• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Dandte

Oh crap...i thought i lost my account because everytime i oppened the app i got pls accept the ToS...now i finally gave in and wanted to start a new account...but my phone loaded some data and my old account was there right in front of me...i missed soooo much content >.< and i forgot how to play, don't have friends anymore and so on. Iirc i played on the european server, are us and euro nowadays connected?

Oh crap...i thought i lost my account because everytime i oppened the app i got pls accept the ToS...now i finally gave in and wanted to start a new account...but my phone loaded some data and my old account was there right in front of me...i missed soooo much content >.< and i forgot how to play, don't have friends anymore and so on. Iirc i played on the european server, are us and euro nowadays connected?
The servers aren't connected, but the content gap between the two versions is basically gone these days. And NA/EU has also settled into a ~1.5-2 month delay from JP whereas in past years the schedule was super unpredictable

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Damn it looks like Challenge 5 is literally impossible with my alt's team (doesn't seem possible with any mono color team...) I guess I'm not getting that snow globe.

Jagernaut

Damn it looks like Challenge 5 is literally impossible with my alt's team (doesn't seem possible with any mono color team...) I guess I'm not getting that snow globe.

Use sub colors. I beat it with a light Myr team, a wood 2 prong killed the light absorb shieldra with Awoken Apollo's green sub color. The order of your subs is very important. The attacks are primary colors first, left to right, then sub colors, left to right. If your last attack is the color that is absorbed, you can't kill the monster.

jiggle

Skilling up banes driving me insane
I should just stop at 2 per account
But Im afraid the multiplayer gravy train will eventually go away

Jagernaut

What was your team comp? I assume not Dios because c9 is no dupe. My friend and I just tried c9 with ADQXQ and it was hard with all the move time reduction.

You need 5 sbr across both teams. I used ALB, Dios, Perseus, Avalon Drake and Freyja (used her boost for floors 4 & 5). Partner used ALB, Dios, Perseus, Verdandi, and green Wee Jas.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

jay23

Finished challenge 9 & 10 solo with awoken cao cao. Had to use 1 stone on 10 because my yamatos got bound on flr 4 damn skyfalls.

Not even gonna bother skilling up my bane I'll just wait for the lumiel and famiel update to get here.

Silent_Z

Finished challenge 9 & 10 solo with awoken cao cao. Had to use 1 stone on 10 because my yamatos got bound on flr 4 damn skyfalls.

Not even gonna bother skilling up my bane I'll just wait for the lumiel and famiel update to get here.

What was your team for c9/c10? I run ACC as well, currently fielding A.Leilan/2x Scarlet/Urd.

jay23

What was your team for c9/c10? I run ACC as well, currently fielding A.Leilan/2x Scarlet/Urd.

For C9 I used yamato, RGY(for flr 2), awoken Ares, and awoken leilan.
C10 was the same team but instead of rgy I used a second yamato.

My team isn't max plussed either ACC just hits so damn hard, it feels like I can kill anything as long as I have an active ready.

maxed Ronove baby
T0q6M.gif

perseus pairs well with ALB god bless randoms who are willing to settle
T0q6M.gif

god bless wednesday legend who gave me 9 green masks in 10 runs
T0q6M.gif

now let me work on this rozuel and we'll be getting somewhere

Hmm...spent most of my stamina today trying to grind the Wednesday Dungeons, but my only useful drop was one Mystic Mask, since my clear rate for RotSM wasn't so good. And I really need both of the sacred masks for skill ups. :(

In fact, the only weekly dungeons I can clear consistently at the highest level are Iron Strength Plaza and Sky Prison, and that makes me a bit glum. But I've been cleaning up plenty of Descends and Technicals with my substandard and underleveled BMyr team; maybe I'm just spoiled by Heart Cross leads.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why do you solo 08 and 09? Its just much more stamina efficient to coop (and easier with alb) it...

Mostly because of the challenge - im not actively farming for something so i dont really care much about stamina and am more less in a casual mode now...this wont change until i get to work towards a team im really excited about.

But as said a couple a posts before...its difficult to get excited about the latest awakenings if you already have a solid cross heart team UNLESS you get lucky enough to pull one of the newer GFE.

LiQuid!

My Harem but with a Dragon Guard :)

Get your perfect Ronnie team TF out of here! You ain't even about that struggle.

I wish I had enough stamina to have the luxury of not caring about stamina. One of the 6-10 challenges knocks my bar for most of the day.

Bladelaw

Mostly because of the challenge - im not actively farming for something so i dont really care much about stamina and am more less in a casual mode now...this wont change until i get to work towards a team im really excited about.

But as said a couple a posts before...its difficult to get excited about the latest awakenings if you already have a solid cross heart team UNLESS you get lucky enough to pull one of the newer GFE.

