• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The cop out answer is it's up to you. They're your stones to spend. Dios is an incredibly valuable farming tool, but his dungeon is in the rotation and will come back around again. Keep in mind he's not that great until he's in his final form too.

Do you see a significant benefit to being able to farm MP or rogue bosses? If so then it's probably worth it in the long run.

I think it might be, honestly. My green row team as it exists now is pretty well able to stand up to anything I throw it at, as long as the guy who posts the room has 3-4 farmed up Zeuses. I think it'd be much better for me if I could be the one advertising my own ALB team with farmed up Zeuses in order to take out content at my own pace.

The main reason I'm hesitant is because I often see backlash directed towards people who advertise ALB teams without Liu Bei as the leader, like when people sub in a Perseus, or Australis. I've seen people join other people's rooms and rage quit after seeing their leader and then call them out in the Discord chat for misrepresenting their team. So I'm not sure if it'll be worth it for me to go thru all the effort to make an "ALB" team without ALB, when my team as it is now is already good enough to piggyback on a real ALB team.

I think I'll let my stamina tick up a bunch regularly during football today and run when I can then see how close I get to maxing one out and maybe buy some stamina to continue tonight if I need to. I think if I just sit back and accept that most things you accomplish in this game are going to be multi-week endeavors unless you're willing to keep feeding it quarters I can just let it go for now wait for the descend to come around again in a couple weeks.

Bladelaw

I
I think I'll let my stamina tick up a bunch regularly during football today and run when I can then see how close I get to maxing one out and maybe buy some stamina to continue tonight if I need to. I think if I just sit back and accept that most things you accomplish in this game are going to be multi-week endeavors unless you're willing to keep feeding it quarters I can just let it go for now wait for the descend to come around again in a couple weeks.

This has been the hardest lesson I've had to learn from this game. It's marathon not a sprint. I'm only just now able to consistently solo clear Arena (Thanks Anaphon!) and I'm on day 450---something.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
4/12 on my initial Zeus feeds which isn't even that bad but yeah, I don't know if I can spend stones in good conscience and endure results like that. Looks like mid-2017 will just have to be ETA on having my team of rude dudes online.

LiQuid!

Took a break from my regularly schedules Zeus slaughter to coop Ana X, was even easier when I was getting half-carried by a better Ronove player.

You know what I still don't really get tho, I get this notion in my head that if I don't heart cross every single turn we're just gonna get murdersmoked and that doesn't seem to be the case. A lot of times my partner would just match a bunch and clean up the board on turns when he didn't have a cross and Ana would either do something passive or hit us and it wouldn't be close to fatal. I don't have any kind of a sense for when that would be the case.

I thought for sure we were going to lose when we got past her resilience but we were under 10k HP and it was my turn and I didn't have enough actives to cross, but nope.

Bladelaw

Took a break from my regularly schedules Zeus slaughter to coop Ana X, was even easier when I was getting half-carried by a better Ronove player.

You know what I still don't really get tho, I get this notion in my head that if I don't heart cross every single turn we're just gonna get murdersmoked and that doesn't seem to be the case. A lot of times my partner would just match a bunch and clean up the board on turns when he didn't have a cross and Ana would either do something passive or hit us and it wouldn't be close to fatal. I don't have any kind of a sense for when that would be the case.

I thought for sure we were going to lose when we got past her resilience but we were under 10k HP and it was my turn and I didn't have enough actives to cross, but nope.

This is the really important thing about any heart cross lead:
The shield and the damage bonus carry on to the next floor if there is no preemptive attack. that means you don't need to cross more than once in the first three floors of Ana since there are no preempts until floor 4.

LiQuid!

This is the really important thing about any heart cross lead:
The shield and the damage bonus carry on to the next floor if there is no preemptive attack. that means you don't need to cross more than once in the first three floors of Ana since there are no preempts until floor 4.

Oh I know that, I'm talking about mid-fight with Ana's 2nd form. Some turns he would just not even care about making a cross and we'd always end up alright. I know she likes to do charge up moves occasionally that boost her next attack, but I never got a sense for the rhythm of when she'd do one over a regular attack and when they'd be lethal, but my partner either knew what she was going to do every time, or wasn't concerned about it and just combo/cleared the board without crossing.

