• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Okamid3n

Anyone up for a dozen or so runs of star vault in an hour and 15 minutes? My group starts at 11pm EST and I have a push button team, so you just need 4 skill boosts or more and a lead that is either Goemon/Yamato/Urd/ShivaDra/Rodin or Awoken Cao Cao. You won't need to do anything besides click the ready button after every game, so anyone is welcomed, regardless of your team.

Thanks guys. I didn't even know there were quests in the game. They shouldn't hide those, that seems important. Already have most of the stuff done. The other stuff is clearing some certain dungeons I'll look into. +100 cost will be helpful.

The only thing I'm missing to evolve bastet atm is 1 of the 2 green dub monsters.

I think I've tried clearing an expert dungeon before I think and I got waxed real good. I'll try again

edit: hey in my first page, you guys see I got a couple of those bootleg versions of better god cards (with the lower case names) from the PAL machine last week, are those good for anything or should I just junk them? I dunno if they're worth trying to level up and put in my team compared to the better versions.

Since I started playing this I accumulated a lot of magic stones just from the login bonuses, even when I'm not playing I log in to see what I get. I've used almost all of those making my box bigger. Just this week I used the rare machine for the first time during the god fest thing which is where I got bastet and that guy with the sick guitar. I've been struggling this whole time with that kraken rider as my leader (I think he was my free pull when I started, I think that would have warranted a reroll had I knew what I was doing when I started)

The badge that gives you an extra second of move time will help you hit Bastet's leader skill more consistently, so once you get your team cost smoothed out you probably want to switch to that badge.

I think you got the right idea with those mini versions of god monsters. Since you're still early in the game they's good filler for your teams if they have more synergistic active skills.

Generally speaking you want to wait for a PAL egg machine event that aligns with your current goal; most new accounts benefit the most from Enhance Carnival, and you can also roll the dice with the Evo Carnival for more exotic evolution materials. The other events aren't really worth bothering with unless you have an insane thirst for weird monsters.

Ronove is currently considered one of the best leaders in the game, but requires a lot of rare egg machine exclusive monsters to fire on all cylinders. Bastet has always been one of the more beginner-friendly leaders, has some lategame uses, and if we ever get the PADX Ace dungeon will go back to being endgame capable.

Liquid bro I still haven't sent my present from when I started my account more than a year ago, you can have it if you want.

ID is 374,871,357 username moblin

My only team is Green-based, so I have a lot of fat green monsters with maxed awakenings.

W-00

Since I started playing this I accumulated a lot of magic stones just from the login bonuses, even when I'm not playing I log in to see what I get. I've used almost all of those making my box bigger. Just this week I used the rare machine for the first time during the god fest thing which is where I got bastet and that guy with the sick guitar. I've been struggling this whole time with that kraken rider as my leader (I think he was my free pull when I started, I think that would have warranted a reroll had I knew what I was doing when I started)

Yeah, definitely start saving your stones for REM pulls (and only during Godfests or other events that you like, never the regular REM). You've got a lot of box space taken up by extra carbuncles and the like, so there's a lot of space that could be cleared out without losing anything of importance.

Hey I can send someone a present and pick someone to be my best friend. I dunno what that means but all the friends I have on my list are just random people. Is this stuff valuable to anybody here that wants to add me? If so my ID is 380,404,479 just reply to this so I know to look for you in-game.

There are four main differences between a friend and a Best Friend:
1. A friend's lead is available for eight hours from their last login while a best friend's lead is available for 24 hours from their last login.
2. When using a friend's lead for the first time in a day you get 10 pal points, while using a best friend's lead will get you 100 pal points.
3. Once you've used a friend's lead, you have to wait for them to log on again before you can use it again, while you can use a best friend's lead as many times as you like for the full 24 hours.
4. A friend will have two monsters available for you to use: the monster leading the team in their first slot and the monster leading the team they most recently used (often the same monster). A best friend will have those two available for you, and also the monster leading the team in their second slot.

Also, you can only select a Best Friend once*, and you can't get it back by removing the friend from your list, so be sure about who you choose.

