• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Dungeon stips in general irritate me. No recovery is a major buzzkill for Ronnie, but stuff like no awoken skills? Feels like you need a special team put together for that. How do you do damage without rows or prongs?? Zero time extend? Man get out with that mess.
2012 was a fun time

Some of the upcoming challenge dungeons in NA have fixed team setups that are carbon copies of "endgame" teams from back then. The struggle is still real

Rasamune

Neo Member
I've been practicing on "True Endless Corridors" which is in the first set of unlocked ones. It's the only one that doesn't have some kind of stip like no rcv, or a wacky board size.

Dungeon stips in general irritate me. No recovery is a major buzzkill for Ronnie, but stuff like no awoken skills? Feels like you need a special team put together for that. How do you do damage without rows or prongs?? Zero time extend? Man get out with that mess.

Hey at least there are no more cost-restricted dungeons, eh

I went for so long without ever having a Gaia or a Draggie

e: Oh yeah and rest in peace Plesios

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey at least there are no more cost-restricted dungeons, eh

I went for so long without ever having a Gaia or a Draggie

I was wondering if those were still a thing. I see old comments posted all the time about people valuing low cost cards but I saw no evidence of them being in game. Glad they're out. Keeping teams of unevolved cards around for specialized dungeons sounds like the opposite of a fun time. Kind of like doing a dungeon with no heart orbs. Get on it, GH.

e: Oh yeah and rest in peace Plesios
Thanks man, it means a lot.

bbwsjk3.jpg

I wish I had enough to cobble together a proper Sumire team but it looks like the "proper" or typical one being used is a system team?

I have Ryune/I&I/Karin/Isis but I don't know that they would work as a neat team.

I'm fine with Ronove being OP and gross but some variety would be cute.

I wish I had enough to cobble together a proper Sumire team but it looks like the "proper" or typical one being used is a system team?

I have Ryune/I&I/Karin/Isis but I don't know that they would work as a neat team.

I'm fine with Ronove being OP and gross but some variety would be cute.
Depends on how far you want the team to go. I was beating Myr Descended with a real not ideal Sumire+BMyr team (subs were Lax/Urd/Karin/Snow White).

If you have a Snow White, she's better than Isis on Sumire due to the heart making and wombo combo with Karin. Ryune is good, I&I can be useful in situations where you need to burst.

Kreed

I was wondering if those were still a thing. I see old comments posted all the time about people valuing low cost cards but I saw no evidence of them being in game. Glad they're out. Keeping teams of unevolved cards around for specialized dungeons sounds like the opposite of a fun time. Kind of like doing a dungeon with no heart orbs. Get on it, GH.

These dungeons are easier for combo leads so not as many people complain about them vs those cost restriction ones. Same with dungeons missing certain orb types. Obviously a dungeon without light or dark orbs suck if you mostly run dark or light teams, but not if you run the other elements or a combo team that isn't affected by the missing orb types. Ultimately Gungho still wants people rolling for different cards, so they keep these different dungeons and rules around to keep you rolling from the Rare Egg Machine to get monsters that better handle them.

b33r

For no awakening dungeons I prefer monocolor combo leads. Rukia is pretty great for them, but I don't have her on my NA account so I usually use Shiva Dragon. But now that I have ace bastet I might try using her.

Friend and I tried C9 again today. Everything was perfect but I fucked up one single orb's placement and missed 100x with ADQXQ on the last floor. Sooo frustrating.

Cleared C10 with Myr solo though so that's cool.

Bladelaw

Played around a bit with Anaphon. I'm real happy. The anaphon-->Satsuki-->Akechi burst is impressive as hell. I poked around 10 million damage per card.

Its a less risk similar reward to my Myr team. The extra HP let's you stall for hearts instead of trying to use an active to bring up the shield again.

b33r

Yep, my limited time with Anaphon says it will be a great investment.

Also congrats on dzydzydino being on the stream tonight!

