• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

J0dy77

Had a very good Godfest!

Lui Bei!!! Completely unexpected with this GF lineup.
Sherias Roots. Bringing back the orb meta
Nut - dupe but I'll keep for the inherit

Stopped there feeling pretty good. I even have one max skill Zeus dios and working on another. Finally have a nice wood lead, don't think I've had one since the ancient dragon knight meta. Lol

Edit: got greedy and threw one more pull Sitri!! Today was a good PAD day.

Bladelaw

Anyone feel like looking at my current PAD Herder and weighing in on some possible teams I can start working on?

Sure, I'll edit when I've looked through.

Ok I'm seeing a ton of potential.
Given this box I'd look at making/developing the following teams:

Fenrir
Fenrir
Jormungandr (farmable full board change with jammers)
Phact (lmeta inherit)
Kushinadahime

if you ever roll Indra he should take over Kushi's slot. You need a bind clear and a shield to play high level content with Fenrir.

Ronove
Phact
Ame no Uzumi (Megumi inherit)
Perseus
Orihime

Plenty of hearts, color coverage for all but dark, and Perseus gives you a burst.

Perseus
Dios
Dios
Dios
<flex>

Farm stuff

Pandora
Hamal
Chester
Vampire Duke (farmable dark heart -->dark orb changer)
Okuninushi

Until you awaken Pandora you just need dark orbs to deal damage, Once you awaken her you need Devils so I'd move to something like this:
Awoken Pandora
Vampire Duke
Fenrir (Hamal Inherit)
Fenrir (Okuni inherit)
Aamir (Chester)

Chester is there for jammer cleanup if you use Fenrir before the inherits are up. Aamir is if you need to clear binds and an RCV stick. Gods will be wrecked and who knows, you might pull a zuoh and/or Akechi to finish the team.

W-00

Anyone feel like looking at my current PAD Herder and weighing in on some possible teams I can start working on?

Skipping over fire because I have no experience using it...

Water: Sumire is an excellent lead. You don't have the subs for a great Sumire team, but you still have some for a pretty good one. Andromeda for sure, and maybe something like Alfecca, Kraken Rider, and Sitri to round out the team. There are some other good cards in there, but with Sumire you really want something that makes water and hearts, or at least something that doesn't get rid of hearts. Then again, in a dungeon that doesn't have pre-emptives, you might only need to make a heart cross once.

EDIT: I should also point out that Andromeda is a good leader in her own right, in the same style as Perseus and Pandora (mentioned below).

Wood: Besides the coop-farming team, Perseus can also lead a good regular team. For that, you'll basically want as many short-cooldown green orb makers as possible. A team from your box might look something like Perseus/Artemis/Ruel/Phact/(Marine or Griffin Rider). Kushinada could be subbed in if you need a shield.

I have basically no experience with the monsters in your light box, so I'll skip them, too.

Dark: PANDORA! PANDORA! You have Pandora! Pandora's needs are basically the same as Perseus': short-cooldown orb makers, but dark this time. Devil typing is preferable, but shouldn't stop you from putting a good non-devil on the team. From your box, maybe something like Pandora/Hamal/Gryps Rider/Dorva/(evolve Lil' Black Dragon to at least Chaos Devil Dragon). Monsters like Cho or Thanatos could be subbed in if you need a shield or to void light damage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There's no way you're rank 157.... how....

What do you mean?

And thanks for the wood tips. I'll work on some subs and leveling to see what comes of it. I love playing Sumire because I'm a fan of that heart cross system. Same with Ronove. It's like OG Horus with a new twist for mad damage.

E: Thanks Bladelaw. Lots of fun and interesting ideas there. The inherit system is a LOT to wrap my head around since it was never a thing during my past romps with the game. Looks like it opens a TON of unique options. Excited to look more into that.

Ducarmel

Yes? If you see 5 Ronove, it's the right box!

You know what I confused you with Cosmo for some reason.

I guess most recommendations have already been mentioned.

