• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

hit 1300, burned all free stones for fun, was going to roll in halloween but I don't think any are worth rolling for (either too rare or not helpful)

Sitri
Sherias
Sitri
Skuld

two silvers immediately sold.

- never had sherias or sitri, but dupe skuld.

If i sell everything easy 95k MP

not sure what I will do, Sitri looks like an interesting sub for B.Myr (no heart break double orb change), Sherias looks too weak to be of use. Dupe skuld - I can't imagine using her - might sell.

I don't recommend selling 6* GFE since Skuld is super useful on pretty much every blue team her skill can be inherited too. Sitri is perfect on Bmyr and Sumire.

Sherias can be useful on ronove if you can make hearts after but yeah he's not an amazing leader. His active is useful on ADQXQ and a few other rainbow teams.

If you aren't looking at an MP purchase I'd hang on to them.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Arkham Knight is a good devil type delay but he is an invade so harder to skill up. Bane is an ok laser for button teams.

Deathstroke skills up Blue Odin, nothing else interesting IMO.

Gotcha. Is it worth skilling up my Ra? Since A.Ra is a different skill, I don't see the value right now.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Solo cleared both difficulties of Goemon with Ronove. No preemptives. Might as well have been Departure Tower.

Noob question: when you inherit a skill onto something can you continue to skill it up on the base monster without having to un-inherit it, and will the skill ups transfer to the card that has it inherited on?

jay23

5 rolls

2 akechi(I have 4 now 0_0)
Hatsume
Light wee jas
Silver trash

What should I do with my 2 new akechis? I already have one D/D and one D/L.

Quantum

I don't recommend selling 6* GFE since Skuld is super useful on pretty much every blue team her skill can be inherited too. Sitri is perfect on Bmyr and Sumire.

Sherias can be useful on ronove if you can make hearts after but yeah he's not an amazing leader. His active is useful on ADQXQ and a few other rainbow teams.

If you aren't looking at an MP purchase I'd hang on to them.

I probably will hold off selling - I was just crying MP poor a few post ago, but reviewing my box I have a lot of dupes that I could burn, I do like to keep two of everything - a few mobs I keep more l (4 red odins or 4 summer urds for example).

I agree sitri is perfect for B.Myr, but I have to alter the way I have been playing my B.myr team - I have been playing way too defensive with it (too many heart generators)

b33r

Solo cleared both difficulties of Goemon with Ronove. No preemptives. Might as well have been Departure Tower.

Noob question: when you inherit a skill onto something can you continue to skill it up on the base monster without having to un-inherit it, and will the skill ups transfer to the card that has it inherited on?

Yes you can skill up monsters that are inherited on to other cards.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
One pull - LKali dupe No. 4 - sold her.

Times have really changed - poor Kali.
4 pulls, 3 times shit, last pull: KAEDE!

Its my second one, so my Ronove team is complete! :)

Ronove, Kaede, Kaede, RagDra, Rozuel!!! :D

Hah...congrats - you just won the game.*

*at least until the next power creep xD

Rasamune

Neo Member
5 rolls across both days:

• Dantalion
  • dupe Thumbelina
  • dupe Skuld
  • dupe Cinderella
  • and dupe Akechi

Dantalion looks awesome but idk if I have the right subs for him; got Yamato and Gadius for red- and heart-making at least, plus Tsubaki for enhance awakenings

2 rolls

Akechi #3. They will probably awaken him at some point so now I can have 1 of each if needed I guess.

Ishida Mitsunari. This guy seems like badass sub for any wood team. I can also see him being a nice inherit for a wood or dark team.

b33r

I did 3 rolls today, lmeta kept this one as I sold my other and hoping someday she will be relevant.

Leeza and Ishida Mitsunari. 2 green cards I didn't have at least. Much better than yesterday.

Okamid3n

My rolls were all hot garbage. I should have avoided this GF like I originally planned. Still got plenty of saved stones at least.

I raged through all my saved stones and I concur with this statement. (Well, aside from Ronove, I wanted him).

