• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Hey so does anyone want to try and put together the following teams for Machine Hera farming? I kind of want Orpharion and Machine Hera is a much easier place to get the head than Machine Zeus. Bonus is farming Machine Hera for skill ups. I have the parts for both sides (except Gunma who I'll make if I can get a partner).

Taken from pad forum

Team A:
Hyper Awoken Liu Bei (Leeza/Alnair)
Hyper Dios
Hyper UUVO Perseus (Artemis/Australis/Bicolor board)
A. Parvati (A. Orochi) with 1 SDR
Super Gunma (Poison inherit) <--besides rodin who else is an inheritable poison?

Team B:
Hyper A.LB
Hyper Dios
Hyper Dios
Hyper UUVO Perseus (inherit Artemis, Australis or bicolor board)
Avalon Drake

Procedure:
Floor 1 (A) 1 combo (B) 1 combo (A) LB kill
Floor 2 (B) AoE hit (A) Poison
Floor 3 (B) Avalon Drake
Floor 4:
(A) A.Orochi and leave plus orbs on bottom row
(B) Leeza and NO OTHER COMBOS
(A) Clear trash orbs.
(B) Clear trash orbs.
(A) Gunma and 1 row
Floor 5 (B) Australis
Floor 6 (A) Australis
Floor 7 (B)- Dios
Floor 8 (A) - LB
Floor 9 (B) - Dios
Floor 10(A) - Dios and Parvati

I feel like a max skilled Algedi can sub for Super Gunma to give you more firepower (Better stats extra row, god killer vs canopus) provided your poison is skilled enough, Light skyfall on MHera can be problematic though. I think her skill will be back before you need to use her to kill floor 4. If you're a crazy person, max skilled Hanuman can definitely sub in. The listed teams provide 18 skill boosts even with the alternate subs.

EDIT: made Gunma, today is a good day for it considering how many dragon seeds are needed. I see a potential problem with Skyfall troll on Sadalamek but other than than this looks like a solid way to farm MHera in 5 minutes and no stones. I need two skill ups before I can just py Gunma to max skill. Depending on how the day goes I may just farm up a shitload of Gunma's and wait for 3x to come back. My Dioses are all 297'ed but still need some levels. I'll be doing that when King Carnival rolls into my time slot (9pm EST if anyone wants a carry). I figure the B team is easier to make since you can replace that ALB with a dios (yay preemptives) so the only REM luck is Perseus/Drake. Perseus is needed for the SBR and Drake is needed for the SB.

Jagernaut

I could make team B. My Perseus is not hyper but I'm sitting on 2 +297s I haven't used yet. I could inherit Australis or Paradise Sonia. Avalon Drake is not max skilled but I don't think it matters.

Awoken Neptune and Chibi Lilith are 2 other inheritable poisons.

Bladelaw

I could make team B. My Perseus is not hyper but I'm sitting on 2 +297s I haven't used yet. I could inherit Australis or Paradise Sonia. Avalon Drake is not max skilled but I don't think it matters.

Awoken Neptune and Chibi Lilith are 2 other inheritable poisons.

Ah right, I don't have either of those. I guess I'll have to sacrifice my low SB required star vault team and inherit Rodin on Gunma. As long as Drake is max leveled and awoken and his skill is up by floor 5 I think were fine there.

Given the inherits I need to farm some gold lol. Hopefully the upcoming challenge dungeon has a 5 million coin reward. I'm going to go broke if I inherit everything I need to right now.

I need a little more setup time. My TODO list for team A is the following:

Max level Dios (18 levels)
Max skill Gunma
Max Skill Parvati (one away)
Awaken Gunma
Py A. Orochi
Inherit Leeza on ALB
Inherit Rodin on Gunma
Inherit Orochi on Parvati
Inherit Australis on Perseus
dump +297 into Perseus

I need to double check skill counts since I may be able to get away without max skilling Gunma

Team B TODO

Max Level a second Dios
Inherit Australis on Perseus
dump +297 into Perseus

EDIT: did some stuff over lunch.

Bladelaw

Uuvo Krishna is quite good. Super tanky and while he doesn't quite have the raw killing power of Sarasvati he can still dish out some good damage.

