• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Well, I am now completely out of wood jewels. But on the plus side, I used my last three to finally wake my Liu Bei. Though he's still missing three awakenings, since I'm out of Tamadras, too. And I am also completely out of Woodpys, and need one more. If only the Woodpy for this challenge wasn't behind C10...

Are there any decent strategies for Sumire, Pandora (I know she'd have to stall on the first, and she isn't good at that), Perseus, or ALB to clear C10?
I posted an ALB setup a couple pages back. It worked really well for me and dr_lawyercop.
EDIT: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=217357299

W-00

I posted an ALB setup a couple pages back. It worked really well for me and dr_lawyercop.
EDIT: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=217357299

Thanks. Let's see, testing in Endless Corridors says my best Dios damage is.... waaaay too low to even think about being Team A. Well, that's fine, I don't have any skill delay resists on my Dios team, anyways.

I could be a pretty decent B team, as long as there isn't some factor about a double-row changer that I'm overlooking that would mean Avalon Drake couldn't do the job. I even have an A. Orochi that would be up soon enough to delay Shiva, so the A team wouldn't need as much SDR, since we could wait a few turns.

Thanks. Let's see, testing in Endless Corridors says my best Dios damage is.... waaaay too low to even think about being Team A. Well, that's fine, I don't have any skill delay resists on my Dios team, anyways.

I could be a pretty decent B team, as long as there isn't some factor about a double-row changer that I'm overlooking that would mean Avalon Drake couldn't do the job. I even have an A. Orochi that would be up soon enough to delay Shiva, so the A team wouldn't need as much SDR, since we could wait a few turns.

I still have team A if you want to give it a shot. I'm pretty sure you just need combos for team B, which is why Blade used a double row change. Avalon drake probably works.

W-00

I still have team A if you want to give it a shot. I'm pretty sure you just need combos for team B, which is why Blade used a double row change. Avalon drake probably works.

I would be very much up for that. Though, like I said on the previous page, my ALB is missing one of his row awakenings. If that would make a big difference, I wouldn't want to waste your stamina. As long as it's fine, I'm in.

Since you have the SDR, I guess there's no point in me bringing Orochi, right?

I would be very much up for that. Though, like I said on the previous page, my ALB is missing one of his row awakenings. If that would make a big difference, I wouldn't want to waste your stamina. As long as it's fine, I'm in.

Since you have the SDR, I guess there's no point in me bringing Orochi, right?

Hit me up on discord, Dr_LawyerCop#6284 and we can figure a time out. I should be around most of the evening. You won't need a delay, I think just fill your team with Dios and A Drake.

W-00

Hit me up on discord, Dr_LawyerCop#6284 and we can figure a time out. I should be around most of the evening. You won't need a delay, I think just fill your team with Dios and A Drake.

I don't seem to be able to. Contact you on Discord, that is. I just downloaded and signed up for it (Haken#8055) for this and only found one non-expired PAD server, but it isn't one you're on, and it seems that I can't contact someone who isn't on a server I'm on.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Waited all day for SKC to come back up and I missed it. :(

I don't seem to be able to. Contact you on Discord, that is. I just downloaded and signed up for it (Haken#8055) for this and only found one non-expired PAD server, but it isn't one you're on, and it seems that I can't contact someone who isn't on a server I'm on.

I think I just sent you a friend request. I'll send you links to the big PAD servers if you need them.

Ducarmel

I gave up on legendary earth challenge mode on my main a long time ago before the ever increasing power creep I had no patience setting up the Grodin resolve team, and then just forgot about it until now after clearing some challenge mode with my alt.

Decided to give it a shot with Gremory and 5 Pandora's, it was a breeze. I guess that means I probably could clear some of the tech ones I did not even bother to try.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
you can always do multiplayer with other groups, skc should be ongoing for most of the next 4 hours

I'm only ok with hosting since I can request buttons since I don't really offer anything to help clear other than an Anji. I had a noob join one of my rooms earlier and wasted my stamina when neither of us was able to getting thru super king armor. I don't want to be that noob to someone else.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm only ok with hosting since I can request buttons since I don't really offer anything to help clear other than an Anji. I had a noob join one of my rooms earlier and wasted my stamina when neither of us was able to getting thru super king armor. I don't want to be that noob to someone else.

