• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Ducarmel

Sorry confused you with unrealist who has 5 kaede's

If you got Sakuya she is a good sub covers bind clear, gravity and blue attribute.

J0dy77

Interested to hear if people are going to roll in the Kenshin collab? It just seems gimmicky to chase after Kenshin because he can make huge numbers on your screen. He's great for damage but really lacking in the surivavability department. He wouldn't replace XM or Myr for me, more of just a nice to have.

Jagernaut

Interested to hear if people are going to roll in the Kenshin collab? It just seems gimmicky to chase after Kenshin because he can make huge numbers on your screen. He's great for damage but really lacking in the surivavability department. He wouldn't replace XM or Myr for me, more of just a nice to have.

I'll do a few rolls. 3 of the 5 silvers have useful skills I would inherit.

Bladelaw

I like the property and the potential for damage capping content is pretty tempting. I also have a near ideal team for Kenshin. Terra, 2 tsubakis, and Gadius/kiriko/Saria.

Ducarmel

Strongest glass cannon in the game is novelty enough for some to chase after Kenshin.

I would not be surprised in the collab update several months from now if he gets a split ultimate or ultimate ultimate that either gives him heart shield or like ultimate muscle 2xhp/rcv but reduced attack multiplier on his red/light crosses.

I'm only rolling for the silvers.

b33r

2 pulls, Australis which is new, and Cerberus rider, sold.

I'm getting close to another mp card, but there isn't really any I want. I guess I'll wait for the next set or debate buying plum if anaphon comes here.

W-00

Considering a courtesy roll in the Kenshin collab, but definitely not chasing. I'll have to take a look at the other cards in the collab before I decide for sure.

Jagernaut

Strongest glass cannon in the game is novelty enough for some to chase after Kenshin.

I would not be surprised in the collab update several months from now if he gets a split ultimate or ultimate ultimate that either gives him heart shield or like ultimate muscle 2xhp/rcv but reduced attack multiplier on his red/light crosses.

I'm only rolling for the silvers.

Which silvers? I missed out on Vaan so I really want Kamiya for her top and bottom row orb change. Great for combo shields when using ALB.

Ducarmel

Which silvers? I missed out on Vaan so I really want Kamiya for her top and bottom row orb change. Great for combo shields when using ALB.

I don't have a multi lazer like Ra or equivalent card so I would not mind getting a Kamatari or 2.

Yeah Kamiya is very useful for combo shields would like to have her for my blue teams I often neglect

The other silver do have uses I may use them or never but I would not mind having 1 of each just in case. I will only pull until i get Kamatari 5 pulls max.

Bladelaw

Sumire system is finally complete. I was afraid I'd need to py the last Sumire if this wasn't going to go through.

My friends list is full so I need to open up some slots for more Sumire friends. Right now I've just been slumming it with B. Myrs and You Yus. I plan on running this team extensively in the near future. Basically any dungeon that allows dupes.

Anyone looking to run Sumire? Mine are hypered and I'll be slotting either SDR or HP latents as they become available.

Jagernaut

Pulled 1 more time and got Satsuki #3. I like her but without God or Devil type I can't find a good place for her on my teams. Maybe she will get an ultimate evo with a 3rd type.

Bladelaw

Pulled 1 more time and got Satsuki #3. I like her but without God or Devil type I can't find a good place for her on my teams. Maybe she will get an ultimate evo with a 3rd type.

She's got a solid active and dragon typing which means she'll find a home on Ana X Typhon. Her damage is insane. It's a shame Awoken Persephone needs water to do maximum damage otherwise Satsuki would be perfect there.

Facebook says Fire and Dark Shibamarus have been added to the Fire and Dark carnival coin dungeons.

Well I guess I can save those badpys now. 2 Akechis to skill up.

idk when this got added, but there's some weird PAD storyline stuff on the official website involving the dragonbound and some other monsters
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/story/index.html

Like look at some of these relationship charts lol
saria_diagram.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I pulled a few but am not entirely sure what to think. I have basically nothing, so remember that...Not shown are a dupe Horus and a Kanna from this morning with dungeon stones.

