• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've had mine up a lot lately using her as my primary farm lead. I really suggest looking for You Yu friends more than other Sumire. You get the extra damage boost and he hits like a truck. 50% dmg reduction is usually enough for the heart cross match and it's easier to spike damage when you just forget about the hearts. Hermes active I'm normally getting 2 rows plus a match of 5 and hitting for 10million plus per card.

I'll take whatever - You Yu or Sumire. Since I have nothing maxed, most randoms won't add me and most forums won't either. In time...

Is it worth skilling up the two color ogres or the 3rd evo slimes? I remember these USED to be useful, but not sure if I should make it a long game or just ignore them.

hermit7

I'll take whatever - You Yu or Sumire. Since I have nothing maxed, most randoms won't add me and most forums won't either. In time...

Is it worth skilling up the two color ogres or the 3rd evo slimes? I remember these USED to be useful, but not sure if I should make it a long game or just ignore them.

I usually have sumire or Sarasvati up most of the time.

Both hyper or nearly (I think I need a few more eggs on sumire)

357270258 is my friend code. I have other leads as well depending on what you may need.

b33r

I put my You Yu up.

Bladelaw

So in case anyone was wondering, it's absolutely worth having a single and multi version of the same team. Old news to some but the Multiboost awakening is extremely powerful. It multiplies all that monster's stats by 1.5. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Example: Light Myr

There's a couple ways to build teams for her, TPA, Row, and Multi.
TPA relies on you getting very lucky with Wedding Satsuki, and Apocalypse, while Elia adds more TPA goodness. Very high single card damage on a good board but tough to maneuver orbs and make the cross without screwing up TPAs.

Row uses the more traditional Myr subs of Wukong and DQXQ with Awoken Venus usually being a skill carrier. Apoc and Saria are both welcome here but I believe Apoc gets the edge since he combos better off DQXQ and Saria is usually on Venus.

Multi adds a wrinkle. Baal and Unicorn Rider both have multiboost and skills that synergize well with either team, Baal being more Row focused and UR being more TPA focused. Both have low cooldown skills making them solid inheritance bases (UR being better at this). Baal brings a ton of rows, unbindability, and a buff that can bait a dispel buying you another turn. UR provides a couple TPAs and a guaranteed cross with her skill. In Multi her effective no plus ATK stat is ~2200. With them it's ~3000. Add in two TPAs and she hits like a freight train in multi.

So you have a couple choices here. In multi you can bring both, or the one more focused on your current team. For me I'd replace Venus with UR and Elia/Wedding Satsuki/Wukong for Baal. If you have DQXQ and Apoc you can get away with Baal as a single orb changer.

Baal is still a solid sub for a row focused Myr team and can live on it in single and multiplayer I think. UR's skill is perfect for Myr but her stats leave a lot on the table until multiboost. As a result if you don't play much multiplayer I'd say she's a great inherit skill but not a must have. She competes with Moogle and her ATK being > 1 means she'll actually contribute damage to the team but you lose out on Moogle's utility, depending on the dungeon it can be worth it.

For me my single player Myr teams look like this:

TPA
Myr (Snow White)
Wedding Satsuki (Saria)
Wukong (Gadius)
Elia (Cecil)
Apocalypse

I'll eventually pull gadius off Wukong and give him cecil but tans and coins are holding me back.

Row:
Myr (Snow White)
Baal (Ars Nova)
Awoken Venus (Awoken Yomi since Saria is on Wedding Satsuki)
Apocalpyse
Wukong (Gadius)

Multiplayer:
Myr (Snow White)
Baal (Ars Nova)
Unicorn Rider, Liene (Probably Wukong but nothing at present)
Apocalypse
Awoken Venus (Awoken Yomi)

Unless you need to really check your damage in multiplayer, that team is capable of putting out very impressive numbers with very little effort. When I hit rank 500 and got a new team slot this is what I put there. I don't multi with Myr often (unless it's with my alt) but when I do I'm very happy with the results.

Jagernaut

What's your friend code? I usually have my hyper You Yu up.

Edit. I saw it on the last page and added you.

W-00

Anyone main Sumire have space on their friends list? I've been trying to play her and Ronove but don't have leads to help. 377,203,450

I don't main Sumire, but she's hypermaxed and I have her in my Team 1 slot so she's always available to friends. Sent you an invite.

