• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

W-00

Anyone want to try it with me?

Maybe next time it comes around. I can fulfill the functions of that B team (missing Spica, but unless her stats/awakenings are vital, she can be replaced by another green heartbreaker, right?), but don't have any inherits on Raph or my Earth Dragon Knight (who would have to stand in for Spica) or any tans to put some on them.

Bladelaw

I'll try it. My Sojiro is not max lvl so I can't run A but I can do B. I just have to find the right inherits (long cooldowns) since I don't have SDR.

So the trick is going to be floor 1. I've been waffling on how to handle it cleanly. Avalon Drake would be more reliable but the cooldown is too long for the number of skill boosts. The good news is if we clear floor 1 the rest should be smooth sailing.

Maybe next time it comes around. I can fulfill the functions of that B team (missing Spica, but unless her stats/awakenings are vital, she can be replaced by another green heartbreaker, right?), but don't have any inherits on Raph or my Earth Dragon Knight (who would have to stand in for Spica) or any tans to put some on them.
Her 2 SBR allow the group to hit 100% SBR. As long as you can get that somewhere else then yeah any green heartbreak will do. I just built teams for A and B I could make from my box. Having to use all attributes makes teambuilding for this dungeon a massive pain in the ass.

It's an interesting challenge in theory but given how difficult the dungeon is and how many mechanics you need to work around...

All for a minisule chance at getting the blue Justice (doubled today!) or Orpharion's left hand. I feel like there's going to be some kind of Voltronesque super machine (besides Orpharion) that requires the special versions of things like Justice, Geist, and co. and want to be ready sooner rather than later. Plus Star Justice is probably green's best farmable bind clear

Jagernaut

So the trick is going to be floor 1. I've been waffling on how to handle it cleanly. Avalon Drake would be more reliable but the cooldown is too long for the number of skill boosts. The good news is if we clear floor 1 the rest should be smooth sailing.

Do you still have Leeza on your ALB? Row + combos could do it.

Bladelaw

Do you still have Leeza on your ALB? Row + combos could do it.

I pulled her for predra farming. I'm worried a row won't be enough because of type disadvantage. You need to deal 3027126 wood damage to kill him after the gravity. I'll play around and see what damage subs do in endless to see if it's tenable. I'm going to try for a minimum damage, so no enhanced wood and 5 combo maximum just to get an idea. Dios' multiboost will throw off the numbers a little but I figure if the team can clear it before the multiboost we should be ok.

EDIT: IMPORTANT NOTE
Make sure Spica/Tengu is the first sub! in the off chance you get more dark sub attr damage than ALB's wood sub Voice will ruin your day.

Jagernaut

I pulled her for predra farming. I'm worried a row won't be enough because of type disadvantage. You need to deal 3027126 wood damage to kill him after the gravity. I'll play around and see what damage subs do in endless to see if it's tenable. I'm going to try for a minimum damage, so no enhanced wood and 5 combo maximum just to get an idea. Dios' multiboost will throw off the numbers a little but I figure if the team can clear it before the multiboost we should be ok.

If a row doesn't do it, test 8 or 9 green orbs.

Edit. Or you could look at the board and use ALB or Australis to make 5 combos, whichever doesn't flood the whole board.

Bladelaw

Ok so after some practical testing it looks like we'll need more skill boosts for Hades to be up turn 1 or we need Tengu to inherit Spica and find one more SBR.

hermit7

Had a few extra stones cause I reached 1100 days.

Got red valk, whom is the only one I was missing. Pretty pleased, though I have no idea where she will be used. The skill itself however is quite useful.

b33r

Had a few extra stones cause I reached 1100 days.

Got red valk, whom is the only one I was missing. Pretty pleased, though I have no idea where she will be used. The skill itself however is quite useful.

If you have other good fire gods, she pairs well with Shiva Dragon to farm a lot of stuff. Though with ALB and button teams that is a bit outdated. It still works really well though.

14468688_1398881553473766_8778307536214720707_o.jpg

zzz I guess I'll roll a bit on Day 1 and maybe 3 pity rolls on Day 2 for a Kaede or Gremory :(

W-00

Oh, right, they're back to doing two pantheons at a time. Crud. Now I don't know when to make my courtesy roll.

Probably still day 2. The Callers and Eschamali call to me. And any of the Norse except Thor (who I already have) would be welcome.

Bladelaw

Yeah, day 1 definitely the winner for me.

In other news: Fuck Star Justice. 20 something runs today, no luck on Blue Justice or the Orpharion arm.

