• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Been reading about Fenrir a bit today. I think my first Fenrir team will be:

2641.png
2641.png
2553.png
2639.png
1217.png

Denebola is sort of my wildcard here. On one hand, jammers. On another, as I don't have an Isis, Kush may be a better choice for her shield. LTron needs to be there to cover light, plus her being an unbindable bind reducer seems like a nice perk. We'll see. Gotta just start pumping levels into these monsters.

Am I missing anything or overlooking anything?

I can get to Hera super easy with Gremory, haven't been able to get past her combo shield. Hit 7 combos once, but didn't do enough damage. I'll have to look at some heart cross ideal boards when I try again.

Rolled on my alt this morning:
Sun Quan
Lumiel (dupe)
Lu Bu

Wrong LB, but I guess that saves me from having to skill Dios on my alt. It'd be nice to have an ALB alt, though I definitely don't want to start a 3rd account

Used probably 6 stones on Hera 297 with Thoria. Thought I could power through and and get lucky. No luck. Way harder than Zeus IMO since it's harder to plan on getting 7 combos. Once I had the right team with the right skills I did Zeus in one try.

W-00

I told myself I was going to wait for Day 2 to roll. But I noticed that I had a few more stones than I expected and decided to make a single roll on my main today. I was punished with a Basilisk.

Dr_LawyerCop's post just reminded me that my alt could really use a Liu Bei, so I decided to roll on it. I got the same LB as he did. However, I took that as a sign and decided to roll again. And got Shining Dragon Knight. I took that as a sign to stop.

Oh well, at least Lu Bu will be good for my alt's devil team.

I still have my preset as well.

Sorry, I've arranged something through PMs.

Okamid3n

I said I wouldn't roll in this godfest but...I did one courtesy roll because I wanted DQXQ that badly for my Myr.

I rolled...DQXQ. Literally the only thing I wanted. Woooooooow!

Now I'm definitely done rolling.

30 minutes later, she's now hypermaxed awoken form. Man, this game is so much more convenient now than it was a year ago. Love it.

Trying to resist rolling again because I need DQXQ for Myr.

Chasing cards never ends well

e: Cosmo, Liquid, finally got my Bacetet up in Slot 1

b33r

4 more stones into Hera with ADQXQ. Never raged stoned before. Feels bad man.

Yeah I like the Zeus one better too. Combo shields are a weakness, when they aren't there I combo fine... I found a You Yu friend I my list that has a 3 turn dark null. Tried it and flubbed the combo shield twice and got it on the third try but didn't have enough orbs/actives to kill rip.

I'll be able to do it with that lead eventually.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So these later game technical dungeons are starting to get tough. I'm doing one of the 40 stam ones and I was doing SO GOOD up until the boss then I couldn't put a combo together to save my life. Died. Oh well. Try again. Die on the 2nd floor to some god damned carbuncles. Then while I was fuming my finger accidentally hit YES to use a stone to continue. FUCK. On some stupid no-name technical dungeon.

J0dy77

After all that talk yesterday, turns out that Sherias Roots is really freaking good. Spent this morning leveling him and my second dark Kali. Ran the quest tamadra dungeon and put all the pluses I had laying around to almost hypermax the team. Then proceeded to one shot +297 Hera mostly blind. Started checking preemptive skills when clearing became a real possibility. That 6 combo shield on Hera would have been a nightmare with Myr.

I loved the orb match meta and now I get to bring back kirin and susano and finally have a dragon team after all these years.

If anyone has him I highly recommend investing if you have the subs.

Edit: wasn't all good today, godfest sucked. Two silver eggs.

J0dy77

30 minutes later, she's now hypermaxed awoken form. Man, this game is so much more convenient now than it was a year ago. Love it.

I agree and I love the change. With the meta changing so quickly I don't worry about investing into a team. I used the 50 pal rolls on enhance dragon this morning, used two snow globes and maxed out three cards doing it that were level 1 base this morning.

The old days it was agony trying to figure out if you had just the right pieces for a team and if it was worth investing your + eggs.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
I think there's one going on in Japan right now. I'd be surprised if we got ours before November.
That works for me. More time to save up some stones.

I told myself I wasn't going to spend more than $20 on this game for the remainder of the year. If my wallet can survive the next player's choice. I just need to make it through a month or two and I've succeeded with my $20 goal.

The old days it was agony trying to figure out if you had just the right pieces for a team and if it was worth investing your + eggs.

