• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
W-00 - Just use a combo leader for the no skill challenge - i mean its 7x6 it shouldnt be too difficult. Leads like Sara or Krishna should be fine as well.

@Jody
Congrats what an awesome pull - i pulled twice and ended up with Undine and Rozuel. Could be worse.

I hope we get dark Kanna soon, I really want to mess with that team now that Satsuki is hypered. I'm thinking Satsuki, Escha x 2, flex. And the flex can be awoken Haku, okinushi, castor, vritra, Anaphon, etc... Have a ton of subs for her and it will be fun to play a strong tpa combo lead again.

I want to cry. I sold Kanna for MP when I desperately wanted XM. Not knowing one day Gung Ho would make the exact type of leader I wanted. A dark TPA combo lead with a lot of health. I'm actually pissed they went and did that. If she was dark i would have never sold her.

Would have had a great team for her too.=(

b33r

I want to cry. I sold Kanna for MP when I desperately wanted XM. Not knowing one day Gung Ho would make the exact type of leader I wanted. A dark TPA combo lead with a lot of health. I'm actually pissed they went and did that. If she was dark i would have never sold her.

Would have had a great team for her too.=(

That would be a good team. I probably would have sold her at some point, but she was my first 6 star and she helped me through the early part of the game. She has been collecting dust for about a year and I am happy I'll be able to dust her off soon.

Lousy no-skills challenge... Sumire relies on skills, Pandora relies on skills, Liu Bei relies on skills, Myr relies on skills (but I don't even have a good team for her anyways, so that's moot)...

I usually use Ryune for no-awakening challenges (paired with one of Sarasvati, You Yu, or A. I&I), so I thought she might work here for the same reason. She's somewhat less hurt by the loss of skills but her healing sucks (when not with A. I&I, in which case their attack suffers from the skill loss even more) and Medjedra starts the fight green and her attack without skills has a hard time breaking through the green, so that didn't go well...

What does that leave me? Isis? Yeah, Isis can take him down when paired with Yuna, but I don't think my Yuna friends are still playing/using her.

Then there's Amaterasu, but Amaterasu has no burst ability without skills and her team HP is pretty low, so it would be hard to take Medjedra out without triggering his rage hit. 30% of ~3000000 HP, so I'd have to do about a million damage without any skills. That doesn't sound doable for Amaterasu. And without Raph's skill to tank the rage, there's no way the team could take a hit like...

20634? His rage hit is only 20634? Oh. my Amaterasu team can easily tank that. Guess I'll be beating C5 with the help of dear, reliable A. Ama.
I tried C5 with Myr and couldn't beat floor 5 because of the heart -> jammers attack. Ended up using ADQXQ.

That would be a good team. I probably would have sold her at some point, but she was my first 6 star and she helped me through the early part of the game. She has been collecting dust for about a year and I am happy I'll be able to dust her off soon.

I never used her at all and she was worth a lot of MP. Worse part is I'm totally over using XM already.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy crap I did it. Beat level 7 with Ronnie and a Myr buddy. Nearly sunk my run when I used Miru's active and didn't realize it automatically started your turn for you. Wasted all my hearts and ate a big attack from Noah but was able to recover.

Got no plan for the no rcv level. Wasn't expecting to make it this far.

I've really been enjoying this set of challenges. It's forced me to use a number of different teams. I'm at C8 waiting on more stamina, but I've used Gremory, Pandora, and Myr. I haven't gotten around to seriously running Myr because I'm waiting for the next 4x skill ups to finish her, and on first blush she just didn't seem as appealing as my Gremory team that does ridiculous damage with ease. Starting to warm up to her.

Only dungeon that gave me problems was the no active skill one. Gremory didn't work because I lost a lot of damage. Cleared it with Pandora but really had to save orbs, which I'm not used to doing.

Holy crap I did it. Beat level 7 with Ronnie and a Myr buddy. Nearly sunk my run when I used Miru's active and didn't realize it automatically started your turn for you. Wasted all my hearts and ate a big attack from Noah but was able to recover.

Got no plan for the no rcv level. Wasn't expecting to make it this far.

Just a heads up, because it's something a lot of people don't know, if you pop Myr's active and don't want to use it as a change the World style move, just pick up an orb and don't move it until the animation is over. You then have a normal turn to move.

