• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

jiggle

smh... I evolved Australis and made a junkyard Perseus team and was able to solo clear Monday Dungeon and level up a few times (and a few more with MP) but it sucks when the partners list doesn't give you any ALBs or Perseuses or anything with rows and shit. I even managed to beat it with Zhuge Liang but man I wish I could game the partnering algorithm to find more cute friends that aren't Ronove/Verdumbdi
That's what bffs are for
What is ur game id
I usually have alb up

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I would love a BFF with Oda full time for my alt but I don't want to use my BFF on a flaky rando. I've been running some infinite content on the alt lately (Monday dungeon, double xp normals) and I'm cooonstantly running out of Oda friends. It really sucks.

J0dy77

..and done. 10/21 on skillups, pretty nice. I remember needing +60 for Vishnu and Sara in the past.

PS. I BBFed Jagernaut, still waiting on kirby/Phones BFF.

Congrats! Can't wait for Krishna, feel like he's going to be the most consistent Arena 1 farm team for me.

Bladelaw

Which level should I run if I want to skill my genie, thanos, etc?

The bowl dragon dungeons have the most reliable skill ups in the various "Mug" dragons. They're an uncommon spawn and drop unfortunately.

Here's a list of Genie skill up monsters: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/skill.asp?s=13

EDIT: I need dark jewels for a few things. I plan on chain running Diagoldos until I have 5. Awoken Vritra needs 2 and having 3 spare means I can take care of something when it pops up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ran my first co-op descended with a random. We ran Ronove for Diagoldos and it went fine. Good stuff.

I think the easiest level of Scarlet sky dungeon on 2x. Takes a lot of runs to get enough drops, but doesn't cost much stamina, especially in co-op.

Yeah, I sort of figured easiest would be good. I want to skill up the dragon drop, too...So I may have to step up a level or so. I need a Ronove sub.

E: Speaking up skill ups - Ronove rotation starts Wednesday. I haven't ran the mask dungeon yet. Is it easier/harder than Monday?

Jagernaut

The bowl dragon dungeons have the most reliable skill ups in the various "Mug" dragons. They're an uncommon spawn and drop unfortunately.

Here's a list of Genie skill up monsters: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/skill.asp?s=13

EDIT: I need dark jewels for a few things. I plan on chain running Diagoldos until I have 5. Awoken Vritra needs 2 and having 3 spare means I can take care of something when it pops up.

The mugs are a fixed spawn in Scarlet Sky Dimension Dragon. Red on floor 1 and Dark or Light on floor 4. If you also need to skill up Tsubaki, Raphael, or Red Riding Hood, run master or higher on 2x days. Otherwise run the lower difficulties.

Jagernaut

Ran my first co-op descended with a random. We ran Ronove for Diagoldos and it went fine. Good stuff.

Yeah, I sort of figured easiest would be good. I want to skill up the dragon drop, too...So I may have to step up a level or so. I need a Ronove sub.

E: Speaking up skill ups - Ronove rotation starts Wednesday. I haven't ran the mask dungeon yet. Is it easier/harder than Monday?

Wednesday legend is harder than Monday. You need 100% skill bind resist or you will be skill bound for 99 turns. Also the green Ancient Mask at the end has 1 million defense (but only 35 hp) and is immune to poison and delay. You have to burst hard or bring true damage (Ra, Jize, etc.)

Bladelaw

The mugs are a fixed spawn in Scarlet Sky Dimension Dragon. Red on floor 1 and Dark or Light on floor 4. If you also need to skill up Tsubaki, Raphael, or Red Riding Hood, run master or higher on 2x days. Otherwise run the lower difficulties.

Holy shit...I need to hop on that train. I was planning on running Fist of the North Star to skill up Wee Jas but I actually need all of those skill ups. Not Tsubaki amusingly enough, she was finished while trying to max out Sumire.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Wonder how many green masks it would take to max out my Ronove

lol jk ill never get a green mask to drop

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wonder how many green masks it would take to max out my Ronove

lol jk ill never get a green mask to drop

I would love to max mine, but I'm not sure I can do the dungeon. The last floor sounds like a bummer, and the 100% SBR may be tough with any of the team options I currently have.

I'm completely stuck on Hera297. My best shot is Gremory, but I haven't been able to either hit a big board with 7 combos, or hit 7 combos twice in a row. It sucks because I can breeze through it up until the last floor and just get blasted. Not really sure how to get past it.

