• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Quantum

I have 4 Ronove. Not sure how. Should I just keep 2 then?

I keep two of everything, three if I actively use one in a "main" team. for certain cards I keep 3 or 4.

(four Rodin for example - can't bring myself to sell one)

I think with ronove its niche enough that you should be fine keeping two *but* you never know. I don't see how it could possibly become a system team card, but if you aren't cramped for space keep it until you need to sell it.

edit: what bladelaw said.

W-00

Thanks to some off-color feeding, I leveled my Perseus enough to evolve him. I then proceeded to feed him a max level Green Snow Globe Dragon and all three Tamadras I had (including a +297 Tamadra I'd been saving). He's still missing one awakening for the form, but hopefully I can remedy that later tonight.

Going by the logic that, having put so much into him, my next pull would make me regret it by being something better, I made another pull. The logic proved faulty, and I received Radious. Now I have to decide if the possibility of it being a useful inherit outweighs the 3000 MP I could get for selling it... It probably does...

Bladelaw

Thanks to some off-color feeding, I leveled my Perseus enough to evolve him. I then proceeded to feed him a max level Green Snow Globe Dragon and all three Tamadras I had (including a +297 Tamadra I'd been saving). He's still missing one awakening for the form, but hopefully I can remedy that later tonight.

Going by the logic that, having put so much into him, my next pull would make me regret it by being something better, I made another pull. The logic proved faulty, and I received Radious. Now I have to decide if the possibility of it being a useful inherit outweighs the 3000 MP I could get for selling it... It probably does...
My personal rule is hang on to cards until I need the MP. if theres no MP monster for sale right now you need then just hang on to them.

jay23

Crap I did another pull and got Ronove again. What do you do with REM dupes? :(

Give him to me :D

I'm gonna roll a few times tomorrow, heroes is still the best pantheon imo so I wouldn't mind dupes of the cards I already have.

I think it's time for them to get rid of some more gfe like they did with gzl/rgy/ggy/ apocalypse.

Dark/light metatron and odins would get my vote.

Discord told me getting carried through Zeus-Dios is easy provided I have enough HP to survive his preemptive, which according to PADx is only ~14k, a bar I can easily clear. I'll try and find someone on their dedicated server ¯\_(°_o)_/¯

Jagernaut

Discord told me getting carried through Zeus-Dios is easy provided I have enough HP to survive his preemptive, which according to PADx is only ~14k, a bar I can easily clear. I'll try and find someone on their dedicated server ¯_(°_o)_/¯

I can run Zeus Dios with you in a few minutes if you still need it.

Jagernaut

Don't be afraid to use actives, especially in a short dungeon. You could have used a skill to kill Angel in 1 turn for example. When you team up with Awoken Liu Bei try to match 9 connected wood orbs for the full attack multiplier.

Oh yeah, sorry about that... from day one (a year and a half ago...) I guess my entire playstyle was to wait for all the skills to be charged during the dungeon and then just burst the boss down with orb changers and a Woodsie, which worked all the way up until about two weeks ago after I breezed through most of the Normal and Tech dungeons. I guess I'm still a little spooked by the thought of using a skill early and not having access to it when I might need it against the boss.

Now I have some monsters to focus on building and some team flexibility, along with whatever I roll tomorrow. Thank you again :)

Bladelaw

I'm so glad I never have to skill up Gunma again. My god was that a pain in the ass.

I've got both sides of the Liu Bei mech Hera farm team done if anyone wants to try running with me.

Bladelaw

The MHera farm teams work pretty well. It's not 100% consistent as bad skyfalls on Sadalemek can ruin your day but even then it's recoverable for the most part. Now to max skill a Mhera while trying to get bits of Orpharion.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
1. Sun Wukong
2. Archangel Meta (dupe)
3. Balboa
4. Zuoh
5. Cerberus Rider (dupe)
6. Australis
7. Ronove (3rd one)
8. Genie
9. Wee Jas
10. Snow White

Man my day 2 rolls were so bad.

I just updated my padherder, someone tell me I have a viable team somewhere in here.

https://www.padherder.com/user/LiQuitas/monsters

I think australis has niche uses (and likely future uses with buffs) because of the nutso row awakenings, I see the name floated around some

my 10 were also bad:

berserker z
avalon drake (x2)
ryune
fenrir viz (lol)
gadius
blue sonia
earth dragon swordsman (smh)
sylph
algedi

I think the game wants me to use jammers but I refuse!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
All I ever wanted in life was some good time extend subs. Is it too much to ask?

You know what the worst part about my 2 days of GF were? I've been sitting on 2 snow globe dragons just waiting for ANY decent red monster to dump them into so I could get a fast track to having a maxed out monster and haven't rolled even a trash red monster lol. I'd just use them to max out whatever my most viable team is, but man wasting 2 million exp sounds like a bad time.