Bladelaw

Ok I'm posting this here so I can reference it later:
I'm working on a Mathena Arena farm team (anyone willing to roll with me please let me know)

The current plan is have a setup for P1 and P2.

P1 will be the Lead Swap team and I'm using P1 for short hand.

P1:
Mathena (No inherit that will actually see use until I get more woodpys, her enhance will be used as the Kali kill shot)
Kotodama (Australis)
Rag Drag (Ana Ceres or G/D ceres)
Spica
Avalon Drake

P2:
Mathena
Rag Drag
Spica
Avalon Drake
Balboa (Delay?).

Not sure where to stick a delay. Avalon Drake -->Australis-->Athena is the Kali kill board. Spica's haste is too valuable to risk losing an inherit. Maybe Balboa? Kagu/parvati is the primary threat I'm looking to neutralize so maybe Orochi on Balboa would work?

Now that the challenges are cleared I'm going back to evo'ing Rag Drag for this. It's already max skilled and 297'ed, now I just need to level and evolve it. I'm sitting on enough globes to do it now but I don't want to burn them until I know how much XP I need (also after getting the Ana challenge rewards).

I need the Mech Dragons (for Canopus), the Samurai Dragons, and the Pirate Dragons (and 3 baby zaerogs). I could use my max skilled Z8 but fuuuuuck that. I really don't want to max skill another one even if the dungeon has some solid loot.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Haha, well I just had an embarrassing moment. I joined some kid's EKMD room with one of my button configurations. Goemon, Anji, Bane and 2 tengus with nothing inherited on them. Dude's got a Vritra lead and passes to me. I Anji, then Bane, then Goemon, then pop his Vritra, I'm feeling like hot shit since I basically single handedly just buttoned the dungeon. Then we got to the boss, I'm at 1 HP from the Goemon and the board is fully red so I activated the board and it did zero damage and we died. I know his preemptive gets rid of the def break but how come clearing the full red board didn't do anything at all?

I guess I'll go back to bring Balboa instead for the 2nd def break.

Haha, well I just had an embarrassing moment. I joined some kid's EKMD room with one of my button configurations. Goemon, Anji, Bane and 2 tengus with nothing inherited on them. Dude's got a Vritra lead and passes to me. I Anji, then Bane, then Goemon, then pop his Vritra, I'm feeling like hot shit since I basically single handedly just buttoned the dungeon. Then we got to the boss, I'm at 1 HP from the Goemon and the board is fully red so I activated the board and it did zero damage and we died. I know his preemptive gets rid of the def break but how come clearing the full red board didn't do anything at all?

guessing still probably not enough damage.

Bladelaw

2 things on that composition:
Fatty has 1.5 million defense. If you can't crack that you deal no damage.
What probably should have happened was save (Awoken?) Vritra for the end and use that nuke to finish fatty. I'm not sure how much a full power Awoken Vritra nuke does though. If it's not over 1.5 mill that would do nothing too.

LiQuid!

Holy shit I just found my absolute most favorite art in this game.

MONS_2963.jpg

I want this dude. He sucks so bad but I want this dude. Just got a random friend request from a guy with this leader and he's +297'd!!!

LiQuid!

Tsubaki easily ripped through no skill round
But no awakening I have no idea who I should bring

Heart cross was pretty easy. I'm genuinely curious how people beat no awakening stips before heart cross meta.

Jagernaut

I brought Awoken Shiva out of retirement for c5-no skills. Just put on subs with tpa or time extend plus Chiyome for the balance killer. Easy clear.

Yomidra for all c6-all attributes.

Kreed

Heart cross was pretty easy. I'm genuinely curious how people beat no awakening stips before heart cross meta.

Keep in mind that with every new dungeon that gets added to this game, the difficulty is increased to encourage players to roll for newer units/evolve units. So things like "heart meta" would have been overkill for these dungeons. Example, when the Wadatsumi dungeon was released, people were beating this dungeon with pre Awoken forms of Odin and Amaterasu, in addition to non awoken forms of combo leads like Horus and Bastet.

b33r

I usually use Shiva Dragon on no skills or no awakenings. The static multiplier and quick healing generally make them pretty easy.

LiQuid!

