• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Should I use my Red Dragon Fruits to skill up Red Sonia before the skill up event ends? I know the skill ups would carry over to her final form, but I have no near-term plans to develop any fire cards...
I'd hold onto them since you only have three. Since you probably can't reliably clear Cave of Dreaming yet they're more valuable as evo material than skillup fodder at the moment.

If you really want to, you could ultimate evolve Sonia to her final form using the fruits, and since ults count as powerup fusions you could evolve her AND get a chance at skillups simultaneously.

J0dy77

Gung-ho trying to telling me I can't run Myr or XM on challenge 9 with "all attributes required". They're not the boss of me. :)

0prJNfg.jpg

Okamid3n

Is there any use for Awoken Izanagi?

Myr is a better lead and if I want a burst inherit, non-Awoken Izanagi does the job (though I have better options anyway), so I don't know what I'd do with him...

Bladelaw

Is there any use for Awoken Izanagi?

Myr is a better lead and if I want a burst inherit, non-Awoken Izanagi does the job (though I have better options anyway), so I don't know what I'd do with him...

You pretty much hit it. It's a matter of effort vs luck on which is more valuable to you. Awoken Izanagi is still really good, but Myr is that much better. I'm still making him just for kicks since I'm not using him either way, as a lead I can at least have some fun with big numbers since I don't run any enhance on my Myr team normally.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have another stupid question, sorry.

I was just using Ronove with a friend Ronove lead on super ruby dragons and I was getting x16 and x100 damage without even using a heart cross, from doing very little combos and I have no clue how, can someone explain to me? It seemed like the x16 was activating after like 2-3 combos max and then after that it would hit x100 and do infinite damage... How is this game calculating my multiplier???

Bladelaw

I have another stupid question, sorry.

I was just using Ronove with a friend Ronove lead on super ruby dragons and I was getting x16 and x100 damage without even using a heart cross, from doing very little combos and I have no clue how, can someone explain to me? It seemed like the x16 was activating after like 2-3 combos max and then after that it would hit x100 and do infinite damage... How is this game calculating my multiplier???

The cross damage bonus carries over if you kill the current floor and the following floor has no preemptive action.

For normal and some guerillas you can make a cross on floor 1 and just match 3 colors from then on out for max damage.

uh, I thought it was just the defense that carries over, not the combo as well

brb maxing my ronove, I don't even have any good subs for him but can probably do more damage

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The cross damage bonus carries over if you kill the current floor and the following floor has no preemptive action.

For normal and some guerillas you can make a cross on floor 1 and just match 3 colors from then on out for max damage.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiit, what? That's busted! Do you have to keep one-shotting subsequent floors to maintain the bonus, or only get a single match?

Ducarmel

edit: Ok i did not know that about Ronove heart cross atk multiplier could be carried to the next floor

Is the same true for Gremory, Myr?

I don't have Myr, but I do have Gremory but I don't seriously play with her that often to notice it.

edit: tried myself, well I guess I have no use for Pandora/XM anymore.

Bladelaw

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiit, what? That's busted! Do you have to keep one-shotting subsequent floors to maintain the bonus, or only get a single match?

This is why Cross meta is a thing. You need to keep sweeping to keep the pain train rolling. As long as there are NO preemptive actions (even text bubbles like in Anime collabs) you keep the shield AND the damage.

LiQuid!

This is why Cross meta is a thing. You need to keep sweeping to keep the pain train rolling. As long as there are NO preemptive actions (even text bubbles like in Anime collabs) you keep the shield AND the damage.

Ok, yeah I just tested this out and found that's the case. Man that's still crazy though... Why have I been wasting so much time on Bastet. After the initial cross is made I'm basically playing the same way as I play her, just try to get my 5+ combo, only with Ronove it does infinite damage and with Bastet it does jack effing shit. Insanity.

Bladelaw

Ok, yeah I just tested this out and found that's the case. Man that's still crazy though... Why have I been wasting so much time on Bastet. After the initial cross is made I'm basically playing the same way as I play her, just try to get my 5+ combo, only with Ronove it does infinite damage and with Bastet it does jack effing shit. Insanity.

Nice. You should be able to clear the normals fairly trivially now. Bastet is good because you do need to learn how to combo and she provides a lot of tools to do that, Bacetet is better because if you combo hard enough you get the same multiplier as Ronove (though no shield).

I was looking through Ace's dungeon and I think it's possible to carry but it'll take some Dios cheese from the B team.

Since there's no resolves and no preemptive skill binds the dungeon is ripe for Dios.

I'm thinking Team A needs answers for the combo shield and a way to drop below 100% HP.