Oh well, I've played this game often enough that I know this always ends up happening for me. It's why I don't IAP.

Day 1
-Sitri (real happy with this 'cause my BMyr has been dying for some good subs. was hoping the water carnival would tip things in my favour)
-Anubis (got lots of good dark subs, so I'm looking forward to raising this guy)
-Chrono Turtle (???)
-Cerebus Rider (dupe)

Day 2
-Zuoh (looks promising)
-GOdin (I'm hearing he's primarily used for Skill Inheritance?)
-Umisachi+Yamasachi (I've got some good prospective subs for them but they'll take some time to raise...)
-Fuu (bleh)

I was hoping for a Sumire or Kaede for my BMyr and Ronove, but no dice. I guess saving for the Player's Choice Godfest would be the thing to do?

Also, I'm wondering what a good inherit for BMyr and Ronove would be. I saw some people talking about Megumi for BMyr, which I managed to snag, but since I'm relatively new to the game, Woodpy are hard to come by... Also, I've seen people suggest Facet for Ronove, and I did get her for my YOLO roll in the Director's Choice carnival, but I don't know if that idea can reach it's full potential with no Kaede...

b33r

Day 1
-Sitri (real happy with this 'cause my BMyr has been dying for some good subs. was hoping the water carnival would tip things in my favour)
-Anubis (got lots of good dark subs, so I'm looking forward to raising this guy)
-Chrono Turtle (???)
-Cerebus Rider (dupe)

Day 2
-Zuoh (looks promising)
-GOdin (I'm hearing he's primarily used for Skill Inheritance?)
-Umisachi+Yamasachi (I've got some good prospective subs for them but they'll take some time to raise...)
-Fuu (bleh)

I was hoping for a Sumire or Kaede for my BMyr and Ronove, but no dice. I guess saving for the Player's Choice Godfest would be the thing to do?

Also, I'm wondering what a good inherit for BMyr and Ronove would be. I saw some people talking about Megumi for BMyr, which I managed to snag, but since I'm relatively new to the game, Woodpy are hard to come by... Also, I've seen people suggest Facet for Ronove, and I did get her for my YOLO roll in the Director's Choice carnival, but I don't know if that idea can reach it's full potential with no Kaede...

I have awoken Ra on my bmyr for rogue dungeons and arena 2. I got some best friends from it. I try to pair with a bmyr with a bind clear or another heart maker inherit. It really depends on what you want to run. I did mine because I play solo and it deals with predra floors.

I wish we had a combo lead with some survivability. Getting bored of the heart cross meta. Gonna start using Ace Bastet more. I have a kushi but she just seems like a pain to use and I'm not seeing the benefit. Anyone else like combo leads? Of all the styles I find it by far the most fun.

Okamid3n

While Krishna isn't a combo lead, I feel like I'll get the same kind of enjoyment from him as I would from a combo lead, and he has more than decent survivability.

W-00

Thank you, everyone who has posted about their lousy pulls! Your pain has helped me resist pulling on my main, which would surely have been punished. Thanks to you, I shall remain firm in my plan to save all but two pulls (to be wasted on the Halloween REM) for the PCGF!

Sure, some people say the PCGF is a trap, but I got Amaterasu, Haku, Pandora, Raphael #2, Akechi #2, and Orochi out of it, and all of them have been useful. Granted, I also got Hathor and Rei Sirius, neither of whom I've found a use for, and a couple trash that I got rid of, but still, getting over half of my most active team from it is nothing to sneeze at.

3rd Sumire....whyyyyyyy

So that you can start building a Sumire system team? Which is actually pretty awesome.

Thank you, everyone who has posted about their lousy pulls! Your pain has helped me resist pulling on my main, which would surely have been punished. Thanks to you, I shall remain firm in my plan to save all but two pulls (to be wasted on the Halloween REM) for the PCGF!

Sure, some people say the PCGF is a trap, but I got Amaterasu, Haku, Pandora, Raphael #2, Akechi #2, and Orochi out of it, and all of them have been useful. Granted, I also got Hathor and Rei Sirius, neither of whom I've found a use for, and a couple trash that I got rid of, but still, getting over half of my most active team from it is nothing to sneeze at.