God I just beat that Medjedra challenge dungeon on my alt with the dumbest team

TKFKTWF.png

W-00

W-00 - Just use a combo leader for the no skill challenge - i mean its 7x6 it shouldnt be too difficult. Leads like Sara or Krishna should be fine as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, but A. Ama just basically stomped all over that challenge.

C6 then went down to sweet little Pandora. I was concerned that I wouldn't have enough orb changes ready when I needed them (since i had to swap out Anubis and an Akechi for Hades and Lilith), but it turned out to not be a problem.

Now I wait for stamina to recharge before giving Ama a shot at C7. I'd normally let Ryune take care of it, but I don't like those water absorbs. Plus, I haven't had the chance to try out the Raph -> AnaValk board yet.

hermit7

8 is kicking my ass a bit.

Not sure what I should use, yomidra may be my best bet.

The no rcv isn't awful, but I need a delay on floor 1 or I always overshoot.

My main teams are all red, so floor 3 is hard with 10 turns of absorb. Even tried bringing a poison but they have too much hp for that.

Quantum

odd thought -

the new karin - there is a dark and a blue version.

could you use badpys on the dark version and switch to blue version and maintain the skill ups?

or do both versions take bubpys.

I have no idea how to figure this one out.

odd thought -

the new karin - there is a dark and a blue version.

could you use badpys on the dark version and switch to blue version and maintain the skill ups?

or do both versions take bubpys.

I have no idea how to figure this one out.

I would think that it'd work that way, but I'm not sure if anyone has or will test this since she skills up with chasers.

hermit7

Beat the one shot challenge. 9 I used one stone on Zaerog, had no buff to dispel and ate the hit.

10 was much easier actually with XM stalled out the 5 turns with Valen and then popped gadius and Uriel for the kill.

Overall pretty easy, stall on floor 2 and have an active ready for the light shields on 3.

Shield is more for convenience rather than necessary, but definitely makes it a little safer.

Quantum

She shares the same skill between the both of them so yes it'll work.

for your example you are using meimei as initially rolled - I see it would maintain the skill ups, but the question I was asking - using your example

if you convert meimei to G/B from B/G could you then skill her with woodpy or would it still take bubpys?

I would think that it'd work that way, but I'm not sure if anyone has or will test this since she skills up with chasers.

agreed its not the most realistic question as chasers are somewhat easier to get (although not sure about the blue ones) - I just found it interesting that you could use different "pys" is this is true.

for your example you are using meimei as initially rolled - I see it would maintain the skill ups, but the question I was asking - using your example

if you convert meimei to G/B from B/G could you then skill her with woodpy or would it still take bubpys?

I see. Well, from the wording on the pys, I can't give a 100% answer but I'm fairly sure the pys only care about the current color of the card at the time of feeding not what they were. I can get back to you once I find a green chaser to 100% confirm this in the future.

Quantum

I see. Well, from the wording on the pys, I can't give a 100% answer but I'm fairly sure the pys only care about the current color of the card at the time of feeding not what they were. I can get back to you once I find a green chaser to 100% confirm this in the future.

no - you definitely don't need to do it - I'm just wondering - its rare when I can't figure something out with respect to this game - I though it was interesting.

divusrex

Of course the PAD gods would curse me. My yolo pull on my alt account results in H. Sonia Gran...when I have the perfect team sitting in my main account. The RNG of the REM machine never fails to amaze me...

Bladelaw

Star Den times are up on padx.
Group E starts at 4PM US East, then A at 5 B at 6 and so on.

It's during work hours for my block. I can run with someone in almost any other timeslot for the hour. I'm hoping to replenish my 297 stockpile since Mathena's team chewed up a lot of those resources.

Anyone in group B, C, or D want to run for a silly amount of time?

I finished Rag Dragon's evo finally. Now I just need to figure out inherits. I have enough tans to put almost anything on the team but I'm not sure what should go where.
Mathena
Ragnarok Dragon (Bind Clear?)
Avalon Drake
Spica
Balboa (Delay?)

The next thing I guess is level and evo Kotodama for sopdet.

LiQuid!

So Rare monster infest is in the daily tomorrow and I've never done it before but I need jewels BADLY. Is there a drop rate difference in them between the 25 and 50 stamina versions? Which one should I shoot for to maximize jewel GET?