Edit: And that's the Tree Challenge cleared. Used multiplayer for Hera and Zeus to save stamina, couldn't find any partners so I solo'd Jord and Wadatsumi. Went after Hanuman with a Pandora partner, but I completely whiffed it. I was too tired and not paying enough attention to notice that he'd used his -99% attack and that I needed to focus on matching hearts. After that, only people who were clearly not up to the task joined me for it, so I solo'd him with my Awoken Amaterasu team. That was a slog, but Amaterasu's healing, Sakuya's gravity, LValk and Raphael's nuke, and Raph's shield saw me through it.

yami4ct

Ok. Looks like I can stably clear Myr legend solo with Panda now. That's important since it seems impossible to find Panda coop partners for the dungeon on the JP server. I probably could clear Myth too, but I don't think I have the energy to farm that over and over solo.

It's gonna be a long process getting her skilled up but I think it should be doable. Maybe once I get her team up and running, she'll be a quicker solo farm to finish off the skills.

J0dy77

Ok. Looks like I can stably clear Myr legend solo with Panda now. That's important since it seems impossible to find Panda coop partners for the dungeon on the JP server. I probably could clear Myth too, but I don't think I have the energy to farm that over and over solo.

It's gonna be a long process getting her skilled up but I think it should be doable. Maybe once I get her team up and running, she'll be a quicker solo farm to finish off the skills.

I just finished skilling up myr after grinding the dungeon completely solo with xm. I never want to go in that dungeon again if I don't have to.

"no skyfall" meta incoming?

I guess it will make combos easier if they're pre-activated, assuming I'm understanding the skills correctly. edit: or skyfall combos will clear the orbs but it won't increase the combo count?

The combo requirements though, eek

Wow, I thought we were never getting a new pantheon. Haven't looked at them too closely, but I love that they all have multi-boost. That's for sure my favorite awakening.

Bladelaw

"no skyfall" meta incoming?

I guess it will make combos easier if they're pre-activated, assuming I'm understanding the skills correctly. edit: or skyfall combos will clear the orbs but it won't increase the combo count?

The combo requirements though, eek
If it works like Akushi then they'll match but you get no bonus damage or multiplier boost. Unless I misunderstood how that works.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
BCD has a skill up monster I want but I ran it on int like 6 times and haven't even seen him much less have him drop. Is this cause I'm doing the easy version, or is my luck extra bad?

Bladelaw

BCD has a skill up monster I want but I ran it on int like 6 times and haven't even seen him much less have him drop. Is this cause I'm doing the easy version, or is my luck extra bad?

If you're looking for cerberus rider's skill up you need to run on at least Master

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just posted a mp room on the Discord server for the tama infestation. Some guy joined and I'm trying hard to match combos and not look like a noob and whittle down all these tamas then it's other guy's turn and he just activates like 3 of his actives and wipes out the entire dungeon. This is the kinda stuff that makes me feel like an idiot and not want to play this multiplayer with randoms. :(

Just posted a mp room on the Discord server for the tama infestation. Some guy joined and I'm trying hard to match combos and not look like a noob and whittle down all these tamas then it's other guy's turn and he just activates like 3 of his actives and wipes out the entire dungeon. This is the kinda stuff that makes me feel like an idiot and not want to play this multiplayer with randoms. :(

Haha, don't worry about it. It took me way too long to build a button push team for that. And people on discord won't care if you don't have a button team. You're still giving them 1/2 cost tamas.

Quantum

don't feel that way!

if you need to think about - you actually cost him half the normal amount of stamina - some people have teams that can button push the whole tama levels

they are just on multiplayer for half stamina - enjoy it!

LiQuid!

It wasn't just that he carried me. It's an easy dungeon and I just wanted to co-op it for half stamina too but it sucks not knowing what to expect from other people going into mp games cause I don't understand the game at the level most of its players do. Like what if I post a room for some other event and it's too hard for me normally and the other person that joins CAN'T carry me? I'd look foolish there and it makes me not even want to try, or like stick a big disclaimer on my post that I'm new, my leader sucks, my team sucks and I don't really know what I'm doing.