Bladelaw

1. Sun Wukong
2. Archangel Meta (dupe)
3. Balboa
4. Zuoh
5. Cerberus Rider (dupe)
6. Australis
7. Ronove (3rd one)
8. Genie
9. Wee Jas
10. Snow White

Man my day 2 rolls were so bad.

I just updated my padherder, someone tell me I have a viable team somewhere in here.

https://www.padherder.com/user/LiQuitas/monsters
The good news is those rolls aren't bad. You have some great subs looking for the right leader.

Red: not much to work with here. Ame no uzume is your best card and she's a decent bind clear for ronove.

Blue: see red. Snow White is useful to inherit on non rainbow teams but you need the wood orbs for ronove.

Green: ronove is obviously the star, with Ame no uzume you have colors covered, still looking for great orb changers like Perseus but you can use the green sprite until RNG blesses you. You can use Bastet to buy you more move time once you awaken her. Zhuge Liang would fit well on awoken Bastet.

Light: you have a potential Myr team waiting to happen. You earn Myr then you sub Wukong, dqxq, wee has, and moogle and you have what my alt uses for a Myr team. The hard part is actually getting her.

Dark: lots of good subs looking for a leader. Sheen, zuoh, Satsuki, and Jize are all valuable but none are great leaders on their own.

Looks like Awoken Bastet is the best team you can put together at the moment. I'd run

Bastet
Zhuge Liang
Balboa (I know it's redundant with ZL but the shield is good and Bastet is squishy)
Ronove (clears hazard like a full board change)
Wood Sprite Lily

Look for green orb changers. Get to the two heroes dungeon and farm up cu chulainn. He will serve you well. Same thing with Zeal. Farm up a green Mystic knight ASAP. I'd replace Lily as soon as you get either of them. Check padx to see where else you can get them. If it's a tech or special dungeon I can carry you through.

Bladelaw

I think australis has niche uses (and likely future uses with buffs) because of the nutso row awakenings, I see the name floated around some

my 10 were also bad:

berserker z
avalon drake (x2)
ryune
fenrir viz (lol)
gadius
blue sonia
sylph
algedi

Dude 3 6* gfe isn't bad by any definition.

Ryune pairs with idunn and idunna for one of the strongest pre cross meta leads. Blue sonia is a key sub and their best burst board. You can fill with pretty much any blue orb changer for a powerhouse team.

Hell blue sonia is a solid leader on her own and Ryune makes a great sub for her.

I dont know much about viz teams but if his cooldown is low he can be a solid stat stick for light teams with inheritance.

Gadius is a key sub for a lot of fire teams since he's bind immune and can clear with a row of hearts that he can theoretically produce.

Those are awesome rolls.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did 12 rolls this morning:

• Artemis
  • Sitri
  • Tsubone
  • Red Riding Hood
  • Ruel
  • Ronove (#5 lol)
  • Gadius
  • Berserker Z (dupe, MP)
  • Alfecca (dupe, MP?)
  • Set
  • Phact
  • LTron (dupe, MP?)
I can now run the full Ronove team everyone talks so highly of! /sarcasm

Should I sell my dupe Alfecca and LTron?

Bladelaw

Did 12 rolls this morning:

• Artemis
  • Sitri
  • Tsubone
  • Red Riding Hood
  • Ruel
  • Ronove (#5 lol)
  • Gadius
  • Berserker Z (dupe, MP)
  • Alfecca (dupe, MP?)
  • Set
  • Phact
  • LTron (dupe, MP?)
I can now run the full Ronove team everyone talks so highly of! /sarcasm

Should I sell my dupe Alfecca and LTron?
Alfecca is a safe sell. I'd keep the dupe meta just for inheritance unless you have plenty of quick bind clears.

WTF do you do with 5 Ronove?

LiQuid!

Thanks again Blade, such good guidance. I've still got a bit to go on Normal dungeons. I just started Tower to the Sky, so it looks like I have at least a full tier of them left to go before I can farm Cu Cuwhatever. That Mystic Knight too, I think it's just a matter of plugging away at the dungeons until I get to where they can drop. I can't really keep track of all the special dungeons they might show up in, that entire section of the menu is like gibberish to me.

I've been using that bootleg lui bei for orb changing in the meantime over the sprite. Stats are a lot better at least. How's Australis as an orb changer over both of them tho? Clears out some junk like Ronove too.

Gonna take the next couple days and farm the hell out of some green exp. Such struggle having 2/3 of my box full of evo materials and have like 20+ tamadras taking up space too but none of these goobers are leveled enough to evo/awaken them.

edit: btw I plugged at some more dungeons this morning and got 5 more stones and pulled another Wee Jas. PAD, I just can't.

