• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

I don't have Okuninushi so I can't make those c9 teams.

The requirements are get your colors, and have a delay, the killers are hopefully optional but I'm not 100% sure on that. Ideally you want the off color sub to be the Delay.

So the "template" for the B team:
ALB
Dios
Dios
<Delay>
<Color Coverage>

Other Off color delays:
(Blue/Dark) Wadatsumi
(put on a non green card with low cooldown) Inherit Wood Bahn (seriously it's actually pretty good for this team)
Awoken Sun Quan

If you use Awoken Sun Quan you can use Freyja to fill out colors and give you the burst. Xmas Siren fits the same purpose.

Jagernaut

The requirements are get your colors, and have a delay, the killers are hopefully optional but I'm not 100% sure on that. Ideally you want the off color sub to be the Delay.

So the "template" for the B team:
ALB
Dios
Dios
<Delay>
<Color Coverage>

Other Off color delays:
(Blue/Dark) Wadatsumi
(put on a non green card with low cooldown) Inherit Wood Bahn (seriously it's actually pretty good for this team)
Awoken Sun Quan

If you use Awoken Sun Quan you can use Freyja to fill out colors and give you the burst. Xmas Siren fits the same purpose.

My delay cards

B/G Orochi
B/G Sun Quan - can't change to awoken right now
D/D Batman Remote Claw
D/R Arkham Knight
G/L Wonder Woman
L/L Wee Jas
R/G Echidna
R/R Echidna
Zhang Fei- not evolved, will be G/R
Wadatsumi - not evolved

Best color coverage would be D/R Arkham Knight and then something to cover blue. I could inherit a burst active onto a blue card.

Bladelaw

My delay cards

B/G Orochi
B/G Sun Quan - can't change to awoken right now
D/D Batman Remote Claw
D/R Arkham Knight
G/L Wonder Woman
L/L Wee Jas
R/G Echidna
R/R Echidna
Zhang Fei- not evolved, will be G/R
Wadatsumi - not evolved

Best color coverage would be D/R Arkham Knight and then something to cover blue. I could inherit a burst active onto a blue card.

That'll work. Green/Blue would be preferable but I don't think it's required. Basically you need enough burst to kill Hysferzen in 1 hit so 12.2 million damage which should be doable with just 2 Dios + ALB.

Jagernaut

If anyone needs help with Extreme King Metal Dragon dungeon, I'll be running it at 4 pm est and you can join in coop. You only need 1 skill boost, team doesn't matter since I'm running a button team.

I might actually take you up on that (I have 3 skill boosts)... I was just going to use a God of Lance Something Odin friend that has a poison active, because someone said that would work too.

I foolishly blew the 5-6 I had on leveling Odin and then rolled Perseus and surprise! He's material for the final form.

Also beat Hera-Ur and Challenge 5 this morning, I know Hera-Ur is one of the beginner-tier descends and it was a cakewalk but it still felt a little good :/

Jagernaut

I might actually take you up on that (I have 3 skill boosts)... I was just going to use a God of Lance Something Odin friend that has a poison active, because someone said that would work too.

I foolishly blew the 5-6 I had on leveling Odin and then rolled Perseus and surprise! He's material for the final form.

Also beat Hera-Ur and Challenge 5 this morning, I know Hera-Ur is one of the beginner-tier descends and it was a cakewalk but it still felt a little good :/

Ok, I'll post the room when the dungeon opens. It's 50 stamina per run in coop.

Bladelaw

So I rolled Sitri in the last godfest. I'm trying to build a team she can work in. The obvious choices are You Yu, Sarasvati, Sumire, and Rukia since she floods (HA!) the board with water. I have Kenshin as my cross based glass cannon so I don't really want to use her as a lead.

Pad Herder link

Sumire seems like the right place for her since she generates a ton of water orbs without breaking hearts and combos with Skuld for burst board. The problem is I already have the Sumire System up and running (and I should really take more advantage of it). Anyone see something in there I'm missing?

Bladelaw

I want a button team...Wow. Thanks mate.

There's a few farmable solutions to that problem.
Devil Fish are available from a couple descends and combined with Goemon can button through a few 6 floor guerilla dungeons. Specifically the various <gem> dragon infestations.

Basically:
Goemon
Devil Fish
Devil Fish
Devil Fish
Devil Fish
Goemon

Replace Devil Fish with Vritra if you have it since you get actual awakenings to go with it. Pop Goemon first then Devil fish till the last floor then swipe the full red board. As long as there's no preemptive attack you win.

