• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

So I'm still working out my Anaphon team.
The team I'm planning on running is
Anaphon
Balanced Akechi (L/D Uevo)
Yomidragon
Plum
?????

That last slot is wide open. Here's my balanced or dragon options for that slot:

Rebel Seraph Lucifer
Satsuki
Typhon
Sleeping Beauty
DKali
Diadem
Ichigo
D/R Haku
Dark Chester

I'm thinking Typhon or Diadem. The hilarity of running a fully unbindable team is appealing though.

Anaphon
Yomidragon
Plum
?????

That last slot is wide open. Here's my balanced or dragon options for that slot:

Rebel Seraph Lucifer
Satsuki
Typhon
Sleeping Beauty
DKali
Diadem
Ichigo
D/R Haku
Dark Chester

I'm thinking Typhon or Diadem. The hilarity of running a fully unbindable team is appealing though.

Probably Typhon. Not ideal to have another full board change but it's probably better than Diadem, who could potentially take away hearts. Sleeping Beauty is interesting, but her stats aren't good enough. Typhon boards are pretty good for heart cross, rarely will you not have enough hearts to activate.

b33r

Anaphon
Yomidragon
Plum
?????

Rebel Seraph Lucifer
Satsuki
Typhon
Sleeping Beauty
DKali
Diadem
Ichigo
D/R Haku
Dark Chester

That's the exact team I'll be running with your last spot being another Akechi for me. I've been leveling my awoken vritra and Satsuki as flex subs as I see them being used on a lot of JP videos. For you I think you should experiment with Typhon and Satsuki, both should be good.

I read a discussion on Reddit last week about anaphon and the general consensus was to run a second anaphon over regular Typhon for the haste. But I suppose that is arguable with the longer cooldown.

Bladelaw

Probably Typhon. Not ideal to have another full board change but it's probably better than Diadem, who could potentially take away hearts. Sleeping Beauty is interesting, but her stats aren't good enough. Typhon boards are pretty good for heart cross, rarely will you not have enough hearts to activate.

Yeah, you're probably right. Sleeping Beauty works better as an inherit but even then with Typhon on the team only Plum and Akechi are bindable. That drops the relative utility into just a short cooldown heart converter. Once Satsuki gets an Ultimate I feel like that will be her home. I'm sitting on three of them and would really like to use them.

I really want to use Diadem, he's max skilled, great awakenings, decent stats and a guaranteed row active with haste, The risk of losing hearts can be worked around but Typhon is probably still the better choice. Similar level of awakenings (+Devil killer) and a full board change that can be fixed by almost any member of the team if things go real south.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Rolling on an alt and got LZL and a yellow cyberbeast with my first two rolls. Seems like it's hard to make a team with LZL without lotta REM luck. Think I'm going to wait until the next godfest and reroll some more.

Rolling on an alt and got LZL and a yellow cyberbeast with my first two rolls. Seems like it's hard to make a team with LZL without lotta REM luck. Think I'm going to wait until the next godfest and reroll some more.

Yeah, those aren't great rolls. If you're starting an alt, target something that you can pair with your main. It might take a while to get what you want though.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How come? You can't co-op NA and JP right?

edit: Hows Robin Hood as a leader for the alt?

Alright, my first 2 rolls were Robin Hood and Oda. I think I'm keeping this account. I'll worry about making teams for these guys later

W-00

Ugh, just cleared Hanuman mythical solo with Awoken Amaterasu. Stalled through his shield, used Sakuya's gravity a few times, hit him with a Raph/Valk combo, and used a delay to buy time to plink him when that wasn't quite enough to finish him. There has to be an easier way to farm this guy...

LiQuid!

If anybody is around with stamina I just stoned up my stamina and need 3 runs of rainbow keeper. Trying to get em in discord but not having any luck so far

ed: nm I'm good enough now.

BTW the tips about my Australis team before have been suuuper helpful in getting farmed up ALBros to swipe me thru some of this trivial content

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Deus Ex Legend is pretty easy, so I've run that twice this morning to secure my Deus Ex for Myr. Gonna run it a few more times today for the Nordis evo mats. Getting closer and closer...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks like we will have a Best Friend and REM Pull Reset incoming soon - as well as Hera +297.

