• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

J0dy77

I'll throw a roll at day one, don't really want much from this gf. Going to burn some stones on tamadra retreat today instead. Did they implement the changes in the US to the 100 stamina version to guarantee at least one full tamadra? Or is it still better to run the 50 stam?

Bladelaw

I'll throw a roll at day one, don't really want much from this gf. Going to burn some stones on tamadra retreat today instead. Did they implement the changes in the US to the 100 stamina version to guarantee at least one full tamadra? Or is it still better to run the 50 stam?

Unless you're looking for Odin skill ups the 50 stam version is the one to run.

Jagernaut

Mp dragons getting an evo. Anyone see the requirements?

Crazy. Absolutely nuts better be the best cards in the game again.

Having radar dragons and M Zeus/M Hera as evo mats is crazy. Many people won't be able to get the mats.

Satsuki was shafted, only 1 of those dragon callers to not get an ult evo. I have 3 and they don't fit in my current teams.

J0dy77

Man, I'm regretting not investing in any of the MP dragons now. Good to see that they're going to come back to the cards to make the investment worthwhile even if the meta changes quickly.

Having radar dragons and M Zeus/M Hera as evo mats is crazy. Many people won't be able to get the mats.

Satsuki was shafted, only 1 of those dragon callers to not get an ult evo. I have 3 and they don't fit in my current teams.

My first +297 was Satsuki, back when +eggs were hard to come by. She was a sub on my Typhon team and got egged first because of the damage she did. Haven't used her since and have 1 or 2 dupes. Would love a place for her even just as a sub.

I asked a few days ago about the effectiveness of the new Anima in co-op. I got it up and running with my alt, and it's a really good brainless farm team. Underleveled and even missing awakenings, I cleared all of the light challenge other than Seraphis with him. Worth the minimal investment if you have him just to add to your potential co-op options.

hermit7

Are the radar dragons available in us outside of arena?

Bladelaw

Are the radar dragons available in us outside of arena?

There's going to be another harder version of Ultimate Descended Rush (Gathering of Talents) coming with Radar Dragons and the Machine Gods as spawns. Not sure about the stonability or coop friendliness of it though. Depending on drop rates and spawn chances it could prove more viable than Arena 3

Bladelaw

I've been working through the buffs seeing what I should be excited for. To me the most interesting are the Armor Knights and Gemstone Princesses. Instead of a 1 turn buff it's 2 turns. This makes the 14 turn cooldown for the gems much more tolerable.

Legendary heroes are even better than before. Napoleon becomes an even more vital part of a Kenshin and Tsubaki team (wish I had one :( ). Barbarossa now guarantees 2 water combos making him Sarasvati's BFF. Nobunaga is dark's best bind clear and an amazing sub/lead on a number of teams the extra turn is awesome. Robin Hood probably got the most substantial buff guaranteeing 2 combos more frequently is huge for him and his teams. Yang Guifei's buff is welcome putting it on par with Sherias Roots and certainly more useful for her, ADQXQ, and Sakuya.

Lumiel and Famiel hitting all enemies for 100k true damage. So there's two more real buttons in my box.

Gran/Reverse teams will be interesting to see. My Non-IAP alt's roots team will appreciate the buffs.

The new Reincarnated Evolutions look awesome. straight up amazing art.

Ducarmel

Buffs are alright

I was hoping REM cards would be spared reincarnation evos and instead we would get

Jg6AwEg.png

Maybe 2 years from now

Not looking forward to evo mats for MP card UEvo's.

EDIT:Wat those colored Kali/Sakuya cards are PEM rolls. LOL

Kreed

I wouldn't mind the crazy evo mats/requirements for some of these monsters if they weren't getting quickly replaced by the latest and greatest Leader Skills from monsters with a lot less work involved to get them to their best forms.

b33r

Got to Kali in arena 2 with Summyr and didn't realize I couldn't tank that first hit like arena 1. Lesson learned I guess, will have to inherit a extra shield or attack multiplier for it. I just want the stone for it and to try arena 3 for the radar dragons, won't touch it again after the first time I beat it.