NOTE: this only works in multiplayer since the friend team needs to bring a boatload of skill boosts.

Okamid3n

Linthia M+ Liu Bei farming team is both a blessing and a curse.

I get ranks up much faster than I can use my stamina, so I have to force myself to stop running it once I start hating everything.

It's probably just because I have a headache.

Bladelaw

Linthia M+ Liu Bei farming team is both a blessing and a curse.

I get ranks up much faster than I can use my stamina, so I have to force myself to stop running it once I start hating everything.

It's probably just because I have a headache.
I need to hop on that train again, I need Dubs and those masks and wouldn't mind a fully skilled Linthia either.

Jagernaut

Yeah me and cop had some issues at first. I rebooted discord on my phone and things worked better then.

I'm looking into the other challenges to see if there's any loopholes to get around them. C9 is giving me some trouble. I need to play around in endless to figure out the best ways to break resolve. Combine that with an All Attribute clause and it's tougher.

So I'm thinking between the two teams sorting the following subs:
2 ALB
4 Dios
2 DB Okuni (delay and covers Dark and Water)
Raphael (Covers Fire and critical shield for Doji)
Sanosuke (Covers Fire and has Machine and Physical killer)

Team A:
ALB
Dios
Dios (4 Turns SDR)
D/B Okuni
Raphael (Max skilled, 4 Turns SDR)

Team B:
ALB
Dios
Dios
D/B Okuni
Green/Red sub with Devil or Machine killer preferred (Misao/Sanosuke is perfect here, G/R parvati is an option too but why?).

Floor 1:
A: Okuni-->ALB "kill"
B: Poke

Floor 2:
A: Dios

Floor 3:
A: Eat the delay
B: Okuni-->Dios "Kill"
A: Poke

Floor 4:
B: Dios,

Floor 5:
A: Raph-->Dios-->"Kill"
Doji rage hit
B: Poke kill

I have access to both teams, I'd just need to inherit something on Raph, or level up Sanosuke.

I can run c9 tonight.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Dumb question: I've got a special dungeon up Gift from the Holy Beasts where I guess the reward is a random colored jewel monster. I tried it once and failed (barely, stupid orb trolling) and it was a purple jewel which is the only jewel color I don't want/need (have 3 of them already). If I try it again is it guaranteed to be a purple one again, or could it be a different random color? Don't want to waste the stamina to find out.

Bladelaw

Dumb question: I've got a special dungeon up Gift from the Holy Beasts where I guess the reward is a random colored jewel monster. I tried it once and failed (barely, stupid orb trolling) and it was a purple jewel which is the only jewel color I don't want/need (have 3 of them already). If I try it again is it guaranteed to be a purple one again, or could it be a different random color? Don't want to waste the stamina to find out.

It'll be random (which means it could still be dark).

It is randomly any of the five jewels. RNG might be a bit unkind to you so it might take a while.

yami4ct

On my US account where Myr is a secondary team for me, she skilled up relatively painlessly. On my JP account where I need her done to become my new main, she could not be going more slowly. I just went 0/5 on a feed during x3 Skill Ups. I frequently went just 1 or 2 for 5 on 3x and 4x. Ugh. I only need 4 more, but man they can't come soon enough. If ever I were to believe the desire sensor was a real thing.

Really hope I get it done early enough to have time to clear out most of the Descended Challenge.

Anyone have an opinion on Baal vs Ariel as a skill inheritance base as the last sub on my Myr team? The rest of the team is Apocalypse, Sun Wukong, and Awoken DQXQ.

b33r

If any of you remember, on my JP account I sold pretty much everything except my water box to buy summyr. The latest descend challenge I destroyed, except for the no awakenings one. Being that I use mainly You Yu, Sumire, or Summyr for everything and they are no go for no awakening dungeons.

I kept my original Sylvie team that got me to where I changed to blue. Came close a few times but it's very rng dependant. I just realized I have Rukia, who I have been neglecting. Took her in and destroyed it, she is still a very strong lead.

I now feel I can beat anything on my fun account, and am a bit disappointed that my main NA account is still lacking a bit. If Ana comes over I think I'll be good, as I'm making a great team for annaphon.