Right there with you. Unless a challenge is loaded with bullshit I'll do my best to solo it and resort to coop if it's about to expire. Gran in C10 is really the only BS thing that got on my nerves but if you get lucky you can just power through all the floors.

EDIT: Yesterday's mask drop rate continues to baffle me. I had 30 runs over the day since I'm trying to skill up Sitri, who should be a great Sarasvati, Revo Lak, and You Yu sub but man out of 30 runs only 7 blue masks dropped. Out of that only 1 skill up. If I wasn't saving pys for things like Revo Lak I'd have probably just py'd her already.

Quantum

EDIT: Yesterday's mask drop rate continues to baffle me. I had 30 runs over the day since I'm trying to skill up Sitri, who should be a great Sarasvati, Revo Lak, and You Yu sub but man out of 30 runs only 7 blue masks dropped. Out of that only 1 skill up. If I wasn't saving pys for things like Revo Lak I'd have probably just py'd her already.

Everyone knows I like to complain (about RNG)

but I'm honest as well - RNG will be RNG - I ran masks for the same reason, I had 14/18 blue masks drop (I do not have a ronove).

I had 5 blue masks before running and went 3/5 feeding in the morning
I went 2/14 during the rest of the day

I max skilled one sitri, no skill ups at all on the second.

now for summer urd - I haven't had a single red fruit in two weeks - so thats something...

Kreed

Why do you solo 08 and 09? Its just much more stamina efficient to coop (and easier with alb) it...

Multiplayer mode is much more time consuming/isn't as "mobile phone" friendly. Example, if I am on my lunch break, I can start a challenge/dungeon to drain stamina, play a little during my break, and then come back to it later in the day and finish it. And when I do have time to play Multiplayer mode, it's difficult finding people using a lead I can use (most people doing multiplayer are using Awoken Liu Bei these days, one of the reasons I like seeing more leads getting added to hopefully break this trend).

Bladelaw

As my efforts to farm MP continue I need to ask: Is Rag Dragon worth it? The team he's destined for is Mathena. Given how easy (time commitment notwithstanding) she is to acquire compared to the other mech leads, and her leaderskill being HP independent this seems like the best choice for Mech Arena Farming.

Every guide I've seen with her has at least 1 Rag Drag if not 2. I'm not spending 600k MP for one team even if I could (Won't have enough by the time he leaves the shop). Besides Mathena where else does Rag Drag fit in?

The teams I'm aware of are: Mathena, Ra Dragon (Stat stick to save latents), Sherias Roots, and Ronove. I never use my Ra Dragon team unless it's paired with my alt's ghetto Roots team for "all atk required" dungeons. If there's other teams he fits on I'm all ears.

The Mathena team I plan on running:
Mathena
Rag Drag
Spica
Avalon Drake
<flex>

Flex could be Phact, Algedi, Australis, Revo Zeal, Star Justice (hell he's max skilled), or Balboa.

Bladelaw

Based on JP's releases we should be getting the rest of the Samurai evos (Mori, Sanada, Keiji) then the JP2 Awokens (Okuni, Kushi), then Alreshca, then finally maybe Krishna/Ganesha.

Based on JP's releases we should be getting the rest of the Samurai evos (Mori, Sanada, Keiji) then the JP2 Awokens (Okuni, Kushi), then Alreshca, then finally maybe Krishna/Ganesha.

Are any of these worthwhile?

I have a Sanada that I had some skillup material for but got too bored because I couldn't think of anything to do with him. If it's what's on PADx then his awakenings look really blah for a sub.

b33r

Sanada is awesome, basically a red Akechi. I wish I had one. All that series are good subs for the right teams.

LiQuid!

So mad at myself. Was making my way thru Ace X solo, playing mostly good, matching well, fighting the floor right before the boss and I had the thing down so low, just got done waiting out his damage shield and was about to do my final combo to kill him and the INSTANT I started moving my orb I realized I forgot to pop my Ronove and only had 4 hearts on the board, so I got one shotted. So mad.

LiQuid!

Nice, grats dude!

Anybody with a Ronove team want to get together sometime today and do some co-op? Nothing in particular, Ace myth, any descends, etc. I just wanna practice Ronove in some actual dungeons but I don't want to spend 50 stamina a pop to do it solo.

I'd totally be down but I'm working crazy hours today until like 1AM.

It feels weird clearing some Mythical content solo with Ronove, like I have no business clearing that kind of content. Certainly nice for ez solo farming and KotG, though.

b33r

Was trying c9 and 10 with awoken Cao Cao like someone did in here. Got through 9 but was having problems on 10. Tried Myr today and did it. And I'll have a better team for Anaphon later today.

I do still have to do the fixed team one though.

Edit: Beat the fixed team one. I suck at rainbow leads, but this wasn't to bad.