Bladelaw

Wednesday is pretty easy to coop. Your partner can load up on SBR and provide the burst for the last floor. I need blue masks for Sitri skill ups so I'll be running it at some point during the next rotation. Probably not this week though. A Perseus/Australis/ALB combo with the carry team bringing enough SBR is doable.

A can be whatever, B can bring Freyja, Perseus, and Spica to cover SBR and an orb changer to fill the last slot. The damage from the leads should be enough if it's a mass attack to clear the trash floors.

I'm completely stuck on Hera297. My best shot is Gremory, but I haven't been able to either hit a big board with 7 combos, or hit 7 combos twice in a row. It sucks because I can breeze through it up until the last floor and just get blasted. Not really sure how to get past it.

Do you have a light based team? That eases the damage requirement by a fair amount. Failing that a glass cannon team works surprisingly well. Bacetet with a shield inherit seems to be a pretty consistent clear. My alt has tried with a bunch of teams and keeps getting trolled by the Mystic Knights. If I could reliably clear them I think I could get the win. Or at least make it farm enough to justify stoning. My main cleared it in one go with Myr but my alt's Myr team is still developing.

If you're going to stick with Gremory I think you'll need a couple things: Damage enhance. Hera has a stupid amount of HP. Delay, She's vulnerable to it so if you can take advantage then it's worth it. Bi color board. With a heart/dark board you can check setsu's optimal boards and practice those to get the kill shot. My Myr clear was Apocalypse-->Elia-->Thor. I'm thinking Gremory could pull something like Haku-->Akechi-->Loki. If Haku is trolly then use Gremory to fix the board before popping Akechi. In general though I'd suggest going with a combo leader with a shield over a cross lead. Cross + 6 more combos is hard to pull off without a little luck.

LiQuid!

I would love to max mine, but I'm not sure I can do the dungeon. The last floor sounds like a bummer, and the 100% SBR may be tough with any of the team options I currently have.

When I was on the hunt for a green mask for Bacetet, I was able to finish the dungeon in coop about 4 times (all blue masks) but one time I was doing it with someone here (Jag I think?) and we failed on the last floor. My team was probably considerably shittier than it is now, but I'm not sure. So it's doable even if your team is kinda scrubby. Still the thought of doing it many many times, hoping to get the 50/50 chance at a green one and then hoping for skill ups sounds like a lot of layers of bummer. Still gonna give it a shot tho because making a functional Ronove team is the only dream I have to hang on to with as shitty as my box is.

Aesnath

if possible
farm ur ass off next few days to max skill tsubaki
then max skill 2 yamato dragons
here's an in depth guide on the tsubaki system
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...uide_miniguide_on_tsubaki_system_feat_yamato/

well worth it

saria (if u can find saria or awoken thor friends) is probably more worth your resources than red sonia imo

That's pretty interesting. I've been trying to skill up Tsubaki, just because of the opportunity, but I've really struggled to get it to do anything special. Really, it isn't the damage, it is the lack of hp, rcv, or a damage shield.

As for Saria, why is that team better than Lu Bu/Sonia--they would end up with very similar stats: Thor/Saria : 2xHP/6.25xATK/2.5xRCV, with 14.605xATK on the turn a skill is used. Lu Bu/Sonia: 2xHP/7.5xATK/2.5xRCV, with 11.25xATK on the turn a skill is used (33.75xATK when using Lu Bu's skill specifically).

Right now, I have cleared Starlight Sanctuary, and legendary dragon's footprints; can generally clear "legend" descends with Lu Bu/DD Lilith/Drawn Joker/DB Vampire/Red Sonia/Red Sonia (friend). It is really active dependent, so my ability to stall is very important. Also, everything is pretty bindable, which can be a problem, I've found.

Ronove is an amazing leader but has a bit of a skill threshold making him rough to start with.

Out of what you posted you got some options:
Perseus, Balboa, Zeal, Cu Chulainn, Ronove would work. Basically make blobs of green and profit. Pairs with himself, Awoken Liu Bei, Australis, and Zeus Dios (if under 99% hp).
Zeal, Cu Chu are your quick orb changes, Ronove is your hazard clear, Balboa is the shield, Perseus is for clearing binds or healing up. Skill binds will hurt but that's the risk of running farmables. Early game it's not a big deal, but it'll become more important once you venture out of normal into descends and later technicals.