I've been watching Arena runs with him. I'm a big fan. Lots of HP, beautiful sub pool, Enough damage for pretty much everything in the game while still having strong damage control (skyfall trolls not withstanding). It helps that he can borrow subs from any decent red team so most of the "work" (Leveling, evoing, skilling, awakening) of team building is going to be done for some developed boxes, especially those that hopped on the Awoken Cao Cao train.

Okamid3n

Yea, Krishna will be my new main leader whenever he comes here. I have a great red box and I can finally recycle my Shiva team subs.

Also the new feature in 9.5 where they guarantee 3 adventurers will have the same leader as the one you're currently running has led to my inbox being filled with Krishna friend requests

b33r

Also the new feature in 9.5 where they guarantee 3 adventurers will have the same leader as the one you're currently running has led to my inbox being filled with Krishna friend requests

Oh really! That is a great feature, I never have certain leads I'd like to mess with up, like plum and Typhon.

Bladelaw

I'm getting restless waiting for the GF announcement. They've said everything else though.

MP rotation is Shivadra and You Yu (Flampy and Bubpy too)
Coin rotation is Bowl and Dog dragons.

I should be able to finish off Avalon Drake now and maybe get my alt's Dios Army done.

I'll pull what little stones I have now on whatever day Gremory is on and not get her.

I have Ronove and the materials to evolve him but I'm terrified about using him... TPAs are enough, I can't deal with 4+ combos and a heart cross every damn turn :/

The idea of moving from a 10.25x multiplier lead to 166x makes me sweat though

b33r

Ronove is a very strong lead, but other than somewhat difficult to use, I usually see pretty specific teams for him.

I really want a Ganesh also, apparently it's one of the most sought after cards in JP after her uvo. Using the leader swap skill with dual Ganesh apparently grants game changing leveling/farming.

Next JP stream they're doing another thing where guests rep cards and they buff whoever wins at the challenge. This time the candidates are

Light Meta
Scheat
Australis
Tsubaki

Pray for Phones

W-00

Coin rotation is Bowl and Dog dragons.

I should be able to finish off Avalon Drake now and maybe get my alt's Dios Army done.

Avalon Drake skill-ups will be up? Excellent. I was wondering what I'd do about mine since the rest of my Dios army is at or near max skilled.

Next JP stream they're doing another thing where guests rep cards and they buff whoever wins at the challenge. This time the candidates are

Light Meta
Scheat
Australis

Tsubaki

Pray for Phones

Cheering for one of the bolded, hopefully Australis. I've got both and both are max-skilled, but I'm thinking that unless I get really lucky on Godfest pulls, Australis will be the leader of my Dios army, so a buff for him would be really nice.

Bladelaw

I have Ronove and the materials to evolve him but I'm terrified about using him... TPAs are enough, I can't deal with 4+ combos and a heart cross every damn turn :/

The idea of moving from a 10.25x multiplier lead to 166x makes me sweat though
Ronove can be absurdly strong as you've noticed but man being able to bring that strength to bear consistently requires either a very specific team or crazy skills.

RagDrag, Kaede, and Rozuel are all pretty key to the team.

Light Meta
Scheat
Australis
Tsubaki

Pray for Phones

Tsubaki buff would be cool, since I have 2. I've got LMeta too, but she's been irrelevent the entire time I've played. LMeta needing a buff is like a running gag at this point. Give her a heart cross multiplier and be done with it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There are leaders that you can play by just making a big cluster eff of one color orb and otherwise not have to worry about comboing right? If so I want one of those. Bastet and Ronove are both too hard for my feeble old man brains.

Ducarmel

If LMeta wins they probably give her something lame like awoken material and vendor killer.

I do have L.Meta and Australis, but whatever if they win both are box cheerleaders for me.

There are leaders that you can play by just making a big cluster eff of one color orb and otherwise not have to worry about comboing right? If so I want one of those. Bastet and Ronove are both too hard for my feeble old man brains.

yeah, row leads. Some good ones are A. Pandora and A. Luci. They're still some skill involved, as making multiple rows without a ton of fingers takes a while to get used to. Still, a lot easier than color match or combo leads.