I'm so glad I started playing this game a few months ago. Sounds like you all had it rough back then. Did you guys have those increased rates on plus egg drops like we have now?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Experience of a Lifetime AND a fortuitous rank up during EKMD, my consolation prize for being a dumbshit and wasting stones on nonsense!

J0dy77

I'm so glad I started playing this game a few months ago. Sounds like you all had it rough back then. Did you guys have those increased rates on plus egg drops like we have now?

Not even close. The very early days you rarely ever saw a plus egg. The first events and original farming for plus eggs was done in King of God's or oceans of heaven during 1.5x drop rate, not even plus drop rate. A good run would be 2 eggs and most had 1 or none. This was all during the days of 10 minute stamina as well.

All these changes were made so that new players had a way of catching up with older players. It's better for everyone, gung-ho continues to do a great job with the game. They've kept me playing for four plus years now. Crazy to think how long the game has kept my interest.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

PAD has changed SO MUCH. It's really impossible to understand unless you played during those days.

Example:

ADK Hera in 10 minutes was amazing and mind blowing at the time.

Having a +297 monster back then was no joke. +eggs were slow to trickle in.

E: The 10m stam recharge was torture. And so was trying to get your first Rainbow Keeper.

Bladelaw

Rolled on my alt and got Dantalion. Finally rolled a leader I can build a team for.

Dantalion, Uriel, Uriel, Urd, Antares seems like it would do alright.

LiQuid!

I've been running Castle of Satan for about 5 hours give or take since it's double exp and free rank ups for my alt. Been trying to get a Succubus and maybe a Vampire to raise on my Oda team. I've gotten 12 or 13 tamadra invades so far and haven't seen a succubus drop. Saw the vampire show up about 4-5 times but he hasn't dropped an egg, only a gold chest one time. These drop rates are insaaaane.

Wait why are you still running Castle of Satan? You should be able to take on KotG by now, and the experience per stamina ratio is better on normal KotG than even double exp CoS. There are zero preemptives so a single heart cross should let you mow throw it mindlessly with Ronove, assuming you have decent-ish subs.

I've been running Castle of Satan for about 5 hours give or take since it's double exp and free rank ups for my alt. Been trying to get a Succubus and maybe a Vampire to raise on my Oda team. I've gotten 12 or 13 tamadra invades so far and haven't seen a succubus drop. Saw the vampire show up about 4-5 times but he hasn't dropped an egg, only a gold chest one time. These drop rates are insaaaane.
I think all of the healer girls are waaaaay easier to get once you unlock the Sky Dragons' Domain dungeons. If you can run the normal dungeons up to that point you'll have a much easier time getting a Succubus to drop there.

LiQuid!

I think all of the healer girls are waaaaay easier to get once you unlock the Sky Dragons' Domain dungeons. If you can run the normal dungeons up to that point you'll have a much easier time getting a Succubus to drop there.

Ya, my alt is super low rank so that's far flung future and it's free rank exp for now so figure it's worth grinding there, even if the chances are slim. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with all these tamadras tho. I've got 6 of them sitting in my box with nothing to use them on. I wish I had this problem on my main acct.

Wait why are you still running Castle of Satan? You should be able to take on KotG by now, and the experience per stamina ratio is better on normal KotG than even double exp CoS. There are zero preemptives so a single heart cross should let you mow throw it mindlessly with Ronove, assuming you have decent-ish subs.
mob u goofball I'm playing on my shitty alt!

jiggle

i started playing again during downtime on my trip
still waiting to recover my jpn alt, but got my main alt back

Jin never deleted me
*sniffs*

how in the world did dragon callers become top tier
they were such trash pull XD

looks like i need to get an ALB team going lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So how do you button Dios? I know I won't have the team for it, but I'd like to build a supporting team so that I might be able to farm some skill ups.

LiQuid!

I just fed a bunch of tamadras to robin hood and oda I hope they're max awoken when I evo them later.

Did some day 2 pulls and got Krishna on my alt and some Angel on main. Urinal or some shit. Better than day 1 but nothing I was looking for.

Bladelaw

I just fed a bunch of tamadras to robin hood and oda I hope they're max awoken when I evo them later.

Did some day 2 pulls and got Krishna on my alt and some Angel on main. Urinal or some shit. Better than day 1 but nothing I was looking for.

Uriel is useful for a few teams and Krishna is going to be an amazing leader in the near future (month or 2)

Edit: So Star Thieves Treasure Den is tomorrow. Anyone not in group E interested in running for their hour? I'm looking to Hyper max the components to anaphon and maybe Awoken Cao Cao. I snagged Vritra this GF so I only need 10 SB from my partner to be up turn 1. I'm in group E so I do plan on running for that entire time block (whenever that is).

