• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Ducarmel

I need to farm green jewels today and light jewels tomorrow. I am prepared for disappointment.

Is today's godfest worth rolling on? My initial impression was "probably not", but given that my box is still small and expanding, I figured it's worth asking from folks who know the contents better than me.

Rozuel is a great sub for Ronove if your serious about building a team for him, She covers Red and Blue, turns light to hearts, unbindable, and can clear binds.

Bladelaw

297 Zeus defeated.
Team:
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer (Maeda Keiji)
Yomidragon
Eschamali
Akechi
Awoken Pandora
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer (Awoken Loki)
No bind leader badge
All Hypermaxed (My luci is missing 7 HP +eggs)

FL1: At most 1 can attack and you survive. Burn a skill if more than 1 will attack to clear the unshielded ones.

FL2: Get ready for some stalling action
Do the following as soon as possible
-Luci lazer the middle mask.
-Luci lazer the yellow mask.
-Keep yourself above 42,218 HP
-plink at the dark mask until all skills are up. I chose to plink it to death, this was time consuming, hoard dark orbs for the next floor if possible.

FL3: Row + combo kills, use Eschamali or Yomigon to give it to you if you didn't hoard them from the previous floor.

FL4: 2 Rows kill, pop Loki/I&I if you don't have 2 rows and make 1

FL5: Keiji inherit, Pandora, Akechi and either Yomigon or Eschamali to clear any jammers. Loki/I&I if you didn't the previous floor. 2 Rows + combos or a clean 3 row board will wreck his shit.

Bladelaw

...I just learned something new about locked orbs. That will make my next attempt easier.

I put Keiji on my Lucifer if we're friends. I can't get to my phone at the moment so I can't really open up new slots but I'll try to free up some tonight. I'll post as such when I do along with my ID.

linsivvi

I ran out of tans and was too lazy to farm more so I decided to give Zeus a handicap by using Keiji as a sub. Still no problem as devil teams are still pretty strong. I used Lubu/Luci as leaders with no inherit.

The +297 will go to my brand new Ragnarok Dragon.

Okamid3n

Didn't need Keiji here, I just cleared a bunch of locked orbs and ate Zeus' first attack, then I board change + orb change + damage enhance and did like 120 million damage.

This dungeon was definitely made for Lucifer.

If they can eat Zeus' first attack, this is an option for shuffle board-less folks like me.

Bladelaw

Didn't need Keiji here, I just cleared a bunch of locked orbs and ate Zeus' first attack, then I board change + orb change + damage enhance and did like 120 million damage.

If they can eat Zeus' first attack, this is an option for shuffle board-less folks like me.

Yeah I just saw an interesting You Yu (Sarasvati should be the same) clear using Zeus Mercury-->Blodin to create a blue heavy board taking advantage of the locked orbs to separate the combos. There's a lot of clever solutions out there, Keiji just provides the simplest.

Okamid3n

Oh yeah! For people not paying attention when accepting gifts, don't use your snow globe dragon rouge yet. (not that you should use it anyway on 4x skill up day right before the snow globes get their exp buffed).

The message said that if you use the red Snow globe dragon as a sub to clear liberty geist on either difficulty (subs only, not leader), you get three extra snow globe dragon rouges sometime later. That's a neat event, and I'm surprised they can tell if you used it or not.

Someone probably already mentioned this here but I didn't see it.

Jagernaut

297 Zeus defeated.
Team:
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer (Maeda Keiji)
Yomidragon
Eschamali
Akechi
Awoken Pandora
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer (Awoken Loki)
No bind leader badge
All Hypermaxed (My luci is missing 7 HP +eggs)

FL1: At most 1 can attack and you survive. Burn a skill if more than 1 will attack to clear the unshielded ones.

FL2: Get ready for some stalling action
Do the following as soon as possible
-Luci lazer the middle mask.
-Luci lazer the yellow mask.
-Keep yourself above 42,218 HP
-plink at the dark mask until all skills are up. I chose to plink it to death, this was time consuming, hoard dark orbs for the next floor if possible.