It wasn't just that he carried me. It's an easy dungeon and I just wanted to co-op it for half stamina too but it sucks not knowing what to expect from other people going into mp games cause I don't understand the game at the level most of its players do. Like what if I post a room for some other event and it's too hard for me normally and the other person that joins CAN'T carry me? I'd look foolish there and it makes me not even want to try, or like stick a big disclaimer on my post that I'm new, my leader sucks, my team sucks and I don't really know what I'm doing.

There are upsides to this:

a) There's no communication outside of "Nice!", so if they're annoyed at your inability to play at their level they can't harass/shame/abuse you

b) Additionally, if they're really that annoyed they can just not run the dungeon with you a second time and you can put your info up again for someone else

c) Yes it might be a mild frustration to partner with someone who couldn't cut it and suffer the stamina loss, but players with button teams are almost all vets with tons of stamina to spare; one failed farming run just means moving on to someone else

d) Eventually you will get a farming team and your focus will shift from hoping to get carried to speedfarming like most of the others

e) Having a rough idea of the difficulty levels you can comfortably complete is useful and you probably have some idea already; I can usually complete Legend-tier dungeons so I won't put my code up for a Mythical under any circumstance etc

Also if you want to make disclaimers you can use the massive reddit MP discord with different channels for each type of run (daily dungeon, guerillas, etc).

I almost fatally messed up when bladelaw carried me but lord was the payoff worth it for the embarrassment ;__;

yami4ct

As someone who casually has done a good amount of co-op farming, I don't personally get angry at players who are worse than me or flub a bit. Usually in multi, we're so OP for the dungeon that there's basically no way to lose. I care more about them being decently quick deciding their moves than making the perfect move.

For a harder dungeon, I of course like to run with a skilled player, but if I'm not specifically asking for a certain skill or setup, it's all good. If I put up a dungeon and say I run ALB, Luci, RaDra, Kaede, and Fire squads and you bring in Sumire, I might get a bit snippy, but other than that whatever and in that case I would probably just close the room. If we flub a run, oh well it's half stamina so it's not like I'm really out much.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

We all been through that - you learn and adjust. Next time you will know to spot a push button team so you might just pass you turn directly to your coop partner or just finish your turn quick and let him do the work.

Just have to remember no one starts the game with this kind of experience or unit selection - also playing solo first to get more comfortable with content is always an option. Yeah MP is great because it makes stuff easier and costs less stamina, but solo still has its advantages especially if you wanna take your time and learn about dungeon/enemy mechanics.

PS. Pro-Tip No1 for me is - dont play coop if you cant handle the stamina loss from a failure. I dont get upset no matter how bad i or my partner screws up, because its just a game and not worth it. If people wanna play their perfect run, where nothing can go wrong they can stick to solo.

Okamid3n

Plus, the player sees your team before the start of the run! So clearly, they were fine with it. I bet the guy was just happy to finally get in someone's room. I sure would, people write Tamadra room numbers so fast on discord that I don't even bother trying to join one.

Bladelaw

New GFE's added to game data via PADx Paimon, Dantilion, and Sitri, Color cross meta is here

Re: Coop
Like others have mentioned, I don't care too much about failing in coop unless it's Star Vault. It's the only dungeon I stone like mad for and I have a foolproof button team. When I put up room numbers I post with the caveat "Bring x Skill Boosts" to make sure my partner has what I need to be online turn 1.

Things like the dailies and random Myth or Rogue dungeons I don't mind losing. It sucks sure but I'm not going to yell at my partner. If you post a room and I have a compatible lead I'll join and if necessary I'll carry as hard as I can and if we lose, so be it. I don't expect everyone I partner with to have super end game teams and I've got plenty of experience carrying my alt through some garbage.

One thing I wish the game made more clear is the pass function. There's a "tip" pop up for it but without checking the menu it's impossible to know it's a thing you can do unless you've seen the tip.

b33r

I took summyr into arena and got my first clear. It was pretty easy to be honest. I still haven't cleared it on my NA account, have a few teams that can do it, but after that I'll focus on my Myr team until Ana comes over.

I've gotten just the one arena clear, but now I'm pretty consistently getting to Dkali/Lkali with my Gremory team. I can burst down LKali easy, but DKali has completely shut me out. Do I need to inherit a gravity/burst? Trying to figure out where I'd even put it. I can stall pretty easy, but I do require a lot of active use.