If you want to jump on the Ronove train and you're willing to learn how to play him you need color coverage and heart makers. You can start with pretty much any subs but you won't have a lot of time to manipulate the board. Anyone with an active that increases move time will be a great addition. Kaede is so good on this team for a few reasons: she makes greens and hearts but doesn't flood the board, she has 3 TPAs and a high attack value meaning she hits like a freight train, also she hastes which means a max skilled Ronove is pretty much always available. Her skill up lacks the awakenings but you can at least get the skill this way.

Saria pairs well with Awoken Thor for a light based tank team with a variety of light subs.

Scheat is a giant cannon that requires a lot of investment to make the most of. With no awakenings and no +eggs she just has a great skill for water orb hungry teams (Sarasvati, Rukia, You Yu).

Summer Urd and Beach Meta are solid water subs. Urd works as a lead if you have a fair amount of Water/Fire cards. Scheat works well after using to make a 2/3 Water/Fire board. Beach Meta has a useful bind recovery and is better than her GFE counterpart in that she has a Skill Bind Resistance awakening. She'd fit well on Ronove as the team's cleric.

I have a summer Urd team (my wife drew a regular Urd, so we co-op together) and I like it, but the subs seem...bad. I'm running the stupid angry birds guy (he's actually really solid), a red/blue ogre, a blue/red ogre, and the surfing ninja guy. It works pretty well overall, but it seems hard to get subs for. Obviously Scheat seems solid here, but I'm not sure if I want to put the resources into her. I also got a red-ring theurgia, so I may spend more time on it.

I've been trying Ronove, and I like the playstyle, but I am not consistent with it. It seems to be "whittle down an early floor to one dude, make a heart cross and a match to kill the dude, then make 3-4 color matches on future floors to keep the shield and blow stuff up." But, jeeze, the HP is kinda crappy. Also, does anything have a bunch of time extends? It could really help

If you can reliably farm Yamato Dragon, I'd invest time into max skilling Tsubaki while 4x skillups is going on. She's a little behind the curve atm but maybe her upcoming buff will rectify that.

Kaede is super rare so I would not expect to roll her anytime soon without large quantities of cash. Her skillup dragon will work as a short-term replacement for Ronove -- depends on how far in the game you are at the moment and what you're trying to clear.

Perseus is a great sub on a variety of green teams (but not Ronove, unfortunately!)
Beach Metatron is a good bind clearer who doesn't have much long-term potential
Summer Urd is a great full board changer
Saria is a great full board changer
Scheat sees fringe use on some water-based teams
Balboa is kinda bad

Hopefully that gives you some direction on who to prioritize.

Yeah, I feel like some of my rarer pulls are...odd. Beach metatron seems ok-ish, but not much better as a leader than lu bu/sonia, with the added problem of not many friends or needing to stick to healers (which seem to suck somewhat) if I use a regular metatron friend. I can fit her with Ronove, BUT she has no extended time awakening, which is kinda painful. I tried perseus on Ronove and it just flooded the board, made it difficult to do anything.

Right now the Ronove team is Ronove/Summer Urd/DD Lilith/Lemon Dragon/Red Sonia/Ronove (friend). It is a weird team ATM, chosen entirely for things that had extended time awakenings (and the dragon to make hearts). I know it needs to be better, but that is where I am at. Some of the actives are OKish, with lilith actually boosting some people a little bit with poison, Urd making an easy cross heart board (but typically only two color matches) and lemon dragon just being a heart changer. Sonia's active is garbo here though.

Also, what is Tsubaki going to get in the future? It seems too convenient to have drawn something with the skill-up dungeon being active, but right now I am having a hard time making it work.

There's a quest badge that grants +1sec of extra move time and isn't very difficult to obtain. Do you have that equipped?

The Tsubaki buff was just announced last week so we don't know what it entails yet.

LiQuid!

That +1 time extend badge is a damned trap. You get used to it and then you go to coop and suck shit because you're so used to having it.

Bladelaw

That's pretty interesting. I've been trying to skill up Tsubaki, just because of the opportunity, but I've really struggled to get it to do anything special. Really, it isn't the damage, it is the lack of hp, rcv, or a damage shield.

Also, what is Tsubaki going to get in the future? It seems too convenient to have drawn something with the skill-up dungeon being active, but right now I am having a hard time making it work.