So that you can start building a Sumire system team? Which is actually pretty awesome.

I prefer Myr to sumire though I do have the making of a great sumire team.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wish we had a combo lead with some survivability. Getting bored of the heart cross meta. Gonna start using Ace Bastet more. I have a kushi but she just seems like a pain to use and I'm not seeing the benefit. Anyone else like combo leads? Of all the styles I find it by far the most fun.

Combo leads can buuuuuuuuuuuuurn

Okamid3n

Finally rank 250. My roll for the rank machine was Keiji. Not sure what use he'll have, but cool nonetheless!

Keiji's board shuffle is great to clear locked orbs. Was especially useful for Zeus +297 a few weeks back and I'm sure it'll be relevant again in the future.

perseus really is a ghetto ALB lol

I'm just glad most people in Multiplayer are ok with pairing their ALB teams with mine, with a few skill boosts the damage is fine for farming

LiQuid!

Yeah, Australis is even more ghetto but gets the job done. I just wish I had my own army of farmed up mzeuses tho. Can't tell you guys how many times I've lost monday legend because the dude I'm cooping with uses his last mzeus on the dubs (that I've left armor broken with my Bilbo from the prior floor) when he could have literally matched 3 green orbs to clear it instead. Then we get to the last floor and I'm out of actives and he's out of mzeuses. People so brainless when they ALB farm I'm telling you.

I've been farming Bane skillups for like 5 hours straight and FUCK Bane. Doing this on my main (4-5 Batmang runs then a Monday to rank up, repeat) where I don't even need the Lazer that much. I need it way more on my alt but nobody is farming this stupid thing aside from the occasional ALBro so 1. I'll never get a dark row team to do it, and 2. it's going to be IMPOOOOOSSIBLE to do this over the course of the week when I don't have Monday dungeon to rank me up for infinite runs. I've got to be something like 3 for 30 on skill ups too. This 3x can kiss my ass.

Bladelaw

Finished running challenges today.
C10 can eat a dick. I wanted to solo it (mistake 1) so I was doing DC runs with You Yu. Basically it boils down to how lucky you get with Gran Reverse's initial absorbs. If water, get fucked. You can survive the initial hit but odds are good you'll get boned by the puppet is you get heart trolled.

The good news is if you can get out of that floor only using 1 skill you're probably in the clear.

I used:
You Yu
Skuld
Scheat
B/L Hermes
Amon

Fl1: pray for no blue absorb, Scheat kill
Fl2: Scheat sky fall should give you enough orbs, if not You Yu and kill
Fl3: Amon's Machine killer is OP here. pretty much any activation kills
Fl4: Pop Amon and kill, Amon's counter kills them
FL5: Pop hermes and You Yu number two, combo really freaking hard. You Yu's Attacker boost and Hermes devil killer put in work. You need to do ~61 million damage to one shot with a blue team. I bet Hatsume would work too but Hermes floods the board better.

C9 is trivial with a ALB team. Just make sure you have enough SBR accounting for the bind on floor 2.

LiQuid!

Anybody got a panda/dark row team that can semi-carry my alt thru goemon? Got good orb changer actives on this team but low SB.

edit: thanks Bladelaw!

LiQuid!

For you and for all others that haven't joined yet,

check this out: https://discord.gg/pad

its the biggest Discord PAD channel. You will nearly always find someone to play with on this server.

Oh yeah, I've been on there for weeks. It's just not always easy to find specific stuff with specific teams. It's like 90% ALB and button farming on there, especially for easy content. Tried to find a dark row team for Thief descend for a bit before asking here when I was starting to run out of time in the day to get it done.

Bladelaw

Against all good judgement I went and rolled twice on the Batman collab. Catwoman and silver Batman. I expected nothing and was still disappointed.

