• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

If you're really desperate for having the actives from regular pantheon gods (like liu bei), then I'd say go for it. However, it would be more beneficial for you to wait until a high-value Godfest or until PCGF arrives (should be November) and roll one pack.

You have the potential for a decent Rainbow team, but you'll need to pull more cards or find better farmable subs of fill the color requirements. I'd evolve Isis to her awoken version ASAP to cover the green attribute.

Sherias/ L Kali/ Isis/ Dragon Rider/ Any Green card (until you get A.Isis)

If you don't mind green, you can replace Verdandi with Avalon Drake to try out a row team.

Avalon Drake/ Avalon Drake/ Verdandi/ Osiris/ Sylph (or Melon Dragon)

thank you!

I've really enjoyed playing my beach Lakshmi with blue Myr. It's my first attempt at cross meta, and I'm starting to get better at it. It bums me out that I'll never have a B. Myr of my own, but I'll just make a light Myr eventually. My light Myr team is going to be pretty dope anyways. I'm clearing dungeons solo that I've had a hard time clearing in co-op.

Okamid3n

Of all the things announced the other day, one of the most useful seemed to be Ganesha's evo with the 1.5x exp. I was sad I didn't have him.

...I casually look through my box for something earlier, and what do I see? Ganesha. I don't even remember getting him.

Do you guys also have these "oh, I had this card?!" moments?

I don't come in here very often and I've been off and on playing PAD. I had started an Awoken Sakuya team and today I finally awoke my Susano. Feeling pretty great!
So I have a.sakuya/l.kali/a.susano/valk/xmas.echidna
Still have some tweaking to do but I am pretty pleased. Didn't think I ever get my team to where it is now. Lots of fun playing this team, can be difficult and frustrating at times, but still fun!

linsivvi

How did you beat trees?

I have found me new least happy mob:

Metatron TAMA

I haven't used blue myr yet - but wtf!

I beat it with a rainbow team when it first came out. I used 2 damage reduction subs (Izanami and Indra) and stalled 7 turns, then used Orochi to finish it off.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
I'm new to this game. Just started yesterday. In the mail I got a tamadra with a value of 297. i used it on my leader Horus. Not knowing I was supposed to use once he awakened. How badly did I fuck up? Are tamadra a rare drop? I haven't had any drop in game. My rank is 22. Is this something I can farm at higher ranks?

I'm new to this game. Just started yesterday. In the mail I got a tamadra with a value of 297. i used it on my leader Horus. Not knowing I was supposed to use once he awakened. How badly did I fuck up? Are tamadra a rare drop? I haven't had any drop in game. My rank is 22. Is this something I can farm at higher ranks?

Tamadra are very common, don't sweat it. They only appear in certain special dungeons, which is why you haven't seen any yet. They're also very commonly given away for free during events.

TAMAdras are pretty easy to farm for nowadays. There's a time-limited dungeon that shows up once a week or so for an hour. You can grab awakenings there. Don't worry about awakenings until you evolve more cards - just clear dungeon sets and stockpile stones for a good godfest.

W-00

I believe the effect of the tamadra will still work on your card before it is evo'd/awoken

(when you do evolve/awaken your card it will have its awakening apparent)

I can partially confirm this. I've used +Tamadras on cards that were fully awoken in their current form and later evolved them, and the extra awakenings showed up. I'm not entirely sure that it also applies to monsters that don't have any awakenings yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Okamid3n

I think this only works on cards that are at a stage where they can actually get awakenings. So, for example, if you're at the first evo of horus and have filled his 4 awakenings, adding another tamadra will cover his 5th awakening when you evo further. But if you're at the base form with no awakenings at all, then you lose the tamadra.

I've never tested it with a card in its base form, though, that's just what I read forever ago.

Either way, tamadras are really easy to get, so don't worry!

Lyrian

I think this only works on cards that are at a stage where they can actually get awakenings. So, for example, if you're at the first evo of horus and have filled his 4 awakenings, adding another tamadra will cover his 5th awakening when you evo further. But if you're at the base form with no awakenings at all, then you lose the tamadra.

I've never tested it with a card in its base form, though, that's just what I read forever ago.

Pretty sure that's correct. If a card is not awakening eligible (ex: pantheon gods' base forms), then the game ignores tamadras. If a card does have awakenings, then each card has a hidden awakening counter that keeps track of how many awakenings a card should have based upon feeding it tamadras and will grant credit for overflowed awakening credit in the card's next evolution.