Maybe Alrescha could be something to look into her leader Uevo can pair up with a You Yu friend leader. Note that her leader Uevo is not out in NA yet.

J0dy77

I mean it's a really low rank considering the stuff in your box, you can't even see 99stam dungeons yet!

Although to be fair I spent 4-5 days a few weeks ago grinding rank so maybe I'm an outlier.

Nico is one of the original whales and an early days PAD gaf player. He only knows full throttle. :)

J0dy77

Id still vote for sumire. She's one of your best end game leads and you've got pieces to make her work. Work on lui Bei team as well. All that farming will let you catch up quickly. You've got nice stay to a xiang mei team with Gadius and Red riding good, if you pull uriel I would vote for her as your first MP buy.

Edit: missed all the ronoves and talk, go with him.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Id still vote for sumire. She's one of your best end game leads and you've got pieces to make her work. Work on lui Bei team as well. All that farming will let you catch up quickly. You've got nice stay to a xiang mei team with Gadius and Red riding good, if you pull uriel I would vote for her as your first MP buy.

Edit: missed all the ronoves and talk, go with him.

Sumire and Ronove are the teams I want to build. Fenrir seems like a fun team if I can build him. But I also need a mindless farm team for when I can start KoG farming. Ronove is fun, but he's far from mindless.

On the topic of MP, I am slow going on that. I need MP, but I can't quite do the whole MP farm thing, yet.

Nico is one of the original whales and an early days PAD gaf player. He only knows full throttle. :)

This.

Bladelaw

Sumire and Ronove are the teams I want to build. Fenrir seems like a fun team if I can build him. But I also need a mindless farm team for when I can start KoG farming. Ronove is fun, but he's far from mindless.

On the topic of MP, I am slow going on that. I need MP, but I can't quite do the whole MP farm thing, yet.

This.
Myr is amazing for mindless farming in normals. One heart cross then a 3 light match until zeus where a row kills. Its actually worth burning a stone or two to get her. Her first stage evo is pretty easy to get.

Okamid3n

Not just monday, there are much better options in general with Co-op. It's good if you can't use those options yet and it's not monday, though. Edit : I just realized you mentionned co-op. Oops!

And skilling up Sopdet is more miserable than skilling up three Dios. Sopdet never drops for me. I'm 0/7...

Bladelaw

I'm pretty sure C10 can be Liu Bei Cheesed, you just need some form of SDR on player 1's Dios and an enhance. Player two needs Dios and a top/bottom row changer to handle Shiva's combo shield.

I can run player 1 or player 2 is anyone wants to do that later.

I'm pretty sure C10 can be Liu Bei Cheesed, you just need some form of SDR on player 1's Dios and an enhance. Player two needs Dios and a top/bottom row changer to handle Shiva's combo shield.

I can run player 1 or player 2 is anyone wants to do that later.

I should be able to do this. I've got a skill on one of my Dios for Scarlet farming. Lunch time or this evening would work for me.

Bladelaw

I should be able to do this. I've got a skill on one of my Dios for Scarlet farming. Lunch time or this evening would work for me.

Ok I'll be available around 12:00-12:30 US East

Player 1: ALB, Dios, Dios(enough SDR to tank 2 turn SDR), Dios (Or god killer with high ATK), Wood Enhance (Freyja, Beorc, Parvati) with 2 turns of SDR

Player 2: ALB, Dios, Dios, Dios, Tengu (Double Row Changer).

Floor 1: P1 Dios kill
Floor 2: P1 eats the skill delay, P2 Dios, double row changer, kill
Floor 3: P1 Dios, Enhance, swipe. Given sufficient levels and +'s on P1's team this should be a 1 hit KO. I'm a fan of Beorc for this since the 10% gravity chips pretty hard at Kali, though another option is to have P1 enhance then pass to player 2 for the kill. The key is hitting Just over 10 million damage per card without Beorc or just over 9 million with her.

I know a fully enhanced Dios board with a max level 297'd Dios does 11 million damage per Dios. I plan on bringing Algedi if player 1 for God killer since I don't have 3 level 99 Dios.