Dupe Australis
Alfecca
Sherias
Ronia #3
trash

3/10 godfest would not roll again

The thing with Australis' orb change is that he also converts hearts. That can be a liability in dungeons where you need to stay healthy, but those dungeons don't really show up until late game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alfecca is a safe sell. I'd keep the dupe meta just for inheritance unless you have plenty of quick bind clears.

WTF do you do with 5 Ronove?

I don't - my box is still evolving.

I am so confused regarding Ronove. He just keeps showing up. I'd much rather see, uh, any other GFE. But whatever. I'll just keep piling up Ronove.

Popped another for shits and got a second Fenrir, which I actually really wanted. And a Pandora and Andromeda. I guess I've got all the match bunches of colors for damage leads now, except Wukong. Just need subs!

I don't - my box is still evolving.

I am so confused regarding Ronove. He just keeps showing up. I'd much rather see, uh, any other GFE. But whatever. I'll just keep piling up Ronove.

Popped another for shits and got a second Fenrir, which I actually really wanted. And a Pandora and Andromeda. I guess I've got all the match bunches of colors for damage leads now, except Wukong. Just need subs!

I'd for sure work on Pandora, since so many people have her. Makes finding multiplayer games easier.

Ducarmel

Pandora just needs fast orb chagers and lots of rows. 2 rows and full proc of her leader skill should just about crush any thing in the game.

Popular subs for Pandora are Akeshi, Pandora herself most go with her UUevo for the rcv, Zuoh is her best full board changer, and either another orb changer like Haku or dark valk, or dark devil utility depending on the dungeon.

Cameo is a good inheritance card on Pandora, overkill in most cases but kind of cool to see the type of damage she outputs with that skill.

Her biggest weakness is binds, pretty much have to go with Aamir, or hope to pull Nobu, but Nobu is a Pandora like leader and you might as well use him over Pandora.

She is definitely my favorite card in the game, but her and liu bei pretty much make the game game easy mode, so I have been staying away from her and trying out cross heart

Bladelaw

Is there a good Pandora template to build a team off of?
Several. She's super orb hungry so basically any devil that makes darks is good.

If you need help getting her awoken mats let me know. You just missed Aamir and surtur but they'll be around again. I'm still trying to max skill an Aamir and he's been incredibly stubborn. 50+ feeds and still not done.

Best cards for Pandora are Zuoh and Akechi for a burst board. Aamir is an on type bind clear, Hanzo is a quick orb changer. Dark Valkyrie is amazing as it shores up the RCV hole, and dupe pandoras in their super evo form fills out the team. Awoken Persephone is real strong with the dark sky fall buff too.

For farmables the vampire lord is a crappier dark valk.

The standard Arena template for her is IIRC

Pandora
Zuoh
Awoken Lucifer (Akechi inherit)
Awoken Persephone
Awoken Loki

Zuoh-->Pandora-->Akechi-->Loki will kill basically everything.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks guys. My dark box is suffering, so she will probably go on the back burner for now.

I ran Aegir on both difficulties with dual Ronove leads. This heart cross meta makes some of this old content quite trivial, even for underleveled and non-ideal teams.

Thanks guys. My dark box is suffering, so she will probably go on the back burner for now.

I ran Aegir on both difficulties with dual Ronove leads. This heart cross meta makes some of this old content quite trivial, even for underleveled and non-ideal teams.

it also makes new content quite trivial, even for underleveled and non-ideal teams

LiQuid!

Anybody wanna give me a quick tip on most stamina efficient monster exp? I'm trying to google for guides and they are all either super old, super ambiguous, or super unhelpful.

Low tier tech dungeons for pengdras?

Higher tier tech dungeons for pengdras?

Normal dungeons and just feeding trash monsters?

Sitting around waiting for guerrillas or for an enhance carnival to show up again is a bad time.

MiTYH

Did one pull yesterday, got Zhuge Liang. Happy with that, though I've got more than enough green members already

Today did a pull, Mistrain.

---
So, looking for advice on a green team. Originally I was working on a Bastet team, but in the past few Godfests I've pull a lot of green. Wanted to know everyone's thoughts. I've also got 3 green-pys to use one someone. Here are my green heavy hitters, assume they are all fully awoken on skills. And the only reason they're not fully evolved is because I'm in dire straights for green jewels:

- Awoken +297 Bastet
- Awoken Meimei
- Kaede (2nd form)
- Ultimate Ruel
- Ultimate (not final) Perseus
- Awoken Ceres
- GOdin
- Gaia (3 of them)
- Parvati (2nd form)
- Ronove
- Thumbelina
- Leeza
- Zhuge Liang

Any help is appreciated!

W-00

Going by the logic that, having put so much into him, my next pull would make me regret it by being something better, I made another pull.

LIU BEI! My first pull today was Liu Bei! I was right! I was just off by the day! Come, PAD-GAF, laugh with me! Laugh with me!