FL3: Row + combo kills, use Eschamali or Yomigon to give it to you if you didn't hoard them from the previous floor.

FL4: 2 Rows kill, pop Loki/I&I if you don't have 2 rows and make 1

FL5: Keiji inherit, Pandora, Akechi and either Yomigon or Eschamali to clear any jammers. Loki/I&I if you didn't the previous floor. 2 Rows + combos or a clean 3 row board will wreck his shit.

I just used your Lucifer to beat this.

A Lucifer - Loki inherit
A Pandora
A Persephone
Akechi
D/R Haku - for God killer and board change with Akechi to kill Zeus without worrying about jammers.

All hyper except for Haku who has +50 atk. Made a 4 combo which cascaded into a 10 combo (Persephone buff still active).

b33r

Yep, that's what I did. Didn't stall enough for Loki to be up first time, didn't make that mistake the second time.

Used Zeus to hyper my plum. Just need 3 of the dub-amelits to uvo her and she will be maxed other than latents. The light one has dropped every single time so far today, RNG...

Bladelaw

I'm hoping I can pull off the Liberty Geist snow globe challenge. I could really use those globes to max level Plum. Like you b33r I used Zeus to 297 her and gave her a quick spin paired with Typhon. I have a solid "no extra plum" team for her in just waiting for Akechi's balanced Uevo so even if Anaphon turns out to be like DBZ where we never get it she won't be a waste.

Seriously though I want Ana to come over to NA in the worst way. I'm hoping they announce it on the next stream. I'm salivating over the possibilities. Anaphon, Typhon, Yomidragon, BalAkechi, Satsuki sounds like a team that can smash pretty much anything. Hell use the SBR badge and swap Akechi and Satsuki for Lumiel x2. Prongs for days and the whole team is unbindable.

Gung Ho plz

b33r

I want Ace too, for my Bastet. But yeah, Ana is the dream. I'll have two balance Akechi's, Yomi Dragon, Plum, and Satsuki to play with. Should be very strong.

Edit: realized d/r Haku is Dragon type to. Could be subbed in for her killers and akechi combo.

I miss the Kali meta. Probably my favorite time in the game.
That was before my time I guess. I happened upon Thoria pretty early on and been using that for everything. However, Saria doesn't make a good ADQXQ sub but it's the best I've had until now. My friend and I have been running ADQXQ for multiplayer so he's gonna be stoked I pulled them when he gets back from vacation.

Okamid3n

I got two DKalis not long ago and I was like, "cool, that would've made for a good Ra Dragon when he was still relevant."

I know he's still good but he doesn't bring me anything that I can't do better now. Definitely not worth the mp.

Edit : So I cleared Geist while using the snow globe, but it doesn't seem like there's any indicator that I cleared the special mission.

Jagernaut

I max skilled my 2nd Akechi in 5/9 feeds today, feels good. My 1st was hypered a while ago. I'll probably make the 2nd one D/L when we get the ultimate evos.

Bladelaw

Liberty Geist challenge cleared with sumire system subbing the red globe over Isis. Alfecca was the annoying fight. It's not that challenging a dungeon but giving the run a 1 sub handicap makes you appreciate that extra skill.

Given the amount of HP geists second form has i'd strongly recommend a water team. Is there any reason to keep running the dungeon if you dont care about drops?

Jagernaut

Liberty Geist challenge cleared with sumire system subbing the red globe over Isis. Alfecca was the annoying fight. It's not that challenging a dungeon but giving the run a 1 sub handicap makes you appreciate that extra skill.

Given the amount of HP geists second form has i'd strongly recommend a water team. Is there any reason to keep running the dungeon if you dont care about drops?

I just got Sumire a few days ago and max skilled her. For the solo challenge, is it better to go defensive with Sumire or offensive with You Yu?

