3 choices... i pulled Escha a while ago as well - she is awesome because of her Awakenings boosting the team damage alone for nearly 20% but i havent really felt the need to hyper her yet - it just wouldnt make a big difference on any team i play right now.

I dont know quite about Moogle sure the awakenings can be useful and he is a solid SI target...but those atk stats. Couldnt you use somone like A.Venus for Skill Inheritance ? Do you even need one more low cd heartmaker when likely every other sub of you will be some kind of heartmaker?

PS: (Semi)Sumire system will be awesome.

Bladelaw

Obv. im biased because i run Sumire/YY - but you hypering those water units would make sense since they can be used on multiple teams. Nut is a great sub can be used on Sumire/YY, Sumire/Nut/Isis are great subs on YY and so on. So i would agree with those 3 choices... i pulled Escha a while ago as well - she is awesome because of her Awakenings boosting the team damage alone for nearly 20% but i havent really felt the need to hyper her yet - it just wouldnt make a big difference on any team i play right now.

I dont know quite about Moogle sure the awakenings can be useful and he is a solid SI target...but those atk stats. Couldnt you use somone like A.Venus for Skill Inheritance ? Do you even need one more low cd heartmaker when likely every other sub of you will be some kind of heartmaker?

PS: (Semi)Sumire system will be awesome.
Venus needs skill ups so she's still not a good target. Running moogle with 3 SDR means you always have access to hearts. Since I lack ADQXQ I'm missing a major heart maker and need to make up for it somewhere. Ideally I'll switch to Venus(saria) once they're skilled up.

cw_sasuke

Two things,

anyone know when we did the Beach Gacha last year ? I know its a trap but i think im gonna pull twice and hoping for something useful.

Secondly, played some more with Myr - so ADQXQ is a staple sub....but man Apoc hits way harder than her esp once you use ass in TPAs. Wouldnt it be better to use a dupe Apoc instead ADQXQ ? Sure his cd is a bit longer but he also has Haste. One reason to bring along ADQXQ is that she can further improve a Apoc board if you need to hit really hard....but otherwise she seems a bit lackluster with her lack of TPA compared to Myr, Wukong and Apoc. Am i missing something ?

Venus needs skill ups so she's still not a good target. Running moogle with 3 SDR means you always have access to hearts. Since I lack ADQXQ I'm missing a major heart maker and need to make up for it somewhere. Ideally I'll switch to Venus(saria) once they're skilled up.

Thanks to running exp Dragons i have my Myr team nearly max leveled - played a bit more with her and i can see now why Moogle would make a nice sub on that team. Being able to correct boards or just defend via cross heart without having to use one of the "bigger" actives is pretty nice. Sometimes you just have to burn more actives or you screw up a combo..waiting at least 8 turns for the other orb changers can be an issue.

Edit:

New Uevos (Indra,Vritra,Lu Bu) will be available after the Maintenace in addition to the evo skill change

https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-europe/new-content-update-108/891559837614990

W-00

Fairly productive day. I've got the start of a basic Liu Bei team: three Zeus Dios and an Avalon Drake, so I farmed Hera-Beorc for skill-ups. With her giving bonus EXP, I was at a point where I could just keep farming her on mythical in multiplayer and just keep leveling up. But not many people wanted to farm it with me (some would show up, see that I was using Pandora (which I said in the room invite!) and then check out), so I only ended up getting eleven runs in. At least that's only 11 Hera's cluttering my box until the next increased skill-up event.

Not quite sure why I'm bothering, though. Despite having the guts, I don't actually have the head of the team. No Liu Bei for me, or even a Perseus. Closest thing I've got is Australis. Am I crazy for thinking I might be able to make that work? I mean, obviously she wouldn't be as good, but she'd still be viable in most cases, right?

anyone know when we did the Beach Gacha last year ? I know its a trap but i think im gonna pull twice and hoping for something useful.

August 17-30, according to an old thread on PADX.

cw_sasuke

cw_sasuke

Ouch :( For some reason I thought it started today :(

Man that sucks - but the Banner will always say "skill up" etc. if the event is active. I hope you can farm the Thursday dungeon without too much issues - so you can finish max skilling them soonish.

Bladelaw

So...is anyone available to run Star Thieves Treasure Den with me during group E (12pm US EAST)?

I need either 14 skill boosts, or 13 and a skilled Goemon Partner (mine needs 1 more skill up to match Rodin)

It's during my lunch time so I can dump 30 minutes into it. I might be able to sneak away for a few minutes during the other groups as well but no promises.

coy

Wow Linthia 1.5x XP today. Go nuts!

