• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

I actually really enjoyed the fixed team challenge dungeon. My strategy was pretty simple:
FL1: Verche and combo out with light TPAs
FL2: Yang and kill
FL3: Maeda Keji and kill
FL4: Yang #2 (kills the floor)
FL5: Facet and combo out.

TPAs bring a lot of pain, take advantage when the opportunity presents itself. If you have a favorable board (8 light orbs and full activation) on FL1 you can skip Verche.

I use Yang on FL2 because I don't want to deal with a 99% gravity. If you get lucky with hearts you can stall I guess but I wouldn't

FL3 relies on RNG more than most floors but if Keiji doesn't provide then pop Liza's shield and clear non useful orbs so you can activate and kill. You can stall here if you can keep hearts flowing.

FL4 is trivial if you saved a Yang and is pretty much a gimme. Just make sure you have a row of hearts to unbind.

FL5 can be nasty with a bad board. I was fortunate and didn't get a bad board so I popped Facet and hit him as hard as I could.

Jagernaut

I keep having shit luck with the fixed team challenge; the constant orb trolling ensures I can't activate the LS, and TWICE now I've bursted Wadatsumi from full health to super low... where she just uses her nuke and ends the game.

I just want my woodpy :(

Took me 2 tries, the first time I put Wadatsumi into the rage zone and he killed me.

Some tips

Yang has a flat 12.25x atk and 2.25x rcv. Even without hitting all 4 colors you can do moderate damage with just light combos (use light 2 prongs). You can also heal pretty well to stall for skills if you have a bad board. Check padguide or puzzledragonx to see where it is safe to stall.

Use a Yang for a 4 color board if you think you will die. I used Maeda + Yang to one shot Indigo and Yang + Facet to one shot Hephaestus.

I appreciate the tips folks, thank you. I am not man enough to attempt the rogue descends and kotg doesn't have 2x stam today so basically all my stamina has gone toward that dungeon.

I'm also not used to rainbow combo stuff with so few time extends :(

It makes things tough if the only 3 green orbs are in separate galaxies

Don't be afraid to burn another board change if you have it available in situations like that. If the alternate is death, then well it's not like you have much of a choice anyways

Ironically I managed to clear the dungeon first try even though I think I struggled in it in JP. I'd like to think that means my puzzle skills have gotten better but it's more likely I just got lucky lol

Kreed

I used to run Kirin and Ra leads so I mainly relied on combos for the fixed team challenge other than using the refresh orbs skill for the one floor where you get poison/jammer orb locked and then using all of my remaining skills on the last floor except Verche and the friend leader.

hermit7

Spent a stone on 10, but I only run things solo and I got it back.

Beat the dungeon with Caocao, who I really like as a lead.

Delay and orb change is quite good, too bad that he isn't used for farming as much as alb.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just did all 3 descend carnivals with someone from the carry server and it was a hoot. I wish I could impress upon you all, my friends, just how bad I am at Puzzle and Dragons. It's gotten to the point where I don't even get mad at myself anymore I just laugh. It's especially bad when I play Ronove and get lost trying to heart+combo. I've never had my head break in ways that it does when I get lost in a combo in this game.

Anyways, only got 1/3 of the drops I need so I get to try again in 3 hours, wish me luck!

yeah I just tried it with co-op... and it was my time to shine with the boss at like 30% left and I tried for a last-second diagonal for a light tpa and failed and we died with him at like 3% :(

but I guess it's possible at least

late edit: ok it's cute as long as your partner understands the importance of healing lol, thx for woodpy stranger (wave)

J0dy77

Today I learned a HUGE game changer with Myr. Been playing her for months and didn't know this.

After using Myr's active you can hold an orb in place and it will not count as a turn if you do not move any other orbs. If you don't hold the orb, any matches that are on board will clear and it counts as a turn.

This is such a big deal for me. Myr's active is her biggest weakness because it forces you to match on a board without any prep with a random orb change and less time than normal. Plus you can't extend time to match with Venus or other skills. Using this technique her active just becomes "create 7 hearts", let's you plan and match away. So much better.

Okamid3n

Yep, it's pretty essential Myr knowledge. It does make you wonder what the point of the mechanic is except making you wait 7 seconds. Sometimes I just go with it because I'm not very patient.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Beat C5 solo with Ronove. Feels so good to adapt to and overcome mechanics playing solo.

I really wish the half stamina for coop thing wasn't so imbalanced because I feel like I'm missing out on a lot by relying on other people to carry me thru content. I would love to try and beat all of these by myself, even failing and then adapting to what I learned, but I ain't spending a full day's worth of stamina to do it.

