• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

....might be based on how much you rolled

I just got 10 snow globe dragons, holy hell

...it's still not a liu bei though, die in the hottest fire gungho

edit: 5 stones for some easily obtained exp is kind of an outrage, actually

W-00

ed2: reddit says you get a globe for each fire gala card you rolled, which makes sense. I got Krishna and a red wizard waifu on my alt and Urial on main. Still VERY curious what the messaging issue was...

That would explain why I got two on my main (go drown in a lake, Salamanders!) and only one on my alt (I might find a use for you, Griffin Rider).

And yeah, add me to the curious list. If there was some fault in the code that might have resulted in us getting different rolls than we would have without the fault, then a snow globe dragon is nowhere near enough compensation.

EDIT: Ah, seems speculation is that it's because the cards didn't come out at level 30 like they were supposed to.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Pretty incredible compensation considering the modicum of exp it takes to get a monster to level 30. You can max level most monsters with a globe.

if that's the reason and not a GF droprate issue then yes I'm fine with it and I will happily drown in a sea of snow globes

I need some tough evo materials (dragon fruits for tsubaki etc) but at least now I have the exp.

also I evo'd Ilm and am leveling him/her/it for the hell of it, I get the feeling it will probably be worth it eventually (PADx suggests JP has ultimate forms so they're coming here).

Jagernaut

I spent an entire stamina bar today (300 stamina) plus some more, farming Scarlet Sky Int solo while its on 2x drop. I max skilled Genie, have 2 left on Thanatos, 4 left on Shaitan.

Bladelaw

Here's the explanation:
*Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*
We have confirmed a messaging issue regarding the 220K Facebook Likes Godfest. An in-game message incorrectly stated that all monsters received from the Rare Egg Machine during the Godfest would arrive at max level, when only featured Gods were intended to arrive at max level, as correctly indicated in the official Facebook page’s Godfest announcement.
To address this issue, Snow Globe Dragons and Coins have been delivered to those who rolled non-featured monsters during the Godfest as compensation and to aid in raising the affected monsters to max level via Power-Up Fusion.
One Snow Globe Dragon and 5,000 Coins has been delivered for each non-featured monster that was rolled during the Godfest. The Attribute of each Snow Globe Dragon matches the Attribute of the monster that was received.
Compensation details are included below:
1 Snow Globe Dragon and 5,000 Coins for every non-featured monster rolled during the 220K Facebook Likes Godfest
Notes:
*Compensation has been delivered directly to affected players via in-game mail.
*For monsters that require more than one Snow Globe Dragon in order to reach max level, two Snow Globe Dragons and 10,000 Coins have been delivered as compensation.
*Though compensation is guaranteed to be received, newer messages may not be delivered when the inbox becomes full. Please ensure that sufficient space is available at all times.
*Like most message types, compensation mail has expiration dates. When an in-game mail expires, attached monsters, Magic Stones, Dungeons, Coins and Pal Points will become unredeemable.
For more details on in-game mail expiration dates, see here: http://bit.ly/2bNvPHQ
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Thank you for playing Puzzle & Dragons.

I'm officially out of cards to level. I even globed the things I wanted to inherit.

jiggle

I rolled like 4 times per account
But only got globe for 1
Not every monster gets compensated?

Oh nvm
Only the non lv50s are rewarded

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ronove skillups available! How exciting!

Let's go get some maaaaaaasks!!!

6 blue, 1 fucking green so far FUCK this game

Real talk tho, my bootleg green row team is so good for piggybacking on ALB teams I love it so much. Last week Wednesday legend felt so so difficult but this week it's a breeze. Hardest part is trying to be the first one to enter the room ID when an ALB host shows up. Gonna use my next couple bars of stamina on more runs and get my Ronove MAXED today, come hell or high water. I'll start stoning if I have to.

Jagernaut

Ronove skillups available! How exciting!

Let's go get some maaaaaaasks!!!

6 blue, 1 fucking green so far FUCK this game

Real talk tho, my bootleg green row team is so good for piggybacking on ALB teams I love it so much. Last week Wednesday legend felt so so difficult but this week it's a breeze. Hardest part is trying to be the first one to enter the room ID when an ALB host shows up. Gonna use my next couple bars of stamina on more runs and get my Ronove MAXED today, come hell or high water. I'll start stoning if I have to.