Jagernaut

Nice, grats dude!

Anybody with a Ronove team want to get together sometime today and do some co-op? Nothing in particular, Ace myth, any descends, etc. I just wanna practice Ronove in some actual dungeons but I don't want to spend 50 stamina a pop to do it solo.

You should run Endless Corridors for practice, no stamina.

Bladelaw

Well all the materials are done for Ana. I should have every armor after she drops. Just need to stock up on super Kings to level her base form.

I'd like to switch my Typhon to Anaphon, but I just can't until I can spare the badpy. I'd kinda like to use a few on A. Yomi so I can try him as a Gremory sub, so that's a few right there.

Does Anaphon pair well with Gremory as a co-lead?

I guess I should really play more arena.

Bladelaw

I'd like to switch my Typhon to Anaphon, but I just can't until I can spare the badpy. I'd kinda like to use a few on A. Yomi so I can try him as a Gremory sub, so that's a few right there.

Does Anaphon pair well with Gremory as a co-lead?

I guess I should really play more arena.
You're stuck with just balanced subs with that pairing but it's more viable now with Akechi and Plum. Maybe Akechi, plum, Typhon and...another Akechi?

If you can get to a point where you can reliably clear mech Hera you can farm A Yomi skill ups. I'm almost done just from that.

You're stuck with just balanced subs with that pairing but it's more viable now with Akechi and Plum. Maybe Akechi, plum, Typhon and...another Akechi?

If you can get to a point where you can reliably clear mech Hera you can farm A Yomi skill ups. I'm almost done just from that.

Ahh, okay. I've never cleared MHera. Haven't had an ALB for it and my few Gremory attempts didn't go so hot. How are you farming it?

I could go all balance, because I've got a Plum team to fuck with, but I doubt many people running her can. That's actually my Plum team, 2 balanced akechis. Reminds me that I haven't even tried it out yet.

Bladelaw

Ahh, okay. I've never cleared MHera. Haven't had an ALB for it and my few Gremory attempts didn't go so hot. How are you farming it?

I could go all balance, because I've got a Plum team to fuck with, but I doubt many people running her can. That's actually my Plum team, 2 balanced akechis. Reminds me that I haven't even tried it out yet.

My Mech hera coop set up isn't bullet proof since Sadalamek is an asshole but it's pretty close to what's on pad forum.

A:
ALB (Leeza)
Dios
Awoken Parvati (Orochi Inherit)
Perseus (Australis)
Super Gunma (Rodin)

B:
ALB
Dios
Dios
Perseus (Australis)
Avalon Drake

Procedure:
Floor 1 (A) 1 combo (B) 1 combo (A) LB kill
Floor 2 (B) AoE hit (A) Poison
Floor 3 (B) Avalon Drake
Floor 4:
(A) A.Orochi and leave plus orbs on bottom row
(B) Leeza and NO OTHER COMBOS
(A) Clear trash orbs.
(B) Clear trash orbs.
(A) Gunma and 1 row
Floor 5 (B) Australis
Floor 6 (A) Australis
Floor 7 (B)- Dios
Floor 8 (A) - LB
Floor 9 (B) - Dios
Floor 10(A) - Dios and Parvati

Floor 4 is the most common failure point due to skyfall or too many + orbs or some other garbage. If you clear floor 4 according to plan the rest is easy.

LiQuid!

You should run Endless Corridors for practice, no stamina.

Yeah, that has been my go to but it's not a very balanced difficulty or good representation of what it's like to adapt to a real dungeon's mechanics. Most of the floors you can sweep with an old cross active.

For instance, I'm 100% convinced that I will never pass a 4+ combo shield with Ronove without the assistance of some good old fashioned LiQuid! Dumb Luck.

Bladelaw

Yeah, that has been my go to but it's not a very balanced difficulty or good representation of what it's like to adapt to a real dungeon's mechanics. Most of the floors you can sweep with an old cross active.

For instance, I'm 100% convinced that I will never pass a 4+ combo shield with Ronove without the assistance of some good old fashioned LiQuid! Dumb Luck.

Once you clear that harder versions open up. Then you clear those and even harder version open. Ultimate Endless is basically somewhere between arena 1 and 2.

LiQuid!

Once you clear that harder versions open up. Then you clear those and even harder version open. Ultimate Endless is basically somewhere between arena 1 and 2.

I've been practicing on "True Endless Corridors" which is in the first set of unlocked ones. It's the only one that doesn't have some kind of stip like no rcv, or a wacky board size.

Dungeon stips in general irritate me. No recovery is a major buzzkill for Ronnie, but stuff like no awoken skills? Feels like you need a special team put together for that. How do you do damage without rows or prongs?? Zero time extend? Man get out with that mess.

Top Bottom