Team A:
ALB
Dios
Dios
Tengu (Double Row active inherit)
Sanosuke (not needed if team B has Perseus or ALB, bring an enhance for lols?)

Team B:
Perseus/ALB/Uevo Dios
Dios
Dios
Green Skill boosts + orb change (Zeal, Cu Chu, etc)
Green Skill boosts + Orb Change

Instructions will assume Dios leads the B team since it's for carrying purposes
Floor 1
A: Sanosuke-->Row (Use Team B Lead too if a row isn't available)

Floor 2
B: Orb change-->Row

Floor 3
A: ALB

Floor 4
B: *****

Floor 5:
A: Dios
(If passed in the previous floor) B: Dios

Floor 6:
B: Dios, pass
A: Kill

OR

Floor 6:
A: Dios

*****: Depending on the spawn you need to do something different
Red: Use Dios and pass so Team A kills (You need almost 12 million green damage here)
Blue: Use Dios and swipe, type advantage means you don't care about the shield
Green: Use Dios and pass, Team A uses Tengu inherit to make 6 combos

This is very subject to skyfall heart trolling if team B uses Dios. Given that, you can eat a hit from any of the first 3 floors if you thin the herd before taking the shot. I recommend against a self nuke just out of paranoia. Sanosuke is purely for activating Dios' leader skill. Realistically if you're looking for Ace, you already have a home for him and only need to clear once. I'm going for all three because I have a problem.

LiQuid!

Nice. You should be able to clear the normals fairly trivially now. Bastet is good because you do need to learn how to combo and she provides a lot of tools to do that, Bacetet is better because if

Sounds like Ace is going to be out of reach for me, even carried, for a while. No problem tbh, we went thru all that trouble getting the evo mats for Awoken so I will do that for now for the extra time extend and switch to Ronove for a bit.

Few things, mind taking another quick look at my box and letting me know what the most ideal Ronove subs are at the moment? I'm using some awful monsters at the moment (unawakened cerberus and kraken riders, mostly because of stats but the kraken rider skill is useful) and my old reliable Plessie because he has a zillion HP. Looking at Ronove guides and they are suggesting shit like Ragnarok Dragon and fifty Kaedes and I'm like, no thx...

Also to anybody willing, I am in desperate need of 2 green masks from the legend daily, which means I will only get blues, but I have to try. LF anybody to help me run it. I'd go do with rando's on discord, but I'm not confident I won't embarrass myself and waste a bunch of stamina.

edit: need to go do some stuff if anybody can help me with these send me a msg on discord LiQuid!#5193

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ronove success on Izanami Mythical. Not good enough to farm it yet, but at least I've got both colors for filler if necessary. Feels good to start making progress on descended dungeons again.

LiQuid!

Got a rando to sami-carry me thru the legend daily (I didn't do too bad!) but got a got damned blue mask just like I knew I would. I hate RNG so much it makes me froth.

Still need 2 green masks

Have 4 blue ones

:(

b33r

I inherited awoken Ra on my summyr so I could run mythical plus rogues and it has been working well. Gave arena 2 a try and it was going great until Sopdet... She is a serious problem for that team. One heart cross and one 3 match of water does too much damage. Heart cross and matching sub colors is ok, but one water skyfall and it's all for nothing. You can do rows no cross, but it's very rng dependant as the subs don't make a ton of orbs.

That floor is very frustrating for this team.

Got a rando to sami-carry me thru the legend daily (I didn't do too bad!) but got a got damned blue mask just like I knew I would. I hate RNG so much it makes me froth.

Still need 2 green masks

Have 4 blue ones

:(
I know the feeling :(

Today I solo'd it despite bad luck on the skill bind, and when blue fell and didn't drop I blew a stone for greenie (ronove is hungry). It was worth it tbh

LiQuid!

Man, a stone.. You coulda ran the thing 2-4 more times with a full bar of stamina tho!

Anyways, I'm just sitting with a room open while I watch wrestling tonight if anybody can spare the stam to come run it with me

edit: thx for the run Jag, pretty good for getting orb trolled thru the first few floors lol, oh and I got a blue mask again, of course. Still need 2 greens. Starting to lose hope. :(

Bladelaw

Ugh this game sucks
So this is one of the VERY few times it can be worth burning MP for evo mats. Basically if you think it will improve your team to where you can run more content it's worth considering spending MP for the masks. That said I'd wait till Friday. I'll try and carry you through Ace. Bacetet is much better than Awoken and it's at least worth a show trying to nab him.

LiQuid!

So this is one of the VERY few times it can be worth burning MP for evo mats. Basically if you think it will improve your team to where you can run more content it's worth considering spending MP for the masks. That said I'd wait till Friday. I'll try and carry you through Ace. Bacetet is much better than Awoken and it's at least worth a show trying to nab him.

