• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Getting Gunma skill ups the old fashioned way is obnoxious. I burned woodpys on ALB and A. Parvati so I only have 2 left for Gunma. That leaves 3 skill ups to go. If you're wondering this is what it takes to get 5 Gunma for feeds:
5 Daruma
5 Leek
5 Konjac
5 Cabbage
10 Dragon Flowers
5 Red Keeper
10 Dragon Plants
10 Emelits
20 Dragon seeds
5 Saphlits

And then pray for 3x skill ups to have mercy. I'll probably be burning my Thursday mail dungeon this weekend to fill out what I need. Hopefully that'll do the trick because holy hell this is painful. The upside will be hopefully a max skills Mech Hera I can use to farm Arena 1.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Where is the information about the god fest? Thx for the write up Blade. I'm at a point in my time with PAD where I think basically anything will be helpful. Looking forward to rolling half dozen fairy tale waifus

Okamid3n

While farming Zeus Dios skill ups is surprisingly faster than I thought in coop, thanks to Discord...

...I have 50 woodpys with no sign of it slowing down.

I think I'll just throw em at the last Dios and move on with my life. I play this game for fun, anyway.

I'll quite enjoy the extra box space too.

Bladelaw

While farming Zeus Dios skill ups is surprisingly faster than I thought in coop, thanks to Discord...

...I have 50 woodpys with no sign of it slowing down.

I think I'll just throw em at the last Dios and move on with my life. I play this game for fun, anyway.

I'll quite enjoy the extra box space too.

....fifty!? How...?

I'd be happy with enough to finish Gunman lol

Okamid3n

Arena + non-iap (except the one time deals) + been playing for a while + green is my worst color = lots of woodpys and nothing to use them on. I've already used green pys on all my awoken green cards. I counted, I actually have 42 green pys, oops.

...I don't want to know how many green orbs I have, but I'll probably lose some in my mail box come next year.

b33r

I have to say, summyr is really fun to play, maybe my favorite lead. I would definitely save up for her in NA if I had good subs. Sumire is such a good sub, I wish light had a card like that for regular Myr. With the damage upgrade to the Myrs in JP one prong kills almost anything with a Scheat sub, and I can prong fire for sopdet or Parvati for damage control. First lead I enjoyed farming arena with. Lifive can be an asshole though...

Bladelaw

I have to say, summyr is really fun to play, maybe my favorite lead. I would definitely save up for her in NA if I had good subs. Sumire is such a good sub, I wish light had a card like that for regular Myr. With the damage upgrade to the Myrs in JP one prong kills almost anything with a Scheat sub, and I can prong fire for sopdet or Parvati for damage control. First lead I enjoyed farming arena with. Lifive can be an asshole though...
Unless I'm mistaken yang guifei does that.

W-00

Unless I'm mistaken yang guifei does that.

You mean act like a light version of Sumire? Because if so, I believe you're mistaken. Or PADX is. Yang Guifei converts to light/water/wood/fire and does 99 true damage to all enemies. Completely different from Sumire's 3x water and heart orbs + haste.

EDIT: Oh, I see that's been corrected.

b33r

Oh man, i was way off. I meant Xiu Min and even then its 6 light orbs lol

Haha yeah, I meant something that does a few light and hearts with a shortish cool down and haste. Water has Sumire, and she is amazing on summyr, green has kaede, dark has Yomi Dragon and plum, mp buys but I have both, Ana please.

But it is why I'm so excited for Ana, have two subs like that for dark.

Jagernaut

Haha yeah, I meant something that does a few light and hearts with a shortish cool down and haste. Water has Sumire, and she is amazing on summyr, green has kaede, dark has Yomi Dragon and plum, mp buys but I have both, Ana please.

But it is why I'm so excited for Ana, have two subs like that for dark.

Paimon is the light equivalent, but rare since he is a 6 star Godfest Exclusive.

Edit. Beaten.

Bladelaw

Gung Ho stream is next week. They're teasing a new dungeon "that will get everyone excited"

I'm hoping it's Ace. If we get Ace that means Ana is soon to follow.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Had 15 pulls worth of stones. I know Blade told me my best pulls are likely from Day 2 but I decided to do just a couple today and save the majority of them for tomorrow. So I did 5 and got

ForestBahn
Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
Archangel Metatron
Moon Dragon Caller Satsuki
Goddess of Secrets Kali

Not sure how much I can use most of that in the immediate, but I'm at least pleased with the ratio of good pulls to crap (gtfo ForestBahn)

Hopefully the luck remains in Day 2.

Six pulls on JP.