A Vritra, A Indra and Ult Ult Lu Bu are up. That helps easing my box space a bit.
This XP bonus is phenomenal! Been running the dungeon for a bit this morning. I hope this is a normal thing going forward.

linsivvi

This XP bonus is phenomenal! Been running the dungeon for a bit this morning. I hope this is a normal thing going forward.
Yeah. I am past the point of being able to chain rank rogue dungeons normally but this will enable me to do so for a day. This is simply MP heaven.

Bladelaw

Well I managed to sneak in +174 before having to go back to work. Given how easy it is to run and the (hopeful) fact that it's around every week I think I'm going to go whole hog and 297 the Sumire system. I'm comfortable with making the cross +5OE and with 5 Sumire's there's a max of 1 turn down time if I need to pop everyone which is incredibly unlikely. The cross + Isis shield is enough to tank Kali's big hit and I can put Lmeta/Fairy tale on Isis for bigger bind clearing duty till that point.

Next step is to burn the treads on the Thursday dungeon. I have all the dragon callers so any trifruit is a boon but blue's are obviously preferred until all the Sumire's are maxed out. So if anyone is looking for a coop partner to run Thursday let me know. I can bring pretty much any meta lead, but ALB is obviously fastest.

Which latents should I put on the team assuming Arena is my primary activity with this team? HP, Dark, and Light latents are what I'm thinking but I'm not sure how many. SDR is also an option I suppose.

Jagernaut

So...is anyone available to run Star Thieves Treasure Den with me during group E (12pm US EAST)?

I need either 14 skill boosts, or 13 and a skilled Goemon Partner (mine needs 1 more skill up to match Rodin)

It's during my lunch time so I can dump 30 minutes into it. I might be able to sneak away for a few minutes during the other groups as well but no promises.

I saw this too late, ran 11 times with natural stamina for 110 plus eggs. I wasn't even planning on plussing 3 Dios but I've gotten so many plus eggs recently that I've hypered 2 Dios and I'm close to finishing the 3rd.

nbegWkl.jpg

Bladelaw

Yeah I'm hoping this continues to be a weekly thing. I get why some folks aren't super happy about it (In my day it took months to hyper something and we liked it!) but in terms of helping players keep up with power creep and encouraging multiplayer I think it's a resounding success.

Right now I'm planning on hypering the following teams in order (more so I can remember later):

Sumire system + Isis
Moogle
Lucifer, D/R Haku, Eschamali
Kaede, Verdandi, Verdandi, Vishnu, Perseus (man I wish I had Parvati), Flex Thumbelina

Ideally if I can get my arena consistency down with the Sumire system I can just farm Pys. Given that I've seen sumire clear Arena 3 I'm hoping my meager skills will let me clear Arena 1.

Jagernaut

Are you talking about solo or coop arena? I still haven't cleared Arena 1, I should prepare a team for it. My best bets are probably A Pandora, Yomi Dragon, or Myr.

Bladelaw

Are you talking about solo or coop arena? I still haven't cleared Arena 1, I should prepare a team for it. My best bets are probably A Pandora, Yomi Dragon, or Myr.

Solo for the achievement also since Arena takes a while and I may get called away to help with kids I don't want to inconvenience someone else.

That said if I had a partner I'd do what I could to stick around unless something real bad was happening. I have a Myr team I took almost all the way but ran out of steam at Grisar (Wukong wasn't max skilled). Given the opportunity I'm pretty sure a coop Myr run would be pretty painless. You could tank DQ Hera and Kali, twice as many actives to work with, but potentially much more stalling which could lead to skyfall trolling (Cross heart plus skyfall light killing your target).

hermit7

If you need someone to run 1 with I could do it with panda.

May be around later today if you would like.

ccbfan

Whats a good 1 player ALB team (Yes I know it shines as a two player team)

I have have 3 max skills Zeus DIOS and one L10 skill Zeus Dios.

What I've been doing so far is use

ALB
ZD
ZD
ZD
Christmas green healer girl(Max skilled menace)

ALB

So 11 skill boost. Start battle (if no shield) with Menence and I'm now 2 turns away from ZD active. The two ALB actives would cover the next two turns if needed. Then 3 straight SD Actives for 20 mil plus damage each.

My only real weakness is damage shields (which there's nothing I can do about), Combo shields (I try to save ALB actives for those) and Skill Binds which I have no solution for.

Bladelaw

Whats a good 1 player ALB team (Yes I know it shines as a two player team)

I have have 3 max skills Zeus DIOS and one L10 skill Zeus Dios.