Otherwise my Tengu with Chad inherit will suffice for my player 2.

Jagernaut

If anyone wants to run c10 later with Bladelaw's suggested team, I can do team A (with Sasuke) or team B. I have 3 hyper Dios and can inherit Kamiya Kaoru for double row change.

Jagernaut

Player 1: ALB, Dios, Dios(enough SDR to tank 2 turn SDR), Dios (Or god killer with high ATK), Wood Enhance (Freyja, Beorc, Parvati)

Floor 3: P1 Dios, Enhance, swipe. Given sufficient levels and +'s on P1's team this should be a 1 hit KO. I'm a fan of Beorc for this since the 10% gravity chips pretty hard at Kali, though another option is to have P1 enhance then pass to player 2 for the kill. The key is hitting Just over 10 million damage per card without Beorc or just over 9 million with her.

I know a fully enhanced Dios board with a max level 297'd Dios does 11 million damage per Dios. I plan on bringing Algedi if player 1 for God killer since I don't have 3 level 99 Dios.

Shouldn't the enhance also have sdr or inherited skill as shield?

J0dy77

I was giong to edit my comment one more time to mention something like this. Ronove is an extremely hard lead to master. I'm still learning this heart meta and it is by far the hardest to maximize damage. Placement of the heart and setting up skyfall matches are really important without cutting off a section of the board.

Sumire is very friendly for both scenarios, you can learn the heart meta and she's also insanely easy as a farm when paired with You Yu. I use her and a very sub optimal team for everything that isn't top tier these days, replaced Urd as my primary farmer but still very capable of high end content that Urd could not.

Player 1: ALB, Dios, Dios(enough SDR to tank 2 turn SDR), Dios (Or god killer with high ATK), Wood Enhance (Freyja, Beorc, Parvati) with 2 turns of SDR

My Dios are lvl 84, 80, and 67, but all are +297. I can throw a skill on beorc, but she's lvl 42. Not sure if that'll be enough damage, but let me know. Noon works for me.

Bladelaw

Is discord app acting up for anyone else? I was trying to set up a c10 attempt.

Yeah me and cop had some issues at first. I rebooted discord on my phone and things worked better then.

I'm looking into the other challenges to see if there's any loopholes to get around them. C9 is giving me some trouble. I need to play around in endless to figure out the best ways to break resolve. Combine that with an All Attribute clause and it's tougher.

So I'm thinking between the two teams sorting the following subs:
2 ALB
4 Dios
2 DB Okuni (delay and covers Dark and Water)
Raphael (Covers Fire and critical shield for Doji)
Sanosuke (Covers Fire and has Machine and Physical killer)

Team A:
ALB
Dios
Dios (4 Turns SDR)
D/B Okuni
Raphael (Max skilled, 4 Turns SDR)

Team B:
ALB
Dios
Dios
D/B Okuni
Green/Red sub with Devil or Machine killer preferred (Misao/Sanosuke is perfect here, G/R parvati is an option too but why?).

Floor 1:
A: Okuni-->ALB "kill"
B: Poke

Floor 2:
A: Dios

Floor 3:
A: Eat the delay
B: Okuni-->Dios "Kill"
A: Poke

Floor 4:
B: Dios,

Floor 5:
A: Raph-->Dios-->"Kill"
Doji rage hit
B: Poke kill

I have access to both teams, I'd just need to inherit something on Raph, or level up Sanosuke.

hermit7

Beat challenge 10 with XM pretty easily.

Got a poor board the first time on lkali (only one row) and didn't hit her past 35%.

Second time got another poor board but was able to get her past 65% and stall for skills and killed her.

I like the shorter challenge dungeons more than the long ones.

Bladelaw

I find that my lack of puzzling skill has drastically improved my planning. As long as hard counters to dungeon mechanics exist I plan on taking advantage of them. It seems like the primary benefit to a deep box.

Used a stamina bar farming Kings and got Sanosuke max leveled. Someone let me know if they want to try buttoning through C9.