Dark Wisdom King (I am never going to be able to remember these names)
Light Dragon Knight
Andromeda (fucking finally)
Balboa
trash
trash

Cut my losses there, but I've been hunting for Andromeda for what seems like ages

Bladelaw

Had 15 pulls worth of stones. I know Blade told me my best pulls are likely from Day 2 but I decided to do just a couple today and save the majority of them for tomorrow. So I did 5 and got

ForestBahn
Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
Archangel Metatron
Moon Dragon Caller Satsuki
Goddess of Secrets Kali

Not sure how much I can use most of that in the immediate, but I'm at least pleased with the ratio of good pulls to crap (gtfo ForestBahn)

Hopefully the luck remains in Day 2.
Those are great pulls!
Meta will clear binds and dkali gives ronove a board to work with.

LiQuid!

Those are great pulls!
Meta will clear binds and dkali gives ronove a board to work with.

I got L.Kali actually, so she won't work as a Ronove sub I think since she doesn't make heals

b33r

One pull, Karin. Dupe, but I'll make her awoken form since I have her god killer one already. Will pull one tomorrow too.

Oh, the next ranking dungeon in JP will replace high predra rewards for 1%/10% ranking with the new latent unlock tama. I wonder if people will try to grind harder for placement now.

W-00

Single roll on my alt: Freyja. Not bad. Actually, she'll be pretty darn good for my alt once I wake her.

Single roll on my main: Perseus. Wow, poor Australis. I finally get him max-skilled and before he gets the chance to lead my Dioses he's already outdated. Unless Aussie gets a major buff, the most use I'll have for him now is as an inherited skill-delay shield. And even if he gets a buff, it will probably be marginal at best. Guess I'll start hoping Scheat gets the buff.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Six pulls today. Not the greatest pulls but I'll take what I can get since I'm still new to the game.

Odin
Ares
Evil Dutchess Gremory
Prometheus
Artemis
Avalon Drake

Gremory's ATK 6x matching hearts in a cross formation sounds over powered. I might have to start building a team around her and retire my Kanna lead.

b33r

Gremory is one of the strongest leaders in the game and my most wanted card. Congrats, you need fairly specific subs for her though.

Also if that's red Odin you got, pair it with a Shiva Dragon and use Ares and whatever red gods you have and destroy all early to mid content.

Lizard with a ladder

Gremory is one of the strongest leaders in the game and my most wanted card. Congrats, you need fairly specific subs for her though.

Also if that's red Odin you got, pair it with a Shiva Dragon and use Ares and whatever red gods you have and destroy all early to mid content.

I was hoping for a phantom Odin. Pulled a Grodin instead.

What subs do you recommend for Gremory? Subs that fill the board with hearts seems like an obvious choice but I'm still a noob. Suggestions are welcome.

What subs do you recommend for Gremory? Subs that fill the board with hearts seems like an obvious choice but I'm still a noob. Suggestions are welcome.

REM subs to look out for are Pandora, Akechi, and Typhon
Farmable subs include Pierdra and Grape Dragon. Xin Fa can be bought with MP but costs 300,000 MP so you probably won't be able to get her for a while.

Decided to do 10 rolls each day:

Red Riding Hood
Jester Wizard Chester
Sumire
Karin
Perseus
Marine Rider
Shiva
Evil Knight Creuse
Red Sky Wizard Chester
Masamune

Basically I hate everything and want to die. Here is my box as of right now. I have no idea what to do besides keep on trucking with my greens, I guess.

Decided to do 10 rolls each day:

Red Riding Hood
Jester Wizard Chester
Sumire
Karin
Perseus
Marine Rider
Shiva
Evil Knight Creuse
Red Sky Wizard Chester
Masamune

Basically I hate everything and want to die. Here is my box as of right now. I have no idea what to do besides keep on trucking with my greens, I guess.

Sumire is really good but needs super specific subs to work (that you do not have asides from Snow White, maybe)

Perseus is basically the wood version of Pandora so if you wanted an alternative green team to test drive you can attempt to lead with him

Shiva is good once he hits either the red/dark or awoken evolution.

b33r

Just read cosmos post, he nailed the best subs. Hanzo can work too since he doesn't break hearts.

Okamid3n

Anyone wants to help me try out my Liu Bei team? I just finished skilling the Dios. It's not plussed yet, but I think it could still clear Nordis M+, right?

I looked at the team A set up in discord, I don't have Australis or Artemis, but Awoken Astoroth's counter should work to bait the debuff on floor 5.

Edit : nvm, gotta go.

Lizard with a ladder

REM subs to look out for are Pandora, Akechi, and Typhon
Farmable subs include Pierdra and Grape Dragon. Xin Fa can be bought with MP but costs 300,000 MP so you probably won't be able to get her for a while.

Just read cosmos post, he nailed the best subs. Hanzo can work too since he doesn't break hearts.

I'll be on the look out for those subs. In the meantime I'll keep pushing through with my Kanna team. So far she's made the game a breeze. Her lack of bind resistance showed me her weakness when I tried running Friday's mythical dungeon. I need a new setup for that run.

Thanks for all the suggestion guys.