Quantum

Either way, tamadras are really easy to get, so don't worry!

I just tested it out (for science)

I fed a tamadra to an unevolved I&I then did the first evolution

-it did NOT have any awakenings. So what you have written is totally correct.

Okamid3n

I'll add that skilling up a farmable monster with itself before evolving is a great way to save tamadras. For example, Myr's very first form can already get awakenings, so just try and skill up that form 9 times before evolving at all---you'll save 9 tamadras that way!

J0dy77

I don't come in here very often and I've been off and on playing PAD. I had started an Awoken Sakuya team and today I finally awoke my Susano. Feeling pretty great!
So I have a.sakuya/l.kali/a.susano/valk/xmas.echidna
Still have some tweaking to do but I am pretty pleased. Didn't think I ever get my team to where it is now. Lots of fun playing this team, can be difficult and frustrating at times, but still fun!

Congrats! Awoken sakuya is still my all time favorite team and the first I ever hypermaxed. I miss the orb match meta. Game is still a boat but the power creep is snowballing fast.

yami4ct

Finally buckled down and managed to clear Legend+ of Myr for her drop today. That dungeon is no joke even running Kaede. That 1-2 punch of Wee Jas and Myr herself. Screwed up on Myr and had to 1-stone it, but I'm glad to check that off my list.

Probably gonna have to build a specific team for that dungeon if I want to farm her. Maybe this is where I finally break into Co-Op? What's the most popular teams for farming Myr stably?

Jagernaut

Finally buckled down and managed to clear Legend+ of Myr for her drop today. That dungeon is no joke even running Kaede. That 1-2 punch of Wee Jas and Myr herself. Screwed up on Myr and had to 1-stone it, but I'm glad to check that off my list.

Probably gonna have to build a specific team for that dungeon if I want to farm her. Maybe this is where I finally break into Co-Op? What's the most popular teams for farming Myr stably?

A Liu Bei coop with the right subs makes Myr a cakewalk. I max skilled my Myr easily without stoning. Inheriting Thanatos on ALB helps a lot.

yami4ct

A Liu Bei coop with the right subs makes Myr a cakewalk. I max skilled my Myr easily without stoning. Inheriting Thanatos on ALB helps a lot.

Yeah, I'll have to make a ALB farm squad. They don't have to be +297ed right? Getting all the subs together+Skill Ups is already gonna take a bit. Getting +297's is gonna be substantially longer even with +s getting easier.

I don't have a Thanatos personally, but I can throw a Poison active on my ALB for predras and find a partner with Thanatos I suppose.

Ducarmel

^Congrats, I past 1000 some time ago I stopped asking why I play. I suspect I like the highs the game gives me and love being tortured by the lows.

Anybody on JP server going to wrestle the Ultimate Muscle REM later today.

I got cards field both Kinnikuman and Akuma Shogun.

Akuma Shogun I just need a better cleric so I might buy Yomi Dragon if I get him.

W-00

Welp, I'm done with this REM. At least until it comes back around. Because I only have one stone left.

Managed four more pulls today thanks to Google Opinion Rewards: Awilda, Awilda, Goemon, and Armadel. Probably going to keep Goemon, but the others were sold right away. Oh well, at least I got Wetatron, Summurd, and the Navi twins out of it.

Just gotta accept that I'm not going to get Summyr this time around, and focus on my Sumire team instead.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Sumire, Ryune, Summurd, Navi, and either Wetatron or A. Isis. I've got a number of other good water cards that could be subbed in when the situation called for them, too: A. Orochi, A. Sun Quan, Bester, Neptune, Sarasvati, Sharon, and Kraken Rider.

I mentioned before that I wasn't going to have my alt pull from the Island REM. This was because I was sure that it would get an awesome card that would be great on my main but useless to it. Well, I decided that I should have it pull at least once to try and get a Navi. Result: Claire. I was right! Awesome sub for Pandora, useless for my alt.

Lizard with a ladder

I feel like I've hit that wall of git gud. Started playing this game a few days ago. Rolled Horus as my leader. Not sure if it's because my subs suck or I suck (probably the latter). His leader skill gives 4+ attack bonus when 4 colors are matched up on the same attack.

Easier said than done. I can hit that bonus maybe 1 out of 3 tries. I've looked up a few guides and they mention how easy it is and it's just a matter of practice. Any Horus/rainbow team players want to shoot me a few tips?

forgrim

I feel like I've hit that wall of git gud. Started playing this game a few days ago. Rolled Horus as my leader. Not sure if it's because my subs suck or I suck (probably the latter). His leader skill gives 4+ attack bonus when 4 colors are matched up on the same attack.

