• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

linsivvi

Having those 3 or 4 hastes on a team is huge for XM. I want to take the plunge on a second XM but can't bring myself to do it.
You should, and then get a third one the next time it comes around. That allows you stall infinitely by using a XM each turn which means you can farm Arena and not worry about skill up any more. It's even better if you don't have the time to do multiplayer. Just find someone on Discord to do Arena disconnect to take advantage of the half stamina while doing it at your own leisure.

Since there hasn't been any new MP monster announced for the JP side, there will be at least months before we see anything new in the MP store. Plenty of time to restock MP points until then.

Bladelaw

If I don't pull Gremory or Nobunaga this GF I'm just going to py up AA Luci and Akechi. Given how often I use both of them and that Pys are the only way to up AALuci it seems like a reasonable spend.

The only thing keeping me back is the off chance Ana X Typhon comes to NA. If that happens I'll want Plum and then need to Py both of them instead. I have a ready made team for her so it's just a matter of "will it come to NA?"

I'm thinking:
Ana x Typhon
UEvo Typhon
Plum
Uevo D/L Akechi
Yomi Dragon

5 hastes, 4 fully bind immune, hearts everywhere, full SBR, 3 devil killers, 1 physical killer. It's basically why I'm holding on to 10 badpys I see this team wrecking pretty much any content.

b33r

Yeah I have a similar team, just two Akechis instead of two Typhons. Am also considering buying Plum to make a team if she comes to NA.

Bladelaw

Yeah I have a similar team, just two Akechis instead of two Typhons. Am also considering buying Plum to make a team if she comes to NA.

This is currently the thing I most want to come over. I really think this will be my preferred dark team unless/until I get Gremory. And even then I'm not sure Gremory is any better. She has a wider subpool but I'm not in a position where that's a problem for me. Really the only downer would be massive skill delays and locked orbs, and those are problems with pretty much every team. One I can fix with latents and the other is solved with a Maeda inherit.

I really wish they would announce the Pad X collab. I don't care how hard the dungeons are. I'll rage stone through them if I must but the teams I could make with Ana and Ace are potentially phenomenal.

b33r

Yeah they really need to announce if they are coming or not. The dungeons aren't very bad, I have both of them on my JP account but none of the cards to use with them. Have Bastet and Typhon on my NA account, so I really want them to come over.

b33r

Oh we are getting the +297 Zeus challenge! I'm not sure I have a team that can do it on NA, will have to figure something out.

rolled 3x (will roll a lot more tomorrow, I have 95 stones), got persephone, sadalmelik, and dragon rider

I assume only persephone is worthwhile?

Quantum

rolled for no real reason: Ryune (third), ars nova, luminel, ganeshia (second)

free MP points I guess.

might try multiple ryune on Bmyr team with the skill badge - seems oddly fun.

- why is the badge 50% - why not 40? at 50% you still need at least 3 SBR to reach 100%.

free MP points I guess.

- why is the badge 50% - why not 40? at 50% you still need at least 3 SBR to reach 100%.
Turns 2 SBR into 90% instead of 80%, which... makes you more angry at the game when it fails I guess?

Bladelaw

free MP points I guess.

In the event of a Bind/Awakening Bind-->Skill bind combo like in Star Justice you still have a coin flip's chance at resisting the Skill Bind and being SOL. I'll take the 50% over 40% in that case.

hermit7

2 rolls all from free stones.

Diadem (sold)

Eschamali! New maybe a little older now but still great. Actually happy about this one even though dark seems to be lagging behind for the moment.

b33r

I finally beat sea of trees, what a pain in the ass. I ended up using my Myr team. She isn't leveled all the way yet, partly plussed, and barely skilled. This is definitely the team I'm going to hyper next. Apocalypse, adqxq, and Saria are max skilled. Need to finish Myr and Wukong, then finish plussing the team.

Quantum

In the event of a Bind/Awakening Bind-->Skill bind combo like in Star Justice you still have a coin flip's chance at resisting the Skill Bind and being SOL. I'll take the 50% over 40% in that case.

I guess that makes sense - you will always at minimum have 50% chance of resisting a skill bind (for what good 50% does).

Bladelaw

I finally beat sea of trees, what a pain in the ass. I ended up using my Myr team. She isn't leveled all the way yet, partly plussed, and barely skilled. This is definitely the team I'm going to hyper next. Apocalypse, adqxq, and Saria are max skilled. Need to finish Myr and Wukong, then finish plussing the team.