W-00

Perseus

You have Perseus. There is an event featuring Zeus-Dios going on right now. If you can't clear Dios on your own, then try to get someone to carry you in multiplayer. Farm up three Dios and do whatever you can to skill them up. While he isn't as good at it as Awoken Liu Bei, Perseus + 3x Dios + Verdandi + multiplayer = easily curbstomp a LOT of content, and easily farm MP.

Perseus is basically the wood version of Pandora so if you wanted an alternative green team to test drive you can attempt to lead with him

He is? Oh holy- he is! He's even better than I thought, then! Pandora is the lead I've had the most fun with in this game, so another version of her is awesome. Guess he'll be leading my regular green team as well as my Dios team.

You have Perseus. There is an event featuring Zeus-Dios going on right now. If you can't clear Dios on your own, then try to get someone to carry you in multiplayer. Farm up three Dios and do whatever you can to skill them up. While he isn't as good at it as Awoken Liu Bei, Perseus + 3x Dios + Verdandi + multiplayer = easily curbstomp a LOT of content, and easily farm MP.

I don't think I've cleared a single Mythical yet, so I'm nervous about asking someone to waste 25stam (or 1hr & 15 mins of recharge time) trying to carry me. I still don't do any substantial damage with my Verd team and I thrive mostly on having a massive HP pool and solid recovery. PADx's description of the dungeon is frightening to me based on my past experiences.

I can poke around Discord later on tonight, though, and see if the reddit people are game. Would be nice to have 1+ Zeus-Dios to play around with and give me some more team/farming options.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have Perseus...What kind of team can I build to get a carry through Dios? :3

I have a bunch of OK fire dudes? Just don't have the skills or levels on them to solo.

I have a bunch of OK fire dudes? Just don't have the skills or levels on them to solo.

I think there's a fire bind. Just put throw your best green subs on a team and lead with Perseus. ALB should be able to carry on his own.

Id be willing to help anyone through it if they want.

Hit me up on discord (Dr_LawyerCop#6284) or PM me here to set something up.

W-00

I don't think I've cleared a single Mythical yet, so I'm nervous about asking someone to waste 25stam (or 1hr & 15 mins of recharge time) trying to carry me. I still don't do any substantial damage with my Verd team and I thrive mostly on having a massive HP pool and solid recovery. PADx's description of the dungeon is frightening to me based on my past experiences.

I can poke around Discord later on tonight, though, and see if the reddit people are game. Would be nice to have 1+ Zeus-Dios to play around with and give me some more team/farming options.

For both of you, I think your best chance of getting a carry is to try to get someone with an ALB (or similar) team of their own. If you can get Perseus to his second form and get some awakenings on him, that would be good. Then put as many monsters with skill boost awakenings as you can on the team. That way, your partner would probably be able to just nuke every floor and all you'd have to do would be focus on not dying.

If you can't find anyone, I'd be willing to give it a try with my Australis-Dios team (I'd use Perseus, but I don't have the fodder to level him up enough to evolve).

Fake edit: Oh, I see Dr_LawyerCop has already covered this.

Ducarmel

pulled on jp day 2 originally looking for wisdom gods, but i backed off on that and was chasing Ganesha. My alt got him in 4 pulls.

my main got destroyed, I did get the blue and light wisdom god, Ronove and Sitri. but the rest fdjgfxjgxxffkhcgkjchkggkhx

Thanks guys, I have ~30 tamadras hanging out in my mailbox so I can put together a team with as many skill boosts as needed, but I'm worried that would put me in a dangerous HP situation. When I get home in a few hours I'll hop on discord and try chatting with people and maybe PM one of you if you have the time/ability.

It'll be tough to have the stamina because of the tamadra dungeon and the Extreme King Metal Dragon dungeon later on today, but if I can be reliably carried through it a few times I would absolutely stone a recovery or two. I wish I could gift stones :(

LiQuid!

Crap I did another pull and got Ronove again. What do you do with REM dupes? :(

Ducarmel

dupes usually fall into 4 categories

1. Use for inherits if its a useful active skill, or as a cheap skill delay resist.

2. Useful to have more then one of the same card for system teams

3. Alternate evo branches.

4. Sell for mp

Imo Ronove active skill is very niche so either use him as an inherit on himself for skill delay resist if you don't have anything better. As a dupe sub he is even more useless then as a sub already and there is no precedent to keep him for an alternate evo because so far no GFE card ever got a split evo. So sell for MP if you honestly have no use for another.

LiQuid!

Wow, how many do you have? I think after 2 you just sell them. GFE sell for more MP.

Only 2. What do i do with the 2nd one? Is it useful?
Imo Ronove active skill is very niche so either use him as an inherit on himself for skill delay resist if you don't have anything better. As a dupe sub he is even more useless then as a sub already and there is no precedent to keep him for an alternate evo because so far no GFE card ever got a split evo. So sell for MP if you honestly have no use for another.

Oh I see this, I'll look into inheritance later I suppose.

Top Bottom