Bladelaw

Oh I know that, I'm talking about mid-fight with Ana's 2nd form. Some turns he would just not even care about making a cross and we'd always end up alright. I know she likes to do charge up moves occasionally that boost her next attack, but I never got a sense for the rhythm of when she'd do one over a regular attack and when they'd be lethal, but my partner either knew what she was going to do every time, or wasn't concerned about it and just combo/cleared the board without crossing.

oh for Ana she has a flow chart of what she'll do based on her HP. if you can knock her to between 50-30% hp you don't have to deal with her resolve/resurrection. Your partner was probably just trying to avoid the yoyo resolve kill since it's time consuming.

LiQuid!

oh for Ana she has a flow chart of what she'll do based on her HP. if you can knock her to between 50-30% hp you don't have to deal with her resolve/resurrection. Your partner was probably just trying to avoid the yoyo resolve kill since it's time consuming.

Ah, ok so he probably just had more experiencing running it than me I suppose, or knows how to read the enemy strat info on padx I guess. He was a better player all around, I could tell by his moves.

Oh and a HOT TIP I learned from Dzy's stream for any fellow noobs out there playing heart cross leads: If you're ever unsure whether or not your heart cross shield/damage boost is active, the heart to the left of your life bar blinks DEF when it is.

b33r

I finally beat the last Volsung dungeon using Anaphon with Lillith for the predras. Last quest I needed. That dungeon always was tough for me, glad to finally finish it.

Managed to clear about 5 Mythical dungeons this weekend, including Zeus-Dios solo (thx again Jagernaut), and plunked the last few +eggs on Ronove along with a handful of HP/RCV latents

man it's been a wild ride since I picked this thing back up again with an unevolved Verdandi + farmables team

I'd love to explore a new playstyle with Tsubaki or (especially) Ilm or Fenrir but I think I need a few more GF rolling sprees to be able to start.

Also is there a website that lists the best places to farm skill ups? Red-Eyed Ghost, Red Cap appears in a lot of places but I need to skill up Rozuel and don't know the most mana-efficient way to do it :(

b33r

After using Anaphon for awhile, I might sub out one of my Akechis for Satsuki. She would make a good cannon with prongs. My very consistent bmyr team on JP uses 2 sumires, Gabriel, and either Scheat or awoken Orochi as the cannon depending on content. I notice a bit of a slow down in arena without something similar on Anaphon and some floors being more orb hungry.

Definitely using a +297 on Satsuki tomorrow and experimenting.

Bladelaw

After using Anaphon for awhile, I might sub out one of my Akechis for Satsuki. She would make a good cannon with prongs. My very consistent bmyr team on JP uses 2 sumires, Gabriel, and either Scheat or awoken Orochi as the cannon depending on content. I notice a bit of a slow down in arena without something similar on Anaphon and some floors being more orb hungry.

Definitely using a +297 on Satsuki tomorrow and experimenting.

I've got 3 arena clears with anaphon using satsuki if that helps your decision.

Last run was pretty much the death spawns from hell too. Sopdet, Kagu, Vulcan, Defoud, and Dkali. For my skills the spawns don't get worse than that and I still cleared. I'm pretty excited about the continued use of this team.

My current project is evo-ing my new Ragnarok Dragon. Then I'll have a "close enough" Mathena arena team.

b33r

I've got 3 arena clears with anaphon using satsuki if that helps your decision.

Last run was pretty much the death spawns from hell too. Sopdet, Kagu, Vulcan, Defoud, and Dkali. For my skills the spawns don't get worse than that and I still cleared. I'm pretty excited about the continued use of this team.

My current project is evo-ing my new Ragnarok Dragon. Then I'll have a "close enough" Mathena arena team.

I'll be running arena tomorrow with Satsuki to test. But I think she will be critical on most floors. I would love to inherit an Escha on her, but I use her a lot. Well see.

CvgRL4aUAAEMowT.jpg
Serket (descended)
AS: For 1 turn, reduce damage based on the # of SBR in the team. Max 6 CD
LS: Match 4 colors for 4x, 5 colors for 5x. If Awoken Horus is in the team, 1.5x all parameters

Atem (GFE)
AS: Change the board to 5 Attributes + Hearts + Jammers. Max 5 CD
LS: ATK x5 when matching 5 attributes. Board now becomes 7x6

Illucio

Banned
Dang Atem is powerful. He seems like one of those leaders that would be idea to use with a different leader other then himself.

Not sure if anybody is still looking for NA BF triangles. I'd like to use my current one rather than wait til the last minute, fall asleep, and miss out on it like last time. :(

The higher end leads that I run include: XM, Myr, Sarasvati, BACEstet

I also use Krishna, Tsubaki, and Blonia. Will probably run Lakshmi again once the Revo arrives.

I am down yoda. I have XM and Sarasvati hyper as well as sumire and Tsubaki. Also have Lakshmi who I will revo at some point but will probably focus on Shiva most.