The good news is the strat works reasonably well if you can clear floor 1. I made a couple last minute substitutions along with Jager.

Team A:
ALB
Tengu (Hades)
Dios
Sanosuke (Australis) (Machine killer OP here)
Balboa (Sojiro)

Team B:
ALB
DMeta (Australis) (For Skillboosts and SBR)
Spica (Heartbreak + SBR)
Raphael
Dios

The format I posted earlier works. Really floor 1 is the only hiccup. and if you can combo it's fine.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Thx! Sounds like I'm doing it all wrong tbh. Robin Hood seems to have a really shitty sub pool so using him as a leader later is going to be pointless. Oda on the other hand seems like a really good leader, only way late game. Also I don't think my main account is strong enough to carry an alt. Mostly I just made an alt because I could and because I got sick of waiting for stamina to tick up on my main account.

zzz I guess I'll roll a bit on Day 1 and maybe 3 pity rolls on Day 2 for a Kaede or Gremory :(

Pains me to see Ronove both days. Makes me hesitant to roll. I really want a Liu Bei after seeing him in action, but I need a Kaede (or 2!) to get my Ronove team off the ground so badly so I think I'm going to drop whatever stones I have on day 2 and pray to RNGsus.

Ronoves and fairy tale girls for days

Okamid3n

Day 1 has 3K and I'd love DQXQ for Myr but those GFE are awful. No Norns, no Steel Gods, no Dragon Callers.

Day 2, just nope.

I'll pass this godfest and save my stones.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is it worth running AB collab on Int or is it a better investment of time, stam, and resources to run Master? Gotta skillup Ame and Kano.

b33r

So they are buffing the first set of mp dragons. I have Shiva Dragon and Yomi Dragon so I am very curious. The mats are insane though. A lot of buffs wow. Hope it's all translated soon.

So they are buffing the first set of mp dragons. I have Shiva Dragon and Yomi Dragon so I am very curious. The mats are insane though. A lot of buffs wow. Hope it's all translated soon.

Yessssss, I might finally use my RaDra now

Edit: Just saw the mats. RIP. I'm not saying that's impossible for me to do currently, but I think I'd need a solid Gremory co-op partner for arena 2/3.

ccbfan

Well I wasn't gonna roll this godfest but dear lord on the Ult Awokens. Love the fact that Gungho is willing to make old Gods useful.

Ult Awoken Greek 1
Choose 3 color 75% damage reduction (Plus one of the color 2x damage) + easy 36x (Thats 5x+ damage from awoken version)?
Insane stats?

I still have my best friend, I always have Gremory in slot 1 and a panda in slot 2

Used to float a Ra, a Kirin, Yomidra, a Luci. But now it's all on those (which are good enough unless I can start drawing better.

So looking for Gremory leads to swap BFs with.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I had some stamina I didn't care about so I decided to try my hand at the Great Tengu descend since I saw it was only master/legend difficulty and tho there was some struggle I beat both on my first try. Beat master with Bacetet and then since I was pretty sure I didn't see any preemptives I tried the 2nd one with Ronove (tho the ninja floor did have a preemptive). That's the first descend I ever cleared on my own.

Bladelaw

MP dragon evos...what the hell?

They need it to continue to be worth the cost but a fucking radar dragon for evo materials?

There was chatter of a second version of the ultimate descended rush having the dragons. Are those stonable? And are the dragons 100% in there? Really I'd only be interested in Ra or Yomi (WAAAAY more interested in Yomi) but lucking into a Zeus/Hera dragon drop in Arena 3 doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.

It's that weird RPG thing of "If you can earn it, you don't need it" I'm really curious what the stats/awakenings will be. Maybe give Ra Dragon an SBR and more flexible activation to make him comparable to Roots, but given the costs I feel like the buffs would need to be more substantial.

LiQuid!

Why would you skill up Ame no Uzume when you know she's getting an awoken form very soon

I've been collecting birds to skill up my Ame. People on PADx seem to think the awoken form is bad. Only 1 new awakening (a fire row), barely any stat increase over the RB Ame. Also I need the RB typing for my Ronove team anyways, so I won't be going to her awoken form unless it got significant buffs.

MP dragon evos...what the hell?

They need it to continue to be worth the cost but a fucking radar dragon for evo materials?

There was chatter of a second version of the ultimate descended rush having the dragons. Are those stonable? And are the dragons 100% in there? Really I'd only be interested in Ra or Yomi (WAAAAY more interested in Yomi) but lucking into a Zeus/Hera dragon drop in Arena 3 doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.