W-00

I just pulled two Salamanders in a row. I think I'm going to wait for this terrible luck to wear off before I make my last pull of the day.

Is there any point where one of Salamanders evolutions might be useful?

EDIT: Just rolled Phoenix Rider on my alt. Yeah, I'm done with this GF.

LiQuid!

I just realized that me accidentally wasting that stone yesterday was coerced/designed by GungHo and I'm kind of mad about it. Every time you win in a dungeon there's that "tip" text popup on the lower half of the screen you have to tap your way thru and when you fail the "spend stone to continue" dialog box is in the exact same spot, so if you're like me and raging at the game and just trying to tape thru quickly the end the dungeon it's very easy to mistakenly use a stone if you aren't careful.

Now that dungeons are hard enough for me to fail I need to unlearn this muscle memory. Totally stupid and totally by design. I wonder how many stones have been spent just like mine.

I just pulled two Salamanders in a row. I think I'm going to wait for this terrible luck to wear off before I make my last pull of the day.

Is there any point where one of Salamanders evolutions might be useful?

EDIT: Just rolled Phoenix Rider on my alt. Yeah, I'm done with this GF.

Phoenix rider is good in coop, though I've admittedly never used mine. Nice to have I guess.

I just realized that me accidentally wasting that stone yesterday was coerced/designed by GungHo and I'm kind of mad about it. Every time you win in a dungeon there's that "tip" text popup on the lower half of the screen you have to tap your way thru and when you fail the "spend stone to continue" dialog box is in the exact same spot, so if you're like me and raging at the game and just trying to tape thru quickly the end the dungeon it's very easy to mistakenly use a stone if you aren't careful.

Now that dungeons are hard enough for me to fail I need to unlearn this muscle memory. Totally stupid and totally by design. I wonder how many stones have been spent just like mine.

In 400+ days of playing, I'd put the number of mistaken rage continues around 4 or 6. Happens to everyone I think, but luckily not too often for me anymore.

Jagernaut

Even worse is when you let one of your kids use your phone to watch YouTube and come back later to see 3 or more stones wasted on continues or stamina refills. Feels bad. Wish I could password lock certain apps.

LiQuid!

Just yolo pulled and got Amaterasu. I think I might have a decent light team somewhere in my box if I could ever get the things level'd, evo'd and awoken'd.

Got enough stones for a couple more pulls but I'm quitting while I'm ahead, something I should have done both days of the last gf.

Even worse is when you let one of your kids use your phone to watch YouTube and come back later to see 3 or more stones wasted on continues or stamina refills. Feels bad. Wish I could password lock certain apps.
On Android you can pin an app to the lockscreen. Won't have access to any other apps without unlocking.

W-00

Just yolo pulled and got Amaterasu. I think I might have a decent light team somewhere in my box if I could ever get the things level'd, evo'd and awoken'd.

That's a very nice pull! Awoken Amaterasu was my first +297, my first hypermax, and my first pentamax. I haven't used her very much since I woke my Pandora, but my Amaterasu was absolutely vital for getting the materials to wake Pandora.

Amaterasu (in Awoken form) is one of the best stalling leaders in the game. Basically, if the enemy can't one-shot you, they just plain can't kill you, because with your A. Ama and a friend's A. Ama you'll probably be healing more than your total HP every turn you make a match. Her two main weaknesses are low team HP (since she doesn't have an HP multiplier) and poison. The former can be mollified by teaming up with a Raphael or LMeta at the cost of part of the damage multiplier and lower healing, while for the latter you basically need a board change (or just something that gets rid of poison).

As an example of a situation where you'd want to lead with A. Ama: Hanuman. With A. Ama, you can just plain stall through his 99-turn shield. It's really tedious, but you're in basically no danger while doing so. The only catch is that you need a nuke to get through his last 10% once his shield is down (I prefer Raph -> LValk).

If anyone is especially bored today, could I get some advice about what to do with my box? I feel like I have a lot of good leaders and a lot of good subs, but not many that actually match. Also if I have a better "safe" green team than Verd (leader)/Perseus/Osiris/CuChu/Reincarnated ADKZ I would absolutely love to switch things around.

I'm just tired of having a bunch of (supposedly) strong cards but not being able to go any higher than Legend, and having to chance things with Ronove. And I do insane damage when the Ronove train starts rolling but the sub pool is tough because of a lack of good subs and team cost restrictions :(.

LiQuid!

Ya I dunno how to make the jump to late game either. Every time I get into a mechanics heavy situation I feel like either my brain or my team isn't up to the task but I can't determine in what way. Do I need 7 seconds of time extend to do a full board combo with Bacetet the way I see streamers do it, or do I need to just get better? Ronove with my subs is doable in theory but making a cross + 3/4 att combo with the amount of time extend I have is just not feasible without a lot of luck, so I only use him for normals. With Bacetet I can fudge my way to wins more often than not, but since I can't full combo the board with my 3-4 seconds of TE all I can do is just plan out the best possible route to get a 4-5 combo and then hope the skyfall is kind.

Also starting to feel like not having actives skilled up and/or not having the right actives (another problem with having marginal subs) to combat trickier situations is becoming a big problem. I've got like 3-4 different actives on my Bacetet team that negate armor. That's so redundant and stupid, I should have more utility and a better orb changer (still working on slotting in CuChu, but he doesn't fit in my team cost atm). Doesn't feel like someone giving me more box tips than Bladelaw already has is going to help. Few more ranks and I won't have to worry about team cost for the foreseeable future at least. The goat-tier rem pulls on the other hand may never come.

W-00

If anyone is especially bored today, could I get some advice about what to do with my box? I feel like I have a lot of good leaders and a lot of good subs, but not many that actually match. Also if I have a better "safe" green team than Verd (leader)/Perseus/Osiris/CuChu/Reincarnated ADKZ I would absolutely love to switch things around.

Switch Verdandi and Perseus around and try to focus on making rows of green orbs (or rows +4 more attached). You should do considerably more damage like that. Once they're ready (evo'd and awoken), swap in Australis and your Avalon Drakes to replace the other three. That should make a pretty darn good Perseus team, especially once they get some skill levels.

I'm just tired of having a bunch of (supposedly) strong cards but not being able to go any higher than Legend, and having to chance things with Ronove. And I do insane damage when the Ronove train starts rolling but the sub pool is tough because of a lack of good subs and team cost restrictions :(.

If you want a brainless co-op team, work on your Anima and fire dragon/devil subs (Ronia, Gadius, Tsubaki). You could clear a lot of content just matching red orbs. The one thing is that it'd be a lot of work to get it up to speed and I'm not entirely sure how popular Anima is in co-op. I run him but it's because I have him on my main and alt. Just an out there kind of suggestion. It'd be a very easy team to play. I'll mess around with mine and let you know if I can clear Myr.

Minerva is also getting an interesting buff, so it might be worth developing your fire box.

Thanks folks. I know TPA teams are not the tea right now but it's frustrating trying to work on a row/blob team without skillups, which are an absolute pain to find and farm :(.

Thanks folks. I know TPA teams are not the tea right now but it's frustrating trying to work on a row/blob team without skillups, which are an absolute pain to find and farm :(.

One thing that really helped me was to just skill up my monsters when they were easily available, not when I planned to utilize them. Like Tsubaki right now. You have her and you might want to use her eventually, now is the best time to skill her up. You never know when a monster is going to get buffed or find a team to be utilized on, so it's always worth seeing what skill ups are easily available for stuff already in your box.

Edit - Also, Anima can totally farm Myr. I haven't got the clear yet, but I just need to figure out all the utilities needed. Running a dark team on my main I have access to D/R Haku and Zouh for dragon killers, which crushes everything. Just need to get Thanatos on someone. Probably going to be how I skill her up on both accounts. This has been a pretty fun project so far.

I'm terrified of Myr, looking at PADx.

Last night and today I looked at all the skillup materials in my box and used them for the 4x event and before the rotation this week. I really wish PADherder had up-to-date skills and skillup information; I had to go through each attribute individually and click through to see which skills matched up :/

It was tough to let go of some of those multicolored fruits and blue masks and devilits and get ~4 or 5 skillups total from my entire box :(

The life of the grind, I guess. I just want a team that can at least reliably farm the weekday dungeons at all levels... I can cheese my way through some guerrilla stuff like tamadra dungeons and EKMD with a red odin friend.

Got the anima Myr clear, on the first attempt with Thanatos as a sub. Got a little lucky with skyfall heals a couple spots, and my Thanatos needs a couple more skills up to be ready when I need him, but it wasn't bad at all. Wish I would have thought of this sooner, now I'm not stuck trying to find ALB partners for skill ups and I can get my alt ready to go at the same time.

Top Bottom