• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Ducarmel

Only GF day 2 has Kaede so I will pull a couple of times on that day.

Not sure if i want to pull on jp definitely wont pull on day 1,I will wait to see what the gala is on day 2.

I don't know if I have just never noticed this before or new feature, but you can hit back during feeding exp to skip the whole animation and dump you right back into your box. I used to just touch the screen a lot to speed up the monster exp bar per level.

I feel like a genius now.

Day 975ish.

I've done that for like the last year

J0dy77

Oh my damage!!! Got around to evolving Sarasvati this morning. Just playing around and hit 40 Million damage from just her with I&I active. Shame she doesn't have much survivability. She'd be amazing otherwise. Lack of skill bind awakening hurts as well.

Will we ever get a "skill bind awakening" bonus awakening from quests? That would make my life so much easier.

Jagernaut

Oh my damage!!! Got around to evolving Sarasvati this morning. Just playing around and hit 40 Million damage from just her with I&I active. Shame she doesn't have much survivability. She'd be amazing otherwise. Lack of skill bind awakening hurts as well.

Will we ever get a "skill bind awakening" bonus awakening from quests? That would make my life so much easier.

There's a badge that increases sbr by 50%.

Jagernaut

JP only or do we have it now and I'm not seeing it?

Man that will be awesome for some of my water teams.

We have it now, it's the last one. Awarded for clearing Annihilation. You need to unlock 500 monsters in monster book, get top 10% in a ranking dungeon, and clear a bunch of dungeons.

10% in ranking dungeon is probably the trickiest one for most people - like all of my 10% finishes have come from the fixed team tournaments. On both JP and NA the thing that ended up stopping me from getting the badge was being lazy about clearing alt techs.

Bladelaw

We have it now, it's the last one. Awarded for clearing Annihilation. You need to unlock 500 monsters in monster book, get top 10% in a ranking dungeon, and clear a bunch of dungeons.

Basically a "Do you have Shivadra/You Yu/ALB?" check for the top 10% badge.

Are any of the Gung Ho Collab PEM rolls worth it? I managed to max skill chibi DQXQ just to see how her big sisters would do on Myr and I'm really wishing I had her.

I snagged King Arthur who looks like a decent spike option, but I also have Izanagi, Muse, and a few other spike options.

Does anyone have a solid list of inherits for a Sumire system? It's mostly for skill delay protection but if they're also useful it'd be a nice bonus. Currently I just have Thumbelina on Isis. I'm thinking Urd, Andromeda, A. Ra, and a spike (Jewel, or slime knight) for the rest of the team. A shield seems like overkill, maybe Skuld instead of Andromeda for 2 full boards?

J0dy77

10% in ranking dungeon is probably the trickiest one for most people - like all of my 10% finishes have come from the fixed team tournaments. On both JP and NA the thing that ended up stopping me from getting the badge was being lazy about clearing alt techs.

I got 5% in the last tournament using an ALB team, best I did before was 20%. So all the quests were done already.

Ahh that would get me. I don't have the 10% achievement. I'll have to push for that next tournament.

Okamid3n

I think I got top 5% with Pandora in the last ranking dungeon. Before that, I used to get top 10% with plain old Shiva. Don't need ALB/ShivaDra/You Yu for top 10%. Definitely need them for top 1%, though, so I hope there'll never be a 1% badge.

Basically, what I'm saying is, if you don't have a top lead for rankings, there's still hope!

Maybe!

Bladelaw

Hey out of curiosity anyone looking to run Arena 2 coop? I'm looking at the spawns and while I know I have teams that can take it solo (especially with badges now) I think it would make my life much easier to do it coop. I'm more interested in just clearing it, not farming it or anything. I plan on doing the same for Arena 3 if I ever clear Arena 2. Again this is more for clearing the content so it stops taunting me as "unfinished" than any attempt at farming.