Bladelaw

I just got Sumire a few days ago and max skilled her. For the solo challenge, is it better to go defensive with Sumire or offensive with You Yu?
Damage control on alfecca is key. I did it fine paired with bmyr but if you can get past alfecca without hitting his rage then you should be able to steamroll geist with You Yu.

jay23

Can't believe I cleared this on my first try.. With a row lead no less(making 6 combos with rows is not fun)

ULf6bGU.jpg

A7GUZxN.jpg

Not even going to attempt legend plus

I got two DKalis not long ago and I was like, "cool, that would've made for a good Ra Dragon when he was still relevant."

I know he's still good but he doesn't bring me anything that I can't do better now. Definitely not worth the mp.

Ha same here I just have 2 dkalis chilling in my box. Occasionally I'll use my Ra team but other than that she doesn't get any use. I hope some time in the future they'll give her a new updated leader skill.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've been playing this game on and off for a little over 4 months now and this thread might as well not even be written in English. I'm not even sure I'm playing the same game as you guys. Just thought that was funny.

Oh, I popped in cause I have a question. I haven't done any of the Special Dungeons since I tried one months ago and got shellacked but I just did one randomly and went up like 10 or 20 ranks and got some sort of extreme tamadra thing and was curious what the hell I just did and what I'm supposed to do with this monster. I went to check puzzledragonx but the top comment on the monster's page was about the card art and the one below that was from a noob more confused than I am.

W-00

Sounds like you just ran "Experience of a Lifetime." It's a purposefully-easy dungeon given out every now and then to help new players rise in rank and ensure that more experienced players are still ranking up.

As to what to do with the Extreme King Metal Tamadra: Until next Thursday it has a chance of skilling up Eschamali. After that, its skill changes to dark Kali's. If you don't have either of those: It will give 200000 exp to whatever monster you feed it to (300000 if the monster is dark).

Just in case: I hope you're also running the 10 Egg Scramble dungeons. They're also purposefully-easy and give a Tamadra as a reward (in addition to the stone for clearing them).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ok thanks. I wonder how many of those I've missed over the last few months. I guess I'll keep my eye on the special dungeons.

Keep an eye out for any special dungeons labeled Gift, usually (the currently running Zeus+297 is a severe exception) they're designed to be cleared by almost any team.

Quantum

so, after 1255 days of playing

- gungho totally gave me a +297 dungeon that I'm supposed to spam stones on

- seriously - a little late.

- as a us player, I'll just wait for the "latent" benefits, you've already given me two by mail - seriously where is my next free 297 - ha - I don't have to play for it this - this is the US - we are behind for a reason right?

(ah and btw - wtf do we have to wait for the myr buff you gave jpn in less than a week?)

[more realistically - I tried this with both orchid and with myr and both want me to throw stones when I hit zeus - not worth it to me - as most of the late game has become totally random and not worth my time - I've started playing the early dungeons with teams that arent meta)

at this point I'm sure the meta will evolve to me having to buy the next great lead - but only after its out on the JPN servers for three months first.

{my fully skilled mastering is looking at this post and sad because I didn't bother}

Bladelaw

It's that day again...anyone looking to run star thieves treasure den with a button team let me know.

My group runs at 11pm US EAST I plan on running it all hour. Any other groups I will also run all hour if I can find a partner. My partner needs 11 skill boosts for my team to be online turn 1.

J0dy77

I've been playing this game on and off for a little over 4 months now and this thread might as well not even be written in English. I'm not even sure I'm playing the same game as you guys. Just thought that was funny.

Oh, I popped in cause I have a question. I haven't done any of the Special Dungeons since I tried one months ago and got shellacked but I just did one randomly and went up like 10 or 20 ranks and got some sort of extreme tamadra thing and was curious what the hell I just did and what I'm supposed to do with this monster. I went to check puzzledragonx but the top comment on the monster's page was about the card art and the one below that was from a noob more confused than I am.

Welcome to the thread. That's the experience dungeon that you ran to help you catch up with leveling and team cost. The tamdra reward is just for fusing to help level up your monsters, it gives a good chunk of experience when feeding.

