• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

I max skilled Anji in 1 day running 2x Int. The problem I'm having is getting the sword to drop for Saito Hajime skillups. After getting 4 swords (1 skillup) the first 2x day I'm getting no Saito swords on day 2, just a few of the other weapons.

This is all Int, don't know if swords drop better on other difficulties.

Yeah I'm not sure if the drop rate is affected by difficulty. I'm just chain running Myth since I need Sojiro skill ups. doesn't seem to be helping much for non-boss drops.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've got so many swords to skill up monsters I don't have...It's so tempting but such a fool's game. Almost done skilling up all the farmables.

Got my first arena clear. I've probably had teams capable of clearing it for like 6 months, just now had a team so OP I felt like actually focusing on it. Easy spawns but my Gremory team made quick work of it. Almost one-shotted LKali. Team should be able to farm it, and when my Plum is skilled it's going to be trivialized because it's so easy to see right where she fits in on the team.

Was a little bummed out there's no stone for clearing arena 1, but a shynpy is cool I guess.

Bladelaw

Very jealous of those weapon drops. I need two more skill ups for Kenshin then I'm done with this collab but the sword just isn't dropping. I was hoping to be all set by the end of today but it looks like that's not happening. I've been getting plenty for Hajime but that's pretty much it lol.

Very jealous of those weapon drops. I need two more skill ups for Kenshin then I'm done with this collab but the sword just isn't dropping. I was hoping to be all set by the end of today but it looks like that's not happening. I've been getting plenty for Hajime but that's pretty much it lol.

Isn't that what Flampys are for? That's the one pii I always have a dozen of.

Bladelaw

Isn't that what Flampys are for? That's the one pii I always have a dozen of.

I burned (HA!) all my flampies on my XM team, then on getting my +egg button team set (Rodin and Beach Goemon). I did have a ton, not so much anymore.

At least the collab's music is good.

J0dy77

I burned (HA!) all my flampies on my XM team, then on getting my +egg button team set (Rodin and Beach Goemon). I did have a ton, not so much anymore.

At least the collab's music is good.

I haven't had the music in since the first month the game was released. Lol

Fuck this Kinnikuman ranking dungeon. The fixed team they give you is awful on top of being unable to make 3-matches. I think I hit a solid 10pct ranking score, but I don't really want to go for 1%...

ccbfan

Good Chinese God skill up luck.

4/10 on red jewel which I had a ridiculous amount of (over 30)
3/7 on dark jewel which I had a good amount of (15)
4/5 on light orbs which I had 7 of.

Gonna make another a haku and skill her up. ( I have 7 hakus)

Too bad I don't have a Karin cause I have a ton of blue jewels.

My alb team took all my greens.

Bladelaw

I haven't had the music in since the first month the game was released. Lol

I only turn the music on for collabs since there's usually some good iterations of classic themes. The standard music can die in a fire. I understand they want to keep their footprint small but man I could really use some variation in the default music.

b33r

Fuck this Kinnikuman ranking dungeon. The fixed team they give you is awful on top of being unable to make 3-matches. I think I hit a solid 10pct ranking score, but I don't really want to go for 1%...

I agree, I hate this ranking dungeon. The team is terrible and not fun.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've got so many swords to skill up monsters I don't have...It's so tempting but such a fool's game. Almost done skilling up all the farmables.

This is like 40% of my box right now. Skill up food that I've pulled out of the PAL machine over the months for monsters I'm sure I'll never own. I can't bring myself to get rid of these things tho. This is how GH is going to get my money...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I thought the desire sensor in Monster Hunter was bad but it's nothing compared to this game where you don't get your drops AND you're locked out of endlessly attempting by a paywall.

Had a finger slip off-screen and caused me to scrub out of the expert daily this morning, half my stamina down the drain.

J0dy77

Was starting to hit another lull in the game now that the Myr building hype has died down. decided to start messing around with Sumire... wow is she a good farm lead. I've stayed away from her because I don't have ideal subs like Andromada and most of my blue cards eat hearts. I decided to just forget the heart cross dmg bonus defense and just go pure damage and man does she hit hard, especially when you pair her with you yu.

I'm currently running Sumire, I&I, Awoken Hermes, Sarasvati, Nut and You yu. It ends up being 8 turns of water skyfall in a row if you use Sumire haste plus Nut's short active on 4 turns. There is just damage everywhere. Ton of 2 prongs on the team and enough rows to make it worthwhile.

I was saving the Zues and tamadra +297 they gave out for something that grabbed me... immediately fed zeus to her. I'll mess around with this team while hoping they start releasing some better content.