My most developed "serious business" teams:
Red
Xiang Mei
Gadius
Uriel
Red Riding Hood
Kiriko Another

Light
Myr
WedSatsuki
Wukong
Apocalypse
Moogle/Elia

Dark
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer/Awoken Pandora/Yomi Dragon
Eschamali/Grisar on Pandora
D/R Haku/Zuoh/A. Haku
Akechi
Yomidragon (Pandora/Luci if running Yomigon leader)

Blue
Sumire
Sumire
Sumire
Sumire
A Isis

You Yu
Scheat
Nut
A Isis
Skuld

Green
Kaede
A. Parvati
Verdandi
Verdandi
Perseus

J0dy77

Hey out of curiosity anyone looking to run Arena 2 coop? I'm looking at the spawns and while I know I have teams that can take it solo (especially with badges now) I think it would make my life much easier to do it coop. I'm more interested in just clearing it, not farming it or anything. I plan on doing the same for Arena 3 if I ever clear Arena 2. Again this is more for clearing the content so it stops taunting me as "unfinished" than any attempt at farming.

My most developed "serious business" teams:
Red
Xiang Mei
Gadius
Uriel
Red Riding Hood
Kiriko Another

Light
Myr
WedSatsuki
Wukong
Apocalypse
Moogle/Elia

Dark
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer/Awoken Pandora/Yomi Dragon
Eschamali/Grisar on Pandora
D/R Haku/Zuoh/A. Haku
Akechi
Yomidragon (Pandora/Luci if running Yomigon leader)

Blue
Sumire
Sumire
Sumire
Sumire
A Isis

You Yu
Scheat
Nut
A Isis
Skuld

Green
Kaede
A. Parvati
Verdandi
Verdandi
Perseus

I'd be game for Arena 2 runs, I have almost ideal XM and Myr teams both almost pentamaxed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Let's pretend I'm considering playing this game again. With the GF coming up tomorrow, which day would it be best to re-roll on? Trying to decide who to re-roll for.

Also, given the shit I've dealt with, does having an iCloud backup make it nigh impossible to have my data compromised? Having it backup to iCloud should mean that, unless someone knows my iCloud password, the game is safe on my device. Right?

Bladelaw

I'd be game for Arena 2 runs, I have almost ideal XM and Myr teams both almost pentamaxed.

Cool, I'm going in with the expectation of failing a few times till I get the hang of things. XM coop is probably safest (and slowest...) given the HP boost but to take a hit from Kali we'd still need some kind of shield. I have Arcline on my XM for the burst on her though so we could probably get away without needing a shield. My inherits are Sanada on Kiriko, Zeta Hydra on Uriel, A. Ra on Gadius, and Chiyome on RRH. I can swap some around but I'm not swimming in tans.

Myr is also a solid option and the team I'm currently the most comfortable playing (so much matching time). I'm just worried I won't have enough firepower for Kali, though with her shield and the extra HP we should be able to tank the hit.

Let's pretend I'm considering playing this game again. With the GF coming up tomorrow, which day would it be best to re-roll on? Trying to decide who to re-roll for.

Also, given the shit I've dealt with, does having an iCloud backup make it nigh impossible to have my data compromised? Having it backup to iCloud should mean that, unless someone knows my iCloud password, the game is safe on my device. Right?

Day 2 looks to be the money day. It has the best chances at the Cross Heart meta leads (Sumire, Kaede, Gremory, and Ronove). It's on Midnight Gala so odds of pulling Pandora, Nobunaga, Akechi, and some others will be boosted too. Can't say about iCloud as I run off Android.

Ducarmel

Out of the pantheons only, day 2 Egyptian 1 Bastet is good enough to stay relevant in current meta and that is assuming we get Bastet Ace in the near future.

Also on day 2 the godfest exclusive Kaede (Pretty much you win if you pull her.), Sumire, Gremory, and Ronove is the sought after exclusive.

In general if you want to cover your bases in case day 2 does not work out for you

Day 1 While they are godfest exclusive any of the Norns (Urd, Verdandi, Skuld), Sylvie, Saria and Ryune. Are great starter rolls that will carry you to the end game and depending how lucky you are with the REM to get subs can clear end game content.

Gremory and Ronove are in this as well and are powerful gods but do need REM subs Ronove is probably the most strict out of all of them he even needs a MP card to reach max potential. Your a veteran of the game so you can decide if they are worth it to play with farmable subs.

Typhon is also in day 1 but like Bastet he is powerful only in his ultimate utimate form that we have not gotten in NA yet.