No clue, there was a tournament in JP and the winner got the card of choice buffed, Tsubaki won and the buff hasn't been announced yet.

Keep in mind this game is a marathon not a sprint. You have some incredible leads just lacking the subs to flesh out the teams. Once you can roll some more useful subs you'll notice a huge jump in performance. Tsubaki has cleared some bonkers content so she's plenty capable of taking you far. Ronove has one of the most consistent Arena Clear rates around, but both teams require subs to really display their full potential.

Given you're in that weird early midgame chunk what you should focus on is hoarding stones for a solid God Fest.

Out of the teams you have what do you enjoy playing? Ronia/LuBu hits a content wall pretty soon for you and while you can make it work you have the tools to go farther without them. Saria/Thor gets their strength from massive row stacking + Awoken Thor's damage enhance. Saria-->L Valk(Farmable) gives you a bi color board you can maybe get 3 rows off and with Thor's enhance will do a surprising amount of damage.

Once you know what teams you like keep and eye on godfests and roll on ones where you have a decent shot at picking up useful subs. for Ronove, Yomi is a great time extend sub in 2 ways, She has 2 TE awakenings and her nonawoken active gives you ten seconds to rearrange the board even allowing you to pick up and drop orbs while the active clock is ticking. She covers Dark and Light if you evo her that way meaning you just need to cover fire/water. Beach Meta covers water, and you can use almost any fire sub as long as they don't break hearts or wood.

Jagernaut

Holy shit...I need to hop on that train. I was planning on running Fist of the North Star to skill up Wee Jas but I actually need all of those skill ups. Not Tsubaki amusingly enough, she was finished while trying to max out Sumire.

You can run Taiko in coin dungeons any time for Wee Jas skillups.

W-00

I would love a BFF with Oda full time for my alt but I don't want to use my BFF on a flaky rando. I've been running some infinite content on the alt lately (Monday dungeon, double xp normals) and I'm cooonstantly running out of Oda friends. It really sucks.

Looking at Oda's leader skill, he seems like he'd do decently paired with Pandora or AA Lucifer as long as you have reliable dark orb generation. Have you tried running with either of them?

b33r

smh... I evolved Australis and made a junkyard Perseus team and was able to solo clear Monday Dungeon and level up a few times (and a few more with MP) but it sucks when the partners list doesn't give you any ALBs or Perseuses or anything with rows and shit. I even managed to beat it with Zhuge Liang but man I wish I could game the partnering algorithm to find more cute friends that aren't Ronove/Verdumbdi

There was a recent update in Japan that guarantees 2 non friend leads to be up of the lead you are searching with. We should get that eventually. Not only does it help immensely for pairing your leads, but it gives you the chance to easily add friends with the same leads.

Wednesday is pretty easy to coop. Your partner can load up on SBR and provide the burst for the last floor. I need blue masks for Sitri skill ups so I'll be running it at some point during the next rotation. Probably not this week though. A Perseus/Australis/ALB combo with the carry team bringing enough SBR is doable.

A can be whatever, B can bring Freyja, Perseus, and Spica to cover SBR and an orb changer to fill the last slot. The damage from the leads should be enough if it's a mass attack to clear the trash floors.

Do you have a light based team? That eases the damage requirement by a fair amount. Failing that a glass cannon team works surprisingly well. Bacetet with a shield inherit seems to be a pretty consistent clear. My alt has tried with a bunch of teams and keeps getting trolled by the Mystic Knights. If I could reliably clear them I think I could get the win. Or at least make it farm enough to justify stoning. My main cleared it in one go with Myr but my alt's Myr team is still developing.

If you're going to stick with Gremory I think you'll need a couple things: Damage enhance. Hera has a stupid amount of HP. Delay, She's vulnerable to it so if you can take advantage then it's worth it. Bi color board. With a heart/dark board you can check setsu's optimal boards and practice those to get the kill shot. My Myr clear was Apocalypse-->Elia-->Thor. I'm thinking Gremory could pull something like Haku-->Akechi-->Loki. If Haku is trolly then use Gremory to fix the board before popping Akechi. In general though I'd suggest going with a combo leader with a shield over a cross lead. Cross + 6 more combos is hard to pull off without a little luck.

I should have had a couple clears by now. I've hit beautiful bicolor akechi boards for 6 combos and not gotten any help from skyfall. I could probably put a delay on the team, but that just gives me more tries to hit that combo shield. I think I'm going to have to try RaDra but I suck with color match and those damn knights ruin my board.