I've just been dumping stamina and even capping out lately. We've had about 4 or so events in a row with the descended challenges, where are the challenge dungeons?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Today has been a great day - lots of evolving going on in my box right now. However, now I need tamas. What's the best way to start farming them?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Today has been a great day - lots of evolving going on in my box right now. However, now I need tamas. What's the best way to start farming them?
Nice !!

Tamadra Retreat will be up tomorrow - so you can go all on out there, esp. if you farm coop.
A carefully played You Yu team can take that dungeon on. Coop is MUCH easier since you can have enough delays for all the trouble floors. You can get away with gravities too but those are harder to come by. I did a coop write up a couple pages back. Solo is super rough, it really feels like this dungeon was designed with 2 players in mind just so you have the tools to deal with all the bullshit.

I want to run it until I get the yellow drop but finding people who want to run that during 4x has been impossible.

You are absolutely right - still havent beaten the dungeon yet but i also dont wanna coop it because its one of the few solo challenges left in the game outside of Arena. Managed to get to the final floor with YY again only to realize that its pretty much impossible to clear without a Delay.... the stage is nuts but ill try to solo clear.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nice !!

Tamadra Retreat will be up tomorrow - so you can go all on out there, esp. if you farm coop.

Fantastic. I'll try and find someone to rock that with tomorrow. Wife is out of town all weekend, so I'm drinking beer, building LEGO, and playing video games. Gonna be sweet.

Aesnath

OK, so I'm slowly working through content in this game. But I have an issue. I'm running out of box space for a few things that seem like they are worth keeping.

My main team is Ronia, Lu Bu, King Baddie, D/B Vampire, and Drawn Joker. I'm also working on a Norn Urd team to run with my wife (who also drew one). Now, the issue that I have is that I have like 12 Tamadras right now and I'm not sure what to do with them. Both Ronia and Lu Bu have all of their awakenings, so they're not an option. Should I hold them until I make some more rare pulls (god help my box), use them on the vamp and joker (would help my current team...a little anyway), use them on Urd (good awakenings, not my main focus), use them on beach goemon (again, good awakenings, not my main team) or use them on paradise metatron (who seems like would be cool either for ANOTHER team, or as a skill transfer person).

I also got a lot of skill transfer guys before I knew how complex the process was, so I'm not sure if I should sell them.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm rank 127 btw.

LiQuid!

God this is so irritating. I need like 8 of the blue lits so I've been running Friday INT and I just threw away between 5-8 of every single color and in this span of time I've gotten ONE blue one. It's gotta be more worthwhile to just go spam the water noob dungeon to get these at this point right? I've gone thru 2 entire stocks of stamina with almost nothing to show for it but an overflowing box of garbage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
God this is so irritating. I need like 8 of the blue lits so I've been running Friday INT and I just threw away between 5-8 of every single color and in this span of time I've gotten ONE blue one. It's gotta be more worthwhile to just go spam the water noob dungeon to get these at this point right? I've gone thru 2 entire stocks of stamina with almost nothing to show for it but an overflowing box of garbage.

Desire sensor is real.

I needed 3 red lits for my Echidna and it took me 2 runs to get 2, and another 15 or so to get 1 more.

tbh "Overflowing Box of Garbage" would be a more apt name for the game.

Early on in one of the noob guides I saw the recommendation that your box space be equal to your rank, which is absolutely bonkers. I'm very glad I spent much of my early stone haul on expanding box space, because once I got a few usable monsters I already had the necessary materials.

The mythical +80 free box space I keep hearing about can't come soon enough.

Quantum

- spent most of the week making an awoken CaoCao (over 500 stamina chasing a dub-mythlit - ranked a couple times due to the 2x exp)

- hate it. funny - there were a bunch on my FL last week and almost none now - guess its was only the flavor of the week.

- at least I'm swimming in red snowglobes from last weeks challenge so there wasn't too much effort max leveling it.

- can't beat zeus 297 and its frustrating. have three different teams which should work but keep getting trolled or messing up my matches - was so close on one try I decided to use a stone only to activate the sub 20% 124k hit - really resent the word gift being associated with the dungeon.

- dying for new solo content, liked that they made solo challenges

- resent co-op button farmers, I want shiny things too.
(as mentioned before - most of the time I play I am not able to get good enough reception to play co-op)

W-00

*Getting an awful lot of dark orbs from farming Kanetsugu.*

Hm, I wonder how many dark orbs I have now...

*Clicks details.*

Waaait a minute! Tha- that's Awoken Haku's skill! I thought the rotation just made them skill up the non-awoken celestials like the chasers! Which, looking back, wouldn't have made much sense because the chasers already exist.

*Feeds Haku one dark orb.*

Woohoo! Awoken Haku: hypermaxed!