Day 2, If you fail to get Bastet or Kaede, you probably still aware Isis is a decent starter god, Norns, Sumire Gremory and Ronove are still active on day 2.

Day 3 Norns, Saria, Sylvie, Ryune, Gremory, and Ronove are still in play.

Also as for security concerns

IMO as long as there is no 2 step verification process to protect your account I doubt there is much you or gungho can do to protect your account. I'm still baffled how your account was compromised and even with proof you still could not prove it was your account because as long as someone else had your secret code you are sol.

Security is one of the reasons I will never IAP in this game again only google opinions rewards for now.

If I was starting a new account and wasn't planning on IAP, I'd roll until I got Lui Bei. It'd be super easy to get to push button farming. Could even get you Myr, which would be a top tier lead.

Just got my first Myr. Need to work on evolving it/skilling it up. Got it solo with Sumire. Haven't played Sumire much, but Beach Lak has really prepared me for heart cross meta. I'll probably play Sumire a bit more, but I really like Beach Lak. will hop on L. Myr as soon as I get her up and ready.

J0dy77

Holy crap! I had the bug where I was blocked at expert because the game thought I didn't complete a mp dungeon. I didn't know the quests went passed expert. I just got an inbox flood of prizes and didn't know these other boosts existed. The leader skill bind immune is crazy.

Only thing I hadn't completed prior to this patch was the 10%. My high is 11.8%... Doh. Really need that one.

Love the extra box space too. Almost at 1k. :)

Jagernaut

It was mentioned in the Quests announcement on Facebook. Everyone had to complete 1 coop dungeon after the update to unlock those rewards.

J0dy77

We welcome you back with open arms. :)

The game is a cruel temptress that always keeps you calling you back.

iCloud should be pretty secure. I'm not sure how that would work since they always say the in game code is the most important.

On a side note, the power creep has been insane lately and you should be able to catch really quickly. Just need to get a few key cards. Roll on the godfest day that has Kaede as she's the new queen in town and the cross meta is really fun.

Cool, I'm going in with the expectation of failing a few times till I get the hang of things. XM coop is probably safest (and slowest...) given the HP boost but to take a hit from Kali we'd still need some kind of shield. I have Arcline on my XM for the burst on her though so we could probably get away without needing a shield. My inherits are Sanada on Kiriko, Zeta Hydra on Uriel, A. Ra on Gadius, and Chiyome on RRH. I can swap some around but I'm not swimming in tans.

Myr is also a solid option and the team I'm currently the most comfortable playing (so much matching time). I'm just worried I won't have enough firepower for Kali, though with her shield and the extra HP we should be able to tank the hit.

I'm game for whichever team you want. I have Sun Quan, Ra and Urd on my XM team. I have Ra and DQXQ on my Myr team. Need to get some water tans so I can put cinderella on Myr.

I think the biggest issue will be the burst on Kali with they Myr team. I consistently get between 1 and 2 million from each card, not sure it would be enough to get through L. Kali without a Thor or other inherit. We might be ok with a big burst and Sun Quan on a XM team.

We can try tomorrow night if you like? Send me a PM.

W-00

Never really bothered with ranking dungeons, so those are holding me back. What's this I hear about extra box space?

unrealist

I am not trying to show off or anything, but I managed to get 5 Kaedes, Ronove and even Gremory in the past 3 Godfests.. but all I want is LB for ALB

On a sidenote, I never gotten anything good in any other games .. so RNG is always RNG.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks everyone.

A certain someone had an extra account they weren't using (I won't mention his/her name unless given permission to do so), so I've got an account with a few decent starting monsters. Horus, Yamato, Sanada, and Minerva being the standouts at the moment. I also used a few pal pulls and got a few of the mini three kingdom monsters. Can I assume they'll work for early game rank farming until I start building up actual teams?

And what's the one-time purchase REM? Is it a special REM or is it the active REM?

Thanks everyone.

A certain someone had an extra account they weren't using (I won't mention his/her name unless given permission to do so), so I've got an account with a few decent starting monsters. Horus, Yamato, Sanada, and Minerva being the standouts at the moment. I also used a few pal pulls and got a few of the mini three kingdom monsters. Can I assume they'll work for early game rank farming until I start building up actual teams?

And what's the one-time purchase REM? Is it a special REM or is it the active REM?