Feel free to post you box and ask for help, we're always willing to help out new players.

so, after 1255 days of playing

- gungho totally gave me a +297 dungeon that I'm supposed to spam stones on

- seriously - a little late.

- as a us player, I'll just wait for the "latent" benefits, you've already given me two by mail - seriously where is my next free 297 - ha - I don't have to play for it this - this is the US - we are behind for a reason right?

(ah and btw - wtf do we have to wait for the myr buff you gave jpn in less than a week?)

[more realistically - I tried this with both orchid and with myr and both want me to throw stones when I hit zeus - not worth it to me - as most of the late game has become totally random and not worth my time - I've started playing the early dungeons with teams that arent meta)

at this point I'm sure the meta will evolve to me having to buy the next great lead - but only after its out on the JPN servers for three months first.

{my fully skilled mastering is looking at this post and sad because I didn't bother}

I had +297 beat on my first try with no stones and I f'd up the final turn by merging two hearts matches together with XM. 9x bonus with 2 rows is not equal to 20.5x with 2 rows, was so pissed. Got trolled a few more times and then I decided to just dump 2 stones to clear it because I didn't feel like running it anymore.

I'm seeing a decent amount of videos of different teams clearing it pretty easily without stoning. Awoken lucifer seems to be the most common with the orb refresh inherit. The nice thing with XM is that she has the HP to get through round 1 of zeus and clear all the locked orbs, you just have to match through the mortal poison locks on round 2 but can still activate and have enough.

The really sad part for me, I have Maeda Keiji max skilled from whenever that skill-up dungeon was around but never leveled him or put tamdras. Would have made zeus a lot easier.

forgrim

It's that day again...anyone looking to run star thieves treasure den with a button team let me know.

My group runs at 11pm US EAST I plan on running it all hour. Any other groups I will also run all hour if I can find a partner. My partner needs 11 skill boosts for my team to be online turn 1.

Mines at 10pm est if u want to hop in and run it over and over

Quantum

I had +297 beat on my first try with no stones and I f'd up the final turn by merging two hearts matches together with XM. 9x bonus with 2 rows is not equal to 20.5x with 2 rows, was so pissed. Got trolled a few more times and then I decided to just dump 2 stones to clear it because I didn't feel like running it anymore.

I'm seeing a decent amount of videos of different teams clearing it pretty easily without stoning. Awoken lucifer seems to be the most common with the orb refresh inherit. The nice thing with XM is that she has the HP to get through round 1 of zeus and clear all the locked orbs, you just have to match through the mortal poison locks on round 2 but can still activate and have enough.

The really sad part for me, I have Maeda Keiji max skilled from whenever that skill-up dungeon was around but never leveled him or put tamdras. Would have made zeus a lot easier.

- I'm just raging against the level I think.
- I keep getting terrible boards and although its 25 stamina I'm banging my head against the wall - I'll likely clear it eventually - but it just feels random and while probably addicted to the RNG of the game, when it flows against me I get pissy.

Ducarmel

Any suggestion what level to run for the carnivals at x2 drop. Just want to skill up 2 Akeshi's

I'm starting to notice that guy Cherie and his Alraune clears. Do you guys have uncommon leads that your determined to win with?

I'm not bored with the game but I realize i try to build the best team for the current meta. I think i might want to try something like that pick a card nobody uses as a lead and zero stone a level 10 dungeon.

b33r

Any suggestion what level to run for the carnivals at x2 drop. Just want to skill up 2 Akeshi's

I'm starting to notice that guy Cherie and his Alraune clears. Do you guys have uncommon leads that your determined to win with?

I'm not bored with the game but I realize i try to build the best team for the current meta. I think i might want to try something like that pick a card nobody uses as a lead and zero stone a level 10 dungeon.

I've been running the cheapest one. The boss never dropped for me, but so far every other floor has. If that is the case, then that is probably best for just Akechi.

Just need one more skill up for my 2nd Akechi. Ana please.

yami4ct

For carnivals at 2x, run Int for basic drops, Master for Bosses.