I think i still have to use my BF - would be up for a Triangle, running Sumire/Myr/YY most of the time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looks like we will have a Best Friend and REM Pull Reset incoming soon - as well as Hera +297.

I think i still have to use my BF - would be up for a Triangle, running Sumire/Myr/YY most of the time.

Oh neat.

I'll definitely be interested in finding a triangle with similar setups.

LiQuid!

Ooh, I still have yet to set up my initial best friend. Any of you running Bacetet regularly? I know Bladelaw evo'd him but not sure if you use him a lot or not.

If I can't get a Bacetet BFF I'll probably BFF moblin since I use Verdandi and Ronove daily anyways, I just have way more Ronove friends than Bacetet friends atm and that's the safest/best team for me in most situations.

Jagernaut

I haven't used my bf yet. I usually have YY and Myr (both hyper) in the first 2 slots. Mostly A Pandora or ALB as active team, will use Krishna as well once we get his super ult.

Bladelaw

I shuffle leads a lot trying to find the sweet spot for whatever I'm trying to run.

I've been trying to decide if I should keep Xiang Mei in slot one or finally rotate her out.

Currently I'm running
Xiang Mei in slot 1
Myr in slot 2
and slot 3 rotates quite a bit.

I usually settle on one of the following, but can put whatever up as people need it.
Bacetet
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer
Awoken Pandora
Awoken Liu Bei
You Yu
Sumire
Kenshin

I'm on a big Kenshin kick since I cleared Arena with him. Being able to pretty much end any fight when you want is pretty satisfying.

ccbfan

Also looking for a BFF triangle.

My mains are going to be

A. Ama
ALB
Tsubaki

(Hey a large majority of this game is farming)

I also randomly run

Baceset
Myr
Ronia
Verdandi
ACC

Ducarmel

I need 50 rank ups to get my rank 250 memorial pull on my alt.

I am not looking forward to that grind.

Outside Monday dungeon and dungeons like mry/infinite etc. What are the good dungeons to rank up in multi.

LiQuid!

Ok, how do I set up a good triangle with you guys then. As long as I can get at least one Bacetet somewhere in the rotation I'm good. You guys know how to do this stuff better than me, someone guide me ha.

LiQuid!

^Get 3 people. A B and C.

A bff B, B bff C, C bff A.

The Triangle.

Ok. That means all 3 of us get to use the other 2's cards then? Cosmo and Actstriker you guys want to triangle up so we can mooch each others' Bacetets? If so can you guys post your codes and invite me? I'm at 380, 404, 479

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a perk to setting up BF before the reset?

My first slot is always Ronove, second is Sumire or Pandora. Third is usually something like Kanna or Ama or LTron for speed farming.

Jagernaut

Is there a perk to setting up BF before the reset?

My first slot is always Ronove, second is Sumire or Pandora. Third is usually something like Kanna or Ama or LTron for speed farming.

Some of us haven't used the current bf so if we don't use it before the reset it will be lost. Can't have more than 1 bf choice at the same time.

^ oh...

I guess I need to BF one of my ronoves

edit: smh a boring godfest if padx is right

Pick your BF wisely. I'd chose someone on here that always has him up, or message someone in game that you use. You don't want to BF someone that's going to stop playing the game or move on to another lead. I used my BF this time on a random Gremory user, and it's worked out great. I asked him what leaders he uses and if Gremory was something he planned to always keep up. He was super responsive, which made me feel okay to pull the trigger.

Pick your BF wisely. I'd chose someone on here that always has him up, or message someone in game that you use. You don't want to BF someone that's going to stop playing the game or move on to another lead. I used my BF this time on a random Gremory user, and it's worked out great. I asked him what leaders he uses and if Gremory was something he planned to always keep up. He was super responsive, which made me feel okay to pull the trigger.

Yeah, I guess I can shoot out some messages. I'm getting better at the heart cross thing and if I'm able to cultivate some better subs hopefully Ronove can take me through Mythical and beyond. Just maxed him (his level) yesterday, too, and he's already max awoken and +10 for all stats.

