• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Took like 5 runs but got mah Ace! One day the RNG in this game is going to be kind to me. Today was not that day, but I'm hopeful. Some day.

b33r

Ace is pretty easy, Ana is a bit harder. She has a weird resolve that keeps happening for awhile, tank teams are best, it gets smaller and smaller until she dies.

Bladelaw

Star Den times are up. I'm group E (5pm US East) and will button anyone with 11 SB and a goemon-like lead through for an hour.

Also looking to partner with anyone in another group. I need to 297 too many things lol.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Jeez tried to coop challenge 5 with a rando and looked like a fool. Misplayed so many times and got us killed. Guy apparently didn't see my leaders or thought he could solo it or something cause his teams were not compatible with mine at all. Still I fucked up badly. Feels bad.

Bladelaw

Jeez tried to coop challenge 5 with a rando and looked like a fool. Misplayed so many times and got us killed. Guy apparently didn't see my leaders or thought he could solo it or something cause his teams were not compatible with mine at all. Still I fucked up badly. Feels bad.

poke me tomorrow. I can carry you through with Bacetet

W-00

The hell? Tomorrow is both Star Treasure and Rare Monster? That seems unusual.

I'm in Group B, so 4 PT/7 ET for me. I'd be up for a few runs (er, 7, I suppose) if anyone wants to join me. I don't have a pushbutton team for it (I generally just blast everything with Pandora), but I could put together a team with however many skill boosts it would take. Or we could just blast everything with Pandora or ALB-style.

Ugh, I've had such bad luck with coop partners today. Practically everyone I've paired with for Myr has completely whiffed it. One of them was even a troll, who used a less-than-ideal leader (I thought the rest of their team was good enough to make up for it) and bailed on the first stage. Talk about a waste of stamina. Then the guy I was just partnered with was spamming the 'nice' button when Wee Jas was up, so I figured he might have some sort of plan and switched to him. No, he just matched to poison without matching the hearts and got us killed. I know you're supposed to match Wee Jas' poison, but not when it would kill you!

LiQuid!

If only you could carry me out of my ocean of shame. :(

Bladelaw

If only you could carry me out of my ocean of shame. :(

I carried a rank 23 account through it who rolled Robin hood to start with Awoken Bastet. I'm hoping Acetet can do the same for you.

The hell? Tomorrow is both Star Treasure and Rare Monster? That seems unusual.

I'm in Group B, so 4 PT/7 ET for me. I'd be up for a few runs (er, 7, I suppose) if anyone wants to join me. I don't have a pushbutton team for it (I generally just blast everything with Pandora), but I could put together a team with however many skill boosts it would take. Or we could just blast everything with Pandora or ALB-style.

Sign me up. Discord is Bladelaw#6504 I have a button team that needs 11 SB to get off the ground. Basically pass turn 1 and I'll do the rest.

I'm looking to 297, D/R Haku and Tsubaki

LiQuid!

I just cleared Endless Corridor for the first time. I thought I was hot shit and then I went back into it and saw the other 5 Endless Corridors in there. Those all sound like a nightmare.

W-00

Sign me up. Discord is Bladelaw#6504 I have a button team that needs 11 SB to get off the ground. Basically pass turn 1 and I'll do the rest.

I'm looking to 297, D/R Haku and Tsubaki

11 skill boosts... Hm... Surfmon (2) + Avalon Drake (3) + A. Ama (2 + haste) + A. Panda (2 + haste) + another Surfmon (2) = 11 + 2 hastes = overkill.

Oh, I'll have to make more room in my box. I've restored too much of my evo material stocks.

I just cleared Endless Corridor for the first time. I thought I was hot shit and then I went back into it and saw the other 5 Endless Corridors in there. Those all sound like a nightmare.

In that case, you really don't want to see what shows up after you clear those five.

J0dy77

I'm taking back my lackluster initial review of the new Krishna evo. Here he is clearing arena 3 with a pretty basic team.

http://youtu.be/BIBwf3Nx3IE

I have so many fire cards to make this work and can mix and match based on the dungeon. Total hp over 70k is insane with the extra hp buff.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What are some thoughts on Nordis dungeon? What should I be aware of in building a team for it? Can I assume it's easier than Myr??

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finally cleared Challenge 9 - that Boss can be troublesome depending on the actives he uses
yyd6kz2.jpg

Now only challenge lvl 10 left - but i think i will have to go Coop for that one. Anyone else still needs to clear that ?
I'm taking back my lackluster initial review of the new Krishna evo. Here he is clearing arena 3 with a pretty basic team.

http://youtu.be/BIBwf3Nx3IE

I have so many fire cards to make this work and can mix and match based on the dungeon. Total hp over 70k is insane with the extra hp buff.

They really want me to start a Fire team...noooo.gif
What are some thoughts on Nordis dungeon? What should I be aware of in building a team for it? Can I assume it's easier than Myr??

Yeah it should be easier than Myr- - its actually straightforward if you have the damage needed to one shot most encounters. If you use a dark team just be prepared that he absorbs dark damage the first couple rounds.

Bladelaw

Nordis isn't too bad. He's a dick to dark teams and takes half damage from light and wood. I think our janky Sumire combo could pull it off in legend plus.

3 rolls in the carnival because I had my 400 day a couple days ago and figured I could spare a few.

Trash
Barbarossa
Trash

Nice! I need to see where I can best use him. Got good Sumire and Beach Lak teams he might sub on. Might try to lead with him since he looks pretty good. Water box is pretty strong. Definitely my 2nd best after dark.

Kreed

Was nicely surprised to see the PAD X dungeon. Went ahead and upgraded Bastet, but I don't think I'm going to bother with Horus. Looking forward to the other PAD X dungeon and finally putting Typhon to use/having another (solo) option besides Myr for some of the newer content.