After the Sarasvatti buff announcement i think i'll finally make a blue TPA/OE team.

Link

saras buffs aren't added yet but the team will have full SBr and 8 skill ups.

LiQuid!

Welcome to the thread. That's the experience dungeon that you ran to help you catch up with leveling and team cost. The tamdra reward is just for fusing to help level up your monsters, it gives a good chunk of experience when feeding.

Feel free to post you box and ask for help, we're always willing to help out new players.

Thanks. I still don't really know what I'm doing. The normal dungeons have gotten pretty hard where I'm at (they got hard after Castle of Satan), so I've just been trying to read a ton of the guides and FAQs that exist for this game to find out how I can make more progression. I brute force taught myself the ins and outs of leveling and evolving. Even simple stuff like learning how the box sorting and filters work eluded me for a long time.

I don't really have a clue how to put a team together so I've just been using the strongest ones (hp and atk) that I can fit in with my cost allowance. I need some evo materials like Keeper of Whatever and Dub-somethingorother in order to evolve some of the main stuff I'm using now. The biggest issue I have is I'm not sure where to focus my efforts in order to progress.

Here's screenshots of my box and team if that's helpful. http://imgur.com/a/p5r5N

I know there's a website where you can track all your monsters but I'm on ios and the website said the only way to do it was manually and I dunno the difference between good monsters and trash monsters so I didn't want to enter all 250 monsters manually.

chrono01

I know there's a website where you can track all your monsters but I'm on ios and the website said the only way to do it was manually and I dunno the difference between good monsters and trash monsters so I didn't want to enter all 250 monsters manually.
This is why I don't bother with Padherder. It's just way too much work to keep it updated, and I tend to add everything, even useless collaboration monsters. :/

Jagernaut

Drop rate is 100% in Int except for boss. If you need Haku and Pandora skillups run master, for everything else Int is more efficient. I max skilled Akechi in 1 day running Int (coop so only 10 stamina a run).

Because that padlistener app has been down forever I tried the PC proxy program thing but couldn't get it working :(

I manually entered everything last night except for trash mobs destined for feeding

It's useful in a sense just so I don't have to hold the phone in front of my face while looking at crap online but entering things manually is just garbage, even if the interface is relatively smooth.

Also "LKali" is shorthand for Sparkling Goddess of Secrets, Kali, right? Because I blew a ton of evo mats and dragons and tamadras on her just for funsies (and to clear up some box space).

Thanks. I still don't really know what I'm doing. The normal dungeons have gotten pretty hard where I'm at (they got hard after Castle of Satan), so I've just been trying to read a ton of the guides and FAQs that exist for this game to find out how I can make more progression. I brute force taught myself the ins and outs of leveling and evolving. Even simple stuff like learning how the box sorting and filters work eluded me for a long time.

I don't really have a clue how to put a team together so I've just been using the strongest ones (hp and atk) that I can fit in with my cost allowance. I need some evo materials like Keeper of Whatever and Dub-somethingorother in order to evolve some of the main stuff I'm using now. The biggest issue I have is I'm not sure where to focus my efforts in order to progress.

Here's screenshots of my box and team if that's helpful. http://imgur.com/a/p5r5N

Check out the Quest tab under the Other menu. The first quest will give you +100 team cost which should let you fit Ronove on your Bastet team. Trying to finish quests should give you immediate goals to accomplish as well. Whenever we get the next patch, everybody will also get a free +80 team cost which will help too.

IMO your number one goal is to get Bastet evolved. You can get a Keeper of Rainbow from Tuesday Dungeon Master and Dub-Mythlit from Friday Dungeon Expert. Those particular dungeons are clearable for you but have some gimmicks to watch out for (or you could piggyback off of somebody in co-op and ignore the gimmicks).

The Normal dungeons after Castle of Satan do get significantly more difficult, but you should be attempting the first couple of Technical dungeons instead.