What I've been doing so far is use

ALB
ZD
ZD
ZD
Christmas green healer girl(Max skilled menace)

ALB

So 11 skill boost. Start battle (if no shield) with Menence and I'm now 2 turns away from ZD active. The two ALB actives would cover the next two turns if needed. Then 3 straight SD Actives for 20 mil plus damage each.

My only real weakness is damage shields (which there's nothing I can do about), Combo shields (I try to save ALB actives for those) and Skill Binds which I have no solution for.

There's a few issues with this team as a general purpose team. Most descends will expect you to be prepared with 100% skill bind resistance. Dios has none and neither does Liu Bei. What you want for a Liu Bei team is a bunch of hard hitting low cooldown green orb generators with haste.

To hit 5 SBR awakenings you need at least 1 sub with 2 SBR and the rest of your subs with 1 SBR.

2 SBR green subs with low cooldowns:
Perseus
Spica
(Longer cooldown option is Freyja)

Then pretty much any subs with 1 SBR. of which there are too many to list.
Solid Liu Bei options:
Verdandi
Vishnu
Algedi
Hanuman (massive pain to skill up, no SBR but great awakenings and super low cooldown)

To do any meaningful damage with Liu Bei you need to use a skill and get a large blob of green orbs. An Australis Active inherited on someone like Algedi or Hanuman is super useful. Vishnu overs a solid gap too so you always have increased wood orb drops.

Kwhit10

There's a few issues with this team as a general purpose team. Most descends will expect you to be prepared with 100% skill bind resistance. Dios has none and neither does Liu Bei. What you want for a Liu Bei team is a bunch of hard hitting low cooldown green orb generators with haste.

To hit 5 SBR awakenings you need at least 1 sub with 2 SBR and the rest of your subs with 1 SBR.

2 SBR green subs with low cooldowns:
Perseus
Spica
(Longer cooldown option is Freyja)

Then pretty much any subs with 1 SBR. of which there are too many to list.
Solid Liu Bei options:
Verdandi
Vishnu
Algedi
Hanuman (massive pain to skill up, no SBR but great awakenings and super low cooldown)

To do any meaningful damage with Liu Bei you need to use a skill and get a large blob of green orbs. An Australis Active inherited on someone like Algedi or Hanuman is super useful. Vishnu overs a solid gap too so you always have increased wood orb drops.

My 100%SB ALB/ALB or sometimes I do Sylvie/ALB is
Spica, verdandi, avalon Drake, marine rider.

I used this to speed farm hera-beorc for Dios skill ups.

Lyrian

UUevo LuBu just schooled my Sylvie's 2661 ATK, clocking in at an absolutely silly 2903 ATK.

Is that the highest ATK in the game at the moment on a single card?

Lyrian

Uvo Lu Bu is #8 in atk. Here is the top 5.

Edit. Machine Athena hyper and with all atk latents has 3,278 atk.

Thanks for the info.

All of those cards except UEvo Castor are mono-attribute, which explains their higher ATK. Castor edges out Lu Bu, but at significant expense to his HP. Then again, that is comparing a standard UEvo to a UUEvo.

Perhaps LuBu is a Bodin situation. He has exceptional stats for a bi-attribute card (840) + unbindable + bind clearing, in exchange for a rather awkward active?

W-00

Awoken Pandora keeps surprising me with how strong she is. Managed to find someone who was willing to go through Kouryuu with me and we basically just plowed through it. So far, my team's only real weakness seems to be a lack of skill-ups, and everyone but Akechi requires Badpys... Arena is probably still out of my range, and the first alt dungeon requires no dupes, which my team uses, so I guess I'll be making an attempt at farming the phantom beasts tomorrow and hoping for the best. Even if no Badpys showup/drop, the team should at least be strong enough to get me some gems.

b33r

Got to 4% on ranking dungeon in NA, should hold for top 10%, not going for a crown after the pain last one. Got to 8% on JP, hopefully it holds, need the last quest badge.

J0dy77

Got to 4% on ranking dungeon in NA, should hold for top 10%, not going for a crown after the pain last one. Got to 8% on JP, hopefully it holds, need the last quest badge.

What team did you use? I don't have a solid wood team for this, struggling to break top 20 with Myr.

Bladelaw

What team did you use? I don't have a solid wood team for this, struggling to break top 20 with Myr.

Myr is tough in ranking dungeons with a lot of preempts. I used You Yu and got ~5% just making 5 matches and 5+3 for the more robust enemies. I used Wadatsumi for my burst (Skuld). You need a little bit of skyfall luck and quick actives to keep yourself fed.

