• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

I don't know why I thought you couldn't - now I have to look through some of my old crappy pulls to see if there are any worth while 5* evos I could consider
The dragon Knight series is pretty decent for bind clearing heart breakers. The elementals have 3 turn damage shields, and of course the fairy tale girls for heart making bind clears.

Collab silvers with evos are also pretty solid options.

Quantum

The dragon Knight series is pretty decent for bind clearing heart breakers. The elementals have 3 turn damage shields, and of course the fairy tale girls for heart making bind clears.

Collab silvers with evos are also pretty solid options.

I'm not liking the inherent system as it is, as the game evolves I'd like to be able to switch inherent depending on what I'm running.

the entire design is a little wonky - by having to run the tan dungeon it almost inhibits creativity - which goes against everything I like about this game.

for example my favorite team at the moment uses both Blue Myr and Orchid - orchid becomes a great sniper when trying to focus damage (in niche dungeons) - I have an urd on my Orchid (which actually works well for BMyr) because I use mamiya on orchid team - I'd like to re-inherent orchid for a very specific purpose but would be wasting 8 tans just to mess around.

boring.

ccbfan

It evos to 5 star. As long as it comes out of the rem and has a 5 star or better evolution, you can inherit it.

Crap I didn't know this. Thought it was rem with lowest state being 5 star or more.

Is there a list of all inheritables somewhere?

W-00

Well, I feel silly. I took Sumire into Wadatsumi, forgetting that Sumire needed an enhanced orb to activate her attack boost and that the no-awoken-skills meant that there wouldn't be any. Made it surprisingly far, at least.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do you lose the monster if you inherit? Or do you lose access to the monster or something?? The system is a bit confusing to me to read.

Do you lose the monster if you inherit? Or do you lose access to the monster or something?? The system is a bit confusing to me to read.
Can't use the monster itself until you remove it as an inherit. You can still skill it up if you need to though.

It's all reversible but again, it's a pain to store the necessary tans to do it often. The tan guerrilla shows up fairly often but prepare to get trolled with the color distribution on drops.

Bladelaw

I try to keep 6 of each tan since it guarantees I'll be able to inherit any solo and bi color monster. Of course that means I'm at a 30 space box handicap which isn't really fun.

fek

Used Kinnikuman in arena yesterday, was pretty easy even with 2 underleveled cards and getting Sopdet and Parvati spawns. Coming from Typhon Ana what I'm missing is all the heartmakers I had before. I only have Urd to make hearts in my Kinnikuman team so it can get dangerous some times even with the high HP and RCV multiplier. On the other hand the damage is higher and consistent with the hastes on low cooldown cards.

yami4ct

Pulled once on the Kenshin machine for fun. Got Kaoru. That's arguably the best card I could have pulled since the Golds outside of Sano aren't very interesting, I have good laser and poison options and I don't have Vaan. She'll be a great skill inherit to have around for farming monsters with combo shield. Very happy for that pull.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Man I just did one of the temporary special dungeons and what a waste of stamina that was. No way of knowing ahead of time that there weren't any light or dark orbs that I could tell. Took bladelaw's insane yellow monster with me and she basically sat there and did nothing while the rest of my team of goobers tried to dent the mostly green enemies.

Am I missing some way to tell how difficult one of these special dungeons is going to be? Stamina cost doesn't seem to be a good indicator since that super easy exp dungeon I did over the weekend took all 50 to do.

yami4ct

Man I just did one of the temporary special dungeons and what a waste of stamina that was. No way of knowing ahead of time that there weren't any light or dark orbs that I could tell. Took bladelaw's insane yellow monster with me and she basically sat there and did nothing while the rest of my team of goobers tried to dent the mostly green enemies.

Am I missing some way to tell how difficult one of these special dungeons is going to be? Stamina cost doesn't seem to be a good indicator since that super easy exp dungeon I did over the weekend took all 50 to do.