Bladelaw

I should have had a couple clears by now. I've hit beautiful bicolor akechi boards for 6 combos and not gotten any help from skyfall. I could probably put a delay on the team, but that just gives me more tries to hit that combo shield. I think I'm going to have to try RaDra but I suck with color match and those damn knights ruin my board.

If you can figure out a rainbow clear that doesn't require burning an active every turn let me know. My alt would love to get a 297 but the best team there is a sherias roots team or a Lucifer team. Luci would have to pray very hard to the skyfall gods for success.

If you can figure out a rainbow clear that doesn't require burning an active every turn let me know. My alt would love to get a 297 but the best team there is a sherias roots team or a Lucifer team. Luci would have to pray very hard to the skyfall gods for success.

Just ran it one more time, removed my ult Panda and replaced her with my Hanzo inheriting Akechi so I'd have 2 Akechi actives for Hera. A Panda-Akechi combo gave me a pretty solid board. Made 5 combos, got 2 sky falls and blew Hera the fuck up. Fuck combo shields forever. Gremory is OP.

That's what bffs are for
What is ur game id
I usually have alb up

it's 374,871,357 but my BF is currently a Ronove/Sumire dude (I'm sitting on a sumire). Though once I roll a LB (maybe? hopefully? PCGF come through for me please?) I'd probably be running that with all the green in my box.

There was a recent update in Japan that guarantees 2 non friend leads to be up of the lead you are searching with. We should get that eventually. Not only does it help immensely for pairing your leads, but it gives you the chance to easily add friends with the same leads.

Yeah this sounds like an absolute godsend. I'm trying to navigate new possible leaders to get further and the lack of good partners in solo honestly messes with a lot.

Is there any newish players that might want a BFF from my alt (or anyone that could use its leads)? I mainly use my alt to self co-op so I don't care what you run.

Leads are:
A. Pandora (basically hyper)
A. Luci (Hyper)
Sherias (not the good one :()
Sumire (needs a bit of work but will get there)

Eventually I'll get Myr ready (like 3 weeks or so), but those are super easy to find. Could use it to keep up rarely used leads if that's what you're interested in. Away from my iPad so I don't have my ID handy. Probably forgetting some leads as well.

Bladelaw

If we're throwing BF's around my alt would love someone who runs Dantalion. The main leads on my alt
Hyper Awoken Archdemon Lucifer
Almost Hyper Sherias roots (~60 +eggs away)
Hyper Dantalion (or will be once we can get his skill up he's +297 though)
297 Myr skilling her up exclusively with Pys because fuck doing it the normal way again. She is fully evolved though.

I'm really interested in running Dantalion. The few opportunities I can pair with a same lead just works so well.

Alt: 389,096,345

Aesnath

There's a quest badge that grants +1sec of extra move time and isn't very difficult to obtain. Do you have that equipped?

The Tsubaki buff was just announced last week so we don't know what it entails yet.

Yep, I have the badge, but it makes it difficult to cover all of my color requirements with good stuff.

No clue, there was a tournament in JP and the winner got the card of choice buffed, Tsubaki won and the buff hasn't been announced yet.

Keep in mind this game is a marathon not a sprint. You have some incredible leads just lacking the subs to flesh out the teams. Once you can roll some more useful subs you'll notice a huge jump in performance. Tsubaki has cleared some bonkers content so she's plenty capable of taking you far. Ronove has one of the most consistent Arena Clear rates around, but both teams require subs to really display their full potential.

Given you're in that weird early midgame chunk what you should focus on is hoarding stones for a solid God Fest.

Out of the teams you have what do you enjoy playing? Ronia/LuBu hits a content wall pretty soon for you and while you can make it work you have the tools to go farther without them. Saria/Thor gets their strength from massive row stacking + Awoken Thor's damage enhance. Saria-->L Valk(Farmable) gives you a bi color board you can maybe get 3 rows off and with Thor's enhance will do a surprising amount of damage.

Once you know what teams you like keep and eye on godfests and roll on ones where you have a decent shot at picking up useful subs. for Ronove, Yomi is a great time extend sub in 2 ways, She has 2 TE awakenings and her nonawoken active gives you ten seconds to rearrange the board even allowing you to pick up and drop orbs while the active clock is ticking. She covers Dark and Light if you evo her that way meaning you just need to cover fire/water. Beach Meta covers water, and you can use almost any fire sub as long as they don't break hearts or wood.