I have 3 Ronove now. What a fantastically weird problem to have.

FWS7fTAl.png

Jagernaut

She's got a solid active and dragon typing which means she'll find a home on Ana X Typhon. Her damage is insane. It's a shame Awoken Persephone needs water to do maximum damage otherwise Satsuki would be perfect there.

Facebook says Fire and Dark Shibamarus have been added to the Fire and Dark carnival coin dungeons.

Unfortunately I have 2 Gadius but no Typhons.

I need to skill my 2nd Akechi so I'll be running Dark Carnival until he is done.

W-00

Sumire system is finally complete. I was afraid I'd need to py the last Sumire if this wasn't going to go through.

My friends list is full so I need to open up some slots for more Sumire friends. Right now I've just been slumming it with B. Myrs and You Yus. I plan on running this team extensively in the near future. Basically any dungeon that allows dupes.

Anyone looking to run Sumire? Mine are hypered and I'll be slotting either SDR or HP latents as they become available.

Just now put my Sumire in slot 1. She's not quite max level or max skilled (5/7, I'll be working on that today after I clear some other priorities), but she's +297. No need to waste a space adding a suboptimal Sumire, though - we're already friends.

Ah, good. I also have two Akechis to skill up. Seems I'll finally have to buy a coin dungeon once they rotate back in.

Bladelaw

Took Sumire out for a test drive on Ultimate Endless and holy shit. I made it to Lkali. Survived the big hit (Cross + isis shield) and managed to get her to 5% (then got wrecked). I was 1 combo shy and I had the orbs too. Still looking at padx it looks like Ultimate Endless Kali hits harder than Arena 2 Kali so that bodes really well.

b33r

I ran a few alt tech challenge mode to get another stone, hoping for Kaede/Sumire.

Silver egg, Dragonette. Whelp... Had the mats, made Fafnir his heart cross form. I can make a good team for him, but nobody runs him lol. I tried pairing with Kaede, but they don't mesh well.

I'll keep it and make a team for fun. Maybe try to find a friend or two that run him.

J0dy77

So I pulled a few but am not entirely sure what to think. I have basically nothing, so remember that...Not shown are a dupe Horus and a Kanna from this morning with dungeon stones.

I have 3 Ronove now. What a fantastically weird problem to have.

FWS7fTAl.png

Sumire is a top tier lead and worth building around, embrace the water/heart meta !!!

Took Sumire out for a test drive on Ultimate Endless and holy shit. I made it to Lkali. Survived the big hit (Cross + isis shield) and managed to get her to 5% (then got wrecked). I was 1 combo shy and I had the orbs too. Still looking at padx it looks like Ultimate Endless Kali hits harder than Arena 2 Kali so that bodes really well.

I just cleared Sea of Trees with Sumire. Really like Sumire now. I've been using a lot of Beach Lak paired with B. Myr, which is easier, but Sumire really rewards you for the extra skill required. Probably going to attempt my first arena clear this weekend with her.

Yolo rolled the godfest and got Gremory :). And my alt rolled a Panda this morning to make co-op a little easier. Really feel like I'm moving on from Panda, cross meta just caught my interest.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sumire is a top tier lead and worth building around, embrace the water/heart meta !!!

Guess I'll start pooping experience on her.

Also couldn't hold back and rolled one more. L. Kali - not gonna complain.

Are there any poverty Sumire teams I can start with until I get more goodies?

E: Also, I am confused about a few things. I was running a dungeon with Sumire and a Sniper at Rest, Myr partner. I did a full blue board change and triggered a x7 multiplier. But I didn't match a heart cross. What triggered the x7? I didn't get any skyfall combos, either. And is Sumire's skill exactly 5 orbs or at least 5 orbs to trigger?