Which dungeon did you run? Usually if a dungeon is only certain color it will list them in brackets on the dungeon name IE [Fire/Wood/Dark only] or something like that. Or it will say [No Fire, Light]. Barring that, on the page after you select your friend leader, at the top under 'Special Rules' It will list anything like that if it exists.

As for difficulty in general, they do give dungeons Difficulty Ratings that are somewhat of an indicator. Intermediate, Master, Legend, Mythical, Legend Plus, Mythical Plus. The only problem with that is that not all dungeons are going to conform to that for every team. A RaDra might find Legend Plus Agni to be very easy, while a more powerful Gremory team might actually have more trouble due to the way that dungeon is set up. If you're confused as to general difficulty, you can either ask or look that dungeon up on PADGuide or PADX and see what the floors are and estimate it that way.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Which dungeon did you run? Usually if a dungeon is only certain color it will list them in brackets on the dungeon name IE [Fire/Wood/Dark only] or something like that. Or it will say [No Fire, Light]. Barring that, on the page after you select your friend leader, at the top under 'Special Rules' It will list anything like that if it exists.

It was this one
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1039

It's gone now so I can't check but I'm preeeetty sure there was no mention of what orbs were in it prior to going to it, but I could be wrong. I definitely didn't notice until the 2nd or third battle.

yami4ct

It was this one

It's gone now so I can't check but I'm preeeetty sure there was no mention of what orbs were in it prior to going to it, but I could be wrong. I definitely didn't notice until the 2nd or third battle.

AFAIK Golden Mound does actually say 'Tricolor' on the dungeon name. That means Fire/Water/Wood only. The special rules section would have also showed you that if you wanted to look there.

Bladelaw

It was this one

The coin rush is tricolor, meaning Red Green and Blue orbs with hearts only. to use Myr you need to make a + of hearts to get her multiplier. granted if you don't have any RGB on your team this dungeon would be a pain in the ass. I actually made the same mistake and brought AA Lucifer's team (Dark monster). Needless to say that took forever.

LiQuid!

Ah you're right guys it did say tricolor, I'm just dumb. I still think I would have had a hard time with it if I had a different helper since they were hitting me pretty hard even with blade basically doubling my team's hp

yami4ct

Ah you're right guys it did say tricolor, I'm just dumb. I still think I would have had a hard time with it if I had a different helper since they were hitting me pretty hard even with blade basically doubling my team's hp

I think it does just say tricolor, which if you don't know that means the Red/Green/Blue triangle I can see being easy to miss and not many look at the Special Rules section anyway. It's an easy mistake to make. I would say that other dungeons with color limitations are a bit more clear.

Bladelaw

My Xiang Mei is a solid pick to run that dungeon, just make fire and heart combos and she basically solos it. I did that with my alt earlier.

Quantum

you can always look the rules up on PADx before you go in, at least until you run them a few times

the link you posted states "ATTENTION: No Light / Dark Orbs" - depending on my mood I will run new dungeons blind once just to see if I can get through them.

I usually can't - the newer dungeons almost always need to be prepared for.

How many OE's does an OE team need to be worth making? I want an OE or TPA team but I think my strongest team would be a row one. Here are three builds.

OE

Row

Don't have enough good TPA subs to even consider it. Keep in mind PadX hasn't factored in sars sbr and skill boost yet so each team would hit 100%

or

This

I'd probably inherit hatsume on isis. Leaning towards the last team. Here are my subs.
Sub list
Nut
Sumire
Ryune
Alrescha
U&Y
Sun Quan
Hermes
gabriel
D valk
Hatsume
karin
Orochi
Isis

W-00

Alright, game, I will make one - single - pull in this collab REM as a courtesy, and in exchange, you are going to give me one of the silvers that has a useful inheritable ability, you get me?

*Pulls.*

Misao. Okay, I don't have a fire team, but close enough. Hopefully her ability will get buffed to include converting poison.

Grinded a little MP the past couple days and trimmed my box. Bought Plum. Now I just need Journey to the West to come so I can evolve her. My Gremory team is going to be veeeeeeery legit.

b33r

I'm jealous, I really hope to pull Gremory some day. She looks really fun to play and strong.