Easier said than done. I can hit that bonus maybe 1 out of 3 tries. I've looked up a few guides and they mention how easy it is and it's just a matter of practice. Any Horus/rainbow team players want to shoot me a few tips?

Need time extend subs, for combo leads, til u can manage without...and if u just started, ur not gonna have those...

Practice makes perfect, i tend to start at the bottom and combo my way up

Starting off, rainbow leaders are tough because you won't have any time extend awakenings so your time to match is not long at all. I'm not great with rainbow teams, but I'd suggest taking more time planning your move and practice in endless. The more boards you see the easier it'll be to start recognizing patterns and what you'll be capable of actually matching.

W-00

Also, what sort of friend leaders are you teaming up with? I'd recommend teaming up with an Isis or one of the Chinese Celestials (Leilan, Meimei, Haku, Karin, and Sakuya). Their leader skills are less powerful but easier to activate than Horus' (Isis will activate with any three non-heart colors, while each Celestial requires a particular set of three (except Sakuya, who requires four)), so working with them could be good training.

MiTYH

Jewel invades are a myth, right? Spent all day farming Satan's stage (easy to beat with Kali team) and didn't even see a hint of one

yami4ct

Ok, I'm officially at a loss of where I even should go with my JP account. I could use a new set of eyes.

https://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ctjp/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;boxatt,0

I'm currently running A. Panda with some A. Sakuya for all attribute dungeons, but those are going out of style very quickly. I don't think any of the Sumire teams I've got will end up working. Any thoughts of where I should aim for pulls at the very least? I've got 60 some stones already saved up from not knowing where to go. I'll probably wait for the PCGF at this point, but I need to at least has some thoughts of what to look for.

Quantum

Rainbow leads are not easy. don't believe any guide - specifically in the early game without optimal subs,awakenings/time extends, and board changers it is very difficult.

Granted I can't talk much about the early game now, but the difficulty ramps up after a few day of play to make early rainbow teams very hard to play.

now after saying how difficult it is, I feel it is one of the best ways to learn how to play well - even playing a rainbow team badly helps you learn to look at the board and learn how to combo better.

what to do?
It might be worth looking up re-roll lists - there are easier leads to roll for the early game and if you are low rank (less then 90? - its really easy to rank now) - consider starting over. while it might seem counter intuitive, I think ranking and getting more stamina per day is one of the most important aspects of the early game - it affords you more game play and more attempts at content.

as mentioned - partner selection can be very important and you might even consider pairing with non-rainbow leads to guarantee at least a 3x multiplier to carry you through content when you don't hit your 4 combo.

Look into multiplayer - I hardly use it myself, but if you know a high rank player, running multi on monday can rank you extremely fast.

try not to take the guides too seriously - in my opinion, the early game is still the most fun.

another thing - are you going to spend money?

non-iap versus iap players look at the game differently.

I lasted about a year before I started funneling cash into this beast, the one thing I would do differently is I would have re-rolled for a better starter (I ran Loki!)

Lizard with a ladder

Rainbow leads are not easy. don't believe any guide - specifically in the early game without optimal subs,awakenings/time extends, and board changers it is very difficult.

Granted I can't talk much about the early game now, but the difficulty ramps up after a few day of play to make early rainbow teams very hard to play.

now after saying how difficult it is, I feel it is one of the best ways to learn how to play well - even playing a rainbow team badly helps you learn to look at the board and learn how to combo better.

what to do?
It might be worth looking up re-roll lists - there are easier leads to roll for the early game and if you are low rank (less then 90? - its really easy to rank now) - consider starting over.
while it might seem counter intuitive, I think ranking and getting more stamina per day is one of the most important aspects of the early game - it affords you more game play and more attempts at content.

as mentioned - partner selection can be very important and you might even consider pairing with non-rainbow leads to guarantee at least a 3x multiplier to carry you through content when you don't hit your 4 combo.

Look into multiplayer - I hardly use it myself, but if you know a high rank player, running multi on monday can rank you extremely fast.

try not to take the guides too seriously - in my opinion, the early game is still the most fun.

another thing - are you going to spend money?

non-iap versus iap players look at the game differently.

I lasted about a year before I started funneling cash into this beast, the one thing I would do differently is I would have re-rolled for a better starter (I ran Loki!)