Anybody want my tertiary JP/HK/TW account? It was the one where I attempted a no REM challenge, but I don't have the time or interest to maintain it anymore.

While there are literally no REM cards in the box I do have 289 stones and over 400k MP banked. The account is currently rank 245 and has the ability to clear the earlier descendeds in the game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody wanna carry me thru a round of super metal dagronz? My team is still ASS

edit: thanks Eeeeeeeeeeee! I guess my team did alright!

Bladelaw

So after a couple failed runs of C9 I burned a stone for stamina and tried running with my alt. I was planning on burning stones for the py on that account but somehow we succeeded with a pretty janky setup.

Team A:
Ra Dragon (Muse, didn't come into play beyond SDR)
Okuninushi
DKali (Ichigo, again more for SDR)
Awoken Indra
Awoken Isis

Team B (my alt)
Sherias Roots
Okuninushi
D/L Yomi
Aamir
Barbarossa

Basically my alt full comboed to get Kaguya to half life and my main finished, On santa I burned Barbarossa, cleared the board and got santa low then finished with my main. On Kagu I used Okuni and full comboed, then plinked with my main. I managed to survive 2 Hysferzen attacks and finally killed it. On Doji, I had to heal until I had a good opportunity to delay him. Main used Okuni and passed to alt who used Roots + Yomi to get him to 1 hp, main poked him to death.

It wasn't pretty but it was no stoned. I still plan on clearing it with ALB, you just need to get lucky on the last floor unfortunately. Unless someone has a better setup than mine?

Okamid3n

I know people are sick of recolors, but damn, I'd buy the crap out of an halloween Myr. The two Myr colors we got, I didn't have any of the best heart makers. But a dark or red Myr?? I'd have some amazing teams.

...that was a random thought.

Bladelaw

I know people are sick of recolors, but damn, I'd buy the crap out of an halloween Myr. The two Myr colors we got, I didn't have any of the best heart makers. But a dark or red Myr?? I'd have some amazing teams.

I'd love a red Myr, but no way I'm spending for it when I have almost every other cross lead and a max skilled Light.

W-00

I'd be interested in a dark Myr because I have some good dark heart makers, but there's no way I'd have enough MP to buy her if she came for Halloween. Besides, my blue box is still the better option, so I'm saving for when Summyr comes back.

b33r

I will definitely save up for dark Myr if Ana doesn't come over.

Okamid3n

I have a max skilled Light Myr too, from day one, in fact. But my subs are lackluster.

And yet it's still my strongest solo team! Even with lacking subs. I really need a red or dark heart cross lead.

Bladelaw

Isn't Grimory basically a Dark Myr?

Basically sure, but she has more restrictions than Myr.

Myr's shield is stronger
Gremory requires a skill to be used to reach max damage
Gremory needs balanced/devil types to take advantage of the "on skill use" buff

But the idea of "Match a heart cross and some orbs to do stupid damage" definitely fits. It's why I doubt we'll see a dark Myr.

J0dy77

I frequently went just 1 or 2 for 5 on 3x and 4x. Ugh.

Wait. You're saying this as if it's common to get more. If I ever get 3 skillups on a 5 feed I do a cartwheel. I consistently get one skillup regardless of 3x or 4x when feeding. Am I really that unlucky?

Myr was freaking painful for me... multiple 0-5 feeds and did the entire thing solo farming with XM grind team. Never want to do that dungeon again.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This seems like a silly question, but is Pandora worth using my +297 tama on? Like, is she legit good at higher tier stuff or general rank farming?

b33r

So Reddit said that ace bastet was in the system. Devolved my bastet and made the g/d version and yes the ace evolution is in there now. Excited, but mainly cause that means we getting Ana too eventually!

And Nico, I don't have Pandora but she is a very strong lead that can handle most content.

Bladelaw

This seems like a silly question, but is Pandora worth using my +297 tama on? Like, is she legit good at higher tier stuff or general rank farming?

Standard Caveat about depends on your box.

She's a great card and as a lead Awoken Pandora is one of the strongest row leads not in the cross meta. If you have the team to back her up, go for it. Her major weaknesses as a lead are bindability and low team RCV (because devils). 99 RCV helps shore up the RCV weakness.

If you don't have the team to back her up I'd wait. You never know what you'll pull in the next godfest.

EDIT: ACE HYYYYYYYPEEEEE. Like b33r I don't care about Ace, but Ace means Ana, Ana means Anaphon!!!!