As long as you have a def break and some skill boost awakenings, you're gold. Did you max skill your Anji? Even if not, with enough boosts, his def break trivializes all but the extreme mega bitch dragon lady.

LiQuid!

As long as you have a def break and some skill boost awakenings, you're gold. Did you max skill your Anji? Even if not, with enough boosts, his def break trivializes all but the extreme mega bitch dragon lady.

Yeah I maxed him but I don't have the team to get him anywhere near first or second turn usable by myself. The guy that joined my room didn't have a single evolved or awakened card and with my SB alone my Anji was like 8 turns away from active at the start.

Random question:

Does the Monday legendary dungeon have any preemptives or anything else that would mess with my Ronove sweep team? I've grown out of being able to spam expert solo and rank up infinitely

coy

When was ALB released? Anyways, since then I've been doing Scarlet M+ whenever it's up to create 4 Scarlets and, of course, MP farming. I finally max skilled my final Scarlet tonight! It took 26, 20, 25, and 40 to max skill each. I still need to uvo the last two but I have the +eggs ready to go. It should make for a fun Cao Cao team.

Speaking of fun, Bacetet is a blast! I had an Awoken Bastet but never pyed or +egged her. Really, I just used her for Z8 farming and that's about it. Now that she's getting use again, I'm remembering why she was my very first hyper monster ever. I fed that Bastet when I returned to the game but got a dupe at a later PCGF which I am thankful for.

LiQuid!

Tried Monday legend on my own for the first time. First attempt was totally fine until the boss. After I get there it all comes down to me being able to pull off a full Ronove combo and I'm just not good enough to do it consistently and that feels bad. I want to keep blaming lack of time extends, but I know a lot of it's on me. I can sit and visualize my moves on the board for as long as I want but as soon as I start moving balls around I'm liable to start derping at any moment. Uevo'ing my Bacetet and getting some tamadras for Sherias will give me an extra second which I'm sure is going to help a lot

I think combo leads might just be starting to burn me out on this game tbh. I think I'm going to try and let GZL lead and see what I can come up with for green prong subs.

Bladelaw

Tried Monday legend on my own for the first time. First attempt was totally fine until the boss. After I get there it all comes down to me being able to pull off a full Ronove combo and I'm just not good enough to do it consistently and that feels bad. I want to keep blaming lack of time extends, but I know a lot of it's on me. I can sit and visualize my moves on the board for as long as I want but as soon as I start moving balls around I'm liable to start derping at any moment. Uevo'ing my Bacetet and getting some tamadras for Sherias will give me an extra second which I'm sure is going to help a lot

I think combo leads might just be starting to burn me out on this game tbh. I think I'm going to try and let GZL lead and see what I can come up with for green prong subs.

If you're getting burned out by comboing a less intense leader skill can help. Try building an Australis team.

Australis, Ronove, Balboa, Canopus, Zeal (definitely worth farming). You won't have 100% SBR but for just clearing normal and early techs this should steamroll content. you can pair with ALB, Perseus, or Australis and see enough damage. All you need to do is match blobs of green (ideally in a row). I wouldn't bring this team into any dungeon with a skill bind though. Australis-->Canopus is your burst.

For now just focus on trying a bunch of different team styles. You'll find one that works for you. I hate rainbows but jumped on the Ra Dragon hype train anyway. That was a 300k mp lesson learned.

LiQuid!

I'll give that a shot. Green blobs sounds like my kinda gameplay.

I've wanted a zeal forever but I missed the last wood carnival and he's such a pain in the dick to find in the normal dungeons. Slowly making my way thru the last of those so I can get a Cu Chulainn too. Stamina cost just to progress thru all the dragon dungeons has become a hassle when I'm trying to do other crap with my stamina too like farm Uzume skill ups in the angry bird dungeon.

Jagernaut

If you can beat Athena (in current light challenge) Cu Chulain can drop there. Got 1 today when I was clearing it.

I can run it with you if you want.

yeah stamina sucks.

My reincarnated zeal is a beast, I just wish I had a cuter leader that could take advantage of his power. Amazing active that works on any green monocolor. Cu Chu is amazing on my Verdumbdi team with the extra HP and damage (and balanced typing), and free green orbs whenever you don't need hearts.

