• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Saw this. What's so special about this collab?

Also, the DC looks very lackluster. What's in there that's worth fielding?

Gemstones and Legendary heroes are both incredible. The heroes make great subs and the gemstones provide a scaling damage multiplier for their active.

Saw this. What's so special about this collab?

Also, the DC looks very lackluster. What's in there that's worth fielding?

It's a pretty good lineup, though I'm not sure what the rates on this thing will be. It's more suited to end game players though. Nobunaga and Robin Hood are good leads. The gemstone series are very sought after inherits. Valks are solid subs. Apoc and Avalon Drake are desirable subs for top teams. I'd really like an Avalon drake.

jay23

Would love Nobunaga and carat but I'm gonna skip this one. Still don't have any of the Valks but they seem to have fallen off with the release of constellation gods and the addition of killer awakenings to the ninjas.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Reading this manifesto from Richard Garfield that someone posted on the PAD subreddit

https://www.facebook.com/notes/richard-garfield/a-game-players-manifesto/1049168888532667

Interesting read. I find it a little ironic since the man created the game (read: addiction) (Magic the Gathering) that I literally worked 2 jobs as a teen in order to be able to support, but the points he makes are still valid. Specifically the thing I hate the absolute most out of F2P mobile games is the stamina/energy systems. They are easily the most exploitative and cancerous aspects of these games and I wish there was a way they could be regulated out of the medium.

I'm 100% fine with a cost being associated with gatcha systems, or with any other kinds of gameplay enhancing boosts and such, as long as it's not a competitive multiplayer game (see: Clash Royale, which can fuck right off with its pay 2 win crap). I would gladly spend a whole lot of money on this game's gatcha machines IF I didn't didn't feel like they were being exploitative of their whale-iest players by charging them to play more.

Even if we had unfettered access to the game it would still be an endless grind. The benefits of paying money would be more than worth it for it for those of us that chose to do it, but charging a dollar for what could amount to as few as a few extra minutes with the game is some Pac Man Fever shit that needs to go.

yami4ct

The DC lineup looks good in theory, but the stuff you might super duper want being in the 'increased odds' instead of a specific amount directly implies trap. Apoc, Avalon and the Valks may be good and worth pulling for if your account really needs them, but it seems best to not get too deep.

W-00

DC looks like a definite skip for me. Only card I'd really want from it would be Apocalypse, but I'm not chasing a single monster.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I had to do at least one roll...So I did 3.

Guan Yu, Zhuge Liang (green), Shotel (dupe).

I'll call that relatively successful. Any reason to keep a second Shotel around?

@Jagernaut I can run it twice again if you want, let me know how many skill boosts to bring

also god bless the evo mat pal machine, saves me time and stamina and lets me get things my pathetic team can't reliably get

Bladelaw

What are Awoken Vritra's best uses (buttoning aside)? My alt is 2 dark jewels away from having it. I'm thinking of using him as a burst on a Sherias Roots and Awoken Lucifer team.

Jagernaut

@Jagernaut I can run it twice again if you want, let me know how many skill boosts to bring

also god bless the evo mat pal machine, saves me time and stamina and lets me get things my pathetic team can't reliably get

You only need to bring 1 skill boost. I'll run it 2 times with you.

Edit. I'll have enough stamina left for 4 runs with Kwhit10.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Woo - Arrival Carnival 1 done! Progress feels really good right now...Most of this is thanks to Ronove, though. Dude is beast mode. I need to max skill him because that would be wonderful. Too bad C10 is the Woodpy. I could probably do C6 at best. C7-10 are all out of reach I think.

Besides Goemon, I assume these other 4 monsters are only useful for ultimate evos?

E: Looking at Myr's dungeon, I think I need to wait it out a bit. It seems pretty tough, even on Legend Plus.

Anyone want to run Extreme King Co-Op right now? I never did the quest for co-op so I can get it out of the way now. Only need to run once

I don't have ALB/Dios or push button team ready to go so will need to play somewhat normally. I have A. Ra, A. Bastet, and AA Lucifer (can pair with A.Panda).

5575 5004

e: got it done

e2: jesus christ all these quests I've already done lol

b33r

Woo - Arrival Carnival 1 done! Progress feels really good right now...Most of this is thanks to Ronove, though. Dude is beast mode. I need to max skill him because that would be wonderful. Too bad C10 is the Woodpy. I could probably do C6 at best. C7-10 are all out of reach I think.

Besides Goemon, I assume these other 4 monsters are only useful for ultimate evos?

E: Looking at Myr's dungeon, I think I need to wait it out a bit. It seems pretty tough, even on Legend Plus.

Her dungeon is pretty tough. I don't have a great team for it either. I solo it with awoken Lucifer and only have about a 50% clear with that. Bladelaw can probably figure out a team for you to beat it with though. I one stoned it the first time just to get her and start the uvo process, that part takes awhile.

Even getting her first uvo makes things like king of the gods mindless to farm.