*Actually, they will eventually reset that sort of thing and allow you to select a new best friend (while keeping your old one), but they've only done that once so far and there's no word on when they'll do it again.

Quantum

Hey I can send someone a present and pick someone to be my best friend. I dunno what that means but all the friends I have on my list are just random people. Is this stuff valuable to anybody here that wants to add me? If so my ID is 380,404,479 just reply to this so I know to look for you in-game.

Think about using your best friend on a leader you use very often, the best friend status allows you to continuously use that persons lead throughout the day (as long as they have played within the 24 hour time period)

it is very helpful in the early game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Aight thx for the tips. I sent you a request Moblin holler @ me and I'll send u a present.

Sounds like I'll just hold on to the best friend thing for now. Doesn't sound useful to just use on a random person. I don't really pay too much attention to which helper I use which is probably bad I guess. I usually am just happy if I see one that changes orb colors to something helpful.

Should I drop all my friends with shit leaders? I just accepted everybody I could cuz I figured it would get me pal point faster but I'd say a good 90% of them have shitty monsters.

Okamid3n

There are best friends "reset" from time to time that lets you keep your old best friend and lets you also add new ones. So make sure to use your best friend before this happens, or else it goes to waste!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You can't have more than one "best" friend tho! Somebody needs to tell Gung Ho how friendship works.

W-00

Should I drop all my friends with shit leaders? I just accepted everybody I could cuz I figured it would get me pal point faster but I'd say a good 90% of them have shitty monsters.

I'd recommend dropping the ones that haven't played in a while first. After all, if they aren't playing, they can't be using your leader and getting you pal points. You can check by selecting "Chng Ordr" and selecting "Played." That will list how long it's been since their last login.

LiQuid!

Sorry, noob question. When using fusion to awaken or skill up, can you feed a bunch of monsters at once, or will you waste them unless you feed them 1 at a time?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sorry, noob question. When using fusion to awaken or skill up, can you feed a bunch of monsters at once, or will you waste them unless you feed them 1 at a time?

You can use multiples at once.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's the best way to grind out monster XP right now? Nice got a ton of low level stuff that I want to work in after the GF rolls, but I haven't had to focus on this side of things for a while. Not sure what to run or farm at the moment.

Bladelaw

What's the best way to grind out monster XP right now? Nice got a ton of low level stuff that I want to work in after the GF rolls, but I haven't had to focus on this side of things for a while. Not sure what to run or farm at the moment.
The various jewel dragon guerilla dungeons are good. The king jewel invade is the best. Outside of that, Zaerog Infinite has a guaranteed super king drop which is the best way to fuse xp. The enhance pal carnival is on right now and that just dumps out XP.

Anyone want to run Jormagandr or Agni today? I'd like a dark Agni and I really want a max skill Jorm. I have an ALB team for Jorm so its pretty mindless.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The various jewel dragon guerilla dungeons are good. The king jewel invade is the best. Outside of that, Zaerog Infinite has a guaranteed super king drop which is the best way to fuse xp. The enhance pal carnival is on right now and that just dumps out XP.

Anyone want to run Jormagandr or Agni today? I'd like a dark Agni and I really want a max skill Jorm. I have an ALB team for Jorm so its pretty mindless.

I should have prefaced this with I don't even have enough *umph* to clear Ocean of Heaven without some luck.

Bladelaw

I should have prefaced this with I don't even have enough *umph* to clear Ocean of Heaven without some luck.
Oh... Well if you figure out which group you're in you can be carried through the super king guerillas. Let me know and I can button you through it in coop.

W-00

It's still the jewel dragons. PADX has a schedule for when they'll show up over the course of the day. If you make an account there it will figure out which group you're in and default to showing when they'll show up for you. Then you can use the multiplayer game room to ask for help getting through them. Plus, going multiplayer will save you stamina so you'll be able to go through them more times.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks guys. Looks like I have metals at 3 and 8 today. I'll wait until the later one because my wife and I are painting the deck right now. I'll post and see if anyone is available to help me out.