It's a special REM. I think it has every pantheon and GFE exclusives except the most recent ones. It's a good deal.

W-00

Probably referencing the 9.4.1 jp update. New accounts start with 100 box space, so existing accounts got +80 box space with the update.

Ah, right, people here play the JP version, too. I'd thought that the box expansion was going to be part of the most recent update, was surprised that it wasn't, and thought I might have missed something. Thanks for clearing that up.

b33r

I have to say, playing the newest JP challenge descends, I am a believer in the cross heart meta. I blew through most of them with You Yu, and used my new Sumire team to clean up the rest. You really are practically invincible.

I really hope I pull a good cross heart card on my NA account, until then I'll work on Myr.

yami4ct

Had a very productive day with the Reddit crew grinding out Zeus-Dios skill-ups. Decided to only go for the 20 CD I needed to have all of them up turn 1 on MP ALB teams. Managed to get 2 of them to 18 CD with a couple really lucky skill up runs (Went 5/5 on one feed and 4/5 on another) and got the other to exactly 20. Only took like 6-7 stones as well which isn't bad for 3 high skill up monsters. Also got Astaroth all skilled up yesterday so I can use G/G Astaroth as a skill host for that team with only like 5 stones. It cost me 3 pulls overall, but it seems like ALB is going to be a popular farm squad for a while so it'll probably be worth it.

Guess I'll run Orange Contract Dragon tomorrow for Saria Skill-ups since I should probably get that done while 3x is still in effect. Also going to need 4x green jewels to evolve all these cards. Not sure how I'm gonna get those. That's probably not gonna be fun.

W-00

Haaa... Finally got the Hanuman challenge cleared. I beat the descend the first time I tried it multiplayer, but this challenge... Came really close to beating him with Pandora, then my partner decided to activate Ronia, burst, and refill him back to near full while we were almost out of HP, and his response took us out. And we'd already had enough dark orbs to finish him before Ronia was triggered!

Finally beat him by partnering my A. Ama team with another A. Ama team. Partner tried to Raph/Apollo burst after we got Hanuman pretty low, but the burst was too strong and healed him. We ended up just stalling down past the shield and finishing him with another burst.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I did my special REM pull and got Kush, which is nice because I always enjoyed her simple "just do big combos" play style.

I also did one pull in the GF since I'll do most tomorrow per suggestions...Got Ronove. I don't imagine I will have much use for him at the moment, but it's cool to have him I guess?

forgrim

I did my special REM pull and got Kush, which is nice because I always enjoyed her simple "just do big combos" play style.

I also did one pull in the GF since I'll do most tomorrow per suggestions...Got Ronove. I don't imagine I will have much use for him at the moment, but it's cool to have him I guess?

One of the best crossheart leads, but the teambuilding for it super tough

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does anyone have a free space on their Friend's List? I don't have much to offer, to it would really just be charity work for the moment. I just have no options for leads to start clearing stuff.

Bladelaw

Skipping today, nothing I don't have that I really want beyond 6* GFE's and more of them will be available tomorrow.

I managed to max skill Saria and a rabbit dragon on my alt for its Myr team. Baal and Unicorn Rider continue to be stubborn holdouts. I figure unicorn rider's skill will be a useful inherit on Moogle since it's literally a straight upgrade. I'm hoping to get them done before the dungeon rotates out.

My alt's Myr team is pretty janky but still remarkably capable given it has only 1 light orb maker in the rabbit dragon.

For Arena 2 I'll plan on bringing Myr. With the boosted HP pool and Myr's shield I think we'll be able to tank the hit on Kali.

Finally it looks like we'll be getting the +297 Zeus dungeon. The ALB team looks pretty simple to put together, ALB, Dios, Dios (max skilled on both), Sasuke, Sasuke, ALB.

1 ALB should inherit a wood enhance skill, Sasuke should inherit a true damage for the masks. just rows and killers put in a lot of work in this dungeon. You only really need skills for the chimeras, masks, and Zeus. Zeus himself can be nuked (62 million damage lol).

Thanatos or Raphael buys you a few turns if necessary on Zeus himself.

I'm planning on bringing A. Luci with every killer awakening dark monster I can find. I'm hoping that will be enough. I'm thinking: D/R Haku, D/R Persephone, Akechi, Eschamali.

