• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Yep, I just made Sarasvati and Cao Cao, need musyic masks for castor and pollux.

I'm in the same boat for Pollux, castor. Going to make one of each type. Pretty excited for the sub versions.

Really like this update. Being able to stay together when farming is a great quality of life improvement.

PAD thinks I've never done a dungeon in multiplayer mode. I remember this happening to players in JP but I never got to figure out what the solution was. Anybody know?

W-00

PAD thinks I've never done a dungeon in multiplayer mode. I remember this happening to players in JP but I never got to figure out what the solution was. Anybody know?

Just run one in multiplayer again.

Also, darn, thought this was the update that added 80 box-space. So even with the nice badges and free stones and such, that's a bit of a disappointment.

Okamid3n

Anyone here wants to help me play one multiplayer game?

I want to complete the quest but it's proving to be impossible right now for some reason, nobody is joining me or making rooms besides stuff like Machine Hera or something.

On a better note, that time extend badge might make me finally retire Yomi as a sub!

Jagernaut

Anyone here wants to help me play one multiplayer game?

I want to complete the quest but it's proving to be impossible right now for some reason, nobody is joining me or making rooms besides stuff like Machine Hera or something.

On a better note, that time extend badge might make me finally retire Yomi as a sub!

Sure, just make a room and I'll join you.

Okamid3n

Thanks, made a room. Username is Marth. We're already friends, I think?

Edit : Wooh, finally. Thanks!

And I've cleared every single other quest that just unlocked. This quest system is funny.

I used my free stones from the quest for two rolls and I got another beach Eschamali, wow! I've only rolled 6 times and got two Eschamali. I guess I'm making a blue team, now.

Bladelaw

Well all quests complete. I evo'ed the sub versions of castor and Pollux and I'll save the leader versions for when I feel like experimenting again.

Not sure if Awoken Cao Cao is worth losing a max skilled R/g Cao Cao so I'm holding off until I see a decent reason for it.

I'm thinking of saving my stones for Kenshin instead of trying for silvers in the beach REM. Pretty solid update especially with the QOL multi changes.

ccbfan

Anyone want to play a multiplayer room with me?

Its just to get the bonus so its the 0 stamina Score Attack room.

The Room ID is 5949 4299.

jay23

No akechi skillups yet? Thanks gung ho. Was kind of hoping that would get pushed up.

The new update is great I'm a fan of Quest and all the free stuff we're getting. Would love to see some weekly or maybe even daily quest.

What do you guys think of this team, should I sub in awoken Ares for one of my yamatos?
HPVLqlP.jpg

b33r

No akechi skillups yet? Thanks gung ho. Was kind of hoping that would get pushed up.

The new update is great I'm a fan of Quest and all the free stuff we're getting. Would love to see some weekly or maybe even daily quest.

What do you guys think of this team, should I sub in awoken Ares for one of my yamatos?

I have been messing around with awoken Cao Cao, and subs will be pretty dungeon specific I think. He does a ton of damage when you activate, but very orb hungry. I can't see me using him over Shiva Dragon other than co-op.

I am using 2 r/l Ares, Urd, and a flex for now.

MiTYH

Okay, so I just cashed in all my Pal points from these quests in the hopes of getting Green Jewels. I managed instead to get about 5 Water ones, and a few Red.

Forgive the newbieish question, but what IS the best way to get Green Orbs? I need about... 5 or so

EDIT: ONE LAST PULL GOT ME A GREEN JEWEL! Meimei, finally awoken. Still need about 4 more though to make my ultimate Bastet team

Okay, so I just cashed in all my Pal points from these quests in the hopes of getting Green Jewels. I managed instead to get about 5 Water ones, and a few Red.

Forgive the newbieish question, but what IS the best way to get Green Orbs? I need about... 5 or so

EDIT: ONE LAST PULL GOT ME A GREEN JEWEL! Meimei, finally awoken. Still need about 4 more though to make my ultimate Bastet team

I think the next event has jewel invades. Look on padx for what day green ones invade and then you just have to farm the descends where they drop. Don't know what the invade rate it, but it's not terrible and you'll at least get plus eggs.

If you can wait about a month, Wood Challenge should go up which will give 4 green orbs. Bug somebody here to carry you through co-op if necessary.

Also fuuuuuuuck Khepri Descended. Even more dumb gimmick mechanics!

linsivvi

If you can wait about a month, Wood Challenge should go up which will give 4 green orbs. Bug somebody here to carry you through co-op if necessary.

Wow just looked at the dungeon data.