Bladelaw

Her dungeon is pretty tough. I don't have a great team for it either. I solo it with awoken Lucifer and only have about a 50% clear with that. Bladelaw can probably figure out a team for you to beat it with though. I one stoned it the first time just to get her and start the uvo process, that part takes awhile.

Even getting her first uvo makes things like king of the gods mindless to farm.
Nico, Update your box and post. I'll see if I have anything to compliment it for Myr. It's still worth burning a sone for her. She is that good.

Bladelaw

Updated with some levels, plusses, awakenings, etc.

I just don't think that my box can do it. There's a good amount of stuff I still need to evolve, awaken, and level up.
I think I can carry you with Sumire. Our damage will be a little low but we'll have decent survivability.

You bring Sumire, andromeda, alrescha, Kraken Rider, and sitri. I have a Sumire system that's pretty hard to kill and with the coop HP boost we can survive every kill shot. It might take some time but it's totally doable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I can carry you with Sumire. Our damage will be a little low but we'll have decent survivability.

You bring Sumire, andromeda, alrescha, Kraken Rider, and sitri. I have a Sumire system that's pretty hard to kill and with the coop HP boost we can survive every kill shot. It might take some time but it's totally doable.

I'd be down to run it later tonight if you are. I'll try and level up my team a little bit before then.

I'd be down to run it later tonight if you are. I'll try and level up my team a little bit before then.

Don't worry about levels, it's a rogue so you level as you go. Just make sure your cards are awoken. Skill level helps too but isn't that important in multi since you rarely will have enough turns to get a skill up twice.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Don't worry about levels, it's a rogue so you level as you go. Just make sure your cards are awoken. Skill level helps too but isn't that important in multi since you rarely will have enough turns to get a skill up twice.

I DO have a tama retreat gift dungeon that I can farm for an hour for tamas if it comes to that. I have the box space to hoard, too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fuuuuuck that dungeon.

Thanks bladelaw.

bw4zE4hl.jpg

b33r

Nice, you got her, congrats. Uvoing her is something else... Which is probably fair for how strong of a farmable she is.

Bladelaw

Fuuuuuck that dungeon.

Thanks bladelaw.

bw4zE4hl.jpg

So we managed to 0 stone it but man was it dicey multiple times. Isis's shield was MVP when we were heart starved. Paulina's water skyfall buff clinched the victory.

Nice, you got her, congrats. Uvoing her is something else... Which is probably fair for how strong of a farmable she is.

Stage 1 isn't too bad. Nordis is a pain in the ass to evo because the white dragon drops are few and far between but that's pretty much the worst of it for that phase.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Damn, nice Nic. What team did you use to clear it?

Okamid3n

Evoing her is a pain, but my lord is she worth it.

Been casually farming A1 lately with a meh Myr team. The time extend part of the leader skill is so good.

Sopdet sucks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Damn, nice Nic. What team did you use to clear it?

My janky ass team:

oJilqSQl.jpg

bladelaw's team

wwHu0Njl.jpg

I haven't taken a drop pic in a VERY long time.

But the run was fascinating. You absolutely can't be "carried" through these super hard dungeons. You have to do your part. More often than not, I just made it a point to match a heart cross and hope for any extra damage. It didn't help that the entire time I was nervous that the lack of awakenings and skill levels on my monsters was gimping us (which it totally was, but Isis da real MVP saved our ASS). I need to make a point of spamming colored dragon runs to start leveling teams and awakening stuff to be more useful.

LiQuid!

Yeah that team is mega jank. Gives me hope that I can get a lift thru Myr too!

In other news: used my first snow globe today. It was to jack Ame up to 99 (well 98, close enough) so it technically fulfilled its purpose (managed to hold off not using it on an off color monster to bolster my more-important green cards) but it still hurt to see 4 million EXP disappear like that...

Bladelaw

I just did the Legend level. Going to try Mythical later. But what's so great about the Ace versions of these monsters?

Ace Bastet can reach 144x (with 10 combos) and is no longer reliant on using an active skill for maximum multiplier.

Ace Horus is a fire based Light Kali and makes a great Sherias, Ra, and Sephiroth sub.

Ace Zeus Olympios...is a thing?

Jagernaut

I just did the Legend level. Going to try Mythical later. But what's so great about the Ace versions of these monsters?

Ace Bastet can hit 144x with 10 combos, 56.25x at 7 combos. Awoken Bastet does 36x max at 7 combos so Ace is much stronger. Still a glass cannon due to no hp or rcv multiplier.

Ace Horus is a good sub, L Kali active + fire enhance, but not a good leader.

Okamid3n

Ehhhh, nothing. Ace bastet's damage is already outclassed by other leads (except for the god killer) but he's a fun glass cannon anyway. Much stronger than awoken bastet. I'll use him from time to time. Horus is a good sub for a lead that doesn't exist (correct me if I'm missing something). It's just fun to breath new life in old cards.

Ana is going to be much more useful when her dungeon comes out.

LiQuid!

So the Ace dungeon isn't too hard then? What's the chance I could get a carry thru it to upgrade my Bastet?

Top Bottom