Because really, I am far more amused than I am annoyed at having put so much into a card that is already overshadowed for its main use.

Pulled two more times after that: Archangel Metatron and Zhuge Liang.

I'm okay with how this GF went for me. Five pulls, only a single trash (because Meta might be getting a buff soon, and she's at least useful for inheritance), and no dupes.

my 10 were also bad:

berserker z
avalon drake (x2)
ryune
fenrir viz (lol)
gadius
blue sonia
sylph
algedi

Bladelaw already covered most of this, but Avalon Drake is not a bad card. It's a rather good Perseus sub, for example, that can be used on either a pushbutton farming team to deal with combo shields or a regular team to clear a board or provide a pretty good burst (because unless you're supremely trolled, you should get at least two green rows' worth of orbs from its active).

b33r

I took my Luci team into arena to burn some stamina. Killed Kali with a pixel of life left. Killed by the pii as I had two hearts and no actives left. That sucked.

hermit7

Pulled a couple times. Got an Australis.

How useful is she now? I remember she used to be quite good, but I am unsure of current uses for her.

W-00

Pulled a couple times. Got an Australis.

How useful is she now? I remember she used to be quite good, but I am unsure of current uses for her.

From what I gather, he at least has a niche use on an ALB farming team to force monsters that can dispel buffs to waste a turn doing so (thanks to his skyfall effect).

Bladelaw

From what I gather, he at least has a niche use on an ALB farming team to force monsters that can dispel buffs to waste a turn doing so (thanks to his skyfall effect).
He also makes a ton of greens and clears garbage which is pretty useful. His active is more use than the monster though

LiQuid!

Looks like Awoken Bastet is the best team you can put together at the moment. I'd run

Bastet
Zhuge Liang
Balboa (I know it's redundant with ZL but the shield is good and Bastet is squishy)
Ronove (clears hazard like a full board change)
Wood Sprite Lily
I'm so dumb. I put all these guys in a team so I would remember it while I was working towards leveling and evolving them. Then I started making my way thru the dungeon I'm at (Tower to the Sky). Got all the way thru the entire dungeon until the final level of it and then I died like 2 fights in. I couldn't believe I died but retried (no stone, just quit out and restarted). Half way thru the level the 2nd time I realized that I forgot to switch my team off of this un-leveled noob team. Managed to beat the entire dungeon basically with just Bastet, Ronove, my friend leader and 3 unleveled monsters... Team has like 9k HP.

Okamid3n

I did Scarlet M+ in co-op with Liu Bei. I followed the guide on Discord, it didn't mention needing to give atk plusses on your team. Even so, I failed to one shot the first phase of Scarlet. It was fine anyway, since we had an extra Liu Bei active and the boss wasted a turn binding one of my cards, but still...I was hoping the guide would mention if I need attack +eggs or not. And yea, there were some enhanced orbs on the board.

Guess after skilling up the three Dios, the quest to plus them begins.

Ducarmel

Anybody know on JP server how to get Verdor, that blue whale looking card. I'm not sure if its something to do with pad r or if its some dungeon I'm not aware of.

Interested in it for Ganesha team

Dude 3 6* gfe isn't bad by any definition.

Ryune pairs with idunn and idunna for one of the strongest pre cross meta leads. Blue sonia is a key sub and their best burst board. You can fill with pretty much any blue orb changer for a powerhouse team.

Hell blue sonia is a solid leader on her own and Ryune makes a great sub for her.

I dont know much about viz teams but if his cooldown is low he can be a solid stat stick for light teams with inheritance.

Gadius is a key sub for a lot of fire teams since he's bind immune and can clear with a row of hearts that he can theoretically produce.

Those are awesome rolls.

Hm, thanks. I don't know that I have the ability to string together a team with my blues yet but I know I had some good ones already (Isis and I&I). And row teams sound like a neato change from my current 9 TPA go-to.

Bladelaw already covered most of this, but Avalon Drake is not a bad card. It's a rather good Perseus sub, for example, that can be used on either a pushbutton farming team to deal with combo shields or a regular team to clear a board or provide a pretty good burst (because unless you're supremely trolled, you should get at least two green rows' worth of orbs from its active).

I believe it, it's just that this is my fourth one. :/ I don't know whether to feed two for skillups or sell them for MP (I haven't gotten anything with MP yet but only have ~5k).

W-00

I believe it, it's just that this is my fourth one. :/ I don't know whether to feed two for skillups or sell them for MP (I haven't gotten anything with MP yet but only have ~5k).

Oh, wow. Yeah, that changes things. But still, DO NOT feed them for skillups! Avalon Drake has a farmable skillup monster in a coin dungeon. They are worth far more as inheritance fodder or MP than they are as attempts at getting skill levels.

Top Bottom