Bladelaw

I've gotten just the one arena clear, but now I'm pretty consistently getting to Dkali/Lkali with my Gremory team. I can burst down LKali easy, but DKali has completely shut me out. Do I need to inherit a gravity/burst? Trying to figure out where I'd even put it. I can stall pretty easy, but I do require a lot of active use.

a sub with god+dragon killer or Inherit a spike does it, you could also inherit a shield, With the heart cross you should survive her kill shot.

I run into the same problem with Light Myr. Adding Venus over Wedding Satsuki has helped a ton in getting past that. My burst board if I'm lucky is Apoc-->Elia-->Venus. With 2 rows it kills Lkali, 1 row + combo will knock her into the safe zone.

Maybe slide Lucifer onto the team with Akechi inherited?

b33r

I used Sumire, Sumire, Scheat, and Gabriel. I used Scheat as my cannon, with just one prong she hits for over two million. Used her active combined with summyr for kill shots. For Kali I tanked her first hit and used Scheat/summyr to knock get into red and then it was easy to kill as I had type advantage.

I'm not sure how I will do on Sopdet with this team, I didn't do the math, but I think red prongs with Scheats subcolor might suffice.

a sub with god+dragon killer or Inherit a spike does it, you could also inherit a shield, With the heart cross you should survive her kill shot.

I run into the same problem with Light Myr. Adding Venus over Wedding Satsuki has helped a ton in getting past that. My burst board if I'm lucky is Apoc-->Elia-->Venus. With 2 rows it kills Lkali, 1 row + combo will knock her into the safe zone.

I use Typhon Akechi for my burst board, which does a bunch of damage but can also be too heart heavy. Makes it hard to get a row and the heart cross. I've got A. Panda, Ult Panda, or Gremory herself I could put skills on (Plum when she's evo'd). I've got A. Hades for a gravity, most of my bursts are suicide ones (probably doesn't matter with heart cross), have Indra for shield. I'm sure I'll figure something out, but I'm so used to just using actives and blowing stuff up.

Bladelaw

I use Typhon Akechi for my burst board, which does a bunch of damage but can also be too heart heavy. Makes it hard to get a row and the heart cross. I've got A. Panda, Ult Panda, or Gremory herself I could put skills on (Plum when she's evo'd). I've got A. Hades for a gravity, most of my bursts are suicide ones (probably doesn't matter with heart cross), have Indra for shield. I'm sure I'll figure something out, but I'm so used to just using actives and blowing stuff up.

Suicide spikes are worth it, especially if your burst is heart heavy. You'll recover the difference and deal at least enough damage to get her into the safe zone. I've seen Lu Bu used on A. Panda when Loki isn't available and even with the generally lowish recovery on that team if Kali doesn't drop you recover enough to survive the follow up hit.

b33r

I'm making a d/r Haku for arena for the killer awakenings. She will work on anaphon when we get her too since she has Dragon typing. Hakechi combo will be strong against Kali with that team.

Bladelaw

I'm making a d/r Haku for arena for the killer awakenings. She will work on anaphon when we get her too since she has Dragon typing. Hakechi combo will be strong against Kali with that team.

Yeah that definitely seems like a good investment. She works on a lot of teams provided you can shore up the lack of SBR. I've been slowly skilling her up when opportunities present themselves. Once done I'll hypermax her and try Arena with the old standby Lucifer team since I have the thing on lock anyway.

It'll be
Lucifer (Akechi)
Yomidra (Active Bind Clear?)
D/R Haku
Akechi
Eschamali (Castor)

I'm a little concerned about combo shields because I've always had trouble with them on a row team but I'm hoping playing the various cross leads have given me a bit more skill to work with. I'm not sure what to inherit on Yomidra. The active is already really solid and I can't think of many inheritable actives that are around the same level of effectiveness. Ideally I'd want an orb creation skill that made hearts and darks that didn't care about what the source orbs were. Dark Dragon Swordsman is close enough with an active bind clear that I may do that instead. It'll mean I don't have to worry about making hearts to clear binds.

b33r

I could make that team as well, but like you said combo shields are tough with Luci. The finger badge would come in handy on that team. Once I finish making her I may try that team as well.