Bladelaw

Easy to play leads:
Krishna, Vishnu, Kaede, Saria/Thor, Freyja/Sylvie, Urd, Verdandi, Any of the "heroes" series (Perseus, Andromeda, Yamato, Pandora, Wukong)

Some transition into powerhouse endgame leads once your skills get up to snuff.

yami4ct

Man. Myr farming is a real clusterfuck right now. Anyone with thana finished theirs ages ago, so ALB farming is next to impossible to find a partner for. Every luci lead I've paired with screwed up somewhere or another (some orb trolls, some just seemingly not good with low match time), Kaede clears fairly easily but is next to impossible to find partners for.

I just want 2 more levels to finish this one off. It shouldn't have to be this hard. I've had a good 10 attempts today with 1 clear.

Now that Krishna is a thing I can actually reliably solo Myr on JP. In fact it's a little too reliable... accidentally put her into Time Saw range while she still had the null damage shield up once.

yami4ct

Now that Krishna is a thing I can actually reliably solo Myr on JP. In fact it's a little too reliable... accidentally put her into Time Saw range while she still had the null damage shield up once.

What team are you running? I can solo easily with A. Panda, but I'm always looking for better options.

Man. Myr farming is a real clusterfuck right now. Anyone with thana finished theirs ages ago, so ALB farming is next to impossible to find a partner for. Every luci lead I've paired with screwed up somewhere or another (some orb trolls, some just seemingly not good with low match time), Kaede clears fairly easily but is next to impossible to find partners for.

I just want 2 more levels to finish this one off. It shouldn't have to be this hard. I've had a good 10 attempts today with 1 clear.

I've not gotten around to skilling mine. If you need a farming partner hit me up. I can put Thanatos on my ALB if it's needed. Haven't ran it with ALB yet, I clear it solo with Gremory.

yami4ct

I've not gotten around to skilling mine. If you need a farming partner hit me up. I can put Thanatos on my ALB if it's needed. Haven't ran it with ALB yet, I clear it solo with Gremory.

I will happily take you up on that. Sent you a PM with the details if you're interested now.

W-00

PADX thinks the Godfest will be Chinese Celestials and Mechanical Star Gods series 2. I hope good GFEs are available on the day the Celestials are up, because even though getting a third Sakuya would be annoying, I'm not risking drawing a second Algedi.

Unless... wait... Algedi is in the Wood Gala, isn't she? I... may have to sit this one out.
I've had a good 10 attempts today with 1 clear.

Yikes, that's worse than I've been doing (2/5). I was planning on just running Myr today, but finding capable partners for Pandora has been difficult. You have my sympathies.

W-00

What is even a stable A.Pandy clear for Myr? I have the theoretical sub pool, but haven't ever been able to pull it off.

I have no idea what you'd need to solo it, but for multiplayer my team seems somewhat stable (6 or 7 wins to 3 losses, and each time I lost my partner didn't have many pluses). My team is A. Pandora, A. Anubis, 2x Akechi, and A. Haku, all +297. D/R Haku would likely be better than A. Haku, but I made my choice and the only way I'm getting a D/R Haku is if I get a dupe.

As for the partner's team, there's been quite a bit of variation. I've seen A. Luci (very nice to get rid of the annoying tan on floor 1), D/R and D/B Persephone, Satsuki, Eschamali, D/D Haku, Hamal, Shantotto... I think there was even a Ronia on a successful team. It's a big pool. The important stuff is just that they're orb changers (or at least make a few), have a lot of pluses on them, and that their skills will be ready fast.

EDIT: Actually, while I can't say anything about consistency because I've only tried it once, the team I posted IS capable of beating Myr solo.

yami4ct

What is even a stable A.Pandy clear for Myr? I have the theoretical sub pool, but haven't ever been able to pull it off.

If you want to just farm Leg+, I use the basic A Panda template of A. Panda/Hanzo/UUEVO Panda (A. Loki inherit)/DD Uevo Akechi (Not in US yet)/Zuoh/A. Panda

Only real trouble spot is the final Myr form. You need to save an A Panda active usually to make sure you get enough hearts to undo her 6 turn bind. Once the absorb expires, Use Loki+Akechi and that's usually enough. If you can keep Zuoh saved you can make it a sure thing. You can kill her without loki if you need to use your sub panda in an emergency, but it's way safer with.