I might give the fixed team challenge a shot in co-op later, but aside from that I don't have the patience for the rest of these and the stamina costs are ridiculous to even attempt them.

edit: do Goemon-lead button teams use piis to skill him up, or do people just rely on having enough SB that it's not necessary? Farming skill ups for him doesn't seem feasible at all. Anybody got advice for how to put together a farmed button team on my alt? I have an (unskilled) Goemon, (unskilled) Bane, should I just load up on Tengus and have other people button me, or is there a way I can farm up my own proper buttons?

LiQuid!

I mean yeah farming drops isn't hard but his ult evo has its own skill, so you'd have to give 50 levels worth of exp, a gold keeper, a trifruit, red jewel and other crap just to have a chance at a skill up, that's ridiculous.

I mean yeah farming drops isn't hard but his ult evo has its own skill, so you'd have to give 50 levels worth of exp, a gold keeper, a trifruit, red jewel and other crap just to have a chance at a skill up, that's ridiculous.

If you max level another ult evo, it's a guaranteed skill up. However piis are the way most people do it, because that's a ton of xp to sink into them.

LiQuid!

That's good information to have but yeah that ain't going to happen until I'm like super maxed out on all my cards and dying for things to do haha.

Bladelaw

Padx is reporting Ana Descended on Friday! Believe! Also I'm 100k MP away from Rag Drag. The struggle continues. Which Rogue is the fastest run for MP? Linthia is super mindless and going to be my goto if there isn't a better option.

LiQuid!

Players who clear PAD X, Ana Descended! with no Continues on either Legend or X difficulty from 10/21 (Fri) - 10/23 (Sun) 6:59 PM (PDT), with a Snow Globe Dragon Blanc in their team will receive a special gift: 3 Lv Max Snow Globe Dragon Blancs. The Snow Globe Dragon Blanc must be used as a sub member to qualify, not a leader or friend leader. Snow Globe Dragon Blanc will also be updated with increased EXP values! Reward distribution dates will be announced at a later time.
I'm interested in all of this.
Multiplayer clears are invalid. Players must clear the dungeon in single player mode to get the prize.
RIP

Bladelaw

YAAAAAY!

I plan on doing with this snow globe the same thing I did with the red globe challenge. I'm going to feed it one of my 297 mules for the stat bump so at least I'll just be down an active. My Anaphon team is all set, I even have enough badpys to max skill her.

Most of the team is set in stone but the last slot is giving me fits over what to put there.
Base team: Anaphon, YomiDragon, Plum, Balanced Akechi

Last slot could be one of the following
D/R Haku (Combo with Akechi for a kill board, but no native heart generation)
Typhon (Combo with Akechi but unreliable boards)
Satsuki (Hazard removal active and prongs for days but no hearts)
Awoken Vritra (Insane damage spike for all but Plum+Akechi, but no hearts and the aforementioned subs missing the bonus)

I have some other options but none are as appealing as the above. Yomidragon will have Thumbelina or Red Riding Hood inherited. Not sure about any other inherits.

YAAAAAY!

I plan on doing with this snow globe the same thing I did with the red globe challenge. I'm going to feed it one of my 297 mules for the stat bump so at least I'll just be down an active. My Anaphon team is all set, I even have enough badpys to max skill her.

Most of the team is set in stone but the last slot is giving me fits over what to put there.
Base team: Anaphon, YomiDragon, Plum, Balanced Akechi

Last slot could be one of the following
D/R Haku (Combo with Akechi for a kill board, but no native heart generation)
Typhon (Combo with Akechi but unreliable boards)
Satsuki (Hazard removal active and prongs for days but no hearts)
Awoken Vritra (Insane damage spike for all but Plum+Akechi, but no hearts and the aforementioned subs missing the bonus)

I have some other options but none are as appealing as the above. Yomidragon will have Thumbelina or Red Riding Hood inherited. Not sure about any other inherits.

I use Typhon on my Gremory team and the board is pretty reliable. Rarely does it not give enough hearts for a cross. However since you're running Anaphon you don't really need that board. Satsuki would be solid and you can always put a heart maker on her. She hits real hard.

Bladelaw

I use Typhon on my Gremory team and the board is pretty reliable. Rarely does it not give enough hearts for a cross. However since you're running Anaphon you don't really need that board. Satsuki would be solid and you can always put a heart maker on her. She hits real hard.