W-00

E: Also, I am confused about a few things. I was running a dungeon with Sumire and a Sniper at Rest, Myr partner. I did a full blue board change and triggered a x7 multiplier. But I didn't match a heart cross. What triggered the x7? I didn't get any skyfall combos, either. And is Sumire's skill exactly 5 orbs or at least 5 orbs to trigger?

Exactly five. Now, as to the multiplier, were you facing new enemies without pre-emptives? Summyr's bonuses carry over if you sweep the board of enemies and the new ones don't have a pre-emptive.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Exactly five. Now, as to the multiplier, had the enemy had a chance to move since the last time you moved? Summyr's bonuses carry over if you sweep the board of enemies and the new ones don't have a pre-emptive.

Can you explain what you mean for the carryover? Because yes - the previous board was a sweep and I still had a Def boost flashing on my health bar.

Unrelated, upon further research, I decided to not save my 10 stones for tomorrow since Day 2 seems to trump Day 3 in every way. Ra and Hamal. I probably need to re-sharpen my combo skills now.

Rolled a bunch to get me down to 50 stones

-Red Riding Hood
-Castor
-Valkyrie
-Genie
-Dragonette
-Ur-Chimera
-Horus
-Fenrir

I just wanted one of the names I'm always hearing about :( The power, the pain of RNG

Quantum

Can you explain what you mean for the carryover? Because yes - the previous board was a sweep and I still had a Def boost flashing on my health bar.

Unrelated, upon further research, I decided to not save my 10 stones for tomorrow since Day 2 seems to trump Day 3 in every way. Ra and Hamal. I probably need to re-sharpen my combo skills now.

easiest answer to that is - if def is flashing you have the reduction and the 7x still active.

longer: if you sweep a floor with the active still intact (don't get hit) and you move to teh next floor - if there is not pre-emptive shield, damage or action (including text) you will keep the damage reduction and the damage buff. This lasts until either you are hit or a pre-emptive action is taken.

in the older levels and in the decends this means that if you set up the heart match and sweep the first floor you can keep the 7x dmg buff for the entire dungeon by just sweeping (like the old damage shield/shiva mechanic)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
easiest answer to that is - if def is flashing you have the reduction and the 7x still active.

longer: if you sweep a floor with the active still intact (don't get hit) and you move to teh next floor - if there is not pre-emptive shield, damage or action (including text) you will keep the damage reduction and the damage buff. This lasts until either you are hit or a pre-emptive action is taken.

in the older levels and in the decends this means that if you set up the heart match and sweep the first floor you can keep the 7x dmg buff for the entire dungeon by just sweeping (like the old damage shield/shiva mechanic)

Fascinating. Thanks - should make clearing OG Hera and Zeus a breeze once my team is leveled!

Kwhit10

Pulled 2 more times and got Karin (#3) and freyja (new)

Freyja will be nice to use with Spica as subs onany wood teams since they will have 80% SBR between them.

W-00

Made courtesy pulls with my alt and my main. Alt got Antares, which I don't know if it will ever use. Main got Arcline, which would be great if I were still maining my healer team, but is just about useless to me right now. At least it's something to use Chickenbowls on.

In unrelated news: Today's PreDRAs gave me the HP latent I needed to finally pentamax my Pandora. 3 HP and two SDR.

b33r

I realized that that Australis pull I got today was indeed a dupe. Sold it, sold a dupe Satsuki and Shiva as well, which put me over the 300k mark. And I bought plum. I have a great team for anaphon with her and am one good sub short of a team for her. I would have to use off color/type or the poison guy from bleach I max skilled.

Either way, wanted the card. Good sub, love the art. Crossing fingers for anaphon to come, will be my main team when she does.

J0dy77

Guess I'll start pooping experience on her.

Also couldn't hold back and rolled one more. L. Kali - not gonna complain.

Are there any poverty Sumire teams I can start with until I get more goodies?

This confused me as well after i first got Myr but then the lightbulb went off. It's kind of like when defense break carries over from round to round, the defense and 49x count as a buff not an activation. As long as you clear the floor and the subsequent floor doesnt have a preemptive, the buff statys. You'll see the little shield hanging around at the far left of the health bar.