Can I just repeatedly pass turn? I don't have a poison team yet so I can't quick farm dragons yet, either.

yami4ct

Boy, A. Luci really lets you get away with a ton on Zeus 297. As long as you have any reasonable team, you're probably good to go. I ran Luci/Castor/Akechi/Loki/Awoken Haku/Luci (Maeda) and it went pretty damn smoothly. I didn't even have very many +eggs at all on them (my main worry). I was also running probably the worst Haku choice as D/R is probably a much better sub choice now.

D/L Castor is perhaps the perfect sub for that dungeon, though. Giving him God Killer really breathes new life into him as a sub. The fact he changes junk away also makes him really good for bursting Floor 4, the only real trouble floor as Floor 3 creates 10 turns of junk skyfall. Given all that, he might actually be the ideal sub choice over Panda who's the most common choice.

Okamid3n

Can I just repeatedly pass turn? I don't have a poison team yet so I can't quick farm dragons yet, either.

You can only pass once per run, but pushbuttoning a floor doesn't switch active player.

Yep, if you join someone's coop room and they have a pushbutton team, it'll never even be your turn, so it doesn't matter what your team is (unless they need a certain number of skillboosts).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone want to help me with Supers? I can't run a ton, but a few golds will help my team a bit.

Note that I have poo teams, so if you have a push button, that would be kind of awesome...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Room is back up. Sorry, ran out of space. Increased my capacity a bit so that doesn't happen again.

New Room ID is 6868 8801

E: Double post, sorry. Mobile and all that.

How is Plum as a lead now? I'm 50K from buying one as a sub for Grimory (who is tight as fuck by the way), and was wondering what the new balanced Akechi did for her viability. I could run Akechi x2 (I have 3, so one can be sub version), Gremory, and Typhon as subs. Not a system team or anything but it seems like it might be strong.

Bladelaw

How is Plum as a lead now? I'm 50K from buying one as a sub for Grimory (who is tight as fuck by the way), and was wondering what the new balanced Akechi did for her viability. I could run Akechi x2 (I have 3, so one can be sub version), Gremory, and Typhon as subs. Not a system team or anything but it seems like it might be strong.
Gremory is a better lead due to tankiness but Plum is a strong glassy lead with an extremely limited sub pool. As long as you can keep hearts and darks on the board she'll be fine for most things.

Since you already have Gremory the purchase won't be wasted so I'd say go for it.

LiQuid!

Moblin ur monsters so strong! I need better friends. The difference between using that strong, fully awoken monster and whatever the joe blow shitters on my friend list have is night and day.

There's a GAF friends list chilling in the OP somewhere. Might need a bit of cleaning out since it's been a few months since the OT went up but a lot of us are still playing.

Moblin ur monsters so strong! I need better friends. The difference between using that strong, fully awoken monster and whatever the joe blow shitters on my friend list have is night and day.

she's the only strong one I have RIP

it's the only team I have

I have an isis and a kali and I just got a ronove so I might try and work those in

W-00

Bought Dark Carnival a couple times today, and managed to max skill one of my Akechis. Only got two skill-ups on the other. It's progress.
I have an isis and a kali and I just got a ronove so I might try and work those in

Isis can be a very good leader (Kali too, but I don't have one so I can't talk about her) and sub. I evolved mine to her Shining form because I thought it would be a better leader than Awoken (and because I was nowhere near getting the pieces for Awoken), but I've since come around on Awoken being better and have switched mine over to it.

If you decide to go Awoken, you'll probably need someone to help in multiplayer, simply because one of the pieces is in a very late Technical dungeon, but it's also a fairly easy dungeon. Shouldn't be hard to find someone who can get you through it.

cw_sasuke

I gotta say im digging Challenges like Zeus +297 or Liberty Desc. including a Snow Globe - hope we get more of them in the future. I hated Arena and its various version because they take too much time to clear, just doesnt fit to the way i play PaD.

Tough dungeons that are short are always welcome though. Beat Zeus w. YY without too many issues. Just had to get rid of my defensive inherited skill on YY for a more offensive active.

zeus297u7sg7.jpg

Now i gotta figure out who to +297 - maybe Awoken CaoCao if i get him, would be my first +297 fire unit...lol. Or maybe just 2nd Wukong or Moogle to finish of Myr.