Fair, I'll probably try each iteration. If I wasn't using my second Akechi on AALuci I'd probably just inherit that on her.

Side note: I still need Gainaut Myth + for the quest clear. I can bring either side of the ALB cheese team but I think I have an improvement.

The current normal comp is:
Team A:
ALB, Dios, Anji, Godin, Dios

Team B:
ALB, Leeza, Dios, Dios, Dios

Code:
FL1:   A: ALB row kill
FL2:   B: Leeza-->swipe
FL3:   A: Dios
FL4:   B: Dios
FL5:   A: ALB 16x kill
FL6:   B: Pass to A, A: Anji
FL7:   A: Combo to kill
FL8:   B: 0 combo A: Godin-->Dios
FL9:   B: Dios
FL10:  A: Pass to B, B: Dios kill

My suggestion removes the 0 combo on floor 8 meaning you don't risk the 99% gravity, but requires Balboa or some other def void instead of Anji.

Code:
FL6:   B: Pass to A, A: Balboa, combo
FL7:   B: Combo to kill
FL8:   A: GOdin-->Dios

Anyone want to try it with me? I'm just looking to clear it for the stone and the quest.

LiQuid!

I just got husbandophon on my alt but sadly he doesn't do anything for my dark/devil team :(

0/9 on Green Masks today. I will never skillup Ronove at this rate. :| I don't even have a use for all these Blue Masks.

It's so sad, I think I was up to like 12 or 13 blues at one point, I eventually started feeding them for EXP or something I don't even remember

I have 15 blue masks....

My water box could be cute in the future (Isis, Ryune, I&I, Sumire, Blue Sonia, Karin) but for now I'm just hoping for a future skill rotation that makes them useful :(

I have two skillups left for Ronove, who is definitely my go-to for descends and other content. I just hope I'm able to get what I need tonight :(

LiQuid!

Good luck Moblin! Your Ronove is one of the best ones on my list but I need that max skill!

Yes I also need 10 +HP eggs to [H Y P E R M A X] him but those will come in time, I guess. I have two +297 Tamas but I keep forgetting to use them when awakening my good cards and don't want to waste the tama... God bless my good Ronove and ALB friends.

I assume the most effective latents to use on heart cross leads are HP/RCV? I guess it's either that or skill delay resists, because I don't need the time extends.

I wish I had the resources to build a fun Tsubaki or Myr team, they seem less stressful than living on the edge with Ronove.

Jagernaut

Fair, I'll probably try each iteration. If I wasn't using my second Akechi on AALuci I'd probably just inherit that on her.

Side note: I still need Gainaut Myth + for the quest clear. I can bring either side of the ALB cheese team but I think I have an improvement.

The current normal comp is:
Team A:
ALB, Dios, Anji, Godin, Dios

Team B:
ALB, Leeza, Dios, Dios, Dios

Code:
FL6:   B: Pass to A, A: Anji
FL7:   A: Combo to kill
FL8:   B: 0 combo A: Godin-->Dios

My suggestion removes the 0 combo on floor 8 meaning you don't risk the 99% gravity, but requires Balboa or some other def void instead of Anji.

Code:
FL6:   B: Pass to A, A: Balboa, combo
FL7:   B: Combo to kill
FL8:   A: GOdin-->Dios

Anyone want to try it with me? I'm just looking to clear it for the stone and the quest.

I can run Gainaut with you later. I have a +99 ark Leeza and can do either side.

Anyone interested in farming Izanami today? Trying to skill up Bride Izanami with Izanami today and Friday with Black Bowl Dragon.

Bladelaw

I can run Gainaut with you later. I have a +99 ark Leeza and can do either side.

Anyone interested in farming Izanami today? Trying to skill up Bride Izanami with Izanami today and Friday with Black Bowl Dragon.

Cool I'll message you when I get home. It'll be easier if I can see the strat while playing so I don't screw anything up.

I don't need Izanami for anything otherwise I'd join there too.

Jagernaut

Cool I'll message you when I get home. It'll be easier if I can see the strat while playing so I don't screw anything up.

I don't need Izanami for anything otherwise I'd join there too.

I like to take a screenshot of the guide, then double tap home (iPhone) to peek at it in game without leaving the pad app.

LiQuid!

I just got savage and sold off a bunch of crap that was taking space in my box.

All the shitty dragons and skydragons you get from doing the later normal and tech dungeons. Gone.

The collection of one of each Keeper/Chaser/Bowl I was saving for some stupid reason even tho I don't have any of the shit they skill up. Gone.

Descend drops that awaken REM cards I don't own. Gone.