Looks need GOdin suddenly becomes an important mob (aside from being able to farm MAthena).

Edit: I might farm MP for Odin Dragon too while it's available.

jay23

I have been messing around with awoken Cao Cao, and subs will be pretty dungeon specific I think. He does a ton of damage when you activate, but very orb hungry. I can't see me using him over Shiva Dragon other than co-op.

I am using 2 r/l Ares, Urd, and a flex for now.

I think he will have some life in coop, you pretty much need a full activation to kill anything that's not a trash floor.

News from JP stream awoken U&Y, Kushinada, Okuninushi, Ame no uzume, and a lot more.

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=578

b33r

It's not as bad as star justice and that weird lock a row mechanic isn't that bad. The no time extends is the bitch. Sumire was really hard to play like that. Ended up beating it with You Yu, I think the RCV badge really helped me here. Felt like I had ages to match after playing that dungeon for awhile.

J0dy77

The new cards look good. As expected they've buffed Awoken Izanagi. Now there's a reason to get the Awoken form.

Not sure why they didn't take him a little further. He's basically the exact same thing as Myr now with a different (maybe lesser?) active skill and lesser awakenings? Might be interesting to see if people run 1 Myr and 1 Izanagi. Might be a better configuration for huge burst when you need it.

linsivvi

Not sure why they didn't take him a little further. He's basically the exact same thing as Myr now with a different (maybe lesser?) active skill and lesser awakenings? Might be interesting to see if people run 1 Myr and 1 Izanagi. Might be a better configuration for huge burst when you need it.

Oh I have no doubt they will buff him again in the future. Awoken Izanagi still has worse awakenings than before. Gungho never learns lol.

Okamid3n

7.5x attack without needing to do anything is amazing, though. I'd love to have her for fast farming in solo mode.

...and that's about all she can do.

coy

I like the JP2 pantheon but these evos aren't filling me with excitement. Of my two faves, Okuni I'll awaken day 1 but Kushi I am uncertain. I'm more excited by Sanada and Mori evos.

ccbfan

Very disappointed with JP2.

The leader skills might have been nice like four months again but with the new meta they're already behind the 8 ball.

Okuni is a good sub though.

W-00

I'm kinda glad Kushinadahime's Awoken form isn't great. That leader skill will keep me from being tempted to chase her.

Also, drew three more times frim the Island REM: dupe Kurone (sold), Summurd (Woohoo!), and dupe Bester (kept the first, but sold this one).

I have one pull left. Though I could probably gather enough stones for one or two more before the event ends. I must resist the urge to pull more. I need to remind myself that the odds of pulling Summyr are astronomically low. Even if I do have an awesome team for her.

Illucio

Banned
Very disappointed with JP2.

The leader skills might have been nice like four months again but with the new meta they're already behind the 8 ball.

Okuni is a good sub though.

Everything is behind the Cross Meta. Heal + Insane damage is too powerful.

What's ruining late game is are monsters that can easily be one-shot, but will kill you if you do, or revive HP until their half health. Or simply damaging too much making all other teams obsolete.

There's no stalling meta or powerhouse play styles late game. Just shield/do huge amount of damage.

Jap2 is very underwhelming, for sub usage they are okay I guess. I feel like to make them relevant leaders would require changing the meta completely or giving them insane HP stat boosts to make them more interesting to lead as.

Pure strong damage dealers mean nothing if every turn there is a monster that can 1 shot kill you before you can even move.

J0dy77

When will I learn to not run difficult dungeons right when I wake up in the morning? Wiped 3 times in a row to nonsense on Zaerog Mythical. Myr is definitely not a sleepy farm lead. First wipe I forgot a mechanic, second wipe my finger slipped on the first floor seeds, third wipe it was literally the last turn, entire board was setup to wipe Z8 and i added an extra heart to the cross last second. I avoided the urge to spike my phone and walked away slowly.

Jagernaut

I just started playing a week ago. I saw something about this going up tomorrow--how do I qualify/can I qualify?

Too late. You had to enter your game id at a certain webpage within 2 or so hours after the stream.

A regular Tamadra isn't a good reward, should have had at least +50 plus eggs on it.

J0dy77

I just started playing a week ago. I saw something about this going up tomorrow--how do I qualify/can I qualify?

you had to watch the stream and enter your ID on a website during the event. It's not a big loss, the big rewards from the event go out to everyone automatically just for logging in every day.

linsivvi

Since you just started...tomorrow they will give everyone a tamadra with +297 through mail.

Don't waste it! Feed it to your absolutely best mob, or save it until you get one.