I'm waiting for the next Exp x2 on KotG. With zero pre-emptives and Ronove (and LKali for a perfect combo nuke setup) it's a breeze. The occasional dub-mythlits make it even better.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, I guess I can shoot out some messages. I'm getting better at the heart cross thing and if I'm able to cultivate some better subs hopefully Ronove can take me through Mythical and beyond. Just maxed him (his level) yesterday, too, and he's already max awoken and +10 for all stats.

I'm waiting for the next Exp x2 on KotG. With zero pre-emptives and Ronove (and LKali for a perfect combo nuke setup) it's a breeze. The occasional dub-mythlits make it even better.

If you're serious about Ronove, we can find a 3rd who has a beneficial lead. He's my go to for anything right now and he slays.

I am serious about Ronove because yeah he absolutely slays, but I'm hopeful I can get some better subs (a Kaede or DKali would help). Team cost has never once been an issue for me, ever, until I tried making a good rainbow Ronove team and couldn't put my maxed Ryune on it :(.

But yeah if we find a third I'd totally be down for a triangle, I'm on every day.

W-00

I also need to use my BFF. Slot one is a hypermax Sumire (working on getting her set up with full SDR), slot two is recovery-boost pentamaxed A. Ama, slot three is usually HP/SDR pentamax A. Pandora (or ALB now that I have him). I could put ALB in slot two if people would prefer that, but since he's usually used for multiplayer I;m not sure why people would want that.

Other leaders I have that could be put into slot two if people would like are: rainbow-resist pentamax Ryune, A. Thor (exists, but very little work has gone into him), A. Anubis (just missing skill levels to be hypered), H. Ra (max level and max skill), and eventually Myr (I'm keeping her in her first form while I skill her up, but I already have the mats for her second form).

edit: smh a boring godfest if padx is right
Hopefully PADX is wrong again. If not, I suppose I'll make a courtesy roll on day 2, aiming for Cao Cao, DQXQ, the callers, or the metallics.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Anyone interested in BF triangles? Most recently I used You Yu most.

Currently most used hypermaxed leaders are:
RaDra (1st slot), AShiva (2nd slot), Kaede, Sitri, Sumire, ShivaDra, NepDra, ACaoCao, Typhon

Bladelaw

Why is this GF boring?

Day 1 has the best shield (arguable) Indra and best dark enhance Vritra available. Lakshmi makes a fine leader, Parvati is Kaede's BFF. Shiva's really the only odd one out

it also has probably the best pantheon in the game with Three Kingdoms. Awoken Sun Quan/Awoken Hermes leader pair is surprisingly powerful, Awoken Cao Cao can system his way through arena, Awoken Liu Bei is the best farming lead normal people have access to, Awoken DQXQ is an easy to activate 100x and one of Myr's best subs.

This is ignoring the GFEs on order at 4x too.

I plan on rolling for DQXQ but I'd be happy with almost anything out of these pantheons (except Liu bei ironically, I don't need 4).

Here's hoping I finally get DQXQ.

Yeah I guess I still need a Liu Bei and some of the others would be cute but I need some more good subs. I have Sumire but my sub pool is trash so there's no use investing in her. I'm nowhere near being able to reliably farm up a Myr yet so her stuff remains alien to me.

I feel like I could do something with water or dark if I had a few more cards, but for now all I can do is drown in a sea of green.

I have the stones for it but I don't think I'm going to do 10 pulls a day if there's not much I can use.

Bladelaw

Yeah I guess I still need a Liu Bei and some of the others would be cute but I need some more good subs. I have Sumire but my sub pool is trash so there's no use investing in her. I'm nowhere near being able to reliably farm up a Myr yet so her stuff remains alien to me.

I feel like I could do something with water or dark if I had a few more cards, but for now all I can do is drown in a sea of green.

I have the stones for it but I don't think I'm going to do 10 pulls a day if there's not much I can use.

There's no harm in saving for PCGF. A solid lead can really help even with terrible subs.

I'd still pull a couple times for any 3K member. Lu Bu would be the only real "loss" for you. Awoken Sun Quan can either lead or sub in Sumire when something really needs to die or get delayed. ALB can run entirely off farmable subs, DQXQ just needs to match colors + light row, Awoken Cao Cao has similar perks to ALB.