Yomi, huh? That is great, I was unaware of her! Covering two colors doesn't suck either. I'll make that a priority (as much as one can with this game).

As for Tsubaki, have they done this kind of thing before? What I mean is, are these kind of buffs small or significant? I sort of feel like orange dragoncaller would work pretty well on Tsubaki's team, if I just liked her a bit better.

I'm enjoying Ronove, but I'm not sure I can rely on it. I also don't dislike the "stall management" process for lu bu/Sonia, but I am starting to feel that it has some limits (like, I have no clue how to get through legendary seaway). Urd feels consistent, but it never really seems to generate large damage, and I'm not sure how to mitigate that.

Bladelaw

Yep, I have the badge, but it makes it difficult to cover all of my color requirements with good stuff.

Yomi, huh? That is great, I was unaware of her! Covering two colors doesn't suck either. I'll make that a priority (as much as one can with this game).

As for Tsubaki, have they done this kind of thing before? What I mean is, are these kind of buffs small or significant? I sort of feel like orange dragoncaller would work pretty well on Tsubaki's team, if I just liked her a bit better.

I'm enjoying Ronove, but I'm not sure I can rely on it. I also don't dislike the "stall management" process for lu bu/Sonia, but I am starting to feel that it has some limits (like, I have no clue how to get through legendary seaway). Urd feels consistent, but it never really seems to generate large damage, and I'm not sure how to mitigate that.
Yomi is definitely worth investing in, great awakenings, incredibly useful active, and decent stats.

They've done the buff thing before a few different ways. My favorite was the "YamaP will buff whatever he pulls from the REM" which led to Red Riding Hood getting 2 more rows and becoming a hilariously slow tank lead (4/6.25/4), Fafnir getting a cross heart, and Zweihander getting the bum end of the stick.

So given past random buffs it's tough to say. Tsubaki is a glass cannon style lead. Giving her a heart cross like her sisters would go against that playstyle (while also instantly making her more viable). She's at the awakening cap at 9 so probably not getting any new awakenings. This means they'll probably modify her leader skill or active skill.

A leader mod would probably be some tank stats (+HP/RCV) for Dragon type, or go full glass cannon and basically make her Kenshin (Cross of fire/light for stacking multiplier).

Active could be an extra orb of fire/light, a cooldown reduction (making her the fastest useful haste I think), or even just a more predictable orb generation pattern.

Finally they could just flat out buff her raw stats.

Re: Urd, You're not going to be breaking any crazy damage thresholds with her. The bonus of running with her is consistency. Her multiplier is always there no matter what you do. She like, normal Urd and Verdandi have pretty hard caps on progression since eventually they will fail to hit either HP checks or damage checks without some very clever teambuilding. To really get the most out of her stacking Two Pronged attacks really goes a long way. Scheat maxed out does a silly amount of TPA damage, Kamui is a solid blue farmable option that gets 2 TPAs once reincarnated. Theurgia makes for a usable farmed enhancer. Xmas Paulina is a better choice but obviously not available at the moment. For general farming of normal and technical stuff she does a decent job. She really earns her keep in end game as a sub though.

Okamid3n

They've done the buff thing before a few different ways. My favorite was the "YamaP will buff whatever he pulls from the REM" which led to Red Riding Hood getting 2 more rows and becoming a hilariously slow tank lead (4/6.25/4), Fafnir getting a cross heart, and Zweihander getting the bum end of the stick.

Correction, Red Riding Hood is 2.25/1/2.25 before cross and essentially 9/6.25/9 after cross. It is, as you said, an hilariously slow tank lead.

Bladelaw

Correction, Red Riding Hood is 2.25/1/2.25 before cross and essentially 9/6.25/9 after cross. It is, as you said, an hilariously slow tank lead.

Oh wow. I want to see if an Arena clear is even possible like that but wouldn't want to sit through a video of it.

Yeah I'm hoping Tsubaki gets a bit better. My ideal would be give her Anaphon's dragon stat increase. It's a meaningful upgrade that doesn't alter her playstyle and red has plenty of strong dragon types to choose from while keeping Saria a viable sub. Her damage outweighs Sumire and the stat bump would put her on par/slightly above Sumire's team HP/RCV (sans cross) which given they're both 5* GFEs seems fair.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
3/4 on Tsubaki skillups so far! I will now go an eternity with no more skillups.