Aesnath

Since you just started...tomorrow they will give everyone a tamadra with +297 through mail.

Don't waste it! Feed it to your absolutely best mob, or save it until you get one.

OK, so walk me through the process, I don't regularly watch twitch, but I do have an account. So I watch their stream and then...how do they know to mail me the tam?

Also, apparently I lucked up (somewhat), and my first pull was a red sonia dragon caller--I've been trying a devil team, and it has been working OK. I just started castle of satan.

My Sonia already has a +30, should I feed her the tam (and waste the 30) or give it to someone else (I also pulled a Lu Bu). Also, I'm guessing I should wait until they have awoken abilities to activate, right?

Also (while I have your ear), I have a couple of extreme metal tamadaras--do they awaken abilities as well?

OK, so walk me through the process, I don't regularly watch twitch, but I do have an account. So I watch their stream and then...how do they know to mail me the tam?

You put in your ID on a webpage they put up for certain stream-specific awards.

Also, apparently I lucked up (somewhat), and my first pull was a red sonia dragon caller--I've been trying a devil team, and it has been working OK. I just started castle of satan.

My Sonia already has a +30, should I feed her the tam (and waste the 30) or give it to someone else (I also pulled a Lu Bu). Also, I'm guessing I should wait until they have awoken abilities to activate, right?

Personally I wouldn't waste it in the early game and hold on to it for now.

Also (while I have your ear), I have a couple of extreme metal tamadaras--do they awaken abilities as well?

No. The only Tamadra that can do awakenings are the regular Tamadra and the Baby Tamadra

Aesnath

You put in your ID on a webpage they put up for certain stream-specific awards.

Personally I wouldn't waste it in the early game and hold on to it for now.

No. The only Tamadra that can do awakenings are the regular Tamadra and the Baby Tamadra

Thank you very much! Even with all the information online, this game can be a bit daunting in its complexity. I am having a very good time with it so far though.

linsivvi

The +297 tama will be in your in game mailbox. You don't have to do anything. If you don't have a use yet, don't open it and save the box space. You can keep it there for a year.

Red Sonia or Lu Bu as a leader can take you through at least the first 2-2.5 years' content of the game, so you should be set for a while.Try to find as many Awoken Pandora (or other dark devil leader) friends as you can and fill the rest of your team with dark devil monsters.

Ducarmel

JP2 awokens is really bothering me now, I remember my second time buying a pack of stones was when Jp2 debuted, I was excited to get Ame and Kushi. Ame to lead my mono fire team and I liked Kushi over Bastet, that was ages ago.

divusrex

Given the JP buffs for Odin Dragon, is it worth the MP? I don't really mind spending the MP at this stage (even though I'm going back to non-IAP) since I'm working on making my ALB team, so farming MP should be trivial once ALB is up and running. Also, I don't plan on pulling in any more GFs unless there's a specific card I need.

I do have a Kaede team and I've been working towards A.Parvati to inherit some type of bind clear (L.Meta, Thumbelina, etc). The template I have right now is Kaede/Kaede/Verdandi/Perseus/Parvati.

Should I use my pal points for this GungHo thing? I have some extra from quest rewards but I blew threw most of my other points trying to get a single green mask thing to evolve Verdandi, which I didn't get :(.

Here is a link to my Padherder (I hope I linked correctly). I'm just looking for good subs for the only viable leader I have at the moment or other good leaders so I can build and play something other than wood wood wood.

divusrex

Should I use my pal points for this GungHo thing? I have some extra from quest rewards but I blew threw most of my other points trying to get a single green mask thing to evolve Verdandi, which I didn't get :(.

Here is a link to my Padherder (I hope I linked correctly). I'm just looking for good subs for the only viable leader I have at the moment or other good leaders so I can build and play something other than wood wood wood.

If you're really desperate for having the actives from regular pantheon gods (like liu bei), then I'd say go for it. However, it would be more beneficial for you to wait until a high-value Godfest or until PCGF arrives (should be November) and roll one pack.

You have the potential for a decent Rainbow team, but you'll need to pull more cards or find better farmable subs of fill the color requirements. I'd evolve Isis to her awoken version ASAP to cover the green attribute.

Sherias/ L Kali/ Isis/ Dragon Rider/ Any Green card (until you get A.Isis)

If you don't mind green, you can replace Verdandi with Avalon Drake to try out a row team.

Avalon Drake/ Avalon Drake/ Verdandi/ Osiris/ Sylph (or Melon Dragon)

Top Bottom