All of them are capable leaders and excellent subs. The Indian pantheon won't help much, totally agree here. Unless I'm mistaken though I think your odds of 3K are better here than PCGF.

J0dy77

Oh neat.

Honestly guys, the need for triangles is really not that important these days. I could care less about PAL points except for when we finally get the + egg machine. EVO mats are simple and we get a decent flow of snow globes for experience. Only time I ever really pull is when I'm capped at 50 and then dump them.

Focus on using your BF on people that run the same leads with the right skill inherit. I have a million Myr on my list to pick from but hardly any that have Final Judgement or Shine Ring flare inherits.

That said, looking to use my BF. I run XM in slot 1, Myr in 2 and usually Sumire in spot 3. Also working on Liu Bei and planning for Krishna fun. Really want to find Myr with Final Judgement as a GAF player and XM. Let me know.

J0dy77

Finally made it through Star Justice after changing up to rainbow Myr team. Think I'll switch back to XM if I want to try Legend Plus. That dungeon is annoying as hell. Any reason I need to farm it?

W-00

Why is this GF boring?
For me, the speculated Godfest is boring because:
I already have Indra.
I wouldn't want to sacrifice an orb-changer on my Pandora team for Vritra.
Lakshmi doesn't really bring anything my water box is lacking.
No Kaede to use Parvati, and she wouldn't fit on my non-Dios green team, either.
Shiva looks pretty lackluster and my fire box sucks, anyways.
I already have Sun Quan.
I already have Liu Bei.
Lu Bu just annoys me because I get so many randoms bringing him who have crap teams. Also, there's no place for him on my Pandora team.

I don't have a planned used for DQXQ, but I wouldn't be annoyed to get them.
Cao Cao is the only real gem for me in either pantheon, since he can kinda-sorta lead a red version of the ALB-Dios team. Sure, there's no one sub that's as good for him as Dios is for ALB, but one might come along.

J0dy77

I was getting bored with PAD again so I started looking for some projects and noticed that I have a pretty much perfect Sherias Roots team and subs. Anyone have any experience with him before I start investing?

I've got Pentamaxed Susano and Sakuya for Utility, 2x Dark Kali for that sweet time extend and board change, Baldin if I want extra burst and water Sherias for extra board change. Can even throw in a viper if necessary.

Seems like a fun team but not sure how the utility would be. Might be hard to find people that run him as well. Never had a dragon team before.

Bladelaw

Finally made it through Star Justice after changing up to rainbow Myr team. Think I'll switch back to XM if I want to try Legend Plus. That dungeon is annoying as hell. Any reason I need to farm it?
Star Justice is an evo mat for Mathena. Also a mat for Another Justice.

I'm actually looking for a coop partner to run it when I get home. I'm still trying to think of a team for it. So much bullshit to deal with.

cw_sasuke

Oh neat.

I hope i pull Ronove down the line - sounds like fun even if i dont have the Kaede subs for him.
I haven't used my bf yet. I usually have YY and Myr (both hyper) in the first 2 slots. Mostly A Pandora or ALB as active team, will use Krishna as well once we get his super ult.

Sounds good to me - i dont know if i will invest in Krishna (looks awesome though) but Myr and YY wont go anywhere soon on my side.
I was getting bored with PAD again so I started looking for some projects and noticed that I have a pretty much perfect Sherias Roots team and subs. Anyone have any experience with him before I start investing?

I've got Pentamaxed Susano and Sakuya for Utility, 2x Dark Kali for that sweet time extend and board change, Baldin if I want extra burst and water Sherias for extra board change. Can even throw in a viper if necessary.

Seems like a fun team but not sure how the utility would be. Might be hard to find people that run him as well. Never had a dragon team before.

I have him but i dont have any experience with him since i never get to run him - nobody uses him in my friendlist. If you need him up to practice i can put up my max skill/max lvl unit up for you.

Im interested in him, though he probably needs a UEVO to compete with the Top Tiers right now. Then again he seems like a kickass subs for Awoken U&Y as well for everyone thats chasing that sweet 400x multi heh.

J0dy77

Star Justice is an evo mat for Mathena. Also a mat for Another Justice.