How many dragons do I skillup alongside Tsubaki?

Bladelaw

smh I hate waiting for evo PAL events to get gold keepers

If you're around tonight I'll run some gold keepers with you. I'm prepping Awoken Machine Athena's mats and need a few more golds to get there. Just let me know what leads you've got so I can plan accordingly. Just heal when ever it's your turn I'll clear. We need at least 17k HP after every floor (really just for the light and dark keeper preemptives). The Gold Keeper can be one shot with a solid burst but even then if you're not running a dark team you have plenty of turns to kill it.

Should be around tonight, I'll build up some stamina. I only have Ronove/Perseus/Verdandi leads but Perseus as a lead hits HARD with enough green orbs, I've learned. I guess I also have a maxed Odin (sans +297) but I don't really know how to lead with him yet.

I forget why I even needed the golds but I needed them for something... Tsubaki or Isis or Persephone or someone, I forgot.

Bladelaw

Should be around tonight, I'll build up some stamina. I only have Ronove/Perseus/Verdandi leads but Perseus as a lead hits HARD with enough green orbs, I've learned. I guess I also have a maxed Odin (sans +297) but I don't really know how to lead with him yet.

I forget why I even needed the golds but I needed them for something... Tsubaki or Isis or Persephone or someone, I forgot.

Perseus is fine. I'll bring ALB so we have plenty of RCV to heal up. Leading with Odin is an option since they only ever hit you once you're only taking 20% damage. The problem would be killing anything. Perseus is fast enough and there's enough RCV options that I'm not too worried about it.

Since I almost have Myr evolved (ZHera needed), I want to start getting my Myr subs ready. The goal is to start farming arena with it, in both co-op and solo. Options are the following:

Apoc
Saria
LAkechi
A. DQXQ
L. Izanami
Moogle
Elia
Fuma (good killers I guess)

Got a bunch of other utility types, just looking for what should be the base team for arena.

Jagernaut

Perseus is fine. I'll bring ALB so we have plenty of RCV to heal up. Leading with Odin is an option since they only ever hit you once you're only taking 20% damage. The problem would be killing anything. Perseus is fast enough and there's enough RCV options that I'm not too worried about it.

Ultimate Green Odin has been buffed to do 3.5x atk with 8 connected green orbs while keeping his damage reduction.

Bladelaw

Since I almost have Myr evolved (ZHera needed), I want to start getting my Myr subs ready. The goal is to start farming arena with it, in both co-op and solo. Options are the following:

Apoc
Saria
LAkechi
A. DQXQ
L. Izanami
Moogle
Elia

Got a bunch of other utility types, just looking for what should be the base team for arena.
Just know that I hate your Light Akechi.

That said...
Apoc and ADQXQ are automatic includes on this team. They give you hazard clear, heart generation, and burst options.

Saria can fit on the team until you can find a better place to put her active (Awoken Venus says hi), which is Lakechi's best friend.

Lakechi can be inherited on to Myr if you have a friend with bind clear.

L. Iza (wedding izanami?) is probably unnecessary especially in coop though her OE would be a welcome addition her stats and base active keep her from being a must have especially with no SBR.

Moogle is the unsung hero. If you don't need a mega burst in a dungeon Moogle should be on your team. Against any enemy that robs you of hearts this guy is a champ. You're basically sacrificing a sub slot for his utility which can be a problem if you need lots of damage, or even consistent damage making him tough to recommend for Arena because of Kali's damage check

ADQXQ does Elia's job better than she does. Even still, she provides SBR, prongs, and a useful active with haste. A solid place holder until you can snag Sun Wukong.

Fuma should be flexed in when you need to kill Physical or Machine enemies. You can get away with putting Saria on him to kind of get the best of both worlds but against non killer'd types Saria is a better choice.

I'd try something like this:
Myr (L. Akechi)
Apoc
ADQXQ
Saria
Elia

ADQXQ does Elia's job better than she does. You have some of the best options for Myr. Really if you had a max skilled Awoken Venus to slide Saria onto and Sun Wukong, it'd be exactly what I would run.