Vishnu is a big pain in the ass in there too.

W-00

Tsubaki got the buff? Figures that it would be the only one of the four I don't have. Good for folks that have her, though. Hopefully she'll be comparable to her sisters now.

Of course, you all realize that Satsuki is just biding her time, waiting, and that eventually she shall return and reign destruction upon all of the unfaithful, right?

Bladelaw

Of course, you all realize that Satsuki is just biding her time, waiting, and that eventually she shall return and reign destruction upon all of the unfaithful, right?

I sure as hell hope so. There better be a reason I'm holding on to four.

Tsubaki got the buff? Figures that it would be the only one of the four I don't have. Good for folks that have her, though. Hopefully she'll be comparable to her sisters now.

Satsuki's ult was announced but no details were provided. I'd say to look at Kanna for guidance on what she'll get but the other dimension dragoncallers got quite different evolutions so who knows

yami4ct

Wow. That's a big group of announcements.

It was pretty clear when Reincarnation Evos got announced that they were the next step for Awoken cards. I'll be interested to see if any take off. I'm shocked we're getting so many all at once.

MP Dragon UUevos is the best news. I really, really hope GungHo takes them seriously and makes the relevant again. Good timing since RaDra just dropped out of the major tier lists.

I think making Radar Dragons mats for these guys makes perfect sense as long as they're good enough to justify the cost. I think the only problem right now is that the Radar dragons are arena exclusive. Hopefully we'll see their dungeons introduced into normal Descends as they become mats.

b33r

Any JP players know what the rules are for the dungeon that's in there today? It's kind oh whiteish colored which I haven't seen before and I can't figure out a team it will let me enter as.

Any JP players know what the rules are for the dungeon that's in there today? It's kind oh whiteish colored which I haven't seen before and I can't figure out a team it will let me enter as.

Requires a green Noel to enter. They changed how the Noel campaign works for this new event and you have to beat the silver colored Mion for it to count (and since the game enforces party composition you won't be stuck wondering if it counted or not anymore)

b33r

Requires a green Noel to enter. They changed how the Noel campaign works for this new event and you have to beat the silver colored Mion for it to count (and since the game enforces party composition you won't be stuck wondering if it counted or not anymore)

That explains it, thanks a ton, was getting frustrated.

ccbfan

Anyone extremely excited about pairing ult awoken Minerva with tsubaki?

Around 50x damage and many levels of scaling downward for damage shield.
50 dam reduction on red,light,dark.
2x damage on one of the colors not protected.
Whatever tsubaki buff will be.
A bunch of low cd monsters that would is well with skill inheritance.
Tsubaki system.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Huge shout-out to bladelaw (again). Helped me get Nordis, Threedia, and my 5 Dragon Canopus. So very close to that first Myr evo...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have become incredibly jealous of my alt's Oda. I need to get me a proper line/blob lead on my main.

W-00

I have become incredibly jealous of my alt's Oda. I need to get me a proper line/blob lead on my main.

Your Australis is a viable green row/blob lead. Granted, for optimal power you need machine subs which are rather rare, but you can pair him with a friend's Perseus or ALB for a better multiplier.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just ate all the skillup monsters I've been hoarding for the last week since it's x4. 1/16 skillups.

Just did a yolo pull for GF, Sherias dupe.

Just did a yolo pull on the alt, Dragon rider.

I'm done.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Couple pulls this morning. Notable pulls include Zuoh, GrOdin, Gronia, DQXD, Verdandi, and Leilan. Happy with Zuoh more than anything since he seems like a staple on a lot of Pandora teams.