I'm actually looking for a coop partner to run it when I get home. I'm still trying to think of a team for it. So much bullshit to deal with.

Ah that's right, I thought there was something about it but didn't find it in PAD guide. I'll keep looking to see what I need. I think I've got the hang of it but man is there a ton of BS in this dungeon.

I have him but i dont have any experience with him since i never get to run him - nobody uses him in my friendlist. If you need him up to practice i can put up my max skill/max lvl unit up for you.

Im interested in him, though he probably needs a UEVO to compete with the Top Tiers right now. Then again he seems like a kickass subs for Awoken U&Y as well for everyone thats chasing that sweet 400x multi heh.

That's the thing, all of the aggregate list have him as a top tier lead (S or A rank) Been watching a few videos and I'm impressed especially since I have most of the team Hypermaxed from my Awoken Sakuya days. The straight orb match meta has always been my favorite in PAD with TPA coming in second and the team heavily utilizes both. Feel like I can do a ton of work with this team and will at least break up the mono damage teams I've been playing for awhile.

Bladelaw

Ok thinking of an ALB sweep team for this dungeon.
You need the following abilities available:
25% gravity for floor 1
100% SBR for floor 2
99 true damage for floor 3
Some form of damage negation for Star Justice/Another Justice's rage hit, Raphael works best
5 turns of SDR for Raph and Dios-like
The rest of the slots should cover colors and provide a shitload of green orbs

25% or better gravities: Hathor, Hades, various incarnations of Zeus and Hera, and Zeus&Hera.

99 True Damage: Seta Sojiro, Academy fairy tale girls, Jize, Honjo Kamitari

Damage negation: Ganesha and skillups, elementals ( Genie or Thanatos, risky depending on which final boss you get), Raphael.

I'm planning on running either side of the following:

Team A:
ALB
Tengu (Hades)
Beach Sonia (Seta Sojiro inherit)
Dios
Verdandi (Australis)

Team B:
ALB
Dios
Australis
Raphael (5 turns SDR)
Spica (5 Turns SDR)

Floor 1:
A: Grav-->ALB? kill (The combo part here is tricky, not sure of a clean way around it)

Floor 2:
B: ALB

Floor 3:
A: 99 true damage

Floor 4:
A: Australis

Floor 5:
B: Australis

Floor 6:
A: Dios

Floor 7:
B: Raphael-->Spica Swipe
Justice retaliation
A: poke to kill.

Anyone want to try it with me?

cw_sasuke

Eh I misread.... thought you were talking about the regular blue Sherias version, yeah Roots is already really good. Shouldn't be too difficult to find people who run him.

Jagernaut

Ok thinking of an ALB sweep team for this dungeon.
You need the following abilities available:
25% gravity for floor 1
100% SBR for floor 2
99 true damage for floor 3
Some form of damage negation for Star Justice/Another Justice's rage hit, Raphael works best
5 turns of SDR for Raph and Dios-like
The rest of the slots should cover colors and provide a shitload of green orbs

25% or better gravities: Hathor, Hades, various incarnations of Zeus and Hera, and Zeus&Hera.

99 True Damage: Seta Sojiro, Academy fairy tale girls, Jize, Honjo Kamitari

Damage negation: Ganesha and skillups, elementals ( Genie or Thanatos, risky depending on which final boss you get), Raphael.

I'm planning on running either side of the following:

Team A:
ALB
Tengu (Hades)
Beach Sonia (Seta Sojiro inherit)
Dios
Verdandi (Australis)

Team B:
ALB
Dios
Australis
Raphael (5 turns SDR)
Spica (5 Turns SDR)

Floor 1:
A: Grav-->ALB? kill (The combo part here is tricky, not sure of a clean way around it)

Floor 2:
B: ALB

Floor 3:
A: 99 true damage

Floor 4:
A: Australis

Floor 5:
B: Australis

Floor 6:
A: Dios

Floor 7:
B: Raphael-->Spica Swipe
Justice retaliation
A: poke to kill.

Anyone want to try it with me?

I'll try it. My Sojiro is not max lvl so I can't run A but I can do B. I just have to find the right inherits (long cooldowns) since I don't have SDR.

Top Bottom