W-00

I think mythical is supposed to have better drop rates than legend, but I've never noticed a difference. I almost always get jewels on legend, and I've sometimes not gotten jewels on mythical. Whatever difference there is must be minuscule, so I always go with legend. Whatever bonus there is isn't worth the stamina to me.

Whichever you choose, just make sure you have 100% skill-bind resist on your team.

Bladelaw

So I didn't take my own advice and had my alt roll in Halloween. The excuse I'm telling myself is that that account has everything it needs to serve it's purpose (coop with me when discord isn't helping). Rolled 3 times: Hiza, Undine, and freaking HKali. So it doesn't actually do anything for the teams there (except maybe a Sherias sub I guess?) but I can't in good conscience sell it. So whatever I'll be happy with my luck and hope for a buff down the road one day.

Tested Mathena out with some folks in discord and holy hell what a team. I went with a bind clear on Rag Drag (Ceres for the full heal/bind removal), and a delay on Balboa (Woodbahn, I didn't have anything else expendable). Turns out that was the right call for this run. Kagu came up and Balboa's delay saved us from skyfall. We one shot LKali with a Avalon Drake-->Australis-->Athena board and took our shynpy. We were prepared to die to Sopdet since neither of us had a long delay and no lead switch. Fortunately we ran into Sphinx.

All told it feels like the work thus far has been worth it. Still a little more effort to go getting the inherits sorted and Kotodama skilled up but this was a good signal that I'm on the right track.

Jagernaut

So I didn't take my own advice and had my alt roll in Halloween. The excuse I'm telling myself is that that account has everything it needs to serve it's purpose (coop with me when discord isn't helping). Rolled 3 times: Hiza, Undine, and freaking HKali. So it doesn't actually do anything for the teams there (except maybe a Sherias sub I guess?) but I can't in good conscience sell it. So whatever I'll be happy with my luck and hope for a buff down the road one day.

Tested Mathena out with some folks in discord and holy hell what a team. I went with a bind clear on Rag Drag (Ceres for the full heal/bind removal), and a delay on Balboa (Woodbahn, I didn't have anything else expendable). Turns out that was the right call for this run. Kagu came up and Balboa's delay saved us from skyfall. We one shot LKali with a Avalon Drake-->Australis-->Athena board and took our shynpy. We were prepared to die to Sopdet since neither of us had a long delay and no lead switch. Fortunately we ran into Sphinx.

All told it feels like the work thus far has been worth it. Still a little more effort to go getting the inherits sorted and Kotodama skilled up but this was a good signal that I'm on the right track.

I'm still working on evolving my M Athena. Is Ragnarok Dragon essential to the arena team? I don't have one.

Took me a few ties to beat C6... All my A.Ra friends disappeared (which was my go-to All Att. team), so I went with a cobbled together Myr team (Myr-W.Gadius-Wukong-A.Sakuya-A.Yomi-Myr). Worked alright

Bladelaw

I'm still working on evolving my M Athena. Is Ragnarok Dragon essential to the arena team? I don't have one.

It's a really important component. Between its stats, killers, and unbindability it's a pretty good card to have. That said you can probably get away without one depending on your other subs. Spica fills the God killer hole well enough and Star Justice covers unbindability. If you're running the lead switch side you can possibly get away with no Rag Dragon since ideally you aren't trying to make the kill shot on Kali. If you want to try let me know. Just bring a Kotodama (or similar) with an orb change inherit.

Here's a Video showing the "template" Arena farm team complete with sopdet spawn. To me as long as one player is capable of killing the major threats and you have a panic heal button things should be ok.

EDIT:
Ok so lets talk about what Machine Athena can do outside quick farming Arena

Given her multiplier matches up with Mhera anything she can do Mathena can do as well assuming qualifying subs. Mhera AFAIK can farm all rogues, MZeus, and any "normal" content with minimal prep. Given her relative ease to acquire (compared to say MZeus) I'd say if you can fill out her team then she's still worth grabbing and investing in even without Rag Drag.

Jagernaut

It's a really important component. Between its stats, killers, and unbindability it's a pretty good card to have. That said you can probably get away without one depending on your other subs. Spica fills the God killer hole well enough and Star Justice covers unbindability. If you're running the lead switch side you can possibly get away with no Rag Dragon since ideally you aren't trying to make the kill shot on Kali. If you want to try let me know. Just bring a Kotodama (or similar) with an orb change inherit.