Cleared up like 50 or 60 box space and I don't even feel bad. +99'd my Ace cat with all the plus eggs that were just going to waste on all that crap I didn't need.

I get way too OCD about saving one of each thing and it's pointless and a waste of box space. Like there's going to be some insane update that is going to give the Demon Chickenbowl an ult evo and make him a worthwhile sub for anything. I'm ridiculous.

or just keep buying box space like a chump aka moblin

although tbh I probably should sell all the dumb tech dragons, they mean nothing to me (although something from a later tech dungeon was used to awaken Isis so you never know)

Kwhit10

Just soloed C10 with RaDra. I had extra stamina I didn't know what to do with so I gave it a shot and beat it first try, definitely wasn't expecting that.
I had yomi inherited on RaDra to 1 shot the last floor.

LiQuid!

I think I will feed my +297 Plessie to my Sumire. I'm trying to psyche myself up for it. I don't know if I can let go of my very first monster. Someone please help me find the intestinal fortitude.

Bladelaw

On my lunch break I poked around with Typhon using the subs I suggested earlier in endless. After doing that I'm significantly more hyped for Anaphon than I was before.

My issues with Typhon were poor RCV and the burst damage was a little low (Typhon-->Akechi board). Combo shields were also problematic. The best results came from Satsuki. There's a mini haste system going on with all the subs. The skill boosts on the team ensure Plum and Satsuki are up turn 1 and can haste Akechi if floor 1 really needs to die. Basically the only active I'd be without turn 1 is Anaphon. Throughout endless if I could keep my active use in check and only use 1 per turn I never ran into any trouble.

Recovering from 99% gravities was a pain but Anaphon covers this hole nicely. Combo shields that take 6 combos to hit were problematic as trying to blob up 6 hearts, a row of dark + extra combos was often more than I could muster even with the TE badge. Not much easier with Anaphon but I at least have some practice on those with Myr. When I went for a big hit I seemed to cap out around 2.5 mill per sub which is great damage but not enough to one shot some real threats and I don't think it's enough to break Dkali's damage check. Again Anaphon should have this covered with a higher multiplier.

So yeah I'm really looking forward to Friday.

W-00

I was saving my Ceres for AnaCeres, but now there's Reincarnated Ceres, and I'm not sure what to do. They look like they have very different playstyles and uses. You can't come back from Reincarnated Evolutions, right? So I can't just try revo Ceres out.

Aesnath

Well, I guess I'm going to have to figure out some way of doing the ana stage with a snow globe dragon. It looks like the offer extends to legend difficulty, which may place it within range for me. We'll see.

I'm also pretty excited about this Gremory team. It is early days yet, but I have been able to clear legend descendeds solo and level five on the current challenge. I think combo shields may be trouble though.

Demon destroying star angel ruel is turning out to be pretty legit with her three two-pronged attacks. Heart cross plus four green kills a lot of stuff.

Jagernaut

I was saving my Ceres for AnaCeres, but now there's Reincarnated Ceres, and I'm not sure what to do. They look like they have very different playstyles and uses. You can't come back from Reincarnated Evolutions, right? So I can't just try revo Ceres out.

Going by my Reincarnated Mystic Knights, it's not reversible.

Bladelaw

If the new Revos work like the Mystic Knight Revos then yeah it's a one way deal. I'd wait for the meta to shake out to see if Revo Ceres is worth running. If you have better green leads then I'd stick with that, or if you have a pressing need for the full heal/bind recover go with Ana Ceres otherwise Revo Ceres does look better at first glance.

----------------

Looking at DKali's damage check hit I ran the numbers and it looks like for my Anaphon team I need 65673.75 effective HP to survive the hit after a cross. In order to pull that off I need 18 dark latents assuming no HP latents or badges. Since I can't get more then 656.7375 EHP from an HP latent I plan on just using dark latents.

I'm doing this assuming no HP badge because I don't know when the badges take effect. It varies depending on a few factors.

Here's why:
If it's the base value (no +eggs no leaderskill) it gives me 1187 extra HP
If it includes +eggs but not the leader skill then it gives me 1484 extra HP
If it's just the leaderskill but no +eggs then it gives me 2164 extra HP
If it includes everything then it gives me 2706 extra HP

for each scenario it saves me between 1 and 4 dark latents

It'll take some testing to determine if I need the extra second of move time or if the HP Badge is more worthy. If the HP Badge is at the end of the equation then I can actually latent out the team now and not have to farm up any additional latents which would be awesome.

Top Bottom