Still need to do a BF triangle before the reset in a few days. Not sure if hermit7 is still up for it.

Serket (descended)
AS: For 1 turn, reduce damage based on the # of SBR in the team. Max 6 CD
LS: Match 4 colors for 4x, 5 colors for 5x. If Awoken Horus is in the team, 1.5x all parameters

Atem (GFE)
AS: Change the board to 5 Attributes + Hearts + Jammers. Max 5 CD
LS: ATK x5 when matching 5 attributes. Board now becomes 7x6

More Egyptian gods, huh? Mythology-wise, I think these two are pretty neat, so It's really cool to see them. I'm also, really digging the art; they look awesome.

But now that I think of it, Atem's face makes him look like an absurdly fancy Kirby.

Anyway, I managed to clear Ana Descended on the lowest difficulty with the Snowglobe the other day and Lvl 7 of the Challenge Dungeon today; which is about as much as I can do until they go away. Regardless, I'm just happy to get the spoils. Got a dupe Ruel for my Rank 250 roll and I couldn't foresee much use for her so I sold her for MP; that wasn't a bad thing, was it?

J0dy77

Threw my standard one roll per collab this morning:

rK7MV2Sl.jpg

O.O

Not sure I have the right subs for her. I do have akechi and Pandora as an amazing start though.

Bladelaw

I'll add to the chorus: Don't roll in this REM.

The value at 8* is good but the odds are low (~1%) and the silvers aren't that enticing.

I rolled once because I always roll once (don't do that either). and got Misery. I'll take it since it offers a unique playstyle instead of just selling it.

OK so I need a another Z8 to evo Rag Drag. Super Ultimate Dragon Rush is the fastest way to get baby Z8, I'm only interested in running M+ not annihilation. I have the perma coop dungeon but my alt isn't strong enough to work through it.

I'll get back to that project once I've cleared the new set of challenges. I'm currently at challenge 6 and they haven't been too bad yet. I'm hoping I can finish tonight.

LiQuid!

Nice try Jody, I ain't fallin for that shit, I'm saving my stones for PCGF.

Event REM: Not even once

These solo challenges are fun btw. Someone give me some tips for the no skills allowed level 5 please. It feels like I'm asking to be fucked if I go in there with any of my teams. My Acetet team has jack shit for time extend so I can't combo reliable, Ronove needs his actives too often I feel, maybe I could put together a bootsy Sumire team and just try to match 5's, but I'd probably be screwed without orb changers. Maybe I'm over thinking it and I can just yolo it. It's monday afterall so stamina is easy to come by.

J0dy77

Nice try Jody, I ain't fallin for that shit, I'm saving my stones for PCGF.

Event REM: Not even once

Haha, I was just going to edit and put that disclaimer. Collabs are the biggest freaking trap in this game. I think a lot of us just roll once per event depending on what is available or skip them altogether. STAY AWAY!!

I'm obviously excited to get her but not sure how much I'll want to use her. I have XM fully plussed with ideal subs that I hardly play anymore because of the grindy playstyle. Not sure if I want to invest in this team since I've decided to plus Lui Bei and then want to focus on Krishna.

Aesnath

Well, Gremory continues to be pretty awesome for me, even with splitting green. Sometimes I have to switch up Ruel, who's active is a bit too random, but I've been beating easier mythicals and legends with the team. Notably, I beat ana legend with the snow globe, but it was kinda tricky, as I kept triggering the resolve heals when I made a heart cross. I think I'll have to stick with the green include mostly due to ronove being OK and perseus being kinda bonkers--I can't imagine what a pandora would do for the team.

I'm also probably rolling on the collab egg machine. Honestly, most of the thing looks like bunk (fun bunk, but still). However, I suspect that playful star gods thoth and sopdet would be genuinely helpful on the gremory team, and, as it is a 4 star, hopefully I can get one.

Also, how do "one-shot challenges" work--if I die, do I not get to re-attempt?

LiQuid!

Fucking Medjedra, that stupid marshmallow asshole. His combo shield isn't even an issue on that huge board but he eats hearts! Fuck him. I tried with Sumire and was doing so well up until him.

Not sure about the name "one shot challenge" tbh. I assume it would mean you wouldn't have the option to stone it, but when I died I totally did, so I was wrong there. Also it lets you re-try it too. Maybe the one-shot is only referencing the fact that you have to do them in order instead of the other challenge dungeons you can do in any order.

Bladelaw

What are folks doing for level 9 of the challenge?