Kreed

Hera 297 was definitely much easier than Zeus, mainly because Hera herself wasn't buffed nearly as much as Zeus was (the main issues I had with Zeus 297 initially was dealing enough damage to kill him in addition to the locked orbs).

fek

Happy with my pulls on JP PCGF. Did 10 pulls and got Rozuel, my most wanted monster from the lineup and Nobunaga, one of the two carnival exclusives I didn't have yet.

The plan...

The plan was, I was going to pull once this morning since I don't have any of the Three Kingdoms gods and only one Indian I god, and once tomorrow morning since I have none of the Japanese I gods and none of the Norns... then after my first pull I said "f*ck it" and went all in with five pulls.

Indra
Ivory Dragon (dupe, sold)
Shiva (dupe)
Lu Bu
Denebola

Bladelaw

I'm really hoping for DQXQ. pretty much the only piece missing in my Myr team.
E: Way too many fucking rolls for a bunch of disappointment. Some decent rolls but no Napoleon, no DQXQ.

Keeping:
Saria dupe
Masamune
Minerva
Berserker z (useful inherit skill)
Antares
Woodbahn (useful skill)
Cao Cao dupe
Earth dragon swordsman
Vritra (one of the things I actually wanted)
Satsuki number 5....
Parvati dupe

Sold a bunch of zuoh's since I have 3 max skilled and a bunch of random trash. Very poor showing for the featured pantheons.

Actually you know what Sherias Roots and Saria in 11 rolls is a good return on investment

Just wish that literally any of the other rolls were part of the PCGF

I guess I can also feel good about buying Ra Dragon now that I have two full rainbow changers? I don't think I have the capability to run any of the crazy dungeons for the upcoming uvo though...

Bladelaw

Myr made short work of 297 Hera. I needed a Thor inherit. Board was Apoc-->elia-->Thor. Managed to use a setsu board to hit the combo check.

Team was Myr, Apoc, Wukong, Elia, saria, Myr(Thor).

EDIT: Ok I give up trying to get DQXQ. I'm just going to go the Venus inherits Saria route. I wish I could reliably get her skill up. They really need to do with the Greco roman skill up monsters like they did with heroes and armored knights, having to evo monsters for a chance at a skill up sucks. I know the evo'ed versions pop out of the rare monster pal but it's a shitty way around an already shitty system. I might break down and just Shynpy her.

10x rolls of trash, I got Ilm but also 2 LKali dupes, Shiva dupe, Gadius, Sherias, and a bunch of no-names

I just wanted ONE of the two pantheons that wasn't shiva :(

b33r

I rolled all of my pal points I had saved in JP. No Kali or Sakuya unfortunately, but it was enough fodder to make 2 +297 mules.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Myr made short work of 297 Hera. I needed a Thor inherit. Board was Apoc-->elia-->Thor. Managed to use a setsu board to hit the combo check.

Team was Myr, Apoc, Wukong, Elia, saria, Myr(Thor).

EDIT: Ok I give up trying to get DQXQ. I'm just going to go the Venus inherits Saria route. I wish I could reliably get her skill up. They really need to do with the Greco roman skill up monsters like they did with heroes and armored knights, having to evo monsters for a chance at a skill up sucks. I know the evo'ed versions pop out of the rare monster pal but it's a shitty way around an already shitty system. I might break down and just Shynpy her.

I used You Yu...and it was quite easy. Zero stoned it in the first try.
Somehow Hera feels easier than Zeus because you can charge skils here and there.

Isis inherited ASusano, and frd You Yu inherited Indra. Prepared for a long battle against Hera because of the 7-combo shield. Somehow Hera is 1-shotted...using 5+3+3+3 water combos (Skuld+Nut gave me a really nice board, lucky).

Okamid3n

I said I wouldn't roll in this godfest but...I did one courtesy roll because I wanted DQXQ that badly for my Myr.

I rolled...DQXQ. Literally the only thing I wanted. Woooooooow!

Now I'm definitely done rolling.

Top Bottom