I can bring either team, I'm not 100% sure it'll work but the numbers check out on paper.

Kinda starting to wonder if NA will ever get the +egg PEM, the false promise from a few events ago makes me sad

Looking at my mailbox my earliest PAL gift was from like 8 months ago

Bladelaw

Kinda starting to wonder if NA will ever get the +egg PEM, the false promise from a few events ago makes me sad

Looking at my mailbox my earliest PAL gift was from like 8 months ago

After we got the star vault upgrade I stopped hoarding for that event. If we get it, I'll have 50 pulls worth. I've had a decent return fishing for jewels and Venus skill ups when I'm not bombing the enhance carnival super hard,

two questions:

How often are snow globe events/dungeons/gifts? I have two but I think both were gift exchanges, but from looking on PADx and trying to Google it seems like there are gift/christmas/special dungeons that drop them?

I'd love to use mine on heroes I know will get some love on future teams but I'm worried there will be a limited supply. I already got frustrated finding out the super extreme metal dragon thing was an evo mat for Perseus (iirc) after blowing all on team monsters :(

also: What's the easiest way to get +eggs, especially if I can't reliably farm descends and the starry view thing is so rare? Is it just a matter of first getting a descend-ready team? And how on earth is one supposed to get 297 of them with ~20 mana per +egg descend run? That seems crazy. I've tried running the +Egg x20 events on Normal/Tech dungeons but usually one (or zero) drops per 15-20 stamina run, which is frustrating.

Bladelaw

Beat c8 with ALB, just need to delay (used Orochi) floor 2 to wait out 3 turn 7 combo shield. Easy.

XM with Echidna works too, just eat the first hit (because you have the health pool, might as well use it) then echidna and profit. This strat also works with Awoken Cao Cao.

I think C9 is the hardest challenge of the set mostly because resolves suck. My favorite enemy defense is the combo shield. It forces the player to actually make matches and generally not mindlessly. Even in ALB's case you need to burn two actives to clear a high combo shield. Resolves generally punish skill and bad luck skyfalls can screw you over. Max damage shields are in the same boat and probably the worst offender.

So...anyone want to take me up on that C9 clear? I'm curious to see if my theory crafting has any merit.

Basically any dungeon that has Awoken Kagu in it I want to get over as simply as possible. Fuck that giant skill delay.

Bladelaw

two questions:

How often are snow globe events/dungeons/gifts? I have two but I think both were gift exchanges, but from looking on PADx and trying to Google it seems like there are gift/christmas/special dungeons that drop them?

I'd love to use mine on heroes I know will get some love on future teams but I'm worried there will be a limited supply. I already got frustrated finding out the super extreme metal dragon thing was an evo mat for Perseus (iirc) after blowing all on team monsters :(

also: What's the easiest way to get +eggs, especially if I can't reliably farm descends and the starry view thing is so rare? Is it just a matter of first getting a descend-ready team? And how on earth is one supposed to get 297 of them with ~20 mana per +egg descend run? That seems crazy. I've tried running the +Egg x20 events on Normal/Tech dungeons but usually one (or zero) drops per 15-20 stamina run, which is frustrating.

Snow globes are infrequent but show up at least once a month it seems.

+eggs are a pain in the ass to farm up outside of Star Vault. There's a couple descends with a really good stamina/+egg ratio Tengu being the best choice. You can run that in coop on Master for 20 stamina and get an average return on 4 +eggs per run. That said I would HIGHLY recommend building a "B" team of farmable monsters to pair with someone to run Star Vault if you're interested in + eggs.

The B team needs two things: A fully evolved Goemon lead, and as many skill boosts as you can muster. 5-Ore Magic Stone Dragon, Mithril Edge is farmable and comes with 3 skill boost awakenings. Goemon has 1, and 4 of these guys means you'll provide 13 skill boosts. 13 Skill boosts is enough for most "A" teams to get their skills up turn 1.

The other farmable skill boost option is Tengu. 4 fully evolved tengu's provide 4 SB each meaning you give your partner 17 skill boosts which is enough for every competent "A" team to be up turn 1.