I hope you aren't feeding Ronove ancient green masks today since the skill hasn't changed yet. Green masks are still Australis skillups right now.

Finally got around to UUevoing my Zeus Dioses

Should be able to get ALB up finally by Friday. Need to finish skilling the last Dios, and evo a Zhao Yun. Don't have enough lits right now to devolve my G/R Liu Bei too lol

Okamid3n

How come puzzledragonx.com doesn't seem to list rogue dungeons anymore?? Didn't list Linthia yesterday, didn't list the ones before, didn't list Gainaut today...

Makes planning harder.

J0dy77

How come puzzledragonx.com doesn't seem to list rogue dungeons anymore?? Didn't list Linthia yesterday, didn't list the ones before, didn't list Gainaut today...

Makes planning harder.

Why do people prefer Padx.com over Pad Guide so much? I never understood that. Personal preference for me I guess. I'll check out Padx for the news when they have JP streams but that's really it.

The alarms and having the information directly on the phone are such a big thing for me with Pad guide.

Why do people prefer Padx.com over Pad Guide so much? I never understood that. Personal preference for me I guess. I'll check out Padx for the news when they have JP streams but that's really it.

The alarms and having the information directly on the phone are such a big thing for me with Pad guide.

I generally just use Pad guide for timers. I'm just so used to looking up dungeon info on PADx. I do use pad guide for skill up rotations. I'm sure there's a lot of useful stuff on there that I just don't utilize

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No one hyped for Revo Lakshmi and Parvati ? Both of them seem really awesome - from the Arena 3 runs i have seen so far. Might be the 3rd time i give Lakshmi a try lol.

Congrats! Can't wait for Krishna, feel like he's going to be the most consistent Arena 1 farm team for me.

Thanks - def. looking forward to Krishna just have to figure out the best subs for him.

LiQuid!

Is that dungeon that drops Krishna skill ups available permanently, or is it on a limited rotation? I'd love to skill him up on my alt but he's in no shape rank/stamina/team wise to farm skillup dungeons right now.

Bladelaw

Due to work I don't always have phone access so using PADx to look for guerillas or even just team build when I'm idle is handy.

Jagernaut

No one hyped for Revo Lakshmi and Parvati ? Both of them seem really awesome - from the Arena 3 runs i have seen so far. Might be the 3rd time i give Lakshmi a try lol.

Thanks - def. looking forward to Krishna just have to figure out the best subs for him.

I have both Awoken Lakshmi and Awoken Parvati. I've always liked Parvati so I'm looking forward to the revo, the added atk power and bind clear awakening are really nice. Never spent much time with Lakshmi.

I will also focus more on Krishna, haven't played him recently.

b33r

I hope we get the py dungeons from challenges soon like JP. It's really nice to be able to choose which py you want.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have both Awoken Lakshmi and Awoken Parvati. I've always liked Parvati so I'm looking forward to the revo, the added atk power and bind clear awakening are really nice. Never spent much time with Lakshmi.

I will also focus more on Krishna, haven't played him recently.

Yeah - Parvati would also be a kickass sub for teams like Kaede, where Lakshmi is useless unless you run her squad. Really interested in both.

I might prepare for Parvati and give her another shot - need a reason to use my hypered Michael again lol.

Okamid3n

I have Parvati and I'll use her a bit when her revo comes out, but I don't really want leads without hp-boost or cross shields anymore. Plus, green is my weakest color...

...and yet, it's also my most used color since I have Liu Bei.

My Krishna is hyper'd and overfed with tamadras already, though. He'll be great.

Bladelaw

I've been playing around with a Balboa/Awoken Artemis team after watching dzydzydino clear arena and I'm actually really impressed by the results. It's tanky and capable of putting out enough damage to clear up to and including Arena 1.

It can be a little active heavy.

Here's what I'm playing around with:
Balboa (Awoken Freyja)
Vishnu
Orochi
Kaede (Australis)
Isis
Awoken Artemis

Basically prong green and blue and stuff just dies. I feel like a more reliable method to generate blue would be good here (Umi/Yami?). On that note I need more Awoken Artemis friends so let me know if you have one you want to put to use.

LiQuid!