On a lighter note: I'm looking to farm up the remaining 125k MP I need to buy Rag Dragon for Mathena (and Ronove if I ever roll him). So today is pretty much all Linthia all the time. I'll be farming hard tonight and whenever I get a few minutes of downtime at work. After farming up a scarlet system I think it's definitely an achieveable goal before Rag Drag leaves the MP shop. And if not I have a few extra things I've been holding on to sell.

LiQuid!

Those event REMs seem like the trappiest traps that ever trapped. Every time a new collabo comes out I hop on youtube and check for vids of people pulling on em and it's just dupe silver after dupe silver all day long. There always happens to be 1 or 2 gold eggs in the mix too to give you a false sense of hope but they're troll golds or basically silvers themselves.

In other news, I pulled one more time per account yesterday before the GF ended and got Mori Motonari on both accounts. More not-so-exciting-yet-not-bad pulls. I pulled something like 12 or 13 times total among both accounts this GF and managed to not get a single silver egg, and most of the pulls were decent to good, or at least useful in some way. Let's go PCGF. Still got a lot of stones to burn.

J0dy77

Went way overboard chasing on the 4x Godfest yesterday. Only got one somewhat worthwhile pull out of 7 (Balboa), very frustrating. Whole lot of crap.

Just finished one shotting Challenge floors 8 and 9 blind with Myr, extremely easy. Now to actually look at floor 10.

Bladelaw

Went way overboard chasing on the 4x Godfest yesterday. Only got one somewhat worthwhile pull out of 7 (Balboa), very frustrating. Whole lot of crap.

Just finished one shotting Challenge floors 8 and 9 blind with Myr, extremely easy. Now to actually look at floor 10.
I'll tell you this with You Yu it was either trivial or impossible. I'd recommend a more consistent lead.

Aesnath

I feel really scatterbrained. I'm having some trouble committing to a solo team.

Either way, looking at my stuff, I'm thinking about putting together the following team

Gremory (lead)
Drawn Joker
Ronove
Green winged star angel Ruel
Perseus
Gremory (helper)

I've still got to evolve and awaken Perseus, but I found out he becomes balanced in his third and fourth evo, making his active seem pretty good for this team, if we focus on green and black. I'm going with this because I feel like having fast actives is really what I want. After having messed with preliminary Gremory teams, this feels much easier than Ronove. I can do a heart cross plus a match most of the time. 36x damage and 57% damage shield seems workable on non-boss floors. This also gives me a total of six time extends, which feels pretty good. Unbindable leaders and complete skill lock resistance seems good too. If I need poison, I can always stick in Lilith without too much trouble.

So, what I want to know is, am I on a good tangent with this? Theoretically, it checks a lot of boxes, but I'm still in the process of leveling everything up. I could still go mono-dark devil, but then I lose ronove (two time extends, fast active that makes hearts/clears obstacles) and perseus (heart/wood maker, two time extends, two team skill bind resists). Everyone says pandora would be great for gremory, but I don't have one. Perseus seems doable if I split damage between green and black. However, I still have lu bu, who could make an extreme damage spike when necessary (432x), but that sort of feels like it would be overkill most of the time (when it would be nice, things seem to have a resolve anyway).

Okamid3n

I did C10 easily. ALB coop with Astaroth sub for her Counter which lets you one-shot floor 4.

Just gotta hope for no green absorb on floor 1....yeah. Otherwise, it's buttons as usual.

The locked orbs actually help to combo on floor 4, I just used Zeus Dios after my partner failed to beat the combo count somehow on that floor. All the locked orbs let me combo enough to break the combo shield.

Kreed

I usually do the Challenges backwards from C10 to C1. For C10 and C9 I went with Myr because I didn't have the patience to waste stamina trying out other teams, but with C8 and below (excluding the one with the fixed team) I went with Ace Bastet which was more fun.

I feel really scatterbrained. I'm having some trouble committing to a solo team.