Kwhit10

I don't have my but was just playing with a friend myr and was getting 7x for doing nothing when I missed a cross. Is it just a free 7x for doing nothing? Or do you need the cross for the 7x and defense?

ZeroAKA

I don't have my but was just playing with a friend myr and was getting 7x for doing nothing when I missed a cross. Is it just a free 7x for doing nothing? Or do you need the cross for the 7x and defense?
All cross boosts carry onto the next floor if the enemy didn't use any preemptives and you sweep the floor in one turn. A easy way to tell is by looking for the flashing "DEF" on the heart icon to the left of your HP bar.

MiTYH

FINALLY Guan Yinping comes back on descends. Been waiting about a month for her, I can finally awaken my Meimei! Long time coming with this one

cw_sasuke

32 Blue fruits...will probably farm some more to be save for tomorrow - need to max skill 2 Sumires and have a feeling that i will be trolled tomorrow -.-

Edit:

lol seems like Myr will be receiving a buff.

Kwhit10

All cross boosts carry onto the next floor if the enemy didn't use any preemptives and you sweep the floor in one turn. A easy way to tell is by looking for the flashing "DEF" on the heart icon to the left of your HP bar.

Oh ok, I didn't know the 7x went to the next floor with the Def boost. Thanks.

Bladelaw

32 Blue fruits...will probably farm some more to be save for tomorrow - need to max skill 2 Sumires and have a feeling that i will be trolled tomorrow -.-

Edit:

lol seems like Myr will be receiving a buff.

If they give her the bind clear awakening I'll flip and do a happy dance.

I'm pumped about the Spica and Akechi evos. After the discussion about solo ALB teams I got to thinking about a solid team, Spica and Algedi with God Killer add serious firepower to that team. ALB leads with Spica, Perseus, Algedi, and Hanuman as a team would hit obscenely hard pretty much every turn. It'd still be a glass cannon but what a cannon!

linsivvi

Dios or ALB with fast orb changers can easily land you in the top 10. Leeza or Sasuke can help you achieve the max damage bonus with the killer awakening.

b33r

I used You Yu on both accounts. He's like the new Shiva Dragon for ranking tournaments it seems. Like others said A Liu Bei is supposed to be great too.

FINALLY Guan Yinping comes back on descends. Been waiting about a month for her, I can finally awaken my Meimei! Long time coming with this one

Guan Yinping is also in descend carnival, which you can buy from coin dungeons. Definitely look there whenever you need a descend boss for an evolution. A lot of the older ones are in there.

Bladelaw

Doing some analysis on how many blue fruits to hoard to max skill 4 Sumires from nothing. Based on the data collected from 4 Dios and a Myr I average about 48 feeds for 15 skill ups or a ~30% skill up rate. I need 20 total skill ups for 4 Sumires (I have three bubpys as insurance). To be "safe" I need about 67 Blue fruits to have a reasonable expectation of max skilling the system without dipping into bubpy insurance. So yeah I'll be chain running the daily today until I drop or hit that magic number. All other drops will be fed as hopeful 2x skill ups for Kaede and Tsubaki who I lack systems for. So if anyone wants to run I have a few solid teams but ALB/Dios is the most brainless speed run I have.

Jagernaut

Dios or ALB with fast orb changers can easily land you in the top 10. Leeza or Sasuke can help you achieve the max damage bonus with the killer awakening.

I just got 4.6% on my first try, using ALB. I forgot to turn off the skill confirmations and shave off more time.

ALB hyper
Leeza
Sasuke
A Astaroth
Australis
ALB hyper

All max skilled. 1 skill every turn for kill.

cw_sasuke

Anyone here already max skilled Jize ? Thinking about farming Legelonte so i can maxskill Jize.
Doing some analysis on how many blue fruits to hoard to max skill 4 Sumires from nothing. Based on the data collected from 4 Dios and a Myr I average about 48 feeds for 15 skill ups or a ~30% skill up rate. I need 20 total skill ups for 4 Sumires (I have three bubpys as insurance). To be "safe" I need about 67 Blue fruits to have a reasonable expectation of max skilling the system without dipping into bubpy insurance. So yeah I'll be chain running the daily today until I drop or hit that magic number. All other drops will be fed as hopeful 2x skill ups for Kaede and Tsubaki who I lack systems for. So if anyone wants to run I have a few solid teams but ALB/Dios is the most brainless speed run I have.

Best of Luck - i also just wanna be done with it tomorrow so better safe than sorry - which means ill need to do a couple more runs later.

Top Bottom