I've run solo arena with:
Myr (Snow White)
June Satsuki
Apoc
Sun Wukong
Moogle
Myr (Awoken Thor)

All hyper and 3 SDR on Moogle (fuck you Kagu). Sopdet was a pain in the ass because of Satsuki's prongs a bad skyfall meant game over. There's two ways around her
1) Cross + 3 unenhanced lights
2) ALL THE ROWS (no cross)

Ideally you ping her into dark with the Cross + 3 lights then use rows to kill her. Skyfall trolls abound though. Kagu is basically the same thing but you can use a prong to drop his resolve if you're feeling lucky. Those were the only floors I had any trouble with. Even combo shield floors were fine since 6 combos isn't terrible given how much extra move time Myr gives you.

Save an enhance for Kali if you're not running the +HP Badge since you can't tank the hit in SP with a cross at full HP (at least I couldn't). The Mass Attack badge or the + HP badge would be me recommendation here.

ccbfan

3/4 on Tsubaki skillups so far! I will now go an eternity with no more skillups.

How many dragons do I skillup alongside Tsubaki?

You basically need 4 Tsubaki actives and 7 skills boosts.

2 you get from leader and partner.

So you need another 2 subs that Tsubaki or Yamato Dragon.

Also depends on your other subs, if you don't have any other good red subs then skilling up more dragons would not be a bad idea if you can't get scarlet and skill her up.

The top subs are

Leilan
Cao Cao
Yamato

J0dy77

Apoc
Saria
LAkechi
A. DQXQ
L. Izanami
Moogle
Elia

Apocalypse is probably the best active skill you can get for Myr, especially when paired with Dqxq active. Apocalypse is my most wanted card right now specifically for that team and reason. I'd probably run, Elia, moogle, Apocalypse and Saria.

I personally run, Venus, Dqxq, and 2x Wu Kong. The problem I have is big burst. I try and pair with a Myr that inherits Apocalypse so I can get big damage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You basically need 4 Tsubaki actives and 7 skills boosts.

2 you get from leader and partner.

So you need another 2 subs that Tsubaki or Yamato Dragon.

Also depends on your other subs, if you don't have any other good red subs then skilling up more dragons would not be a bad idea if you can't get scarlet and skill her up.

The top subs are

Leilan
Cao Cao
Yamato

I have all 3 of those! Should I still skill a dragon or two?

LiQuid!

Coolest feeling while level an alt and not hitting a wall after Castle of Satan because you know what you're doing this time and how to properly build a team around a leader skill. First time I got there with my main I thought that was it. I thought I wasn't going to be able to play any more PAD cause it was just too hard for me.

ccbfan

I have all 3 of those! Should I still skill a dragon or two?

You need 4 max skilled Tsubaki actives for the system.

So as long as your team has 4 your don't need to any more Dragons.

Also if you don't have a max skilled D.Iza get one asap. With this team you can keep D.Iza's active up indefinitely. So basically using DIza as a sub equal passive 35% damage reduction.

LiQuid!

In my never ending quest to pull a succubus out of the low-tier dungeons I just got my 2nd vamp out of Castle of Santa. My luck is misdirected! :(

Bladelaw

Hey let me know when you want to run. Ping me on discord Bladelaw#6504 I'm good to go whenever.

Hey let me know when you want to run. Ping me on discord Bladelaw#6504 I'm good to go whenever.

Cool, just got home.

Sent you a friend request (I think?) because I don't know how discord works aside from typing things and hitting Enter. I should be some variation of "moblin".

edit: yay! now I can evolve some things

thank you a ton.

I need to skill up australis.

LiQuid!

Due to a "messaging issue" during the last godfest we all get a free snow globe dragon. What was the messaging issue?

Always happy to get some free EXP but damn it why did it have to be red? On my main account I've gotten 3 snow globes since I started and all 3 have been red ones and red is the color I need the least. I don't use any red cards currently. Have 2 of them taking up box space now (one was used to max level my Ame no Uzume).

Meanwhile on my alt, I've gotten 2 random presents from people and both have dark snow globe dragons in them which is the main color I'm running. Alt account shaping up to be the new main account with all this good fortune. Wish I could steal my dark subs off the main account tho. That poor Zuoh sitting in the main's box unused making me sad.

edit: wtf I got 2 free red snow globes on the alt. Only 1 on the main. What is happening? I have so much exp and no monsters to feed it tooooooo

ed2: reddit says you get a globe for each fire gala card you rolled, which makes sense. I got Krishna and a red wizard waifu on my alt and Urial on main. Still VERY curious what the messaging issue was...

Top Bottom