Any luck on Sea of Stars? I've cleared it once and would like to again to get the light monster. It's a hard dungeon without the ALB cheese team.

Coop it's not so bad since you have access to more than one or two delays.

I tend to type out my strategies for dungeons so I can reference them later and hopefully help others (or get a better idea on a solution)
I've run with You Yu, Sumire, and AA Luci, You Yu is SO MUCH EASIER. It's still tricky but not nearly as rough as trying with a tanky row team.

FL1: Smash

FL2: Delay/Grav or just eat the resolve counter (it's not bad) and kill

FL3: Smash, heal too if possible

FL4: Kill, Heal some more if necessary from Water Pressure

FL5: Smash, heal if needed, try to save skills, the rough part is starting soon.

FL6: Fuck this floor. Good news is if you beat Ronia-tama's combo check you'll kill everything. Kill ASAP, true damage won't save you here. 2/3 tamas are vulnerable to delay/defense break so there could be an option here. With You Yu though a 6 combo activation should kill them all. Blonia is a solid choice, so is Skuld and Ryune.

FL7: Orochi/Zeta Hydra/Any delay user is your best friend here. Wait until there's 1 turn left on his damage and combo shield and delay him. Once it wears off just wreck him. Depending on your delay use you can do this over a couple turns to charge other skills. this floor is the absolute WORST if you don't have a delay. I stalled it out with Sumire and then found myself in a real pickle the following floor.

FL8: You need to crack 8,888,888 defense and 888,888 HP. Delay here and pop something like Skuld. A strong gravity (Mzeus, Zera, etc) will crack their resolve for something like a one hit kill. Without a spike Sumire isn't doing it, Myr isn't doing it, Kaede will but we already know she's OP. A defense break works AMAZINGLY here too, combine with a delay and it's GG.

My recommended teams:
Team A:
You Yu
Skuld/Blonia (something for the combo shield)
A. Sun Quan/Orochi (A delay, A. Sun Quan also gives you the insurance spike if needed)
Scheat (Defense cracker, can replace with a defense break and/or a gravity)
Andromeda (For the heals and SBR, every trash floor will peck away at HP)

Team B:
You Yu
<delay> (2 or more turns for insurance but only 1 turn is required)
<Delay> (2 or more turns for smooth sailing Orochi is ideal)
Blue OE awakening heavy monster (Acubens, Xmas Paulina, etc)
< 30% gravity/Def Break>

Ideally you want to only use skills on floors 6, 7, and 8, You Yu, Andromeda, and Scheat should keep you in blues until then, though orb trolling is possible. Team B is all utility since they should be able to get away with 5O1E matching their way through trash floors. 3 delays between both teams lets you be sloppy on FL2, 7, and 8. The gravity/Def break is for the final floor.

Floor 2 is Delay
Floor 6 is Blona/Skuld/Ryune
Floor 7 is Delay
Floor 8 is Delay, Gravity/Def Break

With this setup the real danger is floor 6. Screw up the combo check and you're likely fucked.

b33r

I haven't tried Sea of stars yet in NA. Tried it a few times on my JP account and my Sumire team has no problem getting to the boss, just can't seem to do enough damage to kill him with that team. Will give it some tries with the You Yu team.

Bladelaw

So with 4x coming up, anyone want to ALB/Dios spam Devil Rush for Grisar skill ups? I'm going to try to get all the irritating skill ups out of the way during the PAX West event. Basically all the Rogues and rushes that need it (FU Yamato Rush).

I was also looking into the 297 Zeus dungeon. Stacked with God Killers an AALuci team only needs to hit 1.55 million damage per sub to One Hit KO Zeus. My plan is to bring:
AALuci (Akechi)
D/R Haku
D/R Persephone
Fenrir (Maeda Keiji)
D/L Castor
AALuci

Every floor should be manageable with Castor and Persephone keeping me in Orbs until Zeus. I plan on popping Friend Luci on the mask and waiting out their turns to build up the Maede/Akechi inherits then on Zeus, Keiji --> Haku --> Akechi for the win.

yami4ct

I'm addicted to co-op farming now. It's so damn cheap, efficient and also fun in its own way. My ALB team can't be done soon enough.

What is co-op farming? Like, I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I have never seen or done co-op.
Two players take turns, switching teams each turn (you share leaders and combine HP but your subs are your own)

You share some awakenings (skill boosts most prominently), you have twice the sub pool, and dungeons cost half stamina in co-op, meaning you can trivially farm certain dungeons with the right teams for a very long time.

yami4ct

What is co-op farming? Like, I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I have never seen or done co-op.