I kinda got over it tbh. Even tho I made my account for this game like 6 months ago, I've only reeeally been playing for a couple of weeks now. For all intents and purposes I'm still a noob. I don't really need to rush to end game evo all my crap for what I'm doing right now.

Playing every day and grinding exp for my current team and saving stones for the next godfest is going to do much more good for me in the long term I think than getting carried thru content that's way out of my league just so I can have shiny new toys.

Speaking of content that's way out of my league, I'd been doing good soloing those challenge dungeons up until 5 where I got one shot by the chimeras on the first floor. Fastest waste of 50 stamina in my PAD career to date I think. I might enlist some help for that later because I'd really like the reward for it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's not that bad tbh. Dungeon gives a decent +egg rate and has skillups for a good handful of other monsters as well.

That dungeon has some good skill ups and has pretty good +eggs. Pretty good if you can reliably clear it, and shouldn't be too hard find co-op partners.

It's a relatively easy clear with my Ronove crew, but I'm still learning how to play him with a cool head. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with everything I need to do for high damage.

But co-op sounds interesting...The question is, do people get shitty if my team is hyper or penta maxed for running descended dungeons?

Bladelaw

It's a relatively easy clear with my Ronove crew, but I'm still learning how to play him with a cool head. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with everything I need to do for high damage.

But co-op sounds interesting...The question is, do people get shitty if my team is hyper or penta maxed for running descended dungeons?

Not usually. I know I wouldn't. The biggest hurdle in Jorm is Echidna's delay and if you prepped for that the dungeon goes down quick. In coop it's easier since you still have the other team's actives available. If you want to run it at some point I'm trying to max skill a Jorm for Fenrir too. The jammer meta called me (4 Fenrirs...) so I might as well see what it's about.

I'm thinking of running:
Fenrir
Fenrir
Jorm
Awoken Amaterasu
Dark Izanami/Awoken Indra/Some kind of shield.

With 3 Fenrir's you can easily get jammers on the board for mini bursts, or combo with Jorm for a giant fuck you. Time extends are my biggest concern so I might get some practice using Awoken Yomi over a shield till I get the hang of working with jammers.

J0dy77

For all of the early content that was around before preemptives and awakenings were a thing, Myr rolls over that stuff. The heart cross buff is amazing for farming KoG for new players. Make one cross and then wipe every floor with little effort.

Bladelaw

Box post.

Well green is definitely your strongest color. If you want to hop on the Dios party wagon you can lead with Australis and clear a fair amount of high end stuff with those shenanigans.

So depending on the content you want to run and who you want to lead with you can try a couple things. Every team needs to work toward 100% Skill Bind Resist (SBR). It's too prevalent a mechanic to really ignore without prior research.
With Ronove you also need bind clearing. If your leaders get bound you're in a heap of trouble. After that you need color coverage and a board change.

Aamir is the best farmable bind clear IMO but he's a pain in the ass to skill up (dungeon has a damage cap shield on the boss for 2 turns). Thumbelina is another great option as she makes hearts (though costs a color) but doesn't cover any colors. Red/Blue Ame no Uzume clear binds and provides great color coverage too but the other awakenings are junk.

You get 40% SBR from your leads (20% per SBR awakening) so you need to find 3 more. Thumbelina has 1 out of your bind clear options, Kraken Rider as you noted gives you all the hearts you need, covers two colors, and has a SBR

Looking through your box I'd probably run the following right now
Ronove
Kraken Rider
Ame no Uzume
Sherias <or another Board Change>
G/D Bastet

The board change slot is tricky. Ronove doesn't need one for hazard clears (remove poison, jammers) since he brings that. What he needs is a way to create a burst board. Both LKali and Sherias provide colors but no hearts. Combo with Kraken Rider and you have a potential burst board. This is a risky proposition since Kraken Rider can remove your wood orbs. Probably still worth considering, but ideally you'd want to work toward Ragnarok Dragon for this slot.

The above team gives you color coverage, 100% SBR, Active bind clearing, makes up for scattered damage with killer awakenings, and you have all the parts. The downside is against things you don't have "Killer" against you'll have to fully activate to see real damage. Once evo'ed and awoken the subs here provide 3 extra seconds of move time so it should be enough to manipulate a decent board.

dzydzydino has a tutorial for making heart crosses that's worth a look if you're still trying to get the hang of it.