What's up with Bilbo as a leader? His leader skill seems underwhelming.

Quantum

for me its two screening.

If I run a dungeon that I haven't memorized its easy to have padx up to see whats about to come on each floor without app switching.

I also used to love the "suggested team" section when it was being updated - I was fascinated (still am) about the different ways people would attempt content.

Bladelaw

What's up with Bilbo as a leader? His leader skill seems underwhelming.

Do you mean Balboa? If so I can hopefully provide some insight.

When paired with Awoken Artemis they create a 2/4/2 team that jumps to 2/36/2 when wood and water are matched. This is a slow roll tank team at first glance until you look into the viable sub pool for wood and water.

Orochi, Kaede, Vishnu, Umisachi/Yamasachi all have solid attack values and multiple prongs. We'll take Kaede using unenhanced orbs to make my life easier

a wood prong plus a 3 water match would have Hypermax Kaede do 321,792 damage (source) before the TPA modifier triggers. 3 TPAs = 4.5x damage on that card (1.5x per prong * 3 prongs). 321,792 * 4.5 = 1,448,064

If my understanding of prongs is right. However if prongs are calculated like the gemstone buffs then it's less damage but still significant:
1+ (0.5*3) = 2.5x
321,792*2.5 = 804,480 damage

That's just 1 card with 7 orbs and two combos. Start stacking prongs with a Beach Sonia board or a skuld -->Umi/yami/Artemis board and things get out of hand quickly. It's not going to regularly crack 8 million defense, but then you have Balboa's active which voids defense. All this with around 50k HP and enough recovery to heal back to full when needed. This is a trivial activation requirement for a significant amount of damage.

It's also easy to control damage by choosing how many orbs to match and what type. Skyfall troll can still happen of course but that's not a unique risk to this team.

Okamid3n

a wood prong plus a 3 water match would have Hypermax Kaede do 321,792 damage (source) before the TPA modifier triggers. 3 TPAs = 4.5x damage on that card (1.5x per prong * 3 prongs). 321,792 * 4.5 = 1,448,064

If my understanding of prongs is right. However if prongs are calculated like the gemstone buffs then it's less damage but still significant:
1+ (0.5*3) = 2.5x
321,792*2.5 = 804,480 damage

I am pretty sure prongs are calculated as (1.5)^3=3.375x

Bladelaw

I am pretty sure prongs are calculated as (1.5)^3=3.375x

Fair enough, either way it's a shitload of damage for 7 orbs.

To make myself feel better I ran the team through Ultimate Endless and cleared it. I'm pretty happy with the results. Basically all you do is clear the board as best you can to make sure you stay flush with water/wood. If you know it going in you can stall on a few floors. If I hypered this team I'd hit 50k hp no problem. 99% gravities are a little annoying but I think the lack of RCV + eggs hurt me more than anything there.

I'm going to poke around a bit in endless tonight to find out what combination of actives work best. Really my biggest problem is lack of TE but that's more to Myr making me lazy.

Okamid3n

Japan got a minimum box-size increase to 100 (instead of 20) for new accounts and so everyone got +80 boxspace, if I remember. We should get it...at some point.

J0dy77

Why I still love XM!

pwrCUIL.jpg

After we talked about her yesterday I started feeling guilty and took her for a couple arena spins. She's so consistent and huge burst. I think people just get bored with the grinding play style after having Myr burst through everything.

Bladelaw

Why I still love XM!

After we talked about her yesterday I started feeling guilty and took her for a couple arena spins. She's so consistent and huge burst. I think people just get bored with the grinding play style after having Myr burst through everything.

Spot on. There's enough options for crazy damage and great durability that Xiang Mei is just slow in comparison. That doesn't make her bad by any stretch. Most cross leads are one fuckup away from game over. Xiang Mei gives you plenty of breathing room and the ability to wreck almost anything...eventually. Sun Quan or Arcline are super satisfying to use if you can manage to hold on to the active in time for Kali.

I'm getting the same feeling with Balboa/Artemis. It's fast enough and durable enough and flexible enough to really go places. It lacks the bonkers spike potential XM has but the wider sub pool makes up for it and you can always inherit a norse spike.