I have a ghetto Alcyone team but I'm pretty sure that won't pan out.

I'm curious what 6* team can clear it.

W-00

Decided to roll the Halloween REM twice on each account because I really wanted Hiza and Rozzie. No dice. My alt got Undine (can't even be inherited - completely useless) and Mulan (who might actually be useful if she had a devil typing). Main got T&S (again, useless. Unless I need a huge time extend and low atk multiplier for some reason) and Chiyome.

Other than its lower cooldown, Chiyome's skill is objectively worse than Pandora's or Anubis', but her dragon killer awakening might make her a useful replacement for Anubis somewhere. Somewhere with a lot of dragon enemies, no binds, and no trash-orb generators.

Well, Chiyome, I guess that makes you, a five-star gold, the best card I pulled from this REM. Congrats!

Pulled twice for the hell of it: Chiyome and Thoth+Sopdet

Not sure about the name "one shot challenge" tbh. I assume it would mean you wouldn't have the option to stone it, but when I died I totally did, so I was wrong there. Also it lets you re-try it too. Maybe the one-shot is only referencing the fact that you have to do them in order instead of the other challenge dungeons you can do in any order.

You can only clear them once. You can't re-run them once you've beaten them.

Bladelaw

Courtesy of Reddit

Took 103 minutes

LOL NOPE

I went a little different:
Balboa
Wee Jas
Leeza
Spica
Beach Mei Mei
Awoken Artemis

Only Artemis and spica don't get the bonus and they're mostly there for awakenings.
FL1: Leeza's dragon killer gets the job done, same with Devil killer on Wee Jas, I'd use Balboa's defense break but it's not up in time.
FL2: Balboa and Spica's god killer and type advantage win here.
FL3: Wee Jas kills with a green row and 3 blue.
FL4: Devil killer here
FL5: Pop Balboa buff to bait the dispel then Wee Jas and Leeza again wreck this floor after a Mei Mei board.
FL6: Yay Py!

no dark so I can bypass the shieldras (who are vulnerable to Wee Jas's Physical killer)

Killers on low rarity cards go a silly long way here. I wonder if it'd be easier with Balboa/Balboa instead of Balboa/Artemis?

LiQuid!

Stupid Medjedra killed me again. I put a team under Ace with all my god killer cards. Coulda killed him easy but I tried to hotshot it and not time scam the leader swap and combo'd him down enough for him to use his big attack and he one shot my squishy ass team. Oh well, time to get a new bar of stamina and try again.

medjedra is annoying af.

You never know what dumb mechanic he's going to pull out (leader swaps are evil) and he changes it every damn turn. I needed him for A. Isis and cleared the dungeon for the stone but fuck that dude.

Bladelaw

Challenges complete!

C9 went down clean vs Balboa
C10 I used Myr with Wedding Satsuki as my anchor. This is not a consistent clear but holy shit was it fun, I'm still shaking. The light Shieldras are the biggest roadblock for Myr. This is where wedding Satsuki comes in. An Apocalypse board gave me enough for 3 dark prongs and a cross which killed 2 shieldras from satsuki's sub attribute. From there you just cross every turn and pray you don't lose hearts. those ten turns are CRAZY intense as 1 fuckup and it's over.

The next hump is Myr. I had bind clear on my lead and Shine Flare Ring on my friend. Basically keep hearts out of the middle row and stall, crossing every turn you're not at full HP (I have 31kHP if you're in the 29k range cross every turn). When she binds I popped my 3 turn clear and stalled the remaining turns. Once everyone was unbound I popped Satsuki, Wukong (needed hearts), Venus (Ars Nova) and managed to get a row, a TPA and a 3 light match with a cross for the kill.

I'm sure there are better teams for clearing this (Anaphon or XM in retrospect might have been better...) but I'm still pumped I cleared with Myr.

LiQuid!

Alright got him! I even accidentally knocked him to low HP and unleashed his finisher but somehow had enough HP to tank it. What a piece of crap that guy is.

I think floor 7 no awoken skills allowed is going to be the floor that ultimately ends my run of this thing. That's the one dungeon stip I don't see myself overcoming at my current level of skill and given the quality of my box.

Well you could always run Hel... an upcoming descended challenge composed entirely of fixed teams has Hel in it, so you could grab one that way without having to worry if your box is up to snuff.

divusrex

3 pulls in the Halloween REM, and I'm stopping here. Misery, H.Parvati, and H.Alraune. I'll count my blessings and try to hold onto this luck for PCGF.

I'd limit the number of rolls in this REM (or don't roll at all) and save your stones for PCGF.