I did finish hypering Plum and max skilling my second Akechi, still need to plus him though.

I'm jealous, I really hope to pull Gremory some day. She looks really fun to play and strong.

I did finish hypering Plum and max skilling my second Akechi, still need to plus him though.

It was a yolo pull in a GF I didn't think I was going to roll in. Cleared Sea of Trees and decided to reward myself. Wasn't expecting it or really paying attention to her. Since I had started with Typhon early on and transitioned to A. Panda, I have most of the subs already hypered. Just need to get the badpy to skill Plum now. Gremory has been real fun to play.

yami4ct

Yeah, 4x Skill Ups have been really nice for me. I've gotten Wukong, Hathor, 2x Akechi and Neph all done through natural stamina.

W-00

Huzzah! I finished skilling up my second Akechi! And I didn't even have to buy the Carnival this time, because there was someone running it on PADX's multi room! Now he just needs 50 +HP eggs and a dark resist and he'll be pentamaxed.

So I suppose with Pandora pentamaxed, one Akechi pentamaxed and the other almost there, Haku one skill level from hypermax, and Anubis... trailing behind a bit but still with HP fully plussed, it's finally time for me to start looking into Legend Plus content. Suppose I'll try God rush once my stamina recharges enough for it.

Edit: Cleared Legend Plus on my second try. First time around I got that frickin' nigh-invincible Extreme King Metal Dragon and even my best burst couldn't kill it. Second time I got Satan and just breezed though.

LiQuid!

Been flying up rank today grinding the monday dungeon since it gives enough exp to rank me up in 2 runs which has been refunding my stamina indefinitely.

I just evolved my Bastet (to the 2nd evolution, no ult evo yet) and my Ronove and they need so much EXP now... The only big enhance monsters I have right now are a pair of Snow Globe Dragon Rouge one maxed and one not and I'm not sure if it's worth using these to level up my green team or save them for if/when I pull some good red monsters in the future for the bonus. Even with like 20 pulls on the enhance carnival PAL machine today I'm hurting for exp stuff badly. I think I'm going to have to spend a lot of time farming.

Oh and is it worth using tamadras on Bastet now, or should I wait until I can ultimate evolve her? (do the awakenings carry over?) If not I'm going to use them on Ronove even tho he's a sub instead of a leader unless someone tells me that's stupid, since his awakenings seem good and helpful.

Here's my team 2 days ago and now after GAF assistance. Still a lot of work to do.

aGUxUl6.png
lCA1JAo.png

Spoit

I was chasing Kaoru and I got the not-kenshin 6*. Is it just me, or is he....not really that great? Not devil or god, so his use as a dark sub is nil, and getting 2 dark crosses seems like an exercise in frustration, and with only 1, he's at what, 36x? which isn't that impressive.

W-00

Oh and is it worth using tamadras on Bastet now, or should I wait until I can ultimate evolve her? (do the awakenings carry over?) If not I'm going to use them on Ronove even tho he's a sub instead of a leader unless someone tells me that's stupid, since his awakenings seem good and helpful.

The awakenings carry over, so feel free to awake away. And awakening a sub over a leader isn't stupid, since you'll want everyone who has awakenings to be fully awoken eventually. It's just a matter of which awakenings will be more beneficial right now, and if they're on a sub, is that benefit worth potentially fewer people choosing your lead as a partner than would have if it was more awoken.

Also, I should make a few points about ultimate evolutions:
1. A monster doesn't have to be at their max level to undergo ultimate evolution. A monster can even be ult evolved at level one.
2. Ultimate evolution is reversible. If a monster has multiple ultimate forms and you can't get the pieces for the one you want, it might be a good idea to gather the materials for a weaker form and temporarily evolve into it to help gather the materials for the form you want.
3. Even if you devolve a monster from an ultimate form with more awakenings than the base form, it won't lose those awakenings. They'll come back when you evolve it to another form. For example, I was using Shining Sea Deity, Isis, who has six awakenings, and devolved her to Water Deity, Holy Isis, who only has four awakenings. When I evolved her to Awoken Isis, the two extra awakenings came right back.