Cleared C9 solo with Myr just now on my first try. Is there anything she can't beat? So crazy powerful for a farmable. I guess I had to have a full REM team to get her in the first place but still.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I did it! Ana legend solo with my Ronnie team with the level 13 white snow globe subbed in for Sherias. First try too. Dunno what the trick was to getting past her resilience/resurrection at the end but she max healed like 3-4 times before I finally got her.

e: and just had a GREAT run co-op with Ronnie on Ace-X. Zero embarrassing moves and I even scored the killing blow! Feeling myself a little bit!

Congrats! Yeah I found it hard to not insta kill her with Myr but each time you burst her and trigger her resolve she heals less. On the 4th time she only heals up to 20% and pops a 75% dmg shield which is at least possible to get through.

I got my 3 Anas but will likely only do the Typhon one, and probably only if I need it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm giving up on skilling up my second Sumire. I've gone 0/12 feeds. I'll just deal with it next time this dungeon comes around.

Kreed

Played around a bit with Anaphon. I'm real happy. The anaphon-->Satsuki-->Akechi burst is impressive as hell. I poked around 10 million damage per card.

Its a less risk similar reward to my Myr team. The extra HP let's you stall for hearts instead of trying to use an active to bring up the shield again.

I really like the extra HP Ana Typhon brings vs Myr. As you said, it allows you to flub a bit more/miss a heart cross or two against more enemies than Myr. That said, without the extra move time, it does make it harder to make a heart cross in addition to any rows and combos you need depending on the floor. In addition, it's a lot harder to recover Ana Typhon's HP.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So I'm giving up on skilling up my second Sumire. I've gone 0/12 feeds. I'll just deal with it next time this dungeon comes around.

Ouch that sucks...sry to hear. 0/12 during 3x skillup is messed up.

Is she still at skill lvl 1 ?I would try to somehow power through because she is worth it - but if you dont need anything else from the dungeon i would likely drop it too.

b33r

I really like the extra HP Ana Typhon brings vs Myr. As you said, it allows you to flub a bit more/miss a heart cross or two against more enemies than Myr. That said, without the extra move time, it does make it harder to make a heart cross in addition to any rows and combos you need depending on the floor. In addition, it's a lot harder to recover Ana Typhon's HP.

Yep, Myr has spoiled me a bit with move time, I'll get used to it though. I also agree that RCV is lacking, that's probably what badge I'll put on this team.

Bladelaw

I went with the HP badge mostly so I could tank DKali's rage hit in arena. The lower rcv isn't so bad since the reduced damage makes it easier to come back from. The rcv badge would probably be my second choice though.
EDIT regarding my math on the previous page: leaderskill + eggs looks to be included so I'm pretty alright with that. That means I have room for SDR on my haste subs. I figure two on Satsuki, Plum, and Yomidra. None on anaphon since she's holding my rainbow resist.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ouch that sucks...sry to hear. 0/12 during 3x skillup is messed up.

Is she still at skill lvl 1 ?I would try to somehow power through because she is worth it - but if you dont need anything else from the dungeon i would likely drop it too.

Yeah, slvl 1 still. My first is max, but my second is just getting garbage day.

b33r

Just took Anaphon on her first arena run and beat it pretty easily! Even got sopdet on that run. Pretty happy with this team.

jay23

New one shot dungeon with tamazo Odin reward

No coop
How do u tank myr and Hera :(

I'm trying to figure this out myself level 10 looks so tough.

I might be out of luck without any heart cross leads. Need to watch some videos of JP clears for inspiration lol.

LiQuid!

Happy Tamadra day everybody! Looking forward to draining 3 bars of stamina on both my accounts and going 2/50 on baby tama feeds!

b33r

I'm trying to figure this out myself level 10 looks so tough.

I might be out of luck without any heart cross leads. Need to watch some videos of JP clears for inspiration lol.

On Reddit people said they beat it with awoken Luci and that one of the Norse tank teams should be able to do it.

I'm hoping Anaphons shield and hp can tank it.

hermit7

On Reddit people said they beat it with awoken Luci and that one of the Norse tank teams should be able to do it.

I'm hoping Anaphons shield and hp can tank it.

XM seems primed for it with some inheritances.