It's that weird RPG thing of "If you can earn it, you don't need it" I'm really curious what the stats/awakenings will be. Maybe give Ra Dragon an SBR and more flexible activation to make him comparable to Roots, but given the costs I feel like the buffs would need to be more substantial.

The buff to the original MP dragons has to be substantial to justify the cost, so I'm expecting them to rocket up the tier list. If I had to guess, I'd say they'd leverage killer awakenings. And new leader skills obviously.

Anyone want to run Tamar with me? Got stamina to kill on my lunch hour. I have it now until 12:30 pm EST. Can button it if you bring a decent amount of SBs, but I don't really care.

LiQuid!

Just realized PCGF is coming soon. I think I am going to save my stones for that instead of rolling on this.

I really really want a Kaede but god damn it I already own 6 or 7 of the GFEs on day 2 I can't handle any more dupes.

Bladelaw

The buff to the original MP dragons has to be substantial to justify the cost, so I'm expecting them to rocket up the tier list. If I had to guess, I'd say they'd leverage killer awakenings. And new leader skills obviously.

Anyone want to run Tamar with me? Got stamina to kill on my lunch hour. I have it now until 12:30 pm EST. Can button it if you bring a decent amount of SBs, but I don't really care.

Killers seems obvious given super evos rarely (ever?) change leader skills but I'm hoping for something a little more creative. If they're going whole hog I could see them baking the tank stats from the radar dragons into the MP dragons leaderskills along with a few new awakenings, SBR for Ra Dragon plz.

New folks should take you up on the offer to button through tamas.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I <3 Tama day! I'm drowning in delicious awakening goodies!

Also, where did you see that PCGF is coming up soon? I could use a lot of stuff from both days (minus Ronove ffffff).

LiQuid!

Didn't see it anywhere, but I've seen multiple people say to expect it within the next few GFs.

Speaking of tamadra day, I need something like 30+ tamas with all the cards I've been evoing lately. I briefly considered stoning to get some extra runs in but then I remembered I got the tama infest in my mailbox from one of the quest rewards. If one of you guys needs tamas and wants to run that with me repeatedly sometime later this weekend when I can max out my bar lemme know.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Didn't see it anywhere, but I've seen multiple people say to expect it within the next few GFs.

Speaking of tamadra day, I need something like 30+ tamas with all the cards I've been evoing lately. I briefly considered stoning to get some extra runs in but then I remembered I got the tama infest in my mailbox from one of the quest rewards. If one of you guys needs tamas and wants to run that with me repeatedly sometime later this weekend when I can max out my bar lemme know.

Tamas are the only dungeon I stone right now. I need so many and they are SO useful that I don't mind it. I have 10+ Tamas and 40+ babies in my box right now. I hate having unawoken monsters on my squad, especially considering the boosts and benefits they provide.

E: I intend to run more over lunch here in a few.

I still have ~20 tamas from when I first started and got a ton in the mail; I just clear out my mailbox whenever I need to awaken something.

I wish the free skillup monsters (piis I think?) were given out like candy like the tamas.

LiQuid!

hpApZd1.png

:(

This is only the more important half of what I need.

Okamid3n

I've rolled so many LTron in my PAD life, but I know that even with more buffs, she'd still probably not be that good.

On the other hand, I have two Tsubaki, perfect subs for her and none of her sisters. I'm glad she's getting buffed.

Bladelaw

The troll in me was hoping for Australis to get buffed. I'm happy Tsubaki's getting a buff I'm just hoping it doesn't step on Kenshin too much. I'd be happy with her leaderskill getting some tank (+HP/RCV for dragons?) and maybe a skill boost awakening.

Unless they want to go crazy and super charge her. I'm ok with that too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's the deal with the MP Shop Puppet monsters? Are they actually good?

E: Also, I'm probably going to buy Nordis tonight. Anyone want to help me out? I want to work on my Myr.

Bladelaw

What's the deal with the MP Shop Puppet monsters? Are they actually good?

E: Also, I'm probably going to buy Nordis tonight. Anyone want to help me out? I want to work on my Myr.

The puppets are gimmicks at best. They are currently the most consistent method to cheese Arena 3 as you can build a tank team that absorbs 100% damage from whatever element the puppet of your choosing convert enemies to. It takes FOREVER to run (45min-1 Hour) but hey those radar dragons won't earn themselves.

Re: Nordis, I can probably help later tonight if no one else is able. It's gonna be a long work day.

Top Bottom