What I'm saying is, if you can get the materials, it might be a good idea to evolve your Bastet to her G/L form as soon as possible. It's her weakest ult, but its still considerably stronger than her base form and it wouldn't have to be permanent.

Bladelaw

I was chasing Kaoru and I got the not-kenshin 6*. Is it just me, or is he....not really that great? Not devil or god, so his use as a dark sub is nil, and getting 2 dark crosses seems like an exercise in frustration, and with only 1, he's at what, 36x? which isn't that impressive.

5 Orbs for 36x is pretty solid for farming. I agree he's not amazing but if you ever wanted to put together a Dark OE team that wasn't Nephtys then he's pretty great.

I gathered enough stones for another pull and got Saito Hajime, nice. Does his skill up drop on the lowest difficulty?

Yes I've snagged more of his skill ups than Kenshin annoyingly. I do plan on max skilling Kenshin today and hopefully the other 5*'s with drops especially Sanosuke. That def break/nuke combo is awesome on an ALB team.

LiQuid!

Sadness. I need a couple Keeper of Rainbows and apparently I'm not strong enough (or good enough at matching) to take him out in the Tuesday master dungeon yet. After I get that +100 cost quest done I really, really need to look into some better subs I can use instead of my crappy kraken and cerberus riders. Are there any easy to farm subs I can use to maybe change some orbs to green? I've found myself getting kinda screwed by the board pretty often.

Oh and thanks for the above tips W00. Took it all in and blew all my Tamadras awakening my cards. Having a few extend times active is so game changing.

This game really got its hooks in over the last few days. I used to just kinda log in every day and check the in-game mail for freebies and maybe pull the PAL handle a couple times but now I'm at the point where waiting for stamina to tick back up is killing me. Stamina systems in phone games really chap my ass. I already want to give you money so that I can amass a collection of anime waifus, why do you paywall/time gate my ability to play on top of that?

Jagernaut

Sadness. I need a couple Keeper of Rainbows and apparently I'm not strong enough (or good enough at matching) to take him out in the Tuesday master dungeon yet. After I get that +100 cost quest done I really, really need to look into some better subs I can use instead of my crappy kraken and cerberus riders. Are there any easy to farm subs I can use to maybe change some orbs to green? I've found myself getting kinda screwed by the board pretty often.

Oh and thanks for the above tips W00. Took it all in and blew all my Tamadras awakening my cards. Having a few extend times active is so game changing.

This game really got its hooks in over the last few days. I used to just kinda log in every day and check the in-game mail for freebies and maybe pull the PAL handle a couple times but now I'm at the point where waiting for stamina to tick back up is killing me. Stamina systems in phone games really chap my ass. I already want to give you money so that I can amass a collection of anime waifus, why do you paywall/time gate my ability to play on top of that?

Are you on the US version? I can run Keeper of Rainbow with you on coop.

LiQuid!

Are you on the US version? I can run Keeper of Rainbow with you on coop.

Yeah I am but I dunno how the multiplayer works. Also I won't have enough stamina to try again for like a half hour since I just got bounced out of his dungeon.

edit: wait in multiplayer it's lower stamina cost than single player, I can do it actually, you wanna join? 7781 5465 I literally have no clue how this works so please don't laugh at me when I'm bad.

ed2: changed room # since i had a connection prob?

Jagernaut

Yeah I am but I dunno how the multiplayer works. Also I won't have enough stamina to try again for like a half hour since I just got bounced out of his dungeon.

Ok, my player ID is 304848218. Add me and I'll run it with you when you are ready. Coop is half stamina so you only need 15 for each rainbow run. I'll make the room when ready and then send you the room number.

LiQuid!

That was fun. Kinda embarrassing at first. I swear my cat was headbutting my phone those first couple moves lol.