Either way, looking at my stuff, I'm thinking about putting together the following team

Gremory (lead)
Drawn Joker
Ronove
Green winged star angel Ruel
Perseus
Gremory (helper)

I've still got to evolve and awaken Perseus, but I found out he becomes balanced in his third and fourth evo, making his active seem pretty good for this team, if we focus on green and black. I'm going with this because I feel like having fast actives is really what I want. After having messed with preliminary Gremory teams, this feels much easier than Ronove. I can do a heart cross plus a match most of the time. 36x damage and 57% damage shield seems workable on non-boss floors. This also gives me a total of six time extends, which feels pretty good. Unbindable leaders and complete skill lock resistance seems good too. If I need poison, I can always stick in Lilith without too much trouble.

So, what I want to know is, am I on a good tangent with this? Theoretically, it checks a lot of boxes, but I'm still in the process of leveling everything up. I could still go mono-dark devil, but then I lose ronove (two time extends, fast active that makes hearts/clears obstacles) and perseus (heart/wood maker, two time extends, two team skill bind resists). Everyone says pandora would be great for gremory, but I don't have one. Perseus seems doable if I split damage between green and black. However, I still have lu bu, who could make an extreme damage spike when necessary (432x), but that sort of feels like it would be overkill most of the time (when it would be nice, things seem to have a resolve anyway).

Gremory is my main team, and she's awesome. I'm fortunate to have just about a perfect team (Plum, akechi, Typhon, and A. Pandora), so I haven't ran her with off color subs but that team should be pretty good at least in theory. Really go nuts when there's a good godfest or PCGF with key subs like Pandora, because they'd be a huge get for you. I think all her key subs will make PCGF, so maybe save your stones for that. And if you ever get to where you can farm MP, plum is a great purchase. A. Yomi is another good sub if you have him.

Aesnath

Gremory is my main team, and she's awesome. I'm fortunate to have just about a perfect team (Plum, akechi, Typhon, and A. Pandora), so I haven't ran her with off color subs but that team should be pretty good at least in theory. Really go nuts when there's a good godfest or PCGF with key subs like Pandora, because they'd be a huge get for you. I think all her key subs will make PCGF, so maybe save your stones for that. And if you ever get to where you can farm MP, plum is a great purchase. A. Yomi is another good sub if you have him.

Um...so what exactly is the PCGF? And when is it?

LiQuid!

Is Linthia difficult? I noticed it's L+ and M+ and it seems to take a somewhat specialized team from looking at the postings for it on Discord. I wanna farm her up badly for my Ronove team but I still have very little experience running actual end game content without ALB cheese.

jay23

AKA trollfest because of all the 6 star GFEs that get voted in nowadays lol. I'm sure I'll still roll unless they give us that gfe rem at the same time.

Tho when I first started playing pad I saved up 150 stones for PCGF and had some really great rolls. Pulled lkali when she was first released, ronia when she was still the Queen of pad, bastet, sakuya, shiva, and dqxq.

SOOOO close
ctKmrwF.jpg

I'm not even sure what to buy yet...I'll probably wait till the next set of mp monsters.

J0dy77

I'll tell you this with You Yu it was either trivial or impossible. I'd recommend a more consistent lead.

I one shot it with Myr, was really easy with really no threat of dying as long as you keep the shield up, which on a 7x6 board isn't all that hard. Just wait out the couple binds and burst.

I keep having shit luck with the fixed team challenge; the constant orb trolling ensures I can't activate the LS, and TWICE now I've bursted Wadatsumi from full health to super low... where she just uses her nuke and ends the game.

I just want my woodpy :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I keep having shit luck with the fixed team challenge; the constant orb trolling ensures I can't activate the LS, and TWICE now I've bursted Wadatsumi from full health to super low... where she just uses her nuke and ends the game.

Took me 4 tries. It's all about those light TPAs.

J0dy77

Took me 4 tries. It's all about those light TPAs.

This floor was the hardest of the entire challenge for me. Took me 3 tries just to get used to the team and how to play it.

Nico has it right with the TPA being the key to damage. I also suggest saving Maeda Keiji active for the Indigo floor to clear out all the mess.

I kept get trolled for hearts on the couple wipes I had and got taken out by preemptive damage.

LiQuid!

I need so many drops from these descend carnivals but I'm scared to death of combo shields. Scared TO DEATH.

Top Bottom