4 god killers plus the Haku/Akechi bomb should be enough.

EDIT: Nico, I just tried to add you. And got Unregistered User. I'm 359,468,351

b33r

Does anyone have a free space on their Friend's List? I don't have much to offer, to it would really just be charity work for the moment. I just have no options for leads to start clearing stuff.

I think your friends list is full. You can add me, 361,159,422 when you have space. I usually play You Yu, Sylvie, Rukia, and Sumire.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sorry guys - typo. It's 203 not 230. I'll add you guys as I see ID's and such. Thanks. :)

I think your friends list is full. You can add me, 361,159,422 when you have space. I usually play You Yu, Sylvie, Rukia, and Sumire.

Says unregistered user. Typo??

J0dy77

Sure you have the code right? Says unregistered user when I try and send an invite.

I keep up a lot of leads that probably won't be much use to you at this point but I still have Hypermax horus sitting around and a lot of other early game leads that you might want to use, just let me know and I can put them up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sure you have the code right? Says unregistered user when I try and send an invite.

I keep up a lot of leads that probably won't be much use to you at this point but I still have Hypermax horus sitting around and a lot of other early game leads that you might want to use, just let me know and I can put them up.

Positive. Did you try it after I re-typed it? I had it wrong (mixed up a 0 and a 3), but it's right now. And I only have like 3 friends, so it shouldn't spit out a "list full".

b33r

Sorry guys - typo. It's 203 not 230. I'll add you guys as I see ID's and such. Thanks. :)

Says unregistered user. Typo??

Nah, the id you originally listed was not registered on NA so I checked JP and there was a new user with that id, assumed that was you.

Sent you an invite from my NA account, run Shiva Dragon, You Yu, Yomi Dragon mainly, but I run a lot of other leads on that account as well.

J0dy77

Positive. Did you try it after I re-typed it? I had it wrong (mixed up a 0 and a 3), but it's right now. And I only have like 3 friends, so it shouldn't spit out a "list full".

I was using the # that B33R hate quoted, it worked now. Invite sent. Let me know if you need a lead, at this point I've got a ton for the early game. Best advice I'd give right now is to focus on farming Myr, her mats are not that hard to get there, are just a lot of them. Roll on the godfests that are going to bring strong leads for her. Saria, Wukong, DQXQ, Venus, any strong light cards that can create hearts.

We can also carry you through some content now if with the MP feature. It's a lot of fun when you can find a partner, I just want them to get proper matchmaking in the client and it will be amazing.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member

Added you. It'll mostly just be A Amaterasu and Saria, hopefully you can get some mileage out of either.

Courtesy pulled today and got a shiny new Ra. Pure damage is never a bad option to have in your back pocket, I reckon.

Bladelaw

Added. My usual leads are Xiang Mei and Myr, Myr is occasionally replaced my AALuci and less often, You Yu, Sumire, and Kaede.

Added you. It'll mostly just be A Amaterasu and Saria, hopefully you can get some mileage out of either.

Courtesy pulled today and got a shiny new Ra. Pure damage is never a bad option to have in your back pocket, I reckon.

As someone with more Ra's than any sane person should have (6 btw) it's incredibly handy for either a guerilla smashing team or as inherits on pretty much any team.

Added you nico. I usually leave Ra and Bastet up, but starting to rotate in AA Luci and Myr

I have a Liu Bei but not making him Awoken until the Dioses are ready. Them 3TPAs on G/R are valuable on my Bastet team right now, although I have a Susano ready to slot in for him

linsivvi

XM system team is really powerful. Managed to solo Machine Hera after a few false starts and beat the hardest endless corridor, which in itself is considerably harder than Arena 1. Beating both in single player were unthinkable to me just a few months ago.

Machine Zeus, you are next!

J0dy77

XM system team is really powerful. Managed to solo Machine Hera after a few false starts and beat the hardest endless corridor, which in itself is considerably harder than Arena 1. Beating both in single player were unthinkable to me just a few months ago.

Machine Zeus, you are next!

Having those 3 or 4 hastes on a team is huge for XM. I want to take the plunge on a second XM but can't bring myself to do it.

Top Bottom