Ronove is super powerful but scary to play when my team has precious few time extends and I'm still getting the hang of crosses along with combos. TPA/row teams are comparatively weak but super super easy. Find and/or make green orbs > put them near each other > profit.

LiQuid!

I have no clue what descends I could take or even contribute to meaningfully at this point. I've been jumping back and forth between Bastet and Ronove and I'm equally bad at both of them, yet they're my only functional teams currently. Barely. Lotta awakenings need unlocking on my newer Ronove subs. If you're around later tonight we can give it a shot tho. I'll holler at you when I can play later.

b33r

When was ALB released? Anyways, since then I've been doing Scarlet M+ whenever it's up to create 4 Scarlets and, of course, MP farming. I finally max skilled my final Scarlet tonight! It took 26, 20, 25, and 40 to max skill each. I still need to uvo the last two but I have the +eggs ready to go. It should make for a fun Cao Cao team.

Speaking of fun, Bacetet is a blast! I had an Awoken Bastet but never pyed or +egged her. Really, I just used her for Z8 farming and that's about it. Now that she's getting use again, I'm remembering why she was my very first hyper monster ever. I fed that Bastet when I returned to the game but got a dupe at a later PCGF which I am thankful for.

I agree, I never really use my Bastet but I made Bacetet today and she is a lot of fun to play. I will definitely use her for fun when I don't feel like mindless farming.

W-00

I have no clue what descends I could take or even contribute to meaningfully at this point. I've been jumping back and forth between Bastet and Ronove and I'm equally bad at both of them, yet they're my only functional teams currently. Barely. Lotta awakenings need unlocking on my newer Ronove subs. If you're around later tonight we can give it a shot tho. I'll holler at you when I can play later.

Assuming the awakening levels on your Padherder are accurate, if you replace the Zeal on the team Bladelaw recommended with GZL you'll have enough skill boosts to have some ALB teams (such as my own) up on turn one. With that, it would be fairly trivial to get carried through Athena.
Floor 1: Team A presses Dios and swipes.
Floor 2: Team B uses Australis and/or ALB and maybe Canopus if it's skill is ready and puts as many green orbs together as possible.
Floor 3: Team A presses Dios and swipes.
Floor 4: If Team B didn't use one of Australis/ALB, it uses the other and assembles as many green orbs as possible. If Team B used both (or the one that wasn't used just wouldn't make many green orbs on the board), then pass and Team A uses Dios again.

I've got about an hour before I have to go out and enough stamina for three runs, so if you're available now we can give it a try.

Quantum

I updated to iOS 10 a couple days ago and haven't had any problems. Seems like most people have had the same experience.

thanks - I haven't yet, but keep getting reminders.

Gungho pushed warnings to android phones but never bothers to push when its safe to update.

IOS apparently breaks a number of apps, so I'm still trying to figure out when to update

- although I'm rotating back to console and pc gaming lately and haven't been using my stamina even - other to finish challenges and levels I haven't run - really in a no-farm mode.

J0dy77

thanks - I haven't yet, but keep getting reminders.

Gungho pushed warnings to android phones but never bothers to push when its safe to update.

IOS apparently breaks a number of apps, so I'm still trying to figure out when to update

- although I'm rotating back to console and pc gaming lately and haven't been using my stamina even - other to finish challenges and levels I haven't run - really in a no-farm mode.

I got an iPhone 7 and had no choice but knew that it was working since I upgraded my iPad as a test prior. Gungho released an update back in the first couple weeks of september that I'm assuming took care of any iOS10 issues. Only game I've had issues with on iOS 10 is FF Brave Exvius and that seems to be iPhone 7 related.

Bladelaw

Light challenge complete. There's so much light/dark hate in those dungeons. I swear Kakkab has a hidden light skyfall buff.

To whit: if you're building teams for this keep in mind
Kakkab in Seraphis absorbs light for 10 turns and flat out kills you before you can stall it out.
Light shieldra spawns in Heimdallr absorbing light for 10 turns.
Raphael in Sandalphon absorbs dark for enough turns to kill you before it's over.

I ran Seraphis with Sumire and light skyfall on Kakkab was insane. A firework + heart cross turned into a 10 combo 4 of which were light.