Also how do color spike actives work? Say I pop Awoken I&I on my Balboa/Artemis team. Every sub has a blue sub attribute. Do the cards get the boost to all damage, or only water damage? I feel like it's the latter but I haven't confirmed. Given the way I'm building the team I might just inherit Facet. 10 prong awakenings make a 4x spike and doesn't care about type.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Why I still love XM!

I saw this post on reddit and then on GungHo's Facebook page.

PAD Meta Stuff by PAD Ragnarok

It's really fascinating to think about. Obviously some metas are significantly more important than others and certain monsters bring more extreme changes (Luci comes to mind). But the author makes a strikingly accurate point - new monsters don't immediately invalidate older monsters.

Okamid3n

Also how do color spike actives work? Say I pop Awoken I&I on my Balboa/Artemis team. Every sub has a blue sub attribute. Do the cards get the boost to all damage, or only water damage? I feel like it's the latter but I haven't confirmed. Given the way I'm building the team I might just inherit Facet. 10 prong awakenings make a 4x spike and doesn't care about type.

Yea, it only boosts water damage itself, so it's the latter.

As for Xiang Mei, I still think she looks awesome and I'd buy her in a heartbeat if I rolled Gadius, heartcross meta be damned.

Jagernaut

Why I still love XM!

pwrCUIL.jpg

Is the 4th card Mamiya? I just pulled one and could make the same team if I bought XM.

LiQuid!

Japan got a minimum box-size increase to 100 (instead of 20) for new accounts and so everyone got +80 boxspace, if I remember. We should get it...at some point.

This is awesome, but my OCD is going to force me to spend 4 stones to bring my box back to a multiple of 25 when we get it. Please don't judge me, it already hurts enough just being me.

Bladelaw

This is awesome, but my OCD is going to force me to spend 4 stones to bring my box back to a multiple of 25 when we get it. Please don't judge me, it already hurts enough just being me.

If it makes you feel any better box space is the one sure thing solid stone purchase. You always need it and it never goes away.

coy

My main is at 1220 and my alt is at 1120. Once the announcement was made, I immediately bought space knowing I eventually would to even things out.

J0dy77

Spot on. There's enough options for crazy damage and great durability that Xiang Mei is just slow in comparison. That doesn't make her bad by any stretch. Most cross leads are one fuckup away from game over. Xiang Mei gives you plenty of breathing room and the ability to wreck almost anything...eventually. Sun Quan or Arcline are super satisfying to use if you can manage to hold on to the active in time for Kali.

I'm getting the same feeling with Balboa/Artemis. It's fast enough and durable enough and flexible enough to really go places. It lacks the bonkers spike potential XM has but the wider sub pool makes up for it and you can always inherit a norse spike.

Yup. Completely agree. There is something about the Myr "live or die" play style that has been extremely fun and rewarding. If only I could get Apocalypse for her.

Is the 4th card Mamiya? I just pulled one and could make the same team if I bought XM.

Yup, love Mamiya. She's very underrated on this team. There are definitely better options, id rather have another XM or second Uriel but no second Uriel and not worth the 300k to me. I often find that red orbs can be needed just as much as hearts. The way I have the inherits works very well. XM has urd inherit and I can combo that with RRH or Mamiya depending on how the board turns out for huge burst and never get trolled. I inherit sun Quan on Mamiya with the short CD and her ability to get rid of jammers is a big plus as well, Especially helpful grinding Myr dungeon.

W-00

Hm, I don't seem to be able to replicate my previous success against Seraphis. Anyone with an ALB team and either a good delay (at least three turns) or a light-damage nullifier (Thanatos, Raphael) want to team up and smash through it with me?

Jagernaut

Hm, I don't seem to be able to replicate my previous success against Seraphis. Anyone with an ALB team and either a good delay (at least three turns) or a light-damage nullifier (Thanatos, Raphael) want to team up and smash through it with me?

Still need someone? I can bring Awoken Orochi and/or Raphael/Thanatos.

b33r

Ugh, finally beat Hera +297. I much prefer the Zeus one as I can 0 or 1 stone it easily. With Hera I don't bother with stones as the combo shield is rough with You Yu. I just tried it a few times a day when my friend with dark damage void was up, 6 combos many a time with no skyfall... Just now, 5 combo that skyfalled into a 11 combo lol. I'll take it.

Top Bottom