Also use the bind resist quest badge as that will basically guarantee you can clear all 6 turn binds with 1 row of hearts. Myr would need to bind both your sub panda and friend panda to screw you and that's exceptionally rare.

Bladelaw

Having trouble deciding which day to pull for my alt. 20 stones saved and useful subs on both days for different teams.

My alt's primary team is Awoken Lucifer, Okuni, Aamir/Persephone (depends on bind clearing needs), Castor, DKCecil.

Haku doesn't add much here since I don't have Akechi, Hanzo,, or Satsuki. Similar with a duper Persephone, no real benefit.

However, I'm building a Sherias Roots team and Sakuya would be the optimal bind clearing sub here. The GFE's are better for this team too even if incredibly unlikely to show up (Dkali plz).

Day 2 has Wukong who is a staple for Myr, Pandora who is all around awesome lead and sub, Perseus who is a poor man's ALB, and Yamato becomes a staple for Krishna once his UUevo shows up. There's nothing for me in Egypt 2 that I don't already have, though Nut could find a home.

Both days have a shot at Liu Bei since it's wood gala. The GFE's in both days are useful but obviously not counting on that. Balboa is a great shield option on Roots if Indra isn't available.

Talking it through I think I'll save my stones for day 2. Any Heroes would benefit my box (Yamato being the "worst" for me) and Egypt 2 would be sadness, while on day 1 Sakuya is pretty much the only thing I can benefit from.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Does that work out for you often, where you get to call what cards you want to drop from the REM and then you get them? I've got like 80 stones saved up from the last couple weeks of grinding thru the dungeons and I'm more or less braced my anus for getting a hot load of crap when I roll on em. Watched some youtube videos of streamers pulling on godfests and it's been nothing but struggle. Maybe those are just the most popular hits tho...

Bladelaw

Does that work out for you often, where you get to call what cards you want to drop from the REM and then you get them? I've got like 80 stones saved up from the last couple weeks of grinding thru the dungeons and I'm more or less braced my anus for getting a hot load of crap when I roll on em. Watched some youtube videos of streamers pulling on godfests and it's been nothing but struggle. Maybe those are just the most popular hits tho...

No that never works out. I usually get sadness out of the REM. There's the occasional exception or I've whaled waaaay too hard. It's about playing the odds, You wait for a GF featuring a pantheon that's mostly good for your box and then roll and pray. Or wait for a Player's Choice Godfest or a Director's Carnival featuring a lot of things you want/need.

For my alt I need things for my Roots, Myr, and Lucifer teams and it looks like Day 2 gives me the most potential value.

For your teams you need things to boost Ronove and Bastet.

Kaede would be amazing for both (and on her own) but rolling for a 6* GFE is asking for disappointment. The odds of you rolling 16 times and not seeing a GFE or pantheon monster are slim (it does happen though...) so given the state of your box you should roll on the day that provides the best chance and getting something you can use.

I'd say Day 2 works best for a few reasons:
Heroes is one of the best Pantheons
Perseus is great on Bastet as a utility sub, opens the door for coop Dios farming, and works on Ronove to make greens and hearts. Also every member of the heroes pantheon is a key sub or a popular leader, rolling any of them would be a boost to your box.

Egypt 2
Osiris is an incredibly useful sub on Ronove since you can use a turn to set up the board so his skill doesn't eat anything useful then burst with the premade green combo. Similar for Bastet. The other Egypt 2's are less impressive but Set is a solid TPA beast for fire teams, Nephtys can be subbed in for a lot of dark burst cards, Nut is a great friend to Sarasvati and You Yu, Hathor is a potentially strong lead but is in dire need of some love.

The GFE pool is less awesome for you since Sylvie and Balboa are really the best things you can hope for. Day 1's pool is better since Verdandi and Kaede will be boosted but relying on a specific GFE drop is pain waiting to happen.

So if I were you I'd roll day 2 or save my stones for the PCGF which is usually in late November. It depends on how quickly you want to clear harder content. If you're struggling in most dungeons I'd definitely roll now so you can build teams to clear descends for more awoken materials.

EDIT: also wood gala so you have boosted chances at pulling some great bastet subs like Liu Bei and Vishnu.

But if you roll Liu Bei just hop on the Dios train like everyone else. If you need help getting started with that let me know.