Also as a result of Kanetsugu: Maxed my second Akechi and have over half of the ATK and RCV pluses Anubis needs.

b33r

- spent most of the week making an awoken CaoCao (over 500 stamina chasing a dub-mythlit - ranked a couple times due to the 2x exp)

- hate it. funny - there were a bunch on my FL last week and almost none now - guess its was only the flavor of the week.

- at least I'm swimming in red snowglobes from last weeks challenge so there wasn't too much effort max leveling it.

- can't beat zeus 297 and its frustrating. have three different teams which should work but keep getting trolled or messing up my matches - was so close on one try I decided to use a stone only to activate the sub 20% 124k hit - really resent the word gift being associated with the dungeon.

- dying for new solo content, liked that they made solo challenges

- resent co-op button farmers, I want shiny things too.
(as mentioned before - most of the time I play I am not able to get good enough reception to play co-op)

I feel you, especially since I'm not iaping at the moment. Love the game still, just a bit sour on some of the multiplayer stuff.

Bladelaw

Good day farming MP. Hit rank 500 so rank ups from z8 are slow to come. Hoping to farm carnivals tomorrow. If anyone wants to join me I'm going to be running fire until Yamato and Sanada are done (wedding Echidna would be a nice bonus), Water until Andromeda and Sun Quan are done, Wood for Perseus, 2 more Liu Beis (failed attempts at trying for DQXQ), and Meimei. I don't think there's anything left for me in the light and dark carnivals. EDIT: oh yeah Haku skill ups would be nice so I'll probably end with that if all that stuff is done.

The order doesn't matter a whole lot to me, I'll probably start with fire though just because sanada skill ups are going to be the biggest pain in the ass.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I know it's RNG and all so need to be get worked up about it... But 0/20 on Akechi skill ups during 4x skill up? How is that even possible... Man F this game lol.

Good day farming MP. Hit rank 500 so rank ups from z8 are slow to come. Hoping to farm carnivals tomorrow. If anyone wants to join me I'm going to be running fire until Yamato and Sanada are done (wedding Echidna would be a nice bonus), Water until Andromeda and Sun Quan are done, Wood for Perseus, 2 more Liu Beis (failed attempts at trying for DQXQ), and Meimei. I don't think there's anything left for me in the light and dark carnivals. EDIT: oh yeah Haku skill ups would be nice so I'll probably end with that if all that stuff is done.

The order doesn't matter a whole lot to me, I'll probably start with fire though just because sanada skill ups are going to be the biggest pain in the ass.

I can run water for Andro skill to ups. She's been by far my worst skill up experience. Only at skill level 3 after working on her off and on for months. I've even got a dupe, but i don't think I'll ever attempt to skill her. Need her to finish off my Sumire/beach Lak teams.

LiQuid!

Wish there was a way to tell if I'm ready for the master version of the money dungeon without spending the precious stamina to find out. Expert seems way too easy but last time I gambled on a master level daily a rainbow keeper gave it to me good.

Wish there was a way to tell if I'm ready for the master version of the money dungeon without spending the precious stamina to find out. Expert seems way too easy but last time I gambled on a master level daily a rainbow keeper gave it to me good.

It's a pretty easy one. I can co-op it with you if you just want the stone for clearing it.

LiQuid!

It's a pretty easy one. I can co-op it with you if you just want the stone for clearing it.

Thanks, I tried it on my own and you're right it was quite easy. Sky fall combos for days with only 4 orbs. I mostly just needed it for the quest completion but also fusing +eggs has made me insanely poor. I was down to like 16k gold the other day. #struggle

You can cut down on costs by fusing +eggs in batches. I like doing 6x +1 -> 6x +6 -> 6x +36 with some adjustments depending on how much is necessary to cap out the monster.

LiQuid!

Holy shit, seriously? I've just been doing 5 at a time +1's to the base monster and spending a damn fortune. This game sometimes.

Jagernaut

When we have challenge dungeons (not the current Aqua challenge) one of the easier dungeons usually has a reward of 500,000 coins. Make sure to run those. I'm up to 40 million plus coins and haven't worried about money for a long time.

W-00

Well, after wiping out last night (/really early this morning) on Nordis L+ in multiplayer (neither of us had a bind-remover), I cleared it on my first solo attempt. Swapped out Anubis for Amaterasu (don't have any tans on hand, so I couldn't inherit) and creamed him with comical ease.

Holy Dragon didn't give its drop, but that was easily rectified with a trip to Sky Dragons' Domain - Dawn in the Sky. So now I just have to farm a bunch of evo mats, a bunch of exp fodder, and three of the mechdragons, and I should be able to give my Myr her first evolution. It's nice to have goals.