Just barely got enough stamina for a 2nd run as we finished the first and got all the keepers I need for now, thanks a lot!

edit: oh crap my new bastet evo needs 5x combo now, I'm pretty sure I'll never see that activate again

Half stamina is annoying bullshit, especially with the frustrating MP system that requires hanging out at a computer in order to find someone. The quests are cute but not really a sufficient solo substitute. Sometimes I'm only able to sneak in one run at a time and the system just isn't able to accommodate that.

I finally got to King of the Gods and beat it (blowing one stone on a continue). Jesus the stamina/xp ratio is insane. I just wish I could comfortably grind it the way I could with Impregnable.

Bladelaw

Post your Monster Box and I'll see if there's anything you can roll with. There's a site called Pad Herder you can use to load up your box but don't worry about it. I can work with a small box and screen shots.

For green orb changers your best bets are the green Mystic Knights (Red-->Green) and Highlander (Heart-->Green). When fully skilled up they only take five turns to charge (10 if not). A farmable Bastet team could look like:
Bastet
Highlander
Zeal (Mystic Knight's evolved form)
Wood Shibamaru (Full board change to wood, dark, and heart)
Kotodama (Water to wood 9 turns down to 5 when skilled)

3 short cooldown orb changers to keep wood flowing
Not much on time extends or stats but everything should be obtainable by your team. The wood carnival has the Mystic Knight, the Shibamaru, and Kotodama as well. On 2x drops you can run the easiest difficulty and get all those drops for skill ups.

For Bastet and any combo leads Time Extend awakenings are the best thing ever. The more time you have to play on the board the more combos you can make. It's a backhanded damage boost. Try to get the time extend quest done when you can to get that badge. that extra second goes a long way.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I remember when there were no awakenings...So nice to have them now. Playing Ra/Ra was rough. Of course, the content all but requires time extend awakenings now since you're required to manipulate the board with more skill than before. But still nice to reminisce!

Bladelaw

I remember when there were no awakenings...So nice to have them now. Playing Ra/Ra was rough. Of course, the content all but requires time extend awakenings now since you're required to manipulate the board with more skill than before. But still nice to reminisce!

You can reminisce now in the Aqua challenge's Wadatsumi dungeon if you'd like. It's a time I've very glad to have missed.

Kreed

You can reminisce now in the Aqua challenge's Wadatsumi dungeon if you'd like. It's a time I've very glad to have missed.

Wadatsumi isn't comparable to how the dungeons were back then. Around the time we got the Awoken release, Satan was one of the latest Descended dungeons, and there weren't nearly as many annoyances like combo, orb type, or "absorb damage above x" shields. Monsters like Ra and Anubis were supposed to be difficult because there was hardly anything that could withstand their combos (you could clear a lot of content with those starter dragons that are just box decoration now). Then Lucifer showed up and the power creep went crazy.

b33r

I beat it with Shiva Dragon like I usually do, but also decided to try my Myr team to see how it went. It was actually pretty easy to be honest. I really need to finish skilling mine up, she is an incredibly reliable leader.

Bladelaw

I beat it with Shiva Dragon like I usually do, but also decided to try my Myr team to see how it went. It was actually pretty easy to be honest. I really need to finish skilling mine up, she is an incredibly reliable leader.
Yeah Myr makes it a joke. Moogle MVP again. I'm thinking of giving him 3 SDR so he's always up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I don't want to EXPERIENCE it again...The stress of running Horus/Horus or Ra/Ra is real. Like, it was almost always "match or die".

Unrelated, I pulled Fenrir in the last GF and sort of just wrote him off for the moment. Watching a few videos of him makes me realize that he could be a fun novelty team to run later on down the line. x625 is hilariously silly. Of course, that amount is nigh impossible considering the activation limits, but wow.

I have a gremory and I need friends..

My alt lead is A Panda (though I have a yomi-dra and Sakuya and a bunch of other formerly great mons).

399 633 290

still have a best friend slot open too.

EDIT: I mean she kinda pairs with Myr (like really its crazy how well they match up even though they don't via type or color) x84 for on type and friends are a lot easier to come by,

BUT I really want Gremory friends...

Top Bottom