I'd rather not reroll at this point. I got to rank 52 today and I'd rather tough it out. I've played other match 3 puzzle games like Puzzle Quest and Gems of War but this game is it's own beast. I came into it thinking it'd be another match 3 puzzle game. I'm relieved it's actually far deeper than any other match 3 I've played.

With practice I'll get good enough at pulling 4 string color combos. Worse case scenario, I run out of stamina and run endless corridor to practice my combos. I took an ass beating today but I like the game enough to push forward.

As for spending money. I've thought about at least throwing them $5 for that starter pack. I think it's like 10 stones and a free god roll. I'm enjoying the game enough where that sounds like a decent deal. Speaking of god rolls. I've got 15 stones saved up for the next godfest. Should I blow through all my stones on the first godfest? I read something about player's choice godfest. Am I too late in the year for that?

W-00

There are two PLayer's Choice Godfests per year. We had one around May, I think (I got a LOT of the cards I use now in that fest). The next one should be around November. As to whether you should spend your stones in the next GF, well, that depends on what it is. When the next on is announced, take a look at the pantheons on offer and decide if anything looks like it would be useful or something you'd want to play with.

I'd avoid rerolling at this point. You have a +297 and even if they are relatively easy to get these days, it would be a shame to throw that away.

When people say "rolling a pack" do they mean any amount of stones or buying a full 85?

I'm not above the IAP life but I'm wondering how many rolls per godfest is seen as "worth it", especially if there's just 1-2 that you want and you aren't getting them.

When people say "rolling a pack" do they mean any amount of stones or buying a full 85?

I'm not above the IAP life but I'm wondering how many rolls per godfest is seen as "worth it", especially if there's just 1-2 that you want and you aren't getting them.
Full 85, typically.

That's entirely up to you and how much disposable income you're willing to sink into the game. But generally it's not wise to chase 1-2 cards.

Roll until troll was a rule of thumb I followed when I was still rolling in godfests.

Spoit

Full 85, typically.

That's entirely up to you and how much disposable income you're willing to sink into the game. But generally it's not wise to chase 1-2 cards.

Roll until troll was a rule of thumb I followed when I was still rolling in godfests.

...I usually did the opposite, roll until you finally didn't get a silver egg. Like on the 5th+ roll

Ducarmel

Akuma Shogun ohk on dkali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5btO6iC-Uc

I mostly wanted to see how the player was going to deal with combo shield. He stalled it out on on Minerva but no way he was going to stall out Zeus Vulcan. 4 seems easy to deal with but I want to see somebody take on a 5+ combo shield.

I'm kind of wavering wanting to pull on the collab, I'm afraid because of combo shields this new game play mechanic might go in the trash bin with poison and blocks matching leaders. Also hurts this group of silvers in this rem are officially the worst silvers ever in any Collab REM.

Bladelaw

Managed to get another shynpy to my alt's Myr. Just 10 more to go lol.

I'm planning on chain running the orange dragon for unicorn rider and saria skill ups later today. I'll save the rest of the descended challenges for when I have stamina to burn.

Nothing too enticing in the godfest for me, so probably just a yolo roll for Gremory.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I don't know if I have just never noticed this before or new feature, but you can hit back during feeding exp to skip the whole animation and dump you right back into your box. I used to just touch the screen a lot to speed up the monster exp bar per level.

I feel like a genius now.

Day 975ish.

I don't know if I have just never noticed this before or new feature, but you can hit back during feeding exp to skip the whole animation and dump you right back into your box. I used to just touch the screen a lot to speed up the monster exp bar per level.

I feel like a genius now.

Day 975ish.

omg... this is good during mass feeding events

but you never used the "Skip" button to avoid watching the levels climb one by one?

Ducarmel

omg... this is good during mass feeding events

but you never used the "Skip" button to avoid watching the levels climb one by one?

Other gatcha games have options to turn off those feeding animations all together, some even have options when in a dungeon to speed up/skip battle animations, etc. Things that improve the point of mobile games "speed and ease of playing."

You would think one of the most popular mobile games on the planet would steal these ideas.

linsivvi

Other gatcha games have options to turn off those feeding animations all together, some even have options when in a dungeon to speed up/skip battle animations, etc. Things that improve the point of mobile games "speed and ease of playing."

You would think one of the most popular mobile games on the planet would steal these ideas.

Yeah. It's especially annoying when a floor has multiple preemptive skills. It's such a simple feature to implement too.

Top Bottom