Co-Op is a feature they added not too long ago. It's done through the 'multiplayer' menu and allows you to play any non-one time dungeon with another player. Your HP pools and certain awakenings are pooled and you take turns making matches. The real kicker that dungeons only cost 1/2 stamina to run co-op which makes farming 50 stamina skill up dungeons way easier, quicker and more efficient.

The only real issue is that there is no real in-game matchmaking, so you need to find people to co-op with outside of the game. The PAD Reddit discord seems like the easiest place to find partners right now. The reddit wiki guide has a good overview of what gets pooled and what doesn't for co-op teams. The only thing that's really out of date with them is that the update that pools Skill Boost awakenings has been live in NA for a bit and they now allow pretty much any dungeon to be run co-op now.

Quantum

- co-op play enables you to run most dungeons with another player (you take turns)
- there are a bunch of advantages (awakenings stack, hp increases)
- co-op is half stamina

farming teams have been created to enable push button farming of difficult content at half stamina.

Awoken Lei Bei as a leader with skilled up multiple of zeus-dios (on both teams) with some variation destroys most content right now.
(there are other push buttons but if you see ALB its a variation of above)

yami4ct

There are quite a few squads designed specifically for Co-Op right now. Awoken Cao Cao, Machine Zeus, Machine Hera, Machine Athena, and Awoken Liu Bei are the most prominent, but you even still see Goemon teams still running.

As mentioned ALB is by far the most popular. The two main cards you need to know for him are ALB Himself and the fairly new Zeus-Dios Ult. Teams typically consist of ALB, 3 Zeus Dios and a flex spot that changes depending on what dungeon is running. The Skill Inheritance you need to run on ALB and the flex card depend on the dungeon as well.

For example: A Myr ALB farm team will run Thanatos to void light damage on one ALB lead, a poison/true damage on the other and a heavy gravity like Hathor or A Hades on one of the team's flex cards. The flex card on one team exists primarily to carry the gravity skill inherit, so it's going to be a low CD green sub. Having a Dragon Killer awakening to boost damage against the boss is a plus, but not required. Leeza, Tengu and G/G Astaroth are some of the most popular to fill that role. On the other team, the flex is a green board change.

Bladelaw

My alt rolled Sherias Roots. What the hell am I supposed to do with that? I don't have enough MP for RagDrag but I do have normal Sherias. No Kali's either. I guess I'll back burner it and hope it's not out of the meta by the time I can build the team?

Bladelaw

Pulled Ganesha and Persephone, both dupes. Would there be any use to having multiples of these monsters or should I sell them for the 10k MP?
Ganesha can be evo'ed to either boost rank xp or stay as a coin booster. Having one of each means you don't have to choose.

Persephone's D/R form has god killer and her D/G form boosts rows, awoken is far superior unless you need the killer.

J0dy77

You should, and then get a third one the next time it comes around. That allows you stall infinitely by using a XM each turn which means you can farm Arena and not worry about skill up any more. It's even better if you don't have the time to do multiplayer. Just find someone on Discord to do Arena disconnect to take advantage of the half stamina while doing it at your own leisure.

Since there hasn't been any new MP monster announced for the JP side, there will be at least months before we see anything new in the MP store. Plenty of time to restock MP points until then.

I just have a very hard time farming 300k as f2p player. Will take me forever. My XM team can already clear arena without issue using rrh and mamiya. I'll just keep those two in the last slots and make due. The way the meta is moving so quickly now I don't want to invest too much until any one team.

jay23

Please let us get akechi skill ups for 4x. I'm glad all the carnivals are coming next coin rotation.

I Rolled 3 times today

Hanzo
Sheen
3000 mp trash

Any point of saving for gfe rem anymore? JP got that such a long time ago.

Was only planning on doing 1-2 rolls on JP GF, but first roll was dupe Astaroth and second roll was Genie so I got angry and rolled a Forest Bahn and then finally a Satsuki. Not sure if I should continue or not

yami4ct

Decided to roll all my stones on my JP side since any card that I could probably use is a GFE. I honestly can't see any pantheon gods giving me good help without a new GFE leader. The results were about what you could expect from a GFE only godfest. Not good.