Jagernaut

I just ran ALB coop for the light challenge. Orochi and Raphael subs for Seraphis to counter no awakenings and boss resolve/big hit.

LiQuid!

Assuming the awakening levels on your Padherder are accurate, if you replace the Zeal on the team Bladelaw recommended with GZL you'll have enough skill boosts to have some ALB teams (such as my own) up on turn one. With that, it would be fairly trivial to get carried through Athena.
Floor 1: Team A presses Dios and swipes.
Floor 2: Team B uses Australis and/or ALB and maybe Canopus if it's skill is ready and puts as many green orbs together as possible.
Floor 3: Team A presses Dios and swipes.
Floor 4: If Team B didn't use one of Australis/ALB, it uses the other and assembles as many green orbs as possible. If Team B used both (or the one that wasn't used just wouldn't make many green orbs on the board), then pass and Team A uses Dios again.

I've got about an hour before I have to go out and enough stamina for three runs, so if you're available now we can give it a try.

Sorry was busy all day but I'm home now.

Everything should be correct on padherder. I put that team together so I can give it a shot if anybody wants to. Ping me on discord LiQuid!#5193

LiQuid!

You guys are awesome. Having friends with super farmed up, rude ass teams is awesome. Thanks a lot w00 (and Jag for the offers to run). That was a lot easier than trying to match crosses and comboing!

I've got so much work to do to get all these new cards leveled up, evo'd and awakened!

Bladelaw

You guys are awesome. Having friends with super farmed up, rude ass teams is awesome. Thanks a lot w00 (and Jag for the offers to run). That was a lot easier than trying to match crosses and comboing!

I've got so much work to do to get all these new cards leveled up, evo'd and awakened!

We're enablers here.

yes I cannot stress enough how good the dumb green mask and the zeus-dios have been to me, bless y'all's hearts

I just bought another 85 stones so I guess I'm also an enabler, in a sense

LiQuid!

yes I cannot stress enough how good the dumb green mask and the zeus-dios have been to me, bless y'all's hearts

I just bought another 85 stones so I guess I'm also an enabler, in a sense

byhyEV0.jpg

If I had infinite disposable income I'm not sure what the upper limit on the amount I'd spend on this dumb game would be

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If I had infinite disposable income I'm not sure what the upper limit on the amount I'd spend on this dumb game would be

Heh.

In other news, I got Sandalphon today thinking "Oh I need him for Myr!" No, I don't need him for quite some time. I need Nordis (missed him) and Deux ex Machina (Wednesday). Anyone want to help me make quick work of that dungeon Wednesday evening? :)

Bladelaw

Heh.

In other news, I got Sandalphon today thinking "Oh I need him for Myr!" No, I don't need him for quite some time. I need Nordis (missed him) and Deux ex Machina (Wednesday). Anyone want to help me make quick work of that dungeon Wednesday evening? :)
Sure I can help. Also Nordis is in coins so you can buy it to farm if you need to. Those work in multiplayer too.

Quantum

The latest PAD stream said it was ok with the "back up just in case" qualifier.

thanks, I haven't bothered updating either - fortunately we are moving into videogame season and I'm obsessed with grinding destiny , preloading forza horizon 3, trying to understand pik pok's shadow wars...

but I do want to update soon - I recently blew up my nexus 6p and gungho was really quick to help with my alt account - as worried as I am about my accounts I don't have a reasonable back-up system (I seem to loose everything except pictures)

I thought google play backed up my pad account, but I'm guessing I shouldn't rely on just that.

but I have.

LiQuid!

Haha. I've been rolling thru the late game normal dungeons with Slaynove so I'm like I'm going to back thru and do those all in challenge mode for EZ STOANZ, turned out to be an ez loss of stamina.

Bladelaw

Haha. I've been rolling thru the late game normal dungeons with Slaynove so I'm like I'm going to back thru and do those all in challenge mode for EZ STOANZ, turned out to be an ez loss of stamina.

important thing to note: you only get your leader skill not any of your friends.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sure I can help. Also Nordis is in coins so you can buy it to farm if you need to. Those work in multiplayer too.

I'll probably buy Nordis tomorrow then if we can try and tackle both.

Also, looking at the rest of the reqs to get Myr to her first evo, Threedia seems to evade me. Where do I pick him up?

Top Bottom