Once you have that you could partner with someone in a different timeslot than you for two straight hours of + farming. This nets 2 +297's and one partial if you run it for the whole time block. Since this happened I've been skipping +farming just waiting for this dungeon to roll around again.

Thank you very very much!

I have a Goemon and a Tengu (I think there are multiple kinds, I got one from a recent descend I think). I can work on those despite my fire stuff being probably the least developed of all.

A single +egg being equivalent (or even superior) to a monster level in terms of stats gained is nutso.

Jagernaut

two questions:

Snow globes are usually given out as rewards for challenge dungeons. The 5th level of the current challenge dungeon has a dark snow globe as a reward. I could help you through it later.

If you don't have it, download the Padguide app. It has alarms for timed dungeons and a lot of info.

Thank you very very much!

I have a Goemon and a Tengu (I think there are multiple kinds, I got one from a recent descend I think). I can work on those despite my fire stuff being probably the least developed of all.

A single +egg being equivalent (or even superior) to a monster level in terms of stats gained is nutso.
I wouldn't worry too much about +297ing your monsters just yet, those were only made trivially easy to farm over the past year so only the newest content really necessitates that. Occasionally a free +297 is given out as stream reward gifts or as challenge dungeon rewards as well.

Thanks guys, I blew through the 3 tricolor challenges this morning without any issue (yay monocolor) and I'm going to blow mana on two Super King runs in a few minutes for the E team.

And yeah PadGuide is incredible, I check it throughout the day for guerilla timings and if I'm away from my computer for monster/dungeon info. It even gives leader multiplier data, something PADx doesn't have afaik. The only thing I would love would be a board sim to practice combos or whatever, but the app is quite amazing for being free. I might throw some money their way. The updated PadListener someone linked a few pages ago is also really really really useful for updating my PadHerder whenever I want. It takes 2 minutes and I'm set.

I'll be out of the house on Friday during the stream but have some down time, so hopefully the reward info gets posted somewhere (here or reddit).

I regret +297ing my Plesios.

ffffff

I saved both my +297s but might spend one on Sumire or Ronove as I expect I'll be leading with them eventually, or maybe shiva

Jagernaut

XM with Echidna works too, just eat the first hit (because you have the health pool, might as well use it) then echidna and profit. This strat also works with Awoken Cao Cao.

I think C9 is the hardest challenge of the set mostly because resolves suck. My favorite enemy defense is the combo shield. It forces the player to actually make matches and generally not mindlessly. Even in ALB's case you need to burn two actives to clear a high combo shield. Resolves generally punish skill and bad luck skyfalls can screw you over. Max damage shields are in the same boat and probably the worst offender.

So...anyone want to take me up on that C9 clear? I'm curious to see if my theory crafting has any merit.

Basically any dungeon that has Awoken Kagu in it I want to get over as simply as possible. Fuck that giant skill delay.

I don't have Okuninushi so I can't make those c9 teams.

Okamid3n

I beat C9 solo with Pandora, there weren't any real threats in that dungeon except stalling to get my delay back for kagu.

Beat everything else in co-op using Discord. C10 co-op with Liu bei made it feel as easy as C1. I'm glad I finally finished skilling my Liu Bei team and started using discord.

I wonder how long it'll take until the novelty of cheesing through 99% of content rears its head.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You can feed the Plesios to a better card and the plusses will transfer over. You just lose the Plesios.

The good news is they're farmable so you can feed that to something more valuable and take the Tama and exp cost as a learning experience.

Maybe I will do this eventually. It would hurt to lose my first baby after he's done so much for me coming up as a noob. I even skilled him up a couple times, what a hassle THAT was.

Took a look at my JP monster book and I'm at 1724 monsters collected, including all the collab monsters NA never got. The new quest badge requires 1500 to obtain. I wonder how difficult it will be to obtain the badge here when it drops...

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
CfEIHd8.png

:)

batting a .278 rank to login

Top Bottom