2 Riders, Dupe Red Riding hood, 4 cyber cards, a Sherias (The not great blue one), the evo of that weird 4* yellow dragon, Scheat, a 3rd Balboa (Sold), and a second Australis

I can't say I'm happy, but maybe some of these cards will be back in style someday. I guess I'm still holding onto Panda for the time being. Time to hoard stones for the PCGF again and pray one of my cards gets a boost.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
3 rolls, 3 dupes....i missed PaD.

Also disappointing Awoken version for U&Y...why GungHo.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
As someone with more Ra's than any sane person should have (6 btw) it's incredibly handy for either a guerilla smashing team or as inherits on pretty much any team.

Should I go A. Ra for the extra damage at the same CD, at least for the first one? A magnitude of 7's seems like a pretty big difference (as does sunburst knuckle being the cooler skill name).

Rolled thrice today; got Kakkab, a dupe Verdandi, and a dupe Undine. I'm the trashman, I pull garbage!

Jagernaut

I rolled 4 times today hoping for Castor.

Sumire - good
Ra - dupe but useful
Beast Rider - dupe, sold for mp
Sleeping Beauty (evolved) - ok, but no skillup cards available in our version

J0dy77

Rolled once today getting suckered into 4x GFE hype. Pulled my third durga... so useless.

On a completely different topic, does anyone in here play Summoner's War? Picked this up a couple weeks ago and getting hooked on it and I'm not sure why. Very grindy game but addictive and fun.

Three pulls today:
Leeza - dupe
Avalon Drake
Kopis

It's supposed to be a dark Gala too, lol

Wondering if I should pull again or wait for Kenshin

Bladelaw

Main account pulls:
Markab
Castor (number 5 I think?)
Satsuki (second...thinking about selling or using for inheritance, not sure yet)
Silver garbage
Anubis (number 4...)

So 18000 MP and possibly another 15000 if I don't want to inherit Satsuki

Question for the group: What does a mid level Sherias Roots team look like? My alt doesn't have any Roots friends (because it's only rank 170ish and has a stupid amount of luck). Plenty of GFE's but oddly few pantheon gods. I've paired a janky ass Roots team with my main's Ra Dragon and cleared some of the challenge descended dungeons (Aamir, Grimoires, and the one below it). I don't have any of the major rainbow players on that account (Orochi, Indra, Isis, Dkali).

I'm thinking of the following: Roots, Linthia, Wedding Izanami, D/L Yomi, Okuninushi

I need to get that account a padherder. The above covers my bases, gives me 3 full board changes, a shield, a delay, full SBR so I can use the unbindable leader badge. D/L Yomi is insurance for shitty comboing and a spike to make up for the lack of dragons on the team. I've been using Sherias (not roots) over linthia because that account doesn't have her yet and having xmas alraune sub in for Okuni to keep color coverage. Even with that level of garbage the team crushed endless (standard) which is something that account hasn't done yet. Also pairing with Ra Dragon makes up for the lack of dragons until I get some more staple players.

EDIT: doing some more research it looks like I can make a solid Sherias Roots team with a couple farmables and the Sun Quan in my box.
Roots, B/G Quan (mostly for on type color coverage and a useful active), Gainaut, Sonia Gran, <bind clear>
Not sure who to slot in for the bind clear slot. Uevo Aamir is really my only option at the moment though. Kirin would be perfect but no luck on getting her (or any of the 5 Chinese elements)

Should I go A. Ra for the extra damage at the same CD, at least for the first one? A magnitude of 7's seems like a pretty big difference (as does sunburst knuckle being the cooler skill name).

Rolled thrice today; got Kakkab, a dupe Verdandi, and a dupe Undine. I'm the trashman, I pull garbage!

So I went Awoken with all my Ra's because it looks cooler and the extra damage is actually useful for things like fatty metal dragon. I don't have a use for the other uevos too so that helps.

MiTYH

Rolled one time (since I stupidly did 2 yesterday) and got Great Earl of Hell, Ronove.

I... dont know much about him, but looking at him, skill is pretty good. I think he'll work well with my Kaede, since he spawns Heal orbs from non-wood orbs.

My wood game is turning out really good, if only I actually got some green jewels...

Ducarmel

^Dont you have like 3 Kaedes, I think the Ronove team is 2 keades, Ragnorak Dragon (or Dkali) and a card to cover red and blue.

I got got about 10-12 pulls but only did 4 pulls on my jp main and alt

GRYMxoz.gif

About sums it up, saving the rest of my stones for the eventual pantheon/gfe that will mirror Kenshin/Ultimate Muscle Colab golds.

I will pull on NA in a bit and edit in my disappointment.

Top Bottom