I have 135 stones and just got a hefty bonus at work so money isn't an issue but honestly if I roll 20 times and get just one of kaede or liu bei or gremory (or even eschmali or another fenrir or kali) I'll be fine

I just want to get to the point where I can reliably farm :(

Bladelaw

MHera Farm team update:
Team B is complete. Still working on Team A. I need to max skill Gunma and inherit Rodin on it and inherit Leeza on Liu Bei. Basically I need to get lucky with skill ups or pray the upcoming challenge dungeon spits out a woodpy. it needs at least a 2 turn cooldown to be used per the guide.

TODO Team A:
Get coins
Inherit Rodin on Gunma
Max skill Gunma
Inherit Leeza on Liu Bei

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looking at the GF, not sure which day to pull. I have 4 Ronove, so anything to make a Ronove team would be cool. I'd love subs for my Sumire squad, too. Oh, and I'm still fascinated by Fenrir.

Looking at the GF, not sure which day to pull. I have 4 Ronove, so anything to make a Ronove team would be cool. I'd love subs for my Sumire squad, too. Oh, and I'm still fascinated by Fenrir.

Godfest is kinda tough for Sumire. Day 2 of the pantheons has better Sumire subs, but day 1 has the best Sumire sub, herself. Don't know about Ronove team building, but maybe lean towards that since both days are pretty equal for Sumire.

Might yolo pull on my alt. Really nothing in the pantheons that I want super bad, and I'm not going to chase GFE. My main will just hoard stones for awhile.

Bladelaw

Best Ronove subs from the vids I've watched:
Kaede, mostly for damage and consistent green + hearts
Rozuel, for bind clearing and triple tpa on reds, a usable active as well
Rag Drag, combined with Ronove is a guaranteed activation, otherwise just a massive stat stick

Andromeda is great for a non-system Sumire team. Which day to pull depends strongly on your box, if you're missing a hero roll day 2, if you really want to press your luck, roll day 1.

W-00

Two pantheons per day? Isn't that unusual?

Looks like I'm going to have to make at least a courtesy pull on both days. There's too much that would be useful to me on both of them.

Also: I finally finished skilling up my three Zeuses-Dios. I'm planning on running with them led by Austalis (unless I get lucky with the Wood Gala) and to have either Verdandi or Avalon Drake to deal with combo shields. Would it be worth it to build a fourth Dios?

Bladelaw

Looks like I'm going to have to make at least a courtesy pull on both days. There's too much that would be useful to me on both of them.

Also: I finally finished skilling up my three Zeuses-Dios. I'm planning on running with them led by Austalis (unless I get lucky with the Wood Gala) and to have either Verdandi or Avalon Drake to deal with combo shields. Would it be worth it to build a fourth Dios?

The best argument I have for building a fourth Dios is to lead with if you lack ALB. As long as you can take a hit or force your HP to drop (Sanosuke from the Kenshin collab for example) then you basically have the same leader minus the skill use requirement and RCV buff. Australis works well enough that I don't know if it'll be worth putting a fourth together but I did it anyway just in case something came up where that would be beneficial.

They've done 2 pantheons per day a while ago.

W-00

The best argument I have for building a fourth Dios is to lead with if you lack ALB. As long as you can take a hit or force your HP to drop (Sanosuke from the Kenshin collab for example) then you basically have the same leader minus the skill use requirement and RCV buff. Australis works well enough that I don't know if it'll be worth putting a fourth together but I did it anyway just in case something came up where that would be beneficial.
'Better to have and not need than to need and not have,' basically. Yeah, I suspected as much. Guess I'll use stamina that isn't going to anything else to build one, but not sweat it if i can't get him completed. Thanks.

They've done 2 pantheons per day a while ago.
Thought they might have, but I wasn't sure if that was for special occasions or if the single-pantheon GFs we've been getting were the unusual ones. Thanks.

'Better to have and not need than to need and not have,' basically. Yeah, I suspected as much. Guess I'll use stamina that isn't going to anything else to build one, but not sweat it if i can't get him completed. Thanks.

Thought they might have, but I wasn't sure if that was for special occasions or if the single-pantheon GFs we've been getting were the unusual ones. Thanks.

I believe 2 per day is the norm,1 is unusual. At least that's how it's been in my year of PAD.

Top Bottom