Kreed

That Zeus +297 dungeon can kick rocks, but I finally beat it with dual Awoken Lucifer leads. The main thing I was having a problem with was actually killing Zeus until I swapped out Nephthys with Awoken Vritra for his awakenings (I though Nephthys dark orb enhance + x2 attack would do more damage but I was definitely wrong).

LiQuid!

This Kenshin collab worth dropping some stones on or should I keep waiting for another god fest?

cw_sasuke

This Kenshin collab worth dropping some stones on or should I keep waiting for another god fest?

Are you f2p ? Then probably not..but it also depends on how far you are right now and what kind of units you already own. But in general - if you have to ask about it its likely not worth it.

Pull on collabs if you already have a solid set of regular leads/teams and are interested in the units because you are a fan. Otherwise you are better off saving stones for Godfests to get some of the essential units.

LiQuid!

Ok that answers my question. I'm still new. Haven't spent any money yet but not opposed to it since I like the game a lot but if the god fest monsters are more essential I'll wait for those instead. I tried the machines on some other collabs and I got some pretty mediocre cards (the Flash from the DC Comics collab and Zidane from a Final Fantasy collab, both seem kinda crappy even evolved).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are any of these collab monsters any good? From the dungeon or the REM?

E: Saw the post above mine. I'm curious more what role they fill.

Jagernaut

Kenshin rolls, used up my free stones.

Silver eggs
Kamiya Kaoru x 2 - very useful skill, makes 2 rows
Myojin Yahiko x 2 - could use in a Cloud system
Takani Megume - good bind clearer and heart making skill

Gold egg
Seta Sojiro - niche skill, worst gold egg?

Eridani

Ok that answers my question. I'm still new. Haven't spent any money yet but not opposed to it since I like the game a lot but if the god fest monsters are more essential I'll wait for those instead. I tried the machines on some other collabs and I got some pretty mediocre cards (the Flash from the DC Comics collab and Zidane from a Final Fantasy collab, both seem kinda crappy even evolved).

Honestly, collabs seem to exist mostly to milk people who are willing to spend a lot of money on the game. They always contain one or two really good monsters at an extremely low drop chance, a couple of other monsters that can be pretty good on specific teams but still have a low drop chance and whole lot of absolute trash. There are some exceptions, but even then the good drops are not as generally useful as normal god fest drops, especially for beginners.

If you want a more in-depth view of what's worth rolling on there are several blogs which post a detailed analysis of god fests whenever they pop up, such as https://mantasticpad.com/ and https://setsupad.wordpress.com/.

Jagernaut

Are any of these collab monsters any good? From the dungeon or the REM?

E: Saw the post above mine. I'm curious more what role they fill.

From the dungeon, the mob on floor 2, Yukyuzan Anji, has a nice skill. Void defense for 1 turn (carries over if you clear the floor and there are no preemptives) and 50x dark attack to all enemies. Good for killing predras and other high defense monsters.

b33r

I got my 400 day bonus today and rolled in the collab.

Takami Megumi, who I will most certainly inherit on Myr down the line.

Honjo Kamatari, I don't have any lasers so this is a nice pull. His evolved form has 3 skill ups, will be great for push button teams.

Not bad, some decent silvers in this one.

Bladelaw

I know I'm going to do something stupid during this collab but man... Kenshin.

As far as worth goes this is definitely a skippable collab. The chase cards are super nice in their roles as a test bed for color cross damage. Setsu's blog has a solid review of the collab. The TLDR version is don't roll unless you love the property.

Both Akechis are maxed out now I just need sanada and I'll be maxed out on all the carnival drops.

Edit: Bad thing done, totally worth it

coy

Main
Yahiko x2
Megumi
Kaoru x2
Aoshi

Alt
Yahiko x2
Megumi
Aoshi
Miso
Kaoru
Sojiro

As unlikely as it was, I wanted Kenshin on my main as I have 3 hyper Tsubaki so that would've been fun to mess with. Also wish I picked up Kamatari but it's cool.

Top Bottom