Here's a Video showing the "template" Arena farm team complete with sopdet spawn. To me as long as one player is capable of killing the major threats and you have a panic heal button things should be ok.

EDIT:
Ok so lets talk about what Machine Athena can do outside quick farming Arena

Given her multiplier matches up with Mhera anything she can do Mathena can do as well assuming qualifying subs. Mhera AFAIK can farm all rogues, MZeus, and any "normal" content with minimal prep. Given her relative ease to acquire (compared to say MZeus) I'd say if you can fill out her team then she's still worth grabbing and investing in even without Rag Drag.

I'm not ready for Arena yet, my team needs a lot of work and has no plusses. I also need to make a Kotodama. These are my wood type machine cards.

M Athena - not ultimate evolved yet
Spica
Avalon Drake
Reincarnated ADK Zeal
Australis x 2
Misery - just pulled
Star Justice - undeveloped
Green Mech General Asgard

Hamal - dark main, wood sub color

Not sure if I should invest in a M Athena Arena team or just wait for Krishna super ult.

Bladelaw

I'm not ready for Arena yet, my team needs a lot of work and has no plusses. I also need to make a Kotodama. These are my wood type machine cards.

M Athena - not ultimate evolved yet
Spica
Avalon Drake
Reincarnated ADK Zeal
Australis x 2
Misery - just pulled
Star Justice - undeveloped
Green Mech General Asgard

Hamal - dark main, wood sub color

Not sure if I should invest in a M Athena Arena team or just wait for Krishna super ult.
I've been looking at videos of different Machine Athena clears (mostly for an idea on how to deal with annoying spawns) and I've seen a variety of team comps where the lead swap player lacks Rag Drag. In these instances there's two enhances employed. Fortunately Machine Athena provides the enhance, so it's really about getting a strong board. The Drake-->Aus-->Ath board is used for high HP floors by the lead swap team when needed which seems to just be Beelz. In these cases it looks like that team CANNOT be the one to take down Kali.

Thoth into Kagu is probably the worst spawn set this composition can face since you can't really stall since skyfall luck will basically hose your actives either way. You'd have to get pretty unlucky but it's still very possible. Thoth into Parvati's not so bad though since it's basically free stalling. The thing you really miss without Rag Drag is solid but not too much damage from dark combos. If Thoth comes up pray the player with the delay for Kagu doesn't get boned. Everything else is manageable.

Re: Super Krishna
I'd go for him since he'll be more available and you can do DC runs. That's not to say I wouldn't want a consistent Mathena partner but realistically there's a bit of work spinning the team up. Just farming MP for Rags was brutal. But hey I have a max skilled everything from rogues now. I'll probably never run Volsung, Gainaut, or Myr again.

Also reminder: Today is Star Den day. Anyone in group B, C, D want a partner to run with all hour let me know. I can button through as long as my partner has 9 SB and a red row lead (Yamato, Goemon, ACC).

LiQuid!

Farming Jewels is soul crushing. So many floors of trash to fight thru for a 20% chance at the jewel you're looking for. I need so many god damned green jewels and ZERO of every other jewel.

I don't have a Groden to easily get MAthena (though I'm sure I could put together a team if I had the time to sit down with it), but I'm really lacking in green machine subs so I'm probably not going to be hoping on the MAthena hype train anytime soon.

Just beat C8 with Gremory, no RCV no problem. Gremory is hands down my favorite lead ever.

Decided my next target (after Myr is skilled), is going to be looking in to A. Minerva. Would be nice to have a solid fire squad. Need to figure out Ganesha too since he seems to be such a big deal in Japan.

Bladelaw

I don't have a Groden to easily get MAthena (though I'm sure I could put together a team if I had the time to sit down with it), but I'm really lacking in green machine subs so I'm probably not going to be hoping on the MAthena hype train anytime soon.

Just beat C8 with Gremory, no RCV no problem. Gremory is hands down my favorite lead ever.

Decided my next target (after Myr is skilled), is going to be looking in to A. Minerva. Would be nice to have a solid fire squad. Need to figure out Ganesha too since he seems to be such a big deal in Japan.

If you can clear the challenge dungeons Tamazo X Odin works since the Damage Reduction is the same. As long as your partner has Grodin for the awakening bind you're fine. You just burst with Avalon Drake boards instead of full greens.

Top Bottom