Okamid3n

One thing that's good about playing the NA server is having so much time to plan ahead. I maxed out Myr within an hour of her descended release, evos and all, because I had slowly built up her materials over the time gap between her JP release and her NA release.

One thing that's bad about playing the NA server is not having Ace Bastet.

Quantum

ugh - mega night out -

that feeling that you get when you look at your phone and only have six minutes left to run tamadras

also - finally walked past this place - which was dumb walking around last night it felt like 95 degrees out before the rain - I know it has been mentioned in the OT section
Mbv0pw0
- but still...

is imgur banned? or am I just not - confused!

oh well I can't figure it out and bored so here is the link (its the gaf bar in nyc) http://imgur.com/Mbv0pw0

Been whoring tama dungeon today. What are these chibi tamas for? The black ones?
sadness. (the chibidras)

Okamid3n

Been whoring tama dungeon today. What are these chibi tamas for? The black ones?

Chibi tamadras have, if I remember, 33% chance of giving you an awakening. You can also evo them to full 100% chance tamadras but I don't think it's worth the trouble, unless you already have the mats. I just feed them and cross my fingers.

Black ones are trolls. They give some exp, I guess.

Quantum

Chibi tamadras have, if I remember, 33% chance of giving you an awakening. You can also evo them to full 100% chance tamadras but I don't think it's worth the trouble, unless you already have the mats. I just feed them and cross my fingers.

Black ones are trolls. They give some exp, I guess.

I think you ment baby tamas give the smaller chance of awakening (the argued stat seems to me anywhere from 33-40)

the Chibidras are pure trolls (the black ones)

Okamid3n

Oh, you're right, I never actually checked their names. Thanks!

So I used the discord servers to find people to farm tamadras with and wow, why didn't I bother to use the discord servers before?! It's a game changer.

Bladelaw

I can run water for Andro skill to ups. She's been by far my worst skill up experience. Only at skill level 3 after working on her off and on for months. I've even got a dupe, but i don't think I'll ever attempt to skill her. Need her to finish off my Sumire/beach Lak teams.
Let me know when a good time is.

Also tomorrow is Star Vault day. Anyone not in Group E want to run for an hour straight? I can button or provide skill boosts. I'm pretty focused on hypering my anaphon team. Yes I know she's not in NA yet. I do have Plum and two Typhon's though so it's not like it's wasted effort.

W-00

Tree Challenge is coming to NA. Otherwise known as "Finish skilling up your Zeuses-Dios already, you lazy punks who haven't done it yet!"

Looking forward to it. I've got one Dios max-skilled, one at skill level 13, and one that I haven't worked on at all, so this will be a good opportunity, Might even make a fourth, so that I don't have to bother with the Wood and Dark Dog Dragons dungeon to skill up my Avalon Drake. At least, not yet. Eventually, sure.

Then I'll just have to farm a bunch of Ancient Green Sacred Masks and find people who are willing to ALB with an Australis partner.

Oh, and +297 everybody. That's gonna take some time.

Also tomorrow is Star Vault day. Anyone not in Group E want to run for an hour straight? I can button or provide skill boosts. I'm pretty focused on hypering my anaphon team. Yes I know she's not in NA yet. I do have Plum and two Typhon's though so it's not like it's wasted effort.

I'm around all day just watching football. Just ping me on discord when you want to run it.

I might be down for star vault. I have to A) figure out what garbage is taking all my box space and B) what I even want to plus. I guess Andro and maybe some Sumire/B. Lak subs. I cleared Zeus +297 (one stone with Gremory), so I really need to figure out where my eggs are going.

If Anaphon is anything like Gremory I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Gremory is hands down my favorite squad right now. Probably going to start focusing on Machine Hera once I have Arena down. I think my team is capable of clearing it, potentially farming it. Not having Plum skilled/evolved is really bumming me out though. Journey to the West needs to come back soon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man people are dumb. I was trying to farm 50 stamina Tamadra dungeons, but this dude wasted 2 Ra attacks on def broken babies. Like...why?

b33r

I used my Monday dungeon from the quest today to max skill Typhon while 4x was still active. I have bad timing with this game, so most likely Ana gets announced soon and this skill up will be worthless.

LiQuid!

Alright the plan to not stop til I got an Echidna has so far failed to bear fruit. I think stamina bar #4 is going to be the one tho!

J0dy77

Alright the plan to not stop til I got an Echidna has so far failed to bear fruit. I think stamina bar #4 is going to be the one tho!

Where are you trying to get her? She appears in a lot of dungeons but only drops in specific places. Don't waste too much effort on her. Her days as a valuable sub are long gone.

Is mantastic's blog the best place for teambuilding guides/theorycrafting? The reddit guides are cute but sort of haphazard.

I have 130 stones, I need another godfest :(

Top Bottom