I haven't tried it myself cause I'm on iOS but supposedly padlistener has gotten fixed
https://mischiefy1pad.wordpress.com/2016/07/21/padlistener-is-back/

jay23

Last couple of days have been very productive pad-wise.

Also finished my first akechi gonna work on my second tomorrow and also finish up d/r haku.

The padlistener work around is clutch but it takes some time to set everything up. Still better than having to enter everything manually.

J0dy77

Bastet is your best card right now and can carry you really far, focus on getting a wood team together. You don't have a lot else to work with unfortunately. Make sure you are not using your stones for anything other than pulling during Godfests which happen every two weeks (middle and end of month). Just have to work on building out your collection, it takes time or money whichever one you're more comfortable with. A lot of us have spent very little on the game but played for over 3 years.

LiQuid!

Check out the Quest tab under the Other menu. The first quest will give you +100 team cost which should let you fit Ronove on your Bastet team. Trying to finish quests should give you immediate goals to accomplish as well. Whenever we get the next patch, everybody will also get a free +80 team cost which will help too.

IMO your number one goal is to get Bastet evolved. You can get a Keeper of Rainbow from Tuesday Dungeon Master and Dub-Mythlit from Friday Dungeon Expert. Those particular dungeons are clearable for you but have some gimmicks to watch out for (or you could piggyback off of somebody in co-op and ignore the gimmicks).

The Normal dungeons after Castle of Satan do get significantly more difficult, but you should be attempting the first couple of Technical dungeons instead.

I haven't tried it myself cause I'm on iOS but supposedly padlistener has gotten fixed
https://mischiefy1pad.wordpress.com/2016/07/21/padlistener-is-back/

Bastet is your best card right now and can carry you really far, focus on getting a wood team together. You don't have a lot else to work with unfortunately. Make sure you are not using your stones for anything other than pulling during Godfests which happen every two weeks (middle and end of month). Just have to work on building out your collection, it takes time or money whichever one you're more comfortable with. A lot of us have spent very little on the game but played for over 3 years.

Thanks guys. I didn't even know there were quests in the game. They shouldn't hide those, that seems important. Already have most of the stuff done. The other stuff is clearing some certain dungeons I'll look into. +100 cost will be helpful.

The only thing I'm missing to evolve bastet atm is 1 of the 2 green dub monsters.

I think I've tried clearing an expert dungeon before I think and I got waxed real good. I'll try again

edit: hey in my first page, you guys see I got a couple of those bootleg versions of better god cards (with the lower case names) from the PAL machine last week, are those good for anything or should I just junk them? I dunno if they're worth trying to level up and put in my team compared to the better versions.

Since I started playing this I accumulated a lot of magic stones just from the login bonuses, even when I'm not playing I log in to see what I get. I've used almost all of those making my box bigger. Just this week I used the rare machine for the first time during the god fest thing which is where I got bastet and that guy with the sick guitar. I've been struggling this whole time with that kraken rider as my leader (I think he was my free pull when I started, I think that would have warranted a reroll had I knew what I was doing when I started)

Ducarmel

i need a new tablet for my alt accounts, i just need something that plays pad smoothly don't need anything fancy.

I'm thinking about getting the fire hd but I don't know if it supports jp version I cant find any answers to that question.

LiQuid!

Hey I can send someone a present and pick someone to be my best friend. I dunno what that means but all the friends I have on my list are just random people. Is this stuff valuable to anybody here that wants to add me? If so my ID is 380,404,479 just reply to this so I know to look for you in-game.

Hey I can send someone a present and pick someone to be my best friend. I dunno what that means but all the friends I have on my list are just random people. Is this stuff valuable to anybody here that wants to add me? If so my ID is 380,404,479 just reply to this so I know to look for you in-game.

Find someone to best friend that will keep a lead up that you need. Having a hyper maxed awoken Bastet would help you a lot in early game. She's not as popular as she once was, but I'm sure somebody uses her. Gifts you could try to find someone to trade them with so you get 2. It's not a huge deal.

Top Bottom