Maybe bring in Valen for the damage reduction. Her skill alone seems reasonable enough especially with more than 1

LiQuid!

ana is brutal with the resolve, the 10 combo attack always one shots me even with a heart cross for some reason.

skill delays are frustrating :(

I don't remember her ever using a 10 hit combo on me. Looking at her move list now I think I bypassed it. I see that it activates under 35% HP and when I killed her I remember getting fed up with the resolve and I thought I had to get her under a certain threshold to keep it from activating. So after 3-4 of her resolves I spent a couple turns chipping her down under 50% with a cross and a 2-3 combo for partial activation.

It looks like her resolves eventually run out, so just wait for her to run out of 1ups and fully activate on her so you don't accidentally chip her to under 35%

Bladelaw

Anyone want to help me do a DC arena with Anaphon? Or even just run the thing? Discord isn't much help since everyone's still running Myr. At least Mathena is picking up some love after the stream yesterday.

Failing that I'm looking to continue farming MP in Scarlet with ALB if anyone's down for that.

b33r

I'm out of stamina or I'd give it a shot. I tried out pairing Anaphon with Gremory, only Yomi Dragon on my team isn't balanced, and it worked out pretty well. Damage pretty similar and more burst when using a skill. Don't know if it's actually better, but will mess around with it some more.

If anyone wants to try co-op with my Gremory id give it a go. I can go all balanced.

Hino is now my most hated arena spawn. If my boards aren't set up just right I'm fucked. Everything else I don't even have to think about anymore.

Bladelaw

God I hate Sopdet. I should have spent some time in endless figuring out damage thresholds.

For the record a row of dark and combos while she's in light, once dark pop Akechi and go for two rows or cross +3 dark.

b33r

God I hate Sopdet. I should have spent some time in endless figuring out damage thresholds.

For the record a row of dark and combos while she's in light, once dark pop Akechi and go for two rows or cross +3 dark.

Yep, that's exactly what I did. Rows when light and cross and match 3 darks when she's in dark.

It's much easier than with my bmyr JP team, with that Sopdet is pretty much game over unless I skyfall a ton of blues.

Bladelaw

Second arena attempt was more successful. Thoth is so much easier to deal with. I managed to get Zeus Vulcan and defoud which is normally a death sentence for me because I get wrecked by combo shields but I managed to pull it out.

My math was spot on for DKali's rage hit so as long as I'm at full HP I can tank it with a cross.

I have one akechi, which of his ultimates are better for Gremory? Devil keeps the dual dark attack, but the awakenings for the balanced one are better (obviously both still double with gremory'a leader skill).

Bladelaw

I have one akechi, which of his ultimates are better for Gremory? Devil keeps the dual dark attack, but the awakenings for the balanced one are better (obviously both still double with gremory'a leader skill).
The devil is better in most cases. 4 rows is nothing to sneeze at. Also usable on Pandora, Gremory, Lucifer, among others.

Running Plum or Anaphon balanced is better.

Jagernaut

I beat the Ana snow globe challenge on the lower difficulty with Myr. Really easy. I tried to control my damage on Ana, but kept one shotting her. Thankfully she resurrects with less hp each time so when she was under 50% I killed her for the last time.

LiQuid!

I kinda wanna burn some stones today and get at least one Zeus Dios farmed up... Is it worth it? I'm only at 155 stamina at my rank, so I'd get 6 runs per stone not counting rank ups, and no guarantee I'd max even one after spending a couple stones. On the other hand I feel like a maxed zeus would be more valuable to me than most REM cards I've pulled. I'm so torn.

Bladelaw

I kinda wanna burn some stones today and get at least one Zeus Dios farmed up... Is it worth it? I'm only at 155 stamina at my rank, so I'd get 6 runs per stone not counting rank ups, and no guarantee I'd max even one after spending a couple stones. On the other hand I feel like a maxed zeus would be more valuable to me than most REM cards I've pulled. I'm so torn.
The cop out answer is it's up to you. They're your stones to spend. Dios is an incredibly valuable farming tool, but his dungeon is in the rotation and will come back around again. Keep in mind he's not that great until he's in his final form too.

Do you see a significant benefit to being able to farm MP or rogue bosses? If so then it's probably worth it in the long run.

Top Bottom