Bladelaw

So Star Justice is coming back around in a couple days and I'm trying to build a "normal" team to beat it. Not a ALB cheese team but something to take it on and actually deal with the mechanics. Mainly, I want Another Justice, an orpharion arm, and I'll eventually need to have an evo'ed star justice for Machine Athena. I'd use ALB to farm but finding compatible partners that want to run Star Justice is...challenging. Here's the solo team I'm toying with:

SBR Badge
Myr (Snow White)
Awoken Venus (Hades inherit)
Seta Sojiro
Saria
Baal
Myr (Light Akechi if I'm lucky, Saria/Apoc if not)

Floor 1: I can handle in two turns solo, Hades will let me do it in one in coop

Floor 2: Any burst will do, row + cross

Floor 3: Sojiro proves his worth, 3 light rows, attacker killer, green subtype, and an active to clear this floor.

Floor 4: Active (Baal Inheriting Cecil likely) and kill, need lots of damage here.

Floor 5: Baal makes this floor a joke. Free turn for the bind, Pop saria and kill

Floor 6: Not all that bad, as long as I have hearts I can't see myself losing here. Chip away to let actives charge then kill with Saria active (or less depending on how things went).

Floor 7: Inherits should shield me from the skill delay on heart makers. Again chip away until his resolve is broken then burst kill.

In coop with a partner using a similar team we can actually tank the final resolve counter and set up Baal to kill with retaliation.

need godfest please, thanks in advance

I just want to build another team because I'm tired of the monocolor TPA life :(

I tried with my max level LKali and a ragtag team of gods that match her combo colors but it didn't really end well :/

also I'm REALLY confused about the "reincarnated" ancient dragon knight, zeal... I'm planning on swapping him into my team but the exp for leveling him is nuts and the evo requirements are just a bunch of basic masks

also I'm REALLY confused about the "reincarnated" ancient dragon knight, zeal... I'm planning on swapping him into my team but the exp for leveling him is nuts and the evo requirements are just a bunch of basic masks

Reincarnation evolutions are a very recent addition to the game. They're basically intended to give farmable monsters stats and awakenings on par with the modern metagame. That insane EXP curve is the price you have to pay for it.

LiQuid!

Alright there's a limited time dungeon right now that looks like it drops evo monsters I need for Awoken Bastet. How do I get some help with this thing without looking like an asshole?

Bladelaw

Alright there's a limited time dungeon right now that looks like it drops evo monsters I need for Awoken Bastet. How do I get some help with this thing without looking like an asshole?

Ask and post your leads. I can carry most popular leads. Ping me on discord Bladelaw#6504

LiQuid!

Thanks again Blade!

3 runs, got nothing on the first run, failed the 2nd run (board screwed!) and the third run got all the monsters I needed!

Definitely glad I didn't try to recruit some randoms for that on the Discord server. Took a lot of communication so I didn't hose our attempts.

Bladelaw

Thanks again Blade!

3 runs, got nothing on the first run, failed the 2nd run (board screwed!) and the third run got all the monsters I needed!

Definitely glad I didn't try to recruit some randoms for that on the Discord server. Took a lot of communication so I didn't hose our attempts.
No problem. Verdandi was not helping much. Two shots and she gave us 6 and 4 green orbs lol.

Hopefully awoken bastet works out for you. Ronove is capable of some amazing damage while being quite tanky so keep working toward that team when you can.

EDIT: hey Liquid I looked through your box and there's some definite potential. You absolutely need more rolls to make the most of what you have but for your awoken bastet team I'd work toward something like this:

Awoken Bastet
Ronove (he works to clear your board of crap and give you a shot at healing)
Thumbelina (Bastet is vulnerable to binds and that's bad, she transistions into a decent inherit later too)
Cu Chulainn (farmable short cooldown Heart-->wood)
Zeal (farmable Short cooldown Fire-->wood)

Bastet works best when you have a skill to pop to fully activate her leader skill. Also awoken Bastet's active gives you more time to match which should help you practice combos.

LiQuid!

Yeah, most of my issue is I've got really crappy subs since I haven't really done any REM pulling since I started playing. Next time God Fest rolls around I think I'm going to get stupid and try and build up my collection a bit.

Bladelaw

Yeah, most of my issue is I've got really crappy subs since I haven't really done any REM pulling since I started playing. Next time God Fest rolls around I think I'm going to get stupid and try and build up my collection a bit.

Well it'll be wood gala so that'll boost your odds of getting something you can use right away. When you can seriously consider farming up Cu Chulainn and Zeal, both are super useful subs. burn through normals and early technicals to build up a few more stones too.

Top Bottom