The ideal Ronove team looks something like:
Ronove
Kaede
Kaede
Rozuel
Ragnarok Dragon

This team steamrolls arena from the streams I've watched. The idea is Kaede makes greens and hearts and combed with Ronove guarantees a minimum activation. Kaede also brings a huge ATK stat and 3 prongs for bonkers damage. Rozuel is here for color coverage, 3 red prongs (kills green absorb shieldras), and bind clearing. She can also make hearts in a pinch. Ragnarok Dragon is the best board change because his stats are through the roof, his awakenings are stellar, and he covers dark.

Kaede can be replaced by Vishnu, Rozuel can be replaced by R/B ame no uzume (suboptimal but gets the job done), Rag Dragon can be any board change. Linthia is actually a decent farmable option but the dungeon is probably too hard at this point since she's basically useless till her skill is high enough level.

digging through game8 to try and find team recommendations/examples is very educational with Google Translate

Regarding whether to use a +297 on Kaede:

Maple because monsters with combined durability, thermal, you can recommend to shake the 297. However, in order to Kaedepa to exhibit the true value is, let's remember that there is a need to gain more than the maple.

Verdandi team advice:

Sub in a party in which a plurality of body organizing the Hiryu Bei. High-fired by the two-body attack, it can be as long as a round of a simple dungeon crisp capture. The point about sealed resistant Hiryu increase the number of Bei will no longer Umara Be careful.

LiQuid!

Thanks again Blade. Got so many of your posts bookmarked

edit: even with my scrubby team I'm using now (I don't have full color coverage and only Bastet providing time extends) I've been catching up on technical dungeons with Ronove and by god this is the LIFE. That Dzy video was INVALUABLE for my heart cross training. I admit I still fudge it a lot and just kinda spam to get all the hearts together. I'll probably never be as good as that guy (I watched him stream some Ronove with a viewer yesterday and his ability to combo the entire board is insane, tho he did have like 7 seconds of extend time :O) but this is definitely way easier than trying to clear this content with Bastet so far.

Watching a video of cross meta from renove.

Does Gremory work the same way? I know her defense boost rolls over, but does her 36x prior to skil roll over too?

I ask because a 1 turn skill would make that sick...

Bladelaw

Watching a video of cross meta from renove.

Does Gremory work the same way? I know her defense boost rolls over, but does her 36x prior to skil roll over too?

I ask because a 1 turn skill would make that sick...
Skill use doesn't roll over on a sweep unfortunately. It would breathe new life into a lot of leads but also make ALB even more broken than he already is.

LiQuid!

Coop etiquette question: Because of the way guerrillas dungeons are made available where people are looking for hosts from different regions to let them access it, does that mean it's acceptable for the host for a tama or super dragon dungeon to request that the person that joins their co-op room have a button team to breeze them thru it even if they don't have buttons themselves? I'm always super reluctant to post super dragons on the Discord because I don't want to risk someone joining it who doesn't have a team built for it and it feels rude to expect someone to bring their farmed up button team to come carry me thu. But then they're getting access to it in the first place, right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Coop etiquette question: Because of the way guerrillas dungeons are made available where people are looking for hosts from different regions to let them access it, does that mean it's acceptable for the host for a tama or super dragon dungeon to request that the person that joins their co-op room have a button team to breeze them thru it even if they don't have buttons themselves? I'm always super reluctant to post super dragons on the Discord because I don't want to risk someone joining it who doesn't have a team built for it and it feels rude to expect someone to bring their farmed up button team to come carry me thu. But then they're getting access to it in the first place, right?

I always post the code, the dungeon, and request that the other person just brings some skill boosts. But in general, you're correct in that someone who joins gets to run at half stamina during a period they may have no access to the dungeon themselves.

E: I have a max skilled purple dude from the Kenshin collab to void def on my turn, so it's not a button farm run, but it's still quick.

Bladelaw

Awoken Liu Bei is such a champ. C9 went easy as long as Doji cooperates.

So I pulled Robin Hood on my alt (trying for Liu). Beyond pairing with himself does he work well with others? I could see him paired with Kaede, and Bacetet.

Bladelaw

Also Pad X confirmed for NA.

Based on the reddit thread I'm not sure I'm planning on rolling in the DC. My main would love any of the legendary heroes but that's really all I'm missing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Also Pad X confirmed for NA.

Based on the reddit thread I'm not sure I'm planning on rolling in the DC. My main would love any of the legendary heroes but that's really all I'm missing.

Saw this. What's so special about this collab?

Also, the DC looks very lackluster. What's in there that's worth fielding?

Saw this. What's so special about this collab?

Also, the DC looks very lackluster. What's in there that's worth fielding?

Ace is used in a Bastet uvo that propels her back to high/top tier

Ace also indirectly implies Ana (they are both protags in the PADX 3DS game), who is used in a Typhon uvo that is super great

Top Bottom