Bladelaw

Alright got him! I even accidentally knocked him to low HP and unleashed his finisher but somehow had enough HP to tank it. What a piece of crap that guy is.

I think floor 7 no awoken skills allowed is going to be the floor that ultimately ends my run of this thing. That's the one dungeon stip I don't see myself overcoming at my current level of skill and given the quality of my box.

Without a cross lead or the ability to stall for skills it's a tough one to be sure. An inconsistent solution is a combo lead but without finger awakenings it gets that much harder. When I didn't have a terribly deep box my solution to no awakening dungeons was either pair with someone who had a time extend leaderskill (Myr/Blue Myr being the best choices now) or rage stone through it (don't do this).

If you have a usable box in a color you can still pair with Myr since her leader skill works for everyone equally, you just take the risk of losing useful colors when you use her active.

Looking at C7, consistently hitting damage thresholds is going to be the key.

Floor 1 gives you 3 turns minimum to kill so you can charge skills here if you're not one shotting it.
Floor 2 gives you a few more turns to stall before the hits are too much,
Floor 3 is dangerous if you're blue but you can use that to your advantage if you're not and paired with BMyr to stall however long you need to.
Floor 4 Osiris doesn't have too much HP and doesn't hit that hard until < 30%
Floor 5 Noah pop actives and burst down before the 99% gravity.

Did you get through the last Challenge level that had no awakenings (I think it was also 7)?

I did it with Ronove but it was harrowing. No skill boosts and no time extends made it hell, knowing that a single turn without a cross meant certain death. Basically I just made the cross and did what I could ever turn and prayed for skyfalls. I think it took 3 tries.

The Awoken Odin thing looks cute but I'm resigned to the fact I won't be getting it. I guess I'll chip away at the dungeons and see what I can do.

More pressing is the Kaede skillup dungeon. I don't even have a Kaede but I'm going to be furiously farming that thing in hopes of having one someday (or even use the dragon on my Ronnie team).

LiQuid!

Nope I never even attempted it last time cause the stamina cost was too ridic and I didn't have Monday dungeon for infinite stamina. I'll give the higher tiers a shot with this one tho. Pairing with Myr sounds good, I forgot about her OP leader skill. Probably give it a shot with Ronnie if/when I even get to it.

My thought with all these challenge dungeons so far was to at least make sure I got thru the lower tiers cause they usually hand out good freebie shit for noobs like snow globes and tamas and stuff, and not worry so much about the high tiers cause they give out piis which I'd use obviously, but aren't as vital to me yet as sheer exp and tamas.

At least this one was nice cause it handed out some decent freebie monsters. Finally got that Echidna on my main acct, which was pretty much my white whale, even tho it's basically useless to me

W-00

Lousy no-skills challenge... Sumire relies on skills, Pandora relies on skills, Liu Bei relies on skills, Myr relies on skills (but I don't even have a good team for her anyways, so that's moot)...

I usually use Ryune for no-awakening challenges (paired with one of Sarasvati, You Yu, or A. I&I), so I thought she might work here for the same reason. She's somewhat less hurt by the loss of skills but her healing sucks (when not with A. I&I, in which case their attack suffers from the skill loss even more) and Medjedra starts the fight green and her attack without skills has a hard time breaking through the green, so that didn't go well...

What does that leave me? Isis? Yeah, Isis can take him down when paired with Yuna, but I don't think my Yuna friends are still playing/using her.

Then there's Amaterasu, but Amaterasu has no burst ability without skills and her team HP is pretty low, so it would be hard to take Medjedra out without triggering his rage hit. 30% of ~3000000 HP, so I'd have to do about a million damage without any skills. That doesn't sound doable for Amaterasu. And without Raph's skill to tank the rage, there's no way the team could take a hit like...

20634? His rage hit is only 20634? Oh. my Amaterasu team can easily tank that. Guess I'll be beating C5 with the help of dear, reliable A. Ama.

fek

I'm playing Halloween XM too. Got lucky and got her on my 10th roll so I decided to invest on her even though my Gremory and Typhon Ana teams are way better. I went for 2 runs of Arena 1 with her and had no problem, it's just a bit slower when compared to Kinnikuman team that I'm used to.

b33r

I hope we get dark Kanna soon, I really want to mess with that team now that Satsuki is hypered. I'm thinking Satsuki, Escha x 2, flex. And the flex can be awoken Haku, okinushi, castor, vritra, Anaphon, etc... Have a ton of subs for her and it will be fun to play a strong tpa combo lead again.

Top Bottom