Bladelaw

Open offer to carry anyone through star vault. I plan on running all hour at 5pm US East (Group E). I won't have access to my PC so I won't be too chatty. I just need my partner to bring 11 skill boosts.

I can also provide skill boosts or buttons for any other timeslot.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I yolo rolled once and got red valk. Don't really need her, but happy to have one.

Congrats !!

Wonder if the Valks will recieve some kind of buff soon ...they are still quite rare but they dont fit in too many top tier teams right now if at all.

W-00

Wonder if the Valks will recieve some kind of buff soon ...they are still quite rare but they dont fit in too many top tier teams right now if at all.

Really seems like they should, considering that LValk will get one as soon as Ana comes over.

Okamid3n

If they do buff the Valks, I hope it's a new evo somehow, like they did with Ana Valk. Just throwing a bunch of awakenings at them would be really boring.

b33r

They could really use an sbr though. But yeah, I hope they get a buff, constellation 1 became better subs and easier to obtain.

Has anyone used the new Anima ult in co-op? I'm wondering what type of dungeons it can farm. My main and alt both have one, so putting a team together might be helpful until I can either get Myr ready on both accounts or find a way to get my alt MZeus.

wow start treasure thieves' den is amazing, I'm suddenly drowning in +eggs

Also I tried out ronove in endless with a scrub team (unevolved isis, lkali, verdandi, and perseus I think) and partnered with another and after one heart cross I was shitting out millions of damage. I wish I had better subs, I would make the permanent switch. I have the materials to evolve him.

J0dy77

It's one of the tougher mythical plus dungeons on mythical, legend isn't that bad. There are a ton of floors that don't have preemptive skills so heart cross is a good way to go.

Best recommendation is to check pad guide for any gotchas then try the dungeons out. Each mythical plus is kind of a learning experience and you'll get better at them there more you play with a specific team. The dungeon balancing is still one if my favorite parts of this game (only complaint is the damage absorb nonsense).

W-00

Okay, Bladelaw, room is up. 2193 7302

I should have enough box space to do four runs before I have to fuse things. After the fifth run I'll have to pause to run Experience and level up. After that I'll have seven more runs, if you're up for it.

b33r

Has anyone used the new Anima ult in co-op? I'm wondering what type of dungeons it can farm. My main and alt both have one, so putting a team together might be helpful until I can either get Myr ready on both accounts or find a way to get my alt MZeus.

I sold one a long time ago, seems like a great co-op farming lead now and I have a great fire box. Oh well.

Edit: I almost finished plussing Typhon today and have my 2nd Akechi about halfway there. That will give me my main anaphon team all hypered. Already had 1st Akechi, Xin Hua, and Yomi Dragon done. I do want to hyper awoken vritra and Satsuki as other options after, but Satsuki doesn't have a skill up at the moment and I still don't have enough badpys for anaphon. But I'm getting there and hoping that team gets me farming arena easier.

J0dy77

Anyone want to try c10 coop? I've been getting to round three solo but RNG had been unfriendly with board setup and Shiva skill delay is killing my cooldowns.

I've been using sumire, looking for someone with you yu.

Bladelaw

Okay, Bladelaw, room is up. 2193 7302

I should have enough box space to do four runs before I have to fuse things. After the fifth run I'll have to pause to run Experience and level up. After that I'll have seven more runs, if you're up for it.
Holy shit I'm sorry. At a friend's housewarming and miss timed the block. Hopefully you found someone to run with.

LiQuid!

Suuuuper dumb question time.

I have a the multiplayer menu up at the moment selecting a dungeon to run and the screen is showing the super dragons from 20 minutes ago and it's letting me select them and start up a room with an ID and everything. Will it actually let me run these if I pull someone into it even tho the guerrilla has expired??

W-00

Suuuuper dumb question time.

I have a the multiplayer menu up at the moment selecting a dungeon to run and the screen is showing the super dragons from 20 minutes ago and it's letting me select them and start up a room with an ID and everything. Will it actually let me run these if I pull someone into it even tho the guerrilla has expired??

I've tried that before. Didn't work.

Bladelaw

Ok so I have 2 more 297's and finished off D/R Haku. So I now have the standard Awoken Lucifer Arena team. Not sure what to do with the 2 297's so I'll bank them till an obvious need presents itself.

Bladelaw

What is the standard team? Arena 1? Solo?

From my reading it's:
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer
Yomi Dragon
Eschamali
D/R Haku
Akechi

This is for solo no inherits.

I'd inherit Akechi into Lucifer, an active bind clear into Yomidragon (likely Dark Dragon Swordsman), Nothing into Eschamali, Awoken Haku on D/R Haku, and nothing onto Akechi.

LiQuid!

So far out of the evo carnival pal machine I've pulled 4 gold keepers, 1 of each tri fruit, multiple angel/devilits, 3 or 4 assorted jewels, but no sacred masks.

LiQuid!

Seriously, it's so tempting to drop stones on all these emerald and SKC since I need millions and millions of green exp but I'm resisting. Got about 25 levels on my Ronove at least and he's just about maxed out. Got a couple hours to save up stamina for emeralds part 2.

W-00

Well, I am now completely out of wood jewels. But on the plus side, I used my last three to finally wake my Liu Bei. Though he's still missing three awakenings, since I'm out of Tamadras, too. And I am also completely out of Woodpys, and need one more. If only the Woodpy for this challenge wasn't behind C10...

Are there any decent strategies for Sumire, Pandora (I know she'd have to stall on the first, and she isn't good at that), Perseus, or ALB to clear C10?

Ducarmel

Hel fixed team is kicking my ass, rng is all over the place I could die on the first floor or die on the boss. Some of it is admittedly my fault but a couple of runs I just get bad boards.

Top Bottom