It really makes Myr an amazing farm lead for older content that didn't have preemptive every floor. You can make a cross on the first floor and then have free reign to pop 49x with as many light matches as you want every other floor. It also helps a ton on the legend plus dungeons that don't have actives every turn and there are a decent amount of them.

W-00

Well, just finished max-skilling my Sumire. Just gotta give her a few more levels and load her with some latents and she'll be pentamaxed.

Speaking of, what is a good latent set-up for Sumire? I'm already building rainbow-resists on two of her subs (Ryune and Summurd), so she doesn't need those.

Bladelaw

I realized that that Australis pull I got today was indeed a dupe. Sold it, sold a dupe Satsuki and Shiva as well, which put me over the 300k mark. And I bought plum. I have a great team for anaphon with her and am one good sub short of a team for her. I would have to use off color/type or the poison guy from bleach I max skilled.

Either way, wanted the card. Good sub, love the art. Crossing fingers for anaphon to come, will be my main team when she does.
You make a compelling argument. I think i'll join you in that questionable decision.

Well, just finished max-skilling my Sumire. Just gotta give her a few more levels and load her with some latents and she'll be pentamaxed.

Speaking of, what is a good latent set-up for Sumire? I'm already building rainbow-resists on two of her subs (Ryune and Summurd), so she doesn't need those.

Skill delay resist is a solid choice. It keeps the system alive and its the biggest threat to activation.

b33r

You make a compelling argument. I think i'll join you in that questionable decision.

Skill delay resist is a solid choice. It keeps the system alive and its the biggest threat to activation.

If Anaphon doesn't come over I'll regret it slightly. My dark and fire boxes are strong, so I like adding to them. Slowly making my light and water boxes stronger, green has a ways to go. And I like having good cards/options. If I ever pull Gremory, my box will be ready for that to.

Honestly, she was the only mp cards I didn't have that I wanted and by the time new ones come out, I'm sure I'll be close to another again.

Bladelaw

If Anaphon doesn't come over I'll regret it slightly. My dark and fire boxes are strong, so I like adding to them. Slowly making my light and water boxes stronger, green has a ways to go. And I like having good cards/options. If I ever pull Gremory, my box will be ready for that to.

Honestly, she was the only mp cards I didn't have that I wanted and by the time new ones come out, I'm sure I'll be close to another again.

She's no dragon but still useful on Typhon's team. I do wish her killer awakening was more useful. Oh well what's done is done.

Across the board? Well, I have one SDR left over, so I can get to work on that right away.
I'm having trouble thinking of a better option. Isis or an unbindable should have rainbow resists for 100% gravity but otherwise what else would you need? Maybe ATK or HP latents?

I'm probably buying plum now too. My Gremory is almost hyper already, I've got a ton of hyper subs I can throw on the team, and I've got Typhon in case his ult comes here. I'm like 50k short but I guess I'll actually grind some this weekend.

Gives me a ready made end game team. Would put together a Myr team but evolving her has been such a pain in the dick.

NineH

rolled a few times yesterday hoping to get a Ganesha. Instead I got these

exa hydra
Arcline
basilisk

UGH, the silver lining is that Arcline is a good inherit for XM at least

Kreed

Made the mistake of going into that Zeus gift dungeon with a "easy" team thinking it was like the normal one. Eh well, lesson learned. Guess I'll run it with Myr later. I won't be surprised when the other "gift" dungeons stop being gifts soon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is today's godfest worth rolling on? My initial impression was "probably not", but given that my box is still small and expanding, I figured it's worth asking from folks who know the contents better than me.

linsivvi

Is today's godfest worth rolling on? My initial impression was "probably not", but given that my box is still small and expanding, I figured it's worth asking from folks who know the contents better than me.

Both pantheons are underwhelming, no JP dragoncallers. Hard pass.

Top Bottom