Also Awoken Izanagi is a thing now. Both his descend mats are up today (Takemizuchi, Light Izanami)

LiQuid!

Well I was going to try and get some green masks and make my Bastet awoken today, but I guess I will hold off since she's already G/D and see if I can get a carry thru Ace when it shows up.

quin

It has been a while but I have gotten back into doing the dungeons again. For the past few months i've done nothing but collect monsters and items. I am completely out of the loop on teams.

http://m.padherder.com/user/quin/monsters/

Here is my PadHerder. What are some of the best teams at the moment I should put together?

Bladelaw

Well I was going to try and get some green masks and make my Bastet awoken today, but I guess I will hold off since she's already G/D and see if I can get a carry thru Ace when it shows up.
I'm going to take a look through the dungeon on padx and see what kind of jank can be used to clear it. It might be worth a stone given the massive power jump Bacetet can provide.

It has been a while but I have gotten back into doing the dungeons again. For the past few months i've done nothing but collect monsters and items. I am completely out of the loop on teams.

http://m.padherder.com/user/quin/monsters/

Here is my PadHerder. What are some of the best teams at the moment I should put together?

Holy shit dude. You have tons of options. Depending on how much effort you want to put in there's a multiplayer setup with Awoken Liu Bei and a bunch of Uevo Zeus Dios to basically button through almost anything. Similar deal with Cao Cao but less awesome as his Dios surrogates lack multiboost and stats though Cao Cao makes a better "normal" team leader IMO.

Actual teams:
Xiang Mei, Uriel, Kiriko Another, Gadius, Mamiya

Dantalion, Sanada, Urd, Gadius, Mamiya

You Yu, Sitri, Nut, Scheat, Andromeda

Sarasvati, Sitri, Andromeda, Skuld, Mori

Ronove, Kaede, Rozuel, Vishnu, <Ragnarok Dragon>
--Look into buying Rag Drag as he's amazing on this team. Inherit a bind clear on Rozuel, and use DKali until you get Rags. You can also try Bacetet here.

Myr, Apocalypse, Awoken Venus (Saria inherit), Wukong, Awoken DQXQ

Lots of Dark options
Anaphon, Typhon, Yomidragon, Satsuki, Gremory
--You could also switch Akechi's evo to his balanced form which is better for this team.

Gremory, Anaphon, Akechi, Pandora, Hanzo

Any of these teams should wreck most everything.

EDIT: LiQuid! do you have a padherder link? The first few floors of Ace aren't too bad but the last couple floors could be problematic to carry depending on what you can bring. It looks like ALB/Dios can waltz through this dungeon though.

combo shields have to be one of the most excruciatingly annoying things a designer could do

what kind of immense hatred of humanity would compel someone to think up such madness???

especially when you can easily clear the monster without the shield!

End this pain. Next Godfest please.

Bladelaw

combo shields have to be one of the most excruciatingly annoying things a designer could do

what kind of immense hatred of humanity would compel someone to think up such madness???

especially when you can easily clear the monster without the shield!

End this pain. Next Godfest please.
Combo shields aren't the worst, that title goes to damage cap shields (See sopdet, Parvati, and Sadalemek) with Resolve being a close second.

Combo shields at least require the player to get better at the puzzling aspect. Damage shields and resolves punish skyfall which is completely random. Resolves have their own issue vs. leaders with inflexible multipliers. The worst are resolves which auto heal the monster.

One of the reasons Ilsix is such a pain in the ass is due to his narrow damage window.

Ducarmel

Love combo shield they should implement it in half of all new descends imo. And buff combo leads and color match leads for a comeback.

W-00

void damage unless all colors used in attack.

That would be scary.

Hopefully that would only ever show up in an all-attributes required dungeon.

But more hopefully that just plain never happens. All of my teams would be useless in such a scenario.

J0dy77

She's still popular as a multiplayer lead but the Meta has passed her by. I'd put the 297 on Roenove.

I was debating if I should plus Lucifer or Pandora a couple months back and decided to hold off and I'm glad I did. I ended up putting everything into my Myr team and now Sumire which are better choices in the current Meta. JP just put Myr back in SS tier, make farming her mats a priority. Pandora without plusses can farm everything you need.

Pandora teams without + can still clear a lot of content and the majority of descended content. For Mythical plus and the top level of Challenge dungeons your better off with the other teams.

Top Bottom