• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Ducarmel

Anyone on my friends list: do you regularly make more use of my Xiang Mei or Myr?

I'm trying to decide if I'm rotating out Xiang Mei and slide Myr into the "Always up" slot or not.

lol we are bff and I only keep my XM up because I assumed you still might use it.

Ever since Liu Bie/Dios and now finishing my Gremory to get in on the heart meta action it been months since I played with XM.

I want to say I kind of regret buying her, hopefully if she gets a good ultimate maybe one day I will return to her, but for now I would not mind dropping XM from my active team slots.

I don't use Myr but if your friends list is shifting to her go ahead.

J0dy77

lol we are bff and I only keep my XM up because I assumed you still might use it.

Ever since Liu Bie/Dios and now finishing my Gremory to get in on the heart meta action it been months since I played with XM.

I want to say I kind of regret buying her, hopefully if she gets a good ultimate maybe one day I will return to her, but for now I would not mind dropping XM from my active team slots.

I had this feeling about XM as well. Not sure why I've fallen out of favor with her, she's still a great lead but any chance I can use another team I do it. I moved her out of my first slot over the weekend and put her in the two spot.

I don't regret buying her because she allowed me to max skill Myr by herself and is still a great lead. I think it's just the slower grinding style wears people out. Something about the all or wipe style of Myr that I like.

Anyone on my friends list: do you regularly make more use of my Xiang Mei or Myr?

I'm trying to decide if I'm rotating out Xiang Mei and slide Myr into the "Always up" slot or not.

Currently I'm looking at having this layout:
Always Up: Myr
BFF Slot: Xiang Mei
Rotating:
Kenshin
A. Lucifer
Sarasvati
Kaede
Sumire
Ra Dragon.

Just saw Blade's post after my post on the new page. I did that exact same thing over the weekend. I'm running Myr in always up, XM in BF and rotating Sherias Roots, Sumire, Liu Bei and Urd. Krishna is giong to slot in there somewhere once he's awoken. I'm feeding all + to that team now.

Bladelaw

Xiang Mei was my insurance policy if a dungeon proved to be too rough for Awoken Lucifer/Pandora. Given Myr does the same thing but more reliably her utility has dropped quite a bit to me. I don't regret the purchase as my first C10 clears were with her and I don't think I'd have managed to get to Kali in Arena without her until the crosses came.

Once we get Anaphon and Uevo Krishna I see my main three teams being Myr, Anaphon and Krishna. ALB/Mech Zeus|Hera will still rule Coop for me but for any time I'm rocking solo I'll be using those teams.

I need to organize some Myr coop Arena runs at some point. It's a pretty chill trip for most spawns and with the HP boost from a partner you can cross tank Kali's damage check counter attack. It looks like a pretty reliable way to get Piis. Sopdet's a PITA but manageable with either a delay, or plinking away with rows and no cross. Kagu is really the only other serious threat and delay/poison works on him too. I say all this because I'm desperately short on Pys of all flavors due to ALB shenanigans with inheritance.

b33r

cDTXus4

Just need a couple attack +s on 2nd Akechi, everyone is already max skilled. Once Ana and Akechi uvo hits this will be my main team. I do not have enough badpys to max skill anaphon yet, that is the final hurdle.

Cannot wait to use this team.

Edit: Why is my image broken? It works if you click on it, but I cannot figure out why it doesn't just show it.

jay23

I need to use my bf on someone before the reset, my leads are adqxq, awoken cao cao, panda, and kaede.

Multiplayer has changed so much that I hardly ever run stuff solo. I'll still make sure to use your lead everyday so you get the pal points.

If I don't find anyone I'll probably use it on one of you gaffers on my friends list.

Bladelaw

Just need a couple attack +s on 2nd Akechi, everyone is already max skilled. Once Ana and Akechi uvo hits this will be my main team. I do not have enough badpys to max skill anaphon yet, that is the final hurdle.

Cannot wait to use this team.

Same boat. I'm guessing end of the month for Akechi and praying end of the week for Ana. I'm looking into Arena runs to load up on Badpys. Solo is doable but coop is a much more relaxed experience since there usually more room for error. Plus stamina discount.

b33r

Same boat. I'm guessing end of the month for Akechi and praying end of the week for Ana. I'm looking into Arena runs to load up on Badpys. Solo is doable but coop is a much more relaxed experience since there usually more room for error. Plus stamina discount.

If you are planning on putting her in slot 1 or 2 I might bf you before the reset. I want to use my pre reset bf on someone planning on running her.

Bladelaw

If you are planning on putting her in slot 1 or 2 I might bf you before the reset. I want to use my pre reset bf on someone planning on running her.

I've been grooming the team she'll be on so I'd hope to get some serious mileage out of her. I've already used my BF for this reset so feel free to work a triangle with someone else if you can. That said I do plan on using her extensively.

I've already hypered Plum, her host Typhon, Akechi, Yomidra, and I'm waffling between a second Akechi, Satsuki, or a second Typhon for the final slot. Given I bought Plum for this team I'm expecting to get a lot of use out of it.

Slot 1 is probably going to stay Myr, Anaphon Slot 2, then rotating based on experiments and testing.

b33r

I've been grooming the team she'll be on so I'd hope to get some serious mileage out of her. I've already used my BF for this reset so feel free to work a triangle with someone else if you can. That said I do plan on using her extensively.

I've already hypered Plum, her host Typhon, Akechi, Yomidra, and I'm waffling between a second Akechi, Satsuki, or a second Typhon for the final slot. Given I bought Plum for this team I'm expecting to get a lot of use out of it.

Slot 1 is probably going to stay Myr, Anaphon Slot 2, then rotating based on experiments and testing.

Ok, I'll probably do that then. I bought plum for this team too lol, so I plan on using it a ton. Also might mess around with plum as a lead too once Akechi evo and her buff get here.

Bladelaw

Oh hey Awoken Okuninushi could fill the last slot when he gets here. Dragon type delay + burst would solve a lot of Arena problems with 1 active. Plus 2SBR opening up teambuilding options for those lacking 600k MP to dump into the team.

Shoot, I'm maybe 10 away from 250... I don't think I'll have the time/money/ability

You can spam the Monday daily dungeon in coop for 10 ranks relatively easy today. Really all you need is a solid burst option for the Dub Metallit at the end, and worst case your coop partner can provide it. I'd run with you but I can't rank forever off that anymore and work is killing me today.

ccbfan

Anybody gonna be running Tsubaki or ALB?

Farming is probably my most needed reason for a BFF since I'm mostly single player..

jiggle

Anybody gonna be running Tsubaki or ALB?

Farming is probably my most needed reason for a BFF since I'm mostly single player..

I'm using both on both of my accounts

main
alt

i can bf u on main, so if u gonna use urs, do it to alt

Aesnath

Ok, I'm a little further in. I'm on the Lu Bu/Red Sonia plan, but thinking ahead.

On the recent godfest I pulled Ronove and Tsubaki. Tsubaki seems really fragile while Ronove seems really complex. I've been messing around with Ronove, who seems fun but I'm not sure what subs to run with him. Online, a lot of people are suggesting Kaede, which I do not have. Would it be worth running his skill-up dragon for his active or should I just find something else?

Other notables:

Perseus
Beach Metatron
Summer Urd
Orange dragoncaller, Saria
Scheat (it is a 6 star?)
Balboa

I really would like some direction as to what I should be spending my resources on. Thanks in advance.

jiggle

Ok, I'm a little further in. I'm on the Lu Bu/Red Sonia plan, but thinking ahead.

On the recent godfest I pulled Ronove and Tsubaki. Tsubaki seems really fragile while Ronove seems really complex. I've been messing around with Ronove, who seems fun but I'm not sure what subs to run with him. Online, a lot of people are suggesting Kaede, which I do not have. Would it be worth running his skill-up dragon for his active or should I just find something else?

Other notables:

Perseus
Beach Metatron
Summer Urd
Scheat (it is a 6 star?)
Balboa

I really would like some direction as to what I should be spending my resources on. Thanks in advance.
if possible
farm ur ass off next few days to max skill tsubaki
then max skill 2 yamato dragons
here's an in depth guide on the tsubaki system
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...uide_miniguide_on_tsubaki_system_feat_yamato/

well worth it

saria (if u can find saria or awoken thor friends) is probably more worth your resources than red sonia imo

Bladelaw

Other notables:

Perseus
Beach Metatron
Summer Urd
Scheat (it is a 6 star?)
Balboa

Ronove is an amazing leader but has a bit of a skill threshold making him rough to start with.

Out of what you posted you got some options:
Perseus, Balboa, Zeal, Cu Chulainn, Ronove would work. Basically make blobs of green and profit. Pairs with himself, Awoken Liu Bei, Australis, and Zeus Dios (if under 99% hp).
Zeal, Cu Chu are your quick orb changes, Ronove is your hazard clear, Balboa is the shield, Perseus is for clearing binds or healing up. Skill binds will hurt but that's the risk of running farmables. Early game it's not a big deal, but it'll become more important once you venture out of normal into descends and later technicals.

If you want to jump on the Ronove train and you're willing to learn how to play him you need color coverage and heart makers. You can start with pretty much any subs but you won't have a lot of time to manipulate the board. Anyone with an active that increases move time will be a great addition. Kaede is so good on this team for a few reasons: she makes greens and hearts but doesn't flood the board, she has 3 TPAs and a high attack value meaning she hits like a freight train, also she hastes which means a max skilled Ronove is pretty much always available. Her skill up lacks the awakenings but you can at least get the skill this way.

Saria pairs well with Awoken Thor for a light based tank team with a variety of light subs.

Scheat is a giant cannon that requires a lot of investment to make the most of. With no awakenings and no +eggs she just has a great skill for water orb hungry teams (Sarasvati, Rukia, You Yu).

Summer Urd and Beach Meta are solid water subs. Urd works as a lead if you have a fair amount of Water/Fire cards. Scheat works well after using to make a 2/3 Water/Fire board. Beach Meta has a useful bind recovery and is better than her GFE counterpart in that she has a Skill Bind Resistance awakening. She'd fit well on Ronove as the team's cleric.

fek

I'm starting to move to Ilm's new leader evo when playing multi with my alt. I used to play Ra Dragon and Machine Zeus with my alt but Ilm is now just so strong. Really easy 100x with rows and that rcv multiplier.
Haven't tested Dark Kanna yet but I could play that as well in both of my accounts. Just looks more like a solo leader.

If you can reliably farm Yamato Dragon, I'd invest time into max skilling Tsubaki while 4x skillups is going on. She's a little behind the curve atm but maybe her upcoming buff will rectify that.

Kaede is super rare so I would not expect to roll her anytime soon without large quantities of cash. Her skillup dragon will work as a short-term replacement for Ronove -- depends on how far in the game you are at the moment and what you're trying to clear.

Perseus is a great sub on a variety of green teams (but not Ronove, unfortunately!)
Beach Metatron is a good bind clearer who doesn't have much long-term potential
Summer Urd is a great full board changer
Saria is a great full board changer
Scheat sees fringe use on some water-based teams
Balboa is kinda bad

Hopefully that gives you some direction on who to prioritize.

Bladelaw

Why is Kaede such a good sub for Ronove? And when does her skill fodder come up (since I don't have Kaede)?

Kaede is so good on this team for a few reasons: she makes greens and hearts but doesn't flood the board, she has 3 TPAs and a high attack value meaning she hits like a freight train, also she hastes which means a max skilled Ronove is pretty much always available. Her skill up lacks the awakenings but you can at least get the skill this way.

see above

b33r

I saw a friend had awoken vritra up, so I put a rag tag party together for him and tried him out in a couple descend challenges. He seems pretty good actually, I had over 125k hp and he hits pretty hard with a dark row and fire match. Recovery isn't good, but with that much hp it won't matter in many dungeons.

I guess I'll miss the window for 250 :/

I would need to be carried through the Monday dungeon for 13 levels (I can't solo reliably for some reason) and I'm not really willing to stone for it. If it's just a bonus roll I guess I can deal as an IAP player.

Anyway apparently I need to get on this Tsubaki train? I have a Yamato dragon and everything. I just need to figure out the best way to get the predras before the rotation. Also I've never played 5o1e before so I still have no idea if it has to be a straight line like TPA or if it can be Tetris'd.

Jagernaut

I guess I'll miss the window for 250 :/

I would need to be carried through the Monday dungeon for 13 levels (I can't solo reliably for some reason) and I'm not really willing to stone for it. If it's just a bonus roll I guess I can deal as an IAP player.

Anyway apparently I need to get on this Tsubaki train? I have a Yamato dragon and everything. I just need to figure out the best way to get the predras before the rotation. Also I've never played 5o1e before so I still have no idea if it has to be a straight line like TPA or if it can be Tetris'd.

The 5 orbs can be any shape. Vertical or horizontal line, L shape, cross, doesn't matter.

b33r

You can do the 5 match in a line, a L shape, a T, or like the heart cross. As long as an enhanced orb is included in the shape.

b33r

No, because the 2 on the top/side won't match. It has to be a shape that would normally disappear. The ones I named I think are all of them.

Jagernaut

what about a 2x2 square with a tail?

Code:
O
OO
OO

or

Code:
OO
OOO

etc?

let me find a way to skill her up as fast as possible

No, those would both be only a 3 match. You need 3 orbs touching in a straight line to count as part of the same shape.

Edit. You can use the extra unmatched orbs to make complicated cascading 3 row boards. Not useful for you right now though.

W-00

Sounds good. Let's see if there is a third person interested.

If you two are still looking for a third, I'm up for it. I run Sumire, Pandora, and (currently) A. Ama, but I'll be replacing Ama with Myr once I get her skilled up. 316493320

Jonsoncao

Banned
If you two are still looking for a third, I'm up for it. I run Sumire, Pandora, and (currently) A. Ama, but I'll be replacing Ama with Myr once I get her skilled up. 316493320

I am good. Just added you. My id is Jon@gaf. Lets wait see if nicoga3000 agrees the triangle.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I saw this in my friends list... This is even more sad than my 297 Plessie.

kxCM9uW.png

smh... I evolved Australis and made a junkyard Perseus team and was able to solo clear Monday Dungeon and level up a few times (and a few more with MP) but it sucks when the partners list doesn't give you any ALBs or Perseuses or anything with rows and shit. I even managed to beat it with Zhuge Liang but man I wish I could game the partnering algorithm to find more cute friends that aren't Ronove/Verdumbdi

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

..and done. 10/21 on skillups, pretty nice. I remember needing +60 for Vishnu and Sara in the past.

PS. I BBFed